Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Roller Coaster Of Love

Post by Fear on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Oh right, Kev's training... How quickly one forgets, though Judge Fear was not entirely witless. He let out a pensive hum, hissing, "That wasss an extenuating circumsssstance. Your sssoul required toughening up for our plansss to reach fruition; I asssk you, what isss three monthsss of chassstity to that of an eternity of righteousssnesss?" Never let it be said that sacrifice was an alien concept to the Dark Judge.

...Which, as fate would have it, was going to serve true in the next handful of minutes. What's this he felt bleeding into their line?

"Dissssappointment...?" Thunderstruck, the undead fiend struggled immensely to comprehend as to why Kev was just being so... so... so, well, difficult! There was surely no reason to be disappointed in yours truly, was there? After all, Judge Fear had only done the virtuous, noble thing - kill sinners with extreme prejudice! Alas... it was far from the ideal truth, and Kev's disappointment was by far worse than his previous agitation. "No thank you..." he eventually rasped, declining the alien's offer of a fresh, better tasting slushie. "I cannot rightfully enjoy flavoursss and you have already ssspent money for the cup currently in your handsss." In your disappointed hands, but there was no need to point it out. To make matters even worse (because they could certainly get no better, right?), Kev did his usual thing of feeling bad and trying to adopt a more understanding approach to an otherwise... er, immortally-stubborn problem.

"I know you didn't mean to shove me...you were just scared. Embarrassed. And maybe I talked down to you...I was just trying to calm you down. I was worried about you, Fear. I couldn't find you anywhere."

Argh, please, no! Anything but - !  

"And I know this is hard...you've been patient for me, so I should be patient with you too. I just...wanted to have a really good time here with you, and so far...it isn't exactly going our way, is it?"

A quiet - "Hnnnnngh..." - echoed from within the dumpster, hardened fingernails slowly raking against iron. How... How is it that one measly little alien could make him feel so positively rotten? The sincerity... The compassion... The love... It should be a crime! ...Wait, wasn't it?

Metal groaned and heavy chains rattled, the nauseating stench of corpse rot and a week's worth of amusement park garbage saturating the air. Out of the trash came the Dark Judge, his uniform heavily stained and the flies having several new reasons to annoyingly flit around his insufferable helmet. None of that mattered, however, as the lanky ghoul offered something shiny to Kev. A silvery metal reflected the afternoon sunlight brilliantly, its polished surfaced unmarred by Judge Fear's grotesque fingers. "Here," he urged. Not waiting for the alien to reject or stammer, that precious something rigidly found its way into Kev's shirt pocket and there it shall (hopefully) stay for the duration of their date. "I know it isss not much and I am not apologetic for purging thosssse sssinnersss, but... I am sssorry for being a right assss to you. Pleassse do not be dissssappointed with me."

Well, that bloody smarted...
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:44 am

Good point, good point... Suppose the Judge could resist his murdering ways for 3 months, as long as he knew that it would pay off. Going on a date was nice but it wasn't going to replace that urge to murder in quite the same way as the training had. "In the face of time, it is...nothing, yes." Kev agreed lightly, almost hesitant. For a moment, the alien waffled over whether or not to try and make a point regarding Fear being unable to go an hour without murdering someone. After a few scant moments of staring at the dumpster though, Kev decided to drop it. Along with the disappointment, he felt a little...well...defeated, too. Judge Fear's job came first, his brother came second and Kev? Kev would always come third. He went into this relationship knowing that. "Mm..."

Fear wrote:"Dissssappointment...?"

Kev's head snapped back up. "What?" Was Fear disappointed in him? Was it because he had hoped Fear would stop murdering people during the date? For a moment, his little green heart seemed to stutter at the thought that Fear might be disappointed in him...before it dawned on him. Fear spoke that word like a question, they had a mental connection and...Kev was the one feeling disappointed. "...Mmm..." A displeased little hum, and the alien stepped in place for a moment, like a horse waiting to run. Good job Kev, you made him feel bad with your mortal emotions! The scaly alien winced, and tried to peek inside the dumpster without opening it up. "N-no, if you really want a new slushy, I can get it for you! A better one like, cherry, and then you can experience the flavor through me!" He insisted, desperate to make the Judge feel better, even if it was through the use of a frozen drink.

An olive branch of sorts came next, the alien explaining how he had felt and trying to understand Fear in return. Neither of them had acted out of malice. They were, merely...different, in some respects. But, they had been through worse! All they had to do was talk it out -"Hnnnnngh..."-... What in the name of the Gods was that? Kev's head quirked at the dumpster, lifting off of it and stepping back warily. His eyes scanned it, confused at the sheer...noise, emanating from within! A pain groaning, sharp nails raking across metal... Was Fear trying to dig himself out? The top of the dumpster lifted, and Judge Fear crawled out, chains rattling and metal groaning in effort. A smell kicked up into the air, a mix of rot, decay, and pure garbage. Not just garbage but sun-baked garbage. A brief snort of disgust escaped him, and a hand flew to cover up his nostrils, before he caught sight of something shiny in Fear's large hand. He glanced down, and barely had enough time to soak up exactly what Fear was offering to him before it was swiftly deposited inside of his shirt pocket. Kev's hand moved to cover the pocket, lightly feeling the metal through the fabric and tracing the shape with his fingertips. Fear's badge...

Judge Fear wrote:"I know it isss not much and I am not apologetic for purging thosssse sssinnersss, but... I am sssorry for being a right assss to you. Pleassse do not be dissssappointed with me."

"..." Well...who was he to deny a repentant Judge's apology? Fingers traced the metal once more as he looked up into Fear's helm...which still had a knife sticking out of it. "I'll protect it with my life, Fear. I accept your apology...and I'm proud of you." Though the situation still stung, any residual stings were ebbed away by what Fear had done. The little alien felt like beaming, and giving Fear a rather large hug! Though, ehehe...for now at least he would pass. But he still looked up at Fear with a proud little shine in his eyes. Fear was willing to hand over his badge for a while...Kev was sincerely touched. Kev reached up to where the knife was still sticking out of Fear's helm with a small wince. Though, he did not yet grab it, fingers merely hovering near the handle. "So uh, we should...probably get that out of you, huh?" Here's hoping he didn't feel too much pain from that thing...

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:00 pm

And are you certain, dear Kev, that that was a point you wished to make? After all, you may not care much for the answer that awaited you...

"I'll protect it with my life, Fear. I accept your apology...and I'm proud of you."

A crystal-clear snort was Kev's reply. "Sssave your pride," Judge Fear hissed, unabashedly sour, "I am not sssome firssst year rookie, doe-eyed and needing of posssitive reinforcement. I gave you my badge asss a token of virtue; don't make me regret the gesssture." Sigh, if you even give so much as an ounce of goodwill to the alien... The knife jutting out of the Dark Judge's Stygian helmet was a welcome distraction, and he nonchalantly reached up to - squelch! - remove the tarnished blade without much fanfare, its withdrawal meaty and wet. Pain, what pain? He was a malevolent spirit inhabiting an animated corpse, remember? And corpses were just filled with nasty surprises; take the heavy, milk-curdling aroma that came with dislodging the knife from his gloomy face, for instance. Mm, mm... didn't that gooey rope of pus and dead fluids look positively appetizing? Perhaps not for the alien, but maybe for a curious park rat or two. The ghoul tossed the useless weapon aside and thought nothing more of its noisy clatter or existence from this moment forward.

"Cherry, Coca-Cola, that illogical flavour known asss Blue Rassspberry; Kev, do you not lisssten to what I sssay when I note time after time again that I cannot readily appreciate the living sssensssesss?" To wit, taste and touch. He closed his scuffed helm, metal protesting with a rigid groan, and absentmindedly wiped a few pieces of half-eaten carnival food off his sullied uniform. Just an average day on the job, alas. "Eat what you want, drink what you want - it'sss not like I can sssuddenly make headsss or tailsss of what your eyesss fancy. It would be an utter wassste to purchasssse another of thossse thingsss and not finisssh the one you currently have." And you know how he feels about waste, Kev.

If you were too good for a Coca-Cola and Blue Raspberry slush, then you were too good for the very air you breathed. That was nothing a good purge couldn't fix, isn't that right, friend? A murderous gleam twinkled in one of Judge Fear's ocularium. If only, if only...

Now, then. Daylight was burning and they needed to make the most of it.

