Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: Worlds of Balance

Post by Korra on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:21 am

Korra glanced up from the beads back over to the red headed woman. So Asana had loads of money back home, being part of a dynasty? That explained the fancy clothes and armor... "Alright, as long as you're sure! I wouldn't mind using a few of my own credits to help pay for my own cone too. Though a chocolate-dipped cone sounds really good right now..." Winter weather or not, ice cream was ice cream! Korra's gaze turned a little thoughtful as she turned the beads around in her hands. "I guess it's the opposite for me, I came here without much money at all. The way I was raised, I had never really needed any." After saying as much, Korra looked back to Asana, as if gauging her reaction to what she had said. She wouldn't want to unintentionally insult her like she did Mako that one time...

Asana's hands clasped over Korra's own, closing her hands around the beads in a gentle but firm motion. Korra's hands locked into place around the beads, the rest of her body stiffening up as well as she blinked at the other woman quizzically. She really took her gifts seriously... After a couple of moments, Korra grinned at Asana in a friendly, relaxed manner. "Well, how can I say now to that? I get to how off some of my powers, you're buying me ice cream, you gave me a necklace and you want to be my friend?" She laughed lightly, leaning forward. "You've got it, Asana. We can be friends. And we can teach each other about our worlds, our powers, all kinds of things!" It could actually be really enjoyable!
    Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Asana took bonds and people seriously! And gifts meant a great deal to her-both given and received. She dug out the few bits of currency she'd gotten, finding along the street here and there. It was odd what people dropped... but it should be enough for two simple dipped cones! Maybe with chopped nuts. She smiled sheepishly. "How about we get one another's order?" She suggested.

She looked thoughtful as she mounted the simhata, who tossed her beautiful mane. "Shall we, then? Well... seven hundred years ago, my ancestress came to rule the Blessed Isle, in the heart of Creation. She did something very brave, very impossible. She took hold of the Sword of Creation, a magical weapon and used its power to chase back foreign spirits who had invaded, called raksha, for they are demons or Unshaped for form is alien to them. They change what they touch, both physically and mentally. Usually not for the better. They eat at the spirit and can even consume souls."

That was quite a casual topic of conversation. "They aren't like the elementals and spirits of my world." She spoke with mild understatement. Awkward!
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:17 pm

Korra leaned forward to eye the currency in Asana's palm, mentally counting it up in her head. It didn't exactly make Asana very rich...but it should be enough for a cone! The Avatar pulled back out of the other woman's personal space as she offered something of a compromise. The two of them could buy each other's cone! That way, Asana could treat Korra to ice cream as she had vowed, and Korra could get her a cone as well. "That sounds perfect, Asana!" It sounded to be a fair trade. One hand still grasping onto the beads, Korra's other hand reached into the pocket of her pants as she pulled out her own collection of credits. Counting them up in one hand, they seemed to be around the same amount as Asana had. Most of her own money had been left behind at the Inn, a small amount taken with in case she found something she had wanted. Placing the credits back into her pocket with a little pat to the cloth, she nodded affirmatively to Asana. "I've got the credits for it, so we should be set."

As Asana mounted her steed, Korra followed her lead. As she shoved one foot into Naga's stirrup and lifted herself into the saddle, Korra slipped the beads onto her arm and intertwined them over her arm band. She would not wear them around her neck just yet. Grasping the reins tightly in hand, she turned back to Asana as the woman began to speak. Naga followed behind the simhata, tongue lolling and tail wagging as they went. Asana's bloodline was a very lengthy one, and a pretty neat one! Not everybody could say they had an ancestor who took up a magical weapon and chased off dangerous spirits! The task itself was apparently impossible and brave, likely because of the nature of the sword. Perhaps it was extremely dangerous...

"I don't think my world had anything like those...rakshas, but I've seen that happen here. Changing people when touched, eating at the souls... It was pretty intimidating, and hard to beat! Your ancestress must have done an amazing job with that sword." Going after those rahshas was like chasing away corrutive pests. Korra's head tilted to the side, indeed, that was an understatement. "Why are they so...different? Were they just made that way?" And if so, by who? The rakshas had to come from somewhere, right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:13 pm