50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

A Holly Jolly Christmas at the Drive-In

Post by Knock Out on Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Time: 7:45 PM
    Date: Christmas Day, the year 0006 of Portal Breach!

"Are they done?"

"No, not yet...they need about 5 more minutes for this batch, and then I'll put in the last batch of them. After that they're all ready!"

"But the done ones can be sold now, right?"

"Yep!"

Knock Out nodded at the young woman to show he understood, before turning away. The mech reached over to grab a tray of the newest batch of sugar cookies, these ones shaped like a snowman. The cookies were spread out along the tray, ready to be grabbed up and eaten. Maneuvering through the doorway, Knock Out carried them out of the sweltering kitchen and back out to the concession stand. He handed the tray off to the nearest cashier. "Here, set these out under the glass. The more the customer can see what they might get, the better!" And the little cookies did look nice. A printed design of a snowman on them, a little chocolate chip for the nose, and none of these cookies had snapped off or broken into small pieces. The first couple of batches had a few broken cookies, though the woman in the back insisted that they broke due to Knock Out's 'assistance'. He wasn't exactly built for baking...of course, that was where hired help came in!

The concession area was dotted with several blinking Christmas lights, the counter itself was decorated with silver tinsel around the counter-top edges. On a section of the counter-top that no one used, a little Christmas tree had been set up. Slapped onto the glass display areas and the doors were little plastic decorations that slapped on with a bit of moisture. Snow flakes, a happy Snowman, and Santa Clause in his sleigh with all eight reindeer. Knock Out eyed the plastic, all of the smiling faces and blank eyes before stepping through the door and back out to the area outside. The poles between the parking spaces were decorated either with red lights, green lights, red tinsel, or green tinsel, all in an alternating pattern that made for a lengthy area of reds and greens. Any snow that had managed to fall into this area was shoveled away. The roof of the concession building was dotted with lights as well, though these were bright whites instead of the red and green lights. The mech shuffled the brochures in his servoes before he leaned against the side of the building with a slight frown.

Whereas he fully embraced the spirit of Halloween, putting on a costume and all, this little Holiday marathon did not see Knock Out dressing any differently. A nice new wax job, yes, but a giant baggy red suit? Ho ho no. Though he decorated the place up, and helped pick food that sounded easy and delicious to be added to the menu, Knock Out...wasn't really feeling this Holiday. Now that he actually had to sit down and consider these traditions, buy stuff for it and for the Drive-In and listen to some of the Holiday songs in the stores...it all was way too saccharine for his tastes. Halloween was brutal, filled with horror and mischief. Fake blood, fears, costumes, giving and getting a good fright. Christmas? It was all...peace and good will and happiness. Being joyful and giving and sharing and--ugh, it all gave him a very 'Autobot' feeling. Bet those 'bots ate this holiday up. As a former Decepticon, the mech couldn't help but be rather at odds with such traditions. The smiling faces on the street all seemed so forced to him. Like an army of happy zombies! Only instead of wanting to eat your brains, they just want to donate credits for the poor, or donate a gift, or help you with your bags! It all sent a shiver down his back! As much as he may appreciate politeness, this Holiday seemed less about being polite and more about being...a happy zombie.

Hmph...at least the movies tonight were going to be fun to watch with everyone. Arms folded over his chassis, Knock Out remained leaning on the building as he waited in silence for people to arrive.

((OOC note: This thread is open for anyone who wants to see the first night of the marathon, and threads are welcome for anyone who wants to go see the other movies. The showtime schedule for these movies are:

• Friday December 25th, A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. A Christmas Story starts at 8. After it finishes, a small short film will be played during the intermission to pass the time, allowing a break for concession and bathroom stops. Then, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation will start.
    • Saturday December 26th, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Home Alone. The Muppet Christmas Carol will start at 8. The rest of the details are the same as above.
    • Sunday December 27th, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rankin Bass version) and Elf. Rudolph will start at 8. The rest of the details are the same as above.

