Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Trick Or Treat!

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Time: 5:34 PM
    Date: Halloween!

The houses of the suburban district were busier than usual, though it was to be expected on a day such as this. Some houses had parties, a lot of houses had Halloween decorations in their yards, and kids in costumes darted from house to house with a familiar chant.

Trick or Treat~!

Costumes of many kinds flitted about the neighborhoods. Flashy, glittery costumes of magic and angelic proportions, gory fake blood and three layers of caked on make up. Ripped clothes, frilly clothes that had been carefully sewn, props a plenty, and no shortage of pillowcases or pumpkin buckets. Dark blacks and bloody reds, as well as baby butt greens and bright whites filled the streets. Giggling filled the air, along with a scream or two from a well placed scare. Kyoko Sakura watched it all from a nearby rooftop, grinning widely. "Just gotta put on some finishing touches..." Today the young teenager was wearing clothes that were actually...new. She was not wearing her usual, casual wear, nor was she wearing her magical girl outfit. On this night, the red head was wearing a pair of black army boots, and black leggings that went to the middle of her thigh. A dark red shirt and a belt around her waist that supported her skirt, a frilly number in red, gray and black. She was also wearing a dark cloak that draped around her shoulders, clasped by a white skull. The cloak looked ripped in places, with quite a few holes. Kyoko did a little spin, assessing her outfit before she reached for her long hair. Combing through it with her fingers, she styled her hair into a pair of long pigtails, and tied each pigtail with a hair band with skulls that matched the cloak clasp. Satisfied, she placed her hands upon her hips.

"Just one more thing..." She held a hand out in front of her, and her Soul Gem materialized within her palm. Reaching into it, Kyoko withdrew her spear and placed it to stand in front of her, circling it. "Definitely not the right shape..." She reached forward, hands clasping the shaft and as she moved her hands down the shaft of the spear, it began to change. It became shorter, more manageable in its height. When she got to the spear head, she moved her hand in a motion resembling a crescent moon. The spear followed the arch of her hand, and a shimmering red jewel appeared on the hilt of it. The spear had become a scythe. Reaching down to grab a Jack-O-Lantern bucket, Kyoko leapt off of the rooftop and ran into the fray. Aiming for the first house she could see, Kyoko easily fell into line with the other kids waiting at the door. Varying shapes and sizes for these kids, as well as their costumes. A mummy and a vampire were easily recognizable, though others...not so much. Maybe they were monsters from somewhere else?

The door of the modest home opened, and an elderly woman with a witch hat greeted them with a kindly smile. Kyoko grinned from ear to ear as everyone shouted the magic words. "Trick or treat!" Scythe held steady in one hand, she thrust her bucket forward.

"Oh my! Don't you all look spooky?~" The woman cooed, before reaching for something on a table next to the door. A large bowl with candies of all kinds, she reached a wrinkled hand into the bowl and grabbed a fist of candy. "Here you are, dearies, here you are..." Moving on at a time, she unfurled her hand and dropped the candy into their waiting bags. "Happy Halloween!"

Kyoko waited patiently until the woman reached her pumpkin, gently placing the fist of candy into it for her to eat. Kyoko brought it close to peek inside before she looked back up at the woman and tipped her head to her. "Thanks!" She skipped away happily, candy bouncing within her plastic bucket. As far as houses went, that woman was one of the more generous ones. Though her hand seemed frail, there had to have been at least six pieces of candy in there! Kyoko grinned proudly and made a beeline to the next house, only pausing when she suddenly heard someone complain.

"Uugh...snickers bar? I hate nuts!" Kyoko turned her head and came to a stop, recognizing the kid to be the mummy from the house she'd just come from. Beneath the gauze, he looked to be about eleven. "Do you want it?" He asked his friend, who had not been to the house they had just been to. This kid was wearing a red suit with a forked tail that dragged behind, a couple of horns atop his head and a pitch fork. His face had been painted red with a black goatee, and he looked about the same age as the mummy. Neither of them seemed to notice Kyoko, who was standing only inches away from them with a small frown on her face.

"Dude, I'm allergic to nuts..."

