Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

No Principles no Student Teachers

Post by Tally on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Time: Noon
    Date: 05/17/16

No cheap tactics or petty remarks. That's what the note had said, but Tally trusted fear about as far as she could throw him. It was perturbing as well that so shortly after talking to Kev, Fear had found her work and left her a note. What had Kev gone running to Fear? Was this some weird psychic thing? She didn't know and it didn't help make her feel anymore safe. This whole business with Kev had left her feeling uneasy for a really long time, and what little she was understanding about his relationship with Fear was being bogged down by the fact that FEAR KNEW WHERE SHE WORKED.

How? How had he even found her? A small part of her brain thought that perhaps Kev had ratted her out, but who could really tell with Fear. He and his brother both had freaky mind powers. Who knew what they were really capable of. Tally pulled out the note and re-read it, undesirable consequences it had said, so probably this really was about Kev. Their relationship was still a puzzle to her, one that she felt she was beginning to gleam some understand of, but was still finding hard to accept.

Fear means so much to Kev that he's willing to risk all of us for him. That...boggled her mind. How, and why would Kev's devotion run so deep? She had some hypothesis, but nothing she could absolutely say for sure was true.

She stepped into the park at exactly noon, jacket wrapped tight around her to keep out the wind. Tally kept walking until she reached a park bench and then sat down...and waited. Knowing the Judge he was probably already nearby and just waiting. Shady fucker, but then this all felt shady, like some drug exchange.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: No Principles no Student Teachers

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:18 am

There she was, making her way across the grassy knolls at noon right on the dot. Points for punctuality.

True to his word, Judge Fear wasn't very far behind. In fact, he was probably much closer than Stevens would have liked. Such was the icy hand of death, no? An uneasy sensation permeated the air, and lo, riding upon the foul winds of rot and malaise, the towering fiend made his appearance. No grandiose entrance, no showy displays of otherworldly power; he simply hobbled out from the murky shadow of a lonely tree and approached Stevens' chosen bench. "Greetingsss, Ssstevensss." Ahh... such a reassuring voice to hear during an otherwise fine, sunny afternoon. One could say that it simply drained the life out of it. The steely rattling of his chains only worsened the mood, followed by the disgusting creaks and groans of his rancid host.

"I sssee you are on time - good." Pleasing, very pleasing. But complimenting her ability to obey the simplest of directions was not the subject of today's meeting. No, Judge Fear was here because he heard Stevens had been talking shit. Oh, pardon him... Had been stating her eloquently-worded opinion. Fortunately for her, this wasn't the bleachers at a high school stadium and they weren't hormonal teenagers looking to scrap.

Yet.

Leather stretched and ancient bone popped as the fiend took his place, now seated opposite of the florist while minding his sprawling limbs. The striking aromas of red phosphorus and fragrant tobacco didn't take long to enter her nostrils. "Apologiesss," he rasped, extinguishing a match's tiny flame with one rigid flick of his wrist. Puffs of smoke outwardly curled from his helmet's metal grin, a cigarette wedged between two vents. "Sssome bad habitsss are jussst too hard to kick the bucket. Oh, but where are my mannersss..." Before she could even refuse or comment, the Dark Judge casually offered her an open pack of smokes; they weren't a brand she would recognize, guessing from their European design. "Sssmoke? I promissse you, it'sss none of that cheap American trasssh you call a 'cigarette'."
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:12 am

Ug. She smelled him before she saw him, but how could she not? The stink of rot, of death and things that were just so much worse covered him from head to toe. He came out of the shadows unceremoniously and stalked towards her bench.

"Greetingsss, Ssstevensss."

"Fear." His voice felt like ice in her ears, it sounded like being depressed, good God did it get darker since he opened his mouth? Tally only hummed in response to his comment, and watched as he sat down across from her. The way his body creaked and popped made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end, it made her palms itch like mad...

