Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Spoopy Scary Movies

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Meanwhile, sitting in his cozy parking space and being a complete angel during this chaos...

KARR's optics were primarily on the massive screen in front of him, watching the ads play through and wondering when the actual movie was going to start. He had seen enough animations of dancing popcorn and upcoming flicks -although he committed a few to his memory to be remembered later- along with a sort of anti-piracy PSA that was rather... nonsensical. How did one download a whole car? Even the one micro-scanner he had told himself to keep on Mortis and Knockout started to wander, and soon the AI's whole attention was grabbed by that shimmering silver screen.

At least until a few notable distractions cropped up.

"You are guilty, and the sssentence isss...TRASSSHH!"

...Hm? KARR turned part of his attention back to the duo that were arguing behind him, and soon borne witness to a chilling scene. Mortis had the medic by the throat and holding him up in the air, approaching a very full trash can! "That fool's going to get us kicked out of the drive-in!" KARR hissed to himself. Immediately his engines screamed to life and the trans-am pulled itself around to face the mech and the undead Judge. However, even then it was already too late, as he could get neither a word nor laser fire in before Mortis dunked Knockout into the trash bin. "Mortis! Mortis, What are you doing?!" He yelped, the cybertronian had let them stay to watch a movie, a movie he had never seen -or heard of- before! "I apologize for his behavior, if I knew he would act like this I would have never brought him along." KARR quickly apologized, rolling forward as he watched Knockout step forward, fuming at all the refuse covering his person.

Though he could not scan the alien automaton's vitals, he did not need to in order to know he was livid.

"Get out of MY SIGHT! GET OUT OF MY DRIVE-IN! GET OUT, RIGHT NOW! GET OUT AND TAKE YOUR FRAGGING CAR WITH YOU! GEEEET OOOOUT!"

"GLADLY! I NEVER WANTED TO COME TO YOUR INSSSIPID ESSTABLISSSHMENT TO BEGIN WITH!"

"... But I had not done anything, why must I leave as well?" KARR defended, finding the situation confusing, "I had not tossed you into a trash can, Knockout, nor have I made any insults to your person. Compared to his misgivings, I could be considered an innocent... In fact, I am innocent. I had only brought him along because I was uncertain how it would look if I..." He paused, giving a small sigh before adding, "If I did not have a driver. If I knew you owned it, I would not have bothered with attempting to blend in and neither of us would have had to deal with his behavior." He reasoned, the amber scanner upon his front sweeping briskly from side to side. An optic watched as the Dark Judge stormed off towards the highways, denying responsibility for the AI and leaving him to pick up after his mess. Of course, how else would it be given the ghoul had done the same thing at the end of September, and he had to talk sense into the rampaging undead.

The AI had only hoped the undead would have perhaps been a little more... grateful.

"Impudent as he is however, he is correct that I have no owner. I am responsible for myself." KARR stated after a pause. His engine gave a low shrill, backing towards the space before turning to face the screen again, "Perhaps we can discuss this unfortunate affair while watching the movie, hm?" He offered, before adding, "I personally like what was done with this place. It ties in with the season well."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:32 pm

"It does when you expect me to KOWTOW to you like you're some sort of King! Just because you are a 'Judge' doesn't mean you have free reign over what belongs to me! All I did was ask what you were doing! Instead of EXPLAINING that KARR launched you out of the car, you waved your badge at me like it was one of those...those..." The mech rolled a wrist, trying to conjure up the words without needing to yell out a rather unpleasant word in the middle of a crowd... "Like those PHALLIC OBJECTS you and your brother hurled at my helm!" That was all it would have taken, a simple explanation. "If you hadn't threatened me, and weren't still threatening me, I wouldn't have pressed the issue!" Things could have gone so smoothly... But, as experience with the Judges had proved time and time again, sometimes their badges made things run about as smoothly as a twenty car pileup. Of course, the bruised ego of a narcissist didn't exactly help things either.

One dunk into a trash can later, the Cybertronian was fuming. The trash can was a dented pile, resting in the sand and Knock Out was sorely tempted to rip it into shreds. The mech's sharp fingers tensed, furling and unfurling with desire. Desire to rip that metal thing to bits, to tear Mortis apart! Hack him into pieces! Ooh, but as angry as he was, he still remembered; Judges could not die. Attacking would only incur his righteous wrath, and make things worse. The rotten corpse would probably wipe out the whole Drive-In, killing patrons and destroying his hard work. And people don't exactly wanna come back after being murdered. In the corner of his optic, he could see KARR roll forward. He could also hear the other AI speaking, but he wasn't paying attention just yet. He was PISSED, and he was going to kick Mortis out before dealing with KARR.

Suppose it was rather useless to kick out somebody that didn't even want to stay... It wasn't a punishment, after all. Mortis wanted to leave anyway. Still, it felt good to see him leave. However, he refused to claim any responsibility for KARR as he left, insisting that the AI was now his problem. As the Judge disappeared off into the distance, moving towards the highway, Knock Out squinted his optics at the rubberneckers. "Nothing to see here, everybody! The show's about to start! Turn your eyes onto the screen!" Though the mech spoke pleasantly, there was also a firmness that persuaded everyone to turn their eyes to the large white screen, where the last advertisement was playing. The crimson mech released a heavy vent, like a long suffering sigh. At least Mortis had left without rotting everyone into mulch... Which just left...

K.A.R.R. wrote:"... But I had not done anything, why must I leave as well?"

Knock Out pivoted on his ped to face KARR. He was not so angry, now that the major irritant had disappeared, but now he had to deal with KARR. And, unlike Mortis, he actually wanted to stay. The AI insisted that he was innocent, and Knock Out rubbed a temple as he listened to KARR's defense. Yes yes, he did not chuck Knock Out into a can. He didn't insult him. "But if you didn't eject Mortis in the first place, that altercation would never have happened!" He, along with Mortis, lied about their situation but apparently that had been done because they did not realize the place belonged to Knock Out. "You still could have been honest about yourselves when I approached your car. You knew I owned the place by that point." He insisted, though without any bite to his voice. The former medic had honestly given the two of them a pass on that, if only because he found it amusing to play along.

"Hm." Was the light noise of acknowledgement. The Judges did not own KARR, this was true. KARR was rather similar to Knock Out, and he understood how annoying it'd be to be referred to as someone else's car. Tires crunched along the grass and sand as KARR backed up into a parking space, positioned to face the screen as the movie, "Halloween", began to play. Then... KARR invited Knock Out to watch the movie and discuss what had happened with him. As if that wasn't enough, he then complimented Knock Out's decorations. The mech grumbled lowly. The compliment did stroke his ego in just the right way, and he hated it. He wanted to hold onto his anger, kick KARR out right alongside that blasted Judge!

But instead...

With the sound of heavy footfalls, Knock Out walked to the parking space beside KARR and sat down upon his aft, the ruined cape making for a nice, if sticky seat. Making sure to keep in the grass of the spot, he gave the other a light shrug. "Thank you." As the two of them sat there, one of his hands began to explore the hip seams of his body, long sharp fingers fishing out kernels and flicking them away with a pwet, pwet! As he worked, optics on the screen, he leaned towards KARR and stage-whispered. "Since I actually enjoy your company, you can stay." There, the AI now had his official blessing to stay.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:42 pm

Phallic objects? Oh, right... those. KARR's databanks still held the file where Fear had told him of that lovely romp through the thorns and the mire. Although the AI still had yet to figure out just how a Judge's badge could be compared to a phallus, he understood the cybertronian's ire all the same.

His surveillance mode picked up the gathering crowd, but the Trans-Am paid them little heed. Every scuffle had its curious onlookers, which was exactly the reason why KARR preferred tact in his dealings. Thankfully Knockout likely shared the same sentiment, as he refused to chase after the fuming Dark Judge and instead turned his attention to the gathering vultures. The firmness in his tone certainly was persuasive to look elsewhere, if nothing else. Just as soon as Knockout turned his attention to the two-toned car, a long sigh pushing itself from his vents in a very human fashion and rubbed his temples. Perhaps it simply was him, but the AI could not help but notice the amount of human mannerisms that resided within the machinery he came across, even the alien ones.