))
    Marissa Clawthorne
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: A Holly Jolly Christmas at the Drive-In

Post by Marissa Clawthorne on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Aaah, Christmas! It posed a stiff competition for Marissa's other favorite days of the year, Halloween and Thanksgiving. Scares, food... Festivity and joy! What was there not to love about the last three months of the year? There was a holiday for every month. The monstress' tail swished happily behind her as she took in the festive scenery around her. It brought back delightful memories of her childhood, memories of begging her parents to let her leave her doorway to get to the presents under the Christmas tree. But alas, they always wanted pictures!

It wasn't long before her holiday cheer started to drift slightly into melancholy, however. All those memories with her parents... She would never be able to have any more of those. They were gone. The fluffy monster shook her head at the intrusive thoughts. No, not today! It was Christmas, and she was going to enjoy herself! And so the purple 'taur got in line at the concession stand.

"Hey there!" she greeted the ghostly cashier. "I'll take a baggy of the holiday-shaped sugar cookies and a cup of alcoholic eggnog, please."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:46 pm

"Hehe..!"

Olabisi chuckled to herself as she observed the cashier at concession stand. She was certainly out of his sight at the moment, but most likely not out of mind. The ghostly alien had to go to work on Christmas. That alone was unfortunate, but the thing that bothered him the most was having to be away from her. Well, Spenst, luckily for you, you wont have to be away from her much longer! Quietly and cautiously, the mummy snuck up to the concession stand. One of her hair bandages extended outward to touch the Ectonurite's face. Slowly, slowwwly...

"Hey~" she teased playfully.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:56 pm

Spenst sighed tiredly. It was Christmas, and he was stuck having to work. It wasn't all bad, though. All the festive scenery helped matters, and he also got to wear a Santa suit, complete with a hat! Granted, red was not the alien's color, but he enjoyed wearing the cozy outfit just the same. Still, he did miss his significant other. He would have much preferred being able to spend tonight with her.

"Alright, that'll be 6 credits, and I'll need to see your ID," he said to the current customer as he gathered her requested items.

Wait a minute... What was that? There was a familiar sensation of something caressing his cheek. That certain something being hair bandages belonging to-

You sneaky devil wrote:"Hey~"

"Ola!" the Ectonurite yelped. "You're here! I had no idea you were coming! But, ah... Give me a minute. I'm with a customer right now."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:30 pm

"The movie starts at 8, you are welcome to get your concessions before the movie begins! We have new concessions items for you to buy, lots of sweets, eggnog, and some of that cider...stuff." Knock Out rolled a servo in a blase manner. The two human women he was talking to, a bespectacled redhead and a pale skinned woman with dark hair and glasses, glanced at each other, a brow raised on their faces. The brunette reacted first, leaning on her hip as she smirked at the robot.

"Would the cider and the eggnog happen to be...alcoholic?" She asked, the brochure she had been handed tucked tightly in her hand. The redhead was quiet beside her, though she was also staring at Knock Out, attentive for his answer. And...vaguely looking like she might try to punch him if the answer was no, metal skin or not.

"Alcoholic is available, and we have other alcoholic beverages available too." Primus, it was as if he'd used the magic word. Before he brought up the drinks, the two of them had been rather distant and inattentive, but now? Now they were eager. Learning that there were more drinks available only seemed to make it worse!

"Yes!" The young woman pumped a fist in the air before she turned to face the redhead with a grin.  "C'mon Ruth! Before they run out!" Her hand reached out to take the other's, lacing her fingers and giving her a light pull as she took off in a light jog. The other woman yelped out, cheeks flushing as she grimaced. "If I knew some eggnog would make you run like this, I'd put some on the end of a stick and dangle it in front of your face!" The woman apparently named Ruth called out in a snide manner, though the other woman didn't seem to take it as an insult.