Tally sniffed, nose slightly and suddenly agitated by the strong smell of cigarettes. How did he smoke without a mouth? She regarded the offered open pack of cigs, her brow wrinkling as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. For a long second she said nothing,

"No thank you, I don't smoke." Well, this was getting off to a rather peaceful start, odd considering the two people on the bench. No doubt her life was a source of irritation, but then again, Fear was in the middle of a park, he was probably irritated up to his eyeballs right now by life.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Ahhh... suspicion, anxiety, disgust. A pleasing cocktail that has been sorely missed. "Pleasssure to sssee you too, Ssstevensss." Cheeky as always; things hadn't changed since they last interacted. And no smoke? Pity. Sinners didn't need such pink, healthy lungs, but he digressed. The otherworldly fiend tipped his helmet and the pack of smokes was stowed away. "Your funeral," he remarked. Alright, alright... That was enough provoking the florist/swordswoman. Judge Fear came here for business and it was business he was going to achieve, wretched lively park or not.

"I'll make thisss painlesssssly sssimple," he rasped. So simple that even a sinner could understand. "Earlier thisss week, you and Kev had a friendly little chat. You needn't go into detailsss; I sssaw, and felt, enough from hisss end of the line." And what a fun day that had been, whew! It had certainly made purging a lot more difficult.

The ghoul paused to enjoy a lengthy drag of his smoke and a quiet sigh escaped his rotten throat. Good stuff, good stuff... Sweet tobacco and earth quickly began to mix with rot and decay, hazy wisps curling outward from the metal grating of his helmet. Up ahead and a decent way off, a couple of school-aged children tossed a badly-worn pigskin in-between their excited shrieks and laughter. It didn't take a genius to infer as to what Judge Fear was thinking. His ethereal gaze never once left the children, the fiend trailing their movements like a hawk did with an unsuspecting field mouse. Oh right, right... He was here for other business, wasn't it? "What you two dissscussssed... It left a sssour tassste in both your mouthsss, yeah? That'sss rather unfortunate, ssseeing how you are chumsss." And it was here, at last, that Judge Fear transfixed his unwavering sights upon Stevens, the ghostly lights in his helm boring holes into her naked soul. A normally unpleasant sensation, but she was no stranger by now.

"I usssually wouldn't be meddling in the affairsss of sssinnersss, but the circumssstancesss require that I intervene. Whatever issssue you have with me, I kindly asssk that you keep it between ourssselvesss. If you hate me, fine. If you wisssh to dessstroy me, fine. Jussst leave Kev out of it. He'sss got enough on hisss plate asss it isss." Simple, right?

God, Judge Fear sure hoped so...
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:00 pm

Pleasure. Hm, somehow she doubted that, but okay she'd roll with it for now. "Your funeral." Immediately her palms began to itch again, the urge to snap back and say something in retort becoming a serious threat. Tally quashed it, she was falling for provocation far too easily. She needed to get it under control, Tally pictured it in her mind, the unbreakable, unfeeling steel of a sword.

That was what she wanted to be, needed to be here and now, in her mind she pushed until she felt her edges become sharp and hard and her core become unbreakable.

"I'll make thisss painlesssssly sssimple,"

And here they go,

"Earlier thisss week, you and Kev had a friendly little chat. You needn't go into detailsss; I sssaw, and felt, enough from hisss end of the line."

Her ears caught the sound of the children's laughter and she followed Fears' gaze to where they played. The poor unsuspecting things, full of life and happiness, completely unaware of what was looking them down, sizing them up, judging them like some creep. 'I am a sword' She reminded herself and turned away from the children and back to Fear, who was still watching them.

Unflinching she took his gaze, let him look into her and see her truth.

"I usssually wouldn't be meddling in the affairsss of sssinnersss, but the circumssstancesss require that I intervene. Whatever issssue you have with me, I kindly asssk that you keep it between ourssselvesss. If you hate me, fine. If you wisssh to dessstroy me, fine. Jussst leave Kev out of it. He'sss got enough on hisss plate asss it isss."

Tally said nothing and the silence stretched out between them as her eyes pinned themselves to the Judge and attempted to bore into his brain. Finally, "Kev and I have already agreed to talk again at a later point, after we both cool down, I can't avoid that." Nor would she, there were still things to be said between her and Kev after all.

Her hostility was gone, she was a sword, sharp and cold and unwilling to bend, but not currently pointed at his neck. She was simply there. "Why do you care what happens to Kev?"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:47 pm

"Oh yesss, I am quite aware that both you and Kev have agreed for a ssssecond round of diplomatic conversssation." Or, in short: another chance at salvaging their friendship between one another. Judge Fear knew better to pry, however. As the fiend had previously stated, he was very cognizant of what had developed back at City Noise several days ago.

A sword...

What a fascinating choice of mental fortitude. Sharp edges, a tempered body, lethal to an extreme... But was this necessarily what made a sword formidable? Toxic plumes continued to writhe from Judge Fear's helmet, seeping into the summer air. "You can have the mossst powerful sssword in the world," he hissed, "and ssstill fall prey to defeat. It isss not the blade, Ssstevensss, but the wielder that determinesss victory." As for her question... The fiend glanced away, refocusing his resolute gaze elsewhere. Not here, not to the children... "And why ssshouldn't I care?" This was of course a rhetorical question. Stevens knew very well why the Dark Judge ought to; stating it aloud would only stoke the fire. An unwise move, yes? The cigarette smouldered brightly, its embers softly crackling. "There are many reassssonsss why I am invesssted in thisss sssituation," Judge Fear put it mildly. "I am an empath, for one. Whether I like it or not, whether I want it or not, I am made aware of what transsspiresss in the heartsss and mindsss of thossse around me." Point in case, Stevens herself. "And it jussst ssso happenssss that Kev isss clossser to home; hisss ssstrugglesss resssonate louder than othersss, like a desssperate fisssh caught on the line."

Stevens, the children up ahead, even those currently within the park itself... All small game that Judge Fear would eventually get to. They were little more than afterthoughts, but Kev? Ah, but Kev... The alien's joys, dreams, fears, and sorrows... They were very much a part of Kev as they were the ghoul; though, the latter continuously strove to keep the two halves separate and unique - as individuals. The psychic bond forged by circumstance was as every much thick as blood was to water. How could someone like Stevens understand...? Where she saw a threat that needed to be culled, and, by extension a sympathizer that would damn them all... would she stop to realize that things weren't always so black-and-white?

"Becaussse I care for him." A simple answer, but perhaps one Stevens would not readily understand, nor desire to. "Asss much asss I am compelled to end hisss life, I do not wisssh for him to sssuffer unnecessssary hardssship. Thisss, Ssstevensss, isss avoidable." A start, but it wasn't good enough. The statement needed to be driven home.

It needed to be made... personal.

Judge Fear mused for a brief moment, perhaps two, though he already knew a fitting approach. It was out of caution that the fiend hesitated, and it was because of Kev's despair that he threw it to the wind. "I underssstand your frussstration regarding Kev'sss consssciousss decisssion to enjoy my company," he rasped, showing awareness for the situation's delicacy. "However, could not the sssame be sssaid of you?" The Dark Judge again stared down at her, smoke vented upon his foul breath. "One of your employeesss isss, to be frank, on par with the likesss of myssself. The only difference, Ssstevensss, isss that they no longer actively ssseek their calling. Neverthelessss, their previousss line of work did not ssstop you from hiring them. By all meansss, you assssociating yourssself with thisss individual isss sssimilar to Kev'sss current posssition; it isss easssy to judge othersss firssst rather than ourssselvesss, yesss?"

Otherworldly chuckling disturbed the air, yet it was not borne by malice. "I am of courssse not trying to accusssse you of hypocrisssy or erroneous judgement," Judge Fear continued, rigidly looking away. Those ducks over yonder were incredibly captivating. "But I am hoping that you become more aware of the intricaciesss sssurrounding the partiesss involved. Kev isss a good perssson - thisss we can both agree on. Kev isss alssso a flawed perssson, much like ourssselvesss. Thisss too we can agree on. All I asssk, Ssstevensss, isss that you direct your ire where it isss rightly owed. I assssure you, there will be no hard feelingsss, ha ha."

A sword was only as formidable as its wielder.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:24 pm

Well so long as he knew, and of course he read her mind, honestly she couldn't even be surprised anymore that the Judge violated her privacy. She said nothing, but he'd no doubt see the sudden flare of hostility as it reared up in her mind. She knew all that. She'd been using swords for years, Tally's mind projected one single thought.

Steel. Over and over again the word built up on itself like a callous, trying to blanket her mind, trying to keep him out. She wanted him no where near her brain or her thoughts, the very idea insulted her very being. The fact that she could literally do nothing to keep him out, other than feebly try to force him away, filled her with loathing.

But she was a sword, made of steel, so she shut her brain up and listened instead to the Judge.

