Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Re: Across the Briny Waves

Post by Cailia Hallow on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:26 am

Fae were fickle folk in their baser natures, at the best of times though at the worst of times they were every curseword under the Sun and then some. So with all the new curios and musics did keep most busy though many more turned their gazes to the mainland in hopes for more exciting things. Dodinas on the other hand thought that the motorized Icebox was by far the most fascinating innovation thus far. It was like a small winter to keep things from perishing or spoiling before you could enjoy it. Something like that sounded utterly delightful for the summer months, to combat the blistering sun and the sweltering heat.

"Agreed, though for the far younger folk, I would say. Time passes as causing a storm no longer seems as fun as it did the year before, or the decade or even the century. I suppose that is simply life suggesting a different wind to follow." Getting old wasn't exactly 'fun', but immortal beings did it a little better than most and fae had a knack for getting good at hobbies. Usually. The previous conversation on mischief proved what happened when fae got bored.

Bowing slightly, Dodinas gave his respects before speaking. "If you would prefer to traverse the rest of the way on your own, the way is clear. You may also prefer it, if you'd like to collect your thoughts." Until he made his choice, the ice fae would standby just in case Prixlezub decided against on making the last leg of the journey on his own.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:33 pm

"Agreed, though for the far younger folk, I would say. Time passes as causing a storm no longer seems as fun as it did the year before, or the decade or even the century. I suppose that is simply life suggesting a different wind to follow."

The prince gave a subtle nod of his robust head at Dodinas' insight. As the centuries went by, steadily rolling into millenia before the massive demon's many eyes, so too did he witness numerous civilizations grow, change, die and reincarnate themselves under new names. New leaders and doctrines to lead them with only a generational lineage to bridge between the old and new. Whether it be the Material Plane or Portal Breach, this was nothing but a natural cycle that presented itself in nearly every mortal realm. "Yes, and this plane especially promotes these winds of change. Just as time passes, only time will dictate where the younger fae shall end up should they continue to follow it." He mused, smoke curling from his toothy maw.

However, this would be the end of Dodinas' service for now. With the way ahead being clear, there was little to suggest it were actually an illusion. Should it have been the case, he was certain the icy fae would have been wise enough to tell him otherwise. "I believe I shall, Dodinas. Thank you for your assistance." He replied respectfully, carefully stepping around the smaller creature as he made his way to the path ahead. "Enjoy the rest of your afternoon nap." Prixlezub added looking back and giving the fae a polite nod, using his horns to nudge aside the pine trees as he made his way forward.

The few meters that kept him from the cobbled road were eaten away with his long strides, and with a dull thunder of his feet meeting the road and a hiss of snow vaporizing at his touch, the demon prince found himself upon the path the ice fae had directed him to. No longer needing to carefully follow his tiny guide, the prince's stride carried itself from a brisk walk to a purposeful trot, sharp hooves and talons snapping upon the cobbled road like the sound a boulder made when it was briskly ruptured in two. Ahead he could already detect the life signatures that hurried about within the castle, essences, fine materials and the scent of burning wood whipped into his grill by the icy breeze. To him they smelled as strongly as they would should a human be standing inside the towering structure. It would only take a few moments for him to reach Queen Cailia's castle, and from there attend his rather unexpected meeting with her highness.

Only fitting, given her addition to the affairs regarding the lake demon were equally unforeseen.
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:33 pm

"All too true, it could be worse. Change isn't always as bad as it is made out to be. Perhaps in smaller doses . Part of the joy of being young is being able to change so rapidly. Sometimes it can be something to envy." It was sort of pleasant to have a conversation such as this, it gave Dodinas some food for thought before the promise of returning to napping in the snow once more. "If you wish it, it was of no problem. Feel free to talk a walk around the Island when you conclude your business. Winter is far more beautiful than Summer here. Thank you for the enjoyable conversation." The ice fae gave a low bow before turning and walking back the way they had come, following the path back to his ideal sleeping spot.

The Caste loomed in the distance against the backdrop of a greyed sky and covered with snow and the path was cleared of snow for the most part to allow easier walking for ground bound folks. There were no longer whispers of observing fae who had moved on quickly after deciding it was better not to lurk about lest they cause a disaster. After a few moments time after reaching the castle and passing through the enormous stone arches there was only one creature outside waiting to receive the Prince. She like Dodinas was a being of the winter court. Standing taller than a human man, her limbs were thin and deceptively fragile looking. When drawing closer, she remained unbothered by Prixlezub's heat or stature. Offering a polite bow she looked up to the demon and spoke up to him. "Good Day, Prince Prixlezub. I am here to show you to the desired meeting place, I hope your walk here was without any disturbances?" One could never be too sure that some Fae wouldn't get it in their mind to do something stupid to seem gutsy.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Change isn't always so bad... Indeed, there was much to be gained from change, especially when it turned out in one's favor. Though there were some things that never changed no matter how much everything around them did. Forces beyond the reach of impact by lesser creatures and their quarrels, inherent systems shared within universes. It paid to exist outside the finite, mortality. For though one could call a change new or unseen, history always ran in cycles, everything held a pattern that inevitably played itself out.

