Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Worlds of Balance

Post by Tepet Asana on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Date: 15-12
    Time: 1102 hours

The Lawbringer had felt lucky to find any sort of source for firedust-after all, far as she knew this world had no wylds for it to blow in from the south. Something about it being an orb world, which was a disturbing thought for her. There were so many things to learn and explore! And she herself was eager to explore it all. She found ways to learn languages-useless, but a way to keep her chosen profession sharp. Perhaps she could find someone to write for... But that would be in the future. First, she had to show that she was dependable. Nothing in any world came for free, did it? Except some things in this one apparently did. Another thing she found bizarre and disconcerting. However, she could live with those differences.

The biggest difference is how lonely it all felt. Even in Chiaroscuro, there were a few score relatives occupying various military and political stations as a prosperous outpost and a decent vacation spot, though most preferred An-Teng and the Steel Lotus city to the west of the glass city. No elementally blessed-as far as she knew. This was about to change utterly and unexpectedly. She came out with a pouch of some sort of silvery material. Non-reactive and just as good if not better than the waxen leather pouch treated with blue jade, which she had put the new pouch into because it was prettier. To eyes of Korra's world... Asana's armor seemed like an ancient, quaint form of Fire Nation armor, with its deep reds and mons symbol on the back, shaped like an A with the middle strip stretching outward. Almost like a hat or tent, really and the patches on her right arm, one torn off though the tear had been repaired and a new patch had been applied. An altogether different mons with a very different meaning, though not one any in this world would be familiar with.

Now, what would Korra make of the elegant redhead?
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: Worlds of Balance

Post by Korra on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:46 pm

What does an Avatar do, when the world is at peace and there was no immediate demand for her attention? For today, the answer was quite plain and common. Though the basement of the Inn provided an easy, and rather spacious area for Korra's friend to stay in, it was still an enclosed space without much sunlight. As a responsible owner and friend, Korra took Naga out to walk around the city frequently, and so it was that the Avatar entered the recreational district on the back of a large white creature. Part bear and part dog, the two of them stuck out like a sore thumb as they walked down the sidewalk, Korra situated snugly in the saddle. Traffic on the sidewalk was light, and she used the reins to move themselves closer to the building so that they didn't take up the entire sidewalk. The dark young woman offered people a friendly, if a bit awkward grin as they went, before her gaze turned to the buildings in this part of the city.

Though the business in this place looked...fine, it really made her long for Republic City. Korra huffed, her breath lightly blowing a few strands of hair out of her face, before she noticed someone up ahead who stuck out for a number of reasons. First of all was the armor! Most of the people that bustled around in the city wore casual clothes, Korra herself had on a parka and her usual attire. That armor looked like it meant business too... Red like armor from the Fire Nation as well. Several symbols and designs lined it, all of it unfamiliar to Korra. The second thing that had drawn Korra's attention had been an odd material the woman seemed to be handling. Silvery, to Korra's eyes it looked like liquid metal. A metalbender, maybe? Kinda...weird for a metalbender to store metal in a pretty pouch. Wear the metal, sure, but put it in a pouch? Korra's eyes narrowed quizzically, but before she could call out it seems the woman had also earned the curiosity of Naga!

Surging forward enough to make Korra jostle in the saddle, it only took a few moments for Naga to stride on over to the redhead, black nose sniffing first at the woman's feet and legs. Her long tail was raised high, attentively, and Korra yanked at the reins in quick succession. "Naga!" Looking down at the unfamiliar woman, Korra smiled down at her, almost apolgetic. "Sorry! She just...really likes meeting new people. She won't bite!" Swinging a leg over the side of her saddle and jumping down, Korra spread one arm out to push Naga back lightly, in case the redhead preferred not to be sniffed. Not everybody was comfortable with a large white polar bear-dog sniffing their person...