Now, about him being a complete angel... Well, perhaps the AI fit into the biblical category of the creatures, as in the mere mortal mind had issue comprehending their intent.

"Well, yes. If he had stayed in my cockpit, he would not have aggravated you and ruined your costume." KARR admitted calmly, "However, if he stayed with me... You likely would be seeing only half of my chassis currently. Judge Mortis was growing increasingly aggravated within my passenger compartment no matter what I said to try and placate him, and on top of it he was growing bold about what he did with his fingers." The AI explained, none too pleased about his recent passenger either. The sheep-skulled ghoul was growing plenty callous and acerbic as of late, and even the most generous understanding he could give would not help a thing. He had remembered how easily the Dark Judge had considered rotting him away into rust in the past, he was not going to entertain that risk a second longer than he needed to.

Although, that still left the reason as to why he had lied about his passenger. Given there was little reason to lie further about the situation, KARR decided it best to explain. "Ah, yes... There is something of a story behind that. You see, Judge Mortis had this inclination that something would befall us should it be known that he was with me. I had supplied him with that disguise and a cover to placate him. I was merely content with having a driver that was someone I was familiar with and could predict to some extent, instead of picking up some stranger off the street." If he had taken some bum along, likely they would have been far too wary of a talking car that was completely autonomous. And if they could not trust him, then KARR could not trust them either. As far as his parameters allowed himself to trust another, that is. As he sat in his parking space, though KARR was rather confident in his diplomatic abilities,he secretly hoped he had said enough in order to keep from getting himself kicked out at least.

All that time having to keep Judge Fear's spirits up after a number of unfortunate affairs had to account for something.

Heavy plated feet crunched over to the parking space next to him, and the bright red mech sat down next to him. Much to his silent relief, he had been correct, and from what he could tell from Knockout's tone he was beginning to calm down. "You are certainly welcome. It is a pity what happened to your costume, it went nicely with your color." Or at least the color Knockout had been before getting dunked into the trash can. His optics noted the Cybertronian leaning towards him as he removed the kernels from his person, and a not-so-quite whisper soon followed.

"Since I actually enjoy your company, you can stay."

He...He enjoyed his company? For a moment KARR was silent as his processors attempted to unravel how that one came about. Then again, he also was not getting kicked out either and he could not help but find many of the cybertronians points in conversation to be agreeable despite being a narcissist. Then again, the AI was something of a narcissist himself. "Thank you." KARR replied.

Perhaps it would not be too much to get to know the mech a little better. One of his optics remained on the screen, watching and listening as the opening credits started to roll. A flickering jack-o-lantern grinned next to the names of the different actors faded in and out of view to a repeating piano overlay, all the while he could not help but notice the pumpkin was slowly being zoomed in on.

"Back there, during our little acting session... I couldn't agree more, there should be more robot-friendly movies that don't paint us as child-like devices. Where I came from we had WOPR, Terminator, and Johnny-5, very poor characters if I had ever heard of any." He added. Insipid things, those representations. Perhaps if they had an actual robot directing them, things would have gone different, and far better.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Mortis was going to rot KARR from the inside out? That earned a curious raise of a thick metal brow. Everything Knock Out had seen of KARR and the Judges, they seemed to be rather friendly with each other. Friendly enough to let them sit inside of him and to be his cheerleader during a race, at least. Of course, Knock Out also had a nice front row seating to just how temperamental the Judges could be. One moment, you're on the same side, one drugging later, you had a death sentence. If Mortis was going to rot KARR's delicate metal innards, it was probably due to the AI making some sort of comment. The mech let out a small bark of a laugh. "So you ejected him before he could cause lasting damage." By this point, the situation did seem to be a bit of a 'blame game' scenario, as the skull headed Judge first threw suspicion onto KARR, and now the blame was being levied back onto Mortis. Like a pair of sparklings caught after breaking important tools and trying to decide who did the most damage. For Knock Out, the answer was easy. He scoffed lightly and made a flippant gesture with a servo, as if swatting a fly. "The glitch had it coming." For him, it was easy to decide who the guiltiest party was.

"A story...?" His face plates shifted into a skeptical look. Oh goody, a yarn of a tale before a movie. This should be good... His arms crossed over his chassis, shifting his weight onto one hip joint as he listened. Mortis had been chosen as his driver because he was convenient, and he knew him. Much better than a stranger or a bum. And as for the disguise, it was due to Mortis thinking that Knock Out would do something if he knew it was them. He scoffed, louder this time, and waved a hand dismissively. "Probably because the last time I saw him, he and his brother offlined me!" The crimson mech snapped, though not necessarily at KARR. Moreso, at the memories of that horrid adventure into the thorns, and the peace that had been shattered. Killed...over a piece of candy... Shaking his head at the memories, he spoke up again. This time, though still annoyed, he wasn't as angry. "Despite that... I prefer to see my Drive-In as neutral ground. Movies are for everyone to enjoy, not just people I like. Though I wasn't pleased to see his bony snout, I wouldn't kick him out just for being here." Adding in a grumble, "I'd kick him out for being an aft to me though..."

Now settled along the ground beside KARR's parking space, the popcorn pieces were proving to be increasingly difficult. Though some of them had been easy to flick out with his long digits, he could feel more of them further up along his seams, in areas his digits simply couldn't reach! Ugh, he'd have to remove a few plates and dig in there... It wasn't too difficult, cleaning in-between the seams of a mech's plates was easy check-up material, but it was a little hard to do on yourself. That corpse really made a mess of Knock Out... "Yeah..." The mech droned, one servo sweeping away the kernels nearest to himself so as to not draw ants. "I was really excited to get into costume for this event, and I especially liked this cape. I suppose I could try to clean it before tomorrow's showing... Or just buy a new one altogether." Now that it'd been dunked into the trash with him, it looked positively ratty to his eyes. Ratty, stained, sticky, disgusting... Unless he wanted his costume to be a 'hobo-vampire', he would not settle for the cape as it was now. He pinched the fabric between two digits, huffing as he rested his other arm upon his knee and supported his helm.

KARR was silent after his whisper, though Knock Out thought that to be because the movie was so close to starting. Talking during a movie was usually rude, though with the setup of a Drive-In, one could get away with idle conversation in their own area. As long as nobody screamed or yelled across the plot of land, nobody's viewing experience would be ruined unless they were very close to the people taking part in conversation. And as for enjoying KARR's company... It was a little strange. Their interactions had usually involved a race, along with hurled insults and even a bit of physical damage. Make no mistake, there were some things about KARR's smug nature that rubbed him the wrong way! But...ultimately, he had to admit that he was no Autobot angel. Knock Out himself was rather smug, after all. They both enjoyed racing, they were both intelligent sportscars, and they both took pride in their appearances. And, if KARR's attendance at the movies was any indication, he was a fan of movies too. Besides, the only mech who'd never rubbed Knock Out the wrong way was Breakdown. Being on the Decepticon's side meant rubbing elbows with loads of irritating mechs, and KARR wasn't the worst he'd ever encountered. When KARR did speak up again, it was to thank him. A slight smile quirked on his face plate as he glanced at the other car. "You are welcome."

