Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nascence [Week 7 - 9]

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:58 pm

"Mm... You are welcome, cadet." It seemed more and more that Kev was coming to terms with his existence and of the events surrounding it. Good, very good. And indeed, it would be useless. How do you stop what does not live? "A ussselessss, futile battle; no matter how the wind howlsss, the mountain cannot bow to it." The inevitably of those nukes dropping was a matter of 'when', not 'if'. And the sooner Kev realized this and ceased his needless struggling, the sooner he could spring into action and make a difference. Or, at least, attempt. The future was an enigmatic mystery that neither of them were privy to. "I will hold you to it," rasped Judge Fear. You will do this, cadet, or you will die trying. In any event, the present.

Kev's mind was not as turbulent as before, though the alien still had his fair share of doubts. Best to promptly be rid of them, but first... "I have an exercissse for you," the Dark Judge hissed. No doubt the alien was going to have a very disagreeable reaction, but... eh. Judge Fear would be largely unmoved either way. He crossed his arms and asked, "How do you feel about temporarily taking care of another pet?"
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:10 pm

A useless, futile battle indeed. Though the alien couldn't help but tilt his head to the side when Judge Fear spoke again, this time with a saying that was downright poetic. Not to mention factual, mountains didn't move for anyone. Judge Fear was a mountain and he wasn't going to bow to any wind! "That's beautiful, sir. Did you think that up yourself?" With that big ole thunking noggin? The Judge's pledge to hold Kev to his word was a little...intimidating. It meant Kev really couldn't give up, not without either massively disappointing the ghoul or getting a good slap across the skull for giving up when he swore not to. "Alright, sir."

Hm? An exercise? A new one? Kev leaned in curiously, brows raised up. "Temporarily...taking in another pet?" Well, at least it was temporary...but to add another animal on top of all the critters already living here? Hm, sounded like Judge Fear wasn't asking permission. Just how Kev would 'feel' about it. "Well uh...I guess so long as it is temporary, I feel...alright with taking in another pet? As long as it isn't too troublesome..." If Judge Fear brought in some sort of giant tiger that was going to try and eat the sheep...

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 pm

"Maybe," was the ambiguous response. After centuries of observing the known universe and learning many things along the way, memories had the tendency of running together. Did the Dark Judge come up with the saying on the spot? Did the Dark Judge know of it from somewhere? It was hard to say and not entirely relevant to Kev's training. Now, then... the temporary pet. Kev was going to hate this, boy. "Dependsss on your definition of troublesssome," Judge Fear hissed. If the alien meant anxiety-inducing, perhaps not. But if the alien meant 'covered in feathers and making noise well into the night', maybe. Only one way to find out! One of his lanky arms outstretched, an unheard summon carried itself through the forest and everything grew still...

Screeeeech!

Suddenly, the beating of wings! A mottled arrangement of muted browns and dull greys flapped into the picture, hooked talons latching onto Judge Fear's leathers. You know what this is, don't you, Kev? "Good afternoon, my friend. Did you have a ressstful sssleep?" There was none other than an owl perched upon the ghoul's arm, sleepy-eyed and lethargic. It softly hooted once, head bobbing up and down. The daylight was most unkind.

"Mm, fret not," rasped Judge Fear. "You will not sssuffer for much longer. Ah, ssspeaking of which..." Ghostly eyes yet again fixated upon the alien. "Thisss, cadet, isss Blathersss. Blathersss, thisss isss the cadet I've already told you about. He will be overssseeing your health for the next three weeksss." Oops~! Guess the alien needed a little update, didn't he? "Right, then. For your next exercissse, cadet, I want you to coexissst with Blathersss from now until the 23rd of March. You are to feed him, groom for him, and keep him sssafe within your room; yesss, he will sssleep with you. You are alssso to ensssure that no harm comesss to Blathersss. Ssshould anything happen to thisss owl, I will flunk you. Isss thisss underssstood, cadet?" Hey, it's not the ghoul's fault that you had this irrational phobia of owls.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Judge Fear's vagueness was a little...worrying. What were you up to...? The alien narrowed his eyes at the corpse, confusion only growing when Judge Fear suddenly held an arm out to the side. Eh? What...what was he doing? A sudden screech ripped through the air, the alien jerking at the noise and looking around to find the cause of it. Wings beat as something flew through the air, a creature latching itself onto the Judge's arm. The alien was calm, though slightly startled, though that didn't last long. He took in the sight of the creature that had attached itself to the Judge's arm. Brown and grey feathers...taloned feet...big ole eyes...the alien drew back and let out a displeased hiss, eyes narrowed and trained on the owl.

