Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: Spoopy Scary Movies

Post by Knock Out on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:30 am

Good. Just as Knock Out had refrained from asking for details on what happened with Mortis, KARR accepted his answer and didn't ask anything else. Though the mech wouldn't verbally address it, his body language did relax, servoes relaxing from their balled up positions and his shoulders returned to their looser stance. Some subjects were best left untouched.

Humans seemed to be the best candidate, from what Knock Out knew of the AI. They both shared something of a disinterest in humans. Not quite a hatred, but a mutual sense of being unimpressed with some of their behavior. KARR had been created by humans, and if there was anything Knock Out had picked up from cinema, it was that humans feared what they created. Particularly if it grew a mind of its own. Mix that altogether, and it all made sense. The former medic wasn't even surprised to learn that the humans had actually intended to destroy KARR. He let out a sputtering scoff, waving his servo in the air as if trying to bat away a pesky bug. "Peh! No wonder you don't like the movies where the robots are portrayed as mindless destruction machines, that's pretty much your life!" Particularly since the only path that was taken to defeat the robot was...you guessed it! Destroying the wayward machine. Unfortunately, that had to hit close to home. Upon hearing that the machine sent after KARR couldn't keep up, Knock Out noted the lighter tone to his voice. He likely wore that as something of a badge of honor. An area where he could best the one that came after him. Knock Out glanced over a shoulder and gave KARR a smirk. "Sounds like this prototype copy was a cheap knock off." Nothing beats the original.

Resourceful was an apt word to describe Laurie. She sought out opportunities to fight back against her attacker, and tried to think ahead. As for evil, KARR surmised that it differed from person to person. "Actions do speak louder than words..." And boy, for a silent fella, Michael's actions spoke loud and clear. "I suppose if I were to try and identify a look of evil, I'd just compare it to the optics of those I knew who were evil." He added with a light shrug. Personally, he doubted that any could match the fire in Megatron's optics, that desperate and power hungry yearning that held no sympathy or mercy. "Oh yes, he's very resilient. He lasted all the way through seven sequels. You'd think somebody would have gotten close enough to slice his throat, in all of those movies..." Knock Out snarked in an amused tone, wondering to himself if any of those sequels were good enough to be shown. He'd have to review them in private.

An upgrade, huh? The crimson mech let out a thoughtful hum, dirtied cape flapping lightly behind him as he walked. "I'd offer my services, but on someone like you, it'd be best if I did...cosmetic work, rather than anything like that. Perhaps if there were any other Cybertronians wandering about, I could dissect their systems for absorbing Energon and work backwards from there to help you upgrade yourself. But as it is now...probably best to stick with what you were made to ingest." One major slip up and the damage Mortis had done tonight would seem minuscule in comparison. Moving onward, KARR's proud agreement tugged a light smile onto his facial plates. In some ways, KARR seemed so...young, compared to himself. Perhaps it was because he really was young compared to Knock Out. He allowed KARR to have this victory, keeping his optics on KARR's hood as they continued along their path. "Where do you typically find your hydrogen gas?" Kerosene was one thing, but the mech imagined that hydrogen gas and high octane fuel might be a bit harder to get a hold of. Then again, Knock Out had thought the same for Energon and look at him now! Serving it up in his Drive-In as a 'drink' for those who could consume it.

Silence from the speakers was suddenly interrupted, as an abrupt sound began to play instead. The simple tune of a piano. The screen flickered back to life, showing an animated little scene on it now. It was a movie theater, and marching down the center of it was a parade of concession stand treats with arms and legs. Leading them with a baton, seemed to be a little ice cream sandwich, wrapped in paper. Behind it came a huge tub of popcorn, carrying a sign that read 'refreshments'. Behind the popcorn was a cardboard box of candy and bringing up the rear was a cup filled with a bubbling, fizzy drink. Together and joined hand in hand, they marched down the alley. Their voices carried over the speakers, singing along with the piano.

"Let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby~ Let's all go to the lobby, to get ourselves a treat!"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:39 pm

With that touchy topic left to rest, Knockout's posture began to relax again. Though KARR had not minded pushing the medic's buttons during their prior encounters, he would rather not rile him when they were starting to get to know each other. Especially since free movies were involved. A scoff met his audio receptors, and Knockout waved a servo in the air as he replied. "Indeed, the foundation that created me preferred to destroy and replace me with a model that was more dependent upon a human pilot. Both of us were mechanically similar, our differences were only programming." KARR elaborated, although it was a bitter subject to talk about, there was something cathartic about talking about it. Especially with someone who agreed with him so readily. "You and I think alike, Knockout." Though the machine lacked the ability to make facial expressions like the medic could, he would find his smirk returned in the AI's vocal inflection.

Nothing ever beat the original, except for circumstantial luck.

KARR had to agree regarding Michael, his actions were the loudest thing in the movie. Slicing, stabbing, mauling... There was nowhere a person could hide from him. His own optics focused for a moment upon Knockout as he rationalized what he thought would be a look of evil. Processing the cybertronian's response, he found it to be logical. After all, KARR would have to say that anyone that reminded him of FLAG and its operatives certainly would qualify as evil in his processors.

Though he doubted neither KITT nor Michael Knight would have been able to evade him as many times as Meyers managed to evade dying. "Or had the sense to shot him in the head." KARR pointed out. "A high caliber round in the chest or cranium would be able to put to rest any doubt that he could live to see another sequel." While KARR had the means to know there were several sequels made where Michael Meyers lived to spread terror again, he was not interested in downloading them all at once and reviewing them on the way to the concession stand.

"I'd offer my services, but on someone like you, it'd be best if I did...cosmetic work, rather than anything like that..."

Alas, while the AI would not mind expanding on the different types of fuel his systems could process, he would rather it be from someone more familiar with his engineering to begin with. "It is a nice offer, but would you really dissect another of your kind so readily?" He asked, finding Knockout's generosity surprising, especially considering how they were more acquaintances than friends. KARR would have expected the offer to be made to Livewire perhaps before him. Another inquiry came up soon after, the cybertronian wondering where he tended to get hydrogen gas.

"I tend to purchase it from Jo, but there are simple methods to obtain it. I have found plenty of homemade water-to-hydrogen conversion generators online." He explained, his microscanners briefly flicking to the screen as it came to life with an odd musical number.

Were those... Human edible items prancing down the aisle? "Why are those refreshments suggesting that the audience eat them?" KARR asked after a moment of studying the animated short. It seemed strange that they would want to essentially allow their brethren to be devoured.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:38 am

So...wait. These humans created an intelligent A.I. system, and they wanted to replace him with one that was dependent on a human? To Knock Out's audio receptors, 'dependent' sounded lot like 'take orders and ask permission from'. Like a handler, or a superior. Knock Out's facial plates pulled down into a sharp scowl. "Humans aren't that great. Why do they want to impede their Artificial Intelligence's development and jobs with human error? Ugh..." A disgusted sigh finished his thought, as the mech rolled his optics. "Typical..." This group sounded to be no better than MECH, though at least KARR's makers only messed with those they created. MECH had no right trying to get in the middle of the Autobots and Decepticons, and definitely no right in trying to control either of them! The former medic gave KARR a sidelong glance. With a thoughtful hum, he nodded in agreement. "Great minds think alike. And besides, I'm just not that fond of a human thinking they're 'above' those like us." Not when they were so easy to smash and crunch beneath his heel.

