110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

I Danced With the Devil and Lost

Post by Spenst on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Topic of Death: http://www.portalbreach.net/t8145-temporary-pause

DATE: MARCH 10TH/11TH, 2015
    TIME: ????

Spenst gasped loudly, jolting awake. Wait... Awake?.. Was he alive? Were the events that occurred at the lake all just part of a horrible nightmare? A quick observation of his surroundings shook that notion from his head. He was not home in his bed. No, certainly not. It appeared to be a capsule of some sort. Try as the alien might, he could not get it open in order to further explore his new surroundings. He also found himself unable to simply phase out of this strange prison.

That wasn't the only strange thing about the situation, though. The Ectonurite took a moment to regard his clothes.  They consisted of a large, loose white nightshirt and white old-fashioned nightcap. These weren't his normal clothes, and he was certain that he didn't own any clothes like this. Why was he wearing these clothes? Did someone take his old clothes and put these on him while he was out? Spenst shuddered. That wasn't a pleasant thought.

Was he really dead, then? Was this really the afterlife? The specter didn't want to believe it. If this was the afterlife, was he really going to have to spend it alone in this pod? This was definitely more like Hell than Heaven! What did he do to warrant an afterlife in Hell?! Desperate, the alien banged on the door to the pod, calling out to anyone, anyone who might hear him.

"Hello?! Can someone let me out of here?! Please let me out of here!"
    The Good Doctor
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: I Danced With the Devil and Lost

Post by The Good Doctor on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:25 pm

The cries of the recently deceased... how noisy they could be. You would be alone with your thoughts for a few moments more, young Ectonurite. What you could see outside of your pod was limited, there almost being an unnatural fog that made it difficult to see. Nothing stirred as of yet... you would be left for a tiny little while longer to reflect upon your location. The pod was by no means spacious, but there didn't seem to be anything it was hooked up to - it was what you would expect from a laboratory, though there were no scientists to be seen. The fog hung over the air, ominously almost growing closer and closer... an optical illusion, perhaps?

It was then that a tiny pair of lights became visible. Well, not lights - rather, the little light that was there was merely reflecting off whatever these were. They grew larger, clearly walking in your direction, until it was obvious what they were; the glasses of some visitor. Silently, the visitor stepped out into the open, what appeared to be a bird observing you inside the capsule. An interesting one... it had been a while since there had been much activity down here in the Pool. There was no way to tell whether this visitor would be rowdy or whether they would come along quietly, either. It would have to be left up to chance.

Deadly silent, the Good Doctor walked further until it was stood right next to the pod. It spread its wing towards the pod, to a place difficult to see at the angle that Spenst was at, and with a click that temporarily broke the silence outside of the pod, the door slowly opened. Its wing back, surrounding its body again alongside its other wing, the Good Doctor stepped back a few paces and waited for Spenst to leave the pod. It slowly backed further out, before stopping a comfortable distance away.

What would your move be now, Spenst?

Last edited by The Good Doctor on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 am

It was then that the frantic alien could make out something new in the heavy fog that surrounded his pod. They appeared to be lights of some kind, and they were steadily coming closer. Abruptly, Spenst silenced his pleas for help,  intently watching the anomaly before him. It grew larger and larger until he could finally make out what it was. It was a pair of eyes belonging to a strange, birdlike figure. The figure simply stood there, seemingly observing the alien specter. Oddly enough, he didn't feel threatened by him... her?.. On the contrary, he mouthed the words, "can you let me out of here?" to them, hoping they would notice.

Fortunately for Spenst, it would appear that they did in fact notice. They drew closer, opening the door to his prison. For a moment, the alien considered asking if he could leave, but it would seem that the figure was actually waiting for him to do just that. Maybe, just maybe, this wasn't Hell after all?

"Thank you," he finally said to the bird, exiting the pod.
    The Good Doctor
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by The Good Doctor on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Well, the Pool's guest today certainly wasn't raising a ruckus, or anything of the sort. Unmoving in the silence of the Pool, The Good Doctor watched him exit the pod. Spenst was the only thing making any noise in any direction, actually... it would have given off an unnerving feel of loneliness, had the Doctor not been stood there silently. It wa certainly a feature that went hand-in-hand with the ominous darkness all around. Death was not supposed to be all that lively, especially not when there was no notion of any kind of afterlife, unlike many other worlds.

Not responding to Spenst's show of gratitude, the Doctor instead turned its back on Spenst, stopping and looking behind at the user. It then took a moment to walk forward into the darkness, staying visible despite the lack of a light source out there. The Doctor cared not for such trifling matters as light; when you were nothing but lines of code meant to ferry the dead either back to life or to purgatory, all that was there to be cared about was whether the dead had any fight left in them, any desire to return to life. Data discs mattered, of course.

It was obvious, and The Good Doctor knew it. This one did indeed have fight inside it, things left undone. It would be one of the ones that wished to return. Luckily, it was capable of it, and thus the Doctor was ready. Walking forward, it stopped for a second to look back, and then continued.

The message was clear; follow.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 am

Spenst was starting to wonder some things about this strange bird man... thing. As strange, eerie, and imposing as they were, the alien trusted them completely. They clearly did not want to harm him. Why else would they have let him out of that pod? He was actually starting to wonder if they might actually be the Undertaker, or something to that effect.

As things went along, that notion was becoming more and more likely. The bird clearly wanted Spenst to follow him, probably to show him the ropes of the Afterlife, to get him acquainted with his new home, things like that. Who knows, this place might not be so bad after all. Maybe what he's seen so far is only the tip of the iceberg? There was probably so much more to see!