His attention flickered back to the screen, the names of the organics involved in the movie displayed alongside a lit Jack-O-Lantern. The background was dark, the only light coming from the pumpkin, and the soundtrack featured a strange sort of music. The tapping of a piano, but seemingly inter-cut with a noise like the ticking of a clock... All the while, the pumpkin was zoomed in on, becoming larger and larger. Knock Out had heard of this one's status as a classic, a movie almost religiously watched during this time of year on Earth. They'd have to put it to the test, wouldn't they? "Hm?" He blinkd audibly, turning to look at KARR when he suddenly spoke up again. What was he...? Oh, right. It took a few moments to put together what KARR had been referring to, though once he did, the mech gestured at the car, almost exasperated. "Thank you!" Guess the AI had been listening after all... "The Terminator, Johnny-5, WALL-E, The Iron Giant... It's either one way or the other, no sign of gray! What we really need is more media created by robots! Humans are a creative bunch, but still rather selfish and vain..." If only the war hadn't torn their planet apart, maybe there could have been interesting media and arts to enjoy back on Cybertron? Alas, war usually did a great job of doing away with artists...

Back to the movie, the pumpkin had disappeared, leaving a black screen with the bright orange words that identified the director. Knock Out perked, interested. "Hey, he directed 'The Thing', the one we're showing on Sunday! He must be rather popular..." The text faded, replaced by a white one that denoted the setting for the movie. Haddonfield, Illinois... The town wasn't familiar to Knock Out, but the state was. The words faded again, and as the new ones popped up, an odd sort of chanting began to sound. The voices of children, reciting an...odd little poem of some kind he'd never heard of. The text indicated that the scene was set on Halloween, of the year 1963. The black screen was gone, in its place the front of a rather simple white house was shown. Crickets chirped as the camera advanced on the house, the porch lit up only by a porch-light and a pumpkin. Through the window and curtain of the door, two figures could be made out. Two humans, one male, one female. As for what they were doing... Well, the usual things two young humans did. Knock Out's lip curled up at the sight, but he leaned in all the same, curious to see where this would go...
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:20 am

"Correct." KARR assured, although he did not find it as amusing as Knockout had. "He already left a smudge of corpse-juices on my vitals monitor." A smear of green still clung to the curving line of LEDs that made up his tachometer, by now the AI had a factor in the high sixties or percentage and climbing that it would probably stay there if he did not get it cleaned off. Alas, the nature of corrosive corrosive mingling with rotted bodily fluids...

KARR's audio receptors picked up the rather... interesting choice of words to refer to the Dark Judge. Although the AI was more familiar with the term being used to describe a software mis-coding or malfunction, he could see how it could be used as an insult as well. "Indeed," the AI rumbled in agreement. While the he was talking, his optics studiously took note of the cybertronian's gesturing. "I would say this was a good learning experience for him, but as Fear has proven to me thus far; living or dead, a head that has a physical brain within it is a priceless asset." He added, remorselessly taking a pot-shot at the absent undead. Judge Mortis had likely taken his fair share when he managed to find himself out of his scanner range, or at least any further insult aside from referring to him as "vehicle" or "machine".

If he goes out of his way to state plainly that he had a name, it should be used!

KARR watched with one of his optics as Knockout listened to his story, a plated hand waving itself dismissively as he revealed that Mortis was the one that wanted to lay-low regarding his identity. "So I have heard. Although that is not entirely the case." KARR stated, a little softer in the wake of the mech's snapping, "He merely did not want to be seen with me, in the way that he did not want me to be associated with him and vice versa. Regardless, that was a sorry affair." Personally, the AI decided he had little to fear in the way of consequences should anyone decide to piece two-and-two together. Most of his offensive and defensive systems were restored to their full, lethal capability. If he could not run from a confrontation, he could literally blow the entire competition to kingdom-bloody-come! As for the candy... Well, he naturally was more inclined to take the Judges side on the matter, even if he did not vocalize it. Fear was the one that handled his maintenance costs, after all.

"Of the two brothers, his nature tends to be more acerbic than Fear. Kicking him out for merely being around may be a wise move, you could even keep him banned from the theater for the damage done to your garbage can." the AI suggested, deciding to tactfully leave out how the sheep-headed Judge tended to be a very sneaky creature for being hardly more than a pile of bones and flesh. His optic roved over the dented receptacle, observing the numerous dents that littered it from the ghoul's tantrum. "That counts as a property damage charge on top of a charge of assault if you consider he threw you into it, and he never paid you for the damages." He added confidently. As much as the Judges decided that the law was on their side in everything the did, they never seemed to account for all the laws they tended to break while carrying out their jobs. Strange things, those two undeads... Though he did not mind so long as his needs were taken care of, and so his vox tended to stay quiet in regards to the hypocrisy in their activities.

His scanners found a minute fascination as Knockout attempted to pick out all the kernels. While he was busy picking out the ones he could see, KARR had already found the placements of every kernel that was stuck within the gaps and grooves of his plating. "My databanks hold a number of files on removing troublesome stains from fabric, including grease. If you use a mixture of detergent and hot water, it should come out of your cape." KARR offered, "There are other means, but this one is the most efficient." Far more efficient than mixing ammonia and detergent, then rising it out of the fabric with white vinegar. He had even come across enzyme detergents that ate away at grease while the fabric was being put through the washing machine. Although the toughest stains, he had to agree, came from the slurry of acids and expired fluids that the Judges called their hosts.

A smile drew itself upon Knockout's face as he glanced back to him, and the AI could not help but give a small confession of his own "I had been excited to come here as well, This is the first time I've seen a movie." Certainly he could spy through the walls of an unsuspecting person's home and peek at what was on the screen, but he had never seen the purpose or reason behind it. During the later part of his short existence in California, he had been too focused on what to do with KITT and Michael Knight. But he supposed it was as they said; when the cat was away, the mice will play... And his cat was going to be away for a long while, perhaps for all eternity if he were lucky enough. As for the notion of something other than the black and white scale of what humans decided to use for their movies concerning robots, the AI could not help but agree. "Yes, Either we are the villains or the obnoxiously naive side-kick used to stimulate some sort of paternal instinct in the human cast. It is disgustingly one-note. On top of that, the focus is always on the humans, leaving the robot with little personality aside from a tin-plated infant!" Something along the lines of a disgusted sound crackled from KARR's synthesizers, mimicking the hissing noise that the Judges often made, though he opted to keep his attention primarily on the conversation between himself and the mech, and what was happening on the screen.

Although... "Perhaps there are movies around that have something other than the blase human formula. I have seen a few robots here from other dimensions, they may know of a few." He suggested after a few seconds of silence. On screen the credits revealed the director's name on a field of black. Knockout commented that he had directed The Thing, which would be shown on Sunday. Although he did not follow the man's films, it was not hard to bring up a list of different films he had directed, along with his achievements... "Popular is an understatement, the man was nominated eighteen times and won a total of thirteen awards for music, directing, writing, and effects." KARR reported, growing silent once more as the film started in full. Both the state and town were familiar to him, but only in the way that he held it in his map data. Otherwise the AI had never ventured to it. The chant at the beginning was foreign to the AI as well, but it evidently was some sort of halloween-centered verse that the children tended to say before going trick-or-treating.

Although not long after the credits were gone and the house was on screen, they were both granted a vision of two humans, kissing. Though he could not express it like Knockout could, he still found the display distasteful all the same.

"We are alone aren't we?" The male said, looking around from the couch.

"Michael's around someplace..." She never got to finish her thought, as they went back to doing their... human things. Over the radio he could hear her giggle as she playfully pushed away the male. "Take off that face!" Another kiss and the male promptly suggested they go upstairs, the girl taking heed and running up with what the AI could only figure to be her boyfriend at this point following after her. Although soon after... Hm, that camera was moving around awfully like a-- Oh.

Well, if the girl could not figure out where Michael went, KARR certainly had an idea of where he was now and what he was doing. Growing curious himself, KARR's scanner started to pace a little quicker, refusing to let a single frame escape his processors.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Corpse-juice...ugh... Sympathy immediately went to KARR, remembering Fear's blood and what little had dribbled onto his hood. Green and absolutely horrid in smell... The consistency resembled spoiled milk and really stuck onto his paint, it was almost as bad as dead love bugs! A light sneer on his face plates at the memory, the mech shuddered. "I don't blame you for ejecting him." A smudge on paint was bad enough, but on a monitor? A glass screen? That was the absolute worst!