"Tsk...guess I'll just throw it away when I get hom-"

She did it before she could even think, one hand reaching forward to snag the boy's wrist tightly. Both boys noticed her then, yelping as Kyoko glared at the two of them. "Don't you dare throw that away!" Her hand tightened around his wrist, and the mummy released the snickers. As soon as the candy bar began to fall to the ground, she released his hand and snatched it up, mid-air.

"Wh...what's it to you, huh?! What do you care what I do with my candy?" The mummy sneered.

"Dude no, she looks crazy..." The devil kid urged, both hands resting on the mummy's shoulders as he cowered behind him.

Kyoko ignored them both, focusing instead on the candy. She smoothed out the wrapper of the candy bar, from where it had been clenched in the boy's frightened fist, and she dropped it into her bucket. The mummy gasped out a protest that was cutoff when a bite sized Hershey bar smacked him in the face. The boy's reflexes caught on and he grabbed it before it fell to the grass. "If you or your friends have candy you don't want or can't eat, just give it to me and I'll trade you for it. I can eat any candy, I don't care. But I won't stand for anyone wasting a single piece tonight."

Both boys glanced at each other before staring at Kyoko in a dumbfounded manner. "Uh...okay..."

"So you'll like...take all of the candy I get that has nuts and peanut butter in it?" The devil inquired, peeking over his friend.

Kyoko shrugged. "Sure! That goes for everyone here, too." Kyoko turned her back to the two of them, waving her hand as she walked away. "Spread the word, if you want! If you need me, just look for the scythe!" Their eyes only left Kyoko's back when she had disappeared into the crowd, and Kyoko dashed to another house. Looks like tonight was going to be profitable in terms of how much candy she was going to get!
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Trick Or Treat!

Post by Tally on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:10 am

"Come on Ttone! The next house is right there! Arrrgh! This would be so much faster if your mom would let me turn into an actual dragon or something." The blue child whined behind her rubber dragon mask and tapped her foot impatiently as Ttone jogged to catch up. Further behind was Tally, walking at a steady pace. '

"No shape shifting, your dads rules. " Kat barely waited for her to catch up, bouncing impatiently at the corner before going on ahead again. Ttone looked behind, waiting until she was closer before starting to walk, then stopping again to wait and look behind her and then walking again. Through this she was always able to be about the same distance from both of them.

Thankfully there was a line at the house, Tally came up and got in line behind the two. "Hold on Ttone," she reached forward to fix one of the fake pauldrons on Ttones shoulder. The eleven year old held still until she was done. "Thanks!" And then proceeded to scratch her nose, knocking her knight pauldron out of place again.

"TRICK OR TREAT!"

"Trick or Treat!"

Kat held out her bag and Ttone held out her tiny skull bucket and the woman inside the house fawned over them for a few seconds before giving each of them a treat. They thanked her and turned away, back towards the sidewalk. "Ew, It's that Red licorice stuff. Hey Ttone you wanna trade?" She offered the red rope candy to her friend but Ttone shook her head. "Ug, this stuff tastes like cherry flavored rubber, guess I could toss it when I get home..."[/i]

"You should give it to that one girl," A passing mummy commented, drawing the attention of all three of them.

"What girl?"

"The one with the skulls and the big um...scythe? She went off that way. The mummy pointed further down the street. "I think that's here with the red hair all the way down at the end. She said not to throw away candy...just give it to her if you didn't want it. Maybe she'll trade you something for it?"

Tally squinted, indeed there did seem to be a flash of red down at the end of the road, along with what appeared to be the gleam of a blade. "Awesome! Let's go!" Kat took off without them.

"Hey! Kat! Get back here!" The child ignored her and kept going. Jesus Christ, how did Alex and Leo put up with this? "C'mon Ttone." Tally took Ttones hand and took off after Kat, who in the span of time had spotted Kyoko and started yelling for her attention.

"Hey you! Ginger! Do you like red rope candy?"