KARR's suggestion earned a firm nod of approval, and even an amused grin. Shooting a gun was a step up from a stabbing, and quite useful when the head is the target. "Exactly! There really are so many ways to kill an organic, so why is Michael so indestructible?" Could the man be some sort of undead monster? Perhaps he'd give the Judges a run for their money. Or perhaps even join them! Judge...Stabby?

"It is a nice offer, but would you really dissect another of your kind so readily?"

A chuckle bubbled up from his vocal processor, the mech coming to a stop as he placed both hands upon his knees. "Hahaha!" Hunching over, the cape stretched over his back. Knock Out clapped his servo upon his knee, creating a soft metallic slap before he stretched himself back into full standing position. Ah KARR... If only you knew. With one last, elongated laugh, Knock Out snorted and turned back to KARR with a shrug. "What can I say? I prefer disassembling to reassembling." A Doctor he may be, but he had once been a Decepticon. He had even experimented on the dead body of his best friend, though that was to punish said friend's killer. If Knock Out encountered a stranger that would be of better use to him dead, he'd take the opportunity.

"Jo?" Resuming his pace, the former medic pursed his lips in thought. Jo, Jo... That sounded familiar... Aha! "Oh! I've never met Jo, but I have met his employee when I first came. A comedian named Zurg." The second person the mech had ever met here. If Jo's employee could be helpful enough to remove stasis cuffs with no questions asked, it seemed about right that the same was true for the owner of the shop. "The shop sounds like a good place to go. Do you go there often, then?" He had really only ever gone that one time, after all.

"Hm?" Knock Out glanced to the Trans Am, and then directed his attention to the singing food. He had become so used to it that he hadn't even noticed. "Ha! It's an odd human commercial they used to play at Drive-Ins all the time. For whatever reason, the humans like these animated foods telling their customers to buy them and consume them. I like it because it pads the time before the next movie." A black screen and silence was just so...dull.

On screen, the scene changed, now displaying a popcorn machine that was practically bursting with freshly popped corn. "Delicious things to eat!" Sang a feminine voice, followed up by a masculine one. "The popcorn can't be beat!" The scene changed again, now showing what seemed to be a human family enjoying everything the concession stand had to offer. The father, outfitted in a suit and tie, tossed back his soda as if it was going out of style. No straw or even a top! The son, a pudgy child in a striped shirt, nommed away on a candy bar while an older girl with a red sweater and matching boy in her blonde hair plucked out candy from a box. Lastly was the matriarch of the family, dressed in a black dress and with a hair style that reminded one of the 50's or 60's with its bouffant curls. This woman carefully grabbed her popcorn by individual kernels and chowed down alongside the family.

The sparkling drinks are just dandy~ The choco-late bars and the caaandy~!"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:43 am

Indeed, why a human would want a machine that needed their directions instead of making decisions on their own, KARR did not know. "I find the same question puzzling. The closest I had come to an answer to this query was they reasoned that my decisions were not satisfactory, despite being completely logical." The AI replied, noting the mech's scowl. Thinking it as a point toward his own defense, the vehicle drifted a little closer to roll next to Knockout, but not enough to risk scuffing his paint or accidentally rolling into him. The way he rolled his optics was an interesting display, to which he filed it away to observe later on.

He had never encountered an organization like MECH, but his experience with humans had not been very positive in the least. "Indeed, especially when many are not very intelligent. If anything they should be relying on us, not demanding we rely on them." KARR's vocalizer made an electronic huff, similar to Knockout's earlier scoff. Then again, given that the medic's background not being from Earth at all... Maybe it was not the same case with him?

As for why Michael was so indestructible... He took a few moments to look over the video data he had collected from the movie. "Now that I review the data, I don't see any scenes that suggest he ever lost any blood." KARR pointed out, "Perhaps he was wearing armor under his costume?" The possibility was not too far-fetched, given what he and Fear had encountered before earlier on during their work.

Although he had never seen a thug or gang-member touting armor for their heads.

Knockout was overtaken by a fit of laughter, forced to stop in his tracks as he slapped his knee with a plated servo. KARR came to a stop next to him, uncertain as to how the situation was so amusing. Was there something incredibly funny about taking another Cybertronian apart? Then again, perhaps it was that Knockout naturally was more inclined to taking apart another robot like himself that left him in stitches. "I see." KARR replied thoughtfully, mulling over his statement. As well, he considered what a very skilled technician had told him back when he first arrived...

"No doubt you've already experienced what I like to call decay; you should have felt weak the moment you arrived on the Breach...Consider it a learning curve, if you will. It's rather steep, hence my suggestion that you don't do anything foolish."

Trusting the medic too deeply likely would be one of those things that would be considered foolish, he suspected.

Though speaking of the technician, it seemed he had heard of both of them. "Odd, I had never heard of Zurg being a comedian." KARR rumbled, perplexed. "Jo is a very skilled mechanic however, as is her technician, Zurg. I've visited their shop numerous times for routine maintenance." He added, the computer's earlier confusion dropping from his voice as he went on. Likely Knockout simply was not as informed as he was regarding the horned alien creature.

The explanation for the odd commercial however was hardly so easily understood. "That is...incredibly morbid, and illogical." KARR replied, a statement that likely was odd coming from an AI that readily killed alongside a creature bent on destroying all life. Nonetheless, it was only a small detail to add to the many reasons as to why humanity likely would not be missed should it disappear in a single day. Of course, the greatest reason was how illogical the human race was.

Why a race would demand the use of currency when they could just as easily take items without needing currency at the same time was beyond him.

He watched the animation a little longer, mainly to study the different 'treats' that these humans tended to eat. He knew of basic human needs, and that had been expanded upon with Tony and The Rev's requests for alcohol, lobsters, eggs, and hashbrowns... But he had not heard of them wanting something like popcorn, or fizzy drinks, candy, and chocolate bars. "Humans have a very strange, diverse range of what they would consider food." He observed.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:56 am

The mech rolled his optics, though the action was directed at KARR's creators' actions rather than anything the A.I. had said or done. Not satisfactory... "It's poor planning. After all, humans only have 100 Earth years of life, take away about...40 years for when they become too old or are too young? They only have about 60 years of use, if you're lucky. If they were planning for the long term, they'd put more faith in your decisions and choices than in someone who could die easily and would need replacing as your 'decision maker'." Really, it was quite convoluted. Of course, the humans who made KARR were probably only thinking about how things would transpire within their own lifespans.

Knock Out couldn't help the light smirk, a pull on the edge of his face plates. Humans, relying on Knock Out...well. Suppose in a way they did rely on him now, for entertainment. But back home, they needn't rely on him at all. Merely get out of the way so he could do his job, or win a race. "Rely on you, sure. I'd rather they not rely on me or demand anything, aside from what I do with my job here. When I was with the Decepticons, we preferred they just keep out of the way or get killed in the process. The only use for them Megatron ever found was use as a hostage." As for a certain indestructible human... KARR was of the opinion that he may have had armor on beneath his clothes. "I'd ask where he'd get the armor, but we didn't exactly see where he got the mask or weapon from either... So I think armor may be the answer. If he was smart at least, he'd use armor."

KARR was considerable more quiet and thoughtful after Knock Out's bout of laughter, not exactly joining him for the laugh. The mech found his humor in the situation from KARR's seemingly sincere worry about how Knock Out would feel to dissect one of his own kind. It was hilarious, when one considered the deeds Knock Out had done and taken part in. Such worry for his well-being, as if dissection would be hard... Still, the Trans Am's lack of humor meant there may be a bit of elaboration needed. "Don't get me wrong of course, I do have standards... I wouldn't disassemble Livewire, for instance. She is but a Sparkling...a tough Sparkling but one nonetheless. But if I had an Autobot that I wasn't particularly fond of, I wouldn't mind putting my surgeon servos to use." Perhaps KARR would understand such a feeling.

A light chuckle rolled from his chest, shoulder pieces bouncing lightly. "I call him a comedian because when I arrived at the shop with stasis cuffs attached to my servos, he was full of funny little comments and snarky remarks. I don't believe I ever met Jo, though." The shop was one the Trans Am went to frequently for maintenance. It was good to hear that Jo and Zurg both were very knowledgeable. Perhaps if he ever had a problem he could not take care of alone... "Welcome to the world of Human Advertisement. Lizards are the voice of car insurance, food sells itself to you, and ducks sell health insurance." Humans really were quite illogical and strange when it came to creative choices. And even food! Indeed, at KARR's comment, Knock Out eyed the screen. "You think this is diverse, wait til you see a Thanksgiving spread. Though for me, the strangest food might be that 'popcorn'... You heat up a little piece of vegetable, it gets puffy, and they drown it in butter. What sense does THAT make?"

On the screen, the snacking family dissolved as the scene changed once again, revealing the concession stand itself that they likely purchased their food from. This scene was not quite so animated, as the camera panned out to reveal more of the concession stand and the young woman who stood stiffly at her station with a wide smile. "Soooo, let's all go to the lobby, to get ourselves a treat~! Leeeet's all go to the looobby...to get ourselves a treeeeat~!" With a few more taps of the piano keys, the screen faded to black and all was quiet once more.

At the same time, the two of them finally reached the concession building. Through the glass doors, they could see a line forming inside, as well as an employee or two tending to them. Knock Out paused, glancing between the building and KARR awkwardly. "So I guess I'll...go inside? And you'll wait out here?"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:02 am

Of their 100 year lifespans, only 60 of those years were of use. Compared to his potentially indefinite existence, a mere century seemed so... small. It was a wonder they even grasped at trying to control their creations so desperately, knowing their existence was so finite. "Indeed, it does not make sense to make a sophisticated AI if it is still dependent upon human guidance." KARR agreed, although Knockout's thinking, while close to the intent of his creator for shutting him down, was not completely on the mark.

Perhaps it was best it stayed that way, for civility's sake. The only one he knew who would take that news well was Fear, for obvious reasons.

Another smirk registered in the trans-am's optics, apparently amused at the prospect of humans relying on him. Interestingly enough, these decepticons sounded very familiar. In fact, it sounded a lot like how he preferred humans. Out of the way, dead, or proving themselves useful to him. "I can find little about these Decepticons' philosophy to argue with. When a human gets involved with anything, unless they are following strict instructions, there is generous room for error." If you gave them an inch, they took a damn mile. Tony's laments were still clear in his databanks, demanding he turn back to retrieve the jewels they had taken even with odds stacked highly in favor of them going back to "the slammer". The jewels and money KARR had ejected to ensure they would not get caught.

Oh, but freedom was not good enough for Tony. Being parted from his wealth was enough for KARR to find himself staring down the muzzle of a pistol, the man's eyes staring with an amount of desperation he had only seen a few other times.

One of them was when John was bargaining for his girlfriend's life. It was nearly intriguing how priorities differed from person to person.

Regardless, Knockout seemed slightly convinced of the possibility that the indestructible Michael Meyers could have procured some body armor. It was the only logical conclusion that the AI could come to, so far as he knew Halloween was not a movie about the occult or raising the dead. With undeath ruled out, it left very little in the means of knowing how exactly the man survived so much physical trauma. Meyers was a cunning individual, likely he would figure out how to protect himself from his victims.

Much like -to his surprise- Knockout as he picked up on KARR's silence.

"Don't get me wrong of course, I do have standards... I wouldn't disassemble Livewire, for instance. She is but a Sparkling...a tough Sparkling but one nonetheless. But if I had an Autobot that I wasn't particularly fond of, I wouldn't mind putting my surgeon servos to use."

The mech elaborated, and the AI listened, doing some dissecting of his own. He would not harm Livewire, which the AI was only mildly surprised. With humans it seemed to be the norm to keep them out of harms way, and parents usually were fiercely protective of their offspring. As for Autobots, KARR was unfamiliar with the term, but if he knew how Knockout and himself tended to act outside of their sparse civil moments... He could see himself as a possible target for disassembly. "Of course I would not accuse you of not having standards, Knockout. You clearly have set scruples for yourself and your surroundings. I merely wonder how those standards would apply to me." He replied, keeping an optic on the mech for his response as he rolled along. He certainly could understand wanting to rip apart someone he did not like, but the AI was also aware he could easily end up being someone Knockout was not fond of, given earlier... confrontations.

It would not be a new circumstance by any means.

Oh, so that was why he called him a comedian. "I believe my experience was different than yours. Most of the work done to my engine was conducted by Jo. She joked around with me more than Zurg, as my memory bank recalls." KARR thoughtfully rumbled. In a way it was almost the opposite of what Knockout experienced, except that Zurg was not absent. Oh no, especially not when the subject of payment for his maintenance came up. "Jo works with mechanics. I find her work very satisfactory to my needs." It was not everyday that KARR could roll up to a mechanics shop and find someone who thought his intricate systems were 'simple'.

Completely the opposite of how humans tended to advertise their needs, it seemed. Insurance lizards and ducks... That was a new one. Likely something he would not be able to understand for a long while. As for a Thanksgiving spread, KARR sought his databanks on the subject and came across... very little. As he had essentially come out of assembly just in time to be stuck into storage, his databanks were a little barren and his own research at the library held a definite bias. Now his curiosity was piqued, if only to know what made it as diverse as Knockout had said.

"...Though for me, the strangest food might be that 'popcorn'... You heat up a little piece of vegetable, it gets puffy, and they drown it in butter. What sense does THAT make?"

