Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Stretching these Achy Bones

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 am

1:24 PM
    November 23rd, 2015

Today was an exciting day! Papyrus was alone today, doing simple squat exercises in the solitude of the stadium's inner gym. It wasn't particularly alien to see him by himself even if it seemed other - Sans was a busy person who had a lot of things to do alone in his room, or at least he seemed that way, and Papyrus was more than content to allow him to do his thing. Besides, who cares what he was doing when Papyrus was over here, training his bony butt off! Look at how strong he is already, he felt so powerful!

He was so anxious, standing in his full training attire, equipped with matching head-wrist warmers, a tee-shirt with words "WORK OUT!" printed on the front, and basketball shorts. He was ready and waiting for Olabisi to arrive with her friend, so that he could sorely disappoint her by beating him into the ground! Or, well, trying to anyway. He legitimately enjoyed fighting even if he wasn't as strong as Undyne, and the prospect of combat was always exciting. Maybe he could start up a human catching business here, if he improved? He was sure SOMEBODY would want human souls! Maybe a thought saved for later, though.

"I cannot take this any longer! I should set up a puzzle for when they show up, that will get them!" Oh yes, it was the perfect plan! And the perfect way to pass the time. Squats were fun, but his quads were already stunning. You can't really do any better than that, can you? Frantically, he began grabbing loose training equipment - punching bags, sparring equipment, dumbbells, and just stacked them all in the center of the room. Thinking himself quite the genius, he would leave a simple note laying on the ground before the massive pile. It read:

Challenger! I can tell you are a brave soul, coming to challenge me like this... Well! Lets see how truly brave you are! You are about to face the Great Papyrus in mortal combat! Prove yourself by completing this puzzle! Here's a hint: There's something under the pile!

He then bolted into the actual stadium, daunted by just how large it was. Still not as daunting as his puzzle, for at the bottom of this massive stack was... was...

Nothing! Nyeh-heh-heh!
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Re: Stretching these Achy Bones

Post by Olabisi on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:27 pm

"It shouldn't be much longer, Spenst. We're almost there," Olabisi assured him. She could hear his voice in her head.

Thank goodness, he said. This is still pretty strange for me.

"Oh come on, you know I trust you. If this isn't weird for me, it shouldn't be weird for you." The bandaged alien paused for a moment, chuckling mischievously. "Maybe you're just weirded out by the fact that we've only just started dating-"

Don't you dare say it.

"And you're already inside of me!"

Ola!

"Oh come on. I can hear you laughing in there."

I know I'm laughing. That doesn't mean I'm happy about it or proud of it, though!

The mummy looked around. This must be the stadium's inner gym. There was no sunlight to be seen in here. Perfect!

"Okay Spenst, you can come out now. It's safe."
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:39 pm

"Finally!" the Ectonurite explained, phasing out of his mummy companion's body. "You're not a member of my species. I can't expect you to understand just how awkward that is for me. It's really awkward!"

The ghostly alien looked around the gym, confused. Something was missing, something important.

"Ola, wasn't he supposed to be here? Where is he?"

"I... Don't know?.." she replied, shrugging. "Hey, what's that on the floor? Is it a note?"

"Huh?" The specter picked up the paper, perusing its contents. "It's a note alright, a note from Papyrus. He says there's something hidden under this pile of stuff that I need to find."

"What are you waiting for, then? Dig in!"

Try as he might, though. Spenst could not find anything of interest under the aforementioned pile. Was this supposed to be a joke or something?

"..."
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Surely, the cleverness of his own trap had paid off! They were probably going to sit there in that room forever, trying to uncover his secrets! Well! Little do they know! There is no secret! Nyeh-heh-heh-heh-HEH! Smiling at his own wit, Papyrus crossed his arms and stood triumphantly, alone in the center of the stadium. A little time had passed - not a lot of time, but enough for him to get bored of standing there, amusing nobody in particular. "Where are they? I would have hoped someone of such a high caliber could get around my little trap... OF COURSE!" He gave himself a thumbs up, his brows becoming more intense by the minute. "That's it! My puzzle is SO advanced, they are probably held within its clutches for good! Nyeh-heh-heh! Papyrus, you're a genius!"