Still half way down the street Tally sighed, oh god she was just like Alex. That didn't bode well.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Kyoko gave a wave as she parted ways with a young girl about her own age, dressed up like a witch. A black dress with a cobweb pattern on it, striped tights, and a pointy witch hat atop her head. She even carried around a broom and a black cat stuffed animal! It had been rather cute, though Kyoko didn't fawn over it. A compliment was all the girl got before they got down to business. A packet of skittles in return for taking a Reese's peanut butter cup! Yeesh there were a lot of kids allergic to that...she had never realized before. One final wave, and Kyoko directed her attention down to her pumpkin bucket with a grin as she slid in the newest piece of candy. The red head lifted the bucket so that it was nose to nose with her face, and she gave it a brief shake. The candy clattered around inside, pounding against the plastic lightly, though there was also a harsh thud. That must have been the apple, a treat that some kid had managed to grab from a house on another street, and he'd been very eager to get rid of it. More for her! Just had to get it back to the inn and get it checked for razor blades...

"Hey you! Ginger! Do you like red rope candy?"

Kyoko's head snapped up quick, blinking in confusion. Ginger...? The use of the term to refer to redheads was something she was unfamiliar with, being from Japan. Clutching the bucket close to her chest, the scythe held by the crevice of her elbow, she turned around to face whoever had called out with a straight look upon her face. It was a blue girl, with a rubber mask of a dragon on her face, and the girl was making a bee-line right for Kyoko. Seems someone else wanted to trade. The blue was a surprise, but it could also be make-up, and besides, she already knew this world could throw some 'species' curve-balls if you weren't careful. It was best to make no assumption. She shifted her bounty, resting her bucket on her hip and shifting to hold the scythe in her hand like a real Grim Reaper waiting to strike.

"Eh, it's not my favorite, but I'll still trade ya for it if you aren't gonna eat it! I've got all sorts of candy, so what would ya want?" She grinned at the girl, showing off a pair of fangs that definitely weren't fake. Glancing above and past the blue girl, her eyes picked out a woman with curly brown hair and a girl dressed like a knight who was holding her hand, both of whom seemed to be on their way over to Kyoko as well. The redhead gestured to them with a nod of her head. "Are they with you?" The teenager almost hoped they weren't...she had managed to avoid speaking with any of the parents directly so far. She had already heard one child get a lecture about trading their candy with a stranger. Conveniently forgetting that tonight was a night all about taking candy from strangers. She didn't want any lectures from any parents if she could help it...
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Kat skidded to a stop in front of Kyoko, her dragon mask nearly sliding off her head as she did. "Jesus does no one like this stuff?"[/i] The blue girl remarked and pulled out her red candy rope. She offered the unwanted candy to Kyoko and took what chance she had to peer into the older girls bag. "You got peanut butter cups! Bitchin!"

"Kat!" Whoops! Looks like Tally had heard that.

"Are they with you?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, that's Ttone and her mom. Hey! Ttone! She's got peanut butter cups!" The two others had finally managed to catch up. Tally sighed and regarded Kyoko, looking almost apologetic.

"Sorry about that, Kat you told her thanks right? Tally kept a scrutinizing eye on Kat, making sure that she didn't cheat the girl out of candy in some unfair trade. "Thanks for being willing to trade with her. Don't let her swindle you out of all your good stuff okay?" Ttone looked closely at Kyoko from Tally's side, silently appraising the girls costume, rather impressed with her large scythe.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:42 pm

The girl skidded to a stop, nearly losing her mask in the process. Kyoko's pigtails blew in the wind, skirt and cloak also billowing in the wake of the girl's run, while Kyoko herself remained as solid as a mountain. The red head smirked as she took the candy from the girl's offered hand. "Nobody that I can think of." She offered with a slight shrug. Licorice was usually the kind of candy people ate with a grimace, rather than a smile. Kyoko deposited the candy into her bucket before she held it out for the other girl to look. At the curse, Kyoko openly laughed, even as the other woman who was approaching them reprimanded the other. Something told Kyoko that she and this Kat girl were going to get along just fine. "Yep! I got a lot of them so you can have one."

