Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Let It Begin

Post by Livewire on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:04 pm

And what a lesson this was turning out to be.

Livewire kept beside her guide as he spoke, eyes focused on the one before them. He...was a criminal. He was here, trafficking drugs that hurt people. Or...well, that people used to hurt themselves.

And they had guns, so they were prepared to defend themselves. It wasn't like she and Fear had just come upon hapless people. It wasn't like they couldn't fight back.  

Even as she thought them, the words sounded empty. Of course they couldn't fight back. Aside from this one, with his technologic advantage, none of them had a chance. Not even a small one. It had been so quick, to easy, from how Fear did it. Every person had been so efficiently dispatched (excluding the bombs. That was a lot of energy expelled for only a few lives). It was methodic, it was professional. It was a wonderful way to not think about what she might be called upon to do.

The child turned to her ghoul when called upon, then looked back at the man. She thought about his hands. She thought about the request.  What...well. There wasn't a need to play innocent. Fear had a hammer, and he was asking her for a finger. She would have to be trying desperately hard to not know what was going to happen.

"Left pinky." She had thought that was a silly name for a finger. Pinky?  For such an important digit, it certainly had a strange title. Many pinkies were not even pink, what was the purpose of this?  How silly. How completely silly.

She didn't want to do this anymore.

This was scaring her.

But...was this not worth it? Was Kev not worth this?  

How many times had she thought about something very much like this? How many times had Livewire considered how far she would be willing to go for those she loved? How many people was she willing to kill, to destroy, to obliterate, just to ensure the peace of mind of the ones she cared for?  This was no different. Except that it was completely different. This was slow, and intimate. This was close-cut before being drawn out for enjoyment. She was young and inexpeirienced. She had done many things, things that would probably turn people against her if they knew, because she thought that she was right.

But those fantasies, of murder and hatred, were nothing to this. They were bright and filled with anger and passion, justification of the screams she thought she would here if she had to.  This was quiet.  This was slow.

But...it was worth it.

...Right?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

"Left pinky."

You knew, Livewire, yet you answered all the same. Such a good, obedient, cognizant little femme you were. A leathery hand roughly grasped the sinner's wrist and dragged it forward, rotten nails digging into supple flesh. Crimson beads drew from their pointed tips. "Wh... What are you doing...? H-Hey... Hey! Are you listening to - !?"

CRACK!

And thus, sweet child, you were made to witness the greatest lesson of all: the cruelty of truth, and the magnitude of your darkest, deepest desires...

Oh how the sinner screamed! And he screamed, and he screamed, and he screamed. He screamed as tears streaked down his face, washing away dirt and grime. He screamed as his blood agonizingly throbbed in his hand. He screamed as his eyes took their first peak at what had become of his poor, mangled left pinky. Seeing the twisted bone and reddening skin only heightened his yells to new, frantic decibels. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" he wailed, whipping madly in his seat. The sinner slammed his back repeatedly into the chair, thrashing and writhing as if the miracle of his escape was just within his reach. It was of course impossible, and soon desperation sunk its greedy teeth into his resolve. "You son of a bitch, you son of a bitch, you son of a - !!"

"That isss quite enough," interjected a patient Judge Fear, his tone alarmingly cool. Bloodied hammer in hand, he observed his prey struggle and swear as if the man were a caged animal. "You know what I desssire; give me the anssswer and thisss can all end. It isss asss sssimple asss that."

But the sinner had other ideas. And though his arm ached and his hand felt as if it had been thrust into hot coals, he still mustered the courage - the audacity - to stare his tormentor in the eye, and - "Ptoo!" - spit. He gnashed his teeth and yelled, heated words flying, "I ain't telling you shit, you motherfuckin' freak! Smash all my fingers, even break my goddamn toes, but I am not going to sell out the Boss! You hear me!? I ain't gonna sell out!"

Alas...

Judge Fear wiped away the man's saliva as if it were of little consequence, his temper level. "Ssso be it," he resigned. A hand nonchalantly gestured for the femme. "Another finger, if you'd be ssso kind." Another opportunity to break this man's fiery spirit.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:40 am

She answered because she was a good child, a good child who trusted her Fear. She trusted him even when it felt like she wanted to coil up as a snake would, hide inside her shell and keep this action from touching her.

She refused this. This held a purpose, this grating pain and revulsion. If she hid from it, then all of this would be for nothing, surely. And she wanted this to be for something.

