Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nascence

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:33 pm

‘Why shouldn’t he be young?’ was the question Link very almost asked. In fact, one finger was poised up and his mouth had opened as if he wanted to voice the question aloud. But then his thoughts caught up to him and he lowered the finger and closed his mouth, because Grodus had a very valid point! What was he so young as a human -  if that was what he was now?

They may not know the mage’s exact age, but the way he had carried himself, it was obvious he was not some young fledgling mage, with inexperienced skills and an unsharpened mind. But here he was, in a form youthful enough that Link mistook to be Grodus’ child. Was it some kind of curse made specifically to mock him? Because if it was, Link had a feeling it was definitely achieved that purpose if the wipe of the sleeve over Grodus’ eyes was anything to go by.

Link was also rather deathly curious to find out what age Grodus was exactly, but every instinct, gut or otherwise, was telling him that was a very bad move to make.

“Oh no, we would be happy to help in any way we can,” offered Neri immediately, then started casting her gaze around the room for things to help Grodus stand more sturdier.He already had his staff so the fairy cannot think to offer a walking stick or anything. If only they have wheelchairs hanging around the inn, both the fairy and her Hylian partner instantly started thinking of things with wheels that could serve as a temporary way of move their tenant around. What had wheels? What had wheels? Well, the mop bucket, a few housekeeping trolleys, wait…. wheely desk chair! Would Grodus feel offended if they offered him one of those and push him around?

Thankfully, a new noise made itself known and both fairy and boy snapped out of their imaginations to look at Grodus, first in confusion then with a knowing understanding smile. Impa answered the question before Neri could, but the Spirit of Wisdom was set to add more, “Should we get you something to eat from the dining area? Should we help you to the dining area? I know you’re not used to being a human, but do you think you could eat?”

Because Neri had honestly never seen Grodus eat before…

“And no, like Impa said, no earthquakes. Outer District? Oh dear, Link, Impa, we are NOT to go there!” stressed the fairy though knowing them, no matter how much she stressed they are not to go, if they felt it would help something, they were bound to go. Whilst Neri understood it was for the better good, on a selfish wing, the worrisome side of her sincerely wished they could at least go several seasons without some big occurrence to stir up their lives.
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 37

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:39 am

"My stomach?" There were a few confused blinks from Grodus at that, but after a moment or two, realization dawned on him. "Oh, right, I understand now. I've never felt hunger before this..."

At that thought, he got to thinking of all the other stupid little organic needs he would now be facing. He couldn't say he liked the idea, but there also wasn't much choice in the matter. Ugh, was it just him, or did that growling from his stomach seem to be getting louder by the minute?

That probably meant he needed to eat something, and Neri's offer was much appreciated. "Well, if organics need to eat, I suppose I'll have to. I could before, but it only served as an alternate form of energy and not a primary one. I should be able to make it to the dining area with the help of my staff . . . though I might need to grab onto something or someone if I should lose my balance too badly."

Grodus moved to stand up, managing it a bit more easily this time and not immediately sitting back down. Yes, it was certainly because his center of gravity was in a different spot, but he was getting used to it rather quickly.

At both Impa and Neri confirming there were no earthquakes, Grodus let out a sigh of relief. "Good, hopefully she was satisfied with only turning me into this. Either that or something chased her back into her lair. It will be difficult enough dealing with this now, let alone during another disaster."

Another growl from his stomach, and the technomage looked ready to get moving. "Well, that's not getting any quieter; shall we head to the dining area now?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Quirking a soft, sympathetic brow at Grodus’ admission that he had never experienced hunger quite the same way he was feeling it now, Impa nodded to him before noting, “Considering the fact that you were put through everything that you were, transformation or not, it’s no wonder that you’re hungry.” Neri was quick to suggest that the technomage go ahead and get some food for his system, and as ever, voiced one of the things that Impa and undoubtedly Link were thinking; rather, offering their assistance and company to him. The Hyruleans were always set to help someone in need, and that was especially true for their friends and tenants.

Nodding once more as Grodus openly accepted the fact that he would have to consume some food, Impa filed a new fact away in her memory regarding his use of food as a secondary source of energy for him. That made enough sense thinking about it, and hopefully, the fact that he had the ability to eat prior to his transformation would make eating now far less strange an experience for him. “Getting some sustenance would be wise. And that is completely fine if you need to. Link and I will both be right by you just in case.”

Whilst the Sheikah fully trusted Grodus to be able to support and balance himself with his staff, she was more than set to step up and fulfill his request of a backup. As far as backing anything else went, Impa was glad that their note of no earthquakes seemed to ease the technomage’s mind some. His reasoning was sound, and hopefully, any disasters had in fact been averted by various means.

As Grodus’ stomach elicted yet another growl, Impa smiled slightly before nodding in agreement. ”Yes, let’s. Watch your footing, and as I said, we’ll be right here.”

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:38 am