25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

What's In A Book?

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 am

14:30 || November 15th || Year 6

As promised, the beastman was back at the Sanctuary by 2 o' clock, right on the dot, and didn't have to wait long for Livewire to arrive. Once she did, Sutekh picked the mech up with ease and put her up on his shoulders, carrying her with little trouble as he set off to the direction of the library. The need to carry people seemed to seep through even to others, but the beastman didn't mind. "Comfy?" Sutekh asked as he turned the corner, the library in view right down the street. The urgency to enter the building became more apparent as he sped up the closer he got, gritting his teeth and pushing himself forward.

Climbing up the stairs and opening the door, Sutekh let out a relieved sigh once the door closed behind him, feeling the comforting warmth the library had. Looking up at the Cybertronian on his shoulders, Sutekh raised his arms and picked her up under her arms, then placed her down carefully. "Ride ends here for now." Looking around the building, Sutekh motioned to a directory, and squinted as he read the areas displayed on the map. "Hm... betcha he's in the occult section. I'd hope not, but he will." He gave Livewire a small grin before starting to lead the way through the numerous halls and shelves.

"Thanks for comin' along, I bet Al's gonna be real surprised!" He usually would, the poor guy wasn't really as aware of his surroundings as he should be. The beastman's hand shuffled through his pocket idly until he took out a jar with a cute robot mascot on them. The label said "Micro-chews!" and, though they looked like gummy bears, they were actually rusted (and flavored) pieces of metal. Sutekh handed her the jar and a small smile, "found these, by the way. Dunno if they're good, but maybe give 'em a try and lemme know. I'll get ya more if you like them." He did promise to get them both something to munch on, hadn't he?

He was nothing if not a beastman of his word!

Tilting his head at Livewire as they passed the Renaissance section, he asked with a calm, yet suspicious demeanor, "so, you gonna look up anything while we're here? Nothin' like summoning things, right...?"

___

((This thread can be replied to slowly!))
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: What's In A Book?

Post by Livewire on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:05 pm

And, as promised, Livewire was waiting for him in the Sanctuary. How could she be anywhere else! Well...many ways, she supposed. She could have wandered off and played with squirrels in the park, for instance! She could have taken an ill-advised drive to the outer district and gotten carjacked! She could have just gotten distracted by a television program! So many possible ways for Livewire to fail to meet Sutekh, and yet the child was right there where she promised to be!

Good job, Livewire.

The particular mode of transportation that Livewire enjoyed only helped to reaffirm that this was a great decision. She didn't know why people insisted on picking her up so often, since she apparently weighed as much as a bus (to a certain corpse, anyway), but as long as they didn't suffer for it Livewire didn't mind.

She didn't mind the cold nearly as much as Sutekh did, and as such only saw his hurried pace as more fun along the way. The child brushed herself off once she was dismounted from his shoulders and looked up at him, thanking him with a cheerful "Thanks!" as they stood in the lobby.

Livewire nodded with another bright smile as her arms swung back and forth happily. "Of course! I love comin' an' spendin' time with you two! An' I like helpin' my friends, so that's just two things I like to do in once!" The presentation of the snack was met with a curious Oooo as Livewire took the jar and turned it around, reading on it.

"Aw, thanks! I haven't tried these before!" She had honestly given up on finding any sort of "candy" that she could enjoy, instead focusing her efforts on trying to create her own. Rust-sticks were easy enough to create, but the energon goodies that Livewire had tried before would remain out of her reach.

For a substance that was constantly traveling through her body, Livewire wasn't too keen on experimenting with energon anymore.

She walked along with Sutekh, focusing on and eventually succeeding with opening the jar. The curious kid took one of the chews and popped it into her mouth. A moment was taken for consideration, and then...

"They're good!" Ah, yes. Consider it a success, Sutekh.

She hummed as the metal satisfied that snacking need within the femme. They were rather tasty, but what really made them special was the fact that Sutekh had gone and picked them up for her. For however slightly-awkward their first meeting had been, Livewire had grown rather attached to the guardian.

At his question, Livewire nodded her head before quickly shaking her head. "My topic this week is photosynthesis an' it's applications. No summonin' for me!" Now, if Alasdair had happened upon an eldrich being trapped within a tome, well...

Well...
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 17

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Re: What's In A Book?

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:23 am

Sutekh knew the way to a lady's heart wasn't diamond rings and roses. It was food! That was the easiest way to anyone's heart.

"Photosynthesis?" Oh boy, a big word he hadn't heard in a long while. He squinted a bit, ears slowly tilting down until they perked back up immediately, "ahh--right. Sunbathing, but for plants." Had he not gotten that, the beastman would've felt even older than he was, and maybe a little dumb... just a bit. One can only hold so much information in their minds for so long, big words that have little meaning to him was definitely one of the first things to go!

Passing by American History through several decades, ears rotating as he listened and nose sniffing Alasdair out, Sutekh scratched the scruff of his neck before asking, "so uh--what's the plant research about? If it's a big secret, ya don't gotta tell me. I mean, I like plants." They tasted good, but he wouldn't admit that out-loud. Not yet, anyway. His hand reached over to pat Livewire on the head as his tail-ring quietly chimed, the only noise that echoed other than voices and their feet hitting (and probably scruffing) the library's floor.

With his senses heightened to find his little friend, it was annoying to be taking so long. Where could he even be? How big was this place even? If they didn't find him soon, they'd have to find him... Sutekh's way. And that's probably the worst way.

_____

((Sorry this took so long to respond to! D: ))

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 am