But this was beyond their idle chat, matters that dear Dodinas need not worry himself with. "Indeed, winter is very lovely on this island. It is a pity my duties require my presence elsewhere after this visit, else I may have taken up the opportunity." The demon rumbled, before giving his farewell. He had always been partial to the snow and ice, despite his fiery nature. It was something about the stillness, the deep, dead silence that washed over a land when the winter set in. It was incredibly tranquil, and the prince could not help but savor the season-long slumber that everything seemed to take.

Ahead Prixlezub could already make out the castle that loomed ahead, nearly blending into the landscape from how much snow burdened it. However, his grill picked up scents that no mere ridge of stone or hillock should posses. burning wood, the smell of food being prepared within the kitchen as the stoves expelled smoke out into the air. Among the mingle of inviting aromas was that of the numerous fae that scurried about the halls, faint yet tickling within his grill openings as he drew nearer and the wind turned in his favor. Flames crackled and snapped across his neck and tail as he plodded on, fiery talons and equally hellish hooves melting aside any snow that managed to linger upon the stone pathway, though they somehow managed to cease their destructive aura from venturing onto the intricate brickwork itself. It did not take long for his thundering footsteps to make it to the castle, and the prince's six eyes glanced up to venture a look at the gargoyles he had witnessed during his earlier stay upon New Avalon.

As he neared the archways, his head ducked down, leveling with his powerful chest as he slowed to a pondering walk towards the entrance. Silently he considered himself thankful that he arrived in the winter, and not during the spring or summer when flags were set out to flutter in the warm breeze. Though as he grew nearer, he found himself faced with a willowy looking winter fae waiting right outside. His talons came to a halt a few feet away from the greeter, who was decidedly female upon speaking.

"Greetings, miss." He replied respectfully, the rumble of his voice maade the snow at her feet shudder and her innards quake with its resonance. "The journey to your highness' castle was indeed uneventful, aside from some pleasant conversation." His tail swayed idly behind him, wind whistling around the edge of the massive blade that tipped it. Though its length never grew too close to the architecture that arched over them both.

Hm, so she was to be his guide. For a moment the prince's brow quirked slightly, but a year ago he had taken to the halls himself during his short reign as regent. How amusing that it is now he who must be lead about its halls as a visitor.

"I appreciate her majesty's gesture. Do lead on, though I am curious; where is it that we will be meeting?" He added, awaiting her movement before he followed on behind her, keeping his head bowed to prevent the accidental ignition of anything that could be hanging down from the ceiling, along with keeping his horns from scraping the ceiling of the entrance. though, given the prince's own size and the relative space the castle provided, he could only assume that perhaps he would be lead to the courtyard for their meeting or the main hall. Both had been suitable for receiving his towering form in the past.
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:13 am

The fae's crystalline skin glittered in the light flickering from prixlezub and from the torches nearby, coming to stand still as a statue before the guest. She bowed her head before speaking once more. "I am glad to hear that you were able to make your way without a problem and that your companion proved to be favorable. Many are not so forgiving to the nature of fae, but thankfully they have not done wrong by you."  All one could hope was that someone wasn't stupid enough to try something at this point. But that was not as important as finishing the assignment placed upon her by the Queen.

"You've hardly come to hear me talk though, I would be honored to lead you to the meeting hall. As for the location, it is the outside hall used for Winter festivities. It was felt though you would appreciate a breathable location to meet." The fae turned to the gates which groaned and ground open as the forced weight of them pulled apart quickly allowing the guide and prixlezub to enter after a few seconds. Taking even measured steps forward into the front courtyard, she took a right heading towards  a side series of gardens. "The walk won't be too long to arrive, it is a matter of a walk down an outer hall, simple as the directions would have been to give, it would have been in poor manners to simple not guide you. We like to take pride in being proper." It wasn't long before they both were before a curling arch decorated with twist and curling ice motifs. Stepping to the side, she bowed once more. "The Queen awaits within, it was an honor to be of service to you." Not much for conversation but completely useful at least.

Past the arch, set up at a small chair and table and wrapped in a thick shawl staring off somewhere in thought was the Queen of Avalon herself. When approached she'd turn to the approaching demon with a grin on her face. "Well Hoi, it's been a long while hasn't it, Prixlezub? So what has you out here in the winter? Couldn't be just to see me could it?"  Of course no one crossed the sea just for giggles but it was a nice thought to think that people did things just to see her, but really no. So she'd hear the large demon out because he did trek all this way after all.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:14 am

"Indeed." The prince agreed. Although he doubted that the mischievous fae would think to cross him given his history upon their island, but there would always be a fool or two who could prove him wrong. Every nation, no matter who sensible they may seem, tended to have a village idiot lingering within their numbers.

A plume of smoke curled from his grill openings as he followed the winter fae, silently listening as she told him where they would be meeting. So Queen Cailia had chosen they meet in the outside hall, one that was usually dedicated to festivities. It certainly sounded large enough, though the demon prince held no doubts that she would make the proper accommodations for his form. "A good choice. I am certain it will be comfortable." He rumbled, assured. The demon had been within the castle walls in the past long enough to know, after all. Regardless, he appreciated the time taken to give him a guide to their meeting place, it was a polite gesture any good ruler, or host, would make.

"Oh yes, I am well aware of Avalon's method of hospitality." He replied, a smile worming its way into his voice. Looking ahead though the arch, the demon's many eyes observed the gardens that they would be speaking in. Just as illustrious as he remembered them to be, even more so with the ice that had curled over the archway in splendid motifs. Although he could not help but notice a desk and a chair sitting out in the middle of it all. That must be where Cailia was waiting for him. He paused as the fae stopped next to the archway, looking down at her as she spoke once again. "Very well, thank you for guiding me here." He politely said once she was finished.

Now all that was left to do was speak to the Queen.

Fiery talons and hooves stepped forward, his stride measured as he came to stand before the Queen's table. His eyes remained upon the curvaceous woman and the prince's usually loftily held crown ducked low in a polite bow. As was customary in greeting someone of a higher rank. "Greetings, Your majesty." He thrummed, bringing his visage back up to his usual towering posture. Although he found it bold the Queen was grinning considering what had occurred in Lochlann, there were far more important matters to address and he was not so foolish as to waste a journey to remove himself from the Queen's good graces. "Alas, I have not come for a pleasure visit. Certainly you remember the matter that is the demon of Lochlann, and the possible threat it poses. I remember your castle has a sizable library, and I have traveled here to humbly ask if I may use it for research purposes. The section on magics particularly has my interest in the way of learning wards and sealing magics that could be effective in containing the creature, and protecting what we hold dear should containment fail." Prixlezub explained evenly.
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 am

"I am glad, it is not often we are graced with vistors. Hopefully you enjoy your stay." There was the slightest hint of pride in her voice, if only because her pride in Avalon. Nodding with the smallest laugh tinkling out while she stepped aside to allow Prixlezub adquate space to move. "You are welcome, thank you, Lord Prixlezub." With a final bow she awaited the demon to enter the space before ghosting off to other things.

Cailia looked up from the papers spread out on the desk, carefully wrapped up in thick cloths and even a fur. She would have risen to meet him but currently she was kind of chilly at the time. "Hello, Prixlezub. Always good to see you." She forgot how toasty Prixlezub looked, what a lucky thing to be made of fire and whatever else. Settling back and shifting papers aside with a slight grimace with certain memories of Lochlann flitted across her mind's eye. "I do...unfortunately." The Queen of Avalon did not care much for remembering or even thinking that place existed. But when you were privvy to the events first hand there wasn't much to do.

So he wanted the reserve of knowledge that was Avalon's library. Steepling her fingers underneath her chin, Cailia hummed thoughtfully. "You can of course, I don't doubt you'd find something useful in there. Avalon is a lot of old, old magic."
    The hybrid sighed and moved to rub her temples for a moment before sitting back up. "Demons are bad but this one is the worst I've seen. And I've seen a looot. But it would probably best to start as soon as possible. Better to start first than it move first."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 04, 2016 8:07 am

Out in the cold, surrounded by snow covered topiaries, was her majesty, buried under something just as pale as winter's icy cloak, but not nearly as cold. Although Prixlezub's angular features remained their usual stern, unreadable expression, beneath it the prince could not help but wonder what brought the Queen to look over paperwork in the middle of her garden instead of merely setting it aside until his audience with her was completed. His fiery mane crackled in the icy breeze as he watched her look up from the paperwork she was busy with to address him, albeit it was the second time he was greeted. Her earlier joviality also immediately left her features, reflecting the chill that surrounded them both.

