Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Seeking the Thousand Year Door...

Post by Grodus on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:43 am

Time: 12:00 PM
    Date: 6/2/2015

It all came down to this. There was a small spark within the technomage that did not want to do this, hoping that like all the other places, that even if he discovered the Thousand Year Door the demon behind it was nowhere to be found. Despair sang the loudest through Grodus's mind, however, and something just felt so painfully right about exiting this world in roughly the same manner he arrived.

And so he began his trek into the depths of the tunnels beneath the city, having no map to guide him but yet still almost instinctively knowing which direction to go. His magic did still have a faint connection to the Shadow Queen's even after all this time had passed. It probably took him hours, but eventually Grodus came across what looked to be a warp pipe, and after traveling through it he discovered he was in a section of ruins very similar to the ones beneath Rogueport. The technomage knew exactly where he was once he spotted the faded frescoes on the walls, and began to quicken his pace. It would not be long now.

Another jaunt down a pipe and a bit of walking later, there it was, the Thousand Year Door. The cavernous room that contained the door and the pedestal that held its seal seemed much the same as it had back home, eerily silent and empty as always. The mage was almost expecting the door to still be sealed, but no, he could see the cracks in the stone doorframe even at this distance, and the outlines of the Crystal Stars on the door were all glowing their respective colors.

There was a slight hesitation on the technomage's part as he began to gather power for a spell, but it did not matter in the long run. Soon enough he was showering the door in lightning bolts, hoping to attract the attention of the shadowy ruler who likely still lurked within . . .

His sensors began picking up a strong spike of power beyond the door as he kept up his barrage; there would be a final reckoning very shortly, now...
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Re: Seeking the Thousand Year Door...

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 am

Grodus would not have long to wait.

In the midst of the mage's casting, suddenly the ground began to tremble, and a loud rumbling could be heard from the Thousand Year Door itself. Slowly, the door began to open, shadowy power flowing out from it in a wave. Eventually the rumbling quieted down to the point where the only thing heard was the click of a pair of high heels on the stone flooring.

The being that emerged from the door still held the form of Princess Peach, though from her clothing, the way she held herself, as well as that ice cold stare, it was painfully obvious the princess was not currently in the driver's seat. She glanced around for a moment, though eventually her eyes alighted upon the technomage standing just in front of the door.

"Who dares to disturb-- YOU?!" The Shadow Queen's initial surprise was quickly replaced with the sort of pleasure only an apex predator would happen to feel when presented with a bit of prey that escaped them previously. Her smile promised so many painful things to the one who dared to try commanding her all those months ago. While back then she intended to dispose of him very quickly, she would savor this now.  "Ohohohoh, this is downright wonderful . . . I never imagined I would be able to finish you off for your insolence after you were dragged away, it seems getting pulled here myself is being quite rewarding already. Prepare yourself, summoner; I shall teach you PAIN before I send you to the fate of my choosing!"

With that said, the dark queen began to invoke her great power, peppering the spot Grodus stood with a hail of shadowy lightning bolts!

---

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 am

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Attack/Heal (96-100)' : 49, 82, 64, 67, 92, 34
    Grodus
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 37

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    410/410  (410/410)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Grodus on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:29 am

Even if Grodus had his barrier up, the Shadow Queen's barrage would have gone straight through it. The force of the blast easily threw him across the room, slamming into one of the pillars surrounding the star pedestal and limply sliding down it. He couldn't even manage to try to stand up at that point, and so he laid there sprawled where he landed as his systems progressively failed.

In the moment before most of his sensors were destroyed, he could sense those lightning bolts held something more sinister than their sheer power, but at the moment he hardly cared. He was in too much pain to even cry out, but that was a far sight better than the loneliness that had all but consumed him. Soon enough it would be all over, that was the only thing that mattered.

This was... this was what he wanted, wasn't it? Strangely, as his consciousness faded in and out, Grodus thought of Kev and the noodly alien's insistence that maybe he could find his minions in spite of everything stacked against him. Suddenly he wasn't entirely sure of things, but he was fading too quickly to think much upon it.

