Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Lament()

Post by Red and the Transistor on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Time: 12:42
    Date: September 21, 2014

Red wasn't sure where she was going after she stormed out of the library, but she ended up on a park bench crying her eyes out once the full weight of what her encounter with that machine meant hit her. She was stuck in this new city- this new world, unable to return home to Cloudbank, which she couldn't save from the Process and now couldn't rebuild with the Transistor. She still never regained her voice, which being a singer with Selections toward the performing arts meant she had no means of making a living. All she had left now was the Transistor, which she held tightly, wishing she could feel the warm embrace of the man inside it instead of the cold glassy blade of his prison. At least the sound of his voice brought some comfort...

"Red... It'll be ok. We'll figure something out. We were planning on skipping town anyway, weren't we? This is just a new start for us. I know it'll be hard, but we can get through this. Somehow..."

Red just sighed and hugged the Transistor tighter. A new start didn't sound as comforting to her as he meant it to, but she appreciated the effort.

"Heck, if all else fails you could always get a job as a model or something- you're gorgeous enough and you already know how to work on-stage!"

Ok THAT made her feel a little better, or at least elicited a quiet chuckle out of her and made her stop crying for a bit.

"No rush, though- we still got plenty of time to figure things out. It's not like we have rent or anything, right? For now why not take a moment to enjoy this... park you appear to have wandered into? I mean, just look at... that."

Last edited by Red and the Transistor on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added timestamp)
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Re: Lament()

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:28 am

Sir Meta Knight had had no plans of stopping anywhere that afternoon; he'd merely gone out for a flight around the city after lunch. It was a nice, cool day, and he enjoyed exercising his wings like this--and on top of that, he found it quite interesting flying over such densely-populated areas. It wasn't something he'd done often in Dreamland, since not many knew of his wings, and he liked to keep them well-hidden. Here, though, he stood out enough anyway that it didn't really matter if anyone saw him with his wings or not.

Which was exactly what had happened as he was flying over the park.

The Dreamlander thought he'd heard a voice point him out, and looked down to see, to his surprise, a female human sitting on a bench. The voice he'd heard had definitely been masculine, but there didn't appear to be anyone else close enough to the woman that would have been the speaker.

But something else caught his eye that made him momentarily forget looking for the person who had pointed him out: the woman appeared to be holding--or hugging?--a rather interesting-looking weapon. It looked like a sword, but he wasn't entirely sure, given it appeared to be rather blunt at the tip.

Angling his wings lower, Meta Knight swooped down a short distance away from the human and approached her calmly. "Hello," he said with a nod. He was about to comment on the weapon when he noticed something else--something that nearly made him flinch.

She had been crying.

"...I am sorry to have disturbed you," he said, glancing downward apologetically before looking back up at her. "Are you all right?"
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:52 am

"Seriously, please tell me you see it too." the Transistor whispered.

Red did, in fact, see it, but she wasn't sure she believed it. What she had at first thought to be some kind of large bird or bat flying overhead instead turned out to some round creature with little arms and legs jutting from what apparently doubled as its head and body, with bat-like wings growing from its back. It also appeared to be wearing a metal mask and shoulder pads, which simultaneously looked intimidating and comical on its tiny little body. What really made Red begin to question her current sanity, though, was the fact that it swooped down and spoke to her, in a deep voice that should not have possibly been able to come out of such a tiny creature.

It took a few seconds for either of them to register that last bit, Red still changing gears out of her depressed state into baffled curiosity, and the man in the Transistor unsure whether to be concerned or reassured by the fact that apparently yes, Red did in fact see something that wouldn't have been out of place in his last hangover.

Finally it clicked into both of their minds that the creature had just spoken to them a moment ago, let alone asked if they were ok. The Transistor though went first:

"Oh! Oh, uh... no, I mean, yeah, we're ok, just... kind of having a bad day. But we're fine otherwise, right Red?"