Alas, the weight of the crown was a taxing one when dealing with fae folk.

He pushed the small detail aside, paltry and insignificant compared to the reason behind his visit. The Queen's chilly discomfort  soured to a grimace at the mention of Lochlann, perhaps for how plans went awry regarding the undead that had been sent to visit the demon's lair, or her first visit to the town's corrupted streets. Given how events with Bloodscream and the Dark Judge had gone when when the impromptu plan had come to light, likely she was scowling over the latter instead of the former.

His six eyes watched as her fingers came to steeple beneath her chin, the monarch's response given after a thoughtful hum. Her permission was given, and the woman rubbed her temples before going a little further. Indeed, this demon was one of the more threatening ones that had come to the gamma. "Thank you, your majesty." Prixlezub rumbled respectfully. "Yes, it would be best if I act before it makes its move. The moment it steps out of its village, I doubt many places will be safe from its reach, both on land... Or sea." Which included Cailia's island and all the subjects upon it, if he knew how most devils tended to conduct their motives.

All or nothing was a preferred goal, especially with the ambitious, warring types. Either they claimed everything, or upon failing to do so, everyone was left with nothing.

"Is the library in the same place that I remember it, or shall I require a guide to lead me to its doors?" The prince asked after a small moment to let his earlier statement sink in. As with many things regarding the fae, it was best to ask if something remained stationary on a place that was ever changing.

Literally.
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:01 am

Cailia still managed to feel surprise at formal greetings. It seemed...odd to her still. Probably because despite all the dreams of one day being the one to bear a crown she had no idea how it truly felt sometimes. At least she was a good actress when it came down to it.

"No need for that. But I can't agree more. It isn't going to settle for one thing. I saw what it did there, I don't really want to see what it does here or on the mainland proper." Cailia sighed and leaned back in her chair to look to the sky for a few moments. "It's a mess, didn't need to be this way but not really much use thinking about it now." She would have rather not have had this threat arise so soon, but that was the breaks unfortunately.

Nodding up to Prixlezub, she gave a half smile at the notion of the castle rearranging. She'd probably die if the castle kept changing, that'd be too much to remember each day. "No guide needed, it's still in the same place. If you need anything just ask and someone can bring it  to you." Rising from her seat with a small groan and dusting her shoulders off the hybrid hummed to herself. "Personally, I'd say seal it to something but I don't know how strong it really is, or where it really is. I'm hopeful that the library will offer quite a few options. We'll have to see what will be best. Till then I wish you good luck, Prixlezub." Heavens knew they needed some at this point.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:52 pm

The breaks indeed.

"That is all the more reason to make preparations, your highness." Prixlezub rumbled, his many eyes resting attentively upon the Queen and her shroud of furs. To not think about it, to let it merely be and wait for it's plans to come to fruition... That was a losing strategy to the demon prince. Already the towering fiery demon had a few ideas as to a distraction, but as for what would actually work to keep it occupied, that was yet to be seen.

For now, there was the one reason he had come here. Research and analysis, along with insight into a proper warding spell. There were a number of places that would benefit from it, Cailia's island included. He would have assumed her staff to have already started work on protective counter measures for a looming threat such as the Lochlann demon, but from the way things looked from her work space, perhaps it would be wrong to jump to conclusions so soon. Thankfully, it seemed the castle still was in the same shape as it was when he had stayed in it for those few months that he was Avalon's regent, as she assured he would not need a guide.

"I see, thank you, your highness." He replied respectfully. Before he could make a parting bow and make his way to the library, however, Cailia stood with a groan and dusted her shoulders. A seal? "I have an idea of where it may be in the village, but you are correct in that we are uncertain as to how powerful this demon in particular is. Perhaps a seal shall work, but a protective ward for what we hold dear is a top priority, a safe guard in case any attempts to contain the creature fail. Thank you, your highness, for allowing me usage of your library." The demon bowed finally, his pointed crown nearly touching the ground before he rose back to his full height.

He backed away carefully, staying on the path that lead him to the garden in the first place, before slowly turning. His tail and the massive blade fixed upon it moved with expert care not to accidentally lop off any of the snow-laden bushes or topiaries, much less the Queen's own head. Then, he made his way back into the depths of the castle, and from there to the library to do his research. Perhaps it would take a few hours, or a few days to a number of weeks... It remained to be seen.

However long it took, the outcome would be just as valuable.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:22 am