Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Spoopy Scary Movies

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:49 pm

"Yes, I found your statement very amusing. KITT was like a pet to the Foundation." KARR replied as he idled next to the cybertronian. He merely had not laughed in a long, long while. Perhaps never until this evening. But, he did hear Fear and Judge Mortis laugh plenty in the past, and there was a time that a chuckle had bubbled into into his voice during his banter with Michael Knight prior to coming to this dimension... Although the circumstances were far different.

The medic was right on both accounts, he still was here, and the humans that had been chasing him likely would never return. It was a fact he had heard plenty, but at times he could not help but wonder, given how Judge Mortis had managed to arrive in Gamma X later than his brother. However, he knew better that to linger for too long over it. It was officially over a year since he arrived, and he detected to doppelganger to his broadcasting frequency, or a secondary party upon his communications frequency that was anyone other than who he had expressly given the frequency in question. In all, it was pointless to waste processing power worrying about a dead rival when the bytes could be put to better use.

Like this intriguing conversation.

"It would seem you are correct. In the case of the Decepticons and their inability to do as their superior asks, even under threat of death... Your logic is perfectly sound." He affirmed after mulling over Knockout's explanation. "If the workers were not incompetent, then they were too busy seeking a means to their own ends to bother trying to make true progress, and vice verse." Much like how the journey into the thorns had gone, from both Knockout's recollection and what he had in his databanks from Fear's report. KARR remained silent while the medic spoke of how he was essentially collateral damage in both excursions, cross referencing and comparing the records that he now had before him. So far as he could tell... Knockout was barely mentioned in Fear's recollection. However, there was a detail that the medic did not see that the AI's driver did astutely notice.

"Perhaps you had not done anything, but not doing anything was also a damning factor, was it not? Fear told me about what occurred with the witch. He sought vengeance for what the group had done to him and his home. Jay had plucked out his eyes, A creature known as Bon-Bon uprooted the flower and killed off the garden within the house. While you may not have done anything to bring harm directly, you also did nothing to prevent it either, from what I was told." KARR replied evenly, a machine's methodical touch perusing the record of events as they had been set before his processors. As for the journey into the thorns... From what he understood the mech had done something under the influence. "You fed him hallucinogenic drugs as well during the second excursion into the thorns." KARR pointedly recalled. So there were a few reasons as to why Knockout ended up the way he did.

Moving on, now it was KARR's turn to consider what he would want out of the friendship. Indeed, what would he want out of it... A long thoughtful pause lagged after the medic's inquiry, the AI mulling over a question that admittedly had hardly been postulated to him. The only other person who asked was Fear. "For now,  I believe having someone to talk to and drive with would serve me well enough." he replied, finding little that the medic could offer him, but also deciding his friendship would be beneficial.

For survival reasons, of course.

As for the chassis, KARR did not mind obliging. After all, the medic did not seem to harbor any ill will towards him now that they had gotten to know each other to an extent. "I have a place where I recharge that I keep the spare body when it is not in use. We could meet there at some point and I can show you it. I designed it entirely on my own." Pride beamed in the AI's synthetic voice. "I had considered asking Jo for help with building it, but in the end I decided it best that I work independently." He explained, keen on leaving out a few small details. Certainly he had grown spooked at the thought of having to be deactivated in order to be transferred into a new body, but he knew better than to tell such an embarrassing story to the red Cybertronian. "Using the machinery in the Tech Dome, I had procured a number of extra hands to help me gather materials and assemble it." He explained, giving the short-hand version for the time being.

Sooner or later the next show was going to start and he did not wish to be interrupted part-way through his regaling. Inside the bathroom, Knockout was making headway with his maintenance, removing stains and dislodging debris. A thought crossed his processors regarding the earlier incident, as Knockout brought up the subject of payment.

< Judge Mortis could pay the damages, if convinced. They have means of acquiring funds, Fear after all paid for my maintenance numerous times. >[/color][/color]
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:28 pm

"He certainly sounds like a pet." Knock Out commented with a smirk. Blind loyalty was laughable that way. KITT probably served those humans without ever questioning why he should, or what he was doing. It was a trait that the mech couldn't respect. "That's one way to sum it up," The crimson mech wiggled his shoulders in a shrug. "But you pretty much hit the nail on the head! Progress was hard won, and occasionally that progress meant nothing in the face of the Autobots." One step forward, two steps back. It made the Autobots quite vexxing, really.

Not quite as vexxing as hearing KARR repeated the same rhetoric that Knock Out had heard from both Judges in the past. He hadn't done enough to prevent what had gone wrong. His lips curled into a fierce sneer, turning his head to stare down the TransAm as he continued to talk, ending it with a mention of the fragging drugs. The metal bits on Knock Out's shoulders twitched and bounced, optics narrowing sharply. "Don't tell me I did nothing to prevent it when the rabbit stole that flower from right in front of me. As for Jay plucking out the eyes, why should I stop him when I thought it was the solution? For all intents and purposes, it should have been." The Cybertronian was not a psychic, could not prevent something he didn't know was happening. He was not a Godly figure, even if his looks might point to such. Both hands curled into tight fists as he huffed. "As for the drugs, it was the ONLY way to defeat the beast! I was, as you yourself said, 'doing something' by attacking the beast and making sure one of our strongest fighters could actually hit the fragging thing!" An irritated rev sounded from the mech as he quickened his pace ever so slightly to get ahead of the car.

