Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

A letter from the heart

Post by Sonia on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:16 pm

Time: 6:30 AM
    Date: April 1st 2015

A letter was left discreetly at the doorstep of the cottage, no further surveillance was taken, no more looks given to the house. It was simply left.

Spoiler:

Hi Kev,

Wow, so, writing this letter turned out to be much harder than I was wanting it to be. I mean, I knew it would be hard but I didn't think that it'd be this hard. I was honestly hoping to be able to convey sincerity and put down my feelings for you in a way that was only at least semi awkward. I just feel that instead this is all going down awkward. I'm trying to put forth all these ideas and words but it's all just jumbled.

But if I don't at least get this done then I might not ever send it to you and I do want to send it to you, even if it is awkward.

I'm in a better place now, like how you hoped I would be. Things changed. I changed. In a good way, so don't worry too much about that.

I hope that you're doing better to, wherever you are. I hope that your training is going well and that you're taking care of yourself.

I also just wanted to say that I'm sorry, for everything that I put us through, and that I'm glad even when we parted you still believed in me and wanted me to get better. I just wanted you to know that even with everything that's happened I still love you Kev, and that I want you to be happy because you're my friend.

I hope to see you soon,

Sonia
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A letter from the heart

Post by Kev on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:07 am

Time: 2000
    Date: April 1st, 0006

It had been a day as any other, or at least as the last week and a half had been. By now, the odd change in pattern for his training was like second nature. No longer did it feel strange to face down his mental traumas by himself, no longer did it feel awkward to walk himself through the spiritual advice. Another day had come and went, the days were beginning to pick up speed, and now it was his hour of leisure. But...before the hour could properly start, Kev's instructor delivered onto him, a letter. For a moment, the alien had been left flabbergasted. He stared up at Fear, not comprehending. What was this...? He flipped the envelope over in his hands, noticing that the letter had already been opened. He pulled the paper out, squinting as he unfolded it. The paper smelled like Fear's brand of corpse scent, and a light mist emanated from the paper. Now that he looked, the envelope seemed to have some mist too...well, there went any doubt that Fear had already read this. The alien briefly glanced up at the Judge, as if 'judging' him for snooping.

No matter though. Kev focused on the paper instead. The moment his eyes found Sonia's name at the very bottom, he remembered. Sonia had promised to write to him, should he be gone for too long. The alien's large eyes skimmed the letter before he moved to the couch in the living room, plopping himself down upon it and finding the manilla folder where he had last placed it during his reading. Paper and a pen was withdrawn, readying them before Kev made himself comfortable to read over Sonia's letter in more detail. It started hesitantly, almost scared. Perhaps of his judgement, or reaction. Or, just her own feelings. She was unsure how to start it off and how to say anything. Once Sonia got into the crux of the letter though, she found her footing. She gave an update, informing Kev that she had changed, bettering herself for the future. She urged him not to worry about how she had changed, and inquired about his training and how he was doing. Next was an apology for how things had gone, and an affirmation of their friendship. Sonia expressed great interest in seeing him again, and still considered him a good friend.

Once he had finished reading, the alien leaned back into the couch, placing the letter and his own hand over the center of his chest, eyes becoming glossy for a moment. Livewire had been his only connection to the outside world for so long, both literally and figuratively, and now...now he had another tie to the world outside of his cottage. Questions buzzed inside of his skull for a moment. How had Sonia changed? What had she done? How were the lobsters? Did she feel sick anymore? How was Zurg? How was Jo? Was Livewire as happy out there in the real world as she was when she was here on Sundays? How was Miss Lunette and her tavern? How was everyone in the Inn? The Hyruleans? Kev entertained the questions for but a moment before he waved them away. Sonia would not have all the answers and there was no use badgering her with a mountain of questions. She would just become overwhelmed. Sitting upright again, Kev grasped for his empty piece of paper, and placed the pen down upon it.

Spoiler:
    Dear Sonia,

I'm very glad to hear from you. I'm even happier to hear that you are in a better place. I wish I could be there myself to see it. Even though it's just a letter, I can tell by reading it that you sound...better. I'm proud of you, Sonia. I can't wait to see how much you've changed. I have also changed and like you, it's in a good way.

I'm doing good! I've finally left behind a lot of the past. I've finally worked past everything that used to hurt so much and come through it feeling better and more complete. My training is going well. I've been living off the land, and sleeping primarily in the tree branches. It reminds me of home. I had an owl that wanted to stick with me for a few weeks, his name was Blathers. I didn't like him at first, but then I warmed up to him. Eventually he flew off, back to his owl life. At first, being out here was a struggle, especially with all of the animals out here. Now however, I'm practically a native. I check up on the cottage frequently though, even though Marvin can handle the animals I don't want to leave him alone with them for too long. They're always very happy to see me, and I'm happy to see them. I've just been enjoying the freedom of nature, and meditating underneath the branches of the trees. I feel lighter, now. I'm better. I have no regrets. But...I do miss you and my other friends. Please, give my regards to everyone, and let them know I'm thinking about them.

I forgive you Sonia, and I do apologize that I couldn't be the man you needed. Despite that though, I'm proud to say that you are my friend, and I believe in you. I believed that you can get through this, and you proved me right. And that makes me so relieved. I love you too, Sonia. You are my friend, and you will always be my friend. Also, don't worry about your letter being awkward. It was awkward for me to find all of the right words too, so don't worry. I look forward to hearing from you again! I'll make more frequent trips to the cottage to catch your letters.

See you soon,

Kev.

The pen came down to rest on top of the coffee table. The white lies sprinkled in about his training, almost made him feel guilty. But, Sonia could not know that Fear was here. It may just set her back from her current path, placing her back onto square one. It was for the better that Sonia not be informed of what he had been through to get to this point, how low he had become and how close he came to giving up. In the end, Kev had thrown in kernels of truth and kept to the spirit of what he was going through. Perhaps...she deserved the truth, but the truth was something she could not have. For now, this was the best option. Folding his letter, Kev approached Fear and handed it over. The Judge would go on to inform Kev that any further messaging would be monitored, and Kev nodded his head with a "Yes sir." Fear could see it all through Kev's eyes anyway, and he had to make sure the alien would not let anything slip. The letter was finished, placed aside to be mailed later, and the alien enjoyed the rest of his leisure hour. It almost seemed to be a sign of good times ahead. They would simply have to wait and see.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 am