Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Home for a TAC

Post by Link64 on Sun May 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Tael recalled hearing about his older sister's previous encounter with Xiao, and although he felt a little sheepish about her retroactive angry reaction, he did appreciate the lesson she had given the squirrel demon. He was still a little wary of being hugged though, and that was given even more justification as the yaojing's arms shot forward. Tael jolted and chimed in alarm, but thankfully, no sooner had Xiao taken hold of him than had she eased up. Letting out a silent sigh of relief, he soon tensed slightly at the sudden nuzzling he was receiving. Okay, this wasn't so bad… but… wow, Xiao was even more into displays of platonic affection than Neri was!

Laughing softly at the exchange between Meta Knight and Xiao, and again at Cozu's note about enjoying some food soon, Link was especially glad to be able to help him get a room so quickly. It was great to be able to find a place to settle down, and having the chance for free meals only added to that comfort! "You're just in time for lunch, then. Food is available almost all day, but no matter what kind of food you're getting, I can promise that it's all delicious." And since the TAC was so small, he would be able to make even better use of some of the portions they had in the dining hall.

As soon as Cozu had signed the new room form, Link took it and checked that everything was in order. With a firm nod to himself, he offered the cardkey to the TAC, stating, "All right, you're all set! Here's your room key; to find it, you can get to the fourth floor either by way of the stairs or elevator, just around that doorway there. And the dining area is just past them around around the next corner. I hope you enjoy your stay here!"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue May 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Was that Sir Knight’s way of giving her full permission to hug him unannounced from now on? Xiao stopped nuzzling her cheek on the fairy and gave the masked puffball a very, very, very happy beam. So happy a beam that it would come to no surprise whatsoever if you suddenly see flowers and hearts sprouting out of her hair and ears. Xiao Xiao loves her knight friend soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchie! He is the bestest, bestie, bestest-est, most best and very best knight friend.

And when your bestest, bestie, best-something-something-she-forgot-the-sequence friend advise you to be careful about your habits of hugging adorable people and things before asking for permission, a squirrel darn well with a cherry cupcake listened. She nodded and made not one mental sticky note, but THREE mental sticky notes to remember in the future. She had yet to get into trouble from her random hugs; in fact, it was the other way round, where people got in trouble with HER when they hug HER randomly.

“Can I join for lunch?” she asked, first to her very cute friends from the world of Dreamland, then she asked the questions again to the fairy in her hand. “Can I?”

No wait, Tael wasn’t the innkeeper. Xiao turned her gaze at the young boy behind the counter. “How do I lunch here if I’m not a member? Can I go out, buy my own food and bring it in to eat here?”

Though honestly, she wanted to nosy on the quality of food served at the inn.
    Cozu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Cozu on Wed May 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Cozu's fingers let go of the pen, laying it on the counter. "...Thank you for the room, Link. I greatly appreciate it." After grabbing his keycard and popping it into his sack, he turned around and saw a huuuuuuge grin on the squirrel's face. What was she so happy about? Was it about Meta Knight? Just... how long had Meta Knight been here? He seemed to know alot about this world. Maybe, just maybe, he'd break the ice with him during lunch and ask him. "I think I'll take the stairs. I haven't made proper use of my hands in quite some time."

Cozu shifted his gaze to Meta Knight. He said that he would join him. To Cozu, that was pretty awesome. "Really? That'd be nice!" Xiao Xiao had popped the question of joining them. "I don't see why you can't! Company is always nice." ...Company. More or less, he needed to make new friends, since all of his were... uh... gone. Ordead. Hopefully, they had escaped somewhere else. He really hoped Turbine and Vulcan were okay. Just thinking about it made him feel sick.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Fri May 08, 2015 11:29 am

Sir Meta Knight cocked an eyebrow beneath his mask at the look Xiao Xiao gave him--he hoped she hadn't misinterpreted anything he'd said. Moreover, he very much hoped she hadn't been off daydreaming and missed his warning; he hated to see her get hurt due to her over-enthusiasm and shows of platonic affection.