Still rather steamed, he nonetheless listen to what KARR required from such a relationship and gave a stiff nod. "I can talk and drive, easily." The less they said about either incident with the thorns, the better. As much as he wanted to put that time behind him, certain things still stayed in like a sharp thorn, ironically enough. Little thorns hidden where he couldn't reach, just wriggling deeper into his wounds. KARR had nothing to do with it, it wasn't his fault. ...Even if the AI took Judge Fear's opinion as fact with regards to the excursions. Aah... so KARR actually had a place where he stayed. Granted, it made sense...but it was hard to imagine anything but a garage. Wherever this place was, it was where the second body was hidden away. "I would like to come and see sometime." As for how, KARR had done it all on his own. With a bit of salvaging from the Tech-Dome. "Impressive! Now I really would like to see this."

In the bathroom, Knock Out eventually did the best he could do for now. Untying the cape, he folded it gently within his sharp fingers and clasped the dirtied fabric between both hands. The mech paused to check himself out in the mirror. Hm... Not as shiny as he'd like, but a marked improvement. No time for a quick buff. Shuffling his way out of the bathroom, Knock Out re-entered the little lobby of his concession stand and noticed with a bit of pride that the line had moved some in the time it took to clean himself up. As he waved to the employee managing the register, KARR considered the other's weight on the situation. < Hm... Promising, but I doubt I could convince him of anything. I couldn't even convince him to admit he was wrong. > Came the grumbled response. Shifting his way behind the counter, Knock Out made his way to the area he'd set up with a bit of assistance. A handful of clear cubes were stacked together, stashed back and away from nearly everything else. Inside of them was a liquid, glowing and a bright blue. His digits curled around the cube on top, lifting it up and holding it steady in his servoes along with the folded cape. The former medic sneaked a small sip from the edge of the cube, tipping it so the liquid reached his lips. "Mmm..." He rumbled, feeling full. Holding both items tightly, he began to leave the kitchen area. A couple of the customers in line were humming and bobbing to the tune of the music.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:53 am

Just as KARR had summed up the decepticons, Knockout had just about summed up FLAG's 'pride and joy'. Three thousand pounds and a few million dollars worth of wasted potential. All for the sake of having a tool that the humans of that place deemed safe enough to employ as they wished without repercussions. How unfortunate then that it often felt as if he were in the position of the Decepticons and KITT was the Autobot who managed to stay one step ahead.

Oh, was that a sneer?

KARR's optics observed as the cybertronian medic faced him, staring with narrowed optics and twitching, bouncing shoulders. Apparently Knockout was a very active emoter. Although... KARR honestly had not seen any expression of anger like that since he had arrived here, granted his usual companions either had a grinning helmet for a head or a sheep's skull. Regardless, KARR had successfully summoned the big red temper tantrum. Woe be to those caught in Knockout's flamboyant fury!

Woe to their patience, than their well being.

"I see now, my mistake," KARR began once Knockout finished his heated diatribe. "You did not fail to do anything, you simply failed to do anything intelligent. As did the rest of the group. Say what you will, but for a machine that prides himself on standing out, you certainly made a habit of following others." The AI calmly retorted, letting the mech walk forward and past him. "Following may have helped you when you worked for the Decepticons, but here it pays to stand out. At times, that means taking the unpopular opinion, or siding with what is considered to be an unfavorable group." Granted, KARR technically was following when he decided to work with Fear for the sake of his well being, but he certainly did not play lackey to the omnicidal undead by any means. Regardless, there was a reason why Fear and his brother were still around, having gathered strength and allies to boot, and he had hardly heard a single whisper of what happened to the rest of that group since they left the thorns.

To put it simply, it paid to be loud where it counted.

However, KARR's own engine revved and he regained his place at Knockout's side. If the mech can talk and drive easily enough, then that settled it! "Very well, we can be friends." he gladly agreed, so long as the medic could handle the two-toned machine's sass. The AI's loyalties laid primarily with the two undeads, as they took care of his needs, but in time... Likely he could vouch for the cybertronian in an argument as well. So long as his actions were logically sound. As for where he kept the secondary chassis... KARR was confident that Knockout would behave should he give him the address. After all, his vehicle chassis was far more lethal than the bipedal one. "Pick a day, Knockout. Since Fear retired, the majority of my time is free. We could meet here, and I can lead you to where I keep it." KARR offered, rather pleased with how quickly he managed to impress an automaton that was supposedly far more advanced than he. There really was no beating a prototype.

From outside the building, KARR continued to monitor Knockout's progress, the mech now moving from the bathroom over into the concession area. Though he could discern little from his primary optics, he could tell from his surveillance mode that the bright red mech was making his way behind the counter... Along with a very interesting energy reading. He directed his scanners upon it, all the while continuing his conversation with Knockout. < You could, if you give a proper argument with evidence. Fear is a man of the law, he has his own codes and ways of deducing right or wrong. > KARR relayed, undeterred by the mech's grumbling. < Not to mention, you are not the only one Judge Mortis has disrespected. I still have my own objections to what he did to my interior. > And right after he had shown him such charity, no less. If fear would no at least scold his brother for the conduct shown towards the Drive-In, he would certainly swat that fool upon his bony snout for upsetting their most destructive asset. His scans deduced that the liquid was indeed energon, the same fluids he had managed to bleed from the mech during their first race.

