Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

The Early Bird Catches Breakfast

Post by Shaiamils on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:56 pm

DATE: SEPTEMBER 23RD, 2015
    TIME: APPROX. 6:30 AM

It was early morning on Wednesday the 23rd, and a certain feathery doctor had just come down from the third floor to enjoy a nice, quick breakfast. He had to leave for work in about an hour, but he supposed that it would be plenty of time to grab something to eat. Though he was pretty used to waking up early by now, it still took him at least half an hour on average to become fully awake. Food tended to be quite helpful in speeding up the process.

So here Shaiamils sat, mulling over the smell of his coffee. He hadn't changed into his work clothes yet, and was currently still in his nightwear. They consisted of a low-backed tank top which gave his wings plenty of room to breathe and a pair of baggy pajama bottoms with a hole cut in the back for his tail feathers. Again, like he had time to eat, he would also have time to change. No big deal.

The avian took a sip of his morning brew. It was a pretty comical sight, seeing someone sip coffee through a straw, but with a beak like his, a straw was more or less mandatory. On the side was a plate of scones with jam and clotted cream. Delicious! The only downside to this perfect little breakfast was the smell of cooking eggs that wafted through the building. Shaiamils didn't particularly like the smell of eggs cooking for certain "reasons." He didn't like the idea of eating them, either. Now, he was well aware that many of the things that he had eaten in the past contained eggs. His issue was just eating them by themselves.

The feathered alien took a moment to stretch his wings, yawning. It would be nice to have someone to talk to. It would certainly make waking up all the more easy. But who else was up at this hour? Shaiamils figured that it might be a while before more people started to poor in for breakfast...
    Aderyn
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: The Early Bird Catches Breakfast

Post by Aderyn on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Bright and early! A beautiful day for a run. The hybrid girl had been up for a while, though that wasn't new. What was new was just how late she'd been up the night before. With the chance Dr. SALLI had given her, Aderyn made sure to hit the books even harder than ever, when she wasn't actually at the hospital. She was getting into the rhythm, though, and picked up on her normal schedule again.

After a quick shower, she pulled on some sweat pants and a tank, jogging through the hall and to grab a bagel and a drink before her morning run. She grabbed her bagel, a little tub of jelly, and was about to duck out when she noticed one of the doctors. "Oh! Good morning, Dr. Shaiamils!" The young woman paused by his table, nodding her head slightly. "I didn't know you lived here, too."
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Shaiamils on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:26 pm

The doctor's head turned to regard a familiar voice. It was the young intern that had recently taken up work at the Portal Hospital. Hoo boy... Shaiamils looked down at his clothes. He had never anticipated the possibility of a coworker ever seeing him in his nightwear. This was certainly embarrassing to the feathered alien, despite the fact that the intern remained unperturbed by the unprofessional getup.

"Fancy meeting you, Aderyn. Yeah, I live on the third floor, room 348," he responded, finishing up a bite of scone. "So now I guess you know where to find me if you ever need me after hours."
    Aderyn
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Aderyn on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Aderyn smiled, and nodded. "I'm in 130 myself. Would hate for my early rising to disturb anyone. Hardly see anyone in here when I come through. " Granted, that was usually earlier than this. She shifted her weight to be on one leg, and prepped her bagel.

She thought for a brief moment, chewing on a bite of bread. "How long have you been at the hospital?" She asked, after swallowing the bite. Not an entirely solid topic, but perhaps it'd start something.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Shaiamils on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:46 pm

"How long have I been at the hospital?" Shaiamils repeated. He scratched his chin, thinking. "Wow! Now that I think about it, I've been working there for more than a year now. I was accepted into the hospital in late August of last year. I was so nervous when I applied, too. I was a doctor in my home planet's military, but I was doubtful that they would actually take my word for it. I mean, I had no real proof save for that honor cord you've probably seen me wear."

The doctor chuckled, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Ahh, but seriously. I can hardly believe that I've been already worked there over a year. It also means that I've been on the Breach for over a year, seeing as I applied the day after I arrived. I know, right? I don't waste any time."
    Aderyn
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Aderyn on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Aah, yes, a military doctor. Aderyn smiled, fondly remembering a similar character from her own world. "It is unfortunate that vital records can't follow us. It would make things easier." She sighed. "I was lucky to have my student ID and one of my badges on me at that fateful moment. "

Dumb luck, really. If it had happened just five minutes before, she'd have a golden retriever instead.

" Ah, but time is precious. Especially for combat, or meatball surgery. It isn't a surprise to anyone familiar with such ordeals." She smiled, hoping it wasn't just her home that used such a strange term.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:51 am