Knock Out quirked his helm at KARR curiously, pondering whatever he could mean. A physical brain...? "...Aah! Right, right, I see." Mortis' head was a skull after all, could it be possible then that inside of that noggin was naught but rot? The upper lip of his faceplates curled at the thought. "I think it has more to do with his stubbornness and refusal to admit wrongdoing rather than his brain." It was as if having a metal badge added a sense of stubborn pride to the corpses. Usually they were easy to talk to, but as soon as the 'Judge' aspect came up... Talking to them was suddenly like butting heads with an immovable force. At KARR's defense, Knock Out raised a metal brow. "Bit late for that, since I have already seen Fear riding around inside of you. Though I do not entirely know the relationship between you all, I can infer enough." For a couple of undeads that wanted to be stealthy, they really were a loud bunch.

"Yes, Fear seems to have more patience. Mortis, not so much." They both had frightful tempers, but Mortis' was more explosive. Hissy and full of anger, if only he had a pair of ram horns. "Fear's also more likely to banter along with me... Though he also likes to be disgusting, just to get a reaction." Though Fear got on his nerves something awful, the playful nature of the undead seemed almost...friendly. Even if it could really get on his nerves at times... Mortis was not so playful. At the suggestion to keep Mortis banned, as well as KARR's citing the laws he had broken in his fit, the mech let out a sharp laugh. "HA! Assault and property damage, eh? Too bad we're not in the city, I could call for those ISOs to arrest him." On the actual subject of banishment, Knock Out didn't verbally deny the possibility or accept it. Banishing someone who didn't want to come was superfluous. As tempting as it was to print signs displaying Mortis' face and deeming him banished, the mech would rather forget all about the Judge altogether. Out of sight, out of mind, out of his LIFE.

His gaze turned from his work trying to clean out the kernels, to KARR. Cleaning clothes wasn't exactly something he was well versed in, so actually having a bit of advice was...nice. "Detergent and hot water... Alright." With a slow nod to KARR, he turned his attention back to his cape and ran his digits over the fabric. "I'll go get some after the movies. The stores in the city are open rather late. Maybe one of those 'laundromats' will also be open. If not, there's always going early." Maybe he could even be ready and gussied up in time for tomorrow's showing! It was a nice idea at least. The crimson mech flicked off a bit of dried ketchup on his thigh as he looked back at KARR. "Is that so? Well, I hope it's a good movie for your first time!" Drive-in's were quite useful for robots like themselves! Even with the shrink ring he now had, he preferred to be here in the open area where he could relax. The weather was the only con. As the two mused about the nature of robots in the movies, Knock Out couldn't help an amused chuckle. He'd never heard KARR make a noise like that! What Knock Out had said must have really resonated with the A.I.. "You know, I wonder if the humans of my world regarded the Decepticons and Autobots like that. The Autobots were the ones protecting the humans, acting...disgustingly naive at times and strangely enough, had a paternal instinct for some human children. Meanwhile, the Decepticons were evil, just because our goals that sought to help our kind may put Earth in a bit of danger." Another flick, this time caked on mustard went flying into the grass. "It was as if the Autobots expected there to be an option that would allow all beings to coexist and live peacefully, with no one being hurt. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!" His tone had become mocking, a smirk on his face, and yet it soon turned thoughtful as he remembered the events that had transpired. The way the Autobots...actually did bring Cybertron back to its full glory! Or at least, closer than it had ever been in many Stellar Cycles. "Hmph, of course, I suppose they did actually make that into a reality. Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, was the only casualty. And it wasn't as though the Autobots were going to mourn for him." Nor did Knock Out himself, honestly.

Hm, now there's an idea... Though there are many Earthling movies stored in the library, I bet I could find some from other planets... Might alienate some, but it'll be worth it. And maybe it can even be a learning experience!" Who could possibly oppose the idea of watching movies made by an alien or even a robotic being? The idea made him grin, though it quickly turned into a more neutral look as he paid attention screen. KARR confirmed the weight John Carpenter's name carried, having won many awards for his movies, and nominated for other awards. "I'll have to research him more...he sounds promising." Knock Out murmured in response, attempting not to talk over the movie. Even if the chanting was weird...

The young couple soon moved to couch, one with flowers in the fabric design, and resumed what was likely a prelude to interfacing. Strangle, the camera seemed to follow them while remaining outside of the house 'peeking' in on them in the window. The male almost seemed to sense the camera, inquiring if they were alone, and the female mentioned a 'Michael' being around somewhere. Soon after, the two of them moved upstairs. Again, the camera seemed to follow from outside, returning to the front of the house and looking up at the upstairs window.

The light in there was on, though a shrill piano sing suddenly sounded from the speakers and radio as the window became dark. Knock Out jolted, a servo reaching for his chassis. "Ugh, jump scares..." Rather effective though, as Knock Out wasn't the only one in the drive-in who flinched. The camera moved to the back of the house, a light shadow on the wall as it entered the back door. Knock Out leaned forward on his knees. Aah...so the camera was the point of view of a person. Probably this Michael! But who was he? The female's boyfriend? Or maybe even ex-boyfriend? A light switched on in the kitchen, and an arm reached for a drawer. An arm with...a poofy green sleeve? It fished out a knife, a rather large one, and held it out in a rather...'stabby stabby' position. Knock Out grinned to himself, oh yes! Michael had to be a boyfriend to the female, angry to see her with another man! What a strangely blase female too, not caring if her boyfriend was around before going upstairs to interface with somebody else. Both servoes positioned themselves under his chin as Michael approached the stairs, only to back up as the other male began to leave. "Get him, get him!" Knock Out urged. Somehow, the fool didn't notice Michael as he left, and Michael left the man intact! The camera returned to the stairs and began to climb them, finally reaching the second floor. His attention was completely on the screen, eager to see what Michael the jilted boyfriend may do.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:59 pm

"I think it has more to do with his stubbornness and refusal to admit wrongdoing rather than his brain."

Alas, the AI’s wit had seemingly flown over Knockout’s head, but he had a point. ”Indeed, although I suppose that has to do with his occupation. Both he and Fear have become very... determined when their authority was brought into question in the past.” KARR stated, taking a moment to analyze the expressions that crossed the mech’s face. Many of the robots he came across carried a human-esque face, even if they were not built by humans, yet it was still a detail he could not help but find fascinating when he came across it. That a portion of a machine’s engineering would be devoted completely to facial expressions was nearly unnecessary when inflections in tone could say plenty, but when it came to interacting with equally expressive creatures it undoubtedly was invaluable in gaining their trust. "Yes, Fear and I go a few years back actually, he was one of the first people I have met when I arrived. In fact, I taught him well in regards to blending in, it is a pity that the other has not taken to it so readily, but I suppose not everyone can be clever enough to know when to adapt.”

Perhaps earlier on he may have been more careful about keeping mum regarding his association with the Dark Judges, but with one having retired and the other hardly making an effort to lay low himself... Well, there was no point in keeping up appearances, was there?

”Indeed, although if we were in the city, you may not be able to carry out their sentencing yourself.” He suggested thoughtfully. How much sweeter would revenge be if it were him tossing out the trouble-maker instead of letting some omnipotent police-gods do it for him? Although, as satisfying as it was, there had to be something said for the sheer efficiency of the city’s guardians... There was a reason the citizens did not wish to incur their wrath, else he would have seen far more criminal activity within their jurisdiction.

As for a store or a laundromat, KARR was the more knowledgeable of the two in regards to which would be more reliable. ”The laundromat will have all you require to clean your cape, it would be best to look there first.” He suggested. The odds of a 24 hour laundromat being open after the showing was far more likely, and far more efficient than looking for detergent and then looking around for a place to wash his cape. Better to go to a place that had everything he was looking for than waste time running around. As for whether the movie would be a good one for his first time, the AI hoped so as well. Although as he and the mech kept watching, it looked like it would be a good movie for his first time. Being outside was more natural to KARR, including the elements that he tended to deal with, sitting outside in the heat, cold and rain were nothing new to him, and with how his MBS tended to be sealed to keep out moisture from the elements to spare his circuitry, he found little to complain about.