Judge Fear spoke to the owl kindly, asking it how it's sleep went and the thing bobbed up and down, hooting. Blathers?! Judge Fear named it, and he named it Blathers? Even worse, Kev was going to take care of this thing for three whole weeks? The alien's gaze flattened as the instructor finally saw fit to explain the situation, arms crossed over his chest. "Am I going to be given instructions on how to feed and groom him, sir? Or do I just figure it out as I go along?" He asked with an even tone. Nnn...he had to take care of this owl. He had to groom it and its feathers. He had to give it food. And it had to sleep with him?! Oh, and he had to protect him too. No harm was to come to precious Blathers. If anything, anything at all happened, Kev would flunk.

"It is understood, sir." Kev paused for a moment before he went on. "But why an owl? And why now? Why does it count so much towards me failing or not, sir? And what if it steals my soul while I'm sleeping? Does he really need to sleep with me? Only the dogs and the cat are allowed in my bed..." No owls allowed in the bed!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Yep! He sure did name it Blathers. Wasn't that such a darling name?

"Nah," the fiend answered. A nasty fingernail gently scratched beneath the owl's chin, Blathers loving the attention. Just listen to the way he cooed and stretched for more~! Any animal that disturbed Kev on a personal level was A-OK in the Dark Judge's book. "You know how to take care of animalsss, cadet. An owl isss no different." Besides, it wasn't as if Blathers was a domesticated creature. He could hunt just as well as he could pester Kev each and every single night.

"But why an owl? And why now? Why does it count so much towards me failing or not, sir?"

Whatever happened to keeping a little mystery, huh? If the alien was expecting some profound answer out of Judge Fear, he was going to be sorely disappointed. "Sssimple: you've got a fear of owlsss," he hissed. Like, duh. And the ghoul wouldn't rightfully be Judge Fear if he didn't have Kev coping with one, would he? It wasn't rocket science. "And why not now, cadet? Now isss asss good a time asss any." What would it have mattered if you oversaw Blathers during week one or week five? Of course, that wouldn't be a good enough reason for Kev. Never was, so the undead fiend threw the alien a bone. "You are in a better ssstate to handle sssuch a resssponsssibility. If I had made thisss demand sssooner, would you necessssarily have been more readily accepting?" You knew the answer, cadet. But still the alien continued to gripe, now inquiring as to why taking care of something so measly as a forest owl would be enough to fail him entirely. As with before, the ghoul's answer was just as succinct.

"Becaussse you are an adult and I have expectactionsss." High expectations, yes. Judge Fear wouldn't deny that. However, expectations or not, Kev ought to be able to manage this simple enough task. The alien was to be conscientious, diligent. By now taking care of an owl was no different than lifting a pair of weights or waking up every morning with a desire to persevere. In this, cadet, failing you for neglecting Blathers was the same as failing you for anything else thus far.

"And what if it steals my soul while I'm sleeping? Does he really need to sleep with me? Only the dogs and the cat are allowed in my bed..."

Sigh.

Dozens of pulsating eyes rolled in their sockets, the Dark Judge beyond disinterested at the moment. There were times... There were times, oh yes, that he very much wanted to throttle Kev. He'll sadly have to make do with Blathers, alas. With an encouraging click and a light jostle of his arm, Judge Fear sent the owl forward. Forward, to flap noisily to a perturbed Kev and therein rest on the alien's scaly shoulder. Don't move too much, cadet. Owls have very sharp talons, eh wot?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Oh Gods, listen to it. It sounded like a pigeon, with that cooing. The Judge scratched beneath its feathered chin and the owl stretched into it. If he didn't dislike owls, this might actually be adorable. Alas, he was not fond of owls, and so such an inane and sweet action was suddenly really offensive. Ugh. Look at that owl. With its beaked face. That jerk. "I know how to take care of reptiles and mammals, sir. I've never taken care of a bird. How would I go about grooming it? Just...pick at the feathers?" Feathers didn't exactly look like they could be combed.