As he noted Knockout returning from the concession stand, KARR started up his turbines one more, but did not idle forth from the shadow of the building just yet. Perhaps he was going to come out from the building, or perhaps he still had business to conduct.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Many responses had been expected, but KARR's gentle admission that he had been wrong was not something Knock Out had anticipated. In his experience, it was not often that one admits being wrong, especially in the face of anger. Just earlier, Mortis had refused to admit any fault and used his badge to punish and push himself upon the mech! Of course, KARR's admission was a double-edged sword as he 'corrected' himself. The angry gaze flattened into a look of annoyance. "Yeah, sure, I failed to do anything intelligent. Getting information, attempting to charm the flower into giving us the pedals, fixing Livewire's optics... I might as well have not been there, huh?" It came out in a biting tone as the Trans-Am went on to lecture him about taking sides and initiative. A barking laugh came out, his face almost amused. As if his very face-plates inquired 'are you serious?'. "I sided with the Judges numerous times! A group, need I remind you, that isn't very popular. You don't know what you're talking abut KARR. I don't follow blindly like a lost little lamb! Every decision I made, was because I thought it was right. Me. Nobody else! I'd like to see you make better decisions on limited time and limited information!" As far as Knock Out was concerned, they had been set up to fail, and to hear KARR repeat old rhetoric from a cycles old mistake was like being slammed over and over into that fragging sweeper train again.

How ironic it was to agree to be friends after such a heated little discussion, like an irritated twinge along his metal spine. Still, even though he was annoyed he couldn't imagine just dumping the Trans-Am and moving on without him. A real connection had been struck, and if Knock Out could weather Starscream and his antics, surely he could take a bit of unneccessary critique from the AI. "Friends it is." The former medic agreed, an undercurrent of fatigue in his voice. Friends did disagree sometimes, yes? Not even Breakdown could be on Knock Out's good side all the time. Pick a day, any day, was it? Hmm... "During the day would be best for me. I think Monday would actually work out, and meeting here would be very useful!" How interesting it'd be to see what sort of body KARR would create for himself.

Leaning lightly upon the counter, his crimson optics stared down into his drink as Knock Out let out a tentative hum. A proper argument with evidence? < I suppose you can't get better evidence than a battered trash can... It is literally a result of his actions. With that, and your word, maybe Fear could listen to us. > Of the brothers, he was the most reasonable. In the face of evidence and testimonials, how could he refuse to listen? Ready to return to KARR, the mech breezed through the concession stand area with heavy and clunky footfalls. A couple of greetings were exchanged, the customers in line recognizing him from earlier when he handed out flyers. Polite as a mech with a mission could be, he returned the greetings as he left, tossing over a metal shoulder, "Enjoy your refreshments, and the next show! It should be starting soon!" Stepping though the glass doors, he made a beeline for the Trans-Am who's engine was already purring in anticipation. With a cheeky grin and a tilt of his helm, Knock Out's voice came out in a jovial tone. "Are those your turbines, or are you just happy to see me?"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:02 am

Alas, while the AI's emotions could get the better of him -and had in the past- he was not about to lose his cool over this particular topic. Knockout, however... KARR's scanners observed his features crinkling into an annoyed expression as he realixed that his earlier admission had not been as simple as he may have considered earlier. However, he had to admit, this was the first time he heard about the matter regarding Knockout attempting to charm the flower, getting information, and fixing Livewire's optics. He filed the information away for future reference.

"I have not heard about these events." KARR replied, thoughtful as he integrated the new information into what he knew of the excursion into the thorny forest and the red queen's kingdom. The medic laughed next, his face looking almost amused if not for his tone. He sided with Fear and Mortis numerous times, he refused to follow blindly. Yet, as he listened, and cross referenced what he knew from Fear's retelling of the excursion to the cottage... "I revise my earlier statement, Knockout. You may not follow blindly, but not all of your decisions that are made in what you thought was right were always wise. The flower, for example." He rumbled, calm and waxing philosophical as they idled along. "As and example and an answer to your proposed statement, I would have questioned it being in the middle of a room, with a tree for a guardian. Important things placed obviously about a room instead of hidden away where such risks like your party would not have come to pass seem suspicious. I said it before when Fear had told me the story and I will say it to you, someone set up that house out there, and meant for you all to do what was 'considered right', for the sake of setting off an elaborate trap." He paused for a moment as they idled, processing the information he had within his databanks before adding, "Did you not find the methods for getting the ingredients for that serum odd?" A genuine question, for he only had heard Fear's side of the story until now.

While Knockout may have found the dicussion tiring, irritating, even; KARR held no such feelings towards it. For him it was in the past, and since it did not happen to him, it was similar to reviewing events from a distance, picking apart the flaws and finding a more efficient, effective solution for the future. "I hope our discussion is not giving you second thoughts about our arrangement." The AI piped up as he noticed the fatigue in Knockout's voice. Though KARR was not one to usually back down from pointing out the logistical flaws in another's actions, it would be the first time that got in the way of anything.

With his track record, usually people stopped being friends with him the moment they figured out he was comfortable with theft and outright murder.

"Very well, we will meet here on Monday, in the afternoon." He agreed, pleased with the arrangement.

