Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Job Hunt

Post by Marissa on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:28 pm

DATE: FEBRUARY 19TH, 2016
    TIME: APPROX. 7:30 PM

Marissa fidgeted uneasily in the cramped taxi. She all that nervous, though. No, the reason for all the fidgeting had been constant attempts to get a good look at her hair in rear-view mirror. Doing so was proving to be rather difficult with all the bumps in the road. The monster's hair needed to look at least somewhat presentable for what she was about to do. Tonight, she was hoping to land a job at the Drive-In.

She remembered just how understaffed the place looked back on Christmas, and truthfully, the furry monster was starting to grow just a tiny bit bored of all these uneventful days. Not only that, but a house in the suburbs had recently caught her eye. If she was to be able to pay the inevitable bills, she was going to need something to pay them with. That much was obvious.

Finally the taxi had arrived at Marissa's destination. She paid the driver and hastily exited the vehicle, glad to be able to actually stretch her legs a little. The monstress couldn't stay stretching for too long, though. She needed to find the Drive-In's owner, the red mech known as Knock Out. Indeed, it wasn't hard to find him at all. She quickly found him at the concession stand.

"Excuse me," she said, trying to get his attention.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: Job Hunt

Post by Knock Out on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Ah, Friday. Typical Fridays on Earth were a busy time for any movie theater. Most movies were released on Fridays, and a movie was a good way to kick off the weekend! For the Drive-In, however, activity was a lot more... 'eh'. The mech could spy a handful of people outside, folks who were becoming regulars. Activity had declined since the Holidays had come and gone. It made Knock Out want to research and dig up all the summer movies he could find, to make a new little event when summer began. It seemed to generate good interest... Maybe he could gather up Summer Blockbusters and show them to celebrate the summer.

Knock Out hummed thoughtfully to himself as he planned the future, digits lightly drumming against the glass counter that housed the candy. His helm perked to attention when he spied a mass of purple outside of the building, focusing back on the present with an audible blink. His digits paused in their rhythmic drumming, taking in the sight of the woman before him. Aah...he recognized her from Christmas. A strange, furry creature, but the mech wasn't about to judge. His body straightened up and he made himself look nice and presentable as he gave her his best grin. "Oh no, excuse me! My processor was in the clouds--How may I help you today?" Some popcorn, perhaps?
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:53 pm

"Hi, Knock Out," Marissa said to the Cybertronian, tail swishing from side to side. "I came here to inquire about some things, important stuff. Hopefully you aren't too busy to right now."

The fluffy monstress cleared her throat. Perhaps she had a cold coming on? No no, that was no good at all!

"Yeah, I couldn't help but notice how understaffed you were at Christmas, and by the look of it, you still are. I've had my eyes on this house in the suburbs, and I can't even begin to think of buying it if I don't have a job to pay the bills with. That's why I came to you. I was wondering if it might be possible to apply for a job here. Can I?"
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:57 pm

She was here to inquire about things...? Knock Out laid his elbows to rest on the counter, lacing his fingers together as he leaned forward with interest. A metal brow lifted ever so slightly. "Oh no, I'm not busy right now. Go ahead, ask away! Inquiring minds wish to know..." The purple furry woman cleared her throat, and as soon as she began to speak, he could tell where she was going with this. All the same, he allowed her to say her piece. The woman had noticed the Drive-In had been understaffed, and there was a house she wanted to buy. To buy a house you need money, and what better way to get money than by getting a job?

The mech considered her point, digit rubbing his chin lightly. Spenst had been the first to apply, and there had been a couple of other people who had joined on... But that was still just four people. Two in the kitchen, with Spenst and Knock Out switching between the register and cleaning the property. Another person would be profitable... His back stiffened, Knock Out standing stiff as a board as his optics scanned her. "You can. I don't have any paperwork to fill out, but we can conduct an interview right here! If any customers come in, you can watch how I take their order to get an idea of how to do this job. Are you just wanting a job at the cash register, or would you be willing to do janitorial duties around the place, or cooking?" The crimson mech looked her over curiously. Marissa looked to be a little bit older than Spenst, or at least she carried herself as being a bit older. "What prior job experience do you have?"
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:20 pm

"Yeah, that's fine. I can do an interview now," Marissa replied to the mech. "I was hoping to get a position as either a janitor or a cashier. Maybe both? I would offer to cook, but I doubt you want someone as hairy as me around the food. As much as I might not like admitting it, I tend to shed."