Knockout chuckled, and the AI could not help but realize he had hardly heard the mech laugh during any of their previous meetings. He personally did not find the noise he had made to be very amusing, but he let it slide this time. The mech went into a diatribe regarding the dynamic of cybertronians and humans, and he could not help but find himself growing a little more distracted from the movie the more he went on. Although, he quickly figured a likely possibility as to who the Autobots had become so... paternal towards the short-lived apes. ”It could be that they researched the humans while they were on the planet, if the Earth you were on is similar to one I came from. As for placing the planet in danger, I wonder to what extent you mean, in the dimension I came from, humans were already well on their way to putting Earth in danger with their actions. Depending on the route, perhaps they would only be hastening the inevitable.” Food for thought, and nothing more. Personally he would not have minded if the human race had been a casualty of their intergalactic tiff.

As for alien movies, that would be something to see! ”I would certainly come and watch if you find anything.” KARR stated quietly, all too curious to know what another planet could have for entertainment. Especially if they were robots themselves. As for the director, the AI considered perhaps offering the medic a list, if not for the movie starting to move on from the scene on the couch. Though the AI did not jolt like Knockout had at the piano shrill, it did not stop him from having a chuckle himself at the medic’s expense. He personally did not see the logic behind startling at a sound coming from a speaker or an image from a screen, but he figured most likely Knockout was not expecting it, despite how focused he was on the movie. ”Jump scares?” KARR echoed quietly, his vocalizer imitating a whisper. Was that what Knockout called the phenomena? It was a question to be answered later, for the one that was possibly known as Michael was making his move. In through the back door and into the kitchen, and as he looked in the drawer for a knife, they had the first glimpse of what the person looked like.

A poofy sleeve, small stubby fingers, caucasian... It looked like a young child from what he could gather. There was no reflection of the child’s face upon the knife, and it did not speak.

Though he did stalk, through the dining room, waiting in the shadows as the boyfriend passed by, in the middle of redressing as well. Up the stairs he went, although at this point the AI doubted he would be doing anything to the male that had been with the girl earlier...  Much like Knockout, his focus was on the screen, and with what he gathered from the initial scene, he was certain, 99.9 percent certain in fact, that the girl would not be surviving this night. Despite this, he refrained from spoiling Knockout with his calculation, the mech looked very interested in what was going to happen, perhaps even eager from how he leaned forward on his knees.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:14 am

Hm, yes... Fear and Mortis could be considered downright tame until those badges made themselves known. The two fiends would work fine in a group, until they acted on their badges and began to plot to kill the living in the group. Or, in Knock Out's case, punish others in the group for breaking a law of some kind. Just moments ago with Mortis, the cause of the entire situation had been disrespect for the badge! Their occupation...their authority... That was when it got extremely dangerous with the Judges. The former medic hummed in agreement, digits pinching the fabric of his cape lightly. A few of the extra corn kernels clung to the fabric, and once he managed to get his talons into them he flicked them right off. As for KARR and Fear, seems they had been acquainted since KARR had come here. KARR insisted that he had taught Fear how to blend in, thinking that Mortis had not quite taken in such lessons. "Well, until that temper acts up, he isn't half bad at laying low. Can't say much for his skills at improv, though..." Though Fear had enough ham to make an entire package of bacon, he must have taken the lion's share of it for his brother to have none.

"Hm, true..." It was why he rather liked this place in the outer district. An entire property, all his own. Outside of the ISO's jurisdiction as well, which meant he could give sentencing and answer to no one. After having to answer to megalomaniacs... It was rather nice to be his own boss. His servo clenched into a light fist as a smirk grew upon his faceplates. "I rather like getting to do the sentencing myself." KARR suggested that the laundromat would be best, having everything he would need inside of it. "Alright, I should have some quarters inside of the concession stand somewhere." That's what those places used, right? Quarters?

Researching the humans did sound like something the Autobots would do... Any researching the Decepticons had been directly related to whatever they needed information on. And who needs personal research about humans and their behavior? Knock Out himself was rather entranced by their work with cars, and the media... The smirk grew, and the mech chuckled lowly. "Oh yes, their world is close to destruction without any of our help. The greenhouse gases cooking in that atmosphere will cook the planet up soon enough." Why not make as much use of the planet while they could, for the best of their people? Ah, but the Autobots were rather soft... "You shall be the first to know, when I find some." Knock Out asserted with a nod. Surely the library would have something...

KARR was not quite so easily startled, or if he was it was very hard to tell with his body the way it was. Knock Out settled back into a relaxed pose, glancing to the Trans Am. Leaning in his direction, Knock Out whispered back "Yes, it's a technique in movies, usually horror. You build a bit of tension and then startle the audience with something they don't expect. Like a music cue, or a cat jumping into frame, or a harmless character popping into frame. When used too much, it is rather cheap because it uses 'false' scares to generate tension." For instance, there should logically be no reason for such a dramatic piano sting when the lights turned off, aside from being a 'cue'/scare for the audience. With that brief explanation given, the movie continued.

As Michael moved to enter a bedroom, he found something crumpled on the ground. Knock Out's helm tilted to the side, optics narrowing. The arm moved into frame again, grabbing it up. Now that he saw a better look at the arm, it looked rather...small. Thin. As for the crumpled item on the floor, it looked to be a mask. A clown mask, to be exact, with a bulbous red nose. Was that the mask the human male had been messing with...? He hadn't gotten a good look the first time. Michael placed the mask on, and the camera was affected. Now literally seeing the events play out through Michael's eyes, Knock Out leaned forward until he almost looked to be laying on the ground. Entering into the room, the piano sting returned as the camera settled onto the figure of the woman.

"Ugh..." Knock Out's mouth curled in judgemental disgust, confused more than anything. Why...was that woman sitting in front of a mirror, topless? And why was she brushing her hair?! With a glance to the messy bed, Michael lurked closer and closer. The human seemed to spy him in the mirror, turning around and covering herself quickly.

"Michael!" The female scolded, seeming rather...upset to be found by him. As the stabbing began, it was almost hard to tell, the wounds slicing into her below where the camera could see. There was definitely a nice, almost squishy sort of impact from each thrust though, and even Michael himself seemed to look at his stabbing hand curiously. The woman herself moaned and yelped out in agony with each stab, still trying to cover herself all the while. With one last yell, the female collapsed onto the ground, a deep red smeared across her chest as she stopped moving. Michael and the camera moved away, leaving the woman to settle into the ground. As he began to descend the stairs, there was a new sound. Panting, almost panicked. Compared to before, Michael seemed to move a lot faster, the breathing still so audible. He went out the front door, as a car drove up to the house. Michael continued to leave the house, approaching the sidewalk where the car had parked itself. The mech's metal brow raised several notches as he watched the scene play out. Two figures climbed out of the car, male and female. The female's parents...? As the camera came closer, Knock Out's optics widened at what seemed to be Michael's short stature, the eyes of the camera level with the hips of the two who came out of the car. They both called out Michael's name, and the camera abruptly shifted.

No longer filmed from Michael's perspective, the camera revealed a small child in a clown suit and mask, a huge and bloody knife held in one hand. The man reached out, pulling the mask off and Michael stared vacantly, not looking at either of the parents. Both parents stood there as the camera pulled away, seemingly at a loss as their child stood before them with a bloody knife. Knock Out gasped at the reveal, before he let out a deep, hearty laugh. "Ha! It was a sparkling! Er, a child! He stabbed the female!" How interesting... It wasn't often in movies that the human young were stone cold killers. Especially with a sibling! "This should be good..." Well and truly intrigued now, he settled into his spot comfortably. The grin on his face plates never seemed to falter.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Well, in the beginning he had taught fear a few things... later on he was certain that the ghoul figured things out for himself or had learned a few things from Kev. So long as Fear was not winding up on the wrong side of the ISOs or came running to him with a mob snapping at his cape, the AI found it not worth fretting over who exactly taught him his skills.