"Ttone...?" Weird name, but alright. The knight girl was Ttone and the woman was her mother, so she must have been taking Kat out too, for adult supervision. The two finally caught up, and Kyoko regarded the others now that they were closer. "It's fine," Kyoko insisted as she reached into her pumpkin bucket and fished out a peanut butter cup. She held it out for Kat to grab. "I don't need any thanks, it's good enough for me that nobody wastes any food tonight." Though she did have to chuckle at Tally's suggestion. "If she did that I'd probably kick her ass. No offense or anything." She added to Kat. "Anybody tries to swindle me out of my candy better be prepared for a fight." Kyoko could handle her own. She glanced down to the other girl, noticing the way she was staring at her scythe. Kyoko grinned a bit and held it out so that Ttone could see it more easily. "You like? I made it myself!" She stamped the scythe into the cement a couple of time, eliciting a metallic echo rather than a wooden thunk or the hollow sound of plastic. For all intents and purposes, it was the real deal.

"I like your costume too, you look like a real knight!" A dragon and a knight weren't the most 'usual' costumes for little girls, but the more unorthodox the better, in Kyoko's opinion!
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Kat looked at Kyoko like the girl had just handed her the keys to the city. Peanut butter cups. Peanut butter cups! Kat took the offered sweet happily and deposited it into her bag, so enraptured that she didn't even hear Kyoko say she'd kick her ass.

"No offense taken, honestly she'd probably have it coming. Tally side-eyed the blue child as she started poking around other kids, seeing if they wanted to trade anything as well. "Heh! That'd probably be pretty funny to see, but still better not. Don't want you and a bunch of kids getting dragged off by the ISO's to jail." Actually that thought was sort of funny. Just a bunch of twelve year olds and younger, pretty much put into time out by the ISO's.

Ttone meanwhile continued to eye the scythe. "I like it! It's really cool that you made it!" The metallic ring caught both of their attention. "Oh wow, it's metal. Tally remarked eyeing the weapon, if Ttone had not been impressed before she was now! Somewhere off to the side Kat yelled over....

"Cut someone in half with it!"

"Kat no." Tally turned away to try and wrangle the shape-shifting alien child back into line. Leaving Ttone to beam at Kyoko from under her helmet.

"Thanks! I cut out all the pieces myself and Tally painted them with spray paint! Well, the armor pieces anyways, I got to paint the sword." Ttone presented her own finely crafted wooden blade to Kyoko for inspection. "Kat said it would have been better if I used one of Tally's real swords, but I like this one. Plus Tally's swords are heavy, plus she said no to real weapons."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Huh...so Tally agreed that Kat would deserve an ass kicking! And she even thought that Kyoko fighting off some swindling kids would be...funny! Kyoko raised a brow at Tally, before chuckling lowly. "Wow, the parents here are something else! Back in Japan, I'd probably get a lecture for threatening to beat up some kids!" Not that Kyoko was complaining, she'd rather not get a lecture from a stranger. Apparently Kat was inspired by Kyoko, the red-head watching idly as she tried to elicit more trades. She turned back to the brown haired woman and frowned faintly. "These ISOs would take us to jail for getting into a fight? Yeesh...kinda harsh." She shifted her weight onto one hip and leaned against the staff of her scythe, contemplative. She had received warnings about the ISOs before, that they were like the Law here, but it still seemed odd that they'd haul off a bunch of kids to jail... Must have been the trade-off in exchange for mellow parents.

The two admired her scythe, and it filled her with some pride to see that they liked it so much. Truthfully, it wasn't that hard to tweak the design of her weapon, and as soon as she used it in a fight it'd pop back to normal. Still...her efforts were appreciated and complimented, and it made her grin. "Thanks!" She nodded her head to Tally, swinging the tip of the scythe back and forth in a controlled motion. "Yeah, it's the real deal." From wherever she had wandered off to, Kat had been listening in and called back a suggestion that made Kyoko laugh, making her laugh even harder at Tally's rejection of it.

"Hahaha!" The teenager wiped away a tear with a wide grin. "Ha ha, don't worry. This baby's only for witches! Everybody else is safe." Kyoko threw in a wink that was supposed to be reassuring. While Tally attempted to wrangle Kat back over, she turned her full attention to Ttone and admired her handiwork. She raised her knuckles and knocked upon the armor lightly. "Oh yeah? What's it made of, foam? Or cardboard?" The red head leaned down and inspected the wooden sword, vaguely reminded of Sayaka as she did. "That's some good carving! Not bad..." Even though she had just met Kat, Kyoko could already imagine the blue kid suggesting that Ttone use a real weapon. Of course, real weapons were heavy. Pair that with armor you made yourself, and Ttone probably would have tipped right over. "Smart idea." Kyoko blinked as she realized something, tilting her head down at Ttone. "Your mom has real swords? Is she like...a warrior or something?" It'd explain the approval to kick ass...
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:48 pm

"Wow, the parents here are something else! Back in Japan, I'd probably get a lecture for threatening to beat up some kids!"