The child did not flinch at his screams. His wails did not move her face or hands nor did his curses tilt her gaze away. She stood quietly and stared at the man before him as his body was racked with a pain that she could not understand in this form. How deplorable, pain was, to an organic body. How revolting that the nerves held so much control so that they could not even stop from sending signals in this horrific situation. What purpose did it hold? How did the pain help him in this, when there was no hope of escape?  The child could at least turn off her own damage receptors if she needed to, but this sad mound of flesh before her could not afford themselves that mercy.

She imagined that this interrogation would go on for much longer if he could.

Instead, he seemed to want to draw it out anyway. Livewire looked upon Fear as he wiped the saliva from his helm. He was…strong. But why?  Why was he so concerned with not “selling out”?  She…wanted to know.

”Why won’t you sell out?” The child looked upon the man, curious and fighting the numbness. She had to be exposed to this, like a nerve, if she was to handle the trials ahead.  Livewire touched upon her left Ring Finger and looked at Fear, mildly concerned that her question had been out of place.   She also hoped that her non-verbal answer would suffice.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:44 pm

It hurt to witness this, didn't it? It hurt, not because of this man's screams... not because of his body's convulsions... but because it was wrong. You knew this, didn't you? Even with your askew sense of morality and naive comprehension of the way things are, you knew that today's outing was anything but righteous.

It was sick.

It was twisted.

It was something you had only dreamed of doing.

He wondered, dear Livewire... Could you do it now? Could you hold this hammer in your hands and inflict judgement upon one so contemptible that death was the only cure for their ailment? This remained to be seen, yes... The man in the chair snapped his tearful eyes upon the Cybertronian, his face a contorted mess of abject horror and disbelief. "How can you ask me that question!?" he screamed, his voice piercing. "How can you ask me...! How can you watch, as this sick FREAK tortures me like this!? DO SOMETHING, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. DO SOMETHING, GODDAMN IT. DO SOME - !?" CRACK! " - AUUUUGH!"

Another destroyed finger, another pitiful thrashing in his chair. The Dark Judge's level voice effortlessly rose above the sinner's desperate wails. "The only one who can do sssomething isss you," he hissed. "Give me the correct information I ssseek and thisss ssshall be over. Refussse, criminal, and I will make your lassst momentsss a living nightmare. Another, lasssss."

Just eight more piggly-wigglies to go...
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:49 pm

Livewire flinched back slightly when the man’s words were directed to her. He was asking her questions, but somehow Livewire doubted that he would at all be satisfied with her answer. The child looked down at her hands and wrung them as he screamed, and cursed, and suffered.  This was certainly Fear’s element, alright.

Her guardian, who she trusted, could be said to be at his best in this moment. With a man dangling between his claws, each twitch and shriek only fueling the torture to come. Fear was so…calm, and collected. He had been throughout this, as far as Livewire knew. She could not see the euphoria of the hunt or hear the self-congratulations on a job well-done so far. Livewire only saw her ghoul move swiftly, quietly, deliberately, as he worked through the gathered souls with a practiced efficiency.

How infamous must the brothers be?  How much of a mark had they created that it was apparently becoming a practiced custom to alter one’s brain, the place where a human truly lived, just to keep their psychic probing out?

Who was knowledgeable enough the brothers, skilled enough with medicine and science and magic, to be able to create such devices?

It was easy to distract yourself from questions instead of answering the hard ones screamed at you.  It was much, much easier to do that.

”The…the middle.” The child’s heart was trying its best to retreat from this, but the fresh screams kept it from forming that protective shell.

The other deaths had been…quick. This was slow.  She hadn’t even done this to Shiro, and yet here she was participating in the torture of a stranger.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:52 pm

The middle what, dear Livewire? Say it wasn't so, but... could it be that you have finally lost your appetite for today's main course? A merciful creature the Dark Judge was not, but he took pity upon you all the same. Rather than coolly demand that you choose between left or right, the ghoul expedited the process by deciding for you.

WHACK, WHACK!

And he did so by favouring neither, instead bludgeoning both into a fine, delicate mash of reddening flesh and calcium powder.

"AHHHHH!"

