Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: In the Shadow of Trepidation...

Post by Kev on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:27 am

Mortis' curiosity about Kev's kind was new, but welcome. The alien blinked, but inclined his head in thought for a moment. "Tall, for one thing. Very tall, sometimes even taller then you and your brother. With that height came a lot of strength. And a big temper...one time, a female had been forced into mating with another male and to punish him, the Elders allowed the female to do whatever she wanted to him. She ripped both of his arms off." Kev allowed that to sink in for a moment before continuing. "So yeah, trying to attack an Elder with a female bonded, him getting hurt will anger her and you'll get ripped to shreds." Though Kev himself may not look like much of a brawler, the females of his kind looked much more appropriate for such things. Was it any wonder that the females were seen as more appropriate in defensive positions like that? Not that the alien was a defenseless weakling himself, of course.

Mortis' distant remark was met with a slight blink. Perhaps he was done with the subject, being reminded of a lawful home that was no more may be upsetting. Or perhaps it was just not a subject he wanted to talk about, which seemed likely when he asked about the ISOs. The Dark Judge sounded quite curious about them, and the alien's head tilted to the side. Not all-knowing, there was a good place to start... "They can only cover crimes committed in the City, and they are able to create a large shield to protect the city. There are eight of them in all, and at first they might seem...simple? You know, do a crime, they come and arrest you...but I think there's more to them then meets the eye. I came to them about Daemeon once, and...they were apparently stumped. About...him, and about what to do. Because Daemeon was acting in a round-about way, they couldn't exactly arrest him. So they were stumped. They also seem to have their...own kind of telepathy. They share it with X too. They also refer to people as 'Users' with a number attached. Otherwise, they're pretty mysterious. Made by Portal X himself after the police disbanded." The ISOs were also rather calm for being created by someone like Portal X, not a negative thing at all. Though perhaps a bit intimidating at first, ever since he'd spoken to them for himself, Kev found himself more at ease with the ISOs. He trusted them. They didn't give him a reason not to, after all.

Don't suppose Mortis could even stutter in the first place, though he stared back at the Judge. The sheep skull Judge reasoned that some things would carry over from Fear's time with Kev, though the two retained their individuality. Suppose the urge to test Kev could be something that carries over...especially after the training. "Indeed. Does that mean I can expect a few more tests before this visit is over?" Mortis may have gotten all that he wanted from the single test, but there was no way for Kev to know for sure, short of reading Mortis' mind. That was completely out of the question. As for the Judges being entirely their own being, that was something that was more clear now then it had ever been. The Judges had a goal in common, and a mental bond which may sway things at times. However, they were hardly clones with the same opinions. For better or for worse, they were separate individuals.

Kev stared down into his own cup of tea while Mortis sipped his own. Briefly, he fanned his cup to cool it down before he glanced up as the Dark Judge set his cup down. Mortis saw no need for an apology, finding such tests as an interesting way to get to know a person. "I suppose a test like that would tell you a lot more about someone than asking them about their favorite hobbies..." He conceded. The other person might not appreciate questions like that, but in the end, Mortis got what he needed. He got information. Speaking of information, it seems he wanted some enlightenment about...well...Kev and Fear. Specifically, the cuddling. Kev stared back at Mortis for a good few seconds, from that curious gleam to those eager hands, before his gaze went to the floor. "What do I gain...?" Well, this was certainly going to be a doozy.

His thumb briefly stroked the side of his cup as he pondered how to answer in a way that a Dark Judge would understand. Mortis said it himself, the Judges couldn't really feel. Mortis wouldn't just understand why someone would want to be close to someone else like that. Powerful, supernatural and psychic though they were, there were...some things that they had simply forgotten. "Well...I will admit, Fear can be very cold and clammy...a bit smelly too. His body does this weird squish whenever I touch it. But...there's..." His head tilted to the side, looking back at Mortis. "For us sinners, there's...a need, sometimes. To be near someone. It's reassuring to get to wrap your arms around someone you care about. It's like you're letting them know you care about them, and you'll support them. You'll protect them. Sometimes you just...want to be close. I...suppose all of those things are what I gain from it. Even if you two can't really feel me there, it feels nice to be close to him like that." There was a brief pause before the alien continued. "He also gives great scratchies."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Tall, strong, and a fiery temper followed with a violent streak... These women were summing up to be the better half of Kev's species. A pity none of them had made it to this place. "I sssee." Mortis hissed thoughtfully after a pause. "Your femalesss sssound asss if they would sshow promissse ssshould they have been placed in a world that allowed for greater potential." Deadworld Law Academy, for one. "I remember that our world nurtured a violent nature, combined with their tempersss and ssstrength, sssuch an imposssing figure would make for a fine Judge...Ssshould they possesss the mental fortitude." Mortis elaborated, briefly musing over the idea of a tall, built Kryptostanian woman clad in the shined leathers and armor of Deadworld Justice Department garb.

Why could not have Kev been one of those instead?

Ah, but the key word of all this was if they held the mental fortitude. Should Kev have a case of the dumbs with the increase in strength and height, what use would he have been to them? Not to mention Fear may have felt less inclined to be so touchy-feely with their means of obliterating this acursed world. His tail idly curled and flopped back onto the cushion with a soft slap as he continued to mull it over for a moment more, deciding inevitably that it was unproductive to linger on ideals and fantasies that could never be accomplished.

Thus, his attention refocused on the alien, just in time for him to get into the details regarding the mysterious protectors of Portal City. Interestingly enough, there was not a whole force of them, but merely eight guardians that kept watch.on top of that, they held their own method of keeping in touch with one another, and as for the laws and codes... They seemed to work in a more straightforward method, and paid attention to more obvious crimes than subtle ones. "Hmm." The Judge's claws raised to cup his bony chin, stroking it thoughtfully. That left plenty of options open as to what to do with the city... "Yesss, we remember the fiasssco with Daemeon well, along with the ISSO'sss incompetence in bringing him to jussstice. Asss we thought, they are judicially and fundamentally flawed." He hissed in distaste. A city such as this deserved far better protectors, ones that would not let anything such as Daemeon's work or any others slip under their noses. How they were going to accomplish this was likely already known by the green alien sitting across from him.

Although, if they were connected to this dimension's deity himself... Mortis leaned forward some in his seat, bones creaking as he shifted his weight. "Thisss telepathic connection intruigesss me, however. How did you come to be aware of it?" Was their mental link on the same level as his and his brother? Could they gestalt as well if they so wished? So many questions filled the ghoul's mind, but he doubted that Kev could answer them all.

However, he could answer plenty of Kev's questions, though whether or not his responses were what the alien was looking for could not be discerned. "Perhapsss I will, and perhapss I will not. That isss not for you to know." Mortis replied simply, reclining back in his seat. He held no entitlement to what the Judge was thinking, and thus he would never know completely what was going on within his insidious mind. Besides, when it came to these kinds of tests, it was best that the subject was not fully aware if he was indeed safe or not.

Mortis did so enjoy keeping people on their toes.

Speaking of which, Kev was taking an awfully long time to decide what exactly he got out of being so close to his brother. Gnarled claws curled against each other as he waited, until finally Kev spoke up. As he thought, there was nothing physically pleasant about Fear's form, not his scent, nor the cold chill of his form and the rotted nature of his host. Instead, his reasoning for cuddling up to his fellow Judge was an interest in closeness. Perhaps even the nice scratching he got from those long, sharp claws. Mortis' hands came apart from one another, one raising to idly scratch a yellowed, rotten claw against the side of his snout as mulled it over. After a long, silent moment of thought, the ghoul leaned forward to better look at his host. "I find your reasssoning to be... Pathetic" Came the Judge's decree. "We both know you have many friendsss and acquaintancesss to fulfill you mortal dessire of closssnesss. Why decide to partake in thisss with an unpleassant being inssstead of thossse who bring you more comfort? We need not sssupport or protection, we need not reasssurance in our exissstence. That requirement isss sssolely belonging to the living and their inherent fearsss." Which brought the ghoul to the next part of his statement, his skull tilting slightly with a dull crackle of ancient joints. "A creature incapable of fathoming thisss need for nuturing naturally cannot provide it. Yet, you find comfort in hisss presssence inssstead of gravitating towardsss your own sssinful kind." At this, Mortis shook his head, a hollow sigh whispering from his bones.

"I do not underssstand the attraction." Kev should be cuddling with someone warm and soft like himself, someone who held a heartbeat and could feel his presence in return. Why would he wish to snuggle up to a reanimated corpse of all things if he merely wanted to feel closeness? All of this reassurance and nurturing was for those that feared their inevitable demise and wished to feel sympathy from another who felt the same, a feeling of kinship on the painful road of suffering and sin before the final bell tolled... Right?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:15 pm

The alien nodded in agreement. "Oh yes. I'm certain that, had we been on a planet that wasn't ruined, they would have gone very far. They would probably do wonders here, assuming they didn't anger anyone stronger then themselves before they gained some strength." Powerful though they were, a destructive temper could ruin any strength you have. What use is there in being extremely strong when you lose it at the drop of a hat and flip tables over trivial things. Judge Mortis seemed to think that Kev's females could be trained to be great judges, and with some consideration the alien nodded in agreement. "An Academy like Law School would probably help focus their tempers. Give some direction." Point them towards the people they "should" be hurting or killing. "Mental fortitude...that probably depends on the female in question. I've met clever ones, and I've met stupid ones." There were a few who'd probably be right at home in Law School, if they survived.

Kev's attention was briefly distracted by Mortis' tail as it flopped on the couch. So bony, much like the rest of him...how odd it must be to be the only brother with a tail. Slowly, Kev took his attention away from the tail and down to his tea cup. Deeming it cooled enough, Kev slipped his fingers into the dark liquid and began to absorb it. Mmm...Mortis made a noise of his own and Kev looked up. The Judge remembered the Daemeon incident and pointed out that there were flaws inherent in the way the ISOs worked. "Indeed. Though they are...different and definitely possess their own mind, they also seem...a bit simple." Almost like robots without a full AI. They could only work in one large area and they could only pick up on direct crimes. Rather useful for direct crimes, not so much for the more indirect kind...though the old Law Force had that issue too. Due to Jurisdictions and needing to go through things a certain way.

The Dark Judge leaned forward, and Kev leaned forward in turn. "Well, after I told one of the ISOs that Daemeon had been leaving crystals around, and gave a crystal to it so they could look at it or scan it, it summoned more ISOs. Said they would need to discuss it and more appeared. They stood there, but I couldn't hear anything so I figured they were talking among each other. X confirmed it when he popped in there though. He said they had been stumped and summoned him to help. He also mentioned that he was speaking to them even though he was already having a...very animated conversation with me. He must be a good multi-tasker... Kev shook his head briefly to keep on topic and looked back to Mortis. "Whatever they were speaking with, it wasn't something I could...sense or pick up. At least, not easily. I think it was either some...different telepathy, or maybe they just have very good mental defenses to completely shut me out." It was certainly plausible, X was a God after all. Kev wasn't prideful enough to think he could ever read the mind of a God.

Judge Mortis didn't give a straight answer, preferring to keep Kev on his toes over whether there'd be anymore tests. Kev made a hum in return, neither angry nor upset. Merely accepting that Mortis was going to do what he wanted, and if that meant poking Kev to see how he'd react, well he'd have to deal with it. At least now he knew these tests weren't actually the Judge's opinion. That made it easier to swallow and a lot easier to flow over his back. Mortis seemed a little awkward, waiting for Kev to give his answer. Something like physical affection was one of those things he'd taken for granted. It made sense to him why he'd want to cuddle up to Fear. To Mortis though, and maybe even Fear himself? It was strange. It was probably strange to the rest of the world too, come to think of it...

"Pathetic?" The bluntness took him by surprise, the alien blinking back at the Judge who seemed rather nonchalant about Kev's explanation. In fact, he was unimpressed. Kev shuffled in his seat for a moment, more perplexed by the points Mortis had brought up then anything. "I have friends and acquaintances, yeah. And I like to give them hugs, fond strokes on the head sometimes...but cuddling is...is different. I cuddle Livewire, and I cuddle Fear. I don't cuddle with anyone else, aside from my pets. Sure, I could go find Jo and cuddle the daylights out of her, but I do it with Fear instead, because I love him. His very presence gives me comfort...which is probably very strange. The aura of the room gets darker, colder...but the fact that he's there makes me feel comfortable despite it. It's a mental comfort, instead of a physical one." Mortis did have a point, Fear did not need the same things a sinner like himself needed. In fact, all Fear ever asked for was company, and loyalty. "He gives me comfort, support and reassurance...and even if he doesn't need it, I want to repay him by giving some back to him." Mortis did not think Fear could provide something he could not understand, and so he didn't understand why Kev would want to be near him. The scaly alien looked down to the wood floor, setting aside his cup of tea for the moment to rest his hands on his knees.

"You are probably right...I don't think he can fathom it, not entirely. He is...too far removed to understand a sinner like me completely. But there are some things he can understand, and he has provided me with comfort and affection." Mortis did not seem angry at all, but he was vexed and sounded tired. Like some of Kev's own friends, he didn't understand why Kev seemed to gravitate towards Fear, or why now he was even attracted to him. Kev looked back at the Judge with a softer look in his eye, silent before finally speaking. "The fact that I'm attracted to people who aren't my own kind is already pretty hard to understand. Let alone someone who is undead. I was in previous relationships with an Egyptian-Canadian catgirl and a Lunar Fae. I have a weird track record with relationships...and I've seen weirder, here. Your brother is cold and a bit gross, but I'm cold too. I shed my scales, I secrete excrement through my skin as a defense mechanism...I'm pretty gross. I can bear a couple of things like how he smells."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:40 am

Yes, yes, if the planet was not ruined they would have gone far. The thing about that Kev, was that planets did not tend to ruin themselves. "Hm, and I wonder jussst who had ruined your planet?" Mortis hissed, although he had to agree, at least Kev managed to think on the same wavelength regarding placing the females in the academy. "It takesss sssmartss to get through the Academy." He replied, "The dim onesss could get through with luck and diligence, but we would be looking more for the clever onesss." Ah, but as for direction... Even with all the years the Dark Judge spent in his undead state, he still remembered the posters that advertised a career in Deadworld's law enforcement. Mainly the part that clearly stated "Kill anyone you want! (Within reason)".

Yes, give them direction... Clearly Fear did not tell Kev everything about Deadworld's Justice Department.

Mortis picked up his cup once more and took a small sip from it. In the same motion, he noticed that the alien had taken notice of is tail idly moving about the couch, along with the thoughts that ran through his mind about it. "It isss not ssso odd." Mortis replied, taking another sip of tea soon after and setting his cup back down on the tray. Only a faint pool of tea remained at the bottom. "It isss only ssso much asss being the only Dark Judge who isss perpetually ssset aflame, or the only Dark Judge who isss required to wear a helmet all the time due to hisss ressspective powerss." They were all customized to their respective area of work, or at least their method of dispensing justice. In that, there was nothing odd at all about their diversity.

As for the ISO's, the Judge quietly listened as Kev explained exactly what went on when he gave them the crystals. Apparently they had been so stumped by it that they had to call in their creator... Mortis raised a claw to idly rub against his chin, pondering this and coming to a conclusion far before the alien had stopped talking. "Of coursse you would not be able to intercept it. If they are a god'sss ssservantsss, likely their power isss far greater than yoursss, even mine." He rasped evenly. The ghoul remembered well enough what had happened after Death had decided to pick a fight with an angel. "If thisss deity isss asss clossse to hisss creationsss asss I think he isss, likely there isss little to be done in regardsss to even begin attempting to read their intentsss." Mortis decided, giving a slow shake of his head. Whatever had to be done, it was to be on their own wavelengths. Likely the sisters would have been powerful enough to do exactly that, they had been powerful enough to change them into these supernatural creatures and aid in taking over Mega City One during Necropolis.

So long as they were not here, and they could not reach out to call them, there was little that could be done... Alas.

Back on the subject of Kev and Fear's method of being close to each other, the Dark Judge sat there silently as he explained, his tail curling and flexing on the cushions. So he had other friends, but he only cuddled those that he loved... His tail paused in its flexing movements and the Judge's skull tilted to one side as if Kev had suddenly started speaking in another tongue. "Ssso what you are sssaying isss that you love my brother and that isss the reassson you cuddle him." For a moment the rest of Kev's ramble to as to why he cuddled who he did phased out into a jumble of mental static, Mortis' thoughts much too engrossed in this particular matter to humor him further. His claw curled against his bony chin to make a sound much like a rusted nail on chalkboard, heralding his return to the present.

That and the sudden snap of his skeletal neck as he fixed his sightless gaze upon him. "A canadian-egyptian? A lunar fae!? Thisss isss the petty excussse you ussse to jussstify thisss attachment?" He hissed, an icy chill blanketing the room along with the nauseating stink of death and decay. "Thossse were ssstill living beingsss, Kev. Dessspite their odditiesss, they ssstill possesssed a heartbeat, a pulssse!" He snarled, the sickening aura only growing worse. Could you feel your body start to wither in his very presence, Kev? Were your arms starting to feel weak and frail, the iciest of chills penetrating into your very soul? Oh how Mortis hoped so, as he leaned forward.

"Tell me Kev, have you heard of the term necrophile?" Mortis pressed, a hand poised to lash out and snatch the alien up by his throat. Which, quickly enough, it did. A sudden crackle of ancient joints and rotten flesh followed Mortis as he snapped up from his seat to stand to his full imposing height, carrying a diminutive green Kev with him. Keeping the alien at eye-socket level, a long threatening hiss trailed from his skull. "Have you?" He hissed again, red starting to glow like hot coals in the pits of his eye sockets.

For his sake, he better answer.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:04 am

Who indeed. "The Qwasarians did. If they had not attacked my planet, I'm sure that with time, we would have progressed and gotten very far. But, they did attack and my people are all dead now. So in the end, it is just wishful thinking." Indeed, the Academy sounded like a place where you'd need brains and a strong will to get through. And yet, not too strong a will that you didn't obey your superiors. "Smarts, discipline, determination..." Not everybody could embody these characteristics, especially in a place like the Academy. The direction given to cadets was of course a certain type of direction. An all-encompassing direction that demanded loyalty and obedience. The price...could be deadly. But a deadly price came with a deadly job.

The alien stiffened up for a moment, pupils darting up to stare into Mortis' own as the Judge took a sip. He really needed to stop thinking so loud! Or at least keep his train of thought completely on the topic at hand, and not on idle thoughts like that. Not with the way the Judge could so easily read his mind and pick at the thoughts. "Or the only Judge who is a bisexual tart. ...Judge Fear's words, not mine." Fingers tensed around the porcelain cup briefly, before relaxing and lowering it so that his arms rested across his lap. "But I see what you're saying. Each of the Dark Judges are their own, unique person. Your tail is only as odd as my own features." Kev had been hasty in thinking such, though his gaze was still rather enraptured by the little appendage. After a few more seconds had passed, he tore his gaze away to glance down at the table instead, where both of their cups lay waiting. Kev's still had some tea, while Mortis' looked more sparse. "Do you want anymore or are you set?"

A God's servants...? Kev had never quite imagined the ISOs as being like that, though perhaps it was because his own people didn't view Gods as having servants. At least, not like how the humans did. Angels were the servant of God. So the ISOs were like X's version of angels. Naturally, to be in such a position the ISOs had a large amount of power that was stronger then Kev's, and even Mortis'. "I understand, I didn't think I'd be able to pick it up because of how strong they'd be. I was wondering if it was actually telepathy, or if it might have been something else entirely. Especially since the ISOs seem almost...like technology? They certainly aren't organic, and when more appeared, they appeared out of thin air. They are very good at that..." On Jak's birthday, the ISOs seemed to phase through the very walls once they had picked up on Jak's attempt to attack Squall and Kev. A brilliant blast of cyan energy had followed with them through. Whatever the ISOs were...it certainly wasn't simple.

Mortis' reaction to Kev's explanation was...slightly worrying. The thumping tail came to a stop, and from the way his head was inclined, it was as if he were speaking a different language. Even if the alien were to speak in any of the other languages he knew, the Dark Judge would likely understand due to Fear's connection to Kev's mind. "Y...yes?" It was like simple math to the alien. Love plus need to give affection equals cuddling. The alien's head tilted in return, hands grasping at the fabric of his pants. With his own admission that Fear couldn't quite fathom love, it stood to reason that Mortis would also have a problem. But how do you explain something like that? His hands tightened into fists, grabbing fistfuls of fabric as his head snapped up to face Mortis head on. The sound of Mortis' claws were like fingernails on chalkboard, and he winced at the snap. "It's not an excuse. I was just telling you my past relationships." The alien kept calm, even as the air turned chilly and smelled as if someone had been dying in it. Chills ran their way up and down his spine, arms almost tingling at the aura Mortis was giving off. The alien let out a soft gasp as he drew his limbs closer to himself for warmth. "Carrie...had a heartbeat, yes. But Leslie was also a fae. Do fae count as living creatures, or are they something else? Something more...supernatural?" His words were more hesitant, both due to the aura and due to a hope that if he was careful about what he said, Mortis would calm down.

Judge Mortis wrote:"Tell me Kev, have you heard of the term necrophile?"

So much for that! With a swift hand, the Dark Judge had reached out and captured Kev's neck in his grasp. "Aah-!" Kev's legs kicked uselessly, the alien hanging in the air and kept at eye-level with Mortis. The only thing that kept him from dropping to the floor was the leathery hand coiled tightly around his neck. Both of Kev's hands gripped Mortis' own, fingers attempting to pull the bony digits away from his neck. At the same time, Kev pulled away at the grasp, to get at least some amount of space between Mortis' hand and his own throat. The Dark Judge of rot was hissing and demanding answers, though the question escaped him for a moment. What had he even asked? He couldn't concentrate with his life in the balance! It took the second prompting for Kev to answer. "I-I have! I've heard of the term...necrophile! It's someone with a fascination or attraction for the dead." Kev knew just how much the Judges disliked necrophiles, seeing as they saw Nyreena and Jak's relationship as being a form of necrophilia. If Mortis got angry enough... "I'm not a necrophile, I'm not attracted to your brother because he's dead." His neck continued tensing and attempting to pull away from the Judge as he attempted to defend himself. "I'm attracted to his spirit, his mind. T-the person he is beyond the corpse body." The idea of a possible test wasn't even on his mind. He stared into Mortis' smoldering embers for eyes, scared for the first time in a long time.

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:59 am

"Qwasssariansss?" Mortis's hiss took on a curious tone as he tasted the name. Interestingly enough, the alien managed to surprise him, although he would never admit it. He had expected the alien's own people to have destroyed their own planet and set themselves back to the tribal ages. "Had the come to eradicate all life from your planet?" There was always room for wishful thinking, even while he was enjoying tea with his small, green acquaintance/criminal. He watched quietly as Kev echoed his words, possibly in contemplation.

Ah, but that stiffened posture... As Mortis was incapable of giving a true smile, he could only smile to himself at Kev's reaction to his little insight. That did not stop him from letting his amusement seep into his tone, of course. Whether it was over Kev's reply or his sudden stiffening, he would refused to say. "Yesss, I am well aware of hisss thoughtsss regarding our leader. But that isss bessidess the point." He should hear what they say about Fire, honestly. That is if dear Fear did not blab about it first. Regardless, the alien managed to get what he was saying, which was the real point of his statement. Still, his gaze still remained on his bony tail, which had ceased its idle slapping against the cushions to lay on the fabric to slowly flex and curl next to his leg. At the offer for more tea, the undead Judge glanced down at his cup and seemed to fixate on it thoughtfully, his teeth clacking against each other as he shifted his jaw.

"Another cup would nice, pleassse." He replied after a short moment. While he waited for his cup to be refilled, he listened to Kev's attempt to understand what these ISO's were. Perhaps they could be angels, perhaps they could be far more powerful. This dimension did not follow the same laws as either Mega-City One or Deadworld, after all. "Yesss, it would be obviousss that they would not be ressstrained to the sssame lawsss asss you and I. If they are technology, asss you sssay, then they are beyond usss entirely." He gravelled idly, passively having a look at that memory regarding Mar... Yes, very interesting indeed.

Not as interesting as what was going on in the present, however.

Within Mortis' grip did Kev dangle, as he made attempts to defend himself prior, so did he currently. "Fae have not been deceasssed and then brought back from the dead! Certainly you have felt the thud of her heartbeat, the warmth of her sssupple flesssh, Hm? Do not argue with me over thisss blatant discrepancy, faeriesss and the living dead are completely different creaturesss!" He spat back, an icy chill battering the smaller alien's face. So far as he remembered, Fear did not go gallivanting through the woods, charming each and every animal he came across, twittering about with flowers and trees. He did not pull tricks on those he passed, nor did he have a strong aversion to iron of all things. No, no, Judge Fear was certainly not a fae, and with that, Mortis' grip began to tighten around Kev's spindly neck. no matter how he struggled, the sinner would find that attempting to break free of the Dark Judge's grip was on par with trying to wrestle out of a solid block of granite.

"Sssss! The red glow of his eyes flared as he drank in the fear rolling off his mind. Fear of what was to come, fear of his impending punishment... It was all so delicious. Briefly the claw of his thumb moved to languidly trace over the side of his cheek, barely grazing the edge of his eyelid. There, it stopped, pointing towards his pupil, dilated from adrenaline and fear. Oh, how Kev squawked, affirming he knew the definition, and pleading that he had no attraction to his rotted state. No, apparently this little sinner was attracted to Fear's mind, his spirit.  

Yet, Mortis' grip remained, that yellowed talon tapping thoughtfully at the edge of his eyelid. In fact, it looked as if it could just slip right into his eye with a single flex, wouldn't Kev agree? "Are you certain, Kev?" He sneered, "Asss clossse asss you are to Fear, you ssshould know we do not take kindly to liarsss." Another icy hiss permeated the air, by now the room had grown cold enough that the windows started to grow a light layer of frost.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:20 pm

Kev nodded as Mortis hissed the name. The slight hiss and lisp aside, the Dark Judge had actually gotten the species name correct in his pronunciation! He had to grudging admit that it was easier to pronounce than 'Kryptonistanian'. "Not at first. They originally came intending to strike up a trade with us. They were very interested in the natural resources we possessed. When we declined, they viewed us as being greedy and unwilling to negotiate, and decided if they couldn't have it, neither could we." Though perhaps Mortis wasn't quite wrong in his original thinking. After all, if his people hadn't been stubborn and refused the Qwasarians, the attacks on his planet may never have happened.

The Judge didn't sound particularly impressed with Kev's joke, even if it was something Judge Fear had said. Of course, Judge Mortis already knew that Fear considered their leader to be a 'bisexual tart'. Everything he'd heard about the Judge painted him as being quite a...person. A huge personality, that was for sure. Bisexual tart was rather tame, when you think about it. Judge Mortis' teeth clacked together as he pondered a refill, each clack earning a slight wince. When one's head is so...skeletal, you couldn't really help that, could you? Decision made, Kev nodded and stood up. He reached forward and gently grasped the handle and the bottom of the tea pot, tilting it forward and into Mortis' cup.

Trickle trickle...

Not restrained to the same laws? There was a soft clink as he set the pot back down onto the coffee table. He'd never considered something like 'blinking out of thin air' as being part of a 'law', but it made sense. Certain creatures were bound to certain rules for how they worked. Robots couldn't birth children and organics couldn't plug themselves into a wall. "They almost seem technological in nature, but they are also...different. They are hard to explain. I agree, whatever they are is beyond either of us." Portal X made more sense to him then the ISOs did. Perhaps it was because X could be so silly whereas the ISOs were rather serious...

The alien was hardly a stranger to being held in such a way, though he still didn't exactly appreciate the feeling of hanging in the air by his throat. The alien's argument was disregarded, as no matter what Leslie was, she had not been died and been brought back to life, which was the important distinction here apparently. "We're...we're all completely different creatures. But you're right, Leslie wasn't dead." Though she was still different, from Fear and from Kev himself. In Kev's mind, if he could date a moon Fae and a catgirl, dating a corpse inhabited by a spirit made sense. To reject Fear simply for what he was would be splitting hairs. Obviously they were of differing opinions though. Chilled air puffed into Kev's face, the alien shivering in his grasp. All attempts to move Mortis' hand or even his fingers was failing, and Kev's hands slid until they were grasping at Mortis' wrist instead.

"Aah-!" Kev gasped out, flinching as Mortis' clawed finger drew close to his eyeball. The pupil narrowed onto it, sharp talon moving over smooth scales. The Judge's eye sockets were like two red flashlights, staring straight into Kev. The talon began to tap, the alien wincing with every move. Would Mortis really harm him? Would he really let that talon slid into his socket to rip his very eyeball out? He was rather unsure, and did not feel much like gambling. His hands gripped the leather wrist hard, finally tearing his gaze away from the talon and all onto Mortis. "I know. And I know it's futile to lie because you and your brother can easily read my mind and see that I'm lying." He took in a deep, shuddering breath as the chill soaked into his very bones. "I am certain...I may be fascinated with him...but that corpse...his host...it isn't really him. I know that every body you possess becomes like that, but it isn't...truly his body. T-that doesn't mean I won't touch him or hug him, I still care about him and it's what he has, but I'm not attracted to him because he's a corpse." Would the answer suffice?

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:42 am

A pity, these visitors were apparently going to spare them at first. Why would anyone wish to bother with negotiating with a planet full of sinners when they could all be wiped out? There would be no issue with trying to keep the Kryptonistanians happy with trade if there were none on the planet to begin with. The iniquitous living would have been put to rest and these Qwasarians would have what they needed... However, they too would need to be wiped out, as likely they too were living given Kev did not say otherwise. "I admire the way thessse Qwasssariansss work, if not for a few critiquesss on their methodsss..." Mortis began, his guttural gravel taking on a musing tone. "I believe they ssshould not have been ssso lenient ass to wait for a negotiation before ssstriking, for one. They ssshould have expected nothing lesss, given what they were dealing with." Never was the Judge accused of being a heartwarming, gentle soul, and never would he be. With his cold response, the undead Judge turned his attention to watch Kev pour him another cup of tea.

"Thoroughnesss would have alsso been a worthwhile effort." Mortis added, turning his attention back to the alien once his cup was filled. "...Not only againssst your planet, but alssso themssselvesss. Thank you, for the refill." Ever bound to their laws and regulations, as always. For the moment, the Judge was content to let his cup stay on the tray, letting the alien continue on about the city's enigmatic guardians. Indeed, they were beyond them, and so long as they understood so little about them, there was no point in putting forth speculation that had little chance of being true.

Time warp to the present, and the alien was still struggling within the Judge's unrelenting grip. It was not long before his captive had decided to merely hang onto Mortis' wrists instead, not that it would make him anymore comfortable. After all, Judge Mortis still was quite content to let his talon linger at the edge of Kev's eyelid, and his gasps... "Ssss.." All too pleasing to his ears. He delighted in how the green creature stared at the its pointed, yellow tip, how he winced and anxiously pondered if Mortis would actually go ahead and take out his eye. Ah, if only he had the whole day to keep him like this, at the very edge of absolute terror.

Could this be how Fear truly felt when he was purging in his own particular way? He would like to think so...

Ah, but that was all trivial to the matter at hand. Finally Kev had gathered enough of his wits to answer his question, as he turned his gaze back to the undead Judge's own, Kev would find that those same red pupils had refused to leave him all throughout his anxiety, his uncertainty, and now his plea. Readily they remained fixed on his dark blueish eyes, seeming to peer through them and even further, down, down into the depths of the alien's very soul.

The green sinner certainly got something right, there was no point in lying to either him or his brother. All the same, his grip did not lessen as Mortis listened and evaluated Kev's response. For a long moment there was nothing but silence from the Judge, save for the stiff creak of leathery skin as Kev dug his fingers into it. "Ssss..." His skull tilted to the side, as if getting a better look at him through his eye sockets. "I find your anssswer to be... Adequate." He rasped, releasing his throat with a loud snap of rotted joints to let him fall back into his seat. The sudden chill and nauseating aura that permeated the cottage swiftly removed itself as if commanded by a firm master. No longer was there frost on the windows, and the calming aroma of hot tea took its place.

The ghoul soon followed suit, easing back onto the couch with a few snaps and pops from his host. He titled his snout down at the still steaming cup of tea in front of him, calmly reaching out to grasp and raise it to his jaw.

Sssip...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:49 pm

No surprise there, of course Mortis approved of the Qwasarian's methods. It was natural, considering the Qwasarians attempted to wipe out all of Kev's kind. Though the Judge was not without a few critiques. The alien quirked a brow, body tensing up as he soaked in Mortis' words. They should have expected nothing less, considering what they were dealing with? He attempted not to find any offense to that statement, though a fist still clenched, pupils narrowing. "Well...they were definitely the kind of people that acted before thinking. We hadn't done anything to anger them yet, so they tried to negotiate. As soon as we disagreed, they jumped immediately to doing that." The Judge also thought that the Qwasarians ought to work on their ability to be thorough. Fingers curled tightly around the handle of the teapot. The addition, he was a little unclear about. Was Mortis suggesting that the Qwasarians should have been thorough in exterminating themselves? Or merely more organized and thorough in general? "You are welcome. And perhaps. They could definitely use some calm leadership." Was the response, almost tight-lipped if it weren't for the fact that he possessed no lips at all. A rational leader to lead their rage and strength could have been so useful.

In the present, the alien was still kept in the Judge's grip. Though his own hands were clasped onto Mortis' wrist, it didn't do anything to deter him. If anything, the frantic squeezes and wheezes from the alien seemed to spur him on. A hiss escaped the bony muzzle, sounding rather pleased as he continued to hover that talon over his eye. There was no way Judge Mortis would really hurt him...right? Of course not, of course not! Still, the Judge could stand to be a little less sadistic about all of this. As Kev spoke his piece, their eyes remained connected. A stable eye contact, and a tense one as the energy surged between their distinctive pupils. The alien refused to tear his gaze away, almost challenging the Judge. His hands continued to squeeze at the taut flesh of Mortis' flesh, awaiting to hear the judgement.

Judge Mortis wrote:"I find your anssswer to be... Adequate."

No sooner had Mortis given the closing statement did his hand snap open with a harsh crack. The moment he could feel that his throat had been released, Kev's own grip on the Judge had disappeared, releasing the wrist shortly after Mortis had released him. With a heavy thump, the alien fell back onto the cushioning on the chair, wood creaking under the sudden weight shift, and the alien bouncing slightly off of the plush seating. One hand flew to Kev's throat, rubbing the area over to make sure there had been no gashed, while the other hand flew to his eye. His fingers grazed the edge of his eyelid carefully. Both areas had been unharmed, though his throat was a bit sore. No lasting damage however, and the alien let out a relieved sigh. "Thank you."

The chill disappeared and the smell of tea rose into his nostrils, the alien taking a few deep, grateful breathes. His gaze turned back to his guest as he sat down, body making the usual creaks and moans as he did. Ever so calm and casual, the Judge grabbed his cup of tea and began to sip away at his drink. Kev's gaze fell down to his own cup, tea lining the bottom of the cup and waiting to be consumed. He did not reach forward to drink his own cup though, staring through the cup and beyond. He wished instead that he could just have a little bit of vodka. Silence grew between the two of them, something he much appreciated compared to the past few minutes.

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Tension, it rolled off the alien in such waves it may as well have been a tide in itself. Judge Mortis' gaze flicked up to him, imperceptible with his empty sockets. He watched as his body tensed at his words, how he was quickly starting to find offense to his words despite how he tried not to. Ah, how his fists clenched and his pupils narrowed, did he perhaps entertain the thought of possibly leaping across the tea tray and land a gloved fist into Mortis' face? Was the sound of bone crunching under his wrathful strikes pleasing to the ear currently? The Judge did not let on anything if it was the case, merely watching the alien take the teapot into his hands and start to pour, leather creaking as his grip tightened upon the handle. "Yesss, ssso you had implied." Mortis hissed, taking his cup once the pouring had concluded and Kev set the pot down once again.

For a while there was silence, the Judge's earlier behavior having settled back to his more semi-tolerable personality. however, the ghoul glanced up every so often, as if to assess Kev's own actions and in turn, reactions. How he rubbed his throat, his eye, as if to make sure everything was still intact. "Checking to sssee if everything isss intact, hm?" He calmly replied after another thoughtful sip of his tea, setting the cup down onto the tray once more with a gentle clink of china. "Fret not. Had I wissshed to claim your eye, or your throat, there would have been nothing left to fret over." Regardless of his statements, the undead Judge could not help but find the alien's reaction to be amusing.

"Thank you."

"Indeed." he graveled offhandedly, clasping his hands together as his arms rested some on his armored knees. Silence lasted between them a while longer, as the alien regained his breath and deeply drank the calming aroma of the hot tea. Although, as it drew on and the alien started to wish he could have something that could better loosen up his spirits, he would find that such was not the case. Before him still sat the ever imposing, ever chilling Dark Judge, who just as quickly held the possible intent of tearing out his eye apparently as he did of sitting passively on the couch and sip his tea. "To anssswer your earlier, albeit unvoiced, quesssstion I had meant the Qwasssarianssss sshould have been more thorough in both routess of extermination." Mortis rumbled after a few moments, the thought had nearly slipped his mind with all that happened earlier.

However, that was all the Judge seemed to have to say, as soon nothing but the sounds of Kev's breathing and the steady ticking of a nearby clock filled the silence between them.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:25 am

Kev lifted his gaze back up to the Judge, giving a small nod. "Just in case." Those were some sharp talons, after all. Even if the Judge had not intended to rip out Kev's throat, it was possible that the nails could have accidentally left behind a few scratches. Mortis' hands were steadier then the alien realized though, not a single scratch or tear on his scales. Perhaps not even a stray bruise. As Mortis had said, if his intention was to cause harm, he would have gone the whole nine yards. The cottage was outside of the city, and even though Fear may not have wanted Kev to die just yet, or die by any hand other then his own, Kev doubted that Fear would get angry at Mortis if the sheep headed Judge were to murder him. "Indeed. When you and your brother put your mind to something, you do it without hesitation. If you were trying to harm or kill me...I'd be dead already." Which pointed to the previous display being either a quick slip of the temper, another test, or a show of dominance.

Silence settled between them again, and after a few moments of temptations to go crack open something alcoholic, the alien settled for merely refilling his cup of tea. He poured himself another cup, handling the pot with a delicate air so that the liquid that came trickling out wouldn't be too loud. Setting the tea pot aside once he was done, Kev picked up a spoon and scooped some sugar into his tea, though when Mortis spoke up, he paused. The spoon lingered over the mouth of his cup as he stared back at the Judge. So he was talking about the Qwasarians and their attempt to exterminate his own kind. "Ah, I see." The Kryptonistanian glanced back down into his cup as he resumed stirring the sugar. Even pondering the fact that the Qwasarians could have been successful, and even agreeing that they should have been more through was something that felt wrong. Right to his core. As though to agree with Mortis was betraying his own kind, and yet...his own kind were already dead, weren't they? Did he really owe them such loyalty? The alien stirred his tea in slight contemplation, wondering how to respond. A conversation could hardly be held if Kev just said 'oh yes' the entire time...finally, something came to him and the alien tapped his spoon on the edge of his cup lightly, the droplets of tea that clung to the metal dropping into the tea. "Yes, they could have been more through. They could have made use of the element of surprise, caught us off-guard. Perhaps if they did, the Thermians wouldn't have reached us in time to stop them." A quick, stealthy operation was better then a temper tantrum.

Kev drew his tea close, slipping his fingertips into the tea and soaking the drink in. The aroma and taste of the tea was quite calming, calming him even more as he let out a deep breath. Now that he was calmer, the alien tapped a finger on his chin as he pondered. "Fear has told me some of his experiences as a Judge, but I'd like to hear about your's. Any sinners you've ever killed that stuck out in some way? Put up a good fight, died an embarrassing death...stuff like that?"

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 am

"Mhm." Just in case, he said. Mortis' talons were indeed sharp, but they were nothing compared to the real damage he could do. With but a single thought, a few scratches and bruises would have been the least of Kev's worries. That is, if the Judge truly had felt like doing so... Alas, this sinner's fate would not be a sentencing so long as Fear wished it, at least for now. There was no reason to go against his brother's wishes otherwise, as just as Fear respected his decisions, so too would Mortis respect him. There was a quiet hiss as the undead Judge took another sip from his cup.

You are correct." Judge Mortis agreed, setting down his cup once again on its saucer. He watched as the alien poured himself another cup of tea, idly regarding his method to prevent any loud trickling. Fear certainly taught him well in that regard. Indeed, the ghoul could not help but notice how Kev paused either, now at the full realization that he had been talking about how the Quasarians should have been more thorough. How conflicting it must be, to be the only one of your kind and yet have to represent an entire whole that no longer existed, and at the same time entertain one who held just as little a qualm or concern about their survival as they did towards the survival of everyone else on this over-glorified menagerie. So, would Kev go on to tremble and attempt to hold back his temper, to suppress the urge to jump to the defense of the deceased and long forgotten?

In time Kev came to his decision, excess tea dripping into the cup alongside the sound of metal clinking against porcelain. Interestingly enough, the alien chose to be eloquent in his response. "Yesss, the Thermiansss. I take it thessse were the people that had ssspared your kind from demisse." He hissed, "They too likely would have been next ssshould the Qwasssariansss sssucceeded in their sssurpissse attack." It was only the logical deduction after all. With resources at their disposal and no populace to negotiate with, there would be nothing stopping them from getting the upper hand. All would fall to the Qwasarians, and should they have decided to be lawful, the Qwasarians would fall to themselves.

However, Mortis knew that would never be the case. Sinners, no matter what planet or dimension they were from, never came all that willingly to justice.

As Kev dipped his fingers into his tea, the room grew silent once again. The sound of Kev's glove tapping against his scales was accompanied by the idle creak of the Judge's host as he reached forward to grasp his cup for another sip. All the while, his gaze remained upon him, pondering, though not for the same reason as the green alien. Instead of conversation topics, the undead Judge was more interested in the diminutive sinner's responses. The first outburst aside, Kev had managed to keep a cool head, if not without some rattled fists and squirming. In fact, Mortis could not help but wonder why the alien had not thought to toss him out the moment his rear hit the chair cushion. He could not have been that interested in getting to know the Judge better, could he?

The next question said otherwise. Indeed, what could have been the most memorable experiences that Mortis had as a Judge? Already a number came up, from the group of cadets that had evaded him to his encounters with Dredd and Anderson. Then there was Batman of all sinners... Something of a disgruntled sound rattled from his bones, between a grunt and a huff. Regardless, after a small moment of thought, Judge Mortis came forward with an answer.

"There wasss one that I had been rather pleasssed with." He began, taking one more sip of his tea before setting it down. Once again the cup was emptied, but instead of waiting for a refill, Mortis placed his saucer over the top of it. "A long while back my brothers and I were in the middle of being transssported to another holding facility, to be entombed forever. Our transssport wasss ambusshed and our prisssonss were ssstolen by a number of sssinnersss who worked for one called Joker. He had managed to convince Death to work with him, and I wasss sssent on a ssspecial asssignment. You sssee, I wasss to to take over the Deputy Chief and have Anderssson dealt with once and for all." He rasped, leaning back into the couch cushions and letting his clawed fingers steeple over his chest.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Mortis' 'mhm' sounded very much like Fear's. Though usually Fear's responses of 'mhm' were very good for winding him up, here he did not feel the same. The alien merely bobbed his head in agreement before busying himself with the usual process for making tea. It was hardly rocket science, and so quite easy to do. Once you were taught by a Judge, that is. Judge Mortis also confirmed that if he really wanted to do it, Kev would have been killed by now. It dawned on him that the only reason Judge Mortis was even doing this was for Fear. If it weren't for Fear, Mortis probably would have killed Kev by now and neither would have any tears to shed. If they were not as they were now, there would be no reason for tears. As it was, between certain plans and certain feelings, Judge Mortis was allowing this fascination to continue. Otherwise...perhaps those talons would have plucked his eyes out a long time ago.

For the first time throughout the entire visit, some sense of liveliness seemed to enter the alien's body. His body language shifted, crossing one leg over the other and leaning on the side of his chair. "Oh, you have no idea how right you are!" He gestured at Mortis with a spoon. The alien had shifted into...gossip mode. "The Thermians and the Qwasarians absolutely hated each other. They had some sort of rivalry going on. That's probably why the Thermians intervened to help my people; not out of the goodness of their hearts but because they realized they could shaft the Qwasarians and their plans, and get in good with us to get what they wanted so badly. Sure enough, the Thermians were the only other species that we traded with. There's also that nice plus of feeling like a savior and what not." Kev rolled a wrist, getting quite into the discussion now. It wasn't often he got to speak of the so called 'politics' of his people, and the Thermians were something of a dodgy topic at times. Some thought they were the most absolutely selfless and heroic people around, and others were more skeptical. Though no one voiced any doubt, because the Elders were very close with the Thermians. The Elders could be...pig-headed, and wouldn't hear any negative things about the species who saved their planet from extinction. "The Thermians definitely would have been next for them, and actually might have been their initial target anyway." Ah, some innocent gossip could do the heart good, and it definitely felt great to talk about his world.

Silence grew again, both trapped in their own individual thoughts. Whereas Mortis could easily be privy to Kev's thoughts, Mortis' weren't so easy for Kev to read. Not that the alien would have attempted to read his mind anyway...the Judge was stronger, and to try would just be begging for trouble. Instead, Kev broke the silence with a question and listened as Mortis provided an answer. "Oh?" His eyes locked squarely onto Mortis'. This story seemed to be during their time as the Dark Judges, as during a trip to a facility to keep them locked up forever, their prisons had actually been...stolen! Kev was confused for a moment, quirking a brow at Mortis before he remembered that prisons for a Dark Judge didn't exactly involve a room with bars. They were glass bottles, perhaps even a vacuum. Joker and Death had worked out a deal of some kind, deciding to work with each other. Mortis' special mission in this plan had been to take over the body of the Deputy Chief, using the man's power and position to take care of a thorn that had been in their side. "Woooow..." Anderson, if he remembered correctly, was a Judge with psychic powers who was a big problem for them. Taking her out would have been useful, and who would expect to be attacked by their Superior? "How did that go?"

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Yes, the dark Judge was doing this for his brother, for the sake of their plan. Nothing was done for himself nor the green alien sitting across from him. Mortis' posture straightened some as he observed him, able to tell something was going on behind those big dark eyes, even if he kept himself from intruding to see for himself. At once, Kev's own posture changed, a sort of lively radiance emanating from him that was unexpected. His legs crossed over each other and he leaned on the side of his chair, leaving the ghoul to tilt his head slightly.

Just what had gotten into the alien? But a few minutes ago he had nearly cracked the handle of the teapot from how hard his fist was clenched around it. Now, the spoon was pointed and gestured toward him, Kev's tone becoming more involved in a manner that seemed he was speaking with a friend. Strange. Throughout the display, Judge Mortis silently sat there, listening while torn between asking the alien what snapped inside of his brain or going along with it.

"You certainly have perked up. Sssnuck sssome sugar into your tea while I wasss not looking, did you?" He replied once the alien was finished, skeptical. All the same, these Thermians and Qwasarians sounded rather typical. Rivals who hated each other, with one holding no qualms about killing who they wished to get what they wanted, and the other... Similar, but more willing to be 'peaceful' to get an advantage over their rival. Should all three factions have decided to go the route of extermination, none of this would have been necessary.

All the same, this was decidedly better than having to report back to Fear with failure in his decided mission. "How were the Thermiansss after they began trade?" He asked slowly, if these beings were the only people they traded with and at the same time were their saviors, they had to be somewhat tolerable.

What was this, 'during their time as Dark Judges?' They still were lawmen, bringers of order and the lawful decree of Death wherever they traveled! Or so he thought. They still purged the living, eradicated the unlawful where they could find them. Aside from a agitated snap of his tail, the Judge said nothing about Kev's thought. Currently he was engrossed in the story he started telling. He paused only as he noted the quirked brow that Kev gave him "Our prisssonsss are not ssso sspaciousss asss those the living are placed in. A Glassseen cryssstal tended to be roughly the sssize of a football. There was a hiss as Mortis remembered those tiny, glassy cases. "Twenty yearsss we had been kept in thossse off and on. Can you imagine being trapped in ssssomething ssso small for that long, Kev?" He hissed, a glass bottle and a vacuum cleaner were nothing compared to these containers. A vacuum cleaner could be navigated out of and glass easily could break if dropped or thrown, but glaseen... Impenetrable and unbreakable unless you had the right tools. Means such as liquid nitrogen and laser cutters were not so easy to come by. Kev's awe on the other hand, was far better received. Yes, it was quite an undertaking, but such tasks came rather easily for the Dark Judge.

After all, he could never be beat for an inside job.

"I inflitrated the Jussstice Department within a mechanical mosquito, where upon finding the deputy chief, I wasss injected and quickly took over hisss body and mind. He did not even know what hit him it wasss all ssso quick." Mortis went on, rather pleased with himself. "From there, I immediately went to work and ordered an arressst for Judge Anderssson on the groundssss that ssshe had a hand in our essscape." He paused for a small moment, empty sockets kept on Kev before he continued. "Yesss, I realize that reassson wasss not ssso sssenssical given how Joker'sss men had freed usss, but underlingsss know better than to quessstion their ssuperior. At leassst, mosst of them." He explained, rolling his wrist before letting his arms come to rest on his thighs.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Judge Mortis wrote:"You certainly have perked up. Sssnuck sssome sugar into your tea while I wasss not looking, did you?"

"Hm?" Kev blinked at Mortis before glancing down at himself. "Oh...sorry. Hehehe...I did have a bit of sugar, but actually I just got a little...mmm, excited. The relationship between the Thermians and the Qwasarians was good gossip on my planet. Especially when some of the Thermians would join in." The Thermians who handled trading usually had a lot to gripe about when it came to the Qwasarians, and sometimes Kev and his kind were the ear that listened. Not that most usually wanted to listen...some wanted to get their things and go, but Kev had always been one for gossip! In any case, the alien uncrossed his legs and planted both feet upon the floor. His back straightened against the back of the chair and both arms laying across his lap, tea still in his hands. Kev had gone from gossiping housewife to professional, though he made a mental note to himself not to slip like that again. The sudden change seemed to unnerve Mortis a bit...

"The Thermians? Their leaders didn't talk much with anyone besides our Elders. They seemed nice enough, if a bit...arrogant sometimes. Your average Kryptonistanian like me usually only talked to the Thermians who did the trading, and they were rather polite. Curious little buggers too...they were actually some pretty good listeners. I don't know if all Thermians were like that, but those ones definitely were." Perhaps the behavior of their leaders was merely the usual behavior one would come to expect from those who were in power. In all, the Thermians seemed rather tame when compared to the brash Qwasarians.

The Dark Judges were still lawmen of course, Kev had just been unsure if Mortis' story would be from his time as a Dark Judge or from his time as a human Judge. It didn't matter what time frame the story was from, merely an observation to get an idea of what all Mortis would have been capable of during the time of his story. Kev glanced down at the tail, more then a little confused before deciding to set the cup aside. He'd had his fill of tea for the moment. The porcelain made a soft, clicking sound as he hit the wood of the coffee table. Mortis went on to elaborate on what exactly their prison had been like, some sort of Crystal that was the size of a football. The memories of their prison made the Judge upset, hissing. "Twenty years?" The alien sounded a little awed to hear that. Twenty years of being placed in a small crystal, escaping and then being put back into it all over again? Kev wrapped his arms around his chest, giving a soft shiver as he imagined it for himself. "I can't possibly imagine how awful that had to be..." Twenty years of any prison sounded positively awful, let alone a tiny one like that. And with three other people inside? Absolutely awful.

Mortis went on with the story, and Kev had to admit he did not think any sort of mechanical mosquito would have played a vital role in this story. That was...interesting! A bit confused, he nevertheless paid attention. The mosquito flew into the Justice Department and landed on the target, doing what mosquitoes do. Of course, rather then suck blood, the mechanical mosquito gave the deputy chief a hot injection of some Mortis! "Ooh..." Just like that, Mortis was able to take over the man and order an arrest for Judge Anderson, accusing her of having a part in the escape of the Dark Judges. Mortis did seem a bit wary about whether it was a good enough reason to order for her arrest, and Kev gave him a little shrug. "If they didn't know this Joker man was behind it, for all they knew, she really was involved. After all, perhaps someone on the inside told them where to find you guys to smuggle you out." Even aside from not wanting to anger a superior, it was also better to be safe then sorry. ...Even if being safe was also pretty disastrous, considering the actual situation. "But, like you said, they probably wouldn't argue against their superior." Though he had a feeling this 'Judge Anderson' was a different story...

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:46 am