The other arm reached out to the young woman, offering her hand to her. "I'm Korra. Are you new here?" Between the woman looking unfamiliar, to wearing armor in the city, she had the bearings of someone who hadn't been here long. Perhaps she just arrived?
    Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:01 pm

The young woman had turned at the bustle-a polar bear dog wasn't something people could easily get used to and her own steed snorted-a simhata mount with the body of a horse, the head and mane of a proud lion. Something equally unusual and a touch frightening to anyone, anywhere. The simhata sniffed at the polar bear-dog and then Korra. And licked the avatar lightly before minding her own business as cats were wont to do. "Oh, it's no problem. Your friend looks very interesting and formidable." Her manner was polite, perhaps even shy but not scared a whit; she even gave Naga a good scritching between the ears.

She turned and bowed with a fist to hand. It could be a traditional manner of salute-certainly, it would not have been out of place and even seemed strangely familiar. "Nice to meet you, Korra. I am Tepet Asana. You may call me Asana." She greeted. Her brown eyes were warm, though the way she moved a bit stiffly and positioned herself seemed defensive. She never turned her back on either Korra or Naga. She frowned thoughtfully but still remained polite.

Last edited by Tepet Asana on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Reason number three to notice the woman, the steed she rode on that was very much like Korra's own! It had the head of a lion turtle, and hooves instead of paws. It didn't look to be any of the animals from Korra's world. At least, none she was aware of. The steeds sniffed at each other curiously, before shifting their attention respectively. Korra remained still as the unfamiliar animal sniffed her, and chuckled lightly at the licks. Her fingers twitched for a moment, tempted to scratch the animal, but unsure how it may react. "Yeah, your's too!" She took the other woman's motion, scratching Naga's ears, as a silent 'permission' of sorts. Korra's hand reached out to stroke at the mane lightly, patting down the long, smooth fur.

The other woman put her fist into her hand and gave a bow. The Avatar took her hand back and repeated the gesture, a fist in her palm, much the way she used to greet Tenzin. It had been a while since she greeted someone like this! "Nice to meet you too, Asana." Her tone was light, friendly, though Asana's...was not. She seemed friendly enough, and yet the redhead was quite formal. Not to mention stiff... Korra shifted her weight onto one hip, crossing her arms across her chest and frowning thoughtfully in turn. "You don't have to be afraid...I'm not going to attack you. I just saw you with that...silver stuff in a pouch and got curious." Between that, and the weird animal that wouldn't be out of place back home, and the bow... "Are you a metalbender?" The question slipped out before she could hold it back, though now that it was out there, impulse took over. She leaned forward a bit, hands curled into fists in an eager manner. "Or...any kind of bender?"
    Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Bender... bender... the word translated to her after a moment of consideration and she flushed. "Oh, no nothing like that. No earth... bending for me. My family were all benders, as you say. It was a bit of a disappointment that I didn't get that blessing." She seemed to relax-even smiling excitedly. "You come from a world with elemental benders?" She looked excited.

She pulled out the bag and then opened the second. "Not quite metal-this is firedust. It explodes and starts fire. Like this." She put a few grams in her palm and put away the rest very carefully. She then made a sudden movement with her hand and snapped a finger, fire exploding from just the little bit of dust!

She seemed more... gentle when she spoke now, still polite but soft-spoken and yet strong-willed for her apparent softness. "I'm... a bit different from my relatives. It's. Not something I'm terribly proud of." She focused a moment, a golden orb within a golden circle slowly fading into view and shining beautifully. It seemed to resonate-something of the light, warming like the sun shined from within like the markings that shined when Korra had connected with her own spirit-the spirit of light. The golden gleam and strong dignity even as she seemed greatly ashamed of this light.

For the similarities-there seemed to be some interesting differences going on.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:34 pm

The other woman seemed to blush, and explained that though she came from a family of benders, she herself was not one. Korra pouted for a moment, the hopes of having a metalbending teacher dashed before she could even really consider it, before she waved a hand at the other in a reassuring manner. Her face had returned to grinning. It was a very slim hope anyway. "That's alright, my best friend's sister is the greatest waterbender in the world! He's not a bender himself, but he's still a great warrior! And I'm sure you are too." Just look at that armor! There was no way Asana just stood on the sidelines in a fight. Like Sokka and Asami, she probably had some sort of weapon or training to help her out! Bending seemed to be the ice-breaker for them, and the other's excitement was infectious. "I do! I can actually bend all four elements-! Though uh, right now I just have water and earth..." The excitement in her voice tapered off towards the end, though Korra still seemed rather excited. She was so close to having her firebending back, so close she could taste it!