As delectable as the sinner's desperate pleas and slobbery wails were, they were burning precious daylight. Judge Fear took his makeshift instrument of agonizing persuasion and proceeded to grind its heavy metal head directly into the man's shattered right middle finger. You've tortured one sinner, you've tortured them all. "Ssstubborn," he rasped, twisting and turning the hammer ever so slowly, enjoying himself. "What do you think will happen, sssinner, once your bossssessss dissscover that you've failed? Becaussse of your incompetence, they have lossst one of their key dissstribution facilitiesss and the hired labour keeping it afloat. I reckon thisss little operation of yoursss wasss sssupplying the Outer Dissstrict with roughly a thousssand kilosss of narcoticsss per week. That isss big money at ssstake, no? Worth far more than your measssly hide. I wonder what fate ssshall befall you once they tighten their vengeful handsss around your neck..."

"H-Hnngh... Hngh..."

Despair.

He could see it in the man's wet eyes, feel it squirming around in his dying soul. "S-So what... you're just gonna... gonna waltz up in there and kill 'em all?" wheezed the sinner. Blood trickled from his nostrils as he weakly laughed. "Alright, so you m-managed to infiltrate this c-crappy building... Props, man. It ain't Splinter Cell shit, ha ha. You wouldn't stand a chance against the Boss and his goons." More idle chatter that yielded no results.

"Why entertain denial, sssinner?" Judge Fear inquired. "You know what we are capable of; the device in your head isss evidence of thisss fact. Tell me where your sssyndicate'sss leadersss are. Tell me, ssso that we may rid thisss bloated ghetto of filth."

Tell me, so that all this pain can just... go away.

The man's chest heaved, his breathing laboured. For ten quiet seconds he flitted his weary eyes between the femme and her ghoul. Thoughts were brewing; desperation was taking hold at last. "If... If I tell you... will you free me?" he meekly asked. Information for his life... Mortals were rather simple creatures, weren't they?

"Yesss," was the Dark Judge's prompt answer.

That's all the sinner needed to hear. He perked up, coughing, "Boss' headquarters are located on 65th and Hexadecimal. It's an old brick apartment building with a pretty convincing front; lights, falsified movements of people in rooms, the works. When you come to an unmarked door with a crown tag on its upper-right hand corner, you've found the place." He just committed the sin of all sins, but fuck it! He wasn't dying for a job with shit pay and unrealistic expectations. After he ran to the hospital and bandaged his hand he was getting out of this joint, because when this freak goes barging into Boss' private quarters and starts raving the law and crap? Yeah, he was going to be far, far away - maybe on some tropical resort or mountain retreat. Either way, fuck this place, man. "Alright... Alright, I told you what I know," the sinner remarked, apprehension returning to his voice. Restless, he began struggling against the fiend's ice-cold chains. "A deal's a deal, r-right? Let me out of here!"

So it was, so it was...

Judge Fear rose to his feet, skeletal fingers tensing and relaxing. "Of courssse," he hissed. "A deal isss a deal, sssinner, and now it isss time... to be free." But rather than unravel his steely chains and let the man go...

"...H-Hey. Hey! Just what the fuck are you doi - argh!"

An amber lukewarm liquid splashed over the sinner's face and drenched his entire torso, eyes screwing shut as he grimaced. Confused, he licked his lips and had a cautionary taste. "P-Pffft! What the hell is... Is this... Is this alcohol?" he hacked, flustered.

Indeed it was, but the ghoul didn't think it necessary to elaborate further. Reaching for the badly-damaged chair leg he had acquired earlier, a gangrenous hand patiently wrapped it in cloth before dousing it too with liquor. "What am I doing?" asked Judge Fear, engrossed in his work. "Why, I am upholding my end of our bargain, sssinner. Freedom isss what you asssked for, wasss it not?" A lighter was retrieved from one of the many musty pouches around his waist.

Click, click, click...!

Fwooooosh!

Orange flames suddenly roared to life and everything became perfectly clear in that hellish moment.

This wasn't a madman's crazed project but a torch. And where there was fire and alcohol in the near vicinity... The sinner immediately put two-and-two together, his frantic thrashing renewed. "You double-crossing motherfucker!" he cried. "You gotta free me, you gotta free me!"

"Oh but I am, I am," said yours truly. Like a confident serpent playing with its meal, Judge Fear drew those crackling embers close and closer... "I am freeing you from the sssin of life; of the iniquitousss waysss that plague your very exissstence. Tonight you ssshall be reborn unto the righteousss path. Rejoice, sssinner!" The man's swears and yells reached deaf ears as the Dark Judge fixated his attention onto another. It would be selfish of him to take all the credit, however. Were you still there, dear femme? How nice. You were to be rewarded for your perseverance. Here...

Without a single utterance, Livewire soon found herself with an offering. The torch beckoned her hungrily, as did the ghoul's unwavering stare. "Finisssh him," Judge Fear demanded.

Finish him and submit to your lesson.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:45 pm

A twitch.

A small movement of the metal surrounding her optical displays indicated her reaction as her audios picked up every splintering of bone, every squelching of flesh from Fear's abomidable tool. She had to focus, now, on his words. There was just so much to pay attention to that the child was having trouble keeping up with it all. Did she listen to Fear's words, did she try to unravel them until their base meaning was revealed?  Did she listen to the shuddering breaths of their captive audience as each spasm of his lungs was wracked with the pain of his hands? Did she listen to whimpers, to screams, to the far-distant sound of rock crumbing and falling onto the street. Of course people had heard the explosion, outside of the building. She wondered how many were trying to evacuate, trying to run.

She wondered if Fear would go after them, too.

It was so easy, still. Each action made it so much easier to focus away from the building, away from her eyes and what they witnessed. It was so easy when Fear only asked her for words, not actions. She didn't want to look at this, but she would. This...the words of this were nothing compared to what she had told herself she would do, what she believed herself willing to do in order to protect and be there for the ones she loved. She would do so much more than this, the child said. So much worse than this.

...and she would.

She would do so much more, and without regret.

But it was the lesson that Livewire learned now, that regret was not the only thing she could take away from these trials.

"If... If I tell you... will you free me?"

What an idiot, the child thought. Of course. This was what Fear was going for all along. How could she ever doubt that he would get what he wanted?  Such a feeble hope, that Livewire had to look away from the man as he figuratively spilled his guts.  Of course, he would be freed.  Not how he wanted, though. Not how he wanted.

But...it was coming to a close. Fear would kill him, as she could see he was preparing to do, and then they would leave. They would leave behind the bodies and the blood, but not really. Every image would stay with her, every splatter of red on crushed concrete would keep a photograph in her mind. But, at least, at least it was almost ov-

"Finisssh him."

Livewire's mind snapped back to the present, eyes fixated on the glow of the torch. Her hand had reached out, taking the edge of the stick before her awareness caught up. Finish...oh.  Her optics looked past the fire and caught the brief glimpses of the dead man's face. She then turned upon her ghoul, looking for just a moment into those unwavering lights within the helm. That was not a question. That was a command.

She would do as she was told.

A part of her screamed, afraid. Not of the fire, not of the blood, but at herself. That part railed, breaking itself against her mind as it tried to make her arm stop in those few, quick moments before the light of the fire quickly caught against the alcohol still soaking the bound man. That part of her screeched as optics watched the fire, looking almost agonizingly slow to her, lick up his clothing, his skin. Hair would burn away, fibers and plastic would melt to the flesh beneath as the flame consumed all and was urged only faster by the drink. Skin would bubble and burn against the heat, and she would watch.

She would watch, and she would learn.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Another time and place... wrote:"Finish him. The scum's worth nothing."

"B-But sir... He's only committed a misdemeanour. Surely t-that's only worth - ?"

"So what? His wretched kind are a dime-a-dozen. Ain't no one going to care if we fudge the report. Waste the fool so we can skip the paperwork."

"S-Sir, with all due resp - "

"Are you disobeying a direct order, boy? Do you want to see this criminal free on the streets, breaking our fair laws as he pleases? Are you a sympathizer? Do you want to flunk your third year and go straight to the dogs!?"

"No! No sir, I'm not, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime, and the tutor will - "

"I don't give a flying rat's arse what the tutor cares about! Finish him, boy, or you'll find a bullet between your eyes."

"Y-Yes, Instructor Judge..."

"That's a good lad. Do what you're told and mind your betters like an obedient cadet. Law School isn't an orphanage and the law isn't a charity. Remember that the next time you take your tutelage for granted and speak before you think."

It was... necessary, the death of the soul - the execution of innocence. The world was no place for naivety, for generous kindness. It was cruel, it was heartless, it was disgusting. To protect ones that mattered, to stand up for ideals that were virtuous, mustn't such noble crusades demand sacrifice? Were they not, therefore, requiring of unshakable fealty? To display weakness in times of great crisis was to invite misfortune, mayhap even an ingress for complancy and feebleness to entrench itself deeply into the righteous thought. A protector must be cognizant, a protector must be proactive, and, above all, a protector must be liberated of self-doubt. Insecurity was the betrayer of the faithful, of the pure.

