Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: It Came From Beneath the Sea!

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:30 am

That's Fear, alright! Expect the unexpected with him, along with a few loose screws in the soggy noggin.

Anyway... it was rather odd how everyone was on edge, eh wot? As lawfully evil as he was (and a pinch lawfully stupid), Fear wasn't entirely thick in the skull. The undead sensed something in the air, and it was something that set his psychic peripherals on edge. Between Molly's bark and Kev's and Sans' hesitation, Fear was slowly beginning to put two-and-two together. "...Oh, are you lot worried about lil' ol' me?" he asked, finally up to speed. Epiphanies were slower in the grave, but boy! When they hit, they hit with the force of an eighteen-wheeler to the sinuses. The chill retreated from their local vicinity and the unseen pressure that smothered the area lightened up. Whatever had just happened, one thing became perfectly, crystal clear: Kev was the only thing keeping an otherwise murderous, extremely powerful undead superfriend in check.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, friends, because your lives were held in the balance by a mouthless alien's scaly hands. Go figure, huh? Suspicious and wounded pride aside, the ghoul took a longer moment to respond; he was probably trying to remember how social gatherings go. You know, things a genocidal cadaver wouldn't readily know on-hand. Let's see... how did it go in one of those self-help books? Oh right, they usually began with an -

"Sss... it wasss an obssservation, not a potssshot remark, lassss. If I wanted to gut you like a fisssh and leave your entrailsss for the ssseagullsss in the afternoon sssun, I would have already done ssso." Eh... as one could see, Fear was rather crummy with self-help advice. It didn't help that the poor sod could hardly read, given that his current host was plagued by cataracts. Still, it was an honest attempt from a creature that had wiped out billions without so much as an ounce of remorse, and probably the closest to an apology the mer-lass was getting. Heavy chains rattled and clinked, the ghoul shifting his body posture to something less... threatening. A hunch ought to suffice. "Hnngh... Kev, I wasss not really offended. It isss alright," he rasped. Now things were just plain awkward, and Fear positively loathed awkward. It wasn't even the good kind of awkward, either. It was the 'Fear is at it again, someone better distract him' kind of awkward. And things were even more awkward when Molly gestured about keeping her 'eye' on him! Good grief, Fear could barely take it anymore, let alone understand the mer-lass' expression. "...?"

Empathy, oi!

And it was that very same empathy keeping Fear's metal trap shut, the undead letting Sans masterfully defuse the situation and show just how personable he was. What a friendly little skeleton-kid! See, there was a reason Fear liked him (though he secretly was more fond of Papyrus). If anyone knew how to disarm an altercation and make puns while doing so, it was Sans. And if anyone could make Fear feel guilty for misbehaving, that would be Kev. Yeah, he was just going to... keep mum and mind his manners.

"Aye, he's... different alright. Suggest ye keep 'em on a tighter leash next time."
    "Fear and I are equals. There is no leash. I'm sorry for the confusion."

...Nope! This was worthy of a comment.

Fear looked between Kev and Molly once. Then twice. And on the third time he hissed, staring at the mer-lass with those great big blazing eyes of his, "...There'sss totally a leasssh, hu hu." Why do you think he wore this thick iron collar? Why do you think he kept these hefty chains around his waist and chest? Yes, because Fear totally needed his daily walks and social interaction with outside life. Just don't ask him to do any tricks, because the only trick he knew was 'kill'. And 'provoke', apparently.
    Black Molly
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Black Molly on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Molly took a deep breath and exhaled through her teeth, a near-imperceptible hissing filling the air. It was a very rare occasion when she realized that she'd crossed a line, but this just happened to be one of them. She hadn't meant to offend anybody except Fear with that "leash" comment, but apparently Kev took it very personally. She wasn't exactly sure why, but there were a lot of things about the situation she didn't know. Like why the two of them were even together in the first place. She seriously couldn't fathom why somebody that soft and mild-mannered would be anywhere near... that.

Whatever it was, she didn't apologize. She felt bad, sure, but not bad enough to say sorry.

Advice, though. Right. She'd almost forgotten that there was something to this conversation other than just looking for reasons to get mad. Apparently her attempt at humor hadn't taken, but that was fine. Wasn't exactly her A material, anyway. The news of a city wasn't a big surprise, but it was comforting. A city meant people, lots of them, and that usually meant adventure in Molly's experience. Not that this wasn't already an adventure, in a sense. Free food and shelter were even better, especially after Sans' little prank. She still had to fight to keep her eye off the lone hot dog bobbing in the carboy.

"Ah, don't worry, Kev ol' boy. Careful's me middle name!" Actually it was Samantha, but her point still stood. "'Sides, whatever's out there, ye better believe I can take it! They didn't crown me Pirate Princess fer nothin', yknow." She continued, casually waving off his warning. She didn't know where these people'd come from that they didn't recognize the name Black Molly, but she was most definitely a pretty big deal. You didn't save the world twice in a row without some kind of reputation. So confident was she that it actually took a minute for the real bad news to sink in.

See, I don't know where you come from, but you kinda can't go back.

Molly turned her head, almost owl-like, to stare Sans dead in the eyesockets. Then the rest of her body followed, and she slowly made her way towards the stand. Her posture wasn't so much menacing as it was legitimately confused, though her tone didn't do much to back that up. "Sorry, bucko, I don't think I heard ye quite right. 'Cause I'm pretty sure there was a 'can't go back' somewhere in there." She shook her head, trying not to think about it. There was no way. She wouldn't mind staying here for a little while, but the idea of never returning, never seeing her friends again, was too much to consider. There had to be a way out. There always was.

"Ye wanna go ahead an' run that by me again?"
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:18 pm

It sounded to Sans like both Fear and Kev needed to work something out between them, so he'd let them do that. He wasn't about to come between the two in their search for the middle-ground, he just hoped that their issue wouldn't sweep everyone else back up into the conflict. As much as he was sure Fear would enjoy that, Sans had no particular interest in fighting today. He already did his rounds on the treadmill, he was done. He also built this shack which, surprisingly (or maybe not so) didn't take very long to construct. Kev did do a good job of picking up where Sans left off, and with some more information, too. The free room and board at the Inn was very welcoming - he knew this because it welcomed him not very long ago, and he was still grateful for it.

Seemed like the merwoman needed a little more convincing though. And it was understandable because it definitely was a lot to soak in at once, especially when it came to something so heavy. Maybe he, a master of his words, could make things a little clearer. "Well... this place, it's not where you come from. It's a whole different world entirely. I dunno what happened to the world you came from, or any of our worlds. Some people say that they get destroyed but, how can anyone be sure, if no one can leave?" He shrugged, winking. He was good at that.

"But it's okay, your friends can still show up. I got here with my brother, so I know it's not super picky." Hopefully that would make her situation a tad clearer. It wasn't super easy to explain of course, how do you tell someone that their entire world (planet, galaxy, universe) no longer existed? He was still skeptical of that very fact however, ever searching for answers in his studies. But that would be for another time. Now, it was time for her to find her own answers.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:45 pm

Worried...? Hm...from a certain point of view, perhaps. Definitely worried about something. But, if the subject of worry was Fear literally snatching this fish person into his claws as they stood on the beach? Kev waved a hand lightly. "I trust lil' ole you." Kev reassured, and he really did! There was some hesitation however, but it had less to do with thinking Fear might go overboard...and more with not knowing Black Molly. Specifically, how the mer-woman would react to Fear's prodding. Even if Fear had no plans to kill her outright, Black Molly was a new person, on a new planet, being stared down by someone she didn't know who could be intimidating. Anybody would react rather...defensively to such a thing, and Kev wanted to smooth out any misunderstandings. The point must have gotten across though, because Fear backed down and quick. The chill became more natural, and it didn't feel quite so oppressive now. The heavy mental presence lessened, even though for Kev, Fear's presence was always there. Pleased, Kev squeezed the corpse's arm that was, at the moment, still in his grasp and he shot the man a proud look.