Speaking of fire...Asana pulled out her pouch, first one and then the other, revealing the material inside to not be liquid at all. Not even metal! Instead, it was firedust! A method for starting fire, apparently. When prompted, Korra watched attentively as Asana measured out a bit of the dust and held it in her palm. A snap of the fingers and fwoosh! Fire exploded from Asana's hand, and if Korra hadn't known any better, she'd have sworn the woman had actually been a firebender! "That's amazing! Where did you get that from?!" Though once she got her firebending back, Korra would have no need for a dust that created fire, she still saw a lot of uses for such a dust.

"Really...? Different how?" The Avatar tilted her head at the woman, almost concerned. What could possibly set her apart, what was this ability she wasn't proud of? The answer came in a glow of gold. She gasped and stepped back, into the furry chest of her companion as she stared. An orb within a circle, glowing brightly like a lantern and warm like the sun. Whatever it was it seemed...powerful. Nothing like that had ever occurred in her home world...the closest was perhaps the glow of the Avatar, but there was no way Asana was a nonbending Avatar. Bending kinda...came with the title, after all!

"I guess we're not from the same world after all..." She realized in an awed tone. Worlds with benders, strange animals, and yet...different. "What...what was that?" Korra questioned, hesitant as if the question might offend Asana. With her being a bit ashamed of it, it very well may.
    Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:34 pm

She took a breath, still blushing. "Where I'm from, it's called... Solars. They're anathema, stolen spiritual power. But I know I didn't steal anything and I don't feel particularly demonic or evil..." She frowned. "It is said in the time before, there were many kinds of heroes, gifted by the great spirits-the sun, the moon and the dragons of the elements-earth, air, fire, water and wood. House Tepet was aspected to wood. Benders in my world were called Dragon Blooded, because they alone could pass on their gift to their children. Ten-thousand dragons that became far, far more." She described in a lilting tone, like a good storyteller.

"But the stories say those blessed by the sun and moon had stolen their power. I... am starting to think that part's not true. That they just... went crazy or were people who misused their gifts. They... all died. In something called the Usurpation. Dawn, Zenith, Twilight, Night and Eclipse for Solars. But those blessed with powers of the moon slipped away to wage a war that's lasted centuries against those that overthrew their partners and spouses." She continued. "No Moons, Changing Moons, Full Moons. There used to be more of those, but they... changed themselves, to survive. I can hardly blame them. The... histories called those like me Lawbringers."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Stolen spiritual power...? It didn't quite make sense to Korra, but then, the same had been said for the workings of Korra's world. Sometimes things were just...odd. Normal to those who lived it, not so to those who heard of it and never experienced it. She wrapped an arm around Naga and leaned on her lightly as she listened to Asana, who's explanation sounded much like an interesting story. Sounded like this 'anathema' thing had a bad reputation... "That's like my world." Korra commented once she had a chance to. "E-except for the wood thing...but the other elements are the same elements from my world! And dragons taught firebenders how to bend, and the first waterbenders learned to bend by imitating the motions of the moon on the ocean to create the tides!" All bending found its origins in a teacher of some kind, only waterbending had a teacher that wasn't an animal...and even then, there were the moon and ocean spirits. The sun and moon thing also sounded similar...

However, even the people said to be given their powers by the sun and the moon had a bad reputation! Like Asana's power, they were said to have stolen it. Korra quirked a brow. "What makes them different from the people who got their powers from the dragons?" Something about them going crazy and misusing their powers...and as she went on, Korra found herself confused and lost. "Wait. Did they change the moon? Or are those just...titles?" She was knee-deep in a history that she had no context or knowledge of, and the best she could do was try to piece it together and ask questions when she could. Case in point... "Lawbringers...? Are you called that because your spiritual powers give you the ability to punish people or uphold the law?" Didn't hurt to ask, right?
    Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:19 pm

The woman thought a good few minutes about Korra's questions. "I'm not sure that there is, now. At least, not enough that it should matter. Repeat a belief long enough, don't question it-and then maybe, you don't see those different as people or human. You just... see them as other.' She spoke, crestfallen. "It's a dangerous thing to do, to deny someone's basic humanity based on something like this." She tapped her forehead. The light shined even through her fingers as she tapped the symbol.

She shrugged about the moon. "They aren't just titles-just as benders have elements or aspects, we have castes. Eclipses are good with a number of things-sailing, speeches, politics, writings, learning about the world... the ambassadors. Lawbringers were... given the strength to enforce what they thought was right. To fight what fights needed to be. To be eyes in the dark when justice isn't being found. To be the intelligencia, the investigators or inventors. A lot of what was known about them had been scrubbed from the history books, only leaving the barest sign of their passage. They weren't really... known, for a long time. Nobody saw them and everyone thought that they were all dead for good. I don't know why I got that power. I wish I did."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:10 am

No real difference between them...but if that were the case, how did they even know they were different? Just coming from someplace that was known to have their power from the sun? Korra grimaced, finding it a bit...superfluous. Of course, there was a 'difference' between those born in the Southern Water Tribe and the North, even though that difference just came down to where they were born. They were still part of the same tribe and yet...there was always an odd tension between her father and her uncle. "People will find any reason to fight... Any reason to decide someone is strange and dangerous." The ability to bend, the inability to bend...the Nation they were born in...even the element they could bend, all of them were causes for people to be 'othered' in Korra's world, and it all rubbed her the wrong way. Though Korra was certainly not perfect, she really tried to be nice no matter how one looked or seemed. Though in a place like Portal Breach, sometimes it was difficult... "You're right, it's absolutely awful." If Asana's world had their own version of an Avatar, maybe it could fight for people like her. Asana covered the symbol with her fingers, as if trying to smother the light though it shined through all the same.

Castes...? Like classes of people, and all of them named after phases of the moon? Her arms crossed securely over her chest as she leaned on Naga, considering that. "The only titles for benders in my world were usually things like...'Master' and 'student'. Any other title...usually dealt with a job you had, unless it was literally a kind of bending like lightning bending... I guess there could be other titles but...nothing specific and official like that." Lawbringers seemed to be...a dirty secret in Asana's world, any trace of them wiped clean from the history books. In fact, they had been assumed dead, which meant Asana...could be the last.

"So...being a Lawbringer makes you...really strong and determined?" It was different from the more... 'slinging bits of elements around' kind of powers she was used to. "Kind of like...pioneers and innovators among your people I...guess?" The Avatar shrugged, it was the impression she got from Asana's explanations at least. "None of that really sounds all that bad..." It sounded great, really. Not very flashy...but useful.

Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Asana smiled wryly at the young woman. So many things so familiar to her, so many things that were strange. She found it fascinating and a bittersweet smile crept over her face. "I wouldn't say that..." She placed a hand over her own heart and raised the other. "I solemnly swear before the deities of this world to share ice cream with Korra in the next twenty-four hours."

It seemed like such a silly thing to say as an oath-yet as she spoke, a hazy aura shined around her, her mark shining brighter, the power containing an incredible pressure and the warm light of the sun eclipsed. The vague sense of a protective presence in her aura became more and more present-a dragon of shining impossible gold and intelligent eyes coiling through the aura. Though it looked incredibly solid within the aura, it never left that aura. Symbols lit up around her hand and through that shining aura, characters that spelled out the authority to arbitrate and represent for the sake of others and the promise of diplomatic immunity, revoked if she should attack first, describing her as a holy envoy and ambassador. Warnings about breaking the oath and the sanctity of her diplomatic immunity were vague but dire, promising a moment of failure at the worst of moments. And then... it began to fade, though her caste mark remained.