As for their testimonial, KARR had yet another peice of evidence to stack against the sheep-skulled fiend. < I had witnessed everything as well, Knockout. Should I wish to, I can bring up a video and audio file of the entire event. > It was not a matter of could Fear listen, as more a matter of when would they bring it up to him so he would see what they had to offer and listen to them. With all that was stacked in their favor, Judge Mortis would have to pay in some form or another. < I am certain he will listen to us without question after we present what we know. >

It was two to Judge Mortis' one.

The mech came lumbering out from the concession stand, greeting the patrons as he passed them by, before returning to him. KARR idled forward as he saw him approach, before turning to resume his place at his side once more. So the next show would be starting soon then? Good, he wanted to know what this Night of the Living Dead was about, and why it irritated beings like the Dark Judges so. Aside from the information that zombies were essentially thralls and the two undeads who he had worked with were far more intelligent.

"Are those your turbines, or are you just happy to see me?"

"You heard my turbines. I started them up as I noticed you start to near the entrance of the building so I may meet with you." He replied casually. "But you are correct as well that I am pleased to see you, prime viewing of the movie is where our parking spaces are. Now that you are here, we can return." He added, a grin evident upon his voice.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:20 pm

"Of course you haven't, because you only have one side of the story! And leaving out all of the useful things I've done definitely makes me look foolish." Hearing that KARR had apparently only learned about Knock Out's mistakes and none of the good stuff just made the former medic annoyed. He nearly tapped his ped in annoyance as he waited for KARR's verdict and it wasn't any better when he heard the conclusion the Trans-Am came to. "OF COURSE IT WAS SUSPICIOUS! WE KNEW IT WAS SUSPICIOUS! WE DIDN'T WANT TO BE SHOVED INTO MAKING DECISIONS BUT PEOPLE DIED IF THEY DIDN'T PLAY ALONG!" The crimson clenched both servoes, bringing them down to his sides in an aggressive fashion. "Do you think we WANTED to enter a strange cottage in the middle of the forest?! We thought it was SUSPICIOUS AND DANGEROUS! But the thorns were surrounding us and something even THREW ME A SHRINKING POTION to nudge me into the house! That's REMARKABLE convenient!" A talon pointed at KARR, the mech gritting and scowling as he stared KARR down. "Nothing made sense there but there was NOTHING ELSE WE COULD DO. In hindsight, we could have done more but until then, we were being killed off unless we obeyed! Now you will let this go. You don't get to browbeat me over my decisions when you weren't there!" A deep huff sounded, and the mech tore his gaze away from KARR for a moment as if deeply insulted. He was not a fan of such condescending questions. 'Didn't he find the whole process of making the potion odd'...bah! Like an insult to his very intelligence!

"I hope our discussion is not giving you second thoughts about our arrangement."

Steadily, Knock Out's temper cooled off. He wasn't quite happy with the Trans-Am, but he certainly wasn't upset enough to call it quits. Glancing at the other out of the corner of his optics, a deep sigh huffed out of his vents. "I don't appreciate your obviously biased view of that adventure, but... No, it isn't giving me second thoughts. Friends will disagree, even over stupid things." A simple fact of life, honestly. Tension in his shoulders seemed to fade as he sighed again. Sounding a bit more genuine, he turned to look at his companion. "That entire thing was a huge mistake, and I'd rather put it behind me. I don't like what occurred out there, and having you lecture me about what I could have done... It's not like you telling me everything I already know is going to change anything, now is it?" It almost made him wonder why exactly the AI wanted to put his own two cents into it anyway. Was he really just that nosy? "Monday afternoon, sounds great!" It was an agreement, then. The mech would remember to make a note about it.

At KARR's addition, Knock Out couldn't help a chuckle. < Do you record everything at all times? I must admit, it is rather useful! By all means, then... Please share those files with him to back our claims up. > Indeed, with such evidence, how could Fear deny what had happened? The mech nodded his agreement, before realizing that KARR likely wouldn't see it. < Exactly. We have logic and facts on our side! > Not a bad thing to have, either.

Returning to KARR outside of the concession stand, the crimson mech rolled his optics in a good-natured fashion. As smart as he was, the AI had a very literal processor. Rather than explain the joke, he gave the other a small nod. "I am pleased to see you as well!" So long as a certain subject did not come up again, of course. Shifting the cube so that he was holding it securely with both servoes, the folded cape beneath and within his palms. Peeking around the cube of glowing fluid, he looked at the Trans-Am. "Ready when you are!" Hopefully no one would try to claim their parking space, as he could spy a few cars driving in from the highway.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Oh dear, KARR had certainly made a boo-boo. In the moments it took for Knockout to listen to the AI's response, all that had been accomplished was that the Cybertronian was now nearly frothing energon from the mouth with the vehemence in his retort. Servos clenched, his face turned to a scowl, and a foot tapped tinnily against the ground in annoyance.

"OF COURSE IT WAS SUSPICIOUS! WE KNEW IT WAS SUSPICIOUS! WE DIDN'T WANT TO BE SHOVED INTO MAKING DECISIONS BUT PEOPLE DIED IF THEY DIDN'T PLAY ALONG!"

Oh.

Well that certainly opened the AI's optics. Many things were adding up to it being a trap, but they had no choice but to enter the house. Nothing made sense, nothing could be done, and disobedience was repaid with an untimely demise. "I see where you would decide I am wrong, then." the AI replied, decidedly taken aback by Knockout's outburst. Hopefully he was not going to toss him out of the theatre for this... But instead of the irate medic removing his shrinking ring with a whip of his wrist and flinging his two-toned form to the moon, there was only a further reprimanding.