So Judge Fear was doing this because Kev had a fear of owls. Kev was grateful that Fear chose that phobia over the bear one, he'd hate to take care of a bear...but he still wasn't exactly eager for this. It was easy to think Judge Fear chose an owl for giggles, and there was probably some level of 'giggles' involved. However, he understood what the Judge was implying. Kev needed to get over this fear, and the Judge was going to make him take care of an owl in order to do it. Ugh...at least it was a small one, nowhere near the size of a Kikiri, and the coloration wasn't similar at all. Maybe...he could stomach this. This was temporary! Impermanent! Three weeks of taking care of this owl, and then it would leave. Yes. Good. As for the Judge's timing, Fear figured that timing didn't really matter much, though he also added that Kev was in a better place to take care of the owl. "No sir, I probably wouldn't have been as...accepting." The first week, maybe...but any time after that and before the most recent weeks, the alien would have pitched a much bigger fit. A giant one that might have made the Judge toss aside their agreement in lieu of wrapping those giant hands around Kev's throat. ...Or just something that would have earned him a lot of demerits, either one.

And, lastly, the alien was an adult and Judge Fear had his expectations. "Yes, sir. I understand." There was no getting out of this. This was going to happen, and the sooner he accepted it, the sooner he could start taking care of this owl and sleeping with it in his room. The sooner it could get out of his cottage. By this point, the Judge seemed annoyed by Kev's questions. Fear might not be able to make proper facial expressions, but the alien could tell his body language by now. With a click, the owl suddenly left Judge Fear's arm, and all Kev could see were a pair of wings. He let out a squeaking noise and shrank back, falling backwards onto his bruuka and holding up both arms to keep it away from scratching his eyes out and absorbing his soul! No soul sucking nor eye gouging ensued, only the strange sensation of something gripping onto his shoulder. The talons poked through his sweater, the alien slowly lowering his arms and opening his eyes. His head turned, eyeing the owl that was right next to his face, unable to suppress a shudder at it being so close. Gyuuuh...!

"A-alright, sir. I will take care of dear...Blathers. H-he will not die under my watch sir." His eyes centered squarely on the Judge, trying not to look at the owl now. He could practically feel the feathers brushing against his scales, and those talons...he'd have to start wearing bulkier clothes that would make those things seem less sharp. "How is your head, sir? You seemed a bit tired after you did that psychic surgery on me." There, a subject change! Something that wasn't Blathers. Dear, dear Blathers...

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:31 pm

"Cadet, I am a ssspirit inhabiting a corpssse and I've been undead for centuriesss. Why are you asssking me?" Gee, Kev! It's not like you can't ask Livewire to bring you back a book from the library or anything, because that would just be ridiculous. But sure. Go ahead and ask a genocidal spook currently renting a cadaver about how to baby-sit Blathers. "Didn't the femalesss of your kind lay eggsss?" Judge Fear piped up. This was going somewhere and it was going somewhere no good. "Birdsss lay eggsss too, ssso you're already off to a great ssstart." Ha ha, rotten asshole. Seriously though, Kev... Grooming an owl was nothing like brain surgery; just stroke Blathers, whisper sweet nothings, and make him feel appreciated. Kinda like you, right? You and owls had so much in common! Anyway...

Insert sissy Kev noise of absolute fright here.

Music to the ghoul's ears, ah~! "Ha ha ha... My headache isss doing much better, thanksss for asssking." If only because seeing the alien figuratively shit himself was incredibly amusing. "Relax, cadet, relax. It'sss jussst an owl. Be grateful that I didn't keep the bear," he hissed. And yes, Judge Fear had found a bear to subjugate. Wonder where that sluggish thing lumbered off to...? Mm, probably a good idea to padlock the barn at night.

"And for the record," the fiend continued, "owlsss do not sssteal sssoulsss. That'sss right sssilly talk. Jussst becaussse you had a negative interaction with an owl once doesssn't make them demonic creaturesss of the night. You want to complain about sssomething owl-like and terrifying, go out into the foressst and find the Flatwoodsss Monssster. Or, hell, the Mothman." Big baby... getting worked up over something so pathetic as an owl. You know what? Let's give Kev something to really get worked up over. "Blathersss!" he rasped, demanding the bird's attention. "Blathersss, mate. Ssshow the cadet the trick I taught you. Go on, don't be ssshy. He'sss the sssoftessst critic there isss." This'll be good, watch.

Blathers, bless his feathery soul, was far too tired and out of sorts to really be charismatic. Nevertheless, the owl's mind was responsive to the Dark Judge's prodding and Blathers idly stretched. Here it comes!

Hyuuurk! Wheeze, wheez! HyuuuuUUUURRRK!

After much fanfare and straining on the owl's end, a wet and moist pellet dangled from Blathers' beak. An owl pellet, to be precise. It plopped right into Kev's awaiting hands with a gentle squish, bony skulls and various undigested furs staring up at him. "Aw... I think he likesss you, cadet." Impending Kev rage in three, two...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:34 pm

"Well, you seem to know just about everything else I've ever had to know, sir. You are practically my go-to man." Want some information about weed and its relation to grass? Go to Judge Fear. Wanna know fancy poetic poems? Go to Judge Fear. Proper tea etiquette? Judge Fear. Seeing how the corpse was giving Kev this exercise and trying to judge him for it, surely he knew something about caring for an owl. How else could he judge how Kev did? "They do, yes." Females laid the eggs, this was true. Where was he going with this? Kev arched a brow at Judge Fear. "...For starters, bird eggs are usually hard, right? My kind lay leathery eggs." The only comparison, flawed.

And how nice it was that Judge Fear's headache was gone, cured by Kev's fear of owls. Listen to that unrepentant chuckle! Then again, Kev was the cause of that headache in the first place...Kev crossed his arms even more, arms stiffening across his chest. "I'm tryin-wait. You had a bear?" He gave him a look, deeply concerned and a little disturbed. How was a bear supposed to sleep in Kev's room?! Whatever. The alien shrugged to himself and focused on breathing. Deep breathes, in a nice cycle of in and out. Balanced. He'd calmed himself in time to hear the Judge insist that owls don't steal souls.

"It's a legend. Like how humans think cats will smother babies. And you never know sir, the Kikiri might actually steal souls. There's always some truth to legends." And why else would Owls look so similar to the Kikiri, if not because they were some odd, 'similar' species. Which meant if the Kikiri could steal souls...so could they. "And it was a pretty bad negative experience, Sir! Full of bombs! A-and a Pretty Pink Princess outfit! And suicidal orphans!" The owl thing coming down to attack his head was just the cherry on top of that poop sundae of a day. The alien's arms drew closer to his own chest as the Judge listed off owl-like creatures that were apparently even more monstrous. "Flatwoods monster? Mothman?"

Suddenly, Fear called out to the owl, asking it to do a trick of some kind. Kev's brow arched, and he turned to the owl perched on his shoulder. "Uh...alright..." Come then, Blathers. Show Kev this amazing trick. The owl stretched its head out, and proceeded to make only the worst, most ghastly of noises. Sick and squelching, almost like he were choking! "...Is he dying? Is this a test?" Was he supposed to be performing CPR? Because they were going to run into a few problems there...something suddenly slid out of the owl's mouth, and on reflex he reached out to grab whatever came out, reeling back when whatever landed in his gloved palm squished. He peered down, staring. What was...it was some sort of furry mound? Or something...was this what the owl was choking on? Wait...were those...?!

"AAAEEEEIIIII!" With a shrill shriek, Kev chucked the skeletal and furry object away and shook his hands in disgust. "Ew ew ew ew ew!" A few more moments of flailing in the air and the alien turned to face Fear directly. "What kind of trick was that, sir?! That was disgusting! Did Blathers throw up on me?! Why would you ask for him to do that?!" That was dirty!

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Kev, you cheeky little... "I only know ssso much becaussse I take time out of my busssy day to read," the fiend grunted. You could do the same thing, cadet. There's no excuse for ignorance with a library that big. When the alien pointed out that his kind laid leathery eggs as opposed to hard eggs, Judge Fear dismissed Kev's criticism with as much tact as one would expect. "Sssame thing," he hissed. "They come out of a cloaca and that'sss good enough for me. And yesss, I had found a bear. A real brute, too. It would have never fit through the doorsss, however, ssso I had to sssettle for Blathersss." Honestly, why did the alien sound so surprised? This was Judge Fear, after all. Phenomenal otherworldly power and lacking just a dollop of common sense. But, aha, not enough for Kev to pull the wool over his many eyes...