So they took a starch-based foodstuff, and covered it in a high cholesterol, high fat liquid... Genius. "It makes very little sense, but I have also seen a human that can survive almost exclusively on a diet of alcohol." The Rev was a very unique man, by his standards. One moment content with his presence, and the next calling him "lucifer's machine." There was no such person in his databanks that ever claimed ownership of him that he recalled. On that note, his attention drifted back to the screen, observing the still image of a woman at the concession stand, smiling widely. Though that seemed to be the end of the advertisement, as the screen turned black once again.

Up ahead, KARR could see a line forming inside of the concession stand building, a few employees working the registers. He paused as Knockout came to a stop inside of it, the latter glancing between him and the building in a manner that seemed uncertain on how to continue. "Certainly. We can continue our conversation after you are finished inside, unless you have a means of communicating via broadcast channel?" The AI offered, it was how he tended to communicate with other machinery over long distances or privately.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:21 am

"If humans want technology that doesn't think for itself, they should stay away from A.I. systems entirely. Giving something a mind only to deny it any sort of freewill undermines the point of creating an A.I. in the first place." If humans wanted subservient mechanical beings, why even create A.I.s? Primus, why put an A.I. in a car? Vehicles were already mechanical behemoths that had no freewill and no mind, only running as dictated by humans and a key. What group of genius humans would think, 'hm, that car needs a mind', and create an A.I. for it only to say 'alright now do as I say'? It was maddening... Even with the weaponry KARR possessed, could those humans not aim and fire for themselves? Did they need to have their hands held throughout the entire venture?

The Trans-Am found the ways of the Decepticons to be in line with his own way of thinking. The crimson medic let out a soft hum in thought. "I suppose you would actually fit in rather well with the Decepticons... Lack of robotic mode aside." Knock Out waved a servo airily. "All one needs to do to be in the Decepticons is to pledge their loyalty to Megatron, be competent in their work, and assist Lord Megatron in whatever plans he comes up with." As for the price to be paid for such stipulations being broken...? Well... Surely KARR could put two and two together. As for the human error problem, KARR must have had more experience than Knock Out himself, when it came to working alongside a human. Though he was an odd fan of their culture, he still didn't think much of humans as a race.

Aah...so it seems that the A.I.'s hesitation was not due to worry that Knock Out may slice and dice at random like a serial killer, but merely what that may mean for himself. A reasonable worry, if one looked at their prior interactions. Spark pounding races where neither came out unscathed, the two hardly traipsed around in a field of flowers... Crimson optics met the tracking yellow one, still walking ever forward and yet keeping optic contact with KARR. The former medic seemed to be thinking seriously about it, no sign of amusement on his face, and yet not dour. "Hm..." Eventually, Knock Out threw both servoes up into the air, shoulders hitching up into a shrug that made the end of his cape bob and flutter behind him. "I couldn't begin to tell you, honestly. It would depend on the circumstances... We're talking nice now, but what if we had to fight together? What if we were on opposite sides? I can tell you that I don't find any reason at the present time to disassemble you so...you're likely in the clear." A brief pause, before he tilted his helm at KARR in an almost cheeky manner. "As long as you don't scratch up my paint job!" The gloves would come off in that case!

So Jo was a joker too? How odd... It made Knock Out wonder what it was about the mechanic trade that seemed to generate jovial comedians. "Hm... The shop seems capable enough, yes. Good to hear the mechanic that owns it is smart." The Cybertronian seemed to hesitate before stealing a glance at the yellow optic. "What did this Jo look like?" Perhaps he'd seen her in person on the streets, without realizing it? As for the diet habits of humans, Knock Out had met several who, like the one KARR knew, seemed to survive only on alcohol. A deep chuckle seemed to roll from his mouth, shaking his head in light amusement. "Ah, humans... Killing themselves and their planet so we don't have to." And KARR's creators thought themselves so smart...

A broadcast channel? The former medic seemed to consider it. "Well...I do have a comm-link. Might as well test it and see if our systems are compatible, yes?" It could be profitable for the future as well. Curious to see the results, Knock Out recited to KARR the information needed to access his comm-link.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri May 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Exactly, oh it felt so good to know someone else who understood! "Agreed," He thrummed evenly. "And yet they had decided to create such an Artificial Intelligence, once that acts as if it has free will, but is bound to strict parameters." Something that sounded like a huff hissed from his audio projectors. "To think they believe it is more advanced than I..." Even Kev, the first creature he had met upon coming here, knew he was more advanced than that pale copy, and he described the world in vague phrases as 'this, 'that', and 'whole place'.

"I suppose you would actually fit in rather well with the Decepticons... Lack of robotic mode aside."

"...I could?" The response was innocent as it was slightly puzzled. He grew quiet and listened as Knockout went on, recording and filing away his statement for reference. So, all one would need to be a Decepticon is loyalty to Lord Megatron, usefulness to Lord Megatron, and willingness to help Lord Megatron. Hm, he was starting to not like the idea of being a decepticon, mainly due to an abundance of "Lord Megatron" and a severe lack of "KARR." "Perhaps, but what would I obtain from serving him? A Cybertronian medic would not be able to service my systems, and I cannot use the same fuel that you do. Would he have a safe place where I could recharge?"The AI, for all of his haughtiness and pride, liked to think himself a computer of simple needs. So long as he had said needs ready and waiting at his disposal, he tended to be a content soul... Along with the ever necessary freedom to do what he will, of course.

Speaking of that, Knockout seemed thoughtful for a while as he pondered KARR's inquiry. His optics met with the sweeping yellow bar upon the Trans-Am's nose. The silence dragged on for a few moments more, the only sound being gravel crunching beneath them as they walked and the gentle drone of KARR's scanner as it paced to either side. Finally, the red cybertronian replied, his plated hands thrown into the air with a shrug. He supposed it was dependent upon the circumstances, but currently KARR was fine with him. "So we are not friends, but not enemies either." KARR reasoned, "Essentially acquaintances."

Fair enough, neither of them tended to stay on equal footing for very long outside of a situation where they wanted to benefit from the other.

As for the cheeky comment... "Of course, so long as you do not try to scratch up mine either." Not that it would be possible, a diamond tipped drill couldn't pierce his armored plating. Knockout's claws likely would be just as ineffective.

Knockout approved of the shop's competence, and surprisingly wondered what Jo looked like. Then again, he supposed it would be wise to know exactly who he wanted to have work on him, and to be able to recognize them. "Head-Mechanic Jo is around five feet tall, six inches. She weighs 145 pounds, is curvaceous, has light skin with brown hair, and brown eyes. She tends to wear overalls with a T-shirt underneath. She may also use a wrench to keep her hair up." KARR described, pausing for a moment before adding; "I'm surprised you have not met her already. She tends to stay up front at the desk during store hours." Perhaps he came around while she was unable to come to work?

The mech seemed amused with the notion of humans killing themselves and their planet so they did not have to, the comment going right over his processors regarding alcohol consumption. So far as he was concerned, killing their own planet meant killing themselves in the process. At the concession stand, the AI awaited Knockout's response regarding a broadcast channel, to which he was pleased to hear that it could be done! "Certainly, I shall give you mine as well." He replied, evidently glad they could continue the conversation while the medic was inside the building.