Though it was damn satisfying to say he had been the one to teach him.

”...He was admittedly better in the past.” KARR noted, ”Uncouth and outright disrespectful of keeping my interior dirt-free, but more than capable of improvising. This year seems to be trying for him.” It was a fact that the AI stated reluctantly,  the recent memory of his outburst making the statement of any good opinion of the sheep-skulled Dark Judge a challenge. Not to mention that corpse-fluid stain was still on his dashboard monitor...

"I rather like getting to do the sentencing myself."

Well, that made two. ”As do I.” KARR replied, a little more chipper as they gravitated away from the topic of Judge Mortis. Whether it was sentencing some poor fool that wandered onto the farm, an insolent wretch that had crossed his and Fear’s path, or contributing to some ‘pest control’ prior to his driver’s retirement, the AI did enjoy doing the dirty work; hardly afraid to get his tires dirty.

Ah, good times... Perhaps he could find someone else to share that fun with. With how busy Fear looked to be with Kev, the possibility of being invited to a slaughter was placed into a lower percentile of his chances. Certainly the AI could go and do some killing himself, but wanton destruction and death was not exactly his modus operandi. KARR was a machine that preferred to put some method to his madness, as the saying went. Speaking of that, whether or not the bargain he made between himself and Mortis likely was no longer standing after what had occurred upon being ejected into the parking lot. KARR’s optic leveled upon the medic as he heard him chuckle, noting the smirk that pulled itself across the cybertronian’s faceplates. ”Greenhouse gases, pollution of their own supplies of drinkable water, destroying entire species of organisms, and of course cutting down acres upon acres of the very plant-life responsible for their oxygen. The list goes on. They feared succumbing to the fallout of a nuclear war when their demise was already being set in motion beneath their very noses.” the AI stated, none too impressed with the creatures that deemed themselves the dominant species. Being the first to know if Knockout found any good movies, however? That was a far better note. Unexpected, but very welcome.”Thank you.” He rumbled quietly.

Alas, it was very hard to tell if a car was startled or not. Although an argument could be made that a car-alarm could make for a fitting equivalent to a human’s expression of fear. This particular vehicle was not equipped with chirping theft alarms or a wailing siren, for obvious reasons.

”Oh, so it is a mood setter, like suspense.” KARR whispered back, noticing how Knockout was leaning towards him, as if to keep the conversation secluded. What observations he had made of humans in the past left him with the information that many of them tended to enjoy the rush of adrenaline that fear put into them. Though it seemed counter-intuitive to him to want to trigger a fight-or-flight instinct when there was no real danger, especially given how taxing the chemical could be on the body. Then again, humans enjoyed plenty of illogical, and often self-destructive behavior and past times.

Meanwhile on the screen, the child that could or could not be Michael made his way up the stairs, impressively silent as he crept towards a bedroom door. The point of view settled upon the clown mask from earlier, which was picked up and placed upon his face. Interesting, so the child was aware of the interest of hiding their own identity to avoid blame? If so this human offspring held a budding sense of cunning, as demonstrated from their earlier stalk through the house.

Looking through the eye-holes of the mask, the AI pondered if this was indeed what a human saw when they put those halloween masks upon their face. If so, the range of vision was rather limited. An optic meandered over towards his movie-buddy as he noticed some movement from the cherry-red mech. Oh... Someone was completely engrossed in what was going to happen next. Knockout was almost laying on the ground from how he was leaning forward! A silent command was given, and the AI took advantage of the medic’s distracted state to take a snapshot of the amusing position.

A memento of his first visit to a drive-in theatre, of course. Or at least that would be the alibi that KARR would use if anyone asked. Technically he would not be lying.

Although the expression of intrigue was short-lived as no sooner that the young woman appeared upon the screen again, his expression turned to that of disgust. Surprised scolding flooded in through his radio as the woman went to cover herself. In the process they learned that the child was indeed Michael. Soon after, the stabbing started, a scene the AI found oddly enjoyable... But-- wait, why was he staring at his hand while he was stabbing?

Didn’t he need to see where the knife was going? What if he stabbed himself while marveling at his tool of carnage? A tool that oddly looked very clean for having been driven into the woman’s body multiple times... On top of that the woman seemed more preoccupied with covering herself instead of running away. It seemed fight-or-flight was wasted upon this particular human.

Michael however, after the deed was done and the girl was dead, flight took precedence as he raced down the stairs, likely pumped with adrenaline from the ‘thrill of the hunt’ as Fear would call it. A car pulled up to the house as he made his way outside, the child moving down the sidewalk as two adults stepped out of the vehicle.  It appeared they recognized Michael as they approached him. Then, the camera shifted and panned out to reveal that the killer was indeed a child, dressed as a clown and holding the bloodied chef’s knife.

The mask was removed and KARR noticed that the child looked distant despite the earlier scene. Perhaps he was in shock himself as much as his parents? The AI heard a gasp next to him, and was momentarily distracted by Knockout’s laughter. ”Indeed, it is usually rare that a human would display murderous tendencies in childhood.” He rumbled thoughtfully, equally intrigued with how the scene played out. The child hardly looked ten yet, and he already killed someone! Usually there were a series of steps, a killer starting with insects and small animals before graduating to humans. This one looked like he went ‘full ham’, as he heard people say.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Knock Out nodded in sober agreement. With that little adventure in the territory of the Red and White Queens, Mortis was definitely able to improvise better. "I also remember him having better control of his temper." Drugging aside, Mortis snapped at Knock Out once and that was in a private conversation with Fear. It certainly hadn't become physical, and the Judge had backed off enough to let him walk away. The reason for such a change was apparently due to the events of this past year... The mech raised a metallic brow, but otherwise did not push for any elaborations. KARR sounded reluctant, and pressing the issue may lead to him clamming up. Not for the first time, Knock Out silently cursed how much of a hermit he'd become... What exactly had he missed?!

Well that wasn't too surprising to learn... KARR liked 'sentencing' as much as Knock Out himself did. A couple of intelligent race cars who liked to handle their own business! The Trans Am's response earned him a smirk of approval. The former medic listened as KARR seemed to go down the list of human transgressions, all the methods those silly fleshy people had put into motion that would wind up destroying their own world. Perhaps Cybertronians weren't all that much better...their own war had destroyed their planet almost entirely. Yet, humans still seemed to be more destructive. After all, how much of what KARR just listed actually came as a result of a war? How much of it was due to human waste and arrogance? Nearly all of it. The crimson mech shook his helm with a sigh. "Humans...quite an artistic species, but also...rather stupid." How could such creative creatures be so short-sighted? "You're welcome." Hey, maybe other robots and aliens would be interested too!

"Yes, yes, exactly! Suspense!" He affirmed, nodding his helm eagerly. It really did set the mood, just as the angle of the camera did. By watching everything play out slowly, and from the point of view of the perpetrator, it allowed the audience to watch the gears turn as Michael put his little action into motion. And what an action it was...stabbing his own older sister to death. Despite some logistic errors in the beginning sequence, Knock Out had to admit this John Carpenter knew how to create tension... Forcing his chuckling down into a more light snicker, Knock Out glanced to his movie watching companion and nodded. "Right? Unless possessed by a demon or something, children in movies are usually bright-eyed innocents! At the time this movie originally came out, this Michael might have been the first of his kind..." You know, before Hollywood did the irksome thing it tended to do and copied everything that seemed to get people's interest. As another time skip set up the next scene, Knock Out resumed his lax position on the ground, chin perked up by his own hands as his elbows settled into the grass...