"Legendsss are often fictitiousss, exaggerated accountsss of a plausssible truth. Note, cadet, that 'plausssible' doesss not alwaysss mean unquessstionable fact. It isss a likely account with room for reasssonable doubt, thereby sssubject to relative, and oftentimesss unreliable, interpretation." TL;DR: owls do not steal souls and cats do not steal babies' breaths. And it was a 'negative experience' his rotten buttocks! Who do you think you were fooling, huh? A scathing glare was sent the alien's way as the Dark Judge relentlessly continued his biting scrutiny of Kev's illogical thinking. Wasn't really hard, considering... "Enough of that melodrama," he demanded, mildly irate. "It wasssn't jussst the owl and you know it, cadet. You thought ssso yourssself: a cherry on top of that poop sssundae of a day. I won't be having any of your hyperbolesss thisss afternoon." Bombs? A pink dress? ...Suicide orphans? That was literally nothing. Nothing! Keep it up, Kev, and the ghoul was going to give you something to gripe about.

Let's see you embellish your way out of shoveling animal feces with a spoon for the next five hours! Actually, hold on... It'll be any second now before Blathers does his -

"AAAEEEEIIIII!"

Delicious. Positively delicious.

Up went the alien's arms and away flew Blathers, the owl perching upon the helm of one smug Judge Fear. "Come now, cadet. Don't be sssuch a poor sssport," he hissed sweetly. "Owlsss regurgitate what they cannot digessst. Get usssed to thisss, becaussse Blathersss isss not going to miraculousssly begin digesssting bonesss and fursss any time sssoon." Fun stuff, right? Tired and not at all having appreciated Kev's outrageous behaviour, the poor owl was beyond drained. It let out a soft - "Hoot..." - and would very much like to rest before sunset. Which, conveniently enough, would be quite soon...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:35 pm

"I read too, sir. You've just had the advantage of having 300 years to read. I've had about...5 years, almost?" He'd done most of the reading he had ever done in his life in that first year, probably because he lived in the city for a while. The first 6 months of his stay here, in fact! Arius didn't have much in the Church to hold his attention anyways, so the alien had gotten a few books to read. The library had been pretty useful for learning about culture as well. Speaking of culture, listen to that description. Cloaca. Yeaurgh. "Mhm." Kev's kind and owls were as similar as humans and rhinoceros. After all, both of those were mammals and carried their baby inside of them. Totally the same. "In that case, I'm very grateful we have Blathers instead of a bear..." A big brute...hmph. The big ole brute better not come to this meadow in search of lamb-chops.

Goodness, Fear really did not like the idea that owls may steal souls. Perhaps the Judge didn't want to think that Blathers may take Kev's soul before he ever had the chance! Alas, the alien had to agree, grumbling and arms locking to form the tightest arm cross he had ever created. "Okay, okay...soul stealing owls are not very plausible, and technically I shouldn't even care since we're planning to rip my soul out and temporarily house it inside of you." Even if an owl could yank his very soul out and consume it, maybe the inside of an owl wasn't too bad. At least, compared to what Judge Fear's insides were like. Kev raised a brow at the glare, soon narrowing his eyes. "Melodrama, sir?" That wasn't melodrama! "Pink is not my color, that dress looked hideous on me! Especially the cone hat." Oh yeah, and the bombs were pretty bad too. Mostly because Metro Man had to use laser vision to destroy a bomb that was surgically implanted inside of Kev's scales. No big deal though. Still, Judge Fear's patience was dwindling for some reason. He wasn't the one being forced to house an owl and take care of it, and then getting laughed at for being nervous of the owl. "Alright sir, no more hyperboles from me." Didn't want to get any demerits, today had been a really good day, all things considered.

