70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

What Is Going On?!!

Post by Marissa on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:04 pm

DATE: SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2015
    TIME: APPROX. 9 AM

THUD!

As quickly as Marissa had been sucked into the swirling blue vortex, she had been cast out of it, barely avoiding a rough landing. Barely. Her legs were shaking, and she struggled greatly to keep herself standing. She was severely dizzy, and thus extremely nauseous. Deep breaths, the monster told herself as she tried desperately to regain her composure. Slowly but surely, her eyesight returned to normal, and her nausea lowered to somewhat tolerable levels. What she saw was nothing short of confusing.

Just where was she, exactly? She was sure that this couldn't be her apartment complex. She was standing outside, for one. As Marissa continued to look around, she came to the conclusion that she couldn't possibly be in Monstropolis either. These surroundings were completely unfamiliar to her. This wasn't what disturbed her the most, though. She came to notice that there were bona fide humans walking the streets, all of which looked at her in confusion and bewilderment. Was this the human world? Had she been banished?.. No, that couldn't be!

Marissa had to sit down. This was all too much! Would anyone have mercy on a confused and disturbed monster? Would anyone be able to tell her exactly what was going on and where in the world she was at?
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Re: What Is Going On?!!

Post by Ariana Lee on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Dressed in a simple white tank top and a pair of black shorts made of cotton and a matching head band, Ariana Lee jogged her way down the street at a casual pace. Her shift did not start until one o'clock, but on the weekends, she liked to keep herself busy by doing a jog around the City. The blocks closest to the Inn and the Main Street proved to be the best areas for jogging, the former because she didn't have to go too far from her home and the latter because it was a long stretch of sidewalk that provided a decent exercise. Maneuvering around people could be a pain, but there weren't too many people out at this time! She jogged pleasantly through the street, short black hair bouncing on her neck as she went.

It didn't take long for Ariana to notice something of a crowd was brewing, people seemingly stopping to look at something of interest. Rubbernecking wasn't exactly a foreign concept, but the sight of several people looking at...something was enough to give Ariana pause. The young woman's pace slowed to a normal walk, moving forward to peek past the people who were beginning to go about their business. The first thing Ariana could see was...purple. Thick purple fur. Ariana shuffled forward, hand coming up to press her glasses closer to her own face so that there was no possibility of her making a mistake in identifying what she was looking at.

After a mere couple of seconds, Ariana had to admit she had no idea what she was looking at. It was definitely a...big furry...thingy! For a moment, Ariana's brain immediately went to wolf and werewolf, but this was no werewolf she had ever seen. The body was alright enough, quadrupedal with shaggy fur, but where there should have been a head...there was a torso. Another half of a body right on top, same shaggy fur! It was like a wolf centaur, if both sides of it were wolf! Ariana stared, swallowing heavily before she approached the sitting creature. "E-excuse me, are you alright?" A little scary though this thing may be, Ariana had no place to judge.
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:54 pm

"Huh?" Marissa turned to face the brown-haired human before her, yellow-green eyes regarding her intently. This person just stood there, freely talking to her as if it was nothing. As if the situation wasn't alright surreal enough. "Well, if I'm being completely honest... No, I guess I'm not alright."

The wolfish centaur grabbed a familiar letter from her purse, what was going to be her resignation letter. It was still intact, albeit a tad crumpled. In that moment, she considered tearing it to pieces, but that would have to wait for the time being, so back in the bag it went.

"I was just leaving my apartment, getting ready to go to work, but when I opened my door, all I saw was this swirling vortex thingy. Next thing I knew, I was sucked into it, and now I'm here. Can.. Can you tell me where I am, exactly? It doesn't look like home, not at all."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:47 pm

??? wrote:"Huh?"

Oh good, the...purple furry creature could talk! Kinda lucked out on that one, frankly Ariana was lucky this thing knew English, instead of talking in growls or a whole 'nother language. Definitely sounded female too, as she responded rather frankly that she wasn't alright at all. Fair enough...the werewolf had a sneaking suspicion as to what was going on, but she'd respectfully wait for her to say it. "I see..." Her eyes flicked down, only now noticing that she had a...purse? A letter of some kind was pulled out of it, and after a few moments it disappeared within the purse once more. Whatever it had been, it must have been important to the wolfish centaur.