One especially bloodstained fingernail pointed its hardened tip at one of the alien's other pockets. "The map," rasped the fiend. "Bring it out and let'sss sssee what elsssse you wisssh to sssuffer. I trussst you know my preferencesss by now, yesss?" That was a not-so-subtle hint, by the way...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 am

The point was not worth mentioning for several reasons, one of which being the answer he'd likely get from Fear. Another was that Kev had no idea how to even go about it. There was no proper point to make, merely wishful thinking. What was he gonna say, "you put off killing to help me train, the least you can do is not murder anyone on our date"? It was...distinctly unfair when he heard it like that. The point was moot anyway, as the two had managed to come to an understanding, with Judge Fear literally handing over his badge for the day!

Judge Fear wrote:"Sssave your pride,"

Though things were not exactly...sunshine and roses. The alien flinched at the sour tone, both arms pressing up against his own chest. He mouthlessly gawked up at the Judge with a wince. "Yes sir, of course." After the three months spent training with Fear, he found it very easy to slip back into 'cadet' mode. The hand that wasn't holding his cup of slush fell down to his side as his meek pose shifted to a more stern and stiff one. "You won't regret it, sir." If it weren't for the half-melted drink and the casual summer clothes, the Kryptonistanian would have looked like a proper cadet. After Kev had pointed the knife out, Fear was quick to do away with it. The noisy removal of it sent a shudder down his spine, eyes crinkling and wincing in disgust. His eyes were almost hypnotized on the gooey trail of fluids that ran from the knife to Fear's gaping helm. A nice...putrid green trail that one could perhaps mistake for snot. The alien held his breath, refusing to breath in for a moment as Fear's wound was...mmm, simply too fresh. The knife was tossed down, clattering onto the alley floor. What was a knife even doing in a haunted house anyway...

Kev respectfully turned his gaze away from the Judge as he shut his helm once more, and tried not to focus on just how...smelly his date had become due to this dumpster diving experience. Fresh air that wasn't from an alley would do them both some good... "Of course I listen; I just figured I would offer since you seemed interested in getting a taste through me. Might as well get your say, right...?" Especially if the other flavors had been disgusting to him... Alas, it seems Fear no longer wished to discuss buying another slushy, and now the alien felt rather guilty to have this thing in his hands. A tasty treat with none for Fear, and the flavors too disgusting for him to enjoy. Kev's shoulders slumped as he turned back to the Judge and nodded. "Don't worry, I won't waste it." As if to make this point, he clasped a fingertip over the top of his red straw before withdrawing it from the cup. Forearm stretched out, he steadily released the straw's contents over the emerald scales of his arm, making several lines down the length of it. The cool liquid settled on his scales before seeping through, with only a few bits of ice lingering on top to give him a shiver as it melted. The heat was really doing a number on this thing... The straw was set back into the cup with a soft plunk, Kev's full attention back onto Fear.

You know...now that he could actually see him in the light...it looked like there were markings on Fear's helm. They stood out, as the metal of Fear's helm was usually unmarred. It was a large, thick metal helmet, and it was usually kept in great shape! Shined, pampered... Now, it had several deep trenches going down the sides of it, digging into the iron. That couldn't have been the knife, right...? Before Kev could ponder anymore about the scratches, Fear reached a finger out to point at Kev's pockets. "Hm?" He glanced down, eyeing the sharp appendage. Particularly the stains, though his gaze turned thoughtful as he reached the talon... Shaking his head lightly, Kev reached into the directed pocket and unfolded the map of the park. "Right, right..." Frankly, the only thing Kev could think of that could meet Fear's standards was if they had some kind of...'killing booth'. Highly unlikely. His large eyes scanned the map, narrowing at the haunted house image before he scanned their surrounding area. Where were they in the first place...? The 'food' area from the looks of it, with many samples and kinds of food being sold at every little booth. Next to them was where Kev had gotten the slushy, a little shop that sold frozen treats, and just ahead he could see the top of the Ferris wheel. Bringing the map close to his face, he moved it until his nose centered over the top of an image of a shop titled 'The Frozen Treat Hut'. A quick glance to confirm the name, and Kev nodded to himself. His eyes roamed the map again before he folded it halfway, turning to look at Fear with his report.

"We're smack-dab in the food district, but there are a couple of rides close by. The Ferris wheel, bumper cars and..." The alien paused, inwardly debating for a moment. Was it too cheesy...? Cliche? A quick snort to himself, and Kev decided that he was at peace with 'cheesy'. "And the Tunnel of Love." Which of those sounded best?

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:38 am

Had the Dark Judge ever mentioned just how... odd it was, watching the alien go about eating as he did? It was dreadfully horrible stuff! No longer able to stomach the unsettling phenomenon any further, Judge Fear glanced away and bid the scene from his immediate sights. "Correction, I wasss interesssted," he hissed, holding up a hand. "But after the brain freeze and dissscovering that I am not too keen on thisss fictitioussss 'blue rassspberry' flavour, I've decided that all mannersss of ssslussshiesss are... not my cup of tea. Ssso sssorry, mate." Better luck next time, yeah?

"We're smack-dab in the food district, but there are a couple of rides close by. The Ferris wheel, bumper cars and..."

Ferris wheel and bumper cars, with an unspoken third...

Eh, what lackluster choices. The ghoul was hardly appeased by Kev's severe inability to pick interesting rides. "Heightsss? Fasssst-paced collisssionsss?" Judge Fear rasped, mildly incredulous. Perhaps good for a cheap thrill or two, but really? "I do not like any of - "

"And the Tunnel of Love."

"...I take that back. I don't like that one." And before the alien could even think to shrug and give some idiotic excuse that the Tunnel of Love was, indeed, a FUN ride, Kev had the map snatched out of his scaly mitts. "You give me the map thisss inssstant," he demanded. Really, Kev? Really!? After the terribly shameful display that was the so-called 'haunted house', you wanted to subject this miserable old codger to a woman's ride!? "Look at me," Judge Fear urged irately, "look at me! I am a bloody walking corpsssse, fully garbed in leather, chainsss, and all mannersss of unwelcome bitsss! I've ssshrunken headsss for bombsss! Mantrapsss for crussshing body partsss! A helmet that projectsss one'sss fearsss! I am a ssseven-and-a-half foot tall murdering machine, and you want me to go riding on sssome girly crap?" Kev-Mak-Tarr, either you were dropped on your head as a wee lad or you were just that dumb. Flustered, he straightened the map with a gruff flick of his wrists and snorted. "Sssurely there hassss to be sssomething that involvesss death, death, and more death. Why do they bloody call it an amusssement park if it isss not the leassst bit amusssing...?" Maybe he could, you know, locate a ride with faulty safety regulations and rusted handrails... That'd be good for a righteous shove, wouldn't it?

Now, if only he could actually read all the tiny font and understand the colourful pictures on this senseless piece of paper... Rotten cadavers and their useless eyes!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:35 am

"Well then, there you go. Now I have your say." There went that peace offering. Zip! Down the toilet, circling down the drain. Because of a brain freeze and a bad experience with a flavor. The Judge had just seemed...so eager and interested in getting a taste. To see him so indifferent now? "Mm...maybe we can find you some tea, later. Or a beer." Something alcoholic to have raise those spirits! This was a date, after all, and they were supposed to be having a good time! Hopefully the next attraction, whatever it was, would be better received...

Already, the Judge seemed quite unhappy to hear what ride possibilities there were. Strange, Kev had thought that dangling high up in the air with the threat of falling to their death might make Fear happy... Or the idea of ramming into other people in a bumper car! Alas, neither option tickled Fear's fancy, which left them with--

Judge Fear wrote:"...I take that back. I don't like that one."

Of course... Kev's gaze flattened. "Alright, then we don't have to-"

SNATCH

"Hey-!" Fear abruptly plucked the map from Kev, and his empty hand flexed in the air as if hoping to reclaim the missing paper. Nope! Still gone! As 'ordered', Kev looked at Fear though it wasn't with a pleased look in his eyes. The Judge ranted away, feeling that his own gloomy demeanor and the way he was dressed wasn't exactly Tunnel of Love material... Kev snorted. "The tunnel of love isn't girly! And, I didn't say you had to ride!" Yet on he continued, apparently knee deep in a conniption. The alien huffed and crossed his arms as he listened, watching as Fear apparently decided to look at the map for himself. "The only thing that would have had anything to do with death, was the haunted house! And I only told you the rides that were closest to us! If you want to find something scary, or to do with death on the map, then go ahead! Find a better ride, please! I beg of you Fear, find the right attraction for us to attend. Since I'm so bad at it!" Go on, then! Show off your skills! Read the map and find the perfect attraction!

Kev would stand here. And wait.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:41 am

And there went Kev, going from 0 to salty in record time. To spare himself the trouble and the irritation, Judge Fear simply tuned the alien out. He had mastered the technique by now. In any event, the map! The map that he just for the unlife of him couldn't read very well. Hmm... what were all these colourful little pictograms? Let's see... if this cartoonish garbage heap was anything to go by, that must be where they were currently. And beside the garbage heap was indeed a Ferris wheel, a bumper car track, and... ugh, that dreaded Tunnel of Love. His grotesque toenails curled just thinking about it. Seems the little bugger was right about there being nothing else around, save for the food court. Horrible, positively horrible...

"Since I'm so bad at it!"

What in the world was all that ruckus? Curious, Judge Fear bent the map backward at a crease, mildly astonished to discover a very irate-looking Kev glowering at yours truly. Gee, what got the alien's knackers in a twist, eh? Guess the fiend better get to the bottom of this or he'll never hear the end of it. "...Huh? Did you sssay sssomething?" Judge Fear asked, distracted. What was Kev so bad at?

Trick question; the answer was mostly everything. He didn't wait for Kev to reply, instead neatly folding up the map and handing it back.

"Alright, I'm done obsserving that ussselesss thing. What do you sssay we run sssome sssinnersss over with a game of dodgemsss, or drop them off the Ferrissssh wheel?" He oh so conveniently left out a certain other ride. No point addressing it further, because he was absolutely not stepping foot in there.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:07 am

Tap tap tap tap...

The alien tapped his foot, the sneakers making a muffled tap against the cement, as he stared back at the corpse with both hands upon his hips. Throughout Kev's entire spiel, the Judge had remained quiet. It wasn't as if Kev had been speaking to himself, the glances from the other visitors to the park were enough for Kev to realize that. Anybody in earshot, or in this case, 'mind'shot, wisely kept to themselves and stayed quiet. This was an altercation between the little turtle and his zombie friend, and everybody else was there to enjoy the park! Though one mother, an anthropomorphic kangaroo, gave the two a searing look as she hopped by them, paws clasped over the ears of a joey in her pouch. Kev didn't notice, his gaze fully set on the Judge and ready to hear his verdict.

"...Huh? Did you sssay sssomething?"

"..." The alien's stare became a squint. Had he--did he--he wasn't even listening?! Indignation roiled within him, and the alien pushed himself up to better match Fear's height, now standing on his tiptoes. Scales bristled as he gaze narrowed. Yoooou. Yooooooou. Yooooooou-! The alien huffed loudly, waving a hand at the corpse and tearing his gaze away to look at a food shack in the distance. "I did, but nevermind." Kev wasn't about to step up and continue to argue the fact that he was 'bad' at reading the map or something. His feet settled against the ground, shrinking back down to his usual height and letting out another annoyed huff. Well...suppose it wasn't surprising that Fear had completely tuned him out. It was still rather irksome though... He let out a tired sigh, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Dodgems sounds good to me...get in the car and bump into people. Should be fun." The Tunnel of Love was obviously off the table, and the Ferris Wheel was nice, yet...slow. In the end, the bumper cars seemed like the option Fear would appreciate more. Getting in a metal machine, bumping into people, sounded like it was right up his alley! The alien relaxed, looking back to Fear with a hopeful look in his big ole eyes. "Then, maybe we can see what other rides and attractions are further ahead." Maybe they could find more things Fear would better appreciate. In the end, that was all he had wanted; to have a good time with Fear at the amusement park.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:16 am

Zombie friend!? Them's fighting words, pal!

If Kev was hoping to make a dent in Judge Fear's thick noggin, well... hope the alien was used to munching on disappointment. Watching the alien get fussy and attempt his hand at intimidation was like observing a monochromatic peacock trying to land a mate; the ghoul just couldn't look away, that's how pathetic it was. "Oh no," he hissed, tone deadpan. "Pleassse, ssstop. You are giving my bunny ssslippersss sssuch a frighten. Whatever ssshall I do againssst one ssso terrifying?" Protip, Kev: you can't really spook someone who calls himself Judge Fear. It just... doesn't work. Anyway, after having suffered through the alien's scathing performance, the fiend was ready to move forward.

"If you're finissshed pouting and actually want to ride sssomething before the park closssesss, let'sss head off. Dodgemsss isss over yonder and I can hardly wait to run over a few kiddiesss, ha ha." Selfish and largely inconsiderate? Why yes, he was. You can't expect someone to behave perfectly on a date when they've spent over three centuries killing people, Kev!

But do give it a moment, because you just might be surprised...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Aw yes...disappointment. It was like a bitter elixir, one Kev frequently drank throughout his whole life. Thankfully, Kev's hopes of getting much of a reaction out of Fear were rather low. He didn't really want to intimidate the Judge... He'd just gotten a little upset. All he wanted was to have a good time. Hopes or no, it didn't really soothe the burn that the Judge landed with his sarcastic pleas for mercy. Shaking in his boots, Fear was! Truly... "Hmph." The alien's body turned sharply away from Fear, arms crossed over his chest as he focused on the side of one of the brick buildings instead. Large eyes took in every crack as he hissed back, "Well, for the sake of your bunny slippers, I'll stop being so terrifying." There was no winning with this man! No winning!

Fear's comment about the pouting elicited another irritated hiss. Kev's head turned sharply to connect with Fear's glowing ocularea. "I'm not pouting." The scaly alien protested. Pah, as if he were the one who kept stalling...! Keeping his not-mouth wisely shut, Kev nodded his head and began to lead the way for Fear. One hand reached for Fear's, grip tight so that the two would not get separated this time. Maybe if Fear got in a few good rams into the other drivers, he'd be in a better mood. The prospect was beginning to sound pretty attractive to Kev too...

Over yonder wasn't too far, the alien's pace consistent yet slow. Didn't want to yank his arm out or anything, right...? The two of them avoided the crowd for the most part, expertly evading any reason to bump into anyone or get caught up by stragglers on the walkway. Kev's eyes continually swept the area, scanning their surroundings until he finally found it. A helpful sign that read 'Bumper cars' directed the two of them to a building with a roof. The sides were open, aside from the barrier that kept stragglers from wandering out onto the 'road' of the car area. Inside, the track was wide and oval in shape, with bumper cars of every color and color combination waiting to be driven. A fenced in line wove around the front of the building, a sizable line in front of them. "I don't think it'll take too long..." Kev suggested to Fear with a light shrug. There looked to be about 20 cars, after all... And some of the people in line were parents with their kids, so they'd likely double up. Kev gave Fear's hand a squeeze as he lead the two of them to the line, finally releasing it as he stepped in place in the line. "You probably wanna ride separate cars, right? So you can ram into people all you like?" Be easier on Kev's neck that way.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:32 pm

"Well, for the sake of your bunny slippers, I'll stop being so terrifying."

"That'sss damn decent of you, blessss." Mm~! It was always a treat getting Kev all worked up.

But as already mentioned, they couldn't wait all day for Kev to get over his pouting. Oh, pardon the superfiend, protesting. Judge Fear's many eyes liberally rolled in their sockets. "Yesss, yesss... And I'm not dead. Get on with it, Kev! Do you want to enjoy a few more ridesss or not?" The alien wisely chose the latter, one of Kev's scaly hands gripping a nice leathery undead palm. Hope you didn't mind the otherworldly chill... One could almost say it was as cold as the grave, ha ha! Ahem... the bumper cars.

For the most part, Judge Fear behaved himself rather well. Thanks to Kev's expert weaving and common sense to not intermingle with most of the sinful folk plaguing the fairgrounds, the little bugger managed to avoid a great many headaches from the dumpster to their noisy destination. It was just as well. The helmeted ghoul easily towered over the population and seemed as if his head was in the clouds. So many sinners, so many distractions... Everything was all very, very daunting. But you'll keep him in good hands, won't you, Kev? Of course you will, because you were a mindful and not at all genocidal alien. They arrived at the bumper car ring in record time and without a single fuss. "...How come they are driving on the wrong ssside?"

Er, almost without a single fuss.

It should be stated that Judge Fear hadn't been behind the wheel of an automated vehicle since bloody well forever. His shifting was rusty, his foot was made of lead, and he would purposefully go out of his way to hit a couple of old ladies on their daily strolls. Traveling preachers were worth an extra ten points.

The sizeable line was nothing the superfiend felt concerned with, though he did stare down at Kev with a puzzled (if not hidden) expression. "Ssseparate carsss?" Oh no, you really done it now, Kev. A tinny snort came from yours truly, Judge Fear holding up a monstrous hand. "Don't be absssurd. Thisss isss a date, and datesss ride together. What, don't trussst my ssskillsss behind the wheel?" Your lack of faith was disturbing and somewhat offensive. "I'll have you know, Kev, that I passssed my traffic and vehicular training with flying coloursss. Ssshouldn't be too different from a bally electric car."

...Right?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:15 am

Damn decent, oh yes. As if to imply he was anything besides decent... At least this blessing didn't come about due to a sneeze. Kev could just about feel those disembodied eyeballs of Fear, rolling about within his iron helm. It took all of Kev's strength not to roll his eyes right back at him. "Of course I want to get on with it! The date's only just begun, after all." Well, sort of. Their first attraction had become a little...derailed. They were probably an hour into the date by now? But, as the alien had said, he wanted to get on with it. As a shiny badge now lay protectively within his shirt pocket, it was a sign that the date could only go up from here! The past was in the past.

Leading the way like a real take-charge guypal, he easily maneuvered through the crowd. Of course, he was used to moving alone. Having a tall corpse to drag along behind him made his speed a little...slow, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. Kev merely gave the large hand a squishy squeeze as he zigzagged through the herd of people. Conversation would be nice, yet it didn't seem quite so appealing at the moment. Today was supposed to be about the two of them, after all. Idle chitchat was one thing, but the alien was determined not to let their date grind to a halt so he could gossip. No siree! He was intent on getting to those bumper cars! And, as fate would have it, they found the attraction without any altercations.

"Hm? Wrong side?" Cocking his head, the alien stood up on his tiptoes to get a peek at the bumper cars that were in use. The air filled with the light, rubbery squealing of the bumper car bottoms scraping the 'road'. His dark blue eyes trailed their driving routes, shifting his gaze upon whichever car seemed to capture his attention first. "I dunno...doesn't really look like they're driving on any side at all." The scaly alien shrugged. While most seemed to be keeping with a certain direction for their driving, there were a few stragglers who drove in the complete opposite direction. And of course, you had the overwhelmed young teenager who was stuck in one spot as everybody and their mother seemed to bump their cars into him. The boy whined as he pingponged about in his seat, drawing a wince from Kev. Eesh...hope his car wouldn't get stuck like that...or perhaps that should be corrected to their car!

"They do?" The mouthless alien asked, honestly unaware of this little unwritten rule. He had never come here for a date, after all. So dates rode together... Kev gave a hearty sniff of his own, drawing himself a bit closer to the corpse as they took their place in line. "I trust you more than I trust myself! Keep in mind that I've only ever been in one of these...hm...maybe one time? Yeah, that sounds right. Compared to your training..." His free hand came up to pat Fear's chest. "I'm practically a novice. So, you'll drive and... I guess I can be the navigator."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:34 am

Pardon the superfiend (for his hearing was less than subpar), but did Kev say that their day was just beginning? If the colour in his face could have drained, it would have. This was going to be a long, long day... He quietly lamented his distressing circumstances with a moan and obediently followed after the alien.

To the bumper cars! Or, as known across the pond, dodgems!

It was a bloody noisy racket, dodgems. Squeaky wheels, plastic bashing into plastic, hectic and excited shouts of enjoyment and surprise... You know what it was missing? Bloodcurdling shrieks of the dying, that's what. Judge Fear turned to his scaly date and griped, "Never you mind. Explaining how to properly drive a car to you would be like trying to explain how an aeroplane achievesss lift." The helmeted ghoul may be a patient soul, but not that patient. He pointed a ghastly fingernail to one of the electric cars, noting the awfully cramped space. "Your vote of confidence isss touching, but methinksss we will not be able to rely on my driving ssskillsss. Look at the carsss, Kev - they're a rather tight sssqueeze." He then unceremoniously pointed to his scrawny, though wide, buttocks. "Now take a good look at my pantsss. Sssee thessse hipsss? Sssee thessse legsss? I know you will be jussst crussshed to hear thisss, but you'll have to sssit on my lap and drive. I'll handle the acceleration. Ssso sssorry, mate. " It was the only way. Judge Fear honestly would not comfortably fit if they both sat abreast in the car, nor would Kev enjoy being elbowed and bumped whenever the fiend made a tight turn.

"Ssshouldn't be too hard!" he perked up, delighted about something or other. Probably regarding death and dismemberment, no doubt. "Even if you are a terrible driver, I'm certain you can do plenty of damage in the ring. Jussst basssh into the other carsss and hope you kill sssomeone. How hard can that be?" Sounded like a piece of cake!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 05, 2016 2:07 am

The alien scoffed lightly, one fist settling itself atop his hip as narrowed eyes gazed up at Fear's helm. "Hey, those two aren't the same at all! Cars are much easier than airplanes! You hit the pedals, you move the wheel..." See? Kev wasn't entirely useless. Such encyclopedic knowledge... Truly, he was a force to be reckoned with. Following the pointed talon, Kev craned his head to better see the inside of the bumper cars. Those uh...did look really cramped... Perfect maybe for a small adult and a small child. But for an average sized scaly man and a tall, bony Dark Judge...? It made him all the more surprised that Fear insisted they share. At the odd request to look at Fear's hips and legs, his dark blue gaze redirected as told. The scaly man eyed those knobby and pointy hips, the bony legs that were almost the size of Kev's entire body length. Yeah, it'd be hard to cram that in...

"I know you will be jussst crussshed to hear thisss, but you'll have to sssit on my lap and drive. I'll handle the acceleration. Ssso sssorry, mate."

S-sit...on Fear's lap? SCANDALOUS! And yet, the very idea of sitting on the Judge's lap brought a strange warmth to the alien's cheeks. His palms came up to cover the blush in his cheeks, his face turned away so as to not give Fear the satisfaction of seeing Kev's flustered face. "Y-yeah yeah, I'm sorry too. I bet you're absolutely crushed as well, huh?" He could tell by the blase and casual attitude that Fear was horrified by the idea. Speaking logically, it did make sense to have the taller man sit in the seat, and to have the shorter alien sit on Fear's lap. Even better for the Judge's large feet and long legs to tap the pedals while Kev manned the steering wheel.

"Yeah, I guess we could make a fine driving team together. You control the speed, I control where we go. The last time I drove was in a race so...this is LIKE a race. Just...one where you ram your opponents!" Not so sure about the 'hoping he killed someone' part, but Kev let it slide. He did have the Judge's badge in his pocket, after all. The heat in his cheeks fading away, the alien allowed his hands to drop bak by his sides. "Not too hard at all!" What's the worse that can happen?

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu May 05, 2016 2:21 pm

"Hey, those two aren't the same at all! Cars are much easier than airplanes! You hit the pedals, you move the wheel..."

Such a sorry, pathetic excuse of a response. Judge Fear could only shake his head in disappointment. "Ssspoken like a true tree sssavage," he hissed. "I honessstly don't know what I expected." Something less primitive, maybe? Eh, perhaps that had been asking too much out of the alien. ...Hey, what was - ? Without rhyme or reason, the helmeted ghoul suddenly felt oddly... warm, just below where a normal set of eyes would rest. How extremely, extremely undesirable... and he hadn't the foggiest idea as to why. Hardened fingernails reflexively scratched against iron, the irritation exasperating. So was all this senseless bashing and clashing, to be honest. Oh how the inside of his helmet rang and rang...!

Scrtch, scrtch!

"I feel funny..." And not in a pleasant way, either.

Even odder still was the way Kev turned his face away, as if guilty, both scaly cheeks hidden beneath his hands. Well, the alien was probably nervous about how wretchedly abhorrent his driving skills were. That was most likely it. "I am not crussshed, no." Sarcasm was at times lost upon the aloof undead. And Kev was in a race? Otherworldly eyes no longer found it interesting to observe all the sinners zipping by.

"What a mildly terrifying disssassster that mussst have been!" remarked the superfiend, his laughter curt. "Tell me, did you die? I think you died. But if you didn't die, you ssshould have." Always a ray of confidence, that Judge Fear.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:14 pm