Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Going Bareboned

Post by Njorth on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 am

DATE: JANUARY 17TH, 2016
    TIME: APPROX. 6:00 PM

It was a cold one out today, a perfect day to sit by the radiator and read a nice book. It was the weekend, too, so there were no customers to worry about. But then again, even if Njorth had customers today, he would have closed up shop about an hour ago. So, that being said, there was nobody around to bother the alchemist right now. You know, unless someone was just that desperate to get into the shop. But hopefully that wouldn't be happening tonight.

As the Nord read his book, though, a thought occurred to him. He remembered how apprehensive he had been to a certain skeleton when they had first met. Njorth frowned at the memory. Truly he felt awful for it, despite the many apologies. Sans seemed to be reasonable enough. Hell, he was even pretty funny. In his opinion, at least. There were equally as many disapproving groans in the room in response to the puns, but that just made them even funnier.

"Hm..."

Njorth recalled how certain citizens of the Breach had a tendency to change. They would transform and be back to their normal selves in a week. It would seem that the resident Portal Deity was usually more than happy to oblige their requests for a week of fun. Now that was an idea! A bit unorthodox, but still an idea! The alchemist stood up, put down his book, and uttered the name:

"X."
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Re: Going Bareboned

Post by Portal-X on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:13 pm

My! His name was starting to become a regular around these parts.

True to his ever fantastic nature, Portal-X arrived to the alchemist's little shop with an air of style. Don't put down that book just yet, my friend, because the fun was about to start! With a noisy clatter Njorth's tome flopped to the floor and splayed wide open, pages flipping with all the rage and gusto of a storm. Three... two...! POP! And out from the pages hopped the god of all gods (not really), dressed in his finest suit and his shoes all nice and polished. One must look their best when summoned, you know!

"Salutations!" he greeted, tipping an invisible top hat. "I take it you must be Njorth, yes? Splendid, splendid. A pleasure to meet you, my good sir! To what do I owe the pleasure of this fine encounter?" Hopefully it wasn't for something outrageous like a philosopher's stone... Portal-X drank plenty of water, thank you!
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:10 pm

"Gah!"

The alchemist jumped, startled as his book literally flew out of his now shaking hands. The pages flipped rapidly, almost as if being blown by the wind. As quickly as the book had first fallen to the floor, what Njorth could only assume was Portal X hopped right out of the pages. Such a creative and fanciful entrance! Really, should the Nord have expected anything less from a god?

"Yes, I'm Njorth," he responded. "And you must be Portal X. I'm glad you're here."

Where to start, where to start?..

"I have a rather unorthodox request to ask of you," the scruffy alchemist began. "I had an idea. You know the two skeleton brothers here, Sans and Papyrus? Well, I was wondering.. Could you make me like them for a week? Make me a skeleton? I've heard that you've done things like this for others. Can you do this for me?"
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:49 pm

"I have a rather unorthodox request to ask of you."

"Don't we all?" teased the deity.

True to the alchemist's statement above, turning into a walking, talking assortment of bare bones was fairly unorthodox. Citizens usually requested a species change or to have organic flesh, but never the other way around. How curious, how curious... What made Njorth, of all people, wish to hop right out of his skin and ditch it? "Oh yes, I am quite familiar about my citizens," Portal-X affirmed. Though he hadn't met either of the skeleton brothers in the flesh (ho ho), the god of Gamma-X didn't have to. That was one of the perks about being a god, no? "I can also grant your request and see to it immediately. But first..." Portal-X displayed an infinitesimally small portion of his divine power by levitating in the air, reclining on an invisible chair or something comfy like that. No one knew, because it was invisible!

"How come you want to be a skeleton?" he asked, inquisitive. "You do know they cannot feel, yes? They cannot eat, drink, taste, smell, etc. Sounds awfully unappetizing, I would think..." What did Njorth know that Portal-X did not?
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Njorth stroked his beard, thinking to himself. Truly, the portal deity did bring up a good question. To many, the idea of being nothing more than a skeleton would probably be rather unappetizing. They lacked almost all of the five senses. All that they seemed to have in that regard was the ability to see and hear. They also had no need to eat, sleep, etcetera.. Oh, but wait! The alchemist's face lit up at the realization.

"Wouldn't that leave me more time for my craft?" he asked. "I sleep every night. I eat throughout the day. Having no need to do any of those things would give me so much more time to devote to my potions and my shop. Not to mention, I wouldn't have any hair on me to catch fire should anything blow up in my face."

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:45 pm