Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nascence [Week 7 - 9]

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:53 am

Success! Kev's explanation was sufficient! Though the choices of tea weren't quite in his favor. The Judge's go-to seemed to be black tea, which ginger and green definitely were not. Judge Fear waffled his choices and decided to go with the green tea. Rather fitting, hoho~! Kev nodded and reached within the cabinet, hand feeling around before wrapping around the canister for the green tea leaves. "Green tea it is." No sugar or honey, as expected. Kev turned to the Judge and gave him another nod. "On the way, sir." He took the tin over to the hob and took the tea pot off of the back burner.

There was a small pop as Kev lifted the tin's top off, reaching inside for the scoop. Three scoops, one for each and an additional for the pot, was measured and poured inside of the pot while Fear got lunch ready. It was just on time too, because soon a loud whistling filled the air. Flinching at the noise, Kev turned the hob off and lifted the kettle from the burner. The boiling water was poured inside the pot, the kettle set aside once it was rendered empty. The ceramic top was pinched between an index finger and a thumb and set onto the pot delicately. One hand searched a drawer and felt around for a specific tea cozy. "Just a bit of steeping and then it'll be ready." Between the pot and the blended foods, the kitchen was smelling rather tasty. Kev loomed over his pot, peering down at it and even giving the fleece of the cozy's 'wool' a solid poke or two as the clock ticked away. "Hmm...alright. I think it's done. How about you, sir?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:26 am

"Hmm...alright. I think it's done. How about you, sir?"

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR!

"Jussst about," was the raspy answer. It didn't take much longer after that for Kev to have two heaping bowls of fresh slush at the table waiting for him. Mm, look at that nice, rosy salmon-pink... Ooh, and the veggie-green, too. Yum, eh? A glass of ice-cold water was there as well, for keeping hydrated throughout one's busy day was quite important. As wishful as it was for Kev to suddenly die from a heatstroke, the alien was far too valuable for the time being. Soon, though... But not now. Judge Fear pushed all related business aside and fancied himself a seat, the ghoul comically two sizes too big for Kev's dining chairs. It was torture being a giant in a small man's world... Didn't help any that Kev's teacups and saucers might as well have been meant for a girl's dollies. Oh, which reminded him... "I'd like to have my cuppa in Livewire'sss, if you'd be ssso kind," he spoke up. Now she had the right idea, making a teacup just the right size for his sickly-green grippas.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:00 am

"Alright." The tea and lunch were wrapping up around the same time! Kev's fingers wrapped around the tea pot, clutching it protectively as he shimmied past Judge Fear and placed it on the dining room table. A little more to the left...turn to the right...ah! There. That was perfectly in the middle. ...Wait. Kev turned the pot around so that the handle and spout both faced the same direction, before deeming it ready. Cozy and all. Judge Fear set the table as well, placing the bowls that made up Kev's lunch at the table, along with a glass of water. Mmm...he'd worked up something of a thirst, for sure. Kev manuvered his way past the ghoul into the kitchen again, where he had left the tea cups. He was in the middle of adding a scoop of sugar to his own cup when the Judge spoke up.

"I'd like to have my cuppa in Livewire'sss, if you'd be ssso kind,"

"Hm?" Kev glanced over a shoulder back at the Judge, who was seated at the table now. Livewire's cup? When did Livewire get a...oh! "Of course, sir! In the usual cabinet, right?" He asked, though he moved to the cabinet in question even as he asked, finding the cup easily. For a moment, Kev inspected the little tea cup. Hand painted by Livewire and given to Judge Fear as a Christmas present. It was a rather thoughtful gift, if a bit...macabre. Kev's thumb brushed past a painted man being beheaded, before his eyes found the words 'The Best Solution' on the handle. For a moment, and definitely not for the first time, Kev couldn't help but think about the kind of...influence, the Judge had. At first glance, one would look at this gifted tea cup, and think the Judge was corrupting the mind and soul of poor Livewire. Why else would she paint such dark images, yeah?

...Except that the alien had looked inside Livewire's mind, been a bit of a bridge for Judge Fear to repair damage to Livewire, and the things he felt and saw in there? Mm...Livewire wasn't exactly innocent. She was very kind, a very good friend. But by this point, she wasn't exactly innocent and she would do some...pretty dark deeds for those she loved. Judge Fear had nothing to do with it, though perhaps his approval didn't help...but Kev couldn't help but think that were it not for Fear's help...for what Fear had done for her, Livewire would never have even created such a gift. Kev's chest swelled as he remembered how happy the both of them had been, Fear even willingly giving Livewire a hug. A big one, lifting her off of the ground. Whatever influence Fear had on Kev and Livewire, for ultimate good or evil, Kev had to admit that it was an influence that he didn't want to be without. Kev reached out and snaked his hand around the handle of his own cup, bringing both cups over to the table. Fear's was set down in front of him, and Kev set his own off to the side. Sitting before his bowls, Kev gestured at the pot. "You can have the first cup, sir. I have lunch and water to go through, first." As if to make his point, the alien lifted his bare hands up and gently slid them into each bowl. The pink sludge of fish and the green muck of vegetables. "Mmm..." He was a bit more partial to the vegetable dish, but the fish felt rather satisfying as well!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:45 am

"Yesss, in the usssual cabinet." All nice and tidy, where it was protected from curious animals and unhealthy clumps of dust. Should anything ever happen to Livewire's considerate gift, the Dark Judge would be devastated. What sort