Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Tired

Post by Amalan on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:16 pm

DATE: DECEMBER 23RD, 2015
    TIME: 8:00 PM

It was a lovely night tonight. Once again, the moon had illuminated the lingering swamp grass, and what little he could see of the sky appeared to be very clear. There were stars galore twinkling beautifully in the night sky. Wait a minute, was that a shooting star? Amazing! A moment like this would be the perfect time to make a wish! This truly was a wonderful night. But...

Amalan sighed. He was tired. Not sleepy tired, but tired in the much more melancholic sense. He was tired of always feeling the way he did. What he longed for more than anything was the ability to truly feel happy again. Sure, it could be said that there were improvements in that regard as of late, but there was only one thing that would truly make the vampire finally feel like himself again, his true self. He would need to be rid of his vampiric affliction.

But how would the elf go about doing something like that? At this rate, it seemed to be impossible. Killing himself and coming back to life wouldn't work seeing as he was already a vampire upon arriving in the Breach. There was no cure. Truly, there was only one more possible option, but did he really want to go through with something like that? He would be making a deal with a literal god.

No, he had to do this. The elfin vampire desperately wanted his life back! Hastily, he got up from his rocking chair and made his way off of the porch. He stared up at the sky hesitantly. Come on, you can do this, he thought to himself.

"X."

And that was it. Now all there was left to do was wait.
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Re: Tired

Post by Portal-X on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:55 pm

Ask and you shall receive.

It wasn't often that a citizen asked for the Gamma's ruling deity, but hey... guess most were just shy, eh? Amalan barely had to wait five seconds before a cyan flash of light lit up the swamp like it was the Fourth of July. "Why, hello there, my fanged good sir!" greeted a jovial male voice. With a clap of invisible hands, the dazzling flare evaporated in an instant, leaving behind a rather snazzily-dressed figure in a black suit and cyan tie. Upon his featureless face glowed only the most important letter known to this world: X. Don't forget it, friend! This letter just might save your life in time of need...

"Ahh, you must be User944.exe, otherwise known as Amalan," said he, the ruler of this zany, outlandish world. It needn't be stated that Portal-X, with all of his incredible power, was also omniscient. Well, usually... "So! What's the occasion, hmm? Tell me, Amalan... why have you summoned me, the all-powerful Portal Deity of Gamma-X to your lovely bayou abode?"

Was it for homemade gumbo?

Please say it was for homemade gumbo...
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Ah, there was no need to worry, X. This location served primarily as a place to cultivate the nearby plasma fruits. If you took a moment to look around, you would surely find them. They glowed, after all, so they were fairly difficult to miss.

"Yes, good evening, X," Amalan greeted the deity before him. Already the vampire felt intimidated by his presence. "There is something of great importance I wish to discuss with you."

The elf scratched nervously behind his head, thinking for a moment on how to even begin such a discussion.

"You see, for the longest time, even before I arrived on the Breach, I've... How should I say this? Not felt like myself. It has truly taken a toll on my well-being." He paused, sighing. "The reason is clear. I'm really not myself. My condition... This vampirism. It's not me. I can't keep living this way!"

The vampire struggled to maintain eye contact with X as his emotions started to get the best of him. His eyes stung. No, please. He couldn't cry in front of a god like this!

"Do you know what living is like knowing that one wrong move could make you a threat to society, the start of a new plague? I've made the mistake of biting one person, and as hard as it was, I've vowed never to bite another. I count my blessings every day that she never ended up the same way I did. I wouldn't wish something like this on anyone. What I'm saying is.." He took a deep breath. "I don't want to be a vampire anymore. I feel like if I wasn't, I would truly be on my way to feeling like myself again. To being actually happy for the first time in ages. Would that be possible? Can you fix me?"
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Drat! It wasn't for homemade gumbo. Portal-X snapped his fingers, disappointed.

"There is something of great importance I wish to discuss with you."

"And why else would anyone bother to summon me, the great and fantabulous Portal-X?" remarked the deity. If they didn't want him for something important, it was either to leave the Gamma or just... you know, embark on the usual tomfoolery. Now then, what's this about being tired with vampirism? Always the zany character, Portal-X leaned forward, an ear directed at Amalan. If you hadn't noticed the ridiculously large-than-life black ear already, that was because it just magically grew out of nowhere. Gods and their fickle whims, you know? "Can't keep living that way, eh?" A thoughtful pause. "You know, Amalan... there are many citizens who live with their less-than-savoury conditions every day. It would be unfair if I interfered and just plucked the malady from you." Of course, those other citizens also didn't ask for Portal-X's assistance, either. Hmm... decisions, decisions.

He produced a cyan-coloured handkerchief from his back pocket and offered it to the teary-eyed vampire. Enjoy, because it was quite plush! "Tell you what," the deity began. Hear that, my boy? That was the beautiful sound of a deal in the works. "I can fix you up, all nice and pretty, but it'll cost you, understand? Balance and all that." Can't get something for nothing, after all! Now... what to ask in return?