He was pretty great, wasn't he? He stood there for a few more minutes, until he got bored again. Something was nagging at him ... but what was it? This strange feeling of frustration slowly built up within him, until he recognized it. "What good is this whole thing if they can't get passed my puzzle? Hmmm..." Marching back towards his gym, he burst through the entrance at the other side of the room, happy to see the two had arrived and even happier to see his pile rummaged through.

"WORRY NOT! I expected you to be hung up on my incredible trap, but do not fret! I, the Great Papyrus, am here to fight you anyway! Isn't that cool?"

Isn't it?
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:56 pm

"Oh! There you are," the mummy called to her skeleton friend. "Where did you run off to? Heh, I'll bet you'll be happy to know that you left Spenst here completely stumped. When he got to the bottom of the pile, he just stared at it all speechless."

"..Ola!" the ghostly alien retorted, slightly embarrassed. "Did you really have to go and tell him that?.. But yeah, I guess I was a -little- stumped..."

"Aww, I'm just messing with you, Spenst. I didn't really know what we were supposed to do, either. Now, go get 'em!" she encouraged the Ectonurite, lightly pushing him in Papyrus' direction. "Oh, and before I forget, Pap. Nice shirt!"

NOTE: From here on out, Ola will only spectate, though you might see some commentary from her in future posts by Spenst.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:04 pm

"Hey! Easy, easy! I'm getting there!" Spenst said, unable to keep from chuckling at Ola's enthusiasm. "You must really be eager to see me kick someone's butt, huh? But you know I can't guarantee that. I could still lose, you know? But anyways..."

The specter reached out an arm to shake the skeleton's hand.

"I guess you could already gather that I must be Spenst. And I suppose that you're Papyrus, right? Nice to meet you. Ola's told me all about how she helped you and your brother find a place to stay at the inn. If I remember correctly, your brother's name was Sans?.. That's right, right?" He paused. "Oh! Anyways, I'm ready to start whenever you are. Just say when."

Spenst
    HP: 60/60
    AP: 11/11
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 pm

(( Sorry for how slow this has been, final projects kicking me in the butt. I'll be responding much faster now, though! ))

Nyeh-heh! Of course he stumped Spenst, but it wasn't anything against the ghost - quite the opposite! Nobody has ever been able to best the Great Papyrus' traps and puzzles! Consider yourself lucky that Papyrus was being merciful, saving you from the eternal clutches of his devilish obstacle! "Yes, Olabisi is a fine friend! Of which I have many! But it is a pleasure to meet you, Spenst. I must say, I was not expecting one of my friends to take up on my offer for a bout, but it's all in the spirit of friendship! Come then, let us begin! For FRIENDLINESS!"

Throwing his arm to the side, Papyrus' scarf began to flow with wind that had mysteriously found itself blowing indoors. He called upon his weapon of choice, grabbing it from the nether - a sturdy femur bone! What was he going to do with it? Well, just watch! No spoilers!

