Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Soak and a Smoke

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:22 am

"Augh, Kev - you're getting sssappy..." And you know what that does to him.

But the ghoul didn't mind. As much as he loved running his fingers through a sinner's heart and tearing the putrid life force from their wicked soul, getting all this attention from Kev was just what the doctor ordered. Ol' Mary Jane was a close second. "Ahhh..." A sigh of relief escaped Fear's lips, assuming he could be bothered to actually find them. "I like it when you hold me and treat me asss if I'm the mossst ssspecial Britbong bassstard in all the world," he rasped happily, clearly under the influence. "It'sss nice to finally get sssome appreciation, and I knew you were hurting for a little tassste after your moment of tensssion back in the basssement." Grass or not, though, his words were nevertheless sincere. If his guypal ached, so did he. Fear coughed once and the air surrounding them began to quickly develop into a thick, overwhelmingly aromatic haze. Inhale that kush, Kev, because you couldn't just get this stuff from a lowlife thug! This was quality, lad. "And we did try, didn't we?" asked the fiend. It was of course rhetorical - Kev need not answer. "We tried all the tricksss we knew and he ssstill didn't bite. Man... my brother isss sssuch a hard sssell."

That's Judge Mortis for you, however. You don't get to be one of four Dark Judges by being a naive little lamb. It takes cunning, ambition! And, naturally, a brutal enthusiasm for culling the endless sinful masses. Fear openly scoffed, taking another hit, "He'sss a right dick, I tell you what. I try to engage in a sssincere ghoul-to-ghoul chat and what doesss he do? Blow me off, that'sss what he doesss! I mean, who do I look like - Jesssusss Chrissst? Puh!"

If Fear could turn water into wine, he wouldn't have been a Judge in the first place. Actually... he'd probably be a thousand ways deader than a doornail.

"Alright... I won't hold any grudges..."

"That'sss a good lad," he nodded, sluggishly gesturing his approval. Patting Kev on the back was also no easy accomplishment, but Fear managed. "Be the bigger, better perssson. He'll only kick your ssscaly assss ssseven wayssss to Sssunday, and then I'll never hear the end of it from either ssside. Believe me, Kev - my brother can be a dirty fighter, hu hu..." Did... Did ya catch that pun? It was pretty great, right? Fear thought so, as evidenced by the ghoul's lethargic chuckling. "Ha ha, dirty fighter... I wisssh it wasss posssible to kill myssself a sssecond time. Maybe if I could, I'd actually get a ussseful ability and not sssome wretched double-edged sssword that requiresss me to wear a godforsssaken bucket at all hoursss of the goddamn clock." A little bitter, just a pinch. Kill sinners by gazing at them... That was probably Nausea's idea, the disgusting old hag. Never trust a sewer witch...

And this wasn't tobacco but you'll learn soon enough, Kev. You'll probably learn in the next handful of seconds... Fear never got around to explaining what happens when a powerful psychic samples recreational drugs, now, did he? Golly, aren't you in for a surprise...
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

"Mm, fitting for a tree savage, no?~" Kev teased, bumping his head against the corpse. Like true sap, it seemed to stick onto Fear and swallow him up, leaving behind a sappy little guypal in its wake. Kev's chest thrummed with a steady trill, soothingly as he pressed himself close and enveloped Fear in his comforter. With the ghoul capeless, he needed to be kept warm with Kev's blanket. Let's just ignore the part where Fear couldn't even feel the chill in the air... "Mm~" If Kev could glow, he'd be a beam of light in the dark backyard, soaking up the affection and feeling...great. Even better than the bath had made him feel. Fear wanted him.  Wanted to be held. His arms squeezed in response. "Well to me, you are the most special Britbong bastard in all the world!" Kev chirruped, gazing up at Fear happily. Strange...sappiness or no, Fear seemed a little...brighter. Happier. ...Mellow? His eyes narrowed thoughtfully, pondering. It was definitely a step above the unhappiness, but it seemed to be so...sudden. Hmm... Shrugging lightly to himself, he patted Fear's side dotingly. "Yeah I was... I feel better now though, and I hope you do, too." The tense moment had come and gone, passing like most bad things did.