"You have made your point, Knockout." KARR replied calmly, an attempt to calm his movie-going companion down evident. "We do not need to discuss it further." His smooth rumble took a more soothing tone, perhaps later on Knockout could give the AI the full story from his perspective to balance off his decidedly 'biased' interpretation. To his relief, Knockout did not seem ready to call off their friendship, as he turned to look at him again with a huff. Even over stupid things friends would disagree, yes, but sometimes those disagreements had severe consequences.

Like Tony knocking The Rev over the head with a beer bottle.

Likewise, nothing that could be discussed would change what happened in the past, and thus it was pointless to talk about what happened in those woods. "I see the logic in that." KARR replied evenly, the light upon the vehicle's nose pacing methodically from side to side. Of course, the AI knew that without a bit of extra effort, likely the medic was going to remain a little sour about it for the rest of the evening. "My apologies for upsetting you, Knockout. I had not realized events were as complicated as you said they were. Surely such a trying situation would have drove anyone completely mad." KARR rumbled, pausing a moment before adding, "Including me." Fear could call the AI's efforts lip-service all he wanted, but if it meant keeping someone on his side, he would compliment and weave those dulcet tones of his all day and night.

< Of course, everything that I detect across my sensors or analyszed by my processors is stored in my internal memory. I have over one-thousand megabits of space devoted to it. > He haughtily replied, assured in his superior engineering. If he did not commit everything to record, how would he be an artificial intelligence? Much like Knockout's nod, which he unfortunately was unable to witness. It would have been worth committing to his databanks.

Though his literal perception was useful in his logical interpretation of his surroundings, when it came to some social nuances, a few things were lost to him. Perhaps in time it would be easier to pick up on them, but for now Knockout's movie-companion was a very literal soul. As promised, the thorny woods were not touched upon, as the AI and cybertronian made their way back to their parking spot. When given the go-ahead, KARR rolled forward, keeping his pace with the red space robot. His own optics followed his red-eyed gaze, out towards the highway. Ah, yes, there were more customers coming in. Though he did not pay the possibility of thier spot being taken much mind, he did wonder about something regarding the medic's vocation.

"Will you have to go greet these ones as well, or are you out of fliers?" He asked, inwardly hoping that would not be the case. Though the AI was not against watching the 'flicks' by himself, it was nice to watch them with Knockout.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:55 pm

KARR's response drew a curled sneer from the mech, crimson optics reflecting an almost puzzled look. Only Shockwave had ever been such a stern and stoic opponent in the field of argument. To say Knock Out was not used to such a logical response was...an understatement. Tantrums, violence, even an escalation of the situation were all expected. But KARR? The result was a slight deflation of the former medic. Even moreso when the AI calmly insisted that Knock Out had made his point, and didn't need to go on. Did he sound as if he was...trying to sooth him? A metallic brow raised, before the mech crossed his arms over his chassis. "Hmph, alright. Glad we've come to an agreement." For as angry as the Trans Am had made him, it seemed that his impassioned response had managed to make KARR back down. For the best, because he felt as if his parts were going to unscrew and shoot off across the property like projectiles. If he could go for the rest of his life without ever discussing those events...it'd be too soon.

When the Trans Am spoke again, it was clipped and measured. Obviously trying to make sure he didn't set Knock Out off with another stray comment. Only the apology had the crimson mech melting a bit, body position no longer rigid and stiff. Knock Out peered out of the corner of his optics, arms drooping as they remained crossed over his middle. Admitting that he was wrong had to be hard for KARR, especially so to say that he would have been driven mad by the experience. A dry chuckle huffed out from between his facial plates. "Maddening is a word for it, Primus..." Even more maddening to be persistently put down for his choices. Alas, KARR's olive branch would not be snapped over a knee and discarded to a fireplace. Swallowing a bit of pride, the mech faced KARR more directly. His gaze focused on the darkened windshield rather than the tracking light on the front. "I accept you apology. I know you weren't...trying to get under my plating. It's just...as you said, it was maddening. Even my attempt to make up for my mistakes blew up in my face plates!" Knock Out huffed, the entire experience was like he had been repeatedly bitten in the aft over and over. "I don't like being reminded of it. I've learned my lessons from it! Now I just want to let it rest!" Dying twice in the process had definitely made it an experience to forget as well. Whether KARR meant to or not, his attempt to logically discuss what happened was like he'd unwittingly lodged a broomstick into a hornet's nest.

< Oh? > KARR had definitely piqued the mech's interest. Processors and sensors? Definitely didn't sound like a video recording of the events. Metal brows quirked, his helm tilted to the side. < What would your footage look like? > Hopefully it'd be enough to condemn Mortis' actions in the eyes of the law. Obviously that medal was getting pretty heavy on the sheep man. Only Fear would be able to talk sense into him.

"Will you have to go greet these ones as well, or are you out of fliers?"

A question to consider, that's for sure. The mech hummed softly in thought, sneaking a quick sip of his cube as he considered it. A small metal tongue flicked out to like the glowing blue fluid off of his facial plates. Should he leave KARR to visit his customers? Shrugging carelessly, Knock Out flashed the Trans Am a wry grin. "There are some flyers in the concession stands. I usually like greeting people in person but...I'm feeling lazy today. They can grab their own flyers!" His Drive-In, his rules!
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:40 am

There was a reason why KARR worked with Fear for as long as he did. If it was not for his offensive ability, it was for his -usually- cool reasoning skills to offset Fear's zeal. Though if the AI had a shorter fuse alongside all the destructive weaponry upon his chassis, the undead lawman likely would have made fast friends with him all the same. After all, who would not want to be friends with a rolling, highly advanced, heavily armored artillery wagon?

He had the makings of a best friend hardwired into his very being!

Knockout's posture seemed to deflate,, his shoulders no longer squared as he crossed his arms over his chest plating. Though the red Cybertronain still sounded a little miffed, he at least was not raising his voice and ranting like he did earlier. A grunt, and the medic stated he was glad they came to an agreement, one apology later, his stand-offish posture began to melt a little more. Though KARR tended to be haughty and prided himself on being especially intelligent as his engineers had intended... There were also times when keeping a friend was more important than being right. Knockout may be a machine like him, but at the same time he also was much different than the sleek black AI he tended to be more familiar with. He seemed far more organic, perhaps like a human in some respects in the way he handled certain situations.

His amber scanner paced to either side, observing as he turned to face him more directly. By now his posture had relaxed significantly, and the bipedal automaton explained the situation a little further.

"...It's just...as you said, it was maddening. Even my attempt to make up for my mistakes blew up in my face plates! I don't like being reminded of it. I've learned my lessons from it! Now I just want to let it rest!"

That last part especially rang in the AI's processors. Though instead of two undead brothers coming to mind, the two-toned Trans-Am pondered a sleek black form and a pacing red light. "I know the feeling. No matter what you may do, it seems as if your past is doomed to follow you without end. A Sisyphean endeavor." he replied. Granted, KARR did not try to extend an olive branch prior to nearing his second defeat, but all the same, FLAG never let him be the moment they realized he was still active.

< It would look just the same as a video recording, once I configure the file correctly for distribution and viewing. > Came KARR's simple reply. It was easy enough to have the files as is for viewing on his own monitors, but they had to be compatible to be viewed across other systems. Such was the strife of being a one-off operating system. < Judge Mortis will be found guilty of his actions with no argument. > He reassured confidently.

A wry grin flashed his way as Knockout considered the question, sipping his energon as he did so. Though his final decision was that of letting the customers get their own flyers. Admittedly, such a decision sounded like something he would suggest to John in order to get him to stop worrying about his actions and spend more time doing things with him. Criminal things, but they were certainly far more interesting than repairing boats for four dollars an hour. "Very well. The customers are able to pick up the flyers on their own easily enough." He agreed. It was not like Knockout was running this establishment alone either.

Still, it was nice to know that Knockout essentially was more interested in watching movies with him instead of diverging to hand out paper to the customers. All without KARR having to make any nudging or encouraging remarks. He idled along with Knockout, following the path they took to the concession stand back to their parking spot. Pulling into the grassy spot, the AI seemed to be on rails as he filled the tire imprints he had made earlier, not a single deviation from the prior route to be seen. Putting himself in park, KARR killed his engine once more, the whir of his turbines fading to silence.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:17 pm

Made sense that KARR would understand such a feeling. The AI didn't exactly ask to be created by those humans, and after he had escaped from them, they constantly hunted him down with intent to destroy him. The Trans Am's past had literally been chasing him down. A sly grin grew on the former medic's face. "Too bad I can't escape my past by going to a new dimension like you did." At least his past mistakes with the Decepticons had been left back home. Tilting his helm back up as he shrugged, a servo waved casually. "Oh well, no use crying over spilled Energon! At least you understand now. Mortis is another story entirely..." If nothing else, tonight had proven to the mech that the Judge was just not gonna mesh well with Knock Out. Too temperamental. He was not eager to find himself in the trash can in the future.

A video recording, oh how great! Crimson optics seemed to sparkle even though he could not see KARR from inside. < Wonderful! Oh, a video is the most incriminating evidence of all! > Both servoes clenched into eager fists, waving them about in the air eagerly. They had Mortis' aft now! < Great job! You really do think ahead. > Remind him never to get on the AI's bad side.

"Exactly!" Knock Out tipped his cube in KARR's direction with a wink. "They have their little human hands, or assorted...species' hands. They can pick up their own flyers!" Anyone who needed to ask a question could walk over to the mech personally. For now? He was busy. One with tires and the other with a pair of legs, they made their way back to the parking spaces they had claimed as their 'seats'. With an impeccable ease, the Trans Am backed up into his place and reclaimed the very position he had been in. Not a single patch of dirt overturned, or new grass flattened! For his part, Knock Out gave the cape a swift toss to the ground, and lowered his aft down to wherever it had landed. As long as it was out of the road, he was fine. Settling easily, the mech laid his elbows to rest upon his knees as the cube remained balance between both servoes. As Knock Out snuck a sip, tipping the drink to reach his mouth, the screen lit up with a black and white image country road. Ominous music rang through the air as the mech leaned in the direction of KARR. "This is even older than the first one!"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:38 am

"Too bad I can't escape my past by going to a new dimension like you did."