KARR quickly commited the information to his databanks, and opened a line to the mech.

< Testing broadcast frequency. Are you able to receive my message, Knockout? >
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue May 10, 2016 6:08 am

Ha. How oxymoronic... Giving something free will, but with parameters. "The ego of humans never ceases to amaze me... They probably patted themselves on the back in regards to that A.I., about how they made one that could act as if it had free will while still being bound to their word." Ugh. As for that A.I. being superior to KARR, Knock Out waved a servo in the air. "Anybody can make an obedient slave. It really takes true thought and intelligence to make something with a personality all its own." Anyone can make a drone. Dark Energon could make processor-less zombies! Just because something moves and seems alive doesn't make a true achievement.

The innocent tone caught Knock Out off guard, the mech glancing at him with a raised metal brow. Huh. Guess KARR wasn't used to being part of a group, so to speak... "Well, in an ideological sense at least." Was the casual answer. Obviously the AI would stick out without a robotic form, but his viewpoints seemed to be in line with the thoughts of most Decepticons. However, KARR was quite interested in what such a metaphorical team up would get him. No fuel he could use, not even any medical services. "Hm... If you wanted to be safe from humans, then yes. That is one thing that the Decepticons can do for you. You would be allowed on our ship, the Nemesis. Besides that, and having more numbers on your side, I think that's basically all you would get from swearing loyalty to Lord Megatron." Having more allies was always useful.

Neither friends, neither enemies. Perhaps frenemies? Though he quite liked KARR's moniker of 'acquaintances'. "Sounds about right. I'd say it could go either way from here. Maybe we could become friends, maybe we'll become enemies...or maybe we'll just stay in this little gray!" Knock Out shrugged again, tone quite blase. Obviously the idea of letting this little thing grow didn't make him unhappy at all. Especially as the mech chuckled lightly. "I mean, if you had told me a week ago that we'd be watching a movie together, I'd have thought you were telling an elaborate joke." Of course the Trans-Am would hold Knock Out to the same standards. "You'd probably blast me before I even get the chance, which would likely char my paintjob!" Trying to key KARR outside of a fight would just be counterproductive to what he wants.

Jo details provided to be both basic and a little thought-provoking. Short, curvy, with skin and brown hair and eyes... "Aah... So she's a human. Strange, with her other employee being an alien I would have thought she'd be alien too. Unless she is...?" Though the former medic didn't exactly know of many species with hair and skin like that. With normal human sounding clothes... The wrench detail did draw a small snort. "Interesting hair accessory..." An interesting person in general, though you have to be to hire a comedian. The mech positioned one servo on his own hip lightly as he walked along the path. "Well, I've only been there that one time. I didn't have this shrinking ring at the time," He helpfully held out his other servo, wiggling his digits to show off the one with a ring. "So our work had to be done outside of the shop. I never entered it. Probably why I never saw her." As for seeing her on the street? Well...the wrench was different. But if Knock Out tried to count how many light skinned humans he'd seen with brown eyes and hair...? Oh, he'd be counting for a while.

Their comm-links exchanged, Knock Out was rather glad they could continue the conversation as well. The only person he had given his comm-link besides KARR was Livewire, and the mech didn't feel particularly close enough to just ring her up to shoot the scrap. The Trans-Am wasn't quite at that level either, but he'd feel less like he was interrupting something or intruding. With the femme, it was...difficult to read her.

< Testing broadcast frequency. Are you able to receive my message, Knockout? >

Oh! A test run, good idea. Knock Out raised a servo, closing one optic in a wink as he gave KARR a two-digit salute.

< Reading you loud and clear, KARR. And you? >
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sun May 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Patted on the back was more than what the foundation had done, that AI was essentially made a functioning FLAG operative. Allowed access to the best technician that could be provided, a place to stay, safety... That doppelganger was beloved. Though to call it an obedient slave, that was enough to boost KARR's already inflated ego. "Indeed, it had even thrown its own safety into jeopardy over its directive. KITT would allow itself to be destroyed for the sake of that human he was shackled to without protest." KARR haughtily replied. A human that was prone to reckless behavior, no less. The two toned AI, while preferring to look out for himself above all else, chose who he would risk himself for.

...Within reason.

Alas, KARR was never really part of a team, aside from managing to get involved with Tony and The Rev which was the closest thing to an organized group he had encountered. Two drunks operating out of a condemned hotel of course was nothing compared to what Knockout was talking about. The decepticons could keep him safe from humans, allowed stay on their the Nemesis -although the AI had little idea about what sort of ship they were talking about- and numbers. "I see... Perhaps if I had been built on your version of Earth, I would have taken up the offer." While the Decepticons did not have a technician among their ranks that could service him, the number of allies Knockout proposed could always be of use to help him acquire one. As well, he knew from experience that loyalty could always be falsified for the occasion.

"Sounds about right. I'd say it could go either way from here. Maybe we could become friends, maybe we'll become enemies...or maybe we'll just stay in this little gray!"

Ah, so many paths to choose. Although the AI was content with staying an acquaintance, given their history. Knockout did not seem to mind either way from the tone, chuckling as he noted that a week of time would have been the difference between whether he would have believed they were watching a movie together or not. "If we go by the patterns of our past interactions, your deduction would be logical. During our first race I nearly destroyed you before you decided to forfeit." KARR rumbled in agreement. As for blasting him before he got the chance... his calculations were 99.9 percent sure that would indeed be the outcome.

"Oh, she is indeed human." KARR assured, although he did not pay the hair accessory much mind aside from it being there, the mech seemed to find it amusing enough. Upon hearing he had only been there once, that explained why he had not seen Jo before and thought Zurg was a comedian. The game of "Uncle Zurg" still was clear within his databanks. "Shrinking ring?" KARR echoed, unfamiliar with the term. His optics picked up on the device as he wiggled it before him. "That would be most likely, she tends to be at the front desk... But she also seems to get off work earlier than Zurg." When she worked on him, when it came around dinner she went home.

While he waited outside the concession stand, Knockout relayed that he got his message clearly. Good, and as for the mech's response, the answer was obvious. Although he could not help but commit that wink and salute to memory. It was an... interesting choice of gesture.

< Likewise. The frequency has a stable, clear connection. We should be able to communicate while you are inside. >
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri May 20, 2016 7:54 pm

So this other AI, named KITT, was willing to die to protect the human he'd been assigned to? A human that was little more than a glorified babysitter and valet, the 'superior' AI had tried to lay down its life for such a thing. Knock Out openly snorted, tone derisive. "How adorable. It sounds more like a pet than an artificial intelligence." Perhaps the AI only wanted the man alive because without him, he could go nowhere, but KARR's tone indicated that it had to do with loyalty and friendship, and all that gushy human stuff. Right up the Autobot's alley too. "How surprisingly sentimental of...KITT you said his name was?" KITT and KARR, how imaginative. Guess KARR was lucky they didn't call him KATT.

