Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: Banquet! (Tag: EVERYONE)

Post by [ADPT.] Dr. Doom on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:38 pm

"I am currently harboring the vampire queen, Lilith, as well as her subjects, yes." Doom informed. "Though if you are enquiring as to whether I am in a relationship with her then my answer is no. I am, however, seeing her commander. A vampiress named Mary." he continued as he looked down at the young woman, his eyes as intense as ever. "And what of you, my dear? You must regale me with the story of your adventures since the last time we spoke."
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 35

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:14 pm

"Oh, well you could get a relationship someday, friendship or otherwise. It does no good to remain alone for so long..." Xenon commented. "And she's a commander? That is very interesting, but does that imply that you are raising an army for future conquest, or is it more of a defensive maneuver in the light of Nanthax and other trigger-happy idiots running around?"

She picked up a glass from a passing waiter--ice water, hold the lemon, and took a small sip from it before proceeding. "So, you wish to learn of my story, hmm? I must disclaim that I am not much of a story teller."

She felt the intensity of his gaze and supposed that he required an answer either way. Not wishing to make a scene, "Alright then, the situations ranged from getting abducted by an evil being called Natron who intended to absorb some of my life energy through some process only the Cosmo’s can comprehend, going on a far-flung voyage that extended from Miriam’s Church to Arrow’s lair, all the way to an impromptu visit at Zakharov’s before I came to terms with my inner doubts and demons laying them to rest once and for all, and helping withthe preparations for Liz and Hellboy's adorable twins born after their beautiful wedding ceremony.

Xenon laughed, “But I won’t bore you with all the minute details. It’s the big picture that matters in the end anyhow.”

"...If that was all, I won't take you away from the other guests," she commented. "Go ahead and socialize if you want, like many prominent figures are prone to doing."

It's what those in politics did, right?
    [ADPT.] Dr. Doom
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by [ADPT.] Dr. Doom on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:16 am

"I already am socializing, my dear Xenon, but if you wish to excuse yourself then so be it." Doom turned to find Artemis and Liz, throwing his cape over his shoulder somewhat as he strode off.

"Xenon, my child. How have you been?" Boris leaned on his walking cane as he made his way over to her. "It's good to see you again. How are you? You've been missed at the castle."
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:43 pm

"Oh, Doom I, drats," Xenon mentally kicked herself for making him feel unwanted. She just didn't want to tie up all of his time, or make the man feel indebted in any way. She always hated when people did that, manipulating them in different manners for no reason other than to make chit-chat turn into favors.

Pffft, she needed no shmoozing, but still had to work on social skills.

"Oh hello Borris! It's great to see you as well." Responding to his question, she answered, "Oh I'm dandy. I help take care of Hellboy and Liz's twins now, but how are you? Does Doom still play the piano as much as always?"
    [ADPT.] Dr. Doom
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by [ADPT.] Dr. Doom on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:55 am

"The master has spent little time playing recently I'm afraid." Boris told her. His smile was soft, yet heavy. "His Highness has been working on a private project for the last few weeks. I suspect he will continue to give it most of his attention for some time." he informed her.
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:12 pm

"Well that's too bad," Xenon felt a tinge of sadness, but only a tinge mind you--nothing too over the top here. "He was such a wonderful pianist, and had quite a lovely instrument. It's a shame that it's sitting in a corner remaining unused by talented hands."

This much was true--for what was a piano without someone to strum its notes? A very lonely possession not fufilling its purpose to provide enchanting music for the charmed listener.

"Well I hope he nears the end of his...project," she could just feel the evil plotting vibes going on, but you never know--that may only be the evil plotting vibe of government nicities and not true villainous work in te slightest. Always give the benefit of the doubt, unless you can't afford to, like if you're strapped down to a table with one crazy maniac looming over you with devices of torture ready to pierce your flesh and tear into your gums...

She hated the dentist.

"It is great seeing you again," she smiled towards Boris, hoping to cheer him up a bit. "Would you like a glass of sherry? I don't touch the stuff--I'm more of a water person--but they say it helps lift up the spirits," she was chuckled at her joke. Spirits, alcoholic beverages, the puns. "Ah, don't mind me--I'd never make it as a comedian, but a little humor does a spot of good, wouldn't you say?"
    [ADPT.] Dr. Doom
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by [ADPT.] Dr. Doom on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Boris smiled at the young girl. "Too true, though I doubt the master would agree with us. He doesn't seem to harbour much fondness for the simple pleasures in life anymore. I would say he feels like he gets his own rewards from the work he does." The elderly latverian explained. "When he manages to accomplish one of the goals he has set out before him. However, to tell you the truth, I wonder if he will ever really be happy. He only has his desires for power and revenge now."

The smile on Boris' face grew sadder before disappearing all together as he spoke those last few words. The old man gave a soft sigh, looking down at the ground for a moment before turning his attention back to Xenon. "I would love a glass of sherry, thank you."
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 pm

"Well maybe he should find some fondness for the simple things that make life great. Those little treasures are a great way to destress and appreaciate life for the wonderful things it can hold for those willing to seek a balanced life. After all, too much work and too little play makes Jack the dull boy--lightening up a little would do Doom's heart a world of good."

She only had the best intentions. After all, if she spent all her time slaving away, fretting it on plots and ploys that may or may not work, she'd be quite the grump. And she'd be frazzled, so one can only imagine what he was going through under all that pressure.

"A job well in done is all well and good, but he should take care of himself," she added. "The body is not meant to be a work machine--sometimes you need to take a day off and relax." It's true. People who do tai chi, yoga, or some other relaxing past time end up living an average of ten or more years longer than workaholics.

"Power is fleeting," Xenon stated, "and as for revenge...if he had accomplished it, what would be the aftermath? A loss of purpose? An empty void in the existence that is human?" She mused for a couple of minutes before answering, "Maybe Doom should go out and make some friends, meet a sweetheart, start painting or go back to playing the piano with goals of fine tuning some masterful piece--something to give him more positive and fufilling ambitions that can unwind him at the same time."

Then she laughed, "Ah, but don't mind me. I am not Doom and therefore cannot see what thoughts twirl bout inside his head. He'll have to answer these questions for himself."

"And cheer up, my fine man," she smiled at Borris. "You could use a spot of lightening up as well. As for Doom, he'll find his own way, so you try to keep your chin up."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:58 pm