And then came that inevitable question that comes with just about every job interview ever: What kind of prior job experience did she have. Fortunately, the monstress came prepared with the answer!

"In terms of things that would help me here, I used to work positions as a cashier to help pay for college back in the day. I still remember how to work registers fairly well."

Last edited by Marissa Clawthorne on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Good, good, she could do an interview. Hm... With Marissa's interest in working here, perhaps Knock Out to make some job applications. Though the initial job search for employees was now over, Marissa's presence proved that people could still find an interest in working here. The interview was preferred, as it gave the mech a good read on his potential employees, but perhaps something to fill out would still be a good idea. So, janitor or cashier it was! The purple creature brought up a good point, the mech eyeing her long, hairy body. "Yeeeah... I don't think there are any hairnets that can fit you." The woman would basically have to wear a hazmat suit just to walk in the kitchen! Yeah, no, no cooking for her.

Ah, so she had cashier experience! "Fast food, department store, or other?" Hopefully fast food... "Would you be able to come in and work nights, Friday to Sunday?" Might as well get any scheduling conflicts out of the way... The crimson mech side-stepped away from the register and gestured for her to come around the counter and join him at the cash register. "Why don't you go ahead and give it a whirl?" See how well those fingers remembered the register buttons.
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:57 pm

"Haha, yeahhh," Marissa replied to the mech, chuckling as she scratched behind her head. Her mouth curled into a wide, toothy grin. "Tell me, would you have charged extra for the added side of purple monster hair? Ah, but I kid. I kid! I'm not the mean type."

It would seem that Knock Out was curious as to what kind of cashier positions she had held in the past. Fast food, retail, other?..

"I've worked at a few different places as a cashier, actually. The position I've worked for the longest time was at this fast food place, though. It could be hectic and pretty frustrating at times, but I think I managed just fine."

Aaannd there were the flashbacks of various customers that had not figured out their order before coming to the counter. She shook her head, remembering the angry mobs of lines that would form as a result. And then there were those monsters that would insist on trying to redeem expired coupons or asking for limited time items that weren't currently in stock. Ahh, those were the days!

"I could work those hours! And yeah, I could go ahead and give it a go. You got a list of prices I could look at, though?"
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Knock Out's helm tilted to the side, as if he were seriously considering the question Marissa had asked in jest. "Hm..." A servo clasped over his chin, and a digit stroked it lightly. Decisions, decisions... Finally, he shrugged openly, both servoes held out with the palm sides up. "Hey, if there was a market of customers that would like hair with their food...why not charge extra~?" The mech purred, sending the furry woman a wink to show that he was only joking too.

Marissa was sounding more and more like a very experienced cashier. Very promising indeed! The longest place she had worked in was a fast food joint, and like most fast food joints... The place could get hectic! "This place doesn't get too hectic, but that may change in the future. You know how it is with customers! They can be very fickle..." Predicting a turnout for customers was practically impossible! Promising as it sounded, it also sounded rather...suspect that Marissa had apparently worked at several places. Knock Out would not be a good boss if he didn't check out every angle. "May I ask, why did you work at so many different places?" The answer could be benign, such as being let go due to simply not needing her, or being fired for some reason. The mech couldn't exactly fact-check with her other bosses... But he would still ask the question.

"Perfect!" The nitty, gritty details could be spelled out later. For now, Knock Out lead the way behind the counter, waiting patiently for her to join. As she did, he pointed out a little scrap of paper, taped on all sides to the glass counter. The way it was positioned behind the register, it could only be seen on the other side of the counter at certain angles. Identical pieces of paper were taped to the other register stations as well. "A little cheat sheet. Looking at the menu board from behind the register here is a little...difficult." To demonstrate, Knock Out turned and craned his helm around, peering up at the menu as best he could. Though his optics could make out the prices and every detail of the pictures that showed what they sold here, he knew it was different for an organic. Even for his mechanical build, he could feel a strain in the cables of his neck from stretching his helm at this angle! The former medic turned back to Marissa, rubbing the back of his neck to coax the cables. "Having something here is better, I think. Easier for the cashier to see, at least." Shuffling off to the side, he observed her curiously and allowed for her to study the prices before speaking up again.

"Ring me up an order with a number 5, make the drink a large one, and add a medium popcorn to it." Let's see what this...cat...bear...horse, could do!

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:47 am