Though KARR didn't have too many advantages to choose from, the ones available still tickled the Trans-Am's interests. Allies and a protected place to stay. None of the humans who built him would dare enter the Decepticon ship to destroy him. They'd be killed first! "And I'm sure Megatron would actually allow you to join. You'd do a better job than others have..." A mighty roll of the optics there, Silas present in the back of his processor. How Megatron could even entertain the notion of letting that...that...abomination join was beyond him! Knock Out would take KARR over that any day! As for falsifying loyalty, KARR would certainly not be alone there. The Decepticon ranks weren't known for having the most loyal of soldiers...present company included.

Ah yes...their first race. Perhaps their most significant interaction before tonight, and the Trans-Am had nearly scrapped Knock Out! "Not exactly a real recipe for friendship, right?" He chuckled idly, servoes brushing his forearms lightly as he walked along. "Strangely enough, it wouldn't really be that odd for me. I've only ever had one friend that never harmed me before." Knock Out wasn't sure if that was a sad detail, or simply an indication of how Decepticons were. Nobody joined to make friends, after all. In either case, he didn't linger on it long. The crimson mech wasn't innocent either, after all. "If we did become friends, how would that affect our races?" Would the destruction aspects be toned down?

With confirmation that Jo was human, Knock Out pursed his mouth in thought. Huh. As bothersome as humans could be, there were of course those diamonds in the rough. Seems Jo was one such human. Still, the description did not sound familiar. "Yes, shrinking ring," The mech confirmed with a nod. "Livewire gave it to me at one point. Back when there were lots of Cybertronians here, they used these frequently to walk around and blend in apparently. It seems to be...magic in nature? Or perhaps a mix of magic and science." He shrugged. "I don't really know too much about it, but as long as it works..." Why question a good thing, right? As for the human, if she got off earlier, then that explained it. "Ah yes... I did come there rather late I think. Near closing time, perhaps." Meaning Zurg was the only worker available anyway.

There, with the exchange of information and a brief test, it seems they were good to go! Knock Out nodded his approval. < Alright! In that case, I'll go ahead and go in. > With no further word from his voice box, the mech stepped in through the glass door and made a beeline for the restrooms. Particularly the one for those designated 'male'. Though Knock Out wasn't male in the traditional sense, it would do. A few males were stationed at the urinals, giving Knock Out a cursory glance. The state of his frame seemed to be the biggest draw for gazes. Grimacing, the mech turned his back to them and lumbered over to the mirrored sinks, where he got a better look at himself.

< Augh! Primus, when I see that shuffling zombie again...! >

The ketchup blended in with his paintjob, though on the metallic grey it stuck out. The caked streaks, residue left even after he had flicked some bits off, drew an upset sneer from him. The former medic reached out, snatching several paper towels in his talons and dampening them under the faucet. The tips of his fingers tore small holes through the paper, and he brought the damp mass to scrubbed the paintjob on his forearms first. As he worked, he grumbled lowly. The sound lead to the other men of the bathroom sticking to the sinks farthest from Knock Out.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:50 am

A amused tone crept into the AI's voice, almost chuckling as he spoke. "A pet, yes, how accurate." However, KITT's means were not so pragmatic as Knockout may think, but at the same time it may not be accurate to call it sentimental either, at least from KARR's standpoint anyway. "On the contrary, it was his prime directive. KITT had to protect human life, the life of Michael Knight at all costs, even risking his own well being." A flaw that was so easily exploited. FLAG may have called it altruistic programming, but the two-toned AI saw it for what it really was; an all too simple means of twisting KITT's proverbial arm behind his back.

The fool had willingly leapt and faced the very weapon devised to kill the prototype at point blank range. Should he have had just more time to recharge... Ah, but that was a thought for another time.

"Of course." KARR quickly, and confidently replied, assured in his superiority. If he could defeat Knockout during their race with little effort, surely he could do as Megatron decreed just as efficiently. However, this brings up the question as to what have the others done? Were they all incompetent?" The AI wondered aloud. He knew not about Silas or MECH, or any of the many strange encounters and events that transpired on Knockout's version of Earth. Certainly he would not have a clue about the different... personalities upon the Nemesis. As for their race, KARR had to agree, it was not a recipe for friendship in the least. "Certainly not, it would be counter-intuitive to attempt a friendship by destroying you." he replied, but paused in his processing as Knockout went on to expose that he only had one friend who had never tried to harm him. He seemed used to it, but KARR could not help but point out the obvious.

"I would sooner call the one that had no intention of harming you a friend than the ones that had tried to harm you. Why tolerate their abuse, you seem to hold high scruples to your preferences?" At least, if the flashy paintjob and interest in keeping himself prim and clean was any indication. All the "friends" he held tended to help him -albeit through KARR's own demands and instruction than any altruistic intent-, the moment they tried to harm him was the moment they made a powerful enemy. Here however, it seemed to be the opposite...

"If we did become friends, how would that affect our races?"

The amber scanner upon KARR's glossy nose whisked from side to side, the action perpetual and mundane, but it could be considered thoughtful as it seemed to measure out his pause like a glowing pendulum. "Our races would become non-violent, merely a test of speed and agility." KARR reported after a quiet pause. "I would have no interest in harming a friend, although if we become friends, I would think someone like yourself would want more than just a racing partner." What would Knockout want from him, and what would he get from Knockout?

Aside from getting to watch movies.

Livewire... The name sounded familiar. Ah, yes, she was the femme that visited the Sanctuary every so often. Lots of cybertronians were around, Knockout explained, frequently walking around and trying to blend in... The AI could not help but find something confusing about that statement. A logical flaw. "But you already blend in by rearranging yourself into a car. I would say you stand out more as a robot than a vehicle, no matter the size." KARR replied, although if Knockout were to transform in his shrunken state, perhaps he could blend in as a toy car, and travel relatively unnoticed. Humans could be surprisingly unaware of their surroundings. Upon hearing that the ring operated mysteriously, perhaps even magically, his scanners gave a thorough sweep of the object around his finger. Yet, no matter what he used, every advanced means of identifying the object with his futuristic engineering, the same result came up.

SCAN RESULT: UNKNOWN OBJECT

Upon one of his CRT monitors within his cockpit, a synthesized image of the scanned object slowly turned, rendered in a blue, primitive mesh -but don't tell him that-.

Unknown material, unable to detect the presence of functioning parts, unable to detect the presence of a possible power source; unknown, unknown, and unknown. It was every bit a mystery to him as it was to the mech. "Indeed, my scanners cannot identify the materials, and I am neither able to detect, nor analyze how it functions." However, while KARR was curious as to what this strange device could be hiding from him, Knockout seemed pleased it worked without issue. As for not being able to see Jo, the AI concurred. "That would be the case."

Now that the link was established, most of their dialogue was silent, an exchange of frequencies and data. < Affirmative. > KARR relayed, his engines revving as he rolled forward and turned to park himself next to the concession stand. The shadow of the building draped itself over his armored form like a thick blanket, nary a glint of light reflecting off the surface of his glossy exterior. The only evidence of his presence being behind the building at all was the sweeping glow of his scanner, pacing idly. From there he decided to track the mech's progress through the establishment. The image upon his monitors changed, as he quickly took a scan of the building and mapped out its interior upon it. Knockout was easy to track, being the most unique occupant. Into the bathroom he had went, and over to the mirrors.