She seemed no different than before, really. "If I don't break the oath, nothing happens. If I do? I mess up at the very worst moment. But the thing about oaths-be careful what you promise-or are promised."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:33 pm

"Why not?" Though the answer to Korra's question came in the form of a demonstration. Asana took a pose, a hand on her heart and the other in the air. Korra blinked at the other woman, opening her mouth to ask what she was doing before Asana spoke up. Of all things, it was a promise to eat some ice cream with Korra at some point in the next 24 hours. There was no commentary to be made, no comments to give because something was happening. The odd mark on Asana's head began to glow, brighter than before, and Korra could sense something big happening, at least in the spiritual sense. A haze developed around the woman, and the feelings it gave her caused the Avatar to take a step back. Within the haze appeared a dragon, coiled within the haze like a snake. Her own blue eyes caught the golden ones, staring, a bit transfixed. Foreign character appeared from Asana's hand, joining the dragon within the haze. Korra's arms snaked around Naga's thick neck, and the polar bear dog had taken a puzzled, yet protective stance at the 'appearance' of a dragon.

Finally, it all began to fade from their eyes, though Asana's mark still burned brightly. Naga and Korra relaxed, Naga's bushy tail resuming its happy wag. The Avatar looked Asana up and down before stepping back to where she had originally been talking to Asana from, as if expecting the dragon to appear. "So...you can make oaths, and you have to fulfill them." She asked carefully, to make sure she had gotten that right. On one hand, sure. It seemed like a neat enough power, definitely made promises binding. But if you made an oath that was impossible to fulfill, or harder than expected...if it didn't fit the constraints of the oath, like say, if Asana and Korra were unable to have ice cream in the next 24 hours? "'Mess up' how?" Would she merely spill her ice cream on an innocent bystander? Or would she spill her ice cream on the floor, leading someone to slip, fall and break their neck? From the way Asana made it sound, it was as if the consequences could seem small at first, but were bigger than they seemed.

A few moments of silence before Korra smiled at the other woman. "Sounds like we should go ahead and get that ice cream, then. Wouldn't want to make you break your oath."
    Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:17 pm

The young woman led her own mount forward. "It'll be on me." Asana told Korra with a smile.

She took out a curious necklace of beads. They looked... very fancy. Each bead seemed to be a different material, with a starburst symbol hanging at the neck about the size of a coin-yet worked onto that coin were silvery filament that somehow made the light reflect off it strangely. She hands it to Korra. "If you have spiritual power, try to meditate over this when you can. But for now... what do you think of it?"

In Korra's hands, the center piece felt warm, the small bits of silver somehow slick and cool compared to the rest. The blue bead was actually cold-yet she could sense a bit of the calm serenity of air-but it could be buffeted by storms. Next to it was a bead so deeply blue, it looked black. Still waters, the push and pull of water bending-it felt so familiar and homelike... yet not. Next to it was a white stone. The Bei Fongs and their stubborness came to mind, stalwart and faithful, even as they became hard to push back at. Next to that was a green bead-jade! The colored beads were all different kinds of jade! This one had the scent of the living earth, of plants and freshly cut grass-but also of belladonna and decay.A spacer piece was set on each side, each of the beads placed properly to keep it even-but away from the green jade and blue jade was the red, warm-even hot-and the direct and passionate power of that element was clear.

Yet strangely, the 'spacer beads' drew her eyes. Each was so very small, it was hard to miss. One mostly purple, one red, blue, yellow, green... yet all iridescent-shining steel that felt... auspicious. Each bead glittered with those five colors on white, the pale color somehow... reminiscent of Raava, perhaps?

She points out each of the beads. "These are jade. That's starmetal. Heroes of heaven like that one-and the pendant is of mostly orichalcum with a little bit of moonsilver. You can keep it. I don't have a use for it anymore." She sounded wistful.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Seeing Asana lead her mount forward, Korra followed suit with Naga, a hand cupping the bottom of Naga's muzzle and giving it a scratch, leading Naga to follow behind. The large white critter followed, tongue lolling out happily. "Really? Are you sure? I mean...have you been here long enough to get this place's form of currency?" At the same time, Korra really couldn't refuse an offer for some free ice cream! She'd make sure not to overdo it of course, and she turned to the other woman with a matching smile. "If you can get this one, maybe next time I can buy you something." With the food options this place had, it could range from a burger to ice cream to pie.