Kev's flailing and screaming managed to startle away the owl, who roosted on Judge Fear instead. There was a plus. Not so plus-worthy was the Judge's smugness or tone. A quick biology lesson later and Kev gave that lump a glare, wherever the darned thing had landed. So owls didn't poop? They just threw up everything after they digested it? Okey dokey then. "Of course, sir. My mistake, sir. That was a great trick, sir." Kev was hardly pleased, shoulders hiking up and making the alien look like a retreating turtle. His eyes were half-lidded, and his tone even. "I apologize for disturbing Blathers with my freaking out, sir." Just a few more hours and Kev could really make sure that the Judge 'made up' for that trick.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Kev has only been reading for five years...? Well, the fiend really shouldn't be gobsmacked; scaly bugger wasn't exactly the most learned individual. Take, for instance, the alien's silly belief that owls sucked the souls out of their victims. "Melodrama," repeated Judge Fear, tone level. Suck it up, buttercup! Wearing a pink dress and having suicide orphans would be the least of Kev's worries once those nukes kissed the earth. But, should everything go according to plan and Portal Breach was thoroughly rid of its living populace, the alien may join the rest of his iniquitous companions in death... Here's hoping, right?

"Alright sir, no more hyperboles from me."

"Of course, sir. My mistake, sir. That was a great trick, sir."

"I apologize for disturbing Blathers with my freaking out, sir."

"That'sss what I like to hear." Even if the alien was perturbed with both the owl and his instructor, he at least had the decency to keep mum about it. There wasn't a doubt in Judge Fear's mind that Kev would be expecting a bit of recompense later, too... Tch! Everyone had to pay the Devil his dues. Except for poor Blathers, here. The little tyke was damn near about to nod right off into the ground! "Mm... I do not have much elssse to dissscusssss with you today, cadet," the Dark Judge rasped. "However, do not think that you are getting off early. There isss no sssuch thing. I want you to take Blathersss and put him in your room, sssomewhere... nice. Not the clossset, not a drawer, and essspecially not anywhere the owl will perisssh. I will be watching you, cadet." Judge Fear wasn't known for his bluffs, after all.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:43 pm

It wasn't like Kev's kind did much with books in the first place. The Thermians sometimes had 'books' to trade, but very little of the knowledge Kev had learned, either from Thermian books or from his own culture, did much for him here, now did it? So yes, five years of reading basic. As for the melodrama nonsense, Kev was content to just give the Judge a raised brow. If Kev's kidnapping scenario was 'melodrama', he'd hate to see what the nukes dropping down on the world was considered. It'd practically be a drama bomb! Hehe...that was terrible.

Kev wasn't really surprised to hear that Judge Fear liked hearing obedience. Sometimes, he had a feeling the old codger liked the power trip. Whatever kept him happy! And kept Kev from getting demerits. The Judge had no more that he wanted to discuss, though it seems Kev wasn't getting an 'early day'. Nope, there was one more task to be done. A task involving...Blathers. Instructions were given, Kev was to take the owl and find a spot for him in Kev's room. He could not stuff the owl in his closet, and especially not the dresser, and the Judge insisted that he put the owl somewhere where it wouldn't perish. As if to imply there was anywhere in Kev's room where the dear owl could die. With one last warning of being watched, which wasn't too intimidating since Judge Fear was always at the back of Kev's mind anyway, the alien stepped forward and gently grabbed the owl. "You can count on me, sir." Though maybe not for holding the owl so much, since he was grabbing at it awkwardly, as though he were juggling a baby. Eventually he raised his hands up so the owl could climb over onto his shoulder, attempting not to bristle at the feel of those feathers brushing his scales. With a salute to his instructor, Kev turned on his heel and made his way to the cottage.

Through the living room and up the steps, Kev reached his room and shrugged his shoulders up and down. "You can get off now, Blathers." His shrugging got a bit quicker when the owl flapped his wings and dug his talons in more, apparently not ready to leave his perch. "Blathers! Get off, please!" The owl took the hint and flew off to a corner of the room, hooting softly and probably very confused about where in the hell he was. With his shoulders finally owl free, the alien leaned back on his heels and surveyed the room for a moment. He had to find a place for Blathers...a little area where he could roost. Maybe he could pull a drawer out so Blathers could have a little roosty spot? No, no...Fear specifically said no drawers. Hmm...definitely not Kev's bed. Definitely not somewhere on the table, Kev didn't trust Blathers around the turtles. A lightbulb suddenly clicked in the alien's brain however, and he zipped across the room to open his closet door, lifting his coat rack up and out of the closet. Kev yanked several hats and scarves free of the coat rack, tossing them back in the closet until only the oldest of scarves were on the hooks. Kev grabbed the coat rack and pulled it over to a corner of the room, setting it down and grabbing the old scarf up. It used to be purple, but was now a dark sort of dingy color. The edges were frayed, and there were a few holes, but otherwise it was still soft. Kev wrapped it around the hooks on the coat rack until he had a shoddy sort of nest. He clasped his hands together and looked over his work. It was better then nothing!

