Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Satisfying Curiosity

Post by Invader Zim on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:01 am

Time: 10:05 AM
    Date: July 1, 0006

The days had been rather slow for Zim, though at least the summer weather brought in quite a few customers. Puny humans and their need to keep themselves cool! At least their need to trim their hair brought money to his base and gave him something to do. Yet at the same time, Zim was curious. The business district had changed over the years, gaining a few new buildings, losing others, and some received an interesting makeover. Today had been rather slow, the Barbershop was practically a ghost town, so the Irken decided to investigate. Get a good look at what exactly had changed. The doors were locked, Zim commanded his Computer to let no one in, and he was off!

Chk chk chk chk...

In crowds, the alien preferred to walk with his PAK legs. Chest puffed out and back straight as a rod, he marched, aided by the robotic legs jutting from his back. Down the street he walked, squinting at the signs of buildings as they passed by. A greasy food place, a pastry shop, a diner, a cafe...another greasy food place, this one looked to have roaches! A big fancy building with greasy food, and a bakery... "HA!" The sudden bark of laughter startled a few people nearest to Zim, though the alien ignored the bewildered looks. Such food places were useless to Zim. Even if his great Squeedly-Spooch was made to ingest the junk humans made, he'd never want to eat it! Far too greasy and disgusting...now Irken snacks, that's where it's at! The clothing store earned a roll of his insectoid eyes. He needed no outfits besides the Irken uniform. Ruins had nothing to offer, the music store likely sold nothing that would be fitting for his antennae, the old shop that belonged to Swindle looked rather promising! Alas, it also looked closed. Well...maybe not so much closed as the entire building had disappeared...a shame! New weapons would have been great. Jo's shop was interesting, though there was nothing of interest he could think of. And as good a customer she was, and mate to the Zurg alien as well, Zim trusted no one to touched his own inventions and weapons.

One building did bring the alien to a grinding halt, staring at the sign on the two story building. Nookery? ...Nookery? What in the name of Irk was a NOOKERY? Decision made, Zim's PAK legs turned to carry him to the doorway of the building, the alien practically throwing the doors open as he skittered inside. The robotic legs were much like a spiders, with many segments. Still using the PAK legs to hold himself up, Zim approached the desk and placed both gloved hands down upon the wood. "Zim DEMANDS to know what a Nookery is! And what business it has in the BUSINESS DISTRICT." Could this...Nookery have anything of value?

((Nice use of the Sims to make the graphics for your shop!))
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: Satisfying Curiosity

Post by Njorth on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:29 pm

It was just another slow day in Njorth's little shop. While most business owners would be bothered by such a thing, he truly didn't mind it. A lack of customers gave him the time to do other things. As of now, the Nord perused a book of potion recipes that he had checked out of the library. He had to stifle a fit of laughter as he came across an entry for a "maximum turbo farts potion." It made him wonder idly if stocking the shop with joke and gag potions would be a worthwhile investment.

It was then that the front door to the shop opened. A customer, perhaps? The alchemist bookmarked the page he was reading and sat the book aside, ready to give whoever it was his undivided attention. However, before he could give the potential customer the standard, welcome to the Nookery. How may I help you? he was swiftly interrupted, and rather loudly to boot. The strange little person wanted to know what exactly a nookery was and what his shop was all about.

"Well, if you must know, you can say that 'nookery' is just a word for a cozy little building. And as for what I sell here, that would be potions. I have potions that range from simple healing concoctions to powerful tonics that cure all ills." As Njorth explained himself, he couldn't help but notice that this loud fellow seemed rather familiar to him... Oh yeah, that's it! "..Say, didn't you cut my hair for me a while back?"

((Thanks! I did it for Ola and Spenst's place as well!))
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:24 am

The owner of this shop had been in the middle of a book before Zim arrived, though the Irken didn't really care that he may have interrupted some quality reading time. His eyes merely narrowed as he awaited an answer. So a nookery meant cozy little building? "Njorth's cozy little BUILDING?" For a moment, Zim's little bubble almost burst with the thought that this place might not even be a shop. That he had entered some stupid hyuman home! Thankfully, the human went on to explain that he indeed sold wares. He sold...potions. Zim's antennae wriggled about on top of his head, exposing his intrigue. "HMMM!" The short alien steepled his gloved fingers, tapping his fingertips together. "Zim may have a use for this place..."

Eh what? Cutting hair? Both hands fell to Zim's side as he stared back at the human with a squinted eye. The man seemed to be unde the impression that Zim had cut his hair once...the alien's eyes roamed the human for identification, focusing primarily on the hair. Hmm...HMMM...longish hair, scruffy face, all in a sandy color...

SNAP

"AHA!" Zim snapped his fingers as he recalled, a big grin on his face. "The cave man! I remember you." It was hard to forget such a hairy, brute figure! The Irken placed a hand atop his own chest in a smug manner. "Since I cut your hair for you, how about you..." Here, the hand moved to pointy at Njorth. "Tell ZIM about the potions you offer!" The Irken had more then a few credits, and perhaps the potions Njorth offered could come in handy! Whether for a disaster or just making someone else's day a disaster, we would have to see.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:39 pm

"Yes, the cave man. That would be me. You attempted to chase me off, remember?" Njorth reminded the alien barber. It would seem that he was interested in the alchemist's vast collection of potions, and he was all too happy to give him a rundown. "Well, I make many things here. Most popular are my healing potions and stamina potions. I also have potions that can cure disease and potions that can even turn you invisible for a short time. I can also be commissioned to make other things, if you desire. There is but one exception: Though I am certainly capable of making them, I will not sell poisons in my shop. I simply wont, for many reasons."
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:25 am

"Yes, I do remember!" The Irken reaffirmed with a chipper tone, now that he thought about it, the run-in with the 'caveman' had actually made his day! It was hilarious, really! The Irken's tone was completely unapologetic as well, just jovial and even a little eager.

