Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Bonin' Around

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:08 am

12:00 PM
    Nov. 7th, 2015

Cities were, effectively, a strange thing for these two to observe. Their lives had basically not gone too far beyond their little village in the snowy mountains, and of course the rest of the underground where the monsters reigned supreme. Somehow they doubted that that is where they ended up - they can't have been underground anymore. Just look at all this... space! Even Sans was mildly surprised, staring around at the buildings that were far larger than what they'd anticipated, but perhaps even more compelling was the giant shape in the sky.

"Sans... what is that?" The taller of the two looked up, a hand cupped over his eye-sockets. Easing back into his usual smile, the shorter stuck his hands back into the pockets of his shorts, glancing up as well. "That would be the sun, pal." How did he know? Well, a story for another time - it was considerably more satisfying for him to watch his brother slowly realize that, somehow, they'd made it above ground. "Do you think Asgore captured the final human?! This is MARVELOUS! Oh, we must find the others!" He already looked so determined, so ready to act - and he felt it, too! It was truly a shame that he didn't get to capture that final human, but there was time to discuss that later. The king would need more soldiers now that he resided over more land, and he would be just the skeleton to ask for that!

"Come Sans! There is much scouting to be done! So many people to see! Places to go! Spaghetti to make!" Beginning to march forward, Papyrus began to blaze a trail for monster-kind down the unknown streets of human territory. There were definitely humans, but he was actually not too focused on them in particular. Sans was a different story - although it didn't take him a lot of effort to keep up with Papyrus, his eye followed each passing human like a hawk, but only the humans. It looked like this place was quite an amalgamation of both humans AND monsters, a rare sight to behold.

What kind of trouble would these two get into here, they both wondered?

Last edited by Papyrus and Sans on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Re: Bonin' Around

Post by Olabisi on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Olabisi let out an exasperated sigh of relief as she toted around her bag of newly-purchased seamstress supplies. Truthfully, the alien really hated going shopping. A necessary evil, that's all shopping was. Still, she was glad to have her new supplies. She was going to need them if she truly wanted to take up dress making, which she did. If the mummy managed to get good enough at the craft, she would consider looking into the job opening at the Victorian Lily. A job like that would surely beat mending clothes. It probably paid more, too!

"Huh?"

Ola stopped to observe a couple of bystanders that she didn't recognize. Were they skeletons?.. Yes, it would seem that they were! Judging by how they carried themselves, they must have been new here. They just didn't look like they had any idea where they were going. As much as the Thep Khufan wanted to go home, the desire to help these two out was too hard to resist. After all, if she didn't do it, how long would they have to wait before someone else did?

"You know, I was gonna say that you two looked like fresh meat, but that would be pretty tasteless, wouldn't it?" she said, approaching them. "Anyways, you guys are clearly new here. Would you like me to give you some pointers on staying here?"
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

It's not like we're lost, or anything!

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Their attentions were gripped by the stranger that walked up to them from the otherwise nameless, faceless crowd around them. "You could tell that easily, huh?" Sans spoke first, remarking about how quickly she noted their newbie vibe. Yeah, it probably was obvious - if not for their confusion, but for the fact that they were not the kind of people one would easily forget if they saw. Papyrus, hands on his hips, smiled widely at the stranger. "Why, hello there!" Bowing as if he had won some sort of reward, Papyrus quickly snapped back up, his excitement filling his inquisitive look with determination.

"I, the Great Papyrus, accept your offer for advice! But not because we're lost or anything, just because I want to! Yes, that's it!" Sans shrugged, quickly stuffing his boney hands back into his short pockets. "That's my brother for you. I'm Sans, by the way. Any help is greatly appreciated, did Asgore kill the final human? I always thought that would be more... unpleasant than this." The person seemed like a monster, so they were bound to know what was going on around here. Perhaps the help she offered would provide them with the answers they sought?
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:50 pm

"That I could," the alien replied, chuckling. "I've seen enough newbies arriving here to know what they look like by now. I mean, I was one myself at some point. Fell right from the sky! The name's Olabisi, by the way, but most people just call me Ola."

Ola couldn't help but smile at the taller brother's goofy demeanor. Papyrus, his name was. It would seem that the skeleton thought very highly of himself. This did not bother the mummy. On the contrary, it was better than thinking lowly of yourself, at least to her. A little self-esteem never hurt anyone. Wait a minute, what did the smaller one say about killing humans?