Even more proud, as Fear... Well, it wasn't an apology, not that he needed to apologize necessarily. Rather, it was an attempt at diplomacy, explaining that he had observed her being a fish, not trying to insult her and her kind. As well as the...scary yet 'helpful' explanation that if he wanted her dead, she'd be dead by now. A pleased ripple was sent out through the mental link, reaching over to the Judge and communicating more positive feelings in the wave of awkward. The ghoul was not yet completely satisfied though, having now taken on a little hunch. His chain dangling around him like lengths of robe. The awkward was obviously too much, especially coupled with Kev's apology. "Alright..." The alien relented softly, wisely backing off of the subject. As long as Fear wasn't insulted, that was what mattered!

Molly let out a hiss all her own, an uncomfortable one brought on by Kev's reaction. He avoided her gaze for the moment, as well as Fear's, content to just stare down at the sand, and the very bottom of Sans' shack. Though...of course Fear would comment, and of course it was to say THAT. A hand flew to Kev's face, muffling his nose behind a glove as he stifled a snicker. "Fear!" He protested, gaze lifted up and practically gawking at the corpse. He sounded amused rather than angry or insulted though, and he shook his head at his partner's tact. It helped to make the awkwardness fade, no longer feeling quite so guilty...honestly there was a leash, but they were also equal. The leash was more...something they both agreed on. The comparison to an owner pulling at the leash of a lumbering, slobbery dog made him uncomfortable. Even if maybe it was an apt comparison at times... Still, any discussion on that was to be had in private, and so the alien reached back out to take Fear's hand in his own.

Kev turned back to Molly with a raised brow. "Interesting name." Black Molly Careful...whatever her last name was. And a pirate princess at that? "You definitely sound like you can handle your own...but you might want to be especially careful. When we're brought here, we are weaker than we usually are. You gain back your former strength, and sometimes even more strength than you would have ever had, over time." Maybe Black Molly, pirate princess, had been a one mer-person army in her homeworld, but here she was weaker. It was an unfortunate consequence to being brought here, though Sans was tackling the other consequence... One that Black Molly took very hard. Kev piped down as she made her way to Sans' stand, looking him in the...eye socket. This was the worst part of meeting new people, having to tell them they were stuck here, and Kev wasn't looking forward to how Molly may react.

But he also couldn't let Sans shoulder all of that on his own. Sans himself was rather new, and no doubt the news he had received was still rather fresh for him too. He had his brother, which was great, but Sans had other people, right? Like the fish lady. "Yes, sometimes it may take a while, and they may even be from a different...time from you, but others from your universe have the possibility of coming here." Kev spoke up, wisely leaving out the detail that in all of his nearly six years here, nobody from his universe had ever come here. "Like Sans said, no one can leave here to go back home, though sometimes people have left to other Gammas... That's what this place is, a Gamma. Gamma X. Though, everybody calls it Portal Breach and the city, Portal City." His hand clenched against Fear's hand, as if bracing himself. Would Molly get angry? Sad? Would she swallow her feelings to deal with them in private? There was no way to know for sure, but Kev would prepare himself either way.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Hot-diggity-dog! Things had settled down and the awkwardness plaguing these frosty parts went adios. Content for the time being, Fear lapsed into yet another quiet spell and passed the time by wiggling his knobby toes into the sand. Never mind that he couldn't feel the wet grains or perhaps the small handful of sea critters rushing to get away. He had his jellyfish, he had Kev; things were just awesome. Nothing could ruin this perfect moment!

...But, if you really believed that, then there was probably a bridge somewhere that needed buying.

"'Sides, whatever's out there, ye better believe I can take it! They didn't crown me Pirate Princess fer nothin', yknow."
    "...Pirate Princess..."
    "...Pirate..."

The little undead gerbil in Fear's mind was working overtime.