Tally shrugged. "Well honestly...if uh hehe, they spent a day with her... I don't know how her dads do it." Tally was starting to get exhausted honestly. Kat was just on a constant energy burst, she was everywhere, she had problems listening to instructions, she was constantly saying bad words and threatening to pick fights...And this was after Leo had told her to behave. How the hell did he live?

Tally silently said a prayer in thanks for Ttone being so well behaved.

"Well the law says no fighting in city bounds, and from what I've heard they're pretty by the book no exceptions. So, yeah..." They probably wouldn't have them stay in the prison very long, their families no doubt would bail the kids out. Or the adults would take responsibility for the fight and thus bear the punishment.

Now away and wrangling Kat back in line Ttone was left to answer the red haired girls questions. "It's made of foam! We thought about cardboard but we worried it might rain and ruin it. " Ttone blushed happily as Kyoko complimented her craftsmanship. "Thanks miss! Hey, what's your name?" As she waited for Kyoko to answer she nodded her head in response to the girls other question. "Uhuh. She's been a warrior for a really long time. At least as long as I've known her since she arrived here." It had been so long and so much had happened that Ttone honestly couldn't remember a time that Tally hadn't been a fighter.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Dads...? Plural? Aside from a stare and a blink that may have lasted a second too long, Kyoko didn't respond to the reveal that Kat had two fathers. Though gay people were definitely a thing in Japan, they weren't allowed to adopt children. Good on them, then. "So...she's kind of a hellion, huh?" Kyoko could definitely get that impression.

Oh right...laws. After spending so much time following her own laws, it was still a bit difficult to adjust at times. No fighting in the city limits...maybe that was why all of the witches manifested within the Outer District instead of the actual City. Even the Witches had to obey the Laws...the Outer District had no shortage of despair for the Witches to feed on instead. And having one place to find them all helped to narrow down where they'd go. "Alright..." It was almost a grumble, but Kyoko conceded. Laws had their place, no violence in the city, no jail-time, yadda yadda... With a law-force like the ISOs that were apparently more competent than any human force, it wasn't worth it to call their lawful bluff. And Homura would probably get angry and irritable if Kyoko got her ass locked in the slammer.

"Hehehe..." The red head chuckled lightly to herself, pigtails swaying and skull hair-ties bouncing as she did. Angry Homura, paying her bail...it was a funny image. The stoic girl would probably let her fester for a while to 'learn her lesson' too! The thought was banished as Tally disappeared to wrangle Kat, leaving Kyoko with Ttone. "Foam's sturdier than cardboard anyways." A shame she couldn't have real armor...the girl would probably fall over. Kyoko paused and stared at the younger girl, before her mouth opened in a wide grin and she let out a loud laugh. "HA! Miss?! Oh man, you're so...so...!" She didn't finish her sentence, voice dying down into a chuckle. The teenager wiped at her face lightly, still snickering. Miss...that's probably the first time she'd ever been called that in a long time. "The name is Kyoko Sakura." A hand dipped into her pumpkin before she held her hand out for Ttone to take, a mini kit-kat bar laying in her palm. Kyoko winked. "On the house."

After Ttone shook her hand, taking the offered candy with her, Kyoko pulled her hand back and grasped the pole of her scythe again. "Really...? Heh...you know, I'm a warrior too." In a way, at least. "Kinda weird that she's a warrior and a mother, but that's cool. Bet nobody in school dares pick on you."
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 pm

"So...she's kind of a hellion, huh?"

"She's...certainly something." Tally didn't exactly want to talk too badly about Kat in front of Ttone. She certainly didn't want to cause any problems between the two or hurt the little blue kids feelings. But God did that kid need to be wrangled.

Speaking of wrangling...