Ah, the potions! Zim came forward, eyes alight with interest as he listened to what Njorth had to say. Healing potions, stamina potions...eh, those were pretty by the books. Useful for a fight perhaps, but when had he last been involved in a fight? Zim let out an unimpressed snort when Njorth mentioned having potions that could cure diseases, as with his SUPERIOR Irken DNA, he didn't have to worry about getting some sickly human disease and becoming ill! The invisibility potion though, now that made the Irken's eyes widen. "HMM!" Useful for stealth! For spying! For WORLD DOMINATION.

Njorth wrote:"There is but one exception: Though I am certainly capable of making them, I will not sell poisons in my shop."

And just like that, as quickly as the Irken had stretched himself forward on his PAK legs with increased interest and curiosity, the small alien pulled back and groaned. "That is a WASTE of your talents!" No poisons...feh! Zim could go get poisons elsewhere! In fact, maybe he could go off and create his OWN poison! With how frail humans were, it couldn't be that hard! Zim crossed his arms over his chest, then waved a hand dismissively. "I'll take some healing, stamina, and the invisibility potions."
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:23 am

"A waste of talents?" Njorth asked, raising an eyebrow. "Hey now, I didn't say that I couldn't make them at all. I know how to make them, definitely. It's just the legal issues, you know? We're not talking simple rat or bug poison that you can buy at any store. No, we're talking poisons made specifically for the purpose of harming people. If I sold something like that in my store and someone actually ended up getting killed with it, I'm pretty sure that I would be in some serious trouble with the ISOs."

The alchemist hoped that the alien would understand.

"So, healing, stamina, and invisibility potions? Would that be one of each?"
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:59 am

The Irken waved a hand, instantly dismissing Njorth's explanations. "Like I said, a WASTE of talent! What's the USE of knowing how to do a thing if you never DO the thing?" The most complete and total waste of talents he had ever seen in his little Irken life! And as for the legal issues...the alien scoffed. "HA! Just SELL them in the Outer District! Those ISOS can't do SQUAT out there! You make poisons, I use them, stupid people CRUMBLE BENEATH THE MIGHT OF THE POTIONS!" Both fists raised into the air, fingers curling into claws as Zim let loose a boisterous cackling before he suddenly calmed and folded his arms across his chest. "A win-win!" The only losers were the people who got poisoned, and who cared about those guys anyway?

Zim lifted a pointer finger, about to answer before he stopped himself. One of each...or would he rather have two of each? There'd be more for him to use if he got two of them! But what if he became really busy? What if he had to loan some out to a stupid, ill-equipped ally? Three! Three it was! Nobody would see that coming! Zim moved forward to answer before he stopped himself again. Wait! How many credits did he have, could he afford 9 potions?! Growling in frustration, an inward battle took place as Zim's teeth grit down on each other forcefully. The numbers seemed to swirl around in his skull before he slammed his palms atop Njorth's counter. "TWO OF EACH!" There!
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Two of each, wasn't it? That was quite a large order to fill! Luckily for the alien barber, though, he had plenty of potions stocked in the shelves behind him. It would take at least a day of the Nordic alchemist's time to replenish the lost stock, but money was money, and money was always good! He took a moment to tally up the cost in his head.

"That'll be 170 credits," Njorth informed his customer as he laid out the potions in front of him. "Oh, and would you care for a box? These potion bottles can be quite fragile, and it would be such a shame if you dropped them."

Zim has acquired 2x health potions, 2x stamina potions, and 2x invisibility potions! They may be added to his inventory.
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Njorth didn't really respond to Zim's EXCELLENT idea for how Njorth could sell his poisons. Ah well! It was the caveman's loss. It couldn't be that hard to make poisons, especially with how FRAGILE humans were! Yes yes, Zim could make his OWN poisons! The alien tapped his gloved fingertips across the counter as the man gathered the potions together. The Irken's fuzzy antennae twitched about in tandem with the clack of glass and the noise of the city outside. Soon, Njorth returned to the counter and laid out every potion. Zim snapped to attention and grabbed one potion up to his own eyes. He turned the bottle around in his hands, the thick fluid within sloshing about. "Hmmm..." What an interesting little thing...

"Alright!" The bottle set back down on the counter, the Irken reached back into his PAK and dug around, sifting through the contents to find his credits. He paused, head snapping back up to Njorth. "Eh?" A box? What? Why a box? Gears ticked and turned inside of his rather large head, along with Njorth's added explanation. Oh. "Yes yes, give me a box!" Zim answered in a flippant tone, hand still grasping within his PAK until--"Aha!" He pulled a bag with the Irken insignia on it, and counted through the credits within before he stacked the correct amount onto the counter. "It should ALL be there!"

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:45 pm