"That's how some people are, I'm afraid! Maybe with time..." Though even trying to give Mortis the benefit of the doubt, Kev shook his head lowly. As of now, it was...unclear if Mortis would ever come around. The end of the comforter was bundled up around Fear more tightly as he responded "I'm sorry he blew you off like that... You two didn't get to have a heart-to-heart, but at least you got things off of your chest with him." Mortis may not have responded back to Fear, but Fear got to say what he was feeling and get things out regarding his brother. Fear's little joke seemed to get to him, as Fear's smoke began to cycle into Kev's lungs with every breath. The alien giggled to himself, relaxing against him lazily as the thick smell began to linger in his nostrils. "Hehe, if you are Jesus, does that make me Mary Magdelene?~ Kekeke...!" The alien began to snort, quite elegantly at that. He sounded like a real porker!

"I'm always a good boy~!" Kev cooed, squinting his eyes up at Fear and rubbing his back against the ghoul's large hand. "MMmm~!" The scaly alien rumbled his approval, both hands kneading and working against Fear's taut skin. "I won't ever fight him Fear, never ever~! It'd just hurt you, if I did. No matter how angry he might make me, I won't raise a hand to him." Kev promised with a glassy look in his eyes, laughing along with Fear even though he barely caught the pun. "Eheheheee..." The laugh ended with a slight huff, resting his chin against Fear. "Ha...no, I wouldn't stand a chance with him..." ...Now what's this about dying a second time? He blinked up at Fear, a bit more clarity in his eyes. "W-well...well...at least you got cool shadow powers! S'way better than...rotting stuff! You can...you can move in the shadows...become a giant birdy. You're great the way you are, Micurren!" The alien boasted, a finger reaching up to poke between Fear's glowing eye holes with every use of the word 'you'. Just in case either of them were unsure who 'you' was supposed to be.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:54 am

Fear was definitely feeling mellow; and, if he were alive and well, probably hungry.

Eh... eh. Things weren't so bad, were they? Alright, so he lost his badge and his brother was off doing whatever he pleased. Even without his full garb of office and the one thing that had kept him grounded throughout all of his existence, the ghoul had plenty to be grateful for. He wasn't in a damn crystal, for one. He also hadn't managed to get his helmet punched through as if it was soggy cardboard. So, two great things! There was also Kev, Livewire, Miss Kitty and Mister Rabbit, and... oh, alright, he'll throw in Kock Out for good measure. Everyone needed a punching bag, you know? Speaking of talking automobiles, Fear hoped K.A.R.R. was doing well for himself... He hadn't seen the Sass-Master 9000 in a good while.

"Oh, I feel much better. Thank you for asssking, but you needn't worry yourssself." Ahh... to be Kev's most special Britbong bastard in all the world. Fear should feel an overwhelming happiness, and he did, yet... "Mm, I did get thingsss off my chessst, but at what cossst?" Fear asked. It was expected that Kev wouldn't know how to answer, let alone fully understand the basis of Fear's reasoning. Judge Mortis was his brother, his comrade for all these endless years... Was it really fair to say that Judge Mortis deserved everything that had come his way, or to outright let his fellow administrator of the law suffer as he did? The cost was an underlying guilt that Fear could not shake, for he knew that things were seldom black and white. "My brother isss... sssuffering, I think; at being alone, at my decisssionsss, and not being able to adequately do what he lovesss the mossst. Asss much asss he isss at fault for ssseveral of lassst year'sss ssshortcomingsss, he isss neverthelesssss a victim of circumssstance. We ssshould not regard him in contempt." Judge Mortis should be held accountable, yes. But never should the fiend be seen as the sole offender.

Guess Kev's liberal views had seeped into Fear and taken root.

"Hehe, if you are Jesus, does that make me Mary Magdelene?~ Kekeke...!"

How the...

The alien earned an unfocused glance at the above and the 'good boy' comment. "You're only good until the handcuffsss come out," Fear snorted. Looks like someone had finally succumbed to the contact high and his name started with 'T' for tree savage. As if all the poking wasn't evident enough, oi...

A rotten hand calmly lowered the alien's finger, Fear's questionable smoke nearly burnt to a smouldering cinder. "Alright, methinksss it isss time for a certain sssomeone to hit the sssack," he rasped. Kev really shouldn't be outside for too long in the cold wintry air. "And umbrakinesssisss hasss itsss usssesss, yesss; but rotting thingsss hasss proven far, far more beneficial. Trussst me on thisss one, Kev." The only thing more useful was a wave of searing hot fire and a feisty temper to match. And, you know, being the leader figure so you didn't have to be fodder during every single enemy confrontation.

"You ready to go back inssside, Kev? You look posssitively blitzed, ha ha." Could an alien who fed off photosynthesis even get the late night munchies?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Fear was feeling better! Much better! The alien seemed to beam, feeling some degree of satisfaction and success in this fact. Knowing now that Fear was feeling better...oh, it felt nice. Like a soothing balm applied to a wound. Kev trilled his approval, scaly skull rubbing up against Fear's shoulder. "Aaw, but it's my job to worry! If I didn't worry about your feelings, I'd be an awful boyfriend..." Particularly since the corpse himself seemed to confirm that, though he felt better, he wasn't a hundred percent yet. At what cost, indeed...  Severing a bond long held, a relationship that had been treasured and now... Now both parties were hurt. Kev eyed his lover carefully, a degree more sober as he spoke up. "You were suffering, too. For the past month...for a lot of this year... I don't hold him in contempt, but I don't want you to suffer like that anymore..." Especially not at the talons of a beloved brother, whether he meant to do it or not. More than anything, the Kryptonistanian was not angry with Mortis...rather, he was disappointed and irritated. However, at least Fear now had Kev to make him feel better, as well as Livewire, and Lunette! Fear had people to depend on for support. Mortis though... Kev huffed through his nostrils, stare becoming a little glassy. "I just want you to be happy..." And Fear had been happy to have his brother, before all of this had happened. Was there not a way for him to have a brother and a boyfriend...? His hands continued to press and knead against the ghoul, as if keeping his hands busy would keep such thoughts at bay.

The unfocused glance met a pair of twinkling, mischievous blue orbs. The mirth only intensified at Fear's comment. "Huhuhu...!~" His shoulder nudged against Fear lightly, snickers sounding a bit wheezy as he breathed in more smoke, and a little 'Eau de Corpse' to go along with it. "I like the handcuffs...~" Kev confirmed with a spacy tone, no shame in admitting such. It was good that Fear had decided to grab Kev's hand and move it, because the alien was about to bat the ghoul's helm like a cat with string. His fingers flexed lightly as the hand was moved, before reaching out to grasp the rotten hand and give it an affirming squeeze. So nice. So kind. So stable. Kev giggled to himself, even as Fear suggested he go to bed. "But I'm not tired!" Though his head felt as if it had been stuffed with cotton... Cotton candy, more like! So fuzzy, and it was hard to keep track of certain details. For instance, the scaly alien had completely forgotten that the two of them were cuddling in the backyard during winter. "I like your powers, but okay..." Don't expect a fight on that one, not while he had a contact high.

Go inside...? Kev perked his head back up, cocking it to the side as he gave Fear a nice, long blink. Were they not inside...? The sudden feeling of grass rubbing against his hands, of rough bark and a winter breeze, it all brushed against his scales and elicited a small shiver. Paradoxically, he drew himself closer to Fear, who wasn't the warmest guy around. "Ooh..." Right, right. They were outside. "Okay, we can go inside...but I'm not going to bed til I know for sure you're gonna be okay." One hand cusped the metal cheek of Fear's helm, rubbing it as if it were a human cheek. A pale one, with a dust of freckles across it and perhaps a scar or two here and there. His hand moved to the back of Fear's helm, imagining himself brushing feathery red hair. The metal was cool to the touch, and much smoother than hair, though Kev didn't seem to mind either way. "Mm... I don't wanna leave you alone, Kelsey..." The alien murmured softly, as if whispering a secret.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:04 pm

"I just want you to be happy..."