"Piiiiiiiiiirate...?" he drawled. As much as the ghoul enjoyed Kev's attention and gentle reassurance, there was still that judicial itch begging to be scratched. Black Molly, the Pirate Princess, soon found a rotted yellow talon hovering in front of her fishy nose. "Piratesss are the ssscum of the ssseasss!" Fear rasped accusingly. "They pillage and plunder, having no ressspect for landsss and propertiesss that do not belong to them, and murder whoever isss foolisssh enough to get in front of their illegal ambitionsss!" Even without his shiny badge, there were just some tricks an old dog couldn't forget. Black Molly should be hung from the gallows or purged with extreme prejudice, not given friendly advice and told where to go for shelter and food! Of course, dressing like a pirate, talking like a pirate, and confessing to being a pirate weren't the same as actually committing piratey deeds. Any chump could dress like Molly and proudly broadcast ye olde pirate swagger.

In a rare display of applying what he recently learned, the undead cheekily parroted what Molly had done only moments ago. He raised two skeletal fingers to his burning ocularia and quickly redirected them at her. "I'm keeping me eyesss on you, lasssss... all ssseveral dozen of them," Fear grunted.

There was then a pause. A pause, before...

"...How can a pirate be a princesssss, anyway?" Did pirates now have royal courts? Were there pirate kings and queens, and were they officially recognized by any sovereign, reputable authority? Did that make killing a pirate an act of regicide? Maybe the mer-lass was secretly part of those slimy Nazaj'ir that kept poking and prodding their foul noses along the coastline... The gills and sharp teeth were definitely a striking resemblance. Huh! This rabbit hole went really deep.
    Black Molly
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Black Molly on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 pm

Molly fell silent for awhile, slowly grinding her teeth as she digested the news. This was all... really worrying, to say the least. Not that she was afraid or anything! Even if she was, she wouldn't show it. No, this was more of a slow, quiet concern, an awful chill that wriggled and gnawed at her guts. It wasn't the idea of leaving her mates behind that bothered her, though that was pretty bad too. It was the thought of being confined to one place, with no conceivable way out. It would take some time for it to really set in, but even now she didn't look to fondly on it. Free spirits like her didn't belong here.

Finally, she slammed her hands down on the stall with a metric ton of falsified enthusiasm and smiled a salesman's smile. With her bright, pupiless eyes, the effect was similar to a shark's lipless grin. "Aye, s'pose yer right! No point in mopin' about it if that's the way it's gonna be! They'll prolly pop up sometime or another. Heck, they might even be here now! Never can keep a good crew apart fer long, yknow." Most of what she said was an out-and-out lie, trying to put on a brave face for a bunch of strangers, but that last part she knew for sure. They were talking about some of the very first people she'd come to really trust, to really care about. There was no way they wouldn't show up. Not a chance in the world.

Turning on her heel, she marched back down the beach, making broad, sweeping gestures as she continued to speak."So! Gamma X. Lovely name, real creative.  Almost makes ye wonder why folks don't drop in more often." Molly gave a wry grin, hoping that everybody would just fall for the "cool and composed" act without question. "Speakin' of, how often does this happen? 'Cause the way ye be layin' it out, makes it sound like a reg'lar occurrence 'round these parts. Newcomers washin' ashore, I mean." She would've continued with that line of questioning, if it weren't for Fear deciding to open his rusty trap again.

She flinched away from the accusatory digit, like somebody had just thrust a piece of dog doo on a stick at her. In her defense, it was a really gross finger. Somebody needed to teach him the meaning of "hygiene" eventually,   since to clearly wasn't smart enough to guess at her being a pirate from the get-go. Seriously, she had the hat, the coat, the accent. The whole thing was so baffling that she almost forgot to be angry for a half-second. Thankfully, she recovered, her face twisting into a mask of fury as all the imaginary composure she'd been cultivating melted away in an instant.  "Oh, ye got a problem with buccaneers all'a sudden, ye no-good, necrotizin' nincompoop!? Iunno if ye been payin' attention or not, since yer thinkin' parts prolly look like a moldy sea sponge by now, but I ain't exactly been on a tear'o pillage an' plunder. Almost like I don't wanna start any trouble!" She threw her hands up, exasperated, but the words kept coming. "If anyone here needs an eye kept on 'em, it should be ye! So kindly take those baseless assumptions, an' cram 'em right where the sun don't shine!"

She didn't like having to do this, she really didn't. She'd practically made a promise not to. But he'd impugned her honor, both as a pirate and as disgraced ex-royalty. Plus, it felt really good to just unload on somebody like that.