"Prepare yourself! Here comes my mighty Normal Attack!" He announced, flinging the bone forward at Spenst. A classic attack, and a fairly reliable one, too. Not as cool as his many, many, MANY super attacks, but what's a guy to do? That wasn't important right now though. What would Spenst do, faced against such a terrific attack?

~~~

HP 60/60
    AP 11/11

Attack(s): Devastating Normal Attack!

Last edited by Papyrus and Sans on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:24 pm

The member 'Papyrus and Sans' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 1
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:24 am

KONK!

"Gah!" the alien specter exclaimed as the bone painfully grazed his shoulder. "Normal attack? You summoned that bone out of thin air!" But don't take Spenst's disbelief with your attack the wrong way, Papyrus. He was legitimately impressed with you! What to do, what to do, though? If the skeleton had summoned a bone to use on him, did that mean that weapons were allowed? Did that bone count as a weapon?..

"Ola!" he called to the spectating mummy. "Toss me my pitchfork!" And so she tossed it his way for him to catch it, allowing him to twirl it above his head in a fanciful manner. Hey batter, batter... SWING!

Spenst:
    HP: 59/60 (-1)
    AP: 10/11 (-1)
    Attack: Spenst swings at Papyrus with his pitchfork!
    Specifics: 2d/1c/1AP

PS: You should see what he and Ola are getting Sans and Papyrus for Christmas!

Last edited by Spenst on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:24 am

The member 'Spenst' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 3, 1

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:38 pm

A DIRECT HIT!

But of course it was, what else would you expect from someone as experienced and powerful as the fantastic Lord of Cool, Papyrus himself? He stood there, smiling with his perfect teeth and exquisite eyebrow-ridges. "Yes, yes! Arm yourself! I'll allow you any attack you'd like, you'll need them all! And arm himself he did, grabbing what looked like a large fork and trying to swing it at Papyrus. Such an elementary attack! It didn't even graze the skeleton!

"Nice try! But I'm afraid that it is my turn, once again! Prepare yourself, here come more Bone Attacks!"

And come, they did. He thrust his arm forward and two bones rose from the ground, trailing towards Spenst to strike him from below!
    ~~~

HP 60/60
    AP 09/11 (-2 AP)

Attack(s): Two Incredible Bone Attacks!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:38 pm

The member 'Papyrus and Sans' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 3, 3, 1, 5

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:06 pm

Ouch!

Spenst floated abruptly upwards as two bones erupted from the floor below, painfully punching at his tail. He rubbed at the offending areas as noticeable scuff marks began to form. Those were probably going to bruise later!

Note to self, the ghostly alien thought, stay away from the floor whenever possible!

By now, he swore could hear Ola giggling as she watched this slaughter fest. Come on, he needed to get a hit on this skeleton somehow. But how was the question. Spenst could vaguely recall the mummy mentioning that Papyrus had a serious thing for spaghetti. Now that was an idea! But would he really be so gullible?..

"Hey look! Is that a spaghetti stand over there?"

Spenst
    HP: 47/60 (-12)
    AP: 8/11 (-2)
    Attack: Spenst attempts to swing twice at Papyrus with his pitchfork while he's distracted, but will the distraction succeed?
    Specifics: 4d/2c/2AP
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:06 pm

The member 'Spenst' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 4, 5, 3, 4

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Papyrus truly was pressing his advantage - two more hits, right on Spenst's tail... thing! A relentless assault, of course, but what else was there to expect? He was the GREAT Papyrus, after all. Not the somewhat-adept Papyrus. He outgrew that title years ago! Although he wasn't stomping on the boy, it was clearly a one-sided fight this far in. What tricks would Spenst play to even the field? What kind of incredible moves did he have tucked away inside of his spectral sleeves?!

"Hey look! Is that a spaghetti stand over there?"

Papyrus immediately spun on his heel, looking for this alleged spaghetti stand. "Spaghetti stand? Do they put garlic in their sau-" POW! Just as he was distracted - what a dastardly trick! - he was struck by the ghost's pitchfork! "You used my love of pasta against me! You... you..." He recoiled from the blow, looking none the less dashing and energetic.

"GENIUS!" Pure genius. Who else would have thought to play such a brilliant distraction on the skeleton? Nobody, that's who. Really did deserve a commendation. But one hit was not going to down the future captain of the nonexistent royal guard!

"I applaud your triumph! However, it is short lived! Have more attacks!" More attacks were had. One after the other, he pulled bones out of seemingly nowhere to throw at his enemy, femur after femur after femur.

~~~

HP 53/60 (-7)
    AP 06/11 (-3 AP)

Attack(s): Three more impeccable Bone Attacks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 am