Sometimes, Kev... a person wasn't meant to be happy, no matter how hard they tried. Sometimes, they were born to fulfill a role and follow it to the grave. Or, in Fear's case, follow it until the end of time. Such were the dangers of making eternal pacts without realizing their weighty consequences. "The sssuffering isss owed," the fiend rasped calmly. "We are taught that for every action there isss a reaction; ssso isss it true with free will and dessstiny. I am grateful for your kindnessss, but pleasssse... I have asss much culpability asss my brother in thisss." Thus, Fear was to accept his blame without objection and shoulder the burden for the rest of his waking days.

It was the proper thing to do.

It was the judicial thing to do.

"Oh you will be tired very sssoon," he rasped, knowing. Probably within the next thirty minutes, as Kev didn't have any built tolerance. "And I will be okay, yesss. What happened on thisss night will eventually join all the othersss that have passssed me by." Like the coming of the seasons and the rising and setting of the sun. One didn't keep their sanity for long if they couldn't move ever forward in tandem with eternity. "Everything fadesss, everything endsss..." quietly muttered the fiend. And so too was this true for memories and interpersonal bonds. He'll just have to let things go, and - "Huh...? Who'sss that? Isss there sssomeone elssse I am not aware of?" Kev-Mak-Tarr, you have exactly three seconds to explain who this fellow was, or else you're going to be in a world of pain and suffering! Red hair and soft skin... That definitely wasn't hi - "...Oh." Or, you know, it was. Never mind, never mind! Fear chuckled and held up his grotesque hands, waving them apologetically. "Sssorry, sssorry. I forget sssometimesss..." So sue him, yeah? Things kinda got fuzzy after the first decade with undeath...

Taking this as a sign to not savour his second blunt, Fear stowed it away for a later date and properly disposed of the one between Schrodinger's teeth, munching away to destroy and all evidence. A former Judge enjoying drugs for recreational use? Oh no, not him, Your Honour. "C'mon!" the ghoul urged, shakily rising. Blimey, it was even harder maneuvering a rotten cadaver while under the influence! He leaned one of his forearm against the oak tree and retained balance, reaching down to assist Kev back on his jelly-like feet.

"That'sss enough fresssh air for you," he said. "Any longer and you will be a Kevsssicle. Why don't you head back inssside while I prepare a lovely pot of tea? There'sss nothing more sssoothing than a lovely pot of tea on a cold winter'sss night."

And don't you think to argue, Kev, because Fear was going to have none of it.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Owed... The suffering was owed, a simple exchange. "Mm..." Just like before, this simple act of...falling in love with a Dark Judge hurt somebody else in the process. Funny, how things happen like that. Kev had helped show Fear another way, but this new path carried him away from his brother more and more until... Until tonight. Kev couldn't have predicted it, but... It was also inevitable. Fear had changed over the past year, and while Kev enjoyed the changes, Mortis likely didn't. Every step towards freedom, was a step further from Mortis. The alien huffed, nestling his face into Fear's leathers stubbornly as he insisted, "Well, I think you've already paid your dues...you've suffered enough to fill your quota." But he could not argue about Fear's culpability, anymore than he could argue his own. When Fear got it in his head that he was responsible and deserved to suffer, it was hard to convince him otherwise. Even for Kev. So the alien begrudging held onto his guypal, hand stroking Fear's chest and wishing he could stroke away their troubles as easy as he could stroke the smooth leather.

Fear, ever so intuitive and understanding, insisted that Kev would be tired soon. Quite soon, in fact. Admittedly, a good bath was usually enough to send him into a sleepy daze. Mortis' visit and the emotions it stirred up after had shocked him into a full wakefulness, a shock that was ebbing with every puff of the cigarette and every touch from Fear. Still, the scaly alien shook his head stubbornly. "Noooo...I'm wide awaaaake..." He protested, even as his lids drooped, threatening to close completely. He briefly stretched his arms out, rolling his wrists about and making several sleepy groans. "Mmm, good, good... Impermanence..." Even half asleep and a bit high, Kev could remember the concept, the word Fear had taught to him. "In time it'll heal, and I'll be here the whole time..." Kev promised softly, hugging onto the corpse and nearly missing his confusion. "Mm...?" Large blue eyes blinked up at Fear blankly, staring at him and not entirely seeing the corpse or his helm. Tick...tick...tick... "Huh...?" Who else could Kelsey be? Soon, the corpse realized his mistake, and it made Kev realize where Fear had gotten confused. He chuckled, and reached a hand out to grab one of Fear's waving, apologetic ones. His fingers laced with the longer ones that belonged to Fear, gripping his large hand snugly. "Ha ha, I forgot too! Kelsey, Fear, Kikiri, Micurren... I got too many names for you, gets all...confusing."