Finally, she crossed her arms, looking significantly more huffy than before. "An' I be a princess 'cause I made myself one, ye dingus. Fought me way up to the top'a the heap." Another pause. "They mutinied me ages ago, on the chance ye wanna start makin' a federal case outta that, too." Molly added.
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:10 pm

You know? This new person, alleged princess of the pirates, was a pretty cool dude. Sans always had a thing for brave souls and those who weren't afraid to show their spirit, quite like his brother, and so she went down in his book as someone he should probably befriend a little more formally. She would have to lie a little better to get through Sans' perceptive gaze, but he would say nothing of it. After all, what good would it do to him to break someone else's cool streak? The obvious exception was Papyrus, but he always made a full rebound anyway. "That's the spirit. Your friends, they're probably here already, somewhere. Can't lose hope now." He nodded. The heavy situation never actually bothered Sans - he mourned silently for his lost friends, knowing that they didn't deserve whatever fate did await them, but he still held out. He wasn't going to spend eternity here if he could do anything about it, and he certainly wasn't about to lose faith any time soon. There had to be an answer to this, there always was.

And yet it still felt so very far away. Beginning to get absorbed in his thoughts Sans drew his attention back to the pirate. Truthfully he didn't know how often people were drawn in to Portal Breach, but the city was incredibly heavily populated and incredibly diverse to boot. He had to hazard a guess that this sort of thing happened a lot but this was the first newcomer that he was directly greeting, and at the moment of her arrival no less! "There are a lot of people here. I'm sure people drop in pretty often, you know?" Made sense. Not that anything else in this world did but he would cling to all he could.

It made as much sense as the continued quarreling which he admittedly should have seen coming. As soon as the gears clicked in Fear's head to target her as a no-good lawbreaker, he jumped on the situation with the full force of his judicial might. Honestly, Sans had no idea what to do about it, and her rebuttal was a pretty solid one. Albeit covered in remarks and insults. "I think pirates are pretty cool. They get to live on the ocean, they have cool swords, and they find treasure. Seems like a pretty good deal to me." He shrugged. Sans was not super well-versed when it came to piracy, but it sounded like a very rewarding gig. Maybe it did mean that law-types like Fear would be constant foes, much like these two seemed to be at the moment. Sans hoped it would change, but he also knew that it probably wouldn't.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:39 am

Molly soaked in the news like a sponge, and from the way she seemed to be gnashing her teeth, it wasn't going to be a good reaction... Again, it wasn't like he could blame her. Could anyone? How many people could take such news in stride? How many could shrug off the idea of homes and friends and family and people being destroyed, and now stuck in a new world populated with strangers?

...Huh. Apparently Molly actually could. The initial reaction, as the woman slammed her hands down upon Sans' shack, had Kev flinching and grasping onto Fear tightly. Once she spoke though, he relaxed again. She sounded to be in...good spirits! Though, once she turned back around to face the two of them again, Kev became skeptical of the enthusiasm. The smile seemed forced in its toothiness, and she took on more hammy gestures. It was an act, she was saving face. Kev had worn enough masks to spot one when it was right in front of him. Though Kev had enough tact to know not to bring attention to it, merely giving her a firm nod, as though agreeing with what she said. Yes, her friends could be here even now! Her friends were sure to come one day! For her sake, he really hoped they would.

"The washing ashore part is admittedly new, though I also had a guy fall out of the sky and land on one of my llamas once... Anyways, it used to be sort of...weekly? Nowadays, I'd say more...monthly. The majority of people you'll meet will be in the same boat as you. All three of us certainly are." Though they may not have literally washed ashore, they had all come from other worlds that had been destroyed.

