Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: Here to Apply

Post by Knock Out on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:40 am

Ha, a flinch! Knock Out grinned for a quick moment, before it fell back into a sneer. It was the little things in life you treasured! Still, Spenst was holding his own rather well against the irate customer. Knock Out's optics caught some movement from Spenst's clothes, but shrugged it off as a trick of the light or something. So long as the alien before him did not explode, it wasn't any of his business. "Yeah? Well, if that's the case, you should charge me less due to your poor service!" His arms folded tightly against his chassis, unyielding like a mountain. The mech threw out a few grumbles and groans as the alien attempted to calmly diffuse the situation.

Spenst wrote:"Still, if you want to speak to the manager, I guess I could let you do that. Knock Out!"

Ooh...Knock Out had not accounted for that option. In hindsight, it was a pretty obvious decision, to call in the manager. But when the manager was also the customer... The red mech stared, absolutely gobsmacked for a moment before he snapped back to attention. Alright, time to see if he'd ever be up for the Oscar's choice awards for acting...

"F-fine, go ahead and call your manager, I'll give him a piece of my mind!" The customer's gruff voice growled. All at once, Knock Out's irritated demeanor changed to his more usual body language, taking two steps to the right. He turned his helm towards Spenst.

"Yes, Spenst?" Knock Out then turned to where the customer was 'standing', for now just empty air. He leaned his weight upon one hip, a servo resting on the side of it. "Oh, so this is where the noise was coming from. I thought it was the movie previews." He drawled, giving the customer an unimpressed look. "What is the problem, sir?" Knock Out stepped back into the customer's spot.

"Problem? You wanna know what the problem is?!" The customer sneered, gesturing now to Spenst. "This little pipsqueak is trying to con me! He charged me 31 credits for my order!"

"Con you?" Knock Out sounded skeptically. He leaned over towards the counter, peeking down at the written down order. "Number 6, number 7, extra large tub...that equals out to 31 credits, sir. It's a large order, it's going to cost a bit of money...surely even you can do math."

A pointy digit thrust itself into the 'manager's chest' harshly. "Hey, you can't insult me! I'm a customer! Without me, you'd be out of business! If you keep treating me like this, I won't come back here anymore!" He threatened, now shaking a fist.

Knock Out waved a hand, turning his head away. "Go ahead and leave. Don't let the door hit your aft on the way out. Because without me, you wouldn't be able to stand here and yell about your order because there would be no movies playing for you to watch. Free movies, may I add!" His gaze fixed back to the customer, optics narrowed. "We value our customers here, but I will not accept this kind of behavior in my Drive-In. Come in, order your food, go back out and eat it. You do not yell and you do not pitch a fit about the price. If you have a problem with that...You can very well take your business to some other Drive-In on the Breach!" Knock Out smirked, watching the customer closely.

The customer stared hard and long, insulted and offended on every level. There were no other Drive-Ins, perhaps no other movie theaters at all! If he was banned from here...the customer sighed, and turned his head to glare back at Spenst. One hand moved, pulling imaginary money out to place it on the counter in a lackluster fashion. "Fine...31 credits. Here you go."

"Good choice!" Knock Out mocking praised, grinning from audio sensor to audio sensor. He turned to Spenst and nodded his head. "If he gives you any more trouble, feel free to call me again and I'll kick him out. Otherwise, go ahead and get that order ready for our friend here!"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Spenst cracked a wide smile as we watched Knock Out dip in and out of character. Honestly, the mech was doing a surprisingly good job with that. It was still pretty amusing to watch though. Who's the pipsqueak now, huh? The alien didn't say it out loud, but he was certainly thinking it. He was right. There was no way this unruly customer was going to actually pick a fight with Knock Out. The Cybertronian probably would have dwarfed him had he actually been real.

Knock Out wrote:"If he gives you any more trouble, feel free to call me again and I'll kick him out. Otherwise, go ahead and get that order ready for our friend here!"

"Will do, Knock Out," he replied, doing as he was told. The alien supposed that it was safe to assume that the scenario was now complete. "So, how was that? Did I handle that properly?"
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:48 am

Spenst seemed to enjoy 'watching' his unruly customer get his aft handed to him, and Knock Out could not lame him. If only it were a real customer, he'd be grinning too! Then probably kick the glitch's aft out. The two of them would simply have to wait until an actual customer with such an attitude eventually arrived. The alien agreed to complete the order, and just like that, this scenario was complete. "Whew!" Knock Out rested both arms upon the counter with a grin, leaning his weight upon it. Good thing he was wearing a shrinking ring to be a normal size, or else this glass would surely shatter. For now, it would merely have to support his still great, but much more condensed weight. "I must admit, that was challenging." He was sorely tempted to get himself a bit of Energon...

Knock Out turned to his applicant, smiling. "You handled yourself well, you offered helpful suggestions and explanations to make him calm down, and when it got to be too much, you called in the Manager for assistance!" Both servos rested upon his own chassis when he mentioned the manager. "All in all, I'd say you did pretty good for these little scenarios. You were professional, helpful, you know your way around the register and you could add up the orders in a timely fashion. You were also friendly with the customers." The mech pushed himself off from the counter and lumbered behind it where Spenst was, overlooking the kitchen in the back and the popcorn maker, as well as the nacho machine. "Hm...I don't have any of the food set up here or in the kitchen yet. I'm not opening until the end of the month, figured I'd give people a month to apply for a job. Otherwise, I'd see how you are at picking up orders and putting them together. It's one thing to go through a hypothetical, it's another to actually juggle orders and food in the real world." The mech rubbed his chin thoughtfully for several moments before he shrugged. "I could always show you where you'd be cleaning up as a janitor though, how's that sound?"

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 am