"Becaussse I care for him. Asss much asss I am compelled to end hisss life, I do not wisssh for him to sssuffer unnecessssary hardssship. Thisss, Ssstevensss, isss avoidable.  "

"I underssstand your frussstration regarding Kev'sss consssciousss decisssion to enjoy my company. However, could not the sssame be sssaid of you? One of your employeesss isss, to be frank, on par with the likesss of myssself. The only difference, Ssstevensss, isss that they no longer actively ssseek their calling. Neverthelessss, their previousss line of work did not ssstop you from hiring them. By all meansss, you assssociating yourssself with thisss individual isss sssimilar to Kev'sss current posssition; it isss easssy to judge othersss firssst rather than ourssselvesss, yesss?"

"I am of courssse not trying to accusssse you of hypocrisssy or erroneous judgement. But I am hoping that you become more aware of the intricaciesss sssurrounding the partiesss involved. Kev isss a good perssson - thisss we can both agree on. Kev isss alssso a flawed perssson, much like ourssselvesss. Thisss too we can agree on. All I asssk, Ssstevensss, isss that you direct your ire where it isss rightly owed. I assssure you, there will be no hard feelingsss, ha ha."

Silence, as she stared into the dephs of the Judges helm, filled to the brim with horrors. But she knew horrors already, she'd known them in the depths of the ocean and in the dead eyes of the people she once knew. Fear might have ascended into something else, but he came from humanity the same as she did.

I am a sword.

Finally...

"You know there's no point in attempting to make me see something I'm already well aware of. The intricacies of morality and the parallels between Kev and myself I am very much know about. And if you're in my head, then you of all people should know exactly what my feelings about Zurg are, and about how I am aware of the flaws that exist in people."

She knew. Of course she knew, how could she not? Still though, there was one question unanswered.

"But why do you care about him?"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:06 pm

It was hard to violate something when it was broadcast right in the open. Hostility, loathing, a feeble attempt at a mental blockade... Ever so minute, Judge Fear shook his head at Stevens' unspoken language. "Sssteel... Bronze... Obsssidian... None of thessse thingsss are what make a ssssword ssstrong," he hissed. Stevens may be a swordswoman, but what was she beyond that? With the way she regarded the blade she might as well have been a novice, for what was a blade without soul...? What was any weapon, person, or thing without soul?

But, as fascinating as it was to discuss ideological concepts, that was ultimately not the reason why either of them were here, seated together on the same park bench, sharing the same moment in time and space.

"I know what you feel," Judge Fear answered, "but I alssso know what you sssaid. And what you sssaid doesss not accurately depict what you feel."

"I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding why you like a guy like him."

"I don't understand what you could possibly see in someone as horrible as Fear."

And yet she hired someone who was on par, if not worse, than the Dark Judge himself. "There isss a point," rasped the fiend, "and that point isss thussss, Ssstevensss: if you are aware, then why do you ssstruggle to underssstand? It isss the sssame principle both you and Kev ssshare; you both befriended lesssss-than-sssavoury persssonsss. However, only one of you isss harssshly judging the other'sss choice." As far as Judge Fear was aware, Kev had not made a motion to protest Stevens' decision in hiring the alien. In fact, both were still friends with the alien. "I can fathom your animosssity in regardsss to myssself. I am a Judge and my duty isss to guide the sssinful onto the path of righteoussssnesss. It isss a disssagreement between philosssophiesss. But what I cannot fathom isss why you continue to lambassste Kev. He isss not the one going around purging people, nor were you resssponsssible for your employee'sss previousss actionsss. Imagine, if you will, thisss, Ssstevensss: ssshould there have been anyone to protessst your decisssion in being the alien'sss friend, would you have ssstood by your choice or would you have given in? Passst or presssent, a murderer isss a murderer. The only difference isss, you believe that I have no redeeming qualitiesss; funny, given how it took one perssson'sss faith to transssform an otherwissse evil man."

Judge Fear wasn't a miracle worker, but he paid attention. Visiting the mechanic's business during the very beginning of his emergence on Portal Breach had proven worthwhile, if not a pinch... irritating.

"But why do you care about him?"

Alas...