Now for the hardest part... "Blathers, come here Blathers." Kev approached the owl, cornering him slightly before he reached out and grabbed him up around the middle, quickly holding the owl at arm's length and quickly bringing him over to the coat rack. He let the owl go right on top of the rack, where Blathers could freely explore his new little bed area. Kev was content to take a step or two back and give the owl his space. "How's that, sir?" He asked his instructor.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes, that was terrible and you should feel ashamed.

Judge Fear didn't know whether to be confused or entertained by the way Kev grabbed his new friend. Probably a mixture of both. "For Pete'sss sssake, cadet, it'sss an owl not a baby," he hissed. But there went the alien regardless, toting Blathers around as if he were a hooting toddler. Kev might as well, supposed the ghoul, because should any harm befall Blathers... Well, best to get over that hurdle if it arises. For now, the Dark Judge would rather spend the next five minutes untangling his limbs; his mistake for keeping still far too long. It was hard renting a corpse, you know? Anywho, time to inspect Kev's handiwork. If he knew the alien as well as the back of his buttocks (which wasn't very well, considering it wasn't his...), Kev was probably... oh, getting out that old coat stand. A good enough place as any, and far better than stuffing Blathers into the closet where the mottled thing would die a most agonizing death.

It was a sluggish trek from the forest to the cottage's flight of stairs, and one riddled with excited animals along the way, but Judge Fear managed. Steps were most unkind to rusty joints and this hall was literally made for faerie tale creatures, narrow and stooped. Just a few more... Just a feeeeew more...!

Th-Thump!

Houston, we have landed.

"That looksss decent enough," the fiend rasped, spotting Blathers roosting upon the coat stand's very top. Ought to be safe there, unfortunately. Judge Fear contemplated on whether or not he should enter the alien's chambers, but, given how restrictive the door frame was and how short... eh, he had suffered enough crouching, sitting, and hunching for one day. Any more and his host was going to permanently distort. "Alright, I reckon that isss enough for thisss exercissse. Carry onto your next, cadet." Where as the Dark Judge, meanwhile, decided to linger up here and allow his discs in his spine to settle.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:49 pm

The owl might as well be a baby...especially if Kev had to take care of it. He'd much rather consider the owl a baby than a pest, because at least then he wouldn't let the owl die and fail his training. If he imagined the owl was a sweet, downy baby...he might just pass! Though it would be hard to imagine the owl as anything other than a terrible demon ready to suck out some souls. At least Kev had managed to find something semi-suitable, and the owl looked content. The hooting thing sure wasn't complaining...now to wait for his instructor's thoughts!

Kev glanced downwards, when he heard someone enter. Must have been Judge Fear! Kev had almost expected him to suddenly reappear with his shadow powers, so to hear the corpse slowly shuffle up the stairs was...honestly a little funny! With the animals bouncing around him, all excited to see him. You were so loved, Fear! Though he also felt a bit bad for Judge Fear. Fear was so tall, whereas the cottage was...not exactly short, but definitely not suited to someone who was 7 feet tall and inflexible. Kev elected to lean against the wall and wiggle his fingers down at his turtles as he waited. Finally, thumping around, the Judge lingered outside of the door frame and looked in, judging Kev's performance. Decent enough! Score one for Kev. "Thank you, sir." This exercise was deemed complete, which meant it was time for Kev to start the next one. With a nod to Fear, Kev walked to the end table next to his bed and pulled out his usual supplies. The book, the folder, a dictionary, and a pencil. The past few days of this, he had moved up to his bedroom. Getting to stretch his legs out on the bed was rather nice and welcome. Keeping his supplies pinned to his chest with his arms, the alien climbed onto his bed and sat everything down on his lap, reaching behind to pick up his pillow and set it against the backboard. He shuffled backwards into it, set the dictionary, folder and pencil on the end-table, and started reading. Let's see what Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth were up to this time...