Truthfully, Kev could have stayed out there underneath that tree, snuggled up to Fear underneath his favorite comforter. 'Course, the alien would probably die of exposure from doing so, but he still could do it. It was comfortable out here, and he really didn't want to move... Alas, marijuana or no, Fear was a responsible man. The tall corpse rose to his feet, though with no small amount of shaking, and when a hand was offered for Kev to grasp, he took it and pulled himself up with a small whine. "Myaah..." Oh, he had just gotten comfortable! Now he was standing on his feet, rather numb and jiggly. "Mm...!" The lean alien stretched his body to limber it up. He pulled his comforter up and shook it free of any debris, primarily dirt and leaves. He draped it around his neck like a thick stole. "M'kay sir, ye'sir. You know best..." Kev turned on his heel to face the house, squinting at it. Tea did sound pretty good right now... "Okay...see you inside Kikiri!" He reached an arm around to give him a one arm hug, giving the corpse a little squeeze. "Rrr...~"

Alas, it was time to head in! With stiff legs, the alien hobbled back into the house, making his way onto the porch and through the french doors, leaving them open in his wake for Fear. Scraping his slippers on the rug as he came in, he stumbled towards the kitchen and slid himself up onto the bar area that separated the kitchen and the family room. Remarkably, he only had a little trouble getting onto it. Finally seated, he rested his elbows upon the dark marbled counter and patiently waited. His large eyes were now squinted in pleasure, feet idly swinging as they dangled from the stool. Tea to go with a smoke, how nice!

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Alas, Kev, alas... You were, in many ways, still a sinner. By now, it was expected of the alien to not comprehend Fear's views in their entirety; ergo, he wisely refrained from creating any unwanted discussions or arguments pertaining to their dissimilar views. For tonight, at least. Tomorrow was always another opportunity for heated discourse. "You are not wide awake, Kev. In fact, your eyelidsss are heavy and you want to nessstle into a nice, warm bed." Every reverberating word was a siren's song to the alien's ears, the ghoul working his otherworldly machinations. Oh how tired you must, be Kev... Oh how cold and sluggish. Surely you desired to go back inside with a nice cup of hot tea in your hands, eager to lapse into a relaxing slumber?

Planting a mental suggestion was as easy as 1-2-3. It also, thankfully, worked.

Recreational drugs affected Kev to a textbook 'T'; off he went, stumbling across the lawn, and returned to where ectothermic creatures wouldn't freeze their bollocks off in the crisp wintry night. What a strange existence that must be... Fear's thoughts drifted elsewhere, however.

To his brother...

To the future...

To his place in the world...

A lot of things had... changed, some for better and some for worse. The coming eons ahead were uncharted and therefore frightening. Would his relationship with Mortis find lasting closure? Would old wounds heal and no longer influence events unforeseen? Was there even a future to hope for, or a world that would remain for countless millennia to come? All of these questions rattled with the fiend's head as he tried to make sense of this frustrating continuance; of the many answers that would forever be beyond his clumsy grasp. Empathy, puh... Precognition was a much better use of his supernatural resources! Well, whatever happened... be it tomorrow or a hundred years down the line... Fear was ready to confront and overcome the troubles that may and will be. He could do nothing else. Nothing but wait and continue to be a stranger looking inward as life gradually resumed at its slow, unhurried pace. Ah, but that was enough reflection for one somber night.

He dusted himself free of smouldering ash, pausing to remove a curious moth, and headed back inside. There was a pot of tea to make, and one mustn't be late in making their tea.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 am