The furry female spoke again, this time explaining what she had last remembered. She had been leaving her apartment, getting ready to go to work, only to find a vortex in her doorway. The portal to this place, no doubt...for a moment, Ariana reflected on how recently, she seemed to be running into all sorts of people who had just appeared here. Not that it was a problem, it was just...interesting. Well, here came the fun part...Ariana swallowed heavily, taking a step closer to give the purple monster a shaky smile. "T-this is Portal Breach...it's a part of another dimension. I'm...afraid you can't go back home. You're stuck here with the rest of us." Ariana let that sink in before she turned to the buzzing activity around them, buildings that rose towards the sky and busy roadways. "This is Portal City, it's...pretty big, and safe. If you need somewhere to stay, there's an Inn nearby I could take you to...or if you need medical attention, there's a hospital..." She turned back to the monster, waffling for a moment before she reached a hand forward. "I'm Ariana Lee, by the way."
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:40 pm

"I can't go home?.." Marissa asked, voice quivering. She appeared to be in shock. So this was like being banished, wasn't it? And what exactly would happen to her family and friends? They're going to have to noticed that she's gone eventually. Oh, they're probably going to be worried sick! And with no way at all to tell them that she was okay...

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what I'm supposed to say to that. I don't even know where to start..." The furry monster looked away for a moment, scratching her head awkwardly. "Oh, and before I forget, the name's Marissa. If you could show me to that Inn mentioned, I'd be really grateful. I mean, if this really is my new home, I probably should at least get a place to stay."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:26 pm

Ariana nodded, wishing that she had her long sleeves on rather than a tank top. At the monster's shock, anxiety roiled deep within her chest, and if she had on some long sleeves, she could at least fiddle with the ends of them to get out this nervous energy. She settled for clasping her hands together, arms held firmly to her own chest. "Y-yes...I'm sorry, you can't." This news wasn't exactly the kind of news one could absorb and make peace with immediately. Even Ariana, who had no real attachments left behind in her world, had a tough time coming to grips with it.

"I-it's fine, you don't have to apologize...if you...want to be alone..." The bespectacled woman offered, backing up a step when the other turned away. Marisa? Her name was...Marisa? All fidgeting came to a stand still as she stared back at the purple woman. A few moments ticked by before she realized she was staring. Ariana blushed, embarrassed, and abruptly turned her gaze to the sidewalk. "I-I'm sorry for staring, I just...didn't expect s-such a...normal name." She winced, realizing just how bad that might have sounded. She nodded, bowing slightly as she turned her gaze towards the surrounding buildings. "Of course, of course...the Inn is free too, so you don't have to worry about how you'll pay to stay there...they provide food in their restaurant as well." Ah, there it was. Spying a familiar building that she had 'marked' in her head as the way to head back to the Inn, Ariana turned back to Marisa and gestured for her to follow. "This way, it isn't too far from here." She began to walk forward, pausing to glance back at Marisa and all...four of her legs. "I...hope you don't mind me asking...but what...are you, exactly? I-I don't think I've seen anyone like you here, before."
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Ariana wrote:"I-I'm sorry for staring, I just...didn't expect s-such a...normal name."

Despite the current situation, Marissa found herself unable to contain her laughter at the human's observation. How silly! Her fluffy tail even began to swish back and forth as if wagging, like a dog's tail. This lifting of the mood, though unintentional as it may be, was still much appreciated.

"What kind of name did you expect, then?" The monster was even starting to crack a smile. It would seem that the human was also curious about her species. That was understandable. "Well, we monsters actually have very human first names, though our surnames often have a monstrous twist. For example, mine is Clawthorne... Yeah, I did say monster. Don't worry, it's not a derogatory name. That's really what we're called! We're all just so diverse that splitting us all into different species would be practically impossible, so we all just collectively call ourselves monsters."

The wolfish centaur proceeded to follow the helpful human.

"I'm right behind you."

OOC: If you want to start a new thread in the Stock Pot's subforum, feel free! Or, if you want me to do it, just let me know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:18 am