And, like the last train chugging into the station, Fear realized that Black Molly was a pirate. The discovery hadn't been that strange or outlandish to Kev... The eyepatch and the accent all sounded pretty piratey so her admitting such was just confirmation. Fear pointed to Molly with a sharp talon and apparently took great offense! Kev blinked in utter confusion, head tilting to the side. "I thought pirates were like... People of freedom! They get to live, happy and free. They steal what they want, but only as much as they need! Enough to have a happy life, right?" Obviously, somebody's glasses were rather rose-colored when it came to pirates...you can blame that on the library. Much of the material that Kev had learned of pirates from was a bit...romanticized. Molly insisted that she didn't want to go around starting any trouble, no pillaging and plundering to be done right now. She got plenty exasperated, and Kev focused on the hand that he was holding, squeezing it and rubbing the undead knuckles even as Fear indicated he'd keep his eyes on her.

"You made yourself one...? Huh... That's impressive! What's mutinied?" Kev found himself nodding in fervent agreement with Sans. "I like their ruffley shirts, long wavy jackets, and their eyepatches!" Kev jabbed a finger in Molly's direction, thankfully gloved and not decomposing. "Like your's!"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:12 am

Fear at once shoved his foul-smelling great helm inches from Black Molly's face, hissing like a can of coiled serpents. "And who are you calling a no-good, necrotizing nincompoop!?" he demanded loudly. Those were fighting words, lass! If she thought he smelled worse before, she better not take a single breath now. Unlike Sans, the ghoul was very much dead, through and through.

Pirate insults.

Pirate quips.

But nothing was more worse than -

"I think pirates are pretty cool. They get to live on the ocean, they have cool swords, and they find treasure. Seems like a pretty good deal to me."
    "I thought pirates were like... People of freedom! They get to live, happy and free. They steal what they want, but only as much as they need! Enough to have a happy life, right? I like their ruffley shirts, long wavy jackets, and their eyepatches!"

- pirate sympathizers!

The undead would have smacked both hands against his helmet in an expression of sheer horror if he could. "Kev!" he gasped. "Piratesss are uncouth thugsss who prey upon merchant vesssselsss and pillage port townsss! They are murderersss, not freedom fightersss!" No more 'Treasure Island' for you, pal. And say it wasn't so, but it looked like it was three against one! How was an honest fiend supposed to cope with such madness, especially when a pirate princess told them to shove it where the sun didn't shine!? Fear huffed and puffed like a flustered old hen. "Firssstly," he began sternly, "it'sss sssewn ssshut. And sssecondly..." Doing the best juggling act he could muster, the undead somehow managed to retrieve his ancient ticket book and pen out from a moldy belt pouch. With arms as long and skeletal as these, it was no trouble pinching the carboy between one. "And secondly, make a formal complaint with the law and I'll file your cassse to the ressspective authoritiesss." Retired lawman or not, some habits just refused to die, much like their owners.

While he was patiently waiting for Black Molly to rat out her traitorous mutineers, Fear decided to humour Kev's ignorance. "It meansss her fellow ssshipmatesss, or whatever they were, rebelled and deposssed her," he answered. Pirates... Never trust a pirate.

And that went double for a pirate princess who disrespected a retired servant of the law!
    Black Molly
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Black Molly on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Molly would've loved to offer up another biting comeback, she really would. Exchanging verbal broadsides with someone like this was a rare pleasure, and it wasn't like he didn't deserve it. But the smell! Good glob, the smell. Molly's nose wasn't a terribly sensitive apparatus, but there came a time during any olfactory experience where enough was enough, and that time was now. She took a few steps back, enough that she was just on the edge of the disaster area that was Fear's immediate vicinity. Thankfully, she did a solid job of controlling her gag reflex, with only a disgusted grimace to show for it. She wouldn't know what she'd do if she'd puked her guts out in front of a bunch of strangers. Die, probably.

"Cripes, man, ye wanna get that there BO under control? Smell like somethin' crawled in yer helmet an' died." She wouldn't be surprised if that were the truth, honestly. She shook her head, exaggerating her discomfort just the slightest bit, before her expression shifted to one of beaming pride. The praise Sans and Kev were heaping on her (or on pirates in general, but those were basically the same thing) was almost enough to make her forget about the hulking zombie abomination in front of her. Molly preened, tugging on the lapels of her coat and smoothing back her fins. "Well! Glad ta see somebody 'round here's got taste. 'Ppreciate the kind words, lads. Aye, it's a high life on the high seas fer me! Wouldn't trade it fer anythin' else." Except she had, but nobody needed to know about that right now.