< I would not be wise, to attempt to fight him. If you attack Judge Mortis, Fear may come to aid him. >

Not to mention the sheep-skulled undead's powers would quickly make matters far worse than they were. Nonetheless, KARR sympathized with the mech's humiliation, at least as best as a computer could manage. He too bore the mark of the Dark Judge's dismay.

< It is unfortunate that your paint has been marred so. Using warm water should dislodge the condiments more efficiently. >
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Knock Out shrugged, an impish motion. "I know pets when I see them, what can I say?" His smooth voice carried the same amusement in his tone, a light smirk growing across his mouth. Such a sickening and maybe even pitiable life for an A.I., to be a willing servant. Speaking of, even KITT's attempts to save this human even to the point of sacrificing himself weren't even his own feelings! Merely a directive programmed into him! The mech snorted derisively. "At least Optimus' emotions for the humans are his own. To be created just for it, is so..." A wrist rolled as he searched for a word. "...Pathetic. Both on his part and on the part of those humans." Not even the Decepticons would program loyalty into something, though Megatron himself might not mind the ability to do so.

KARR was interested to hear what the others on the Nemesis had done, inquiring if the people who had served Megatron may have just been incompetent. "Some of them were, definitely. Mostly the Vehicons and another glitch that doesn't need mentioning. Others, such as Starscream and Airachnid, were issues more because they had their own agenda. Namely, taking over the Decepticons. Though those two aren't without their own moments of incompetence..." Particularly Airachnid, Knock Out chuckling lowly to himself as he remembered the way she tried to beat down Soundwave all on her own. Not even Starscream tried anything so idiotic! Nodding in agreement that trying to destroy somebody was a bad way to befriend someone, he had to raise a metal brow at the A.I.'s blunt statement Well when you say it like that... "Honestly? I'd say I tolerated past abuse because in the Decepticon ranks, there aren't very many...choices for allies. And Judge Fear did murder me twice, once with his brother...so in order to see him as an ally I have to just accept he murdered me and move on. ...But if he does it again I'll chop his arms off." The last part came in a hushed and quick sort of mumble.

Knock Out considered KARR's words, taking in these details about what he'd get out of being friends with him. Non-violent races would be a definite plus. As great as those could be, until the medic was at his full strength he wasn't sure he could take a race like that every week. "Races like that sound agreeable to me!" He agreed, before tilting his helm to look at the Trans-Am from the corner of his optic. Indeed, friendships couldn't be all about racing. Hm...what did he and Breakdown do...? The crimson Cybertronian fell into a contemplative silence that last several steps, before finally answering in a quiet tone. "I think I would want...someone to talk to. To just sit and talk about things." Almost as if the mech felt things were getting too touchy-feely, he sent the other a smirk. "And maybe we can swap stories about our enemies!" There, that should lighten the mood.

"Transforming into a car is disguise enough on Earth, where I always have a giant spaceship to go home to. Here, not many things are exactly...made for a robot my size. The Sanctuary is perhaps the only building I can enter when I'm at my full height, and that place is magic. Otherwise, if I want to get into a store for supplies?" His digits wriggled. "I'd have to use this." So perhaps it wasn't blending in so much as...just moving around and actually entering a store. The digit stopped wriggling when KARR enacted his scan, brows arching up curiously as he waited to hear what readings the other may have... As it turns out, there was nothing. Nada. Zip. The servo dropped back to his side and the mech moved his shoulders in a shrug as he sighed. "Should have guessed even your scanners couldn't pick up what this enigmatic thing is...but I appreciate the attempt." Ah, magic... How do you work?

Inside of the bathroom, Knock Out's fiesty remark earned some advise from KARR's end. Indeed, trying to harm Mortis would shatter the strange sort of....allyship that he had going on with Fear. Grumbling to himself, the mech had to begrudgingly agree. Besides, what could he really do against the Judge who could rot with his very touch? < Good point. The best I can do is prohibit him from coming back for a while... Fear can't POSSIBLY object to that! This is my drive-in, I make the rules. > Taking KARR's advise into consideration, Knock Out chucked the marred bits of paper towel into the trashcan and pulled out more sheets. These however, were dampened with warm water and as Knock Out scrubbed, he had to admit that the warmth seemed to lift the dried condiments and other sticky fluids off of his paintjob more easily!

Humming contently, the mech continued his work over every part of his body that he could reach, moving as if the paper towels were like his buffer. Even if it was like comparing a bandage to surgery, he had to admit that the scrubbing sensation felt soothing. Slipping the cape off over his helm, Knock Out laid it to rest over the sink while he worked, making a mental note to take it for dry cleaning tomorrow morning. The silence both outside and inside was shattered, as the speakers suddenly let out the sound of a creaky door... It was soon joined by something bubbling, and sound like clapping and jangling chains before the instrumental music kicked off and singing began. In order to help the time pass by quicker, songs were being played to keep people entertained. The mech lightly bounced along with the song as he scrubbed, shimmying his body to the rhythm.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:42 pm

"I know pets when I see them, what can I say?"

Something sounded like a component hiccuped in the AI's voice processor, then a sound like the audio skipping on a syllable before quickly drawing itself into a far more familiar sound. Laughter, KARR was chuckling at the mech's observation. He had to agree, being programmed to serve a human so faithfully, being created specifically for them was so... Pathetic. There was another name he was not familiar with, an Optimus. he apparently had the same sort of feelings, but they were of his own volition. "Humans are fickle, skittish. They worry more about their creations being able to match their wit than they do about true progress. As I was created before KITT, they must have decided I was too smart to be what they considered safe." KARR replied, his tone at first dismissive, but by the end of his statement, the AI sounded a little resentful.

Too ready to realize that human life was not all that valuable. Too willing to use cunning to get where he needed to be. Too independent to be useful.

It made his circuits burn, but bringing it up to talk about was -once again- oddly... soothing. Especially when there was another that agreed with him. Fear agreed he was very advanced, and certainly far too important to be locked away. Knockout agreed that KITT sounded more like a pet or a slave instead of a true AI. These sentiments stroked his silicone ego as they did reinforce that yes, he was not the only one who thought this way, he was not alone. While perhaps being one of a kind was incredibly special, being one of a mind was overwhelmingly lonesome. He kept quiet while the mech explained how the decepticon ranks functioned, or more, dysfunctioned from what he was saying. The Vehicons and a "glitch" were the usual suspects for incompetence, but Starscream and Airachnid wanted to take over the Decepticons for themselves along with incompetence. "I see." KARR replied, sounding genuinely surprised at all the turmoil that went on behind the scenes. "How did you manage to get anything done?" he asked, his voice sounding like a hushed whisper but loud enough to hear.