Time: 9:29 PM
    Date: October 30th, 0006

The screen turned back, orange text flashing onscreen with the movie's title, Halloween. The same music that played in the title sequence, and that had been playing during the last scene, continued to play from speakers and radio alike as the text began to scroll. As the names of the cast were revealed, Knock Out pushed himself back into a sitting position and stretched his arms about to get the Energon flowing. Around them, several car engines roared into action and head lights began to dot the screen. It seems that some of the visitors for tonight had come only for the first film. As those people began to leave, their tires crunching along the sand, the Cybertronian turned to KARR. "So, what'd you think? How was that, for your first Drive-In movie ever?" He questioned with a curious lilt to his voice. Briefly, his optics flickered down to the dried stains upon his paintjob. "Hm...we've got about fifteen minutes before the next film. I might drop by the concession stand to clean up and get a cube of Energon. Do you...want anything? I've got motor oil but..." Crimson optics briefly scanned KARR's grill. He didn't exactly have a mouth to drink with, now did he...?
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Improvisation, controlling his temper...There were many things that had slipped from the sheep-skulled undead’s grasp as of late. ”Hm, usually Fear is the one to help reign him in.” KARR observed, an optic drifting to where the Dark Judge had stormed off. Through the bushes and out towards the highway, a trail of rot was prevalent along with the maggots that tended to follow in the ghoul’s footsteps. The optic that was still on Knockout noticed that he evidently was curious about what exactly what happened... But KARR was not one to air dirty laundry without reason.

Especially if it could come back to bite him.

Thus, he moved away from the topic, deciding instead to focus on the smirk that drew itself across Knockout’s faceplates. It appeared they had a small, very very small kinship over preferring to do the dirty work themselves. Along with an agreement on the human race. ”I suppose they have their moments. However, genius is only a step away from insanity.” He mused. They were especially creative when it came to methods of killing each other, or threatening to kill each other. Thankfully they were never stupid enough to literally blow up the planet.

...Not that it would not have been welcome. Earth could always use less humans. An eager nod was the response to KARR’s surmisation regarding the suspenseful tactics of Mr. Carpenter, and while KARR was not as open to expressing his amusement as the medic; he enjoyed the scene all the same. Although he could not help but find it surprising that Michael was the first of his kind. Having hardly paid much attention to entertainment and movies lest they were about AI’s, KARR naturally was not so versed in the usual tropes. ”So he is?” He replied slowly, surprise trickling into his synthesized voice. Although thankfully that also meant he was unfamiliar with the Hollywood habit of recycling every decent plot that came their way. ”I did not know that.” KARR admitted, watching with one optic as the medic settled into the grass.

After a moment there was a soft hiss from the trans-am’s hydraulics, and the two-toned machine mirrored the behavior in a similar fashion. The car’s body was soon flat on the ground, a amber glow illuminating the grass as KARR’s scanner paced slowly. Now, what would become of young Michael?

-----

By the time the movie came to its end, KARR and unknowingly idled forward two inches, his crawling, albeit interested path pressed into the grass beneath him. An optic idly watched as the cast scrolled by on the screen, he noticed Knockout begin to stir from his place on the ground. His arms stretched and flexed, evidently to get the stillness out of his joints. ”Do your hydraulics tend to lock up?” He asked, giving the shrunken medic a small scan. KARR’s own systems were not prone to locking up over a few hour span, and so his hydraulics lifted him from the grassy ground with another quiet hiss. Inside his cockpit the radio still played the tune of the ending credits softly.

"So, what'd you think? How was that, for your first Drive-In movie ever?"

”I enjoyed it.” Though the AI did not have the ability to express himself with facial movements, there was a definite smile in his tone. There was suspense, action, plenty of blood and gore... And a lot for KARR to ponder upon in regards to which Michael would win should they end up on Gamma X and meet. Would it be the bloodthirsty, cunning, seemingly invulnerable Michael Meyers, or the stubborn, impudent Michael Knight?

...His odds calculator tended to lean in Meyer’s favor, of course. He was mindful to keep KITT out of the equation, if only for his own satisfaction.

KARR’s own optics followed Knockout’s as he studied the stains on his paint, it would not take much effort to get ketchup and mustard out of his paneling, although the kernels would take a little more finesse. He turned his attention to his movie-buddy’s face as he asked if he wanted anything from the concession stand. For a small moment, no longer than a few seconds, the AI was quiet, taken off guard by the request. Part of him found the question to be alien, the other found it amusing. Him, a computer in a vehicle body, needing something from a food stand. Wilton may have been a smart man, but he doubted that he would have been able to find a scientist that would have been able to convert a salty pretzel or sugary soft drink into combustible fuel that would not threaten to gum up his turbines. Soon enough there was a low drone of his scanner picking up its pace and the AI took a glance over his fluid levels.

”My fluid levels are still at optimal and I detect no signs of leakage, I will not be needing anything.” He replied, pausing for a moment before adding, ”...But thank you for the offer.” That was what people tended to say when politely turning down an offer, he remembered. Although, now he was curious...

”I take it energon is your fuel?” He asked, his turbines starting with a low whine. Knockout was going to have a companion on his trip to the concession stand.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:40 pm

KARR's closer proximity to the screen was noted, even making the mech smirk lightly. Looks like he wasn't the only one engrossed in the film. Knock Out's forearm rolled about, a light crunching sound as his elbow joint moved. With a wide stretch outward, pieces of kernel rained down from his elbow joint. Nodding his helm in the direction of the impromptu drizzle, he answered "Well, these things certainly don't help at all." He performed a similar stretching motion for his knee joints, kernels crunching and sliding out in pieces again. "Admittedly, I think my body is still used to being in the heat of battle. If it locks up during times of leisure like that, it's because leisure was hard to come by back home." A shrug of the shoulders. "Even off of Earth, there was always somewhere to go. More Energon to track down. You could sit down for maybe a few solar cycles...and then it was back into the fray."

As for the A.I.'s opinion on the movie? Well, the Trans Am was short but sweet with it. Better that he enjoyed it than hated it. KARR definitely sounded happier than Knock Out had ever heard him. Of course, most of their little meet ups weren't exactly full of such friendly behavior, but he wasn't about to complain. It was a new side to KARR, but a welcome one. Now standing, he nodded in approval. "I'm glad! I'd hate for your first movie to be an awful one...my first movies were lower quality than what we just saw, though the acting was about the same. Parts of it were cheesy but... It was a type of cheese I could handle!" As long as the punchline was pretty violent and great. Some of the romantic movies could get cheesy, and the former medic wasn't particularly fond of that kind of cheese.

Shifting his weight upon one hip, the crimson mech blinked down at KARR's hood. A fist settled upon one hip as well, silently waiting for an answer. Now that he'd asked it, Knock Out actually felt a bit embarrassed for asking. He didn't know how KARR got his fuel, whatever it was, but it'd be a miracle if he had any of it in his concession stand. Soon, the drone of KARR's light returned and he answered that his fluid was at an optimal level. "Alright." He turned to start walking away, but he paused to answer back. "You're welcome."

Now, imagine his surprise when the Trans Am's engine started up! KARR was still making conversation, and hadn't immediately taken off or started saying his 'good bye's. That meant he was likely going to follow Knock Out to the concession stand. Glancing over a shoulder with a surprised look, it melted into a more casual one, at ease with the situation as he started down the little sandy patch to the concession stand. Making sure to keep to the side of it so KARR could keep up, he nodded his helm. "Yes, Energon is our fuel. It's radioactive though, so I wouldn't advise any organics try any, and I'm not sure if your systems could take it." Peeking over a shoulder at KARR, Knock Out raised a metal brow at him. "So what kind of fuel do you use? Just gasoline? Diesel, maybe?"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:36 pm

A few more kernels fell from Knockout's joints, and the mech earned his two-toned patron's quiet sympathies. Even with a technician to clean out all the grit and debris from driving off-road, the process of cleaning it all out and the performance drop from getting dirt in his components was irritating. "Indeed. Do you have a technician who could perform some maintenance?" KARR asked, watching him flex his knee joints. Although the two-toned vehicle knew little about being in the heat of battle like Knockout had, he certainly remembered what it was like being constantly on the run. Staying ahead of Michael Knight and KITT was work enough in itself, given the inferior model happened to be outfitted with the same technology he had.

