Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Might as well settle in!

Post by Aderyn on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Time: 0800
    Date: July 30th

At some point, Aderyn had fallen asleep at the sanctuary. She didn’t quite recall falling asleep, and it was a start when she woke up not in a hospital room. In her dreams, her brain convinced itself that everything was just a nasty side effect of a branch falling on her head during the storm. It was only natural, she reminded herself as she walked down the sidewalks, slowly absorbing the strange place in. The brain is terrible at saving itself, especially in the face of disaster. What’s more disastrous than being torn from her world?

She sighed, and stopped on a corner, looking around. Further down, she saw a sign for the inn. May as well check it out. She moved her purse to her other arm, glancing down to peek the old teddy bear inside. ”Maybe we can find someone here to fix your arm, Mr. Brown. This whole thing really put a damper on that, didn’t it? I’m sorry.” She said quietly to the bear before opening the door to the inn. Immediately, she stepped off to the side so if anyone was coming in after her, she woudn’t block their way. She stayed by the door, absorbing the place in. It almost reminded her of barracks, except without a ton of people in uniform. She made her way to the front desk, still looking around. ”Hi! I’m new here, and a few people told me that I could live here?”
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Might as well settle in!

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:17 am

If there was an award for earliest entrant to the inn seeking a room, the person who had just stepped through the door would have won it. In fact, she was so early, the postman was still here and Link was in the middle of the process of signing off the documents as proof of receipt for several packages.

“Aa,” sounded Link as he held up one finger to the newcomer, then quickly finished signing and checking off the packages listed. He waved a cordial goodbye to the postman, moved the mail and packages out of the way so that he had a clear spot on the desk to work with, then turned and smiled at the new person.

“Hello,” his first message read, written on an electronic tablet with his fingertips. He turned it back to face him again and composed another message before swivelling it round for the lady to read again.  “Yes, we offer free boarding and food to new arrivals. Would you like a room? We have four floors, do you have a preference?”
    Aderyn
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Aderyn on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:04 pm

What early mailmen in these parts. Aderyn stood to the side, quietly, watching the interaction. It was a bit surprising to see such a young boy working the desk, but she assumed he was helping his parents. Once the mailman left, and the boy had situated the desk, she stepped to where he had a spot.

She looked down at the tablet, then at him. ”Oh, hello.” There were so many surprises here! She carefully set her purse on the ground besides her while he wrote the second part of his message. Quickly reading it, she thought for a moment, then nodded. ”I suppose it would be better to be on the first floor, so I don’t disturb too many people with my early rising.” Another thought crossed her mind. "As wonderful as it is that this is free, there must be some things I have to provide myself, right? Or services that have to be paid for?"
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Link had to fight to keep an amused grin from crossing his face when the lady noted that she was an early riser and did not want to wake others. Oh no, she wouldn’t have to worry about that. If anything, Link himself was the one disturbing everybody out of their trips to dreamland with the inn’s daily six in the morning bell ringing.

The innkeeper did however widen his eyes a little at the lady’s next question. He haven’t got a lot of new tenants who would enquire about what they would have to provide for themselves. Usually they either accept it without a word or let him know that they are up to helping with anything if the inn needed an extra hand.

“Hm,” hummed the boy as he drummed the surface of his writing device in thought. After a bit, he reached under the desk to pull out the New Room form, scribbling in the date and the first unoccupied first floor room number he could think of before leaving the form out for the lady alongside a pen.

Date: July 30th, 2015
    Room: 130
    Name: _____________________
    Signature: _________________

He also wrote a new message on his tablet. “We provide basic furniture. If there is any special or new furniture you want, you will have to get them yourself. The food at our dining area are great, but we wouldn’t serve anything very, very fancy. Any daily essentials apart from food are not provided. There is, however, TV, wifi, internet and cable, but we don’t provide personal computers - you can find some public/shared computer rooms beside the first and second floor though.”

He tried to think of other examples, but currently nothing else came to mind, so he hoped that answered her question. If not though…. “Is there anything in particular you want to know about?”
    Aderyn
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Aderyn on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Hm, that must not be a common question. Aderyn bit her lip, wondering if that sounded…off. She didn’t mean for it to, she really was grateful for this place, it sure beat living under a bridge or in a dumpster! It was more of not wanting to buy something she didn’t really NEED, then come back and realize, oops, no pillow or blanket. That would suck. She watched him think, and looked at the paper when he handed it down. Neatly, she wrote Aderyn Lombard-Tanner on the line, and scribbled her Hancock below it.

”Thank you,” she said, smiling. ”I hope that didn’t sound…bad, I was just curious. Back home, we moved often, and sometimes we’d get a bare house, other times…there’d be furniture. One time, there was a swing set. That was an awesome house.” Her voice trailed off at the end, and she stared off for a brief moment. After a second, she shook her head and looked back to him. ”Heh, sorry. I would have hated to gone out and bought a dress, and ended up needing something. If there is anything you need done, let me know. I’m especially good at organizing. Not so good at cooking…”
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:12 pm

The innkeeper soundlessly mouthed his new tenant’s name as she wrote it down. Aderyn - that’s a very pretty name. Then he looked up and shook his head to reassure her that her question wasn’t odd and he understood very well. Or… rather… he understood until she mentioned buying a dress, at which point he blinked and wondered if she meant if they provided clothing or not, or maybe she wanted to know what facilities they have to store a dress?

Guessing that it was more likely she meant the latter, he wiped his tablet free of writing then composed a new message. “There is a basic wardrobe in the room, with hangers inside as well. An ironing board could be found in one of the storage cupboards, alongside a simple small iron. Public, shared washing machines and dryers can be found in the laundry rooms on the 2nd and 4th floor. You will have to provide your own laundry products though.”

He hope that helped? Link pulled the form back to his side of the desk, check it over then set it aside for further processing later. The boy then extracted a cardkey from a drawer and handed it to Aderyn. He smiled broadly and added another new message. “Thank you, I will keep your offer in mind. Don’t worry about cooking, we have kitchen staff in the inn and, judging by the smell of the corridors, more than a few tenants with a hand for cooking.”
    Aderyn
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Aderyn on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:58 pm

That proved her point exactly. She would've gotten a cute dress, and then had to scramble to find detergent! The rooms sounded impressive, especially considering they were free. "That's great, thank you so much for helping." What a lamb! Aderyn mentally repeated her room number, watching the child.

Upon receiving the cardkey, she turned it over in her hand, then nodded. Like a hotel! "Alright. I suppose I'll see you around," the hybrid swung her purse over her shoulder, and tightened her grip on the key. A quick wave, and she went off to find her new home.

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm