Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: In the Shadow of Trepidation...

Post by Mortis on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:43 am

"I sssee." Mortis hissed. So, the alien's people had a thing for gossiping with the Thermians then... "It wasss a very ssssudden change in mood. I had not been expecting it." He explained, "By all meansss however, do go on." The undead was still quite interested in these aliens that had decided to trade with this of tree savages. Kev's posture changed from his decided 'gossip mode' back to the more professional exterior he had been keeping up for the majority of the visit. Soon after he went on about the Thermians and their tendencies.

Polite, curious, and very good listeners, at least in the way of the traders that the average person of Kev's species interacted with. The leaders however were apparently more arrogant. "They sssound like a good match for your people. What sssort of thingsss did you get from them through trading?" He replied, tilting his head at the gloves Kev wore. He knew that they were advanced in the means of being able to be used as flame throwers, but as for where they came from... That was still something of a mystery. All the same, Thermians, thermal, heat, fire gloves... "Did the Thermiansss grant you your glovesss?" He asked after a moment, nodding his bony snout towards them.

Yes, the four of them had been encased in glasseen off and on for over twenty years, Kev's reaction to the statement bringing some measure of contentment to the Dark Judge, even if it was only his shiver at the thought of being contained the same way they had. "Yesss, each of usss were confined to our own cryssstalss, unable to do anything but wait for sssome fool to come around and free usss. The worssst of it wasss that we had the ability to affect thossse that guarded uss, but were unable to outright due to conssstant Pssi Judge sssupervission. Anything we did to try and influence our guardsss had to be very careful and precissse." Mortis elaborated, although such a topic could be explained further later on.

Back to the topic of taking over the Deputy Chief and putting a warrant on Anderson's arrest, Kev was apparently under the impression that no one knew that Joker was behind it. "You are missstaken. There wasss a bolo placed on the lunatic the moment they captured one of the men he hired, hisss face wasss all over Mega City One. It isss obvioussss that they did not wisssh to go againssst their sssuperior." He corrected, like many of the underlings sent onto the streets, they merely did their job, followed their orders and refused to question them. "You sssee, if a Judge did not do their job, they could be arresssted themssselvesss and imprisssoned. Only, inssstead of a cell inssside the Mega City, they went to a penal camp on Titan. Anderssson nearly wasss sssent there at one point during a previousss attempt at purging the Mega City." Ah, but he was getting off track again. "Anyway, Dredd and Anderssson were the only oness who ssussspected anything wass amisss...Ass they tended to do." He uttered the final phrase with an irritated growl. Every single time they made an attempt to carry through with Death's plan, those two always stood in the way.

"Not that it mattered, ssshe wasss out of the picture for the mossst part anyway. Ssshe had been dimenssion jumped to another dimenssssion when the arressst wass attempted. Although... that doesss explain how Dredd and that man in the bat cossstume got involved." He thoughtfully hissed, tapping his talons against the side of his leather clad leg.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:55 pm

"I understand, it must have been pretty surprising." It always was, when one's mood suddenly changed on a dime. Moods could be such fickle things! Easily ruined, or easily lifted up, depending on one's company they kept. Though it had obviously surprised Mortis, it didn't surprise him enough for him to decide that he'd heard enough, the Judge had instead asked for him to go on. And so he did, informing the Dark Judge of the Thermians and how they interacted! Though the leaders left something to be desired in their interactions, Mortis agreed that the traders seemed a lot more agreeable, not to mention a good fit for Kev's kind. Perhaps that was why the traders were the ones who did most of the interacting? Assuming the Thermians really wanted to keep a good image of themselves in the Kryptonistanian mind, that is.

"Hmm..." The scaly alien pondered for a moment, though Mortis was quick to point out Kev's gloves, inquiring if they had been acquired in one such trade. The alien's eyes brightened for a moment, looking down at his gloves with a firm nod. "Good catch, I actually did get these from the Thermians. Technically, this entire outfit was traded from them too. Most Kryptonistanians just wore the boots, the pants and the shirt, though. With a lot of predators dead after the Qwasarians attacked, and the Thermians giving us supplies that could let us settle in one spot, we didn't need our natural camouflage so much. I got the cape because I thought it was a bit of extra 'flair', and the gloves..." He brought his gloved fingertips together, steepling them as he remembered the day he got them. "I saved up for them. In order to get anything, you had to trade of course, and these were a bit more...valuable. They didn't want to give us something like this for a common plant or anything. They wanted something rarer, so I sought out a specific plant that produced a bright green sap. There weren't that many left, but I found one and I went back to it until I had collected a good amount of it. It was useful because, when paired with some other liquids and a fire source, it could be used for explosives that the Thermians liked to use. I think they could also create a fuel with it too, but I'm not sure. Either way, I gave them the sap, they gave me these." His fingers separated, clenching within the glove and unclenching. He'd had them for so long, he couldn't remember a time where he didn't have them. "Other then clothing, and a few more weapons like these, they traded durable materials that we could build with. Supplies for injuries, some types of medicine that they had that we could ingest, a few times they had some foreign drinks we could have, though only the daring ever did. Some tools for gardening, or for building...it was usually all in good condition, too." Rarely did they ever get a traded object that broke on the first try.

Even worse then being encased in a crystal object, they had been separated as well. Though being cramped in one space was a pain, he supposed it was preferred to isolation. "Were you still able to communicate, or sense each other? Or did it keep you from doing that?" It'd be smarter of course, if they did keep them unable to talk. If they couldn't communicate, they couldn't plan an escape together. Their influence also still lingered, able to affect those that guarded them, but never in an outright way. Psi Judges provided constant supervision, and would interfere if they did anything too obvious. In the end, they either had to plot a very subtle way to influence their guards, or wait for outside intervention. "Sounds like a headache..." He had to wonder how many times they had been captured like this, waiting to escape and unable to? The idea sent another shiver down his spine. There was no way he could let something like that happen to Fear again...and Mortis as well, of course.

Hm, so the accusation that Anderson was behind the escape really was a risky idea. Everyone in the City seemed to be aware that the Joker had been behind it, thanks to a goon with loose lips. "Hmm....I see." So Mortis was right, and they only obeyed because a superior had told them to go arrest someone, regardless of whether it made sense or not. The fact that they hadn't even hesitated pointed to that being a normal occurrence, which was...interesting. Any Judges who disobeyed were arrested, and sent to a camp. It was a place that Anderson had even almost gone to! "I guess they were no better then actual prison." The plan seemed to be alright, going off without a hitch! ...Aside of course, from Anderson and Dredd's intuition that something fishy was going on. Mortis' irritated growl drew a slight jolt from the alien, though he was more intrigued then scared.

Despite her feeling that something was going on, it seems she was out of the picture. Before she could be arrested, she had been... "Dimension jumped...?" Kev tilted his head, slightly confused. He'd never heard of that one...somehow Anderson's dimension jumping lead to Dredd getting involved, with a man in a...bat...costume? "Huh?" His head tilted in the other direction. "Was the bat...costume guy in the dimension she jumped to? Or did her absence lead to Dredd getting the bat guy involved?" This story was getting kinda juicy.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Of course they wanted to keep a good image with Kev's kind! Why else would they continue to trade with them and meet with the Kryptonistanian's leaders instead of eradicate the remaining people on Kev's planet and take the resources for themselves? Mortis quietly listened as the alien went on about his gloves, a twinkle forming in his large eyes as he reminisced.

Not only were the gloves from these Thermians, but Kev's entire outfit. Which begged the question... "Yesss, I've noticed. Do you wear that sssame outfit each day, or do you have other clothing?"  Given he had only seen the alien wearing that same attire each time he came to visit the Sanctuary or speak with his brother, it was something that the Judge could not help but wonder upon. Usually sinners preferred variety in their wardrobe, unless they required a working uniform. Regardless, the Thermians had offered means for them to settle in one spot since the native predators had been all but wiped off the face of their planet. With this brought about trade and inevitably, an interest in some of the more exotic goods that these aliens brought to Kev's planet.

In his case, their flamethrower gloves.

Of course, such a peice of equipment warranted a higher price, which drove the small green alien to search for a certain kind of ...sap? Green and useful for many things, he saved up enough of it so that it could be traded for the gloves. Fair enough, he decided, although from his explanation alone, Kev likely broke numerous laws regarding obtaining and possessing the substance given how rare the plant was. He did not even have permit to harvest the sap to begin with from the sound of it. "Hmm.." Mortis' talons idly flexed against the leather of his uniform with a dry crackle. As much as his badge required him to take the necessary measures to ensure the alien remained within the parameters of their law, the ghoul refrained from his more righteous passions. There would be a time and a place later for his sentencing, not to mention this sinner and his brother held an agreement that he would be killed... Eventually.

On his own terms, whenever those came into effect.

For a long moment the ghoul silently stared at Kev, his empty sockets seeming to pry past him and beyond. What thoughts lurked within his empty ovine cranium, what desires and temptations? Whatever they were, it was making Mortis' hand flex like he was crushing an invisible throat within its grasp.

crackle...pop...pop...

"Were you still able to communicate, or sense each other? Or did it keep you from doing that?"

Whatever dreams of ethereal sheep Mortis may have entertained ceased their prance through the Dark Judge's mind, at once the alien would be able to feel his gaze snap back to him once more, attentive as he registered the inquiry. "Yesss, the Psssi Judgesss were not privy to our mental link. Anderssson wasss the only exception to thisss, only due to how long ssshe had imprisssoned Death within her own mind. Even ssso, ssshe could not read hisss thoughtsss without him letting her, only know hisss location. The only way to keep usss from communicating with each other would be to ssseparate usss dimenssionally." He paused for a moment, tapping his yellowed claws against the withered material of his knee pads. The other hand was still tightly flexed into a fist against his leg. "I trussst Fear hasss already told you of hisss persssonal experience with thisss phenomena?" He added, calm as could be. The alien had said himself that Fear talked plenty about his own experiences as a Dark Judge, perhaps his brother had indulged him with the time he had been banished to another dimension. As for Titan however, Mortis shook his head;

"Titan isss not jussst a prissson, thosssse that travel there are permanently augmented in order to survive the planet'ssss atmossphere." He corrected, the image Anderson had conjured into her mind regarding her possible fate still in his memory. Machinery had tore into her features like slender talons, tubing running between her lips and over her cheekbones. Intricate electronics clicked and whirred where her nose would have been... Ah, if only. However, the Dark Judge was far more in favor of her sentence being that of Death instead of merely being imprisoned for decades upon that prison moon. "Yesss, even with an order for all unitssss to kill her on sssight, ssshe ssstill managed to relieve a dimensssion jump from one of the Tech areasss. We had usssed them at on point, and persssonally I believe they reverssse engineered our own dimensssion jumping equipment for their own purposssesss." As for the bat-man, the sheep-skulled ghoul nodded with a creak of dusty vertebrae. "Yesss, Death had been to hisss dimensssion once asss well. For whatever purpossse, Dredd and thisss Batman were friendsss. He wass the one who had informed Dredd of her jumping to hisss dimensssion. the vigilante wasss jussst asss much of a nuisssance asss Dredd himssself-"

plip! plip!

The moment he heard it, the ghoul slowly glanced down, a sickly green fluid dripped from the fist that had been so tightly clenched this entire time. It's nauseating smell soon mingled with that of the tea, and wasted no time in working to overpower it completely with its rotten stench. Uncurling his talons, the Judge found that his grip had grown so tight as to puncture his host's taught-fleshed palm. Dark green oozed from the puncture marks, trickling over his skin and down to the edge of his hand like thick syrup.

"..." The ghoul quietly regarded it for a moment, a hollow sigh whistling from his chest as he looked back to Kev. "How unfortunate. Would you perhapsss be able to ssspare me a napkin?" he hissed, tilting his palm toward the scaly alien.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:37 pm

"I have more clothes upstairs, in the closet. However, some of them are more for...specific situations and occasions." A couple of suits that he'd attended weddings in. "And some are...more of a joke outfit then anything..." He added, squinting his eyes in a sheepish manner. The pimp suit came to mind, a furry monstrosity of an outfit. That thing was never to see the light of day, unless it was used to make someone laugh... "Otherwise, I have several other shirts and shorts, dresses and skirts, pants, winter clothes, and even a few more copies of this outfit I managed to find here. But...I do tend to wear these more often then not." An arm reached over to tug at the material with a small shrug. "Force of habit, I suppose." Now that he thought about it, the clothes on his back were all he had left from his world. Perhaps in that, he found some comfort in them. However, he felt comfortable enough now that changing his clothes entirely wouldn't be disagreeable. It could be a nice change of pace.

Mortis listened quietly to Kev's story, quite attentive and as the Judge didn't bring up anymore details or ask for elaboration, he took that to mean that his story had been good! No errors or mistakes that would need to be corrected. Mortis stared back at the scaly alien attentively, though as Kev went quiet and the stare continued, he began to get a little...uncomfortable. Mortis wasn't quite making eye contact at this point, merely...staring. As if into the abyss, and Kev's eyes flickered down to the Judge's hand, the joints popping as the fingers flexed and curled. The alien could wager a guess at what exactly the Judge was thinking about, and it made him keep a close eye on those hands of his. Just in case. Thankfully, a well placed question regarding Mortis' story jogged him free of it, eye sockets focused back onto Kev with a gaze that he could almost feel right on his scales. Kev's eyes went up to Mortis' face, silently sighing with relief.

"I see, that's good." Anderson was the only Judge who knew about the mental bond the four shared, though it was strange that she didn't see fit to tell the others. It may have been due to how impossible the bond was to separate, as the brothers needed to be placed into other dimensions in order to sever it and keep them from each other. It made sense, as it was about the same for Kev's kind as well. "This Anderson woman sounds like a strong psychic, though not strong enough." She imprisoned Death in her mind, but couldn't read his mind while he was with her. Tapping sounded as Mortis' talons tapped against his kneepad, and the alien tilted his head at the question. "Hmm..." Fear being in another dimension? "I believe so. His time in Limbo, yes?"

As for Titan, it wasn't a mere prison. In order for people to survive, they had to be surgically augmented in order to brave the environment there. "I see..." A permanent augmentation, possibly disfiguring...he could see how that'd be worse then prison. "And is it only Judges who go there?" Indeed, with that fate lingering over their heads, he could see why any Judge would kowtow to demands to follow orders. "She sounds incredibly lucky." Getting a dimension jump like that, with an order for her to be shot on sight? Sounded fishy...perhaps the tech operator was a friend or ally? Or perhaps just stupid. Either way, she managed to escape, and the technology was apparently similar to the kind used in the dimension the Dark Judges came from. Perhaps derived from it. Death had been to the Batman's dimension before, and Dredd had as well, since the two were friends. Batman had informed Dredd of Anderson coming to his dimension too, though before too much of the story could be unvieled, there was a sudden sound...and smell.

The response was instant, the alien clenching his eyes and pulling away, nostrils wrinkling at the smell. Curious, he squinted and slowly opened his eyes, gazing back at Mortis as he revealed his hand. So upset by the events of the story was he, that he clenched his fist shut and managed to pierce his own skin with his talons. The thick blood rose up out of the gashes, quite pungent in its smell. The alien pulled a napkin off of the tray, tucked between the pot and the sugar bowl, and gave the offered hand a roaming look. "Of course. Here you go." Moving to first mop the trail that had rolled down to Mortis' wrist, he applied it to the puncture marks and lightly pressed down, both hands surrounding Mortis' hand. "Do you need anything else? Like some needlework?" He kept his nose turned slightly away, trying to ignore the smell. With as many times as Judge Fear had been stabbed, punctured or ripped, perhaps he should have been used to the smell by now.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:53 am

Of course, the Judge had figured the alien had more clothing, but all the same, he could not help but ask just to dispel any personal doubt. You could never tell with a tree savage. however, his skull tilted at the mention of a joke outfit. That sheepish look when he mentioned it as well made him wonder... "How do you mean by a 'joke outfit?'" He hissed, something of a smirk evident in his graveled tone. What sort of clothing could only be saved for humor? Was this a tendency among Kev's people to keep an outfit only for such an occasion?

As for his thoughts regarding the outfit being one of his only possessions from his home... The ghoul could not help but ponder it. As much as his brother traveled from home, were imprisoned with no way to return home, and more often than not, were always faced with the possibility of never being able to return home... He had never considered really about having any possessions to remind him of it. Serrated molars clacked and ground as the Judge shifted his jaw, hardly noticing the alien's discomfort at his hand clenching. Kev could keep a close eye on him all he wished, no matter how much training he thought to put himself through, Judge Mortis would snatch him up by the neck again if he wished.

And before the alien could even see it coming either.

his duty always at the forefront of his mind, it would take much more than a single topic change to take his thoughts completely off of the alien's illicit behavior, past or otherwise. So many laws, so may regulations and protections this foolish green sinner had broken, for the sake of some gloves... Oh, he would be sentenced alright, whether it be for the sake of the plan or the alien managing to befoul the graces of his brother's interest. He would see just how quickly a Kryptponistanian rotted. In the meantime however, he attempted to keep the majority of his focus upon the story.

"Ssshe iss very powerful, but eassily overwhelmed if we attack her in force. At one point all four of usss had possessed her body for our purpossess." He replied, although that story was one for another time. The alien was already informed about the incident that sent Fear, and with him the rest of his brothers including himself, into limbo for several years, Mortis nodded in affirmation. Certainly not one of their finer moments by far. As for Titan and its role as a Judges-only prison, the ghoul confirmed, "Correct. Although it did not ssstop Judgess from ending up there by any meanss." For a moment, Judge Mortis could not help but consider how lucky they were that Mega-City One's Justice Department had not deigned to send them there instead for their imprisonment, despite how often they managed to escape. Much like how Anderson was apparently lucky to get to the D-jump before she could get killed. "Yess, unfortunately." He hissed, "But sshe essscaped only barely, three of the city'ssss Judgesss managed to land a few bulletss in her before ssshe jumped." Ah, if only one of them managed to hit her somewhere fatal. Perhaps nick an artery even...

However, it was hard to keep on track when he was leaking and causing a disturbance within Kev's humble cottage.  He watched as the alien reached for a napkin, the Dark Judge leaning forward to take it once offered. "Ah, thank you--?" He rasped, pausing mid sentence as he realized something peculiar. upon reaching forward to grasp the fetched napkin, Mortis found his claws come in contact with air instead, along with finding the alien's fingers were nowhere near the reaching hand. It took only a small tilt of his skull to figure where the alien's fingers, and the napkin, had gone off to. Right in front of him, and already reaching forward to touch the afflicted area. His spine straighted and the Judge's bony tail lashed against the in reflex against the cushions. "Sss-I would not recommend--." He quickly rasped, all too aware of the nature of his touch. Yet, there was Kev's hand, gently dabbing the blood away and pressing down upon the punctures despite the warning. Much like the chilling aura from earlier, Kev would find Judge Mortis' touch to be icy, even with the napkin between him and his rotted flesh. Cold to the point of an inescapable, overwhelming freezing sensation against the alien's fingertips and palm, it was a wonder that he was as eager to aid him as he was. However, the sensation soon subsided as Mortis reigned in his chilling affinity.

"I-I can clean the wound on my own." He defended awkwardly, glancing between the napkin and the green alien as he went on working. The ghoul turned his gaze away from the sight, abashed at how... Helpful Kev was being. Sinners did not help them, they hesitated to even consider offering them anything that resembled aid of their own volition.

"Do you need anything else? Like some needlework?"

Yet, there he was, offering further assistance. "I can sssew the puncturesss on my own, Kev." He hissed, the sheep's skull still turned away to gaze out of the far window. By now the other hand had moved to tap its talons upon the his other rotted knee pad, as if growing impatient. "...But I could ussse a needle and thread... If you have any to ssspare." His own medical kit had been used far too long ago to save his pride, alas.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:00 am

Oh boy, time to elaborate on the silly yet awful outfits that resided in his closet. The Judge sounded rather amused too. He probably wouldn't be disappointed. "Well, a joke outfit is basically something that looks silly. It's fun to wear if you're joking around or trying to make someone laugh...but not exactly something you'd wear at work or around the house." Knowing that the Judge was fond of reading his mind, Kev closed his eyes and imagined one such outfit. A pants and jacket combination with black fuzz and a blue, faux fur trim. A dollar sign chain necklace, and a hat that matched the outfit's color scheme. "I got a lot of them from the closet in the Sanctuary." A couple other outfits were an ugly, bright orange dress suit, and several lingerie and maid outfits. No sir, can't say he'd be wearing those in public unless it was Halloween.

The Dark Judge's teeth began to grind, causing Kev to tilt his head. Was Mortis irritated? Merely pondering? From the look in his, er, eye, he might have been distracted by his own thoughts. Thoughts that were thankfully a mystery, though not hard to guess. Not with the way that hand was clenching earlier. Respectfully, he kept quiet and merely stared back at Mortis, waiting for him to speak one more.

Judge Anderson was strong, in terms of psychic powers, though also easy to overwhelm. Considering the Dark Judges and their powers, he couldn't quite blame her for being overwhelmed. Especially once Mortis revealed that all four Judges had possessed her body at once! "I knew you could possess bodies, but I never knew you could do it together." Being possessed by one person was enough, but four? Yeesh...that poor Judge. Mortis nodded in response, so he was referring to Limbo. Kev leaned back in his chair, to separate them like that couldn't be easy. Kev highly doubted there was even aLimbo here. So the chances of that happening to them again...very low. Titans was indeed a prison meant strictly for Judges, such brutal disfigurements were saved for them. To keep their obedience. [i"I see."[/i] Truly, it wasn't a job for any old Joe. No wonder Jimps were so insulting to them. Knowing the consequences and threats of the job only made Jimps that much more of a mockery.

Lucky Anderson was perhaps not all that lucky, as her escape hadn't been easy. The psychic Judge only barely got away, and had even become injured in the process! So the Judges hadn't been complacent sheep to her demands either, some of them whipping out a gun to get one final shot at her. Anderson must have been tough to escape in a condition like that, though that may have gone hand in hand with being a Judge. "No wonder she was a thorn in your side." Anderson sounded incredibly hard to kill, and Dredd was likely similar. Napkin in hand, Kev nodded in response to the 'thanks', though blinked in slight surprise as Mortis seemed to cut himself off. Dabbing at the bleeding wound was like an instinct, it hadn't quite occured to him that Mortis wanted to attend to his wound himself. The alien's large eyes glanced over at the hand, waiting for the napkin, and realized that that was exactly what Mortis himself had been expecting. The Judge went on to hiss out a warning, recommending that Kev not touch the wound, but by the time it was uttered it was too late. The napkin made it's landing, a chill emanating from under it. One that made his fingers twitch. A shiver went up his back, spine straightening like Mortis'. A light gasp escaped the alien, pausing in his dabbing as his fingers curled. Thankfully, the icy feeling subsided after a few moments. His shoulders drooped down in relief. "Thanks." Kev almost continued dabbing at the wound, before Mortis spoke up again. He glanced between Mortis' hand, and the bright eye sockets before sheepishly pulling his hand away.

"Sorry, sorry...of course." Well, that could have gone...less awkwardly. But Mortis didn't seem upset! No threats, his bruuka was still where he had left it. No fingers curled around his throat. Instead, it seems the Judge was...well, embarrassed. Fear always seemed to be a little more...negligent when it came to his own wounds, so the first response to corpse skin bleeding like that was for him to start cleaning and sewing it up. Otherwise, the stubborn Judge would fill it all up with tooth paste and leave it at that. Mortis was different, it seems. "Alright." Kev kept his gaze away as well, the awkwardness in the air nearly palpable. Talons tap-tap-tapped on thick, padded knee pads. It was like a clock ticking in his ears. He almost thought their conversation had come to an awkward standstill, when the Judge spoke up again. Kev turned his head back to face Mortis', nodding. "I have a collection of needles upstairs, and some thread." Black thread would probably work best, and a needle that wasn't too thick. Made sense that Mortis wouldn't have these on hand...the alien stood up from his chair. "I'll be right back." Maneuvering around the furniture, he ascended up the stairs. A creaking door announced his entrance into the room, some slight scuffling above Mortis' head as Kev moved about to find the proper items.

Crrrk...

A different door opened that time though, the front door. With excited barks, the dogs rushed inside of the cottage. A miniature Pinscher made his way to the couch, sniffing at Mortis' feet while a pudgy bulldog looked up at Mortis expectantly, something sitting in his mouth. The last dog to come in was a black Great Dane, making long strides to sit next to the couch where Mortis was sitting, as if he recognized Mortis. In behind them walked in a familiar, robotic face, several books on one arm and the other shutting the door behind him. Marvin turned, and stared at Mortis, and Kev came down the stairs with a threaded needle at the ready. "Oh, hello Marvin." As he passed by the robot, the alien gave him a pat on the head before returning to the couch to hand Mortis the needle. "I hope the dogs aren't too bothersome."

"He's not going to be staying here for 12 weeks like his brother, is he?" The robot asked in a dull tone.

Kev shook his head. "No Marvin, he's just here for a visit."

"Good." The automaton shuffled his books in place, turning to incline his head to Mortis. "How are you, Judge Mortis?" It had been a while since he had seen him, after all.

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 am

An outfit that is just for looking silly? Certainly the Dark Judge had seen something akin to what Kev was talking about during their purges in the vast Mega City, but usually that was due to the citizens being so bored out of their minds they had nothing better to do than wear them for their own amusement. Or, oddly enough, they wore it and took themselves seriously. "You would be hard presssed to convince the iniquitousss ressidentsss of the Mega City to think asss you do." Mortis replied, "They wore what you desscribed no matter the location or event." Oh, but what was this? ware that the Judge held a habit of reading the alien's thoughts, Kev focused and conjured the image of a rather revealing pimp suit. this was gained fro the Sanctuary's closet? A bright orange dress suit, lingerie, and maid outfits soon followed after, and Mortis could not help but linger upon the latter two... Mainly out of curiosity as to what would possess the green alien to wear them.

Then again, he had said they were joke outfits. There had to be some form of humor to be gained from them.

To Kev's fortune, he would find the topic was enough to settle the ghoul's prior irritation, at least for the time being. Nothing could truly keep a man of the law from his true focus for very long. Until then, he was distracted with the topic of Anderson. "Yesss. We do not perform sssuch featsss very often, but there are timess when it isss necesssary." He replied, his tail curling slightly. "We prefer to have our own hossstsss inssstead of sshare." If Kev thought the Judge was suffering from having four Dark Judges within her mind, imagine Four Dark Judges having to coordinate a single body! With how close they all were, it was easy enough to coordinate, but at the same time tedious. The best way Judge Mortis could describe it would be four different people pulling on the strings of one single puppet. Titan on the other hand, Kev seemed to understand well enough. Mortis nodded in affirmation, "Yesss, although from what I can tell, the dimensssion that the Mega City wasss in had been the only place we know of that held sssuch a facility. Deadworld wasss not asss advanced asss to possess sssuch a sssysstem for corrupt Judgesss." He elaborated, not that it made jimping any less serious of an offense. They were still taken down where they dared to show their faces.

Back to the topic of Anderson... "Yesss, and that wasss not the only incident. Sshe had become a nuisssance far before our dealingsss with Joker. In fact, ssshe had been the reassson we had to travel to the Mega City in the firsst place." He hissed, "Ssshe wasss the one who had trapped our Sssuperior within her mind, and sealed both herssself and him away in Boing. If ssshe had not, we would have never had to get involved." They could have enjoyed their retirement, and Judge death could have continued to get his overconfident bony butt into more trouble. At this, Mortis gave a small sigh, detached as the undead's lungs were naught more than rancid, black mush at this point, if there was even a remnant of them. "Fear and I often ponder however if we even ssshould have gone after him. Death had willingly jumped into another dimensssion to fulfill hisss own ambitionsss, we could have jussst asss easssily treated him the sssame way he had treated Fear when he had been sssucked into Limbo." Imagine...

"Death knew the rissskss of being a Judge, it wasss hisss choice to go into another dimensssion without backup."

"We will ssstay here, Death'sss fate isss hisss own."

"Our jobsss are finissshed, we are retired now. We are not bound to return to our dutiess over Death'sss blunder."

"..." Yes, it certainly felt different when the boot was on the other foot. As much as he would like to say it felt better, there was something about it that felt betraying... Not all in the sense that death was their Chief, but also in the manner that he was also one of them. When one was part of a very limited race, even one missing member made a difference. They were in essence a close knit community, brothers and sisters in undeath, and their knowledge of each other was near intimate.

"Thanks."

Mortis attention snapped back to his ripped open palm with a soft hiss. The initial chill of Mortis' fingers made the alien's fingers merely twitch, his focus not entirely spent on an attempt to rot Kev's gloves, or his scales, from his arms. The time between contact and Mortis' intervention between his own abilities and Kev's mortal form had fortunately been swift and short enough to prevent any lasting damage. An apology was just as awkwardly given regarding the sudden tending to his 'wound', although if Kev had thought the ghoul would attack him for the effort, while touching a Judge of the law was unallowed, he was not exactly harming him either. However, while his brother was content to fill the wound with toothpaste, Mortis was interested in sewing the wound in order to keep from dirtying Kev's floor. Thankfully, the alien was keen on keeping a set of needles and thread on hand, and with that mention, he went upstairs to fetch it.

Leaving him...

Crrrk... Yap! Yap! Bark Bark Bark! Yap!

With a newly arrived horde of canines, and a horde of canid thoughts.

That toe looks good! You're not going to miss one of those juicy toes, are you? Can I have a toe? I'm going to have a toe!

Hey! Hi! Hey! Look what I found! Isn't it great? Throw it for me! I want you to throw it! Throw! It!

Hello, brother of master, that stuff in the pot smells good. Can I have some?

"Ssss..." the Judge's clawed toes curled, his tail snapping and clapping against the cushions as he heard and attempted to respond to the sudden flood of base animal thoughts. No, Osscar, you cannot have my toesss. Leave them be. Percy, I am not going to throw that, put it back outssside. Metusss... Maybe you can have sssome tea. Let'ssss wait for Kev to return firsst. He mentally replied his sternness softening as he came to address Metus. As much as the undead Judge was not all that fond of dogs, especially ones that wanted to take or bring things, the Great Dane he knew was well trained. His brother handled the animal well. The small pack of dogs  was soon accompanied by a familiar face, metallic and smooth.

"Greetingsss, Marvin." He hissed, a clawed hand raising to give the Great Dane a friendly scratch on the head. Kev soon returned as well, needle and thread in hand. "Metusss isss fine, but Percy and Osscar may need to move. The sssmall one wantss to eat my toesss." He hissed, glancing back down at the pincer with a wary flick of his tail. The needle and thread were accepted gratefully, his attention removed from the Great Dane for a moment while he went to work stitching up his wounds.

"He's not going to be staying here for 12 weeks like his brother, is he?"

"No." Mortis replied alongside Kev, unraveling a length of thread for the task. The Judge held no interest in staying with Kev for a whole twelve weeks, or even a single week. However, the robot appeared to be resentful about his brother's prior stay regardless. After the droid had decided the answer to be acceptable, its attention was turned back to him. "I am doing fine, Marvin. Have you been able to go out and do sssome exploring sssince our lassst meeting?" He inquired, threading the sewing needle and preparing the thread for stitching. With a dry crack! the ghoul splayed his hand open and wide, and he started to stitch up the gash in his palm.

Between the dogs and Marvin's entrance, Judge Mortis' story time had been officially derailed. For now, anyway. However, there was one last thing that came to mind with Kev's entrance...

"I had been meaning to asssk, Kev. Would it be fine if Metusss had sssome tea?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:21 pm

"They did?" Well, now the alien just wondered what kind of clothes the people of Mega City wore exactly. Mortis had said that they wore the things that Kev had described...so they wore silly looking outfits? The sinners of Mega City really cared not what an occasion may call for in terms of dress, just wearing whatever they cared to? "Mmm..." His brows raised, imagining what a wedding had to have been like in Mega City. "Sounds like the people of Mega City weren't very professional." In the past, the Kryptonistanian may have had a habit of grabbing whatever he may have wanted to wear, if he didn't wear his usual clothes, though time had brought wisdom and an awareness that sometimes you couldn't prance down the street in lingerie. Now, a tasteful skirt on the other hand...

Kev shook his head, shaking away idle thoughts of pretty flower print skirts and focusing on what the Judge had to say. Possessing a body was but one of several abilities that the Dark Judges possessed, and they used them as necessary. If they did something like that, it was for a purpose. ...Usually. Though they could definitely possess a body altogether, but they preferred to keep to their individual bodies. "Probably gets cramped with too many of you in there. You already have to share with the original owner, after all." What a headache one must get, to share a body with five total thoughts buzzing about inside of it. Working in a group was already hard enough to coordinate, sharing a body with others? Even with the bond to unite them, it was like four people jammed into one person suit. Immensely complicated. "Oh?" So the dimension with Mega City in it was the only one to have this Titan facility? "I wonder why that is." Dead World sounded like a very ruthless place, so surely it wouldn't have had it? Though as Mortis said, it was behind in the technology. Though it made him wonder... "How many dimensions did you find that had Judges like your dimension and Mega City did?"

Anderson wasn't just a thorn, she was a thorn that had wriggled its way into the deep muscle tissue and made itself at home within them. Through some odd means of her own, Judge Anderson had managed to trap Judge Death inside her mind, sealing herself and him away, presumably Boing was a part of Mega City. The capture of their brother had lead to the other Judges coming to Mega City to rescue him, and from there, the imprisonment inside of the crystals. Of course she'd be their target the moment they had been freed. "Persistent." The Judge gave a sigh, and admitted to the alien that sometimes he and Fear pondered over their actions. Judge Death held no qualms about abandoning the other Judges for whatever had grabbed his fancy, they were well within their rights to do the same to him. It would have saved them a lot of trouble. And yet...the Judge didn't seem to believe in it. It was one thing to consider something and a whole other thing to actually go through with it. The alien looked back at Mortis, head tilted to the side as he silently considered what to say. "...You stuck by your beliefs, and at the time you believed that the best thing you could do was to go after him. Even if it didn't end well, it's better to do what you feel is right. Right?" It was certainly better then the antsy feeling of wondering if they should have gone after Death after all, not to mention what Death's attitude may have been regarding being left behind.

Thankfully, contact with Mortis' hand did not end in a fit of screaming as Kev's hands dissolved around him. Thankfully the chill from Mortis had been a supernatural cold rather then an artic one. Otherwise, any prolonged contact may have caused his hands to lock up in response. Even as he climbed up the stairs, he had to flex his fingers and rub them to force a bit of warmth back into them. Downstairs, Mortis became acquainted with the dogs. As his toes curled, Oscar yipped and moved forward as if he were about to dig at Mortis' feet to get to the juicy toes. The only thing to stop him was Mortis' voice within his doggy skull. Oscar whined and settled himself onto the wooden floor in a position much like the Sphinx. Percy's ears drooped as he shifted the rock within his mouth, tongue lapping against it as a trail of drool began to leak from the corner of his mouth. Metus was a lot more dignified in his response, merely making a snuffling noise before tilting his head into the direction of Mortis' talons.

Marvin gave Mortis a small wave with his free hand, while Kev, having since returned downstairs, stooped down to scoop up Oscar. "I don't know why, but Oscar really likes toes." Particularly Judge toes. The min pin wriggled in Kev's arms as the alien hefted him up, before placing him onto the floor of the kitchen. He gave the dog a small pat on the butt as he did. "You still have food, eat that." Defeated, the miniature pinscher moved his muzzle down into a doggy bowl and soon the sound of crunching could be heard from the kitchen. As for Percy, Kev returned to him and held a hand out. Percy ruffed and placed a slobbery rock in Kev's hands. He held it up, inspecting it for a moment before he slid it to the other side of the living room. The English Bulldog followed, diving after it and nails scraping the ground before he scooped the rock into his maw and held it up in the air like a prize.

Kev returned to his chair and grabbed a napkin for himself, wiping away the dog slobber while Marvin nodded his head to the Judge. "Yes, actually." The robot glanced at Kev before looking back at Mortis. "I talked with Kev about it, and now I visit the city whenever I wish." The droid indicated to his books with a nod of his head. "I just got back from the library, actually." Books had definitely been a reprieve during the time of Kev's training for Marvin. "I'm glad to hear you are doing fine."[/i] Marvin glanced down at the sudden noise, inspecting Mortis' hand with interest. "Though it looks like you have been injured."

The sudden request drew more then a few curious blinks from the alien. "Hm?" Tea? For Metus? Kev peered down at the large dog, who was receiving more then a little affection from the Dark Judge. "Oh, of course." With a brief detour to the kitchen to grab a bowl, the alien returned and set it down with a soft clink. The tea pot was grabbed, and the smooth brown liquid began to pour into the shallow dish. The mouth of the bowl was wide enough for a dog's muzzle to dip in. No sooner had Kev pulled the tea pot away, Metus dipped his head down and began to lap the tea up gratefully. Kev gave his head an affectionate ruffle of his own before he lifted himself up to stand again, facing Mortis. "How goes the sewing?"

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:07 am

The ghoul nodded his skeletal head.  Yes, Kev. The people of that iniquitous city wore whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted... even if they wanted to wear anything at all. "That isss becaussse mosst of the population of Mega City One were unemployed. With nothing better to do, many went to extremesss to essscape boredom. A pity none of thossse activitiesss included sssuicide." He hissed in reply. However, while not many committed suicide, apparently one could die from terminal boredom. How that even managed to work was a mystery in itself.

Although he had to admit, not many of the iniquitous residents within the city had the same amount of tastes in skirts that the alien was currently thinking of. That being absolutely atrocious. Something darker, perhaps in shades of red and black with skeletal motifs would better accentuate Kev's figure, along with spare his gaze from that disgusting display of vibrant plant life.

...Mostly the latter.

"Probably gets cramped with too many of you in there. You already have to share with the original owner, after all."

Ah yes, the matter with Anderson... The ghoul's shoulders made a racket of snapping and popping as they were laboriously shrugged. "It takesss focuss to coordinate our effortsss, but some of our ssstrength wasss sspent sssuppresssing Anderssson'sss effortsss. After ssshe had ssspent asss much time asss sshe did with Death trapped in her mind, ssshe had learned a few ssskillsss for ussse againsst uss." He explained, "Although, when there are no other hossstsss around, all of usss tend to inhabit the sssame body, for sssake of convenience. In fact, if sssuch iss the cassse, some of usss may take a back ssseat while the othersss command the vesssel." He added, his shoulders settling with a dry groan. Pretty simple, if he thought so himself. The best way to keep track of everyone was to keep them in the same body, after all. Not to mention it would look very conspicuous should there be a man walking around with three spirits circling around him while he walked.

As for Kev's questions regarding Titan, he would find both of his inquiries answered with one reply. "The Mega City'sss dimensssion wasss the only one we visssited willingly. We had not ssseen any other dimensssionss asside from it, our home, and Limbo." Therein, they held not a clue about whether or not there were parallel versions of Titan. To think, if they had not been sidetracked with that single infuriating dimension, where else could they have gone? Could they have happened upon a world far more infuriating than it, and with a greater nemesis for them to face instead of Anderson and Dredd? Kev was not wrong in his observation about their persistence. "You are correct, though we held little choice once we arrived." With how dogged Death had been to purge the city, the other three were compelled to follow his orders, even if it meant placing themselves time after time in containment while their leader escaped. No matter how many times they escaped and continued to try and purge the entire city, they hardly made a dent, aside from the events of their attempted Necropolis. That one, single event alone was the closest they had came to fulfilling their leader's ambition, only for it all to be dashed before them with the return of two Judges.

Everything had been tossed at that city, for nothing.

"...You stuck by your beliefs, and at the time you believed that the best thing you could do was to go after him. Even if it didn't end well, it's better to do what you feel is right. Right?"

Could he really say that? Did anything that they had done feel right after countless failure after failure? At the alien's thoughtful words, the towering Dark Judge only hissed in contempt. "You know little about the sssuffering and aggravation that city put usss through." He snarled. Again his form stiffened and grew rigid with a series of snaps and crackles, leaning forward as if to loom over the small alien. "Imagine being ordered to do the sssame thing, over and over, with little to no sssuccess at achieving the intended goal. Plan after plan, ssscheme after ssscheme tossed into the field only to be thrown back at usss, compelled to go through with whatever contrived thought your sssuperior intended to employ due to rank alone. No matter how ridiculousss, how desssperate everything became. Out of our twenty yearsss in that accursssed dimensssion, only one of Death'sss plansss had come within a marginal chance of ssuccesss. Enough that we had grown optimissstic, hopeful that we would sssucceed! After Necropolisss had failed, we were ssslammed back into contianment, and Death had esscaped do whatever he damn well wissshed with little regard for usss. We were trapped within that city for yearsss, with decadesss of the sssame routine with no resssultsss! Could you keep ssswallowing that lie, year after year, while you waited, rotted in a cryssstal for aid that would only come when sssome fool fancied to let you out for their own devicesss?" Mortis hissed, his more intact hand curling its claws irritably. How dare this sinner be so bold as to say that everything could be waved off because they 'felt it was right'. It did not excuse their treatment, nor how Death took his sweet time figuring out how to release them.

Oh, wait, he didn't. He had found out nukes were apparently better brothers than they were.

"Ssss..." At once, the ghoul seemed to realize the break in his composure, and his barely contained outrage quelled  with another icy, stagnant breath. "It iss...hard to believe that after ssso long, Kev. It isss hard to believe that the intent, that attempting to aid Death with hisss ambition wass right when everything goess ssso wrong." He uttered distantly, uncurling his hand. Perhaps at another time, Kev's words may have rang true, but after so long of being presented with evidence that countered it... He could no longer swallow that pill and keep it down. His gaze fell to the floor, looking between his knees at the small puddle of dead fluids that had gathered upon the wood from when his hand had split open.

The dogs being moved to different rooms was a welcome action, although the alien's commentary was taken with a hollow "Hm." For all that the Judge had huffed and puffed earlier on, there was still some part of him that wished to believe otherwise, although he refused to voice it. He remembered when their leader was not so bent on moving to other dimensions to carry on what they had already done to their own world, a man with vision, and the smarts and ambition to see it through. They had built a paradise, free of crime, his brothers all too willing to settle in and enjoy it until those damnable aliens had come to visit. Yet it could not be denied that he, Fear, and Fire had all noticed that hunger which still burned in the back of their chief's mind. He had figured what it was before those mystical baubles had ever come into their possession...

To voice it however, he knew it would have been folly.

What may have happened should he had voiced what was so painfully evident? Would Death have tried to find new worlds to purge far faster, would there have been a discussion to begin with regarding whether or not they held a choice in travelling to them? Alas, such possibilities and outcomes were far too late to be pondered upon. His eye sockets turning their gaze back to the bleeding, wounded hand, he returned to stitching it back up. For all the good it would do once he left.

"Good to hear, Marvin." Mortis hissed, trying his best to sound pleased with the matter. Even his attempt to try and keep from letting on anything to droid he knew were abysmal, his gravel sounding more sober than glad. "You need not worry about my injuriess, I can mend them well enough." Stitch by stitch, the gash in his palm was quickly starting to close itself up, a few beads of sickly green liquid managing to seep through the pin-prick holes made by the needle. He remained focused upon his task, Kev's replies being relegated to chatter in the background for the moment while he worked.

A wet sound of liquid being contently lapped up was enough for Mortis to know Metis got himself a taste of tea.

Only when the alien addressed him directly did he reply, nary sparing a glance his way. "It ssshall be completed ssoon." He replied, the final stitches already starting to take their place. Close together and uniform in their pattern, Mortis' handiwork seemed to be that which would be able to stand any flexing or tugging made by his hands. All the same, it seemed odd to remain and continue the story after his outburst, there was not exactly much of a mood for continuing it.

"I think I will have to depart once I am finissshed, Kev." He rasped, the final stitch put in place before he started putting a knot into the end to keep it all in place. "Thank you for the tea." He hissed after a moment, taking a napkin and bending low to mop up the spot which Kev missed.

Last edited by Judge Mortis on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Unemployed? Well...that definitely explained that. "I see. Without any work place to go too, they could walk around in whatever they wanted to." There was also the possibility that they were homeless and only had so many clothes to wear, though from what Mortis said, they just had a chronic case of boredom. A weird way to solve it, that was for sure...though the alien was familiar with odd and extreme ways to escape boredom. He had been witness to many odd things, which made weird outfits seem less extreme by comparison. "They probably did not have the guts to do it." He commented with a slight shrug. Suicide wasn't quite as easy as putting on a silly outfit, after all.

The Judge's shrug made a lot more noise then Kev's own, the bones popping and snapping at the motion. For a moment Kev stiffened, eyes on Mortis' shoulders and keeping watch to see if they may snap the wrong way, or fall off completely. Once the motion had been finished without sign of disaster, his body relaxed. Indeed, between working the body and battling Anderson's own mind, that had to be hard. "The only thing that could make that situation harder is if another Judge, perhaps even Judge Dredd, approached you all and you had to act normal without arousing suspicion." Controlling a body, fighting back Anderson's mind and trying not to let Dredd know they were possessing his coworker. The trifecta. Undoubtedly, those skills she learned would prove to be a consistent pain in their bruuka as well. Though Mortis also explained that in cases where there were no other hosts available, they could all inhabit the same host and some could take the back seat in controlling it. "Ah, I see." With no host mind to suppress, they could easily control the host body, to the point of not even needing all four of them working in tandem to do it. Presumably, Fear and Mortis could do the same here if they had to.

Aah, it seems Kev had greatly overestimated their knowledge of other dimensions. Mortis had said that it was the only dimension that they knew of that had it... "Right. Still, it's interesting that your home dimension and Mega City both had Judges. Do you think it would have been possible to turn some of the Judges over to your side, to split the Judge force apart at the seams? Or had that already been tried?" A few more Dark Judges on their side, even. Though they wouldn't be brothers, it'd be more numbers to help them out. Though they may also consider being a Dark Judge to be a great honor that they didn't want to share with others. "Right, once you were there, it was a fight for your freedom. When freedom is at stake, you can't exactly slack off..." It was a persistent and long battle that perhaps never ended. The only way it could end was when those who wished to take away their freedom stopped fighting. The Judges of Mega City seemed quite dogged in their pursuit, so that wasn't an option. They could only fight...forever. ...At least until coming here.

Kev's answer had not satisfied Mortis, only seeming to frustrate the Dark Judge. As he leaned forward, almost looming with his height even while sitting, Kev stared back with an emotionless look in his eye. Though, as Mortis continued, he would find that the alien's eyes were beginning to harden. Kev did know what they had been through, he knew what Death had put them through. The alien was one of the few people on the Breach who would even emphasize with the Judges over their treatment, as most others would no doubt think they had deserved it for following Judge Death in the first place, all those years ago. For people like Kev and Livewire, however, everything they had heard and learned about Judge Death only made their dislike of him grow, and everything Mortis hissed only added to it. The hardness in his eyes did soften once the Judge regained his composure, seeming quite...tired. Ah, didn't that look familiar...? Kev leaned forward in his seat, as if to match Mortis' previous action. "If you want my actual opinion, I say that you and your brother are better off without Judge Death because of everything you have just said. Everything he has put you through while expecting you all to remain loyal to him, to continue doing what he commanded. I know what it is like to become loyal to someone, to call them brother only to later doubt your very relationship with him. It is nowhere near to the extent of your situation with Judge Death..." Megamind was many things...but in the end, Megamind was no Judge Death. The alien leaned back into his seat, hands folding on his lap. "I don't like him. I think he uses and abuses you, Fear and Fire. If he ever comes here, I will oppose him and any attempt he makes to entangle you all into his plans. He doesn't deserve you. But you and Fear are still your own person, and you can follow him to your heart's content. Just keep in mind that I do think you are right to question your loyalty to him." It was the dark side of loyalty, to hitch it to someone that didn't appreciate it, or deserve it. A gloom seemed to settle upon the Dark Judge as Kev moved the dogs to the kitchen, wood creaking beneath his feet. Mortis was well and truly conflicted about this, there was no doubt.

"Thank you." The robot bobbed his head, though he let out a very audible blink at the Judge's tone. The Judge sounded...sad. Perhaps not entirely sad, but a sad kind of tired. Respectfully, he would not bother him about it. Though, he did reflect upon how it was the first time he'd heard one of the Dark Judges sound like that... "Ah, that is good." His optics took note of the needle and thread, definitely Kev's. If that was what the Judges did to mend their injuries, they must look like stitched up dolls after a bad fight. The action was almost hypnotizing, the robot watching the metal needle pierce through tough green skin, looping a thread through the hole and pull the skin closed before it repeated again.

"Alright." Kev also took a peek, though it was a briefer one than Marvin's. Those stitches were enviable...his own stitches sometimes slipped into being more uneven, whereas every stitch by Mortis seemed uniform and parallel. Nearly perfect. Mortis spoke up again, announcing that once he had completed his sewing, he would be leaving. "Oh, alright Judge Mortis." He nodded his head to the Dark Judge, in the back of his mind he idly wondered how he had done on Mortis' tests. "You are very welcome. I...hope that the visit was good for you." He didn't want the Dark Judge to have been bored, or possibly even angered by it. The mood had definitely become muffled by the subject of Judge Death and their loyalty to him. It was best for Mortis that he leave...perhaps talk to Judge Fear. Though Kev could try to offer words of consolation or agreement, it was only Judge Fear who could understand Mortis' situation completely. The alien clasped his hands together, standing to the side awkwardly as Mortis cleaned up a spot he'd missed. His fingers twitched, host instincts telling him that he really ought to be cleaning that and not Mortis, though he let the Judge do what he wanted to do.

Last edited by Kev on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:55 pm

"Indeed." He rumbled in agreement to both observations, although Kev was not all that right regarding suicides. How did Death used to say it? Ah, yes, 'Dying isss good, dying isss eassy.' Not so easy as watching a Dark Judge shrug, apparently. Kev need not worry, however, for even with the noise that this host made when moving, it was far tougher than it looked.

Regarding Anderson, Mortis nodded his bony head, if only in partial agreement. "Not exactly, Kev. Joe wasss never one for killing a fellow Judge unlesss absssolutely warranted. Anderssson esspecially given her talentsss. The only way to get usss out of a living body isss to kill it or to remove usss with a psssychic force greater than oursss. Dredd refussed the firssst option, and the sssecond?" Mortis' thin shoulders rocked as he gave a haughty chuckle. "Anderssson wass the ssstrongessst telepath of that city, with usss overpowering her, there wass nothing to ssstop usss. What fool would kill their top telepath, knowing that we could sssimply move to another hosst after?" It would be a waste of effort and a greater waste of their top weapon against all four of them. Not that it ever stopped that city from attempting to bring her to justice for all the crimes she committed under their control.

Interesting that Kev brought up the possibility of turning the Mega-City's Judges over to their side, however... "We had done jussst that during the eventsss of Necropoliss. Mega City One'sss entire judicial force wasss under our control during our attempted purge." At the mention of 'attempted', Mortis's tone grew a little distant again. "It had worked for the mossst part, until Dredd and Anderssson had intervened. You are correct in it being a fight for freedom. Even when we returned home to Deadworld, Dredd and Anderssson followed uss to try and capture usss again." They had been the only two who had ever been so dogged in their pursuit, thankfully. Although who was to say that another like Dredd or Anderson could not be born at a later date and start the cycle all over again? in visiting that dimension they had damned themselves to be stuck in its self perpetuating system of hunting and being hunted.

And after that, contained and questioned, researched.

Though the Judge had thought that perhaps Kev would shrink away at his outburst, instead the alien's gaze while at first emotionless, grew hardened, as if he actually knew. Granted, his brother spent more time around Kev than he had, perhaps there was some truth to his position. With his reply, it soon grew clear that he had some amount of experience with a similar matter, albeit for a far shorter amount of time. A name came to the small alien's mind, belonging to a being with blue skin and a bulbous head...