So, without a moment's hesitation, Spenst followed the leader. What the bird would show him, however, remained to be seen.
    The Good Doctor
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by The Good Doctor on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:22 pm

Ah, good. Spenst chose to follow the Doctor as it silently lead on. The bird walked forward into the darkness, leadng him quite a way, being quite hard to spot in the darkness. Now, what did you think you could improve on? No, not during the majority of your life... it was always helpful to focus on what had happened at the end. After all, would it not be extremely embarrassing to arrive down here and have ended up doing so the exact same way as this time? Yes, quite. What would help you to avoid that? It wasn't exactly your fault... however, could it have been avoided?

As dear Spenst walked forward, a wind blew from the very front. It appeared not to bother the Good Doctor much, though it turned around at the last second to look at you. At that point in time, the winds severely increased, nearly blowing you over. Did you blink, Spenst? The Good Doctor was nowhere to be seen, and you were no longer where you had been... instead, you found yourself in a hallway. The hall was a dull grey, with a tiled floor and plain walls, the building clearly in disrepair. However, the most interesting part of the hall was that it had cells on the left and right. You were clearly inside a prison of sorts. Was this what the afterlife truly was? Had you been fooled by the creature with the mask? It would be unwise to jump to conclusions, especially considering what you could hear. It was a small sound, accompanied by... sniffling?

Crying. A little girl, by the sounds of it. It came from the cell furthest down the hall, on the right. That wasn't all, either. "Help me..." A plea for help.

What would your action be, Spenst?
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:04 pm

"Gah!"

As the wind kicked up, Spenst's eyes burned as they quickly became drier than desert sand. He squinted tightly, tears rolling down his cheeks. As quickly as the wind came, though, it died down. What a relief! The ghostly alien opened his eyes, but his vision was still blurry from the tears. This was easily resolved with a quick eye rubbing. Hey, wait a minute...

The Ectonurite looked around, confused. His avian guide was nowhere to be seen! How was he supposed to no where to go now?! As he contemplated his plight, he couldn't help but notice that the surroundings had changed. It would seem that he was in some sort of hallway now. As Spenst moved forward, it became clear to him that this was some sort of prison. There were jail cells lining each wall. If not for a particular sound, he would have assumed them all to be empty.

Crying. Someone was crying. Not only that, but whoever was crying was also calling for help. It sounded like a little girl's voice. Sure enough, it was definitely a little girl. The specter shook his head, saddened by the sight. What was the child doing in a place like this?

"Who locked you up in here?" he asked, genuinely concerned.
    The Good Doctor
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by The Good Doctor on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:26 am

The girl's sniffling stopped and she turned to look at the visitor to the cells, her eyes red raw from the crying. She was a young human girl, only about seven or eight from the looks of things. She walked to the bars of the cage hesitantly, looking at Spenst curiously but cautiously. "W-Who are you, mister? A-Are you here to h-help me?" She was rather quiet with her words. "I don't know what to do, or why the bad men put me here... I'm scared..." She glanced down the hallway, a frightened expression on her face.

Looked like something was going on here. The girl kept glancing down the hallway, expecting someone to pop up. "I-If you're going to help me... the men always come from that way..." The girl gestured in the direction she kept looking. "They should have the key, I think... I don't think you can get me out otherwise..." She slid herself back into the corner, hiding. There was no-one around, but she was very careful with her positioning so as to not be easily visible in the darkness of the cell. Whoever had locked her up, she wanted very much to be out of sight, out of mind.

What would you do?

(Sorry for taking so long to respond! It won't happen again.)
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:28 pm

"Help you?" Spenst replied to the little girl behind the bars. "Why yes, if I could help you, I would love to."

The Ectonurite listened intently to the human child. It would seem that she had been locked in there by "bad men." Wait... Bad men? Could this be Hell after all?! His eyes widened at the thought. There was no time to dwell on that right now, though. The men were just down the hall, and according to the little girl, they should have the key to her cell. Well, he supposed it was time to get going. What did he have to lose if he was already dead anyways?

As the alien specter traversed the corridor, he couldn't help but notice the lingering air of familiarity about the situation. A little girl hiding from bad men. Replace "bad men" with "monster" and... He shook his head and shivered at the notion. No, no! That cannot be!.. Could it?
    The Good Doctor
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by The Good Doctor on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:00 am

Unfortunately, the situation wasn't quite the same as whatever it was Spenst was imagining... down the hall, past all the other cells, was a door with a window at the top of it. It was possible to hear tidbits of conversation from behind the door, the people that were through there discussing... something with each other. "She won't escape again. I just wish that she would sit tight. The world is better off without her, the little monster. At least she's ours now." After that, there were some grunts of approval and agreement, and a door was heard opening and closing inside.

If you glanced through the window, you would see the tail end of one man walking out of another door on the other side, and one other person in the room with his back turned. It would appear that the man who had left had taken a few with him, as there had definitely been more voices than just two. In the middle of the room was a table, and there were a few chairs around the area. The man who had his back turned looked to be smoking a cigarette, standing next to an open window that he was blowing his smoke towards. If you squinted, you could see a ring with several keys jangling from his belt. Perhaps the key you were searching for was there?

"Kinda wish someone would just... wipe my memories from me. I don't know, just go into my head and take everything, so I didn't have to do this stupid job..." The man mused to himself, sighing. Whatever nonsense was he on about? The keys were dangling off his belt, either way.

The question was, how would Spenst get them?

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 pm