Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Oaths to be Mended

Post by Fear on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Ah, the tantalizing stench of trepidation... It crumbled off of Judge Mortis' icy aura in sheets, crisp and bittersweet. Had the dishonourable Judge Fear been at his peak performance, he would have taken intense delight in his brother's unease. Alas, alas... For now he was doomed to play the part of a starving onlooker, the slumbering predator within his troubled breast denied its cravings. "Worry not of me," he evenly rasped, "but of you. Whether you ssssucceed or not, I will remain ever cognizant. You, however, will not be asss fortunate ssshould you fail." So do not, yes? As for the subject of wards, the helmeted Dark Judge saw no harm in the suggestion; though wards were oftentimes stronger when utilized against a specific target. "Yesss, agreed. A ward againssst demonsss or malignant ssspiritsss would be ideal." If only they knew just how specific the wards needed to be.

"I accept thisss fact, Fear."

Do you, brother?

Do you truly accept what is to befall you?

For a moment, Judge Fear eyed his brother with a predatory stare. The latter's panic was as every much alluring as was his apprehension. Good, be afraid. Cower, Judge Mortis, and realize that no one, not even the rotten likes of yourself, was immune to fear! "Ssss... you do well to be nervousss," the ghoul hissed. "All the sssame, let that anxiety drive you ever forward; let it pusssh you to become ssstronger." An appeased thrum reverberated from Judge Fear's collared throat and he accepted his brother's request for company.

"Approved," he rasped. "You may accompany me asss long asss you desssire. For now, however, I deem our purgesss temporarily fulfilled. Come, journey with me to the library and we will resssearch the wardsss necessssary to protect the operation sssite."

And thus, with a sharp crack of his cape and a bone-chilling rattle of his many chains, the Dark Judge swiveled upon his leathery heels to lead the charge. It was time to right what has been grievously wronged.
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Oaths to be Mended

Post by Mortis on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:24 pm

"Worry not of me, but of you. Whether you ssssucceed or not, I will remain ever cognizant. You, however, will not be asss fortunate ssshould you fail."

"Ssss.." Another cryptic warning, but one that Mortis could easily translate. Should he ever try to do as he did a month prior again, likely the consequences would be far more dire than simply a refusal to be around the other's presence and a sensation of bitterness. At this the ghoul have a solemn nod, vertebrae crackling with the motion. For both their sake, he would not dare make another attempt. Otherwise, the use of wards appeared to be a wise choice, although which ones they would need were still to be debated.

As for his hesitation however... Fear hardly was helping it with that leer of his. Again there was a bout of pensive hissing, his tail flicking anxiously as the fellow Judge eyed him, scrutinized him. He was enjoying this as much as he was able to despite how Mortis' actions had dampened his sense, most likely. Though, even as his words seemed to only solidify his suspicion, there was advice to be gained from them as well. "I ssshall." Was his only response to Fear's wisdom.

There was no choice but to move forward at this point.

Thankfully Judge fear was also approving of him staying near, and for as long as he wished. Stale breath escaped his ribs in a small sigh, relieved that the earlier stare was dropped. "Thank you, brother." He rasped, falling into step alongside him as the helmeted ghoul turned and moved on from their purging grounds. There was work to be done, and Mortis was not about to let it all fall upon his brother's shoulders.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm