Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Roller Coaster Of Love

Post by Kev on Fri May 06, 2016 1:24 am

"Mmm..." Well, how else does one explain how a car works?! "It's still different from an airplane." Kev insisted with a squint. Plus, Kev's explanation pretty much explained the bumper cars. Hit a pedal with your foot, move the wheel. And if Fear handles the pedals, that pretty much took care of half of the responsibility of driving! Idly watching the cars, the alien scratched at his cheek as the Dark Judge scratched his iron helm. Pupils followed the pattern of the other cars, almost missing Fear's comment. "Mmm...?" Blinking as if to shake himself out of a stupor, he turned back to the ghoul. "Funny how?" Taking note of the Judge's hand near his face, the alien stepped closer. "Is it your face? Maybe it's still bleeding from where you got stabbed..."

A sarcastic question received an honest yet blunt answer, and the scaly man couldn't help a light snort. It was amusing, but in an endearing way. "Well then, I'll be sure to make it worth your while." Came the cheeky retort. Another lap tantrum, perhaps? Though the thought was purely in jest. They were in public after all.

Nothing sets a mood like your boyfriend wondering if you died in a race though. The laughter that punctuated the remark earned Fear an entirely bewildered look. "Disaster? Certainly not! It was fairly benign, actually!" In fact, the experience had provided some good levity due to the disasters that surrounded the race. Kev scoffed, arms crossing over his chest as he gave the fiend a scrutinizing look. "How easy do you think I am? ...To kill, that is! I've died many times, but never in a race! I in fact got us to fifth! So, I did a pretty alright job." For a guy that never really drove before, that is. "Skyler was actually my navigator and partner in that race. You can ask her yourself and see just how much I didn't die during that race~!" He rocked on his heels, tone sing-songy as he seemed to boast. There was no true offense taken, as Kev was used to such dark humor from Fear by now. Still, where was the fun in shrugging off the joke? Might as well snark back.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:18 pm

To-may-to, to-mah-to. Judge Fear was more inclined to dismissively wave the alien off, rather than explain. He did just that, too. "I cannot feel physssical pain - don't you lisssten?" he rasped, exasperated. How many times must the helmeted ghoul repeat himself? Wasting a Judge's time was a capital offense, you know.

"Well then, I'll be sure to make it worth your while."

Eh, and so was that...

"I think you are very easssy," was the honest answer. Surprised? Don't be. Don't be surprised about this, either. "Fifth place?" Judge Fear openly snorted, jeering, "That'sss nothing to feel accomplisssshed about. It'sss either firssst place or bussst in a race - anything elssse isss peanutsss. You don't even place when coming in fifth. Honessstly, you ssshould have died to sssave face." And no, he didn't need to ask the cyborg gal. Kev's memories were plenty sufficient enough, if not dreadfully lackluster. A benign car race, ugh... Whatever happened to the American psuedo-sport of.. oh, what was it, Nascar? It was about as exciting as watching the one-hundredth left turn. Boring, boring, boring. Kind of like waiting around in this line. The grave may teach patience, but Judge Fear could think of a million better things to occupy his time. Instead, he was loitering about with excited sinners - Kev included. "I am about to give thisss line a much-needed trimming," he muttered. Those talons of his were incredibly sharp...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:15 am

Large hands waved the alien away dismissively, the ghoul reminding Kev for not the first (or last) time that he couldn't feel pain. His own hands were brought back to his chest defensively, blinking up at Fear. "Alright, noted..." So whatever Fear was feeling, it wasn't a 'physical pain' sort of funny. Maybe...mental? Either way, it seems the Judge didn't want to focus on whatever was causing the feeling. Aside from a brief look out of the corner of his eye, Kev was content to let it slide.

"Easy?!" Kev scoffed! "Only for you, and only because it is you." As if he went around giving everybody a lap dance. And as for the race... Fear was less than impressed. First or bust, huh? Eyes rolled lightly, shaking his head. "Sometimes, winning isn't the point. You should just have fun." Fifth or not, that race had been enjoyable. Even better to be having fun with friends. The accomplishment was crossing the line in one piece! "After the life I've had, losing a race is the least embarrassing thing I'd need to save face for." Getting drugged and drunk and running naked required more saving face...

A hand reached towards Fear's, giving him a pat. "Don't worry, I'm sure the line will move soon. Just have to let these cars finish their turn!" As if fate were listening in on them, the bumper cars suddenly slowed to a stop for everybody to get out. The riders shared laughs and smiles as they unbuckled their seat belts and climbed out of their cars. A few stray teenagers grumbled about the time being too short. Moving in a single file line, the riders made their way out of the area through the exit. At the entrance, a young woman with her brown hair in a tight bun waited until every single person had left the bumper car area before she unlatched the rope for people to enter. As they approached, she inquired as to whether they were going to ride in pairs or alone. As Kev had predicted, several of the parents and children were riding together, which made the line move faster. Their feet shuffled with every movement, Kev leading the way until the two of them were standing before the woman!

"Are you two riding together, or are you single riders?" She asked, in about the same tone as she asked everyone else. Despite the two being male, a scaly reptile man and a shambling undead creature, the woman was unfazed.

"Together!" He answered with a chipper tone, both arms looping around one of Fear's snugly. The attendant nodded, stepping to the side for them to pass through and find a car. Still leading the way, Kev pointed out three cars that were still available. Each bumper car looked the same, but they had different paint-jobs. One had flame decals and was colored red and orange. The closest car was pink and purple, with little rainbow decals along the back, and the last available car was blue and white, with ice decals. "Which one do you want to ride, Fear?" They better pick fast, because other people might claim them before they choose.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:59 pm

"Easy?! Only for you, and only because it is you."

Mhm...

Judge Fear did what Judge Fear did best, and that was invalidate Kev's huffy-puffy responses by shamelessly buffing his grotesque talons against his chest. "Riveting. Posssitively riveting," he hissed indifferently. Lap dance, winning isn't the point, fun with friends - all liberal mush. And yes, that included the lap dance. Fortunately, the line was moving forward and the ghoul would soon be spared the horrific fate of standing idle with a certain bleeding heart alien. ...Though he wasn't spared from one of Kev's sappy little moments coming up shortly.

In front of the line attendant they now were, and just as Judge Fear was about to answer... Kev did the darnedest thing and latched himself onto the superfiend's gangly limb, all happy and cute-like. The air bristled with malignant otherworldly energies. "Mmm... Kev, you are on the right path to becoming proper roadkill," he grumbled sourly. Tempting... oh so tempting. Alas, they were both holding up the line, and that just wouldn't do. Unable to outright murder Kev and bash his little head in with a solid piece of pipe, Judge Fear rigidly shambled ahead to better spy their choice of ride; though, really, they weren't quite the best... There were three to choose from: one with flames that any little boy would love, one with icy decals, and the ever so stereotypical girly car. Judge Fear stared particularly hard at that one, muttering about being 'not that kind of' something. Seeing as how he wasn't Judge Fire, the choice was clear.

"That one," he pointed a gnarly finger at the bumper car sporting the ice decals. "I judicially deem thisss vehicle sssuitable and closssessst to my tassstesss." It could do with a few skulls, however. Nothing wrong with a good skull motif.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Inattentive and definitely not in the mood to hear Kev wax lyrical about the wonders of teamwork and enjoying oneself before winning, the Judge merely rubbed his talons across his own chest and hissed a few words to simulate a conversation. Both large eyes squinted at the corpse, and if he possessed them the alien would be puffing his cheeks out. He settled for a soft hiss of his own, prodding at Fear's side. Jab jab. "Alright, grumpy ghoul, I can take a hint." Somebody was bored and the last thing he wanted to hear was Kev's shrieking voice. Thank the Gods the line was moving...

Gripping the spindly limb, Kev didn't seem perturbed by the prickly energy that shivered through the air like electricity. If electricity had a murderous bite to it, that is. "Roadkill?" Well, you can take the badge away from the Dark Judge, but you can't take away that Judge instinct. His emerald scales bristling lightly like a pine cone, his hands tightened ever so slightly. Fear was always a prickly guy, but today especially! Was it him...? Or was it just that the Judge was having a bad day? It doesn't get much better than spooking yourself, after all. "You don't really want me killed, right?" He inquired beseechingly. As for the attendant, apparently hypothetical death talk between partners was something she was not used to, eyeing the two with wide eyes as she held both hands up defensively. Gonna keep an eye on you two... Make sure no...'accidents' occur. She continued to stare even as they shambled away, only turning away to address the next people to enter.

As Fear set to judging their choices, the alien appraised them for himself. Personally, he felt an inkling for the fiery car. The rainbow one looked more like it was up Livewire's alley, and Kev made a mental note to bring her to the bumper cars if ever they came here. Huh...a car robot driving a car. Wonder how weird that'd be? Semi-distracted by that line of thought, he snapped back to the present when he heard his partner grumble. "Hm?" Not that kind of what? Whether Fear elaborated or not, the taller man pointed a finger towards his choice. With cool colors to match the decal theme, it seemed nice enough. Not too overtly girly and perhaps not as flashy as the fire car. "Looks good to me!" Kev lead the way over, just as a redheaded teenage girl and a pre-teen girl with braces snagged the rainbow car. The younger girl squealed happily, even rubbing her palms over the rainbow decals as if to properly claimed it as her's.

Approaching the bumper car, Kev released Fear's arm and bent at the waist, his other arm outstretched for Fear to use as support for climbing inside the car. "After you!" Probably went without saying, since he'd have to sit on the Judge's lap to steer. But, this was Kev, and he wanted to ham it up a little bit! The alien even sent Fear a cheeky little wink to top it all off.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:29 pm

You see? Kev wasn't entirely daft. An impish chuckle from yours truly was the alien's reward for finally taking the hint. Now, then! The question to end all questions. Careful what you ask, Kev...

"You don't really want me killed, right?"

That's not careful at all.

But, like the good sport that he was, Judge Fear humoured the alien's naivety all the same. He shifted his meager weight to one bony hip, both spindly arms folding over the ghoul's emaciated chest. "Gee, let me think about that, mate," Judge Fear rasped, being a pill. What else? The answer ought to be the usual 'yes', but that would just be the tart cherry on this otherwise spoiled sundae. It also wasn't an outright 'no', however, because they technically were, um... Bugger! This was a rather strange predicament, wasn't it? "...On sssecond thought, let'sss jussst enjoy the ride." Uncomfortable - very uncomfortable. Know what else was uncomfortable? The bloody car. Suffice to say, stuffing a towering corpse into a child-sized dodgem was like piling ten wrestlers into a clown car. It simply didn't work.

And the superfiend knew that quite well, judging by how his damn knees were now up to his ribcage and his feet practically dwarfed the accursed pedals. "Mm... I look ridiculousss," he griped. Which was true, because Judge Fear absolutely did. Sigh... it was just going to be one of those days. That saucy wink of Kev's merited a scalding glance. "Jussst get in, you ssscaly little blighter."

Mind where you sit, Kev dearest~!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 pm

The sassy change in demeanor was well-noted, though it was hard to ignore considering the ghoul's typical straight laced and stiff stance. Now he was shifting his weight onto a hip and crossing his arms over his chest. As soon as the word 'gee' left Fear's...mind, the alien's own eyes dropped into a flat gaze. A few quiet moments ticked by, Kev ready to hear what the Judge's answer would be, only to get...well, none. That bloody was uncomfortable, the scaly blighter turning gaze away for a moment. At least Fear hesitated, right? It wasn't an instant 'YESSS KEV I WANT YOU DEAD YOU PAIN IN MY ARSSSE'. Rather than think about it any further, he left it at that and nodded his head gently. Change could not happen in a day and Kev was still a sinner.

On a far brighter and funnier note, poor Fear looked as uncomfortable as Biddy when she'd climb into a metal bucket to help Kev with his training! Knobby knees level with his chin, arms long enough to drag against the bumper car floor if he draped them over the side. Fear's back was hunched over in his attempt to fit inside, and on the whole he just looked so uncomfortable! Stifling a snort, the mouthless man instead made a soft coo. "Aaw...you kinda do!" Reaching over to pat a knee, he gave it a squeeze. "Don't worry, I bet I'll look ridiculous too. And then we can look ridiculous together!"

So fiesty...for some reason, the scalding look and demand only made the alien wiggle his eyebrows impishly. "Sir, yes sir!" Saluting for a moment, he quickly grabbed the sides of the bumper car to steady himself as he delicately stepped one leg in. Attempting to avoid stepping on Fear, he managed to shove his foot into a spot between Fear's own foot, and the wall of the car. His other sneaker followed suit, his legs awkwardly positioned over the ghoul's. Slowly but surely, he squatted awkwardly in Fear's lap, gap between bruuka and lap closing together until he finally sat on him. Moving to grab the wheel now, his cheeks burned. This position made him feel just a little bit...embarrassed. Shifting lightly on the ghoul, he glanced back at him over a shoulder. "You okay back there?" If the Dark Judge was like a sheepdog, overstuffed into a bucket, then Kev was a wee kitten sitting upon his head and dwarfed in comparison.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:01 am

There it was again, that awful burning sensation.

Hardened fingernails raked against iron, Judge Fear grunting. "Why am I ssso bloody itchy...?" he muttered. And it was in the same wretched spot, too! The reason didn't occur to him, not yet, seeing how the helmeted ghoul was far too busy observing Kev get into the dodgem with great awkwardness. Misery sure loves company~! "Ha ha! You know what they sssay about karma, mate." That's what the alien gets. As for stepping on the superfiend or accidentally bumping him in the odd place, it's not like Judge Fear could rightfully feel a thing. In fact, he honestly couldn't feel the pedals if he good and proper tried... Just one of the many details Judge Fear conveniently forgot. He ceased scratching his helmet's metal sides and paid attention to Kev's voice.

"Asss right asss rain, I sssuppossse," was his answer. To be fair, this was as comfortable as Judge Fear was going to get. There was simply no additional room for his gangly limbs to sprawl, nor could he contract his host any further than it already had. Despite being a chiropractor's nightmare, however, he was rather content for the time being. Can't really say the same about Kev, though... What's all this funny business about hovering his fanny like that?

Judge Fear had none of it and grasped the alien's shoulder, firmly pressing him down. "Will you jussst sssit already?" he demanded. "It'sss jussst my lap - it'sss not going to bite or anything. Avoid the mantrapsss around my waissst and you will be fine."

Unfortunately...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm

"Maybe there was something in that dumpster? Like a bug or something, maybe it's crawling around in your wound." Kev suggested in the gentlest shrug he could give. He was rather focused on climbing inside of the car after all. The brunt of his hip clipped Fear's chest, and at one point his heel accidentally stepped on the ghoul's, but there were no pained yelps. An advantage to his undead body! Karma, was it? The alien snickered lightly, but threw a gaze back to the man. "Yeah, I guess it's only fair, hm?~" And now here they were, the two of them crammed together in the same bumper car. Might as well be like a clown car! Aside from an up close encounter with Fear's...specific scent, it wasn't exactly that bad. Or so the alien told himself as he wrinkled his nostrils. That dumpster hadn't done him any favors, sadly. Still, the alien refrained from any whining. Not even the smell of a rotten body wrapped in garbage was going to ruin this day, no sir!

"Good, good!" Satisfied, the alien continued to squat there, with his bum hovering above Fear's lap and his eyes on the ride attendant. The young woman had released all of the riders, and clasped the chain back into place to keep those still waiting behind the line. As she returned to her station, Kev suddenly let out a squeak when a sudden weight appeared on his shoulders! "Eep!" No more hovering, his behind planted firmly on Fear's lap. "Ah, sorry! I was...trying to be gentle!" Well, not quite, but the scaly man was far too embarrassed to admit the real reason. Avoid the mantraps, got it. "I guess you can...keep your arms around me so they aren't dragging on the floor?" He suggested, keeping his gaze steady on the wheel and away from anything else. The burn was now quite persistent on his face, as though he'd been out in the sun without protection.

Screeching to life, the P.A. system came to life and carried the voice of the attendant throughout the car arena. "Please keep your hands and arms inside the car at all times. Remained seated while the car is in motion. Try to keep all of the cars going in the same direction. Thank you and have a good time."

Their bumper car jolted, rocking in place. "Oh!" Kev's scaly hands flew to the wheel and grasped it tightly, raising his gaze to look around at the other cars. Squeals sounded in the air as the cars drove on the thick rubber road. One car nudged their rear as it drove on by and his thumb rubbed against the plastic wheel lightly. "Time to show them what we're made of, huh?" Hopefully without any murder!

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:22 pm

No, definitely not a bug from the dumpster... Judge Fear would undoubtedly figure the caper out in a moment; right now, Kev was being an absolute nuisance, what else? "And do you honessstly think I'd let my knucklesss drag around like an ape'sss?" he scoffed. But if the alien thought the Dark Judge was going to actually embrace him from behind like a pair of lover's, well... Always the bitter tart, the ghoul studied his immediate predicament and adapted: he rested both of his lengthy forearms atop the bumper car's doors and kept them there. "It'sss bad enough you're sssitting on me, mate." Take what you can get, Kev, take what you can get. And there was that vexing burn again... Maybe it had less to do with Judge Fear and more to do with -

"Please keep your hands and arms inside the car at all times. Remained seated while the car is in motion. Try to keep all of the cars going in the same direction. Thank you and have a good time."

Damn! Lost his train of thought.

The car lurched forward with a jolt, and Kev predictably floundered about like the sorry lump of flesh that he was. "Careful," Judge Fear warned. "If you don't get usss out of the way sssoon, sssome cheeky little bassstard isss going to - " THUD! Well, it was dodgems, so...

Fear let out an alarmed snarl as he found his host roughly jostled, the fiend's iron helmet tipping forward. If that initial bump had been any stronger, Kev would have found the back of his head a tad swollen. "That doesss it!" the fiend rasped angrily, slamming a fist against their car's paneling. "I hope you're ready to take your driver'sss exam, becaussse we're about to embark on a crassssh coursssse and ssshow thessse buggersss how it'sss done!" And before the poor alien seated upon the Dark Judge's lap could have a say in anything, Judge Fear slammed his nasty foot upon the accelerator with enough force to damn near shatter a concrete brick. In short, it was very likely that this bumper car wasn't going to see another day of operation.

"DRIVE, KEV, DRIIIIIIIIIIVE!" he howled.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 pm

"And do you honessstly think I'd let my knucklesss drag around like an ape'sss?"

Initiating pokerface. Steering wheel suddenly becoming very fascinating, Kev drummed his fingers against the rough plastic. "Maaybe... Not on purpose but you have to admit you might... Forget your hands are dangling over the sides of the car?" The alien shrugged his shoulders gently, bracing himself for any snappy responses. It wasn't meant as in insult the Judge could just be...forgetful! Tulsit, less than an hour ago, he'd found the ghoul in a dumpster with a knife sticking out of his face! Ignoring Kev's suggestion, Fear laid his arms over the doors. It wasn't an embrace, not that he was hoping for one or anything! But, he had to admit that it was a good move. It even helped to corral Kev in the car, with the ghoul's arms as guard rails on each side. "I wouldn't say it's that bad." The scaly man teased lightly, though any brow wriggling was cut off mid-waggle by the bumper car's activation.

Although Kev had heard Fear's warning, he had not reacted in time to avoid them being hit. Wincing, he ducked his head down apologetically. The attack barely a few seconds into this round of dodge-ems seemed to set the Judge off! With only a startled yelp as his answer, the corpse slammed a foot down and the car began to accelerate! Kev's body slid until he was pressed against Fear's garbage soaked leathers. Fingers curled tightly around the wheel, he seemed stunned for a moment.  Staring at the other cars with widened eyes, only the howling demands from over his shoulder ushered the scaly man into action. "Y-yes sir!"

Cadet instincts cropping up, Kev drew upon his memories from the kart race. Spying that girly car up ahead, he turned the wheel sharply to the left. Their car raced towards the other car at an angle, smacking into the side and sending it sliding into the bumper barriers. The riders screamed out before jerking in their seats, long hair a mess around their skulls as they stared at the ice themed car that struck them. Back with Kev, he continued to keep his hands steady on the wheel. Head cocking to glance over each side of the kart, he tilted the wheel to the right. It brought them closer to the outer edge of the area to give everybody else a wide berth. Everybody aside from a flowery car ahead of them! Fake roses and daisies adorned the metal, paint faded and scuffed from past rounds. The distance between the karts shrank until --WHAM! Their front bumper slammed into the rear of the other kart and gave the driver a firm jolt! Jerking from the impact, Kev glanced over his shoulder to Fear with a chuckle. "How's my driving, sir?!"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:03 pm

"Maaybe... Not on purpose but you have to admit you might... Forget your hands are dangling over the sides of the car?"

Why you little...

There wasn't enough time to give Kev a royal whoopin' - not when their poor bumper car found itself ping-ponging around the damn arena! As much as Judge Fear boldly claimed how he was impervious to mortal harm, you can bet your entire paycheck that the old fiend was thinking twice about his otherworldly resilience. "God have mercy!" he cried. Off, off, off! Judge Fear wanted off this doomed hellride! It was one thing to school these sinners with a seasoned driver at the helm, but it was another thing entirely when it was Kev in the driver's... er, lap? There was no going back, however, and as their car barreled toward the feminine one up ahead... BAM! They promptly T-boned the other drivers, and Judge Fear felt every jarring bone in his host get abruptly rearranged. He slumped, a gangrenous hand rested upon his battered helmet. "Oof... I'm not asss young asss I ussssed to be," the superfiend groaned. How did the youthful stand such a nightmarish ordeal? More importantly, why did they willingly subject themselves to whiplash? The 'fun' didn't stop here, though.

Judge Fear peeked through his leathery fingers, spotting Kev's next target. Oh no... Oh no, no, no. Not front-to-back impact! "Kev, mate... Kev, that'sss not a good idea. Kev, you're going to - Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev, KEV - AHHHHH!" It was a beautiful thing, momentum. It was beautiful, because Judge Fear could see the entire disaster in his mind's eye perfectly. He braced for the inevitable, what good it would do.

Iron helmet, meet the back of Kev's scaly head.

Kev's scaly head, meet the front of Judge Fear's iron helmet.

THOK!

It was a beautiful, beautiful union.

"Auuuugh!" The ghoul's vision was positively reeling, his plethora of droopy eyes spinning in their sockets. His vision swirled, his hearing rang, his everything hurt! The latter being figurative, of course. When Kev, always the cheeky tart, dared to ask about his driving, Judge Fear practically blurted, "I'M ALREADY A DEAD MAN, KEV." Translation: your driving was juuuuuust great, Kev. After all, if the helmeted superfiend was dumb enough to keep his foot plastered firmly on the accelerator, then clearly he was just bellyaching to bellyache. Keep doing what you're doing and have a little fun!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:23 am

Never before had Kev played a round of 'bumper cars' with somebody else in the car with him! Riding alone was great, but the scaly alien found himself enjoying the bit of company Fear provided. The seating arrangement wasn't perfect, but the Judge's cries seemed to spur Kev on! More cars to bump, more adrenaline for the both of them! Or, well...the closest an undead being could get to adrenaline. Slamming into the rainbow car, he could feel Fear's dead body shift at the impact. Unlike Kev's living body, plump and bouncy, the undead man was stiffer. Like a thick bag of manure and rough rocks. Bony limbs were a bit pointy, but not overly so. The poor corpse sounded fatigued, after the day he was having perhaps a sit out beneath an umbrella was next on the list!

Despite his concern, the green man chuckled lightly at the ghoul's groaning. "Don't worry, Fear! It'll be over before you know it!" Their turn in the little dodgem would be over, they would leave this area and somebody new would settle their soft buttocks into the seat. It was why he intended to enjoy every second they had! Though it seems his partner was not in agreement with his tactics. Blissfully ignorant as to why, Kev did not take heed to the multiple cries of his name and continued forward! The front of their car slammed into the bumper of the other, propelling it ahead of them. Know what else was sent flying forward?

THOK!

Hard iron met soft scales and firm bone. The mouthless alien met Fear's cry with a telepathic whimper of his own, both hands abandoning the wheel to clasp at the back of his skull. "Ah-!" It felt as if their bumper car had been replaced by one of those spinning tea cups, the sickly sensation of spinning enveloping him like a cocoon. His skull seemed to throb, and some of the scales had been scraped by the rough iron. No blood spilled from the reptile's head though! That was a plus, right? Leaning forward and nearly resting his forehead upon the wheel, Kev huffed out his question, very ill-timed. "At least I can't kill you!" He teased, eyes squinted as he reached out with one hand to reclaim the wheel. It wouldn't be good to drive for longer than a couple of moments with nobody steering! Palm still cupping the back of his head, it made for a convenient little cushion. Beneath the scales of his hand, the area that Fear's helmet hit continued to throb as the bump began to swell.

"L-lesson learned, though! I'll do a better job with the car..." In other words, no more front to bumper collisions. The Judge had always said that pain was a great teacher! Steering with only one hand now, his driving was rather wobbly. Still, the alien was determined. Squinting his eyes, Kev concentrated on a bright green car up ahead! As he came closer, the two of them could see colorful flowers painted on the shiny metal, giving this one a garden theme. Bright gold and vibrant crimson petals. Waiting until their cars were neck and neck, side by side, he jerked his wheel to the side. SLAM! As quick as they'd made contact, the alien jerked the wheel once again to steer them away from the car, giggling all the way. No more big, showboat efforts to smash other bumper cars! Little bumps were safer. Glancing over a shoulder, Kev suddenly asked. "How's your head?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:44 pm

Like a thick bag of manure and rough rocks, huh?

Judge Fear was not a happy camper. "Never sssay never," he grumbled. Knowing this infuriating world, Kev probably could end the Dark Judge's existence. Anyway... Back to the present that was Judge Fear's personal hell, the irritable undead felt a tinge of vindication; seeing the blossoming welt on the back of Kev's head was absolutely marvelous. He'll take his victories without complaint. As for all the sinners flitting around him, thinking themselves above judicial reproach? Badge or not, Kev didn't say anything about a little roughing up. People can live without a limb or two, right?

"How's your head?"

"It will feel better in a moment," he answered, distant. Ghostly eyes remained transfixed on the dodgem veering to their right. One sinner sat unsuspecting, undoubtedly enjoying their little ride. Tut, tut... The youngster should know better than to ignore their surroundings while at the steering wheel. How lucky, then, that Judge Fear was there to remind them. Just a little bit closer... A liiiiiiittle bit closeeeeer... Was the park attendant paying attention? No? Now! The superfiend waited until he saw the driver's whites of their eyes before giving the dodgem a vicious - WHAM! - bare-knuckled punch to its side paneling. Ooh, look at that ginormous dent! "And jussst like that, you're DEAD, punk! Pay attention next time!" hollered the Dark Judge. He was clearly enjoying himself, quietly hoping for the sinner to lose control and go flying right out of the ring. Was it too much to wish for gore and body chunks?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Hm? Kev glanced upwards in Fear's direction. "But I didn't say never!" Of course that'd fly over his head. As for the welt that Fear seemed to find satisfying? The throbs of pain were beginning to ebb, or at least the alien was becoming steadily numb to it. Their next little break would probably see Fear relaxing and Kev holding a bit of ice to the lump. At least it was on the back of his head rather than his face! He wouldn't want to mar the goods! They brought in the dough.

As for the status of Fear's face, the ghoul gave a rather cryptic answer. Aside from a questioning hum, Kev said little else as he focused on his steering and the other karts. He wasn't the only one paying attention to the other cars, a fact which he discovered only after hearing a rather loud WHAM directly to his right. It jerked the alien from his concentration, glancing in time to see the firm dent and hear Fear's victorious yell! Though the driver didn't fly out of the ring like the ghoul hoped, the youngster did lose control of their car as they'd been jostled by the punch. A high pitched screaming sounded from them as they spun out, taking a few other cars with them as if they were a line of dominoes! Only upon hitting the wall did the car stop, a couple other cars dotting the path between them and Kev and Fear's car. The 'punk' might not have been dead, but they were definitely spooked!

Despite himself, Kev couldn't help a little laugh at the sight of the 'wreck'. "Great job, Fear! It's too bad there's no reward for winning, or else we'd surely get a prize!" Between their car and Fear's fists, the other bumper cars were at their mercy! Spying another car ahead, Kev pointed it out to the Judge. "Oh, oh! Get this one too!" With a gleam in his eyes, he steered them in close to the other car's rear. This driver was more attentive than the last, already trying to outrun them.

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:38 am