"Hm?" When offered, Korra took the necklace and rolled her fingers over the beads. Inspecting each little bead, she tilted her head. A coy grin tugged at her lips. "Oh, I've got spiritual power to spare..." Though the power had admittedly been untapped. If this necklace was good for that, maybe it'd be useful that way...? Each piece was rolled about thoughtfully between her fingertips, each bead made of a new material of some kind. Strangely enough, some of the beads had a different feel to it as she switched from one to the next. A vibrant blue bead felt...oddly cold for having just been on Asana's person, and touching it gave her a sense of serenity. Another blue bead, this one so dark it was nearly black, drew her attention in particular. A vast, still body of water...water as far as the eye could see and the push and pull of waterbending. All of it came to mind upon handling the bead, so very familiar and yet...foreign. A white stone, unyielding in her fingertips made her think of the resolute and stubborn mentality of most Earthbenders, Lin Bei Fong in particular seemed to live and breath that mentality. Resolute, sturdy, like the very Earth itself... Next was green bead. A jade shade of green, to be precise! Whereas the others carried feelings among them, this one seemed to contain smells. The smell of the wilderness, striking among the metallic and mechanical smell of the city. It was as if she had stepped into the greenlands, and Korra held that bead closer to take a deeper sniff. This proved to be a mistake however, as the Avatar gave a snort and a cough. The deep intake of air into her nose carried with it a smell other than fresh grass. A bitter smell, and a diseased scent, like decay. "Gnngh!" Needless to say, she quickly shuffled that bead along in her hands as if to make the smell disappear. The last of the jade beads was a striking red, and her fingers ghosted over the edges of it carefully as she could feel the warmth emanating from it. A grin grew across her face, eager. Perhaps this bead could help her coax her firebending into coming back...

What really drew her attention however, was the center piece along with little beads that barricaded each jade bead. The pendant held a starburst formation on it, and a silvery material seemed to have been formed along the top of it. The light reflected off of it in a way that she couldn't quite put her finger on, other than to note it seemed off... The pendant was turned about in her hand, feeling warm to the touch. The silver was slick, and cool in contrast to the rest. She rubbed her fingertip along the silvery edges of it before moving to the spacer beads. They rounded out each bead, making it fuller and more complete. Compared to the jade beads, they were quite small, and yet so intriguing. These came in five colors, some of which resembled those of the jade. The yellow and the purple were new, however, and even the colors that should match the jade beads looked different. A metal shine beamed from them, glittering and mixing with a familiar white...

So taken by the beads was she, that when Asana spoke up Korra jolted in place. Her fingers curled around the beads and her head snapped up to give Asana a sheepish look. The jade, she had figured out, but starmetal...sounded mystical. "Do they?" Guess if anything would fit the mold of a 'Hero in Heaven', the Avatar would. Blinking at Asana, Korra glanced down at the necklace and worked her fingers over the beads again. "Wait, really? What did you use them for before? Because...this doesn't look very cheap. It looks like it cost a lot of money, actually." Along with the spiritual connection that seemed affiliated with it. Could it really be her's to take and do with as she pleased?
    Tepet Asana
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Tepet Asana on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:39 am

The Lawbringer watched Korra's examination of the beads with some awe and wonder of her own. It was heartening to have someone with whom to share what was left of her world, even if they were a little different. "Things will be fine. Really, I mean it. I can at least swing one of those cones dipped in chocolate. I was part of a dynasty-rich and powerful. But that doesn't mean anything here." She spoke, sounding melancholy.

She lifted her hands and closed Korra's hands around the beads. "This is yours now. If you really feel bad about it, perhaps in time, you can show me your power. And maybe... we could be friends, too." She says with a shy but bright smile. "I think we could have a lot to teach each other."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 am