The ghoul yet again retrieved his pack of smokes, inserting a second cigarette between his helmet's grating. "I thought it wasss rather obviousss," he stated, lighting it up. "You know why, Ssstevensss. I know you do. And sssince you know, I reckon you realize why I am currently here, ssspeaking with you. It isss not for me, it isss for him. Kev doesssn't dessserve the heartache - you know it, I know it. Sssomeone with a bright sssoul like hisss doesssn't dessserve to be torn between hardened wretchesss like ourssselvesss, do you underssstand?" If she insisted on him answering her question, Judge Fear would relinquish what she desired. However, would it truly ease her concerns? Decisions, decisions...
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:37 pm

"Funny," was all she had to say to that as the Judge repeated things she already knew like she was stupid. Either her own thoughts were too obtuse for the Judge to grasp, or he couldn't see deep enough in her. She was a sword, pointing at her enemy, sharp and made of steel and unbending, and she was also the sword wielder. She wielded herself, would make herself into whatever weapons she needed to be in order to do what she felt she had to do.

Perhaps the Judge couldn't see that, or perhaps he regarded her own philosophy as simple hogwash. It was not her place to know his thoughts, she did not have the ability to read minds after all. Nor did she care if he thought her a fool.

"What happens between me and Kev happens between me and Kev, we'll work that issue out between us. And what happened between me and Zurg happened betwen me and Zurg. But I don't want to talk about this with you Fear, I didn't come here to talk about this with you. THAT. Was between her and Kev, she didn't need Fear being "unable to fathom" anything in regards to what the two had spoken about, because it happened between the two of them. "And I'll tell you the same thing I told Kev, the day you stop trying to kill us all is the day I'll stop trying to kill you." But while Fear moved with the purpose of being a Judge, of eradicating all life on Portal Breach, Tally would not stop.

Make no mistake though she wasn't blind to her own zealousness, but how could she possibly stop when, even after having both livewire and Kev care about him, Fear was still going to kill them all.

"I thought it wasss rather obviousss. You know why, Ssstevensss. I know you do. And sssince you know, I reckon you realize why I am currently here, ssspeaking with you. It isss not for me, it isss for him. Kev doesssn't dessserve the heartache - you know it, I know it. Sssomeone with a bright sssoul like hisss doesssn't dessserve to be torn between hardened wretchesss like ourssselvesss, do you underssstand?

Tally sighed, it faded out into the air like a death rattle as she stood up. It was obvious. That piece of the puzzle really did just want to fall into place but her brain....it had yet to accept such a concept. "If we're done here I'm leaving, not because I think what you're saying is bullshit, but because being around you makes me angry. You existing,  makes me angry. " And she needed to be a sword, she needed to be cool and made of steel and sharp. And she needed to be able to wield herself smartly and efficiently. "I can't be angry if I'm going to talk to Kev, I am trying, desperately to understand Kev, and now because of you I think I do understand him a bit more, so I suppose thanks for that...

She wanted to make things right with Kev, but that meant being able to keep a cool head and actually look at the situation calmly, not go off the handles and get emotional like before. Fear had helped fill in some spaces about that, but everything else about him just filled her with rage. To stay any longer in his presence, after this crazy week, would probably just end up proving detrimental to both of their goals.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Except it wasn't funny.

Just as it wasn't funny how things were more complicated than they needed to be. Judge Fear was no stranger to rising tempers; he effortlessly bid Stevens' frustration aside and maintained his usual leveled composure. "Kev and I ssshare a mental bond," he pressed calmly. "What happensss between you and him alssso concernsss me, and what happened between you two wasss enough for me to act. Asss the other half to our connection, I do have a ssstake in - "

"And I'll tell you the same thing I told Kev, the day you stop trying to kill us all is the day I'll stop trying to kill you."

"...Ha ha!" And, for the first time during their conversation, Judge Fear openly laughed. He threw back his head and slapped his knee at the florist's words. "Ssstevensss!" the fiend hissed, sounding all smiles. "I do not mind if you wissssh to kill me! That isss not why I am here! I am here becaussse you were far too critical of Kev when you yourssself committed the sssame sssinsss. I am here not becaussse I want you to ssstop pessstering me, but becaussse I would like for you to ssstop pessstering him. I thought that wasss apparent?" Well, now it ought to be, just like it ought to be apparent that Kev and the Dark Judge were something beyond mere acquaintances. "I exissst along with everything elssse," he remarked, gesturing to the world around them. "Whereasss I do not enjoy my current predicament on a planet ssso ripe with life, I am accepting of my fate. It doesssn't make me angry; it makesss me... contemplative." And at times incredibly frustrated, but... what can you do except adapt?