Then out came the ticket book and Molly went just a little bit wide-eyed. Guess he was a lawman after all. He certainly acted the part. She held her hands up in a placating gesture, shaking her head rapidly. "Ah, no need fer that now! Ain't gonna file no charges against me old mates, no matter what they done did. I'm over it. 'Sides, I doubt ye could reach 'em now, anyway." Plus, she wouldn't really want to inflict Fear on anybody, especially not Jared. He'd probably have a heart attack, the poor guy.

"But aye, 'tis true." She removed her heat, revealing a hairless scalp, and placed it over her heart. "Me crew, me own flesh an' blood, tried ta do me in! I couldn't believe me eyes when I saw it." That was, of course, a lie. She knew it, her friends knew it, basically everybody in Ooo had figured it out by now. It was one of the world's worst-kept secrets. But, for some reason, Molly felt compelled to maintain it for these people she'd never met. She took a moment for the silence to set in before re-affixing her tricorn and grinning. "Like I said, though, water under the bridge! Found me some new mates, a new lease on life, doin' better than I ever did before!" This, though, was true. She missed her princess days, but it wasn't like she wanted to go back to them.

A pause.

"Or, yknow, I was, 'til that vile, verminous vortex done swallowed me up like a dire whale suckin' in krill." Her tone took on a hint of bitterness here, and it wasn't something she didn't want them to know about. Seriously, screw that portal, and screw whoever'd shanghaied her here. Probably some fancy-schmancy cosmic scumbag again.
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:48 pm

For all of his terrifying, necrotic aesthetic, Fear was quite amusing to watch. Even with such a vile demeanor he was wholeheartedly a man of the law with his ticketbook and everything. In fact, Sans had to bet that he even possessed judge robes and a gavel somewhere. Maybe some nice scales. The kind that people usually associated with the judicial system. Tragic about Molly's crew, but those kinds of things happen, you know? Pirates sounded cool and everything but if they really were a bunch of backstabbing and law-breaking seafarers it only made sense for them to do that to one another all of the time. And judging by how she clashed with Fear, Sans figured that Molly had probably clashed with other pirates. But hey, what did he know?

"I'm glad you're doing better. This place, it doesn't feel like an end. More like a new beginning, you know? All that sappy stuff about getting to start fresh, this is that. Everyone's got a blank slate here." That, he thought, was the coolest part about being here. So many people coming from so many places meant that there were probably people who decided to change themselves upon arrival. Granted that he'd never before met someone when they first arrived, he was willing to bet that realization was something that most citizens recognized first. "I think you'll fit right in."

And in a way he was exactly correct - with no sense of normalcy, everything was on the table here in the breach. For better or for worse of course. Not everyone decided to be a good person in this new world and, if Fear was any example, some of them couldn't find it within themselves to let go of who they were. That was a behavior he noted in Papyrus to a degree, but he would have to study more into that before deciding anything. "I'm sure the breach has a place for pirates. It has a place for everything, I think." Of course it did. Otherwise, why would everyone be here?

Actually, that was a question he couldn't answer right now. He was sure somebody knew the correct answer to that but he feared what he may learn as a result. Blissful ignorance was probably the best course of action for him and it was something he appeared to do with incredibly ease. Or at least, that's what most people believe.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 am

If Kev was not already attached to Fear, having come to the beach with him in the first place and rather tied to the man, he probably would have slunk over to Sans and stood on the sidelines as Fear and Molly slung their insults at each other. For his part, the short skeleton seemed pretty calm and docile, even as the two went at each others throats. Kev kept calm throughout most of it, though every so often he'd wince, fingers curling around the green, rotten skin of Fear's hand. Fear could fight his own battles, he didn't need Kev to ride in, wielding a leash like a lasso to reel him back in and save him from the ever frightening obstacle that was...an insult. The admiration for pirates put a genuine smile on Molly's fishy face, teeth almost shining from the force of her beaming. The compliments made her quite proud, and the alien chuckled lightly, waving a hand. "Oh, of course, it's no problem! I always loved reading about pirates in the library..." The bundled alien gave a wistful sigh. Oh, maybe in another life, he could be a pirate... Wear nice fancy clothes, go sailing on the sea... Live a carefree life and roll in little coins before pulling out a sword to whack at anybody who cared insult him. Maybe even have a cute little parrot! Oh, what a life that'd be~!