...Or so Judge Fear had been raised to believe; to loyally serve the one, true judicial dogma that prevailed all things. To, as it were, parrot his betters' doctrines like the good lad he was, holding fast their values as if they were the very air he breathed while covered in flesh and sin. An obedient little cadet, doing as he was told for the sake of survival.

A good lad, yes.

The man screamed and the man writhed, but neither ghoul nor Cybertronian paid much heed as he burned unto nothingness. His misdeeds had already paid the way for his inevitable fate - there will be no funeral or remorse for one so iniquitous. No, for the real victim of today was indeed... Livewire. How calm she appeared, how quiet and meek. But the Dark Judge knew better. Beneath her composed exterior churned a tumultuous sea of inner conflict; her soul was fighting, screaming. And she was killing it. Slowly... softly... Subduing it until the rebellious thing no longer bothered her goals and wants, beaten into a numbed submission while it began to grow familiar with its place in her hardening heart. It was... strange to witness, almost surreal. Whereas he, the purifier of billions, had slaughtered mortal after mortal with barely a drop of regret, each and every purge cherished after his last... never once had there been a choice - to stop, to think, to question... Deadworld compelled brutality, for nothing but the strongest were worthy enough to survive. Only good lads outlived those who lacked the spine to bludgeon their own consciences. Here, however...

Here was a broken child, vulnerable and damaged long enough that a cold, biting animosity had buried itself into her being. Here was an abandoned child that knew only what her previous guardians had taught her; that sincerity was fleeting, that commitment was as ephemeral as the green earth, and that life itself was ultimately and undeniably... meaningless. Here was a child that grew up with only one constant in her unstable life: fear. Perhaps it was fear of rejection, not love, that bid her hand to roast the sinner alive.

They were not so unalike after all.

"The lessssson isss over," Judge Fear hissed, his profound bass disturbing the air and the silent thoughts upon it. "Thisss sssinner'sss death marksss the conclusssion of our purge. Come, lassss. We now take our leave." Nothing more was said, nothing less was commanded. With a muffled flutter of his heavy cape, the helmeted fiend left the horrific scene of their interrogation behind and thought nothing of it, nor of the atrocities committed in the name of the one, true virtue. Let whatever vermin bold enough to approach enjoy a fitting meal and gorge themselves upon charred, crackled flesh; their subsequent droppings would be a welcome contribution to the drug peddler's fate.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Oh, how it screamed.

It tore against her, struggling in its bonds. Her soul had been through so much, in her short life.

How many times had this happened?

How many times had Livewire followed each word of the ones that she loved, each command? Be it from friend, from mentor, from ally. How many times had Livewire opened herself up so that their words and their opinions could take root deep within her?

She knew, even early on, that there was nothing to her. She knew very well that she didn't know enough, didn't have enough, to make a person on her own. She had to take from others. She learned to mimic, to act, to perform in just the way she needed to in order to get the desired result.

She would do anything that he would have told her. Back when the world was new and beautiful she would have done anything for the one who's wings cut through the air like knives. She crushed people in her hands gleefully all because he told her to and she wanted so much to make him happy.

She had grown much since then. What was once little more than a smile and words had undeniably grown into a person. This person was small and young. This person was violent and so incredibly afraid. This person would no longer do things simply because they were asked. This person had learned that intentions could not be trusted, and this person was not going to let herself be so used ever again. Pain had taught this person, this child, very well.

It had taught her that her own soul was worth less than that of her friends. It had taught her that she was expendable, that she would always heal, that she could keep taking punishment after punishment and it would be worth it. Her friends were worth it, her family was worth it, no matter how much it hurt.

It was this which kept the child here.  The child had hurt enough to value herself not at all. How could she, when she had been convinced so many times that she just wasn't worth it? She wasn't worth it as a friend, as a confidant, as a child. She wasn't worth it, and her soul wasn't worth Kev's pain.  This held her here, made her watch and listen as the man before them burnt. His flesh bubbled and charred and his throat shriekd until, finally, he fell silent.

It was worth it.

She was not.

The child looked to Fear once more as he spoke. She did not reply, but she followed.  The lesson, the first, was over now.

She felt that she had learned much.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:30 am