He turned his attention back to the TAC for a moment. "We can wait for you down here, Cozu, unless you would like some of us to accompany you to your room." He wasn't sure there was any real need to do so--the layout was simple enough--unless the TAC was nervous about going alone.

At Xiao Xiao's request and Cozu's answer, Meta Knight looked toward Link. "I believe it would be up to the innkeeper to determine that..." he said. He knew they would work something out, but it was better to ask first.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu May 14, 2015 1:44 am

"You're welcome," said Link, nodding to Cozu at his thanks. "I'm just glad you were able to find your way here. If you ever need any help, feel free to ask the older Link - the innkeeper, myself, or any other staff member. If we're not at the desk, he's in room 321, and I'm in 423."

Link perked up slightly at Xiao's question about joining the others for lunch, just before Tael chimed in confusion as she directed her question to him. Once she moved to direct her question to the Hero of Time instead, the Terminian fairy took his chance to wriggle out of the yaojing's grasp and fly up much higher, hoping that she had been satisfied for her hugs for now. She had at the very least been gentle, and that much he appreciated, but he had started to feel even more shy than usual!

"No, you can eat here," noted Link, chuckling a little at Xiao's idea about going out to get herself some food. Nodding to Meta Knight at his own glance to him, Link glanced back to the squirrel demon, adding, "Just make sure you're with Sir Meta Knight and Cozu; they'll need to let the staff know you're with them, and then you can join them. That's all there is to it."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu May 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Tael escaped her grasp and Xiao wriggled her fingers, briefly wondering if it would be very rude to catch him to continue the hugging. It should hopefully come to Taels’ comfort that she didn’t. The yaojing had to firmly remind herself that the fairy was not an eyebat from the Palace of Winds and was not used to her gleeful manhandling or hugging, tackling, squishing and snatching out of the air.

She let the fairy go and brightened very muchly at the prospect of being able to eat here with her friends. Hooray!

“Wait, free? But I’m not a tenant. Are you sure?” she asked, wanting to move and peek into the dining area to see whether, in the event food was not free, she could afford it or not. She just about stopped herself from nosying, instead opting to take a step to stand behind her knightly friend so as to join him in his wait for Cozu.

“We’ll wait here,”
    she said then turned to the innkeeper and his fairy companion. “Do you want to join us for food as well Mr. Link and Fairy?”

Because Xiao Xiao really, really, really want to know if fairies eat and how they eat.
    Cozu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Cozu on Thu May 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Rooms 321 and 432. Cozu would keep a mental note in his mind that those were helpful rooms. "Okay, I'll make sure to keep those rooms in check if I ever need assistance." The TAC turned to face Meta Knight and Xiao Xiao, ears twitching in different directions.

"I'll... uh, well... I'll go up by myself. I have a few things I'd like to think about. Then I'll come back downstairs and join you guys for some food." The thought that had been traveling around the TAC's mind wouldn't leave him alone, so pondering the question to himself alone for a few seconds just might help.

With that being said, the TAC began his climb up the steps. "It's a good thing my hands aren't attached!" He wiggled his right hand, and tossed it to the last step on the floor, being pulled to the landing.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed May 27, 2015 7:45 pm

"Well, there is your answer," Sir Meta Knight said with a glance to Xiao-Xiao. "It would be nice of you to accompany us to lunch." And, he thought, it would be nice to have some lunch, period. Though he had much more self-control than others, he was a puffball, and required quite a lot of food, and was getting rather hungry.

When Cozu announced that he would find his room himself, he nodded. "Go ahead. We will head in to lunch when you are ready."

He managed to keep himself from giving a start at what the TAC did next, but it still surprised him. It had been over a year since he'd seen a TAC, and he'd almost forgotten how their limbs worked. It was how they were such skilled thieves, of course--being able to grab things from a distance like that.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:13 pm

As Cozu confirmed that he would make sure to remember both Link and Link's room numbers, the Hero of Time smiled to the TAC, hoping that he would be able to settle in without too much trouble, if any.

"Yes, I'm sure," said Link, nodding to Xiao with a smile. "We have plenty of food prepared, and it's not uncommon for tenants to bring their friends in for meals sometimes. So long as it's just a couple or so and not a large number, then it's perfectly fine." Although the dining hall did not have a bouncer per se, they did have a very attentive kitchen staff. A couple of people allowed along with a tenant was more than allowable, but if they ever attempted to take advantage of the system, the staff was not afraid to put their foot down on the rules… Rosa especially.

Once the three determined that Cozu would head on up to his room by himself, Link perked up at Xiao's invite to join them. Waving his hands a bit before shaking his head, he stated, "Thanks, but I'm already meeting my friends for lunch soon. I'll be headed up for that as soon as I make sure everything's set at the desk." He certainly appreciated the kind invite, just as Tael did, but his mouth was starting to water the more he thought about the impending meal of a nice, creamy stew.

Although Link could not see the TAC's manual feat given his angle behind the desk, he did raise his eyebrows at what he said. His… hands weren't attached?! Well, they didn't look too attached when he had been signing the new room form, but still… that was definitely interesting.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Hooray she could eat here! Boo, Mr. Link wasn’t joining them. She wanted to know what fairies eat and how they eat as well! Then maybe she could bring food that fairies could like and Miss. Tatl would be on friendlier terms with her, and then she could have fairy best friends. Xiao Xiao tried not to pout and was then thankfully distracted by Cozu making his way up the stairs.

Did he just…. yes, he just threw…..er…. huh?

I think it would be perfectly expected to say that Xiao would of course not expect arms to be detachable. Also needless to say, the squirrel would witness such an ability with the most dramatically stunned expression ever. Yupsie, that was all correct. Xiao Xiao’s jaw dropped, she stared with eyes as wide as saucers and her mind pretty much couldn’t figure out exactly how to react afterwards.

On a normal day, the panic section of her mind would be rushing forward and the TAC would find himself scooped up and rush to the hospital faster as fast as Xiao’s legs and magic could carry her. But today, the panic team did take a bit of time to digest the situation: one, Cozu himself said it was a ‘good thing’ so it must be something natural to him. Two, neither Sir Knight nor LInk charged forward with a first aid box and considering how calm minded they were in comparison to herself, then things must truly be fine?

Nonetheless, Xiao watched the TAC go on ahead. The moment he was out of earshot, she tugged the ends of a certain knight’s cape, pointed up the stairs and asked worriedly, “That IS normal, right? I didn’t just imagine that, right? I mean, I have a pretty good imagination but I’d never imagine somebody to have unconnected limbs.”
    Cozu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Cozu on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Cozu continued up the steps, tossing his hand to the top of each of the landings and pulling himself until he got to the fourth floor. "Okay, 426... my new home. The TAC popped his cardkey out of his sack, and tossed his hand up to the door, opening it in no time flat.

"...Uh... these chairs and stuff are really huge..." The TAC, being so small, felt like the room was gigantic. He obviously had alot of living space, that was for sure. But... it felt kinda empty. Feelings of living alone for the very first time were coming in, and he shut his eyes. "Guh... Looks like I have quite the responsibility now of keeping my home clean." He hopped up onto the couch, and took a gander out the window.

"Woah... this is a huge city... but I don't have time to stare, I have delicious food to eat! I hope the tomatoes are good... And with that, Cozu put his cardkey back, walked back outside, shut the door, and began his walk down.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:39 pm

Sir Meta Knight gave a very quiet huff of a laugh at Xiao Xiao's reaction to Cozu's throwing his hand across the room. "Yes, that is normal for his species," he answered. "Some Dreamlanders' limbs work that way." He almost went on to mention that TACs were a race of thieves and that that particular ability was useful for their skill, but thought better of it--he didn't want Link to worry about things around the inn getting stolen.

Another thought occurred to him, and he adjusted his cape in such a way that his arms were plainly seen. "Not all of us are built like that, of course," he added, just in case Xiao Xiao got the idea to grab him and look him over to see if his own hands were attached.

When Cozu came back down the stairs, Meta Knight nodded to him. "I assume we are ready, then?" Remembering what Link said about joining some other friends for lunch, he looked back at him. "Thank you for helping us. I hope you have an enjoyable lunch."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:51 am

Link smiled a little at the exchange regarding Cozu's unique body structure and unattached hands, just before he moved to work up updating a couple of things behind the desk to reflect the addition of their latest resident at the inn. Although Sir Meta Knight did not mention the fact that TACs were thieves, not unlike most of the Gerudo themselves, Link likely would not have worried too much. Between his own experience with the Gerudo, the excellent security at the Stock Pot Inn, and Impa's watchful nature, he doubted that anything would be able to be stolen here, or at the very least, stolen for long.

"Whoa…" Tael was still rather intrigued by what he had caught of it, but the Terminian fairy did not duck around the desk to get a better look. He was perfectly content to stick close to Link regardless of the fact that they were about to head upstairs to meet up with the others for lunch.

Link and Tael were still at the desk some minutes later once Cozu returned, the two of them having had a better chance to visit with Meta Knight and Xiao. He was just working on filing away some final things when the TAC was set to go get some food, and he could not help but smile broadly at the masked warrior's note. "Of course! I'm always happy to help. And thanks, I hope you all do as well!"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:34 pm

When her little Sir Knight move in such a way to ensure his hands were in full view, Xiao cannot help but wonder if she was just that easy to read or her friend knew her well, Xiao cannot decide which one it was and just settled for both. Thankfully, she didn’t grab the Dreamlander’s hands, instead, she carefully took them, then lifted them slightly to peer under. Yups, still joined on him. She tugged them lightly, Yes, very attached.

Thinking of it, if his hands were detachable, Xiao Xiao was sure he would have used it in combat against her that time they had sparred together.

Very soon, Cozu came back down and Xiao waved a welcome back. She instantly exploded into a flurry of curious question that were begging to be asked apparently. “How was the room? Was it cosy? Is it nice? Are you going to decorate it? HOW would you decorate it? Are there anything in particular you need? We could take a trip to the mall. I’m sure Sir Knight knows where to find furniture that might resemble those from your world, right, Sir Knight?”

Then, realising that they are now heading off for food and would be leaving the other Link. Xiao turned and waved. “Thank you Mr. Link and fairy! I hope you have a nice lunch too!”

Still remaining in human form, she started ushering the two Dreamlanders towards the dining area where a delicious variety of smells was coming from.
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Post by Universal NPC on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:41 pm

“No, no, bring that to the kitchen. Don’t bring it to me. And tell Komatsu that people are going through the fries even faster than usual today,” ordered Rosa, the head waitress of the establishment. She half patted, half pushed a new waiter in the direction of the kitchen, assigned another server to clear a table and then started returning to her usual station by the entrance of the room. Before she got that far, she saw very well WHO was coming towards their direction and she immediately caught the arm of another member of staff heading towards the kitchen.

“Tell Komatsu that a certain round and winged knight is here,” she whispered to the server, then paused as she looked towards the approaching trio again. “And that he has a friend that is just as round as him.”

They don’t know where they put it, especially for those like Meta Knight, who looked so deceptively small, but Stock Pot Inn kitchen staff had gotten very used to the above average to insane food consumption some of their tenants have. Even their own boss had a stomach that seemed capable of fitting more food in than an average human. And now, it looked like they would have another great eater joining the ‘Give Komatsu a heads up to cook things faster and, if possible, bigger’ List.

Then the waitress approached the trio entering the room. “Afternoon, Mr Knight,” she said, still finding it difficult to add ‘Sir’ anywhere near the Dreamlander’s name without sounding like she was sliding in some sort of mockery in there.

She looked at the other round customer. “You found somebody else from your world? Hello. Would you be staying with us as well?”

Then, Rosa leant a hand on a table and her other hand on her hip as she regarded the third person in the party.

”I see you yourself a lady friend as well~” she teased.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 am