Indeed, and KARR was incredibly lucky that he did. "Just barely, Knockout. Just barely." He replied, the memory still vivid in his databanks. He remembered the laser fire, his own meant to kill Michael Knight once and for all, how it was reflected back at him and shattered his weapon. He remembered how they raced at each other head on, steadily growing closer and closer, the dust that rolled up behind them in the wake of their suicidal charge.

And then, as they turbo boosted, doomed to collide in mid-air and determine once and for all who was to be scrap and who was to survive... There was the portal. In one instant he was both freed from his constant running, and robbed of his chance to settle his grudge with his doppleganger. Alas, perhaps for the better, his odds of besting KITT were below 20 percent. Though if he were to collide head on, fully aware of his compromised structural integrity, his chances of survival were far higher. His body may not have survived the encounter, but his processor... So long as that remained intact, it was still another day that he was online, existing and aware.

And to remain intact in some way was all that mattered.

The silence from the two-toned Trans-Am was broken as the matter of Judge Mortis was brought up again. Indeed, the Dark Judge was a very temperamental sort, often he displayed a surprisingly fiery temper in spite of his icy touch. "If anyone can make him see reason, it is his brother." KARR assured, although there was a time not too long ago that the AI had made him see the folly of his twisted logic.

< Of course. When the time comes, we shall present our evidence to Fear and clear up this whole debacle. > The AI was engineered and built by the greatest minds Knight Industries had to offer, and he was well aware of it. So long as Knockout had him by his side, there was no way they could be defeated by an unruly sheep-skull headed undead. Even so, the way the medic clenched his hands into fists and waved them eagerly roused a sense of amusement in KARR's processors.

The medic sent a wink his way, along with an assurance that the patrons could grab their own fliers, with their own assorted appendages. "For now, you are on break." He added to Knockout's comment. And he did so need it after his first night hosting was met with being chucked in the garbage.

As KARR parked in his space, Knockout took his cape and set it on the ground, using it like a picnicker would use a blanket sitting on the grass. He snuck another sip of the highly energetic beverage, before KARR's optics turned to the screen in time to see the opening scene of the next horror movie. Interestingly enough, this one was filmed in black and white. A long winding road curled across the hills like a ribbon, and ominous music poured in through KARR's radio. Though as the a car drove up from the distance, the AI began to calculate exactly how old it was...

The car itself was... A Pontiac! Or more, a GTO to be precise from the front according to his the information within his databanks. A few of those were still around when he had managed to escape from the Lab he was held in, but he never paid them much mind, but now... He observed from one of his optics as Knockout leaned in and commented.

"Indeed, I may be able to date the film from the vehicle that is being portrayed. That particular model was manufactured in 1967. The film may have been made in that year." He replied, reporting his findings. "That may explain the lack of color." He mused thoughtfully, broadcasting in color was still in its infancy back then.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:43 pm

"True, that portal was a fluke... You can't really depend upon something impossible happening to help you escape but, I'd say it worked out well for us!" KARR would have been hunted down, rendered rubble by the AI that came after him, and Knock Out would have remained a prisoner of war. Their paths were forever changed thanks to blue portals. And now here they were, watching movies at the Drive In as though it was a normal occurrence. Nobody was after KARR, and he was as free as a bird. Life was funny that way. A more thoughtful look overtook the mech as he glanced around his business.

His business... A new life could be made here on Portal Breach. For the first time in many Stellar Cycles, Knock Out was free from the lasting effects of the Cybertron War. No Decepticons, no Autobots... It was a strange peace, but the freedom was something he'd been craving for a while. The mech was his own boss, he could do as he pleased...! Working only as hard as he wanted to, in this place. Working, not really for the money but for the passion of it, the experience of watching movies. Medical skills were useful, they served him well in the war, but Knock Out had never been serious about it. Not like Doctors should be. This place had offered him many things, and the former medic would always be appreciative. "Let's hope so." He huffed, for both their sakes and for Mortis'. The next person he decided to chuck into a trash can might not be as forgiving as the former Decepticon.

With a wholehearted agreement over the line, their 'silent' conversation seemed to be winding down, particularly as Knock Out returned to KARR's side. Fear was the easiest to talk to, out of the two brothers, though his experience talking to Mortis was very limited and pretty much all negative. They could bide their time. An even wider grin stretched across the mech's face at KARR's addition, pointing a digit at him as if he were saying 'aaay'. "Exactly! I am on break!" And surely, he deserved it. It was healthy to pamper oneself from time to time! Feeling much more comfortable now that he was cleaner, the mech settled himself into his cape. It provided a great buffer from the sand and grass. The image on screen was a bit grainy, understandable with how old the film was. A rather nice GTO drove on the screen, definitely an older model. He was a bit disappointed that the monochrome nature of the screen made the color of the car unknown, but as it was he could still appraise it admirably. It certainly looked to be in good shape as it drove through the countryside, accompanied by suspenseful music. Glancing to his companion, Knock Out let out an impressed whistle.

"Amazing. You could tell when the car was made just by looking at it?" Helm tilting to remember when the film was made, he found himself nodding to affirm that KARR's guess was correct. "Yes, I believe this movie was made in 1968!" Although a few older movies had color, it wasn't typical. The cheaper thing to do was film in black and white. "I miss the vibrant colors but, with it being faded like this it helps the mood." Made the peaceful drive seem dark and gloomy.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:31 pm

"Yes, it is... surprising just how well it worked out. KITT could have followed me here, and yet his signature never shows itself on my carrier frequencies, nor have I detected his homing signal since I have arrived here." He agreed, sounding a little astounded at the fact he had not seen KITT in years compared to how quickly the glossy black AI was set upon him the moment they discovered so much as a blip of his sonar. How long had it been? The anniversary of his arrival was the fourth of the previous month, landing the AI at a square...