"I don't like him. I think he uses and abuses you, Fear and Fire. If he ever comes here, I will oppose him and any attempt he makes to entangle you all into his plans. He doesn't deserve you. But you and Fear are still your own person, and you can follow him to your heart's content. Just keep in mind that I do think you are right to question your loyalty to him."

At that his head tilted upward to meet Kev's gaze, claws flexing slightly at the statement. First he sympathized to their purpose and cause, and now here Mortis was, listening as this tiny green sinner went on and said outright that Death did not even deserve them as Lieutenants and should he come to this dimension, this tiny, green creature at only a fraction of the strength that a single one of the Dark Judge's possessed, he would stand between their chief for the sake of keeping them out of his plans. "You really are a ssstrange one, Kev." He replied tiredly, a subtle shake of his head given. Mainly over the ridiculousness that would be Kev getting into an argument with their Chief Judge over what he could or could not do.

All the while, he was also willing to let them figure out for themselves whether or not they should follow Death if they wanted to. It was far more than any other sinner had offered for all the years they had been working.

Although Mortis was still unsure what to think about the living sympathizing to their plight regarding their loyalty to Death...

With all that had been brought up, the Dark Judge nearly did not notice Marvin and Kev's interest in his tone, not to mention his stitching. Thankfully the former did not pay any further mind to it, as they moved on to watch him sew and stitch, looping both silver needle and dark thread over and over. He could read the envy in Kev's mind, at how uniform his work was, near perfection brought on from years of practice, and mostly taking memories of the action from the sinners he had purged before. The work of a disciplined hand.

"Yesss, I enjoyed our vissit, Kev." He replied, cutting the remaining thread away with the tip of a sharp, yellowed talon. With that, the Judge got to his feet, folding up the napkin he had used to mop up the drips of dead fluids on the floor and placing it on the tea tray. He handed the needle and thread back ot him as well soon after, both fitting comfortably in the palm of his outstretched hand. In fact, they looked as if they would belong more to a doll or child with how vast his hand was spread.

Once Kev took the needle and thread, Mortis would make his way towards the door.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:45 am

For a moment, Kev was perplexed. Joe? But then he quickly put it together, Joe must have been Dredd's first name. The alien had been so used to the Judges being referred to as Judges, he'd forgotten they had full names that didn't involve the word 'judge'. So Dredd wouldn't have killed Anderson under any circumstances, unless the situation absolutely called for it. Anderson was also their strongest telepath, effectively putting the only one who could attempt to match their psychic strength out of commission. Not to mention that their world was not like Portal Breach. If Mega City killed their strongest psychic Judge, she wouldn't come back. "If she were any other random Judge, would they have killed her?" From the sounds of it, it was only her abilities that kept her from being killed on the spot. The Judges could also easily leave after she was killed and just take over a new body, so would killing any body be fruitful? Or was it futile?

As for trying to get other Judges over onto their side, apparently it was indeed a tactic that they had tried to do! The alien perked up curiously, listening to Mortis as he explained the situation. A purge had been attempted on Mega City, and the Judicial force had come into their control. The event had been referred to as Necropolis, and Kev had to admit that the word sounded rather familiar...as if he had heard it once. It had worked...at least, until Dredd and Anderson interfered. The two of them, yet again. It was odd...and it must have gotten old. A cycle that looped, never-ending. They could not even escape the two of them in their home dimension, as Dredd and Anderson followed them back there as well. "Mmm...that seems a bit much, to follow you back home like that." On one hand, he could see why. Dredd and Anderson wanted to keep their dimension safe by going to the Judges at their home dimension and capturing them. Yet on the other hand...the Judges were still people. People that Kev had seen were not mere murder machines. Did their emotions not count? Did their desires mean nothing? Could they not have a respite back in their home dimension without being followed and captured? Sometimes doing what was right could become something that...wasn't right. If Ridley could continue to exist in space simply because he probably wasn't doing anything...why couldn't the Judges go back to their base to regroup?

The alien had been unsure if perhaps he had spoken out of turn. Whenever he spoke out against the Judges' leader in the past, he was met with a less than pleased reaction. Kev had been preparing himself for a righteous defense of Judge Death, and instead he received...a subdued shake of the head. Kev certainly didn't mind it, but he still blinked a few times, as if stunned. "I...get that a lot." He had to wonder what that said about himself, that two undead corpses with a penchant for murder thought that he was a strange one. Indeed, the alien was strange...there was no way he could deny it. He would instead incline his head to the Judge in agreement.

Silence fell upon them as the two watched, naught but the sound of sewing and the munch of Oscar's food being devoured. Alas, the Judge wasn't exactly knitting a blanket and so his sewing had come to an end, using a talon to sever his thread. "I enjoyed our visit too." True, he could have done without being snatched by the neck, or being told that Judge Fear would become bored with him, but there would be no grudges held over what had occurred today. The dirtied napkin had been placed on the tea tray, and the needle and thread handed back to Kev. They sat in the palm of Mortis' hand, dwarfed by the largeness of his hand. It made him suddenly aware of how small his own hands were, not to mention how most of the objects in this cottage were so small compared to the Judges. Perhaps he ought to fix that...the alien reached out and picked up the needle between his fingers carefully, other hand grasping the thread.

As soon as they had been taken, the Judge began to walk towards the door. "Have a safe trip back, Mortis." Kev followed it up with a small wave.

The robot glanced between Kev and the Judge before looking back to Mortis. "It was nice to see you again, even though it was not for very long."

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:48 am

Ah, yes, Kev did not know Dredd's first name did he? That would explain that confused expression he just took on. Even so, he was quick enough to catch on, and his features returned to their usual attentive neutrality. Regarding the Justice Department's apparent bias... "There wass ssuch an incident where a Judge assside from Anderssson had been possesssed by usss. A Judge Krakken. Death had made him one of usss, and in return, when our attempted Necropolisss had been undone, he had been executed for hisss sservice." He hissed, matter-of-fact. At the very least, he was glad that their leader had not made that particular sinner undead, unlike Joker. A waste of a perfectly good corpse and dead fluids, that one.

The Dark Judge huffed, a bit much, Kev said. "Indeed. Asss wass attempting to ussse all of the ssoulsss of the purged upon our home to try and desstroy usss. A failed ambition, asss you can plainly ssee." Mortis replied, taking a moment to look over his stitching. With not a thread out of place, it would almost appear that the Dark Judge was admiring his handiwork instead of checking for any flaws. "However, the vasst sspace between dimenssionsss need not impede a Judge of the Law, even if it meansss they chasse usss outssside of their jurissdiction." Although, the same could be said of him and his brethren, the point of their intrusion was for the sake of helping their leader only. Death's ambition was his own choice, and the lieutenants were obliged to follow. Such was the chain of command.

Indeed, it could be said that Kev had spoken out of turn regarding their leader, but all the same... It was growing harder to not see the truth in that statement the more Mortis heard it. Especially as he spent more time with Fear. Since when did Death show any appreciation for their hard work and loyalty? Since when did he ever go on to free them from containment and not the other way around? Ah, but such matters could be discussed another time. Judge Mortis had much to ponder after this visit, and now was leaving with more questions than answers.

Regarding both the alien and himself.

"Very well. Farewell, Kev, Marvin." He graveled, giving a slow, jerky wave to both the robot and alien as he grasped the door knob and opened the way out with a soft creak. Stepping out, the ghoul closed the door behind him and made his way down the porch and back the way he came across the green fields of the grasslands.

It was only when the house was starting to grow to a speck in the distance that the sheep-skulled Judge realized that he still had the rest of his story to tell Kev when they next met.

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:02 pm