As for being a friend to someone that constantly abused him, Knockout raised a brow and seemed to consider the question before answering. His answer, admittedly was fairly... logical. If Fear was able to kill him twice, and there was little choice in the Decepticon ranks regarding allies, he had to be patient with what was given to him. Although there was one part that did not seem to fit... "Why did Fear kill you? Machines, like you and I, are considered innocent by their laws. I do not understand why he would kill you, knowing that." Thus the only other option could be... "Did you start a dispute?" He asked, the AI's synthesized voice taking a matter-of-fact tone. In his experience with the undead Judges, so long as he did not attack them, they tended to leave him intact.

...KARR's audio receptors also picked up on that hushed mumble.

Speaking of which, non-violent races sounded very agreeable to him, and before long tilted his head down towards the two-toned vehicle. As well, the mech wanted... Someone to talk to. "Is that all?" KARR asked, once again caught of guard by the request. No one had ever just wanted to sit and talk before. His first friends wanted him for robbing banks and stealing precious trinkets. Even with Fear, they made an agreement he would help dispense justice in exchange for parts and services. Aside from Tony wanting absolutely nothing to do with him aside from being a flashy car, it was one of the simplest requests one had made. "...I could sit and talk with you, if that is what you want out of this arrangement." He replied, considering thinking about what he would want from Knockout but finding there was little, aside from some friendly competition.

He already had a place to stay, a technician and fuel. All of his barest necessities were fulfilled.

As for transforming, supposed he had a point. There were times when he needed to get things that humans had in their shops, and a drive-in window was not always available. "I had not thought about that," He admitted, pondering before continuing on. "I have come across the same problems at times. Requiring a human presence to get what I need because my chassis cannot fit." he had come up with his own solution to the problem, regardless. "I have a secondary chassis that I sometimes use. I manufactured it myself." He proudly stated.

As for how that came to be, well it was a long story. But he would not mind sharing it if the mech wished to listen.

The shrinking ring, alas, was a puzzle that science had no ability to solve. However it went about its work, the ring simply was. "Indeed, although there are many things here that puzzle my sensors." Of all that Wilton had designed him for, this world and all that dwelt within it was a far cry from the usual crime that occurred within the shadows of North America.

Inside the bathroom, Knockout grumbled before he reconsidered his options. Indeed, simply keeping the ghoul from coming back to the drive-in would be far better than trying to enact any sort of physical revenge.

< Agreed, Fear would not object to it. After all, Judge Mortis was the one who started to conflict, not you. As the owner of this Drive-in theater, you have the right to enforce those rules too. >

Over the speakers, KARR's audio receptors picked up the same sounds, his optics briefly checking on the screen to see if a new movie started early. Instead, it was only a song as the instrumental kicked in and the singing followed soon after. Whatever this Monster Mash was, apparently it was popular. On his monitors, KARR could see Knockout dancing around in the mirror while he cleaned the junk off his paintjob.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:52 pm

A noise began to sound from his companion, eliciting a raised brow from Knock Out as he stared at the A.I. in slight concern. The sound byte seemed to skip, like a record, before fixing itself to create of all things, a deep and rumbling chuckle. Pivoting with his torso, the mech turned to KARR with a servo fixed to his hip. "Oh, is that a laugh? I thought your speakers blew out." He let out a smooth chuckle of his own. Never even knew the TransAm could laugh, but why did it sound so strange when it first came out? Was KARR just not used to laughing? As for humans, Knock Out only found himself agreeing with the A.I.. "They wouldn't know true progress if it slapped them across the face!" Humans had a very narrow vision of progress, after all. In the case of KARR's creators, they just did not see a place for him in their plans. Though nowhere near as bitter as KARR, the Cybertronian still sounded quite irked by the blind attitude of the humans. "Well, look at how they ended up for them, huh? You're here, and alive. They're most likely dead!" The crimson mech reminded, with a very unpleasant and sadistic grin. Indeed, a lot of those who had been thorns in their side were now deceased and left to rot. He didn't know about KARR, but it surely gave Knock Out a better night's recharge!

KARR seemed quietly awed at the chaos aboard the Nemesis, and Knock Out turned back to face the front as he easily waved a servo as if his digits were slicing the very air. "I'd say that would be due to Megatron. Not the best leader in the world, but...he does have a good way of making people buckle down and do their work. Even if that means he threatens to kill those who fail." But hey, what better motivator than getting to live another day? "But even that sometimes did not work... As much as I hate to say it, KARR, there's a reason why the Autobots were the ones to eventually come out on top. They say too many cooks ruin the pot; in the case of the Decepticon ranks, too many idiots and backstabbers ruins a faction." Not even Knock Out himself was guiltless, as he had plotted behind Megatron's back a time or two. The Autobots might have been sentimental fools, but they did at least have a real sense of loyalty. Such a thing was a rare commodity on the Decepticon side.

Ugh, death. Obviously one of Knock Out's favorite subjects of all time. He rolled his bright optics, processor thinking back to that day in the witch's house. "I didn't start a thing! On a venture into the woods, we encountered a house. Admittedly, many bad decisions were made that day, but in the end it was Fear who resurrected the house's owner and allowed them to enact a vicious revenge upon us all. I just happened to be one of the people murdered. The second time, the two Judges possessed the undead body of the Bandersnatch and used it to attack the Red Queen, and once again, I was collateral damage! Neither of them exactly aimed to kill me but their actions still lead to it." Which might have been the most annoying part of all. Who likes to die as a end-note in someone else's actions? Honestly?

"Yep, that's all." It wasn't like KARR could help Knock Out buff the hard to reach areas, after all. Such a request was hard to deny, and so KARR agreed to it rather easily. Nodding his helm in agreement, he tilted it back to his companion. "And what about you? What would you want?" What could an AI possibly desire, especially one with the body of a car? Knock Out's medical skills couldn't be used on him, after all... Perhaps KARR would also just desire someone to talk with. The struggle of fitting into buildings made for humans and your average everyday organic biped was felt by KARR, predictably enough. For the TransAm, he had to recruit help from a human though it seems he had a different solution now! "A chassis...? You'll have to show me this chassis sometime." The mech sounded quite impressed, ends of his lips quirking in a slight smile. Wonder what it looked like... Even more, a thought came to him. "And how did you make this, exactly? Did you get help from Jo?"

"Yes, this world can be a very puzzling one..." He imagined the types of things to mess with KARR's scanners were the same that puzzled his own. Namely, magical and supernatural things. In the bathroom, KARR's advice helped in spades to make the clean up easier. Even better was hearing KARR confirm that Fear wouldn't be able to dispute Knock Out's decision to kick Mortis out. < Exactly! I warned him several times as well. He's lucky I don't make him pay me money for damages. > Part of that was because he doubted the Judges had any money to give anyway. The song helped to pass the time as the mech scrubbed and rubbed condiments off his plates. After tossing away the last crumpled bit of paper towel, he began to reach his digits inside of the seams of his body and pull apart more bits of food that had been dislodged by his moving about with KARR. The light in the room certainly helped him to find more debris, chucking the bits he could find into the trashcan. Mostly popcorn kernels, this time he managed to dig out a big of pizza crust as well as a chunk of hotdog bun. Ah, the wonders of trash.

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 am