Two years, fifty-six days, four hours and thirty minutes. So far it was the longest he had remained activated and mobile, and he was still going.

Part of him admittedly scanned every so often to see if he could pick up on the other computer's signature, if perhaps KITT ever came crashing in fashionably late like Fear's brother had done out in the swamps. His thoughts were interrupted by his movie-watching companion's comment, a small hope that Fear would be able to make Mortis see sense regarding his actions. Though, the AI was not so much hopeful as he was certain. "He will, I have seen Fear talk Judge Mortis out of his anger before." He assured, unshakably confident. And why would he be anything else? The files in his databanks that he had recorded were solid proof!

Metallic fingers pointed in his direction, a grin upon Knockout's face as he agreed. Indeed, it was a very well deserved break, given what had happened earlier. The AI said nothing, to agree would be redundant at this point. Instead, he redirected his optics to the movie screen, watching as the car pulled up the hill and into the drive of a grave yard.

"Affirmative, my databanks hold information regarding the vehicle's appearance, the year this particular model was manufactured, and the company that made it. If there are other cars in this movie, I may be able to identify them as well." Having a few of them rumbling around California while he was "helping" John did not hurt either. Granted, they were nowhere near as clean looking as this particular GTO, many of them served as a cheap first car, pulled from a used car lot and fixed a little on a stifled budget by the enterprising teen.

1968, however, was rather close to the release of the vehicle to the public. "Close enough." He decided. While color did make certain details of a film clearer, black and white served just as well to portray the story. However, KARR had yet to learn about this "mood" of a film, his processors logically coming to the conclusion that whether or not the film was in color depended solely on the technology of the time. But he had an inclination as to what Knockout may mean. "Similar to how John Carpenter's film set its 'mood' with the lighting, correct?" The AI replied, his voice quieting a little as the two character's started speaking inside the car.

The AI would not be so gabby for very long, as the movie began in full and the character's began to talk about their trip and how delayed they were. Evidently the girl's companion departed to the grave late instead of earlier in the day, and now he thought himself in right to gripe about it. Indeed, currently unnamed blonde woman, if they had left earlier, there would be no reason for him to complain!
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:36 pm

"You're telling me." The mech agreed with a smirk. Aside from the great timing, the portal that transported KARR onto Portal Breach also removed him from KITT's dogged pursuit. "I haven't seen a single Autobot or Decepticon the whole time I've been here! Despite her blue optics, Livewire isn't actually an Autobot. She's..." Hm. How to describe her... Frowning lightly, Knock Out rolled his servo around on his wrist joint as if that might help his processor come up with the words. "She's basically like a child, not really a part of the War that overtook our kind." It made him feel a bit disconnected from the femme, and yet her lack of faction was an incredible relief. Her experiences with Knock Out weren't colored either by seeing him as an enemy or as a former ally. Though it was all he had known for a long time, the former medic would be lying if he said he wasn't grateful to no longer be a part of the war.

"Hmm." Not that surprising, he supposed. Shaking his helm lightly, the crimson mech let out a soft sigh. "Fear does possess something of a silver tongue. Very impressive considering he probably doesn't have a mouth inside that iron bucket." He preferred not to think of a mouth in there... If his limbs were any indication, such a mouth would be awfully disgusting. Nothing silver about it! Thinking of it that way, Knock Out found KARR's confidence to be infectious. Yes, this would all work itself out nicely.

An impressed hum flowed from the mech's vents easily, arching a metal brow as he looked over at his car companion. "I can appreciate cars and identify some models, but the manufacture date? Definitely not something I would be able to tell just from a look." And not just because keeping track of human years was a silly idea for an alien robot. Memorizing the dates of certain models and cars he admired was different from KARR's method of picking the date just by watching a black and white film. Being made on Earth probably helped with that too. "I'd like to hear about the other cars. It'll be interesting to see if there are any oldie-but-goodie models." Sometimes retro style could be very admirable.

1967, 1968, it was basically the same. All it meant was that the car was bought probably like new, especially since movies took a while to be filmed. Perhaps the opening scene with this car had been in 1967. "Close enough indeed." Considering the time of Knock Out's Earth, this really was a very old movie. KARR seemed to be from the 80's, much closer to the date of this film. Gaze returning to the film, his crimson optics only strayed to give a quick look when KARR spoke up again. It brought a smile to Knock Out's face, the AI sounded almost like a true film critic! Perfect. He was becoming a movie fan. "You've got that right, KARR! Mood in a movie is crucial." In some cases, it could make or break a film!

Silence overtook them as the film continued, rendering any conversation an interruption. With his finish much cleaner than it had been for the first film, Knock Out found himself relaxing even more as he watched the screen. Starscream had definitely not been a fan of films, and Breakdown had never really caught on to them either. Whenever Knock Out decided to go out and see movies, he usually wound up watching it alone. But KARR...it seems they had the makings of a bit of a friendship growing here. A real movie buddy. The very thought made the crimson mech smile as the film continued to play out. It would not be the last movie these two would watch together.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:19 am