"Kev! Piratesss are uncouth thugsss who prey upon merchant vesssselsss and pillage port townsss! They are murderersss, not freedom fightersss!"

Those words were like a precariously aimed needle, popping Kev's little daydream as if it were a meager water balloon. Kev blinked several times, shaking his head from side to side before staring at the gangly corpse. "...Whaaat? Well, I mean--they do murder people, but only in self-defense! Right...?" Say it isn't so! Oh, the woe! The broken dreams! The--well okay it wasn't quite that bad. More...surprising than anything else. The alien piped down, settling into a thoughtful silence as he took this in. Pirates were not as...heroic as he may have pictured them...a shame. Shrugging to himself, he watched as Fear dug out a ticket book that Kev was quite familiar with. Reporting a case...?

Aah...while Molly didn't seem to be much of a thug, it seems her prior friends had been, as the act of mutinying meant that her crewmates rebelled against her, and threw her out, basically. No wonder Fear thought he had a case to report to the authorities! Too bad other dimensions were out of ISO jurisdiction... "Oh, that is just awful." He tsked, shaking his head. Such an unfortunate circumstance, though Molly had bounced back from it on her world, apparently finding new friends! ...And then of course, she was brought here. Right...he winced, before giving her a shrug. "Well, if you could start over once, surely you can do it again!" He found himself nodding along with Sans, the skeleton seemed to know what he was talking about. And it was true, Kev had often described this place as being a second chance!

"Sans is right, I think you'll do great. Just don't pick fights with anybody too powerful or dangerous, and you're pretty much set! There's always somebody out there you can befriend..." Or at least, that was the opinion of a rather friendly little alien. For anything specifically pirate related though... Kev hummed in thought. "I'm not so experienced with this here ocean..." He waved a hand in the direction of the roiling waves that beat down upon the shore. "Maybe there are some pirates out there...sailing on a ship and doing...pirate things." You never know until you look, right?

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:11 pm

BO under control...? Oh right, Black Molly was probably referring to his particular aroma, Eau du Corpse. Fear raised an arm and sniffed, though the fiend was unable to smell much of anything. "Huh... sssmellsss alright to me," he shrugged. Must have been the pirate's upper lip. It looked quite... fishy. And what's this about not wanting to file a report!? "Not reporting a crime isss a ssseriousss offenssse!" Like, duh. Who didn't know that? Except for, you know, a dirty rotten pirate. Grumbling, the towering undead stowed away his ticket book and pen, fussed that Black Molly had gotten his hopes up for nothing.

It could have been fun going out to sea on a rickety boat and sentencing a whole slew of buccaneers! Maybe next time, he supposed. There was always a next time on a world like Portal Breach. An exasperated sigh was Kev's answer to pirates slaying others in... ugh, 'self-defense'. If Fear wasn't already attached to Kev, he would have thrown a mush sandball at his ignorant scaly face.

Anyway... yadda yadda, Black Molly was stuck on this hunk of rock and didn't like it.

"Eh, asss much asss I don't like piracy and I find your current vocation appalling, they're right," Fear rasped, agreeing with Sans and Kev. "It'sss not ssso bad once you get usssed to the place, and you really can explore new opportunitiesss. Who knowsss? Maybe you will be fortunate enough to ressstart your criminal activitiesss, thereby allowing me a jolly good ssspot of fun, ha ha." That would, of course, be vigilantism. But it wasn't as if Black Molly knew that Fear had retired, eh? "You are much weaker than before, ssso heed my friendsss' wordsss; one missstake, lasss, or mingling with the wrong crowd, and..." In true macabre fashion, the ghoul drew a line across his throat, smiling as he did so. "And it'sss the chum bucket for you, sss!" What a lovely thought, come to think.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:01 pm