"I know the feeling." KARR rumbled after a small moment of silence. It may not have been fighting a war of scouring a planet for resources, but it was similar. Just as the ex-medic had never seen the AI amused or chipper during their prior interactions, KARR admittedly had never been given the opportunity to really speak with Knockout outside of banter during their races.

It was... A nice change, he had to admit.

As for the amount of 'cheese' in the movie, KARR found himself mulling over the saying in his processors, the expression new to him. Although his databanks quickly went to the literal definition of cheese, the AI figured it was something more figurative. Like the slang Tony and The Rev used. He did not detect much in the way of cheese in the movie, plenty of guts and blood whenever Michael took his knife to someone -which was incredibly satisfying- but little in the way of swiss, cheddar, bleu, or american. Though from what Knockout was suggesting, likely he was referring to low quality acting. As a first-time movie goer, KARR of course had little expertise in that area. "Yes, Meyer's performance was satisfying to watch." He agreed, attempting to add his own opinion on the matter. A film-watcher was he, yes.

Yes, the AI was going to follow Knockout to the concession stand. With a dull whine KARR drove up to idle along next to Knockout, the action slightly reminiscent of a different time. Sand crunched beneath his tires, and KARR's scanner paced idly from side to side. A nod registered in the AI's microscanners, and he soon was given an answer to his question. Radioactive and dangerous to most systems, this energon sounded like quite an interesting substance, if not possibly lethal. "I don't believe my fuel processor would be able to handle it." He admitted. While that miraculous device could process just about any combustible liquid, a radioactive alien fuel likely was not in mind during the engineering phase. As for what he could handle however... "My turbines operate primarily on hydrogen gas, but I am able to process both gasoline and diesel fuel if necessary." KARR replied, a little proud of having a versatile system for himself.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:55 pm

"Indeed. Do you have a technician who could perform some maintenance?"

Knock Out was silent for a moment, though his servoes kept absentmindedly busy. Talons traced the edges of his seams to pick out a few bits of debris, making a note to himself that once the showings for today were finished, this lot would need to be cleaned up. Crimson optics glanced to the Trans Am, gaze duller and yet more sharp. More serious. Not quite angry, but with a bitter sort of fire in the glow of his optics. "The only mech I trusted to be my assistant was offlined. I can be my own technician in his...absence." There were definitely moments, such as now, where he missed Breakdown's helpful servoes. To have a second pair of them assisting him... Someone he could trust completely. Breakdown was one of a kind, there was no doubt about that. He was not so easily replaced.

His helm did tilt curiously with KARR's agreement, and his optics became less acerbic. "You do, huh?" Admittedly...the former medic did not know KARR's past. He remembered that KARR had been made by humans, and that things happened to make that relationship pretty sour. If KARR really did know what being constantly on the move was like...well, it didn't take a genius to figure out why. "Humans can be rather stubborn once they've made their mind up about something. I suppose the humans that created you were constantly trying to capture you. But from your performance on the roads, I bet you didn't make it easy for them." The mech winked at him. How interesting... Knock Out had never realized how much they had in common, before.

Nodding in solemn agreement, Knock Out added to KARR's opinion. "Oh yes, he was great. And the woman who played Laurie did a better job than the woman in the beginning who played Michael's older sister." Now there was some quality cheese. A woman being stabbed to death, and her first thought was to cover her little chest lumps as she was dying? Priorities... "The Doctor was good as well, though quite intense... Michael's eyes didn't look so evil to me, but then, we didn't see them much under that mask." Perhaps the Doctor was biased, or just a little off his rocker himself. Until they saw the sequels, there was no way to know for sure.

Both servoes planted securely upon his own hips, the mech made his way down the path at a slow pace. There was no hurry, really. Up ahead, he could spy patrons that hadn't immediately left making a beeline for the concession stand as well. Some were probably getting more snacks, others likely wanted to use the restroom. On the screen, as the credits came to an end, it went black for a moment, and sound over the speakers and radio went silent. It would not stay this way, of course, but for now the only sound they could hear was hushed chatter from other patrons, KARR's engines and tires, and Knock Out's own metallic footsteps. And of course, their conversation. "I thought not." Far too dangerous to even chance it. As for KARR's fuel though, he gave a rather curious answer. "Really...? Can't say I've ever heard of a human car using hydrogen gas but...I suppose you are more than just a car." One with a versatile system too, as in addition, he could also take in either gasoline or diesel fuel. "Hm! Do you have a preference?" Did KARR even have a sense of 'taste' for fuel?
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Apparently that question hit a soft spot. KARR' optics took note of a difference in the mech's expression and tone, the bitter look in his own red optics. Oh, so he had an assistant, who unfortunately had been offlined. "I see." KARR softly responded, wise to refrain from asking anything more about the subject. It still was a sore area for Knockout to talk about, and this evening thus far had been pleasant since Mortis left. Best to keep it that way.

The AI idled along next to Knockout, amber scanner pacing from side to side. Thankfully the topic changed quickly enough to something else. "Certainly." He agreed, a little surprised at how well the Cybertronian understood. The humans, especially. He could calculate that there were plenty who would blame him for being the reason that he was chased, at least back on Earth. Here... there was a growing number of people that were welcoming, and not to cover for an ulterior motive. They did not want to use him to rob banks, or to pose as a slick ride; for the few years he had been here, it was oddly refreshing.

For now, it was the AI's turn to be a little bitter. Something akin to a sigh escaped his vocalizer and KARR explained a little further. "In a sense. The humans that had been chasing me were more interested in destruction than capture." If they were not trying to fry his circuitry with a laser, he was getting chased into the ocean, or cornered into a head-head duel by turbo-boost. A smile managed to make its way into his synthetic voice, his bitterness thawing for a moment. "Of course. Even the production copy they sent to pursue me struggled to keep up." Which for the most part was true, KITT would not have been able to figure out where he was if not for the pilot guiding him along.

The newer AI was gullible enough to drive right into his trap as well for the sake of his driver, a trap which would have worked if his power packs had been fully charged before their confrontation at the marina.

As for Laurie, the AI could not help but agree. "Definitely so. The character herself was very resourceful. I suppose what counts as a look of evil varies from person to person. Even if Michael's eyes did not look evil, his actions made up for it well enough." The man recovered from being stabbed in the neck with a knitting needle, and from what his optics could discern from the shot, the wound was not that far away from an artery. He only died after being shot several times with a pistol! "His resilience was striking nonetheless." He added after a short moment. Further on his scanners picked up a number of people heading to get refreshments of their own, and he took a moment to gain some information on the forming group.

Vitals, identities, what they had in their pockets... Easily and quickly deduced. Credit card numbers were written into his memory and filed away for later use, for there was never a time that money would not come in handy. Not until someone had managed to find a way to annihilate Portal Breach's population eternally. All of this was done within a fraction of a second, and without losing focus on their conversation or where the trans-am was rolling. "I would need to upgrade my systems in order to process it without potentially damaging them." He agreed, observing the medic's curiosity regarding his fuel processor. Many did not assume a human-made vehicle to take much of anything beyond gasoline, he knew. It certainly sent Tony for a loop in terms of what to do with him... Although he could figure a number of better methods than simply dumping the car off at the Mexican border while "you-o and me-o head to Rio."

Some memories tarnished with age. This one rusted and rotted from the inside out.

"Indeed I am." KARR agreed proudly. He was the car of the future, bold and new! "My systems run the most efficiently on hydrogen gas, so I would suppose that makes it a preference. Otherwise kerosene or high octane would be my second choice if available." He uttered, calculating the numbers just as quickly as he deduced his choices. It was all about the numbers, and how often he would need maintenance due to an 'unusual fuel' coursing through his engine.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am