Oh joy...Knock Out's gaze flattened as he watched them run to the stand, shaking his head lightly. Thankfully most people seemed to drink responsibly, but you never know when that record would be broken... Knock Out trusted his workers not to give alcohol to someone who could barely walk though, so aside from a snort at their antics, he turned away from them to survey the area. People were filling in now, either in cars, bikes, or on foot. Vehicles of all kinds too, not all had wheels. People were positioned and directed to places where they could watch the movie, given brochures and told of the specials in the concession stand... Knock Out turned back to the concession building and decided to start walking over, peds crunching on the sand as he made his way over to poke his helm in the door. Smell of food and drink in the air, the two young women were filing in line. At the very front of the line, still being attended, was a...furry purple horse person that Knock Out had seen in passing when she arrived. There was Spenst, servicing her and...what was this? A woman who seemed to be made of living bandages was talking to him, and didn't seem to be a customer!

Though the holiday may have made him a Grinch, Knock Out wasn't annoyed to see that Spenst had a visitor, especially when he heard Spenst tell her that he had to attend to a customer. Knock Out entered in completely, sauntering over to the counter with something of a smirk on his face. "Hello Spenst! Who's your friend here, hm?~" The mech's voice purred in a teasing tone. Was somebody getting a visit from their little girlfriend...? Knock Out looked to the customer and nodded his helm to her in greeting. "Welcome to the Drive-In, hope you are having a good time~ Have I given you a brochure? It has information on the Drive-In, the movie times and information for this weekend, and the channel station for the movie audio if you have a car."
    Marissa Clawthorne
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Marissa Clawthorne on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:05 pm

"Oh, right!" The purple monstress quickly reached into her purse, rummaging through it. It didn't take long at all for her to take out her ID card and her precious credits. She slipped them to the ghostly cashier. "I must admit, though, I'm flattered. Do I really look younger than I am?"

Indeed, to hear such a thing made the wolfish centaur very happy. You could clearly tell just by watching her bushy tail wag. Just as the exchange was happening, though, some kind of mummy woman snuck up on the cashier, teasing him playfully with her hair bandages. The monstress could only gather that this must be his girlfriend.

"Oh, thank you," she said to the red mech. "I'm sure I'll have a great time. Don't worry about giving me a channel station. I came here by taxi."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm

"Oh, of course." The bandaged alien backed up for a moment, allowing the two of them time for their transaction. Soon, they were approached by a very familiar red mech. One that was involved in a certain heated exchange involving rear ends and genitals, among other things. Yes, how could one forget something like that? Truly, she was very torn between finding said commotion amusing or disturbing. Perhaps it was both?

"Goodness, Knock Out, I'm surprised you don't recognize me," she said. "Don't you remember that exchange between you, Fear, and Mortis? I was there. I'm sure you know the one. I'm Olabisi, or Ola, in case you needed a reminder."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Ah, good. The furry woman had come by taxi and so had no need for a radio station number. "Alright! In that case, you are welcome to sit at any of the chairs and benches outside. The speakers are set nearly them and so you should hear the movie just fine! If you run into any problems, please let me know." The mech responded with a sweeping gesture of his servo that indicated to the chairs scattered around outside of the building.

Knock Out's attention soon shifted to the woman that was made out of bandages, though the longer he looked at her, the more he had this weird feeling in the back of his processor...as if he saw her before. Like a tingle he couldn't quite place. The feeling only heightened when the woman spoke, recognizing him and even calling to him by name! His optics blinked with a metallic click. Exchange between himself, Fear and Mortis--

Oh.

She had been there for that.

The mech grimaced as memories filtered in. A mummy woman who had been psychically compelled to touch the thorny bramble. And of course, her death after being punted into the gaping maw of the Bandersnatch, only to be saved and then suddenly finished off with a bit of flame magic. And of course, the memory that Olabisi was referring to in particular... Knock Out rubbed the back of his helm with a grimace that shifted into a grin. "Right, right! I remember you now, Olabisi! That all happened so long ago, I guess it slipped my processor..." Actually, it hadn't been that long for him with the lifespan he had, but certain...memories had been shelved to the farthest reaches of his processor. Especially that one. "I didn't realize you knew my employee here. Are you here to see a movie?" Seemed like more of a visit to his optics, but he'd allow the mummy woman to answer the question for him.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 am