---
    A pencil was placed inside the book's pages as Kev folded it and set it on his lap, stretching his arms around in a wide arch. Blathers had behaved rather well, hooting in the corner and snuggling the scarf. Kev also eventually found a few new occupants on the bed, in the form of Oscar, Percy and Shally. Metus had come over too, placing his big head on Kev's knee, but eventually the Great Dane went downstairs with Fear, likely to help make dinner. And speaking of dinner...Kev glanced around for the clock and gave a small nod to himself. Dinner should be about ready. Moving carefully so he wouldn't disturb the dozing animals, Kev swung his legs around and edged himself onto the ground, kneeling so he could place the dictionary and folder back inside the compartment of the end-table. He grabbed 'Pride and Prejudice', withdrawing the pencil and placing a proper bookmark inside, in the form of a torn piece of scrap paper from an old grocery list for Nym. By this point, the only legible words were 'steak?? some sort of meat'. Everything else had been smudged to kingdom come. Cracking his back, Kev left the room and descended the stairs, crossing the living room to sit at the dining table. Like a good cadet, he'd wait for his instructor/chef to bring over the meal of the day.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Blimey, it was time for dinner already!? Suppose the alien will be expecting a bowl, then.

Soup was always on the dinner menu; it was the easiest thing to make (without losing body parts) and Kev could drain it right up. Today's recipe was a tad fancier than the regular soup tin, however. Livewire, bless her spark, had been a tremendous help getting the undead fiend to realize what goes into a pot these days. Something about... edible foodstuffs? Yeah, something like that. She kept it simple for him: tomatoes, celery, onions, navy beans, a bean stock, and... hmm. Ah! Can't forget the garlic and mushrooms. Why all these ingredients, however? To make homemade minestrone soup, of course! Now, let's see if he could remember what goes in first and how...

Forget all that nonsense, actually. It took a good two solid minutes of Judge Fear staring at the pot before he decided to dump everything, minus the beans, in. "I reckon it doesssn't matter," he hissed, tossing vegetables with wild abandon. "It all goesss to the sssame place, anyhow." Metus was naturally more skeptical of the Dark Judge's haphazard definiton of cooking. The Great Dane snorted once, in a bid to grab the ghoul's attention.

"Huff!"
    "Eh...? What doesss that have to do with the price of tea in China?"
    "Woof!"
    "But I didn't put the bloody beansss in. Livewire sssaid they go in after everything hasss been left to ssstew for... for..."
    "Whine..."
    "Well, what do you expect? I'm a Judge, not a chef! Let'sss jussst sssay... forty-five minutesss."

Dead things should not be allowed in kitchens, unless if you were a certain eternal presence from Discworld. In any event, Kev was in capable... ah, claws! Yes sir, the alien didn't have to worry about a lick of food poisoning. Not at all. Hopefully. Maybe. It wouldn't hurt. Yeah, he should worry.

By the time Kev had came downstairs and took his seat, there was already a piping hot bowl waiting for him beside a glass of water. "Greetingsss, cadet," rasped Judge Fear. His grotesque hands were stained red and green, countless vegetables mercilessly slaughtered to make the alien's dinner. "You are jussst in time for your evening meal. Careful, it isss hot." And there was dog slobber in there, as usual. Speaking of dogs... A disproving Metus sat in the corner, though he was not irate with the fiend. No, no. The subject of his current ire was none other than a bulbous white mushroom; he licked it several times, his muzzle parting into a perplexed sneer. Disgusted, the Great Dane shamelessly picked up the offending fungus with his teeth and plopped it before the Dark Judge's feet.

You eat this horrible thing, because I certainly won't.

Challenge accepted, for Judge Fear wasted no time pinching the mushroom between his needle-like fingernails to inspect it. "Oh come now, Metusss. It sssurely cannot be asss terrible asss you sssay," he disagreed. Alas, only one way to find out. Down the hatch it goes!

Munch, munch... munch........ munch...............

"...Tassstes like chalk."

Told you so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 am