Portal-X snapped his fingers loudly as a thought came to his enigmatic noggin.

"You want to be rid of vampirism so bad? Alright, you got it, chum! Just give me your ability to utilize magicka and we'll call it Even Stevens. What do you say?" Going once...! Going twice...!
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:21 am

"Oh, I-" Amalan scratched at the back of his head awkwardly. Truly he had never looked at his situation from that angle. When the deity put things that way, it was enough to make the elf feel bad for even considering asking for his help. "I'm sorry, X, if I wasted your time. Forgive me for being so selfish."

X, unfortunately, seemed to have taken note of the telltale glassiness of the vampire's eyes. How embarrassing. The god did not mock him, though. On the contrary, he was rather kind, and even offered him a handkerchief. Amalan accepted it gingerly.

"Thank you," he said, wiping the dampness from his eyes.

"Tell you what,"

What was this?!.. The Altmer looked up at the portal deity. Clearly he had his undivided attention.

"I can fix you up, all nice and pretty, but it'll cost you, understand? Balance and all that."

Oh but of course there was a catch! Amalan would have been very surprised if there wasn't a catch of some caliber. Why wouldn't there be? This was a major favor he was asking, after all. He needed to be able to give up something in exchange for his own desires.

"I understand. What are your conditions?" the elf asked.

Just give me your ability to utilize magicka and we'll call it Even Stevens. What do you say?

Oh.

His ability to utilize majicka. His magic. He would never be able to use it again. He would never be able to summon weapons, to conjure lightning... The vampire sighed, deep in thought. But when did he ever need these things other than in battle. Surely there were many other ways to fight? Perhaps he could invest in an actual sword someday?.. That might be nice. But if not, he could cope. It was a worthy sacrifice in order to have his life back.

"I accept these conditions."
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:19 am

Time? And wasted time, at that? Portal-X was simply tickled pink by Amalan's embarrasment. What was time to a god? Ahh, mortals were such fascinating creatures... "You are welcome, chap!" he said rather chipper, accepting his used handkerchief. "There's nothing wrong with a good cry, even a small one. It's helpful every now and then, no?" Now then, the deal. What say you, Amalan? Were you willing to give up one of your greatest traits so you could once again know rest? So you could once again feel the sun's warm, inviting rays upon your skin? So you could once again feel happy? It must be dreadfully crummy thinking about food around the clock...

"I accept these conditions."

And thus, the vampire had spoken.

"Splendid!" Portal-X snapped his fingers, pleased as punch that their little deal had gone smoothly. It was always nice when a citizen didn't put up much of a fuss. "Now, it's not a terribly hard process, my boy. All you need to do is shake my hand and go right to bed. That's it, nothing else! Golly, isn't that just swell?" Clicking his shined heels together, the Portal Deity eagerly offered a blackened hand, fingers wiggling playfully. "Shake on it," he said, "and you will suffer no more."
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:02 pm

"What do I have to do?" Amalan asked, awaiting an explanation. Was it really going to be that uncomplicated? Would it be as simple as a snap of the Portal Deity's fingers to make things right with the elf again? He nodded, listening intently. It would seem like this was going to be simple enough, but he still needed confirmation.

"So, what you're saying is: All I need to do is shake your hand? Then I just go to bed and I'll wake up in the morning completely normal again?" That's certainly what this was sounding like to the Altmer. It truly was going to be a simple process, it appeared. Amalan gave a weak smile before giving X the firmest handshake he could manage. "You have a deal."

OOC: Time for a complete wipe of Amalan's powers on his character sheet! As he learns new things, they will be filled in again!
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:29 pm

"Yep, that's it! Would I lie to you, my good sir?" Technically, yes. But there wasn't a need to lie here, so everything was peachy-keen! And you liked things being peachy-keen, didn't you, Amalan? Of course you did, of course you did... That's why you shook the Portal Deity's hand and took the deal. That's why you were desperate enough to exchange your magical prowess for non-bitey freedom! A pretty sweet deal, no? Portal-X returned the firm handshake in kind, his featureless hand smooth and alien to the touch. Felt rather like solid... air, perhaps. Whatever it was, the mortal mind struggled to conceive a suitable comparison.

In any event, no tricks or fancy lights! Not even a catchy song or ominous singing animals. The Portal Deity removed his hand and simply remarked, "Alright, that's it. You're all good to go, chum. Pleasure doing business with you. Give me a call when you cook up some mean bayou gumbo, yeah? Toodles~!"

And like a rocket he was off, flying by the seat of his pants well into the night. Such a strange bird, that Portal-X.

Ah well, you best get to bed and sleep. There was no telling what awaited you in the morrow...

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:35 pm