However, things were reaching their end. The fiend rose in tandem with the florist, Judge Fear knowing when a ship was about to sail. "You are welcome," he answered. Leathery hands wiped himself free of ash, two cigarettes still smouldering. "I know we do not sssee eye-to-eye, but I do hope thisss chat enlightened you. Even if you hate my eternal gutsss, I do not hate yoursss. Hate, I feel, isss a ssselfisssh emotion; it blindsss and robsss usss of reassson. Anger isss itsss more raucousss child." Another puff, another savoury taste imagined entirely in his abyssal melon.

"You are zealoussss; that isss a quality I can admire. But you wield it asss clumsssily asss you do anger. For sssome reasssson you think being the sssword and the wielder will sssolve your troublesss, but what if I told you that... the greatessst warrior isss the one who never hasss to draw their blade?" Will this be lost on her? Will she be too angry enough to give these words thought, considering who gave them? Maybe, maybe... But, as with many things, Judge Fear was capable of moving beyond ephemeral quandaries. His goal today was to express his displeasure with Stevens' handling of Kev and for her to give the alien more consideration. Had the ghoul succeeded? It remained to be seen, but either way... the Dark Judge kept to his end of the agreement, both personal and promised. He crushed the withering remains of his smokes and swallowed them, quietly munching away. "I am done if you are," the fiend remarked casually.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:56 pm

No, it really wasn't.

"Kev and I ssshare a mental bond. What happensss between you and him alssso concernsss me, and what happened between you two wasss enough for me to act. Asss the other half to our connection, I do have a ssstake in - "

Tally got ready for him to launch into another long talk, but was instead taken by surprise when her words made him laugh.

"I do not mind if you wissssh to kill me! That isss not why I am here! I am here becaussse you were far too critical of Kev when you yourssself committed the sssame sssinsss. I am here not becaussse I want you to ssstop pessstering me, but becaussse I would like for you to ssstop pessstering him. I thought that wasss apparent?"

"It was." Judge Fear spoke of how it only took the faith of one person to change Zurg, but for all the faith that Kev had in him Tally saw no change in Fear's desire to stop trying to kill them all. THAT was what she had been speaking of when she said it. Fear might bring up Zurg's case as proof that he could change, but until Tally saw him change she wasn't going to believe it.

But they were coming to an end now, they could both feel it, but before she was allowed to leave Fear chose to impart so sage wisdom onto her.  

"You are zealoussss; that isss a quality I can admire. But you wield it asss clumsssily asss you do anger. For sssome reasssson you think being the sssword and the wielder will sssolve your troublesss, but what if I told you that... the greatessst warrior isss the one who never hasss to draw their blade?"

She said nothing, it was annoying how Fear could be correct, more than that it could be down right infuriating. "I'm done." There was a lot to think about, a lot for her to process, and she needed to do it away from Fear. She'd have to go over so much before she could move on and talk to kev again...

Tally turned and walked away, leaving Fear in the park, ducks quacking in the background.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:33 pm

But would Stevens see change if her vision was so clouded by anger?

It was tempting. Oh was it tempting to prove the florist wrong - to poke and prod at her illogical, biased reasoning. Doing so would curry no favours, however, and Judge Fear was capable of showing restraint. This meeting was for Kev's behalf, not for some late afternoon duel of wits. He rigidly nodded and watched Stevens make her seething departure. "Sssee you around, Ssstevensss, sssee you around," he hissed. Because the fiend was here to stay... here to entrench himself real deep into the community and make his presence known. It may take one day at a time, perhaps several years, but the message will nonetheless be the same: Judge Fear wasn't going anywhere. That in and of itself was far more infuriating than any verbal confrontation.

Satisfied and having no further business in the park, the Dark Judge was ready to hop back on his beat in the Outer District. Time to go bump a few sinners off, he supposed. The homeless population was undoubtedly growing careless. Knuckles loudly cracked at the thought and Judge Fear took his leave, all the malaise and gloom traveling with him.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 am