Barely hanging on now, Grodus thought he saw a huge flash of cyan light somewhere nearby, thought he heard the Shadow Queen screeching in rage. Whatever was going on, he wouldn't get to see it as his systems totally failed a few seconds later. His head lolled to the side and he knew no more.

The downed mage's body dispersed into code a moment later. Before it could vanish to the Pool of Souls, shadowy energies sprang up around it, holding the cloud of code in place no matter how hard it tried to flit away. Were those shadows slowly beginning to form the four walls of a box around the captured code? It was difficult to tell for the moment, but this certainly wasn't how things were supposed to go in this digital world...
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:38 am

"And so I say to our dear D, T... 'That's not a flame-spewing, bumpy-ridged, ribbed-for-her-pleasure dildo, that's my WIFE, ha ha! Oh, hang on, T. There's a bit of a pest problem that I've got to riddle out. What's that? Oh yes, yes. Give my best wishes to the family and all that. Mhm, buh-bye~!" Click!

You know, it was rather hard being the overseer of an entire world.

Oh sure, sure. You may think the pay is nice, and that the perks were something to grin at, but that's before you realized all the overhead necessary in keeping everything afloat. Extra-dimensional invaders, corrupted code, wily little instigators, and even your crazy-in-the-membrane relatives! It was a lot of stress to protect one measly floating piece of rock out in the middle of nowhere. It was also a thankless job, but hey! Someone had to do it, right? Right! And so, with a heavy heart, Portal-X, the Wise... the Balanced... the Otherwise Batshit Insane, hung up on his sibling and went to go take care of bid'ness. And that, ironically, took him to the very doorstep of a very interesting old door...

With a great crackle and display of otherworldly power, the Portal Deity whisked himself off after a click of his heels and manifested before the Shadow Queen herself. "Good morning, my fair lady~!" said he, tipping his imaginary top hat. It was then that Portal-X recognized a familiar little bugger; and one that undoubtedly required a bit of divine intervention. Poor sod... "Oh dear, am I interrupting something? Well! Can't be having that, but can't be having you harass my precious citizens, either. Looks like this is a job for my kicking foot." And lo, after a terrific running start, the Portal Deity didn't waste any time punting Her Royal Darkness back from whence she came. You read that right, dear reader! All it took to banish the Shadow Queen was ye olde punt from Portal-X's left foot. His best foot, see! Truly an honour. She went flying back into that old door, disembodied lips and all, and there wasn't nothin' she could do about it. Oh, wait... wasn't he forgetting...? "Oops! Almost didn't conjure up those sparkly stars..." Because that's a thing with this door, right?

Right!

All it took was a simple snap of his ebony fingers and - POP! - there were all these shiny stars willed into existence. Man, it was good to be a literal god. Now, he could everything right here, with these stars and this door, but why? That'd take a valuable lesson away! So, instead, Portal-X was going to be a little impish.

"Decisions, decisions..." he mused, glancing down. Well, consider his decision made! Another snap, another flick of the wrist, and off those pesky stars went. Where to, that wasn't for the Portal Deity to say. Why should he? There was a perfectly good little retriever right - oh my... that didn't look too good, now, did it? What, with all the... shadowy bindings and the fragmented code, and all. It would of course be a simple fix to remove the corruption and return his darling little citizen to perfect status, but... eh, you reap what you sow, kid. Portal-X knelt before his fallen charge, remarking, "Nothing personal, my friend, but you sorta brought this onto yourself. I'd help if I could, but it'd be better if you solved this on your lonesome. You'll thank me for it later~!" Or not, but hey! It's not like his citizen can do much else besides voice a complaint. "Right, then! Off with ye, because you're just going to get mugged out here. Can't have that, eh?" No sir, not at all. Two sturdy hands slid beneath a troubled soul and everything simply began... to fade.

It was all a blur.

Gone were the dilapidated slums of the Outer District, the dismal nature of this forsaken derelict exchanged for warmer, softer pastures. Gone were the horrid aromas, the depressing undertones of filth and vile. Gone, save for the throbbing headache and curious growling that came from below. Things were not how they used to be, for something had happened.

Wake up, dear technomagus, and begin your trial anew. But hurry it up, will you? There's not much to be done while loafing about on a couch!

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 am