At that she finally snapped to a bit, wiping her eyes and giving a bit of a thumbs-up, before caving in to her curiosity and leaning toward the creature with her hand tentatively extended. Even she wasn't sure whether she was presently trying to poke it to see if it was real, shake its hand, or pet it.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:26 am

While Sir Meta Knight was usually good about swapping his wings back into a cape immediately after landing, his curiosity had caused him to momentarily forget, so he did that as he waited for a response. The wings flicked once, then smoothly shifted into a cape and mantle, as though that was what they had always been.

Finally he got a response, but it wasn't quite what he had expected--he heard the same masculine voice he'd heard before, but it appeared to be coming from the sword, the gem on which pulsed in time to its speech. Interesting.

"I apologize for catching you at a bad time," he replied. His mood was not obvious from his expression or speech--while he did feel sorry for the woman--and her sword?--his curiosity about the sword was growing with each passing moment.

When the woman reached her hand toward him, he shook it, but felt a familiar uneasiness come over him at the sight of the human's having to stoop down to reach him. Without another word, he hopped onto the bench next to her, then onto the back of the bench, where he remained perched much closer to eye-level. "I am Sir Meta Knight, one of the strongest warriors of Dreamland," he said, as though there had been no brief pause in the conversation. "What is your name?"
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Red could barely process what she was hearing- "Strongest warrior in Dreamland?" That sounded almost like something from a children's storybook! And yet she was hearing it coming right from the mouth- er, mask- of the bat-ball thing now standing on the back of the bench next to her, apparently in some sort of attempt to look cooler or less tiny. She subconsciously put her hand to her mouth as she tried not to chuckle at the absurdity of the whole situation.

The man in the Transistor was about as equally confused, but decided to play along and wing a bit of an introduction on Red's behalf, trying to keep the same dramatic vibe their Knight friend had.
    "Name? Well, this is Red, the, uh, greatest singer in Cloudbank, now greatest wielder of the legendary Transistor-" you could barely hear the sigh of relief emanating from the Transistor as Red reacted to the introduction with a slight bow- at least he knew her mood was improving, which was definitely good for both of them "And I'm Mr. Nobody, greatest... uh... guy stuck in the legendary Transistor. Yeah, that's it" Hopefully that didn't sound too cheesy.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Sir Meta Knight couldn't help but feel the slightest bit embarrassed with the way the woman and the sword introduced themselves--he'd forgotten that not everyone here was used to grand titles, which sounded silly if one was not expecting them. He wasn't entirely sure if they were mocking him or making a poor attempt at fitting in, but given their behavior, he assumed it was the latter.

...Fitting in...

Could they...?

"It is good to meet you, Red, Mr. Nobody," he said with a nod. "I must admit, I have not seen you here before. Have you recently arrived at the Breach, or have I simply not seen you until now?" He was usually good with remembering faces--it wasn't exactly difficult here, given how different everyone looked. But there was always a chance that these were a couple people he had simply missed... though he would think he would remember seeing a sentient sword.

Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:49 pm

"Yeah, we're pretty new here." the Transistor replied. "Dropped in just yesterday, actually; bit of a long story. We've been trying to figure out a way to get back to Cloudbank, or whatever's left of it, but no luck so far."

"Whatever's left of it"- that phrase set off a few unpleasant memories in Red's mind. She remembered flying on a swarm of tiny Process over the Cloudbank on her way to what she had hoped would be a means of saving it from the Process infestation, but down below it seemed there was nothing left of Cloudbank to save. As far as she could see, Cloudbank's once-vibrant skyline had been replaced with sickening spires of white and red. Below her surged the serpentine behemoth form of the Spine, the single largest and most dangerous Process she had ever faced... and another, and another, and another, and another...

Red snapped out of her trance, shook her head, and did her best to push that image out of her mind. She was back in the park, still sitting on a bench talking with a squishy round thing calling itself a knight. She tried to tell herself it was all over, that what Royce said was true and the Process were gone and Cloudbank could be restored if she could only return with the Transistor...