"Kat get down from the light pole! You're gonna fall and break your neck and I'll never hear the end of it." Little said blue girl had shape-shifted into a small blue squirrel, and was currently perched on top of a light pole, scouting out potential trick or treating spots from her birds eye view.

Back down on the ground Ttone was talking up a storm with Kyoko. Discussing the higher qualities of foam over cardboard and all that. "Nice to meet you, Kyoko Sakura!" Ttone extended her hand, offering to shake the others. The mini kit kat bar she also happily accepted, who was she to turn down free candy? "Thanks!"

"Really...? Heh...you know, I'm a warrior too."

"Oh yeah, she's been a warrior ever since she came to Portal Breach, or, at least ever since I met her." Ttone tried hard to think back to all those years ago, when she was even smaller than she was now. How had Tally been exactly? For her, it was hard to imagine her guardian as anything other than what she was now. She did remember Tally having shorter hair though...

"Nope! No one picks on me, most of the kids at my school are really nice!" The few that attended anyways.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:06 pm

"Certainly something". Sounded to her like polite adult speak for 'giant pain in the ass'. The redhead smirked to herself at the thought, though she had no malicious feelings about the three individuals she had just met. Kat was interesting, Ttone seemed rather innocent, and Tally...seemed like a beleaguered babysitter. Honestly, Kyoko was glad to not be in her shoes! Particularly as the woman now attempted to talk a blue squirrel down from the lightpole. A shapeshifter... "This night just gets better and better!" Kept Kyoko entertained, she'd give them that! Tally's babysitting woes could only hold her attention for so long though, as Kyoko focused instead on her conversation with Ttone.

"Nice to meet you too, Ttone." The handshake was far from formal, more of an excuse to hand the chocolate over to the other girl. "Hey, no problem. It's on the house!" Grinning widely, she winked at the younger girl. "I don't hand out free candy often but I like ya." An agreeable, spirited kid. What's not to like?

...Huh. wrote:"Oh yeah, she's been a warrior ever since she came to Portal Breach, or, at least ever since I met her."

The first time Ttone had said something along those lines, that Tally had been a warrior as long as she had known Tally since she arrived here, Kyoko could shrug it off as misunderstanding what Ttone meant, or just the kid being confused herself. But...twice? Since she met Tally? The teenager's smile turned down slightly, brows furrowing in thought as she leaned on her own scythe. Most kids didn't really talk like that when talking about something their mom had done as long as they'd known them...which was usually their whole lives. There was no 'meeting' their mother, unless there were extenuating circumstances...

"Say..." Kyoko started, a bit cautious as she leaned on a heel, lightly rolling on her feet. "Don't take this the wrong way or nothing, but...is Tally your real mom?" The dots were starting to connect, and now Kyoko simply had to ask!
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:11 pm

"Kat get down from the light pole! You're gonna fall and break your neck and I'll never hear the end of it."

For once Kat complied, the blue squirrel running down the light pole before transforming back into a girl at Tally's feet. All three of her black eyes glimmered up at Tally in excitement. "There's all sorts of houses over there! Lots of people too, bet we can get all sorts of candy if we head there." Of course, Tally sighed and then looked down at Kat, her voice stern.

"We can head there once we're done here, but you have got to stop running off. Got it Kat?"

The three eyed girl pouted, almost looking offended before finally casting her eyes to the ground. "Yeah okay." Further away from them Ttone held out her candy bag to Kyoko in offering.

"Since you gave me something you should take something!" It was only polite after all, and Kyoko was really really nice! Ttone thought she was really cool too, how was she not going to share her candy with her? But for as young as she was Ttone was also keen, and the slight changes in Kyoko's face did not go unnoticed, even if they weren't entirely understood.

"Don't take this the wrong way or nothing, but...is Tally your real mom?"

The question didn't seem to bother Ttone at all, the girl merely shook her head and stated simply. "No, but she's been my mom for awhile now." She still held out her candy bag for Kyoko, waiting for her to take something in return for her kindness.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Ttone decided to 'pass it forward', opening her bag for Kyoko and giving her a choice of any candy she wished to take, in return for the one she'd been giving. Kyoko smirked for a moment, amused at such an action. Offer the kid a free piece of candy and she still pays ya back by giving you a piece in return. "You're a nice kid, Ttone." She really was! Kind, innocent, unassuming... Kyoko frowned to herself, looking down at the other child with a more serious look in her eyes. She bent down so that they were at eye level. "Don't let anybody use that against you, or take it away from you. Being nice is good, but you gotta be smart too." Nice kids who wanted to help others were prime bait for Kyubey. Even if he never came here, the world was full of predators who would leech on those kinds of qualities in an instant.