"Am I supposed to know who this 'Asgore' is? And what's he killing humans for?" The bandaged alien shook her head. "Oh, what am I saying? Of course it wouldn't make sense for me to know that name. We're probably not even from the same universe, after all. All the people you see here? They come from just about every corner of the multiverse."
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:51 pm

"Right out of the sky, huh?" That can't have been pleasant. Their arrival wasn't the smoothest but at least they knew it could have been much, much worse. Their charisma seemed to rub off on the stranger, identifying herself as Ola. Strange name, they thought, but they've heard worse. "You don't know Asgore?! What kind of travesty is this?" Papyrus looked particularly shocked, as if he was about to fall over from being struck with an incredible attack! How could she be unfamiliar with he, the King of monsters?

Maybe he should have let her finish, though. "Multiverse? Hmm... that's incredible." Papyrus was surely uneducated on the subject, but Sans was well versed on timelines and time travel and the sort - the idea of a multiverse wasn't beyond his intellectual grasp. "Well, where's everyone else? We should probably stick together." Springing up, Papyrus stood completely straight, scanning the crowd for any possible friends. "Good thinking, Sans! Where's Undyne, and Dr. Alphys, and all of those dogs?"

Well? Where were they?
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:30 am

"Oh boy..." The mummy rubbed the back of her head nervously. This part was always hard to explain. You never knew how well or poorly someone was going to take it. "Well, you see, there's no guarantee that any of your friends are going to be here with you. Though it might not look it at first glance, this is another world entirely. They call it Portal Breach, or even just 'the Breach.' Everyone you see around you, myself included, got here through these weird blue portals. It's been said that we're all brought here because..."

Ola paused, sighing. This was it.

"Our worlds were destroyed. For all I know, your friends, they could all be dead. But then again, maybe they're not. Not yet, at least. I didn't think I'd ever see my best friend ever again when I first came here, but in a few months, there he was, right at my door! What I'm saying is: Though it might sound bad, there's still hope. I learned that firsthand."
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:52 am

The duo noted her hesitation, just what kind of dark secrets were being hidden from them here? Well, it didn't take too long to figure it out. It puzzled them (no pun intended) to think that their world could be "destroyed," and yet here they were, in this strange Portal Breach. This was the furthest from home they had ever been, and to think that they're friends could be gone too... it was unthinkable, really. Besides, how could merely the destruction of an entire world kill Undyne? And Asgore? You jest!

"Nyeh heh heh! Good try, but I am not buying it!" Papyrus began, standing proud, dignified, and ignorant. "Why, I'll just call Undyne right now, and prove that that is a fallacy!" Sans stayed quiet, his eyes closed. He understood what was happening perhaps far better than most would assume, but he let Papyrus deal with it in his own special way. His brother whipped out his smartphone, thumbed through his contacts, and rose it to his ear. (He then remembered that he doesn't have ears. He is a skeleton.)

". . ." The phone rang. But no one came. Narrowing his eyes, Papyrus very slowly put the phone away. "Well, what happens now?" A valid question, seeing as though they were just thrown through a very large loop. Where do they go next? Who do they talk to? What do they do? It was easy to have hope, but it was harder to hold on to their determination.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:35 pm

"Yeah, I'm sorry to say that unless you have some sort of ungodly cell phone capable of extra-dimensional communication or something, you're not going to be able to reach anybody back home, wherever that may be."

Ola could see the confusion and disdain in the taller skeleton's eye sockets. She wasn't sure how exactly she could tell, but somehow, she could. After all, she was once in his position as well.

"What happens now?" the alien asked, looking down at Sans. "Well, I suppose you two are going to need a place to stay, aren't you? I could show you to the inn I used to stay in before I got my own place. Most people who are new to the Breach stay there until they can move into a place of their own. Some people even choose to stay there permanently. Can't say I blame them, though. It's a really nice place!"

The mummy starting walking off, motioning for them to come with.

"This way."

OOC: If you'd like, I can make a new thread in the Stock Pot Inn subforum. Or you could start it, if you want. Let me know which you'd prefer!
    Papyrus and Sans
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Papyrus and Sans on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:45 am

An ungodly cellphone capable of breaking all barriers of time, space, and practical reality? Don't put it past them, but the idea was already circulating around San's head. There would be time for pointless postulation on the subject later, of course, there were more important matters to tend to. Such as room and board. An inn? Well, it wasn't really their style, but what the heck, they didn't have anywhere else to go. This could be a trap but somehow they both doubted it, she was nice enough to talk to them for this long, she must be nice enough to show them the ropes.

"What do you say, brother? Should we get ourselves rooms at this 'inn'?" Papyrus looked down at his brother, who rose his shoulders in a shrug and started walking after Olabisi. "Yeah, why not? Gotta give these bones a rest someplace, you know." Although he disliked the pun, Papyrus followed Sans, who followed the mummy, who followed the road.

Who knows what would be in store for them next!

(( Indeed, a new thread is in order! I don't have a preference for who starts it but I won't be available for the most of the rest of the day. If you'd rather I started it, it would have to come tomorrow. ))

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 am