She took a deep breath, then did her best to put on a smile. Outside one would have only noticed her composure flicker for a moment, but it was clear that there was more than just getting home on her mind.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:48 pm

So his suspicions were correct--the two were newcomers to Portal Breach. But more importantly--

Red and the Transistor wrote:"Yeah, we're pretty new here." the Transistor replied. "We've been trying to figure out a way to get back to Cloudbank, or whatever's left of it, but no luck so far."

Oh dear.

The memories hit him, instantly pressing themselves to the front of his mind--still vivid was the feeling of dread he felt hanging over him as he and Impa explored the cave, and the deep, utter sorrow that washed over him at the sight of the Fountain of Dreams, confirming his worst fears. But before all that was the denial--the near-unshakable denial he'd felt when he'd first come here, and refused to let go of until he was faced with undeniable proof.

And now here were two newcomers who had yet to see that proof.

"You... are trying to find your way back," he said slowly. It took him a moment to figure out what to say. Showing a difficult truth softly was not his forte, but he would make an effort. "I do not mean to be rude--I speak only out of curiosity--has anyone explained to you how the... portals here work?"
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:06 am

"Not... really." The Transistor flickered.

"Might have heard some rumor about this place being like some sort of refugee camp for people whose homes were destroyed by something-or-other. If that's true, though, then I gotta say their timing couldn't possibly be any worse."

Red had a bad feeling about this.

"I mean, seriously, we were just about to finally clean up the mess the Process made and put everything back the way it was, and then these guys just snatch us away right before we can actually fix anything. Seriously, what kind of incompetent-" THUNK

Red had just knocked the Transistor against the bench they were sitting on.

"...Sorry. That was... I seriously don't know where that came from."
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Sir Meta Knight listened to Mr. Nobody's explanation, feeling a sense of dread come over him. He took a deep breath, his body expanding and deflating with the action.

This was not going to be enjoyable in the slightest.

"...I am afraid I do not have a way of presenting this to you gently." He shut his eyes. "Your world is no more."

After a moment, he looked Mr. Nobody in the bright red gem he assumed was an eye, then turned the same gaze to the human. "The fact that you are here means your world has been permanently destroyed, regardless of the state it was in moments before. There is no way to return--believe me, I have looked." He glanced aside, feeling a familiar ache within.

What else could he tell them? What on Popstar could ease the pain of knowing that their world had been destroyed? Should he just give them time to process what he'd already told them?

Stars, he was no good at this. Why couldn't they have run into someone else?
    Red and the Transistor
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Red and the Transistor on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 pm

'Didn't he just say that?' Red thought to herself. She got that Cloudbank was destroyed, she saw it herself. She did everything she could to stop it, and it still wasn't enough. And now she was stranded here in this crazy world of psychopathic robots and talking marshmallow knights.

Then again, was Cloudbank really that much better?

"I know, I was there when it happened." the Transistor replied, annoyance in his voice. "But's that not really what bothers me right now- what bothers me is that a singer without a voice and a bodyguard without a body did everything they could to save their home, and whoever's in charge here just decided to stop them, and leave us stranded here to fend for ourselves. I don't know about you, but to me that sounds like the worst rescue plan ever."
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Sir Meta Knight shook his head as he listened to Mr. Nobody's explanation--apparently their world had been in a bad state right before it was destroyed, and he wasn't sure if that would make things easier or more difficult for these two. Popstar had been fine when he had been taken from it, which made it that much harder for him to accept... but this might make things more difficult for the human and her friend to understand.

"You misunderstand," he replied, looking into the gem on the sword again. "The state that your world was in makes no difference whatsoever--it would have been destroyed regardless. My world, Popstar, appeared to be fine before I was taken from it." He paused for a moment, reflecting on just how unfair it felt--the one time Popstar was actually doing well, without any evil forces attacking it, it was finally obliterated. There was no use being upset about it, but that didn't stop him from feeling bitterness over it every so often. "There was nothing you could have possibly done, and you would have only been destroyed with your own world. There is no way to go back to fix things, or return to any part of your former world. All of it--regardless of the state it was in prior--is now gone."

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:51 am