The redhead let the serious tone in her voice fall, holding up a hand with a smile. "If you insist!" She shrugged with a teasing tone before she reached a hand inside the bag. Sifting through the candy with her fingers, she found a little bag of skittles and pulled it out, depositing it inside of her own pumpkin. Kyoko had a shitload of chocolate anyway, might as well have something chewy and fruity. Giving the plastic thing a noisy pat, she turned back to Ttone as she answered her question quite...casually. Huh. Guess Ttone didn't care that Tally wasn't her real mom, and she didn't care to pretend as though she was either. For the best... When Kyoko didn't like somebody, she'd offend them in a heartbeat and laugh about it. And sometimes she may even act like that to somebody she did like, within reason. But Ttone seemed...gentler. She wasn't Sayaka, who could take a literal and verbal beating (most of the time at least), or Homura, who had seen so much shit that nothing could really offend her anyway. Ttone was...gentler. Like Madoka. "Good that she's a good mom even though you two aren't really related." The compliment came out awkwardly, a bit stilted. Complimenting someone on having a good parent felt...weird. Not to mention a stray bit of jealousy... Kyoko shuffled in place for a moment, juggling her scythe and her pumpkin bucket for a moment to switched hands.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:14 pm

"Yeah okay."  

"Good, c'mon then, let's get back to Ttone." Tally gave kat a nudge in the direction of Kyoko and Ttone, both whom still appeared to be talking.

And they were, Ttone smiling bright enough to light up the night at Kyoko's kind words. "Thanks! You're really nice too!" 10/10 would become Kyoko's friend. "Don't let anybody use that against you, or take it away from you. Being nice is good, but you gotta be smart too." Ttone paused in her smiling to give Kyoko a more somber look. She was smart, she knew she was, all her teachers and Tally told her that she was. "I won't," her smile returning as Kyoko took the offered candy.

As for Tally being a good mom, Ttone couldn't have agreed more. Speaking of...

"Hey, sorry walking away. Tally gave ttone a quick once over, yep, still had all of her limbs. Tally gave Kyoko a look of gratitude. "Thanks for standing and talking to her while I went and hunted down the other one"
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:40 pm

"...Hahaha!" Both of Kyoko's arms wrapped around her stomach as the girl doubled over, laughing. The scythe and bucket still blenched tightly in her fingers, they threatened to fall out of her grasp as she laughed. The skull adornments in her hair jangled lightly with every shake of her body as she laughed. After a few moments, Kyoko pulled herself up, hand with the pumpkin bucket dangling by her side while she leaned her weight on the scythe. The red-head gave Ttone a lopsided grin and shook her head lightly. "Ah...I haven't been called 'nice' in a long, long time." Oh, all sorts of words had been used to describe Kyoko...but the last time 'nice' had been used was back when her family was still alive. Maybe being stuck here with Homura had made her soft...made her lighten up in some ways... The very thought made Kyoko snort to herself, though it wasn't a completely unappealing prospect. So long as Kyoko didn't turn into a wimp.

Ah, so Ttone wasn't as naive as she may have seemed at first glance. The look on the other girl's face told her that Ttone was aware of how cruel the world could be. Yet she still seemed so...innocent, and happy. Kyoko's face became more neutral. Not quite Homura's brand of stoicism, but close. What kind of shit have you seen, kid? "Good." At least she bounced back quick enough, and just in time for her mom to come back too.

At the thanks, Kyoko gave a toothy grin and waved a hand at the older woman. "Tsk! There's still lots of houses and lots of time to go trick or treatin', it's fine. Ttone and I were just getting more acquainted with each other here. And she told me you were a warrior!" Kyoko became a bit eager as she leaned forward, grinning from ear to ear. "How many fights have you been in? You ever killed anybody? Been in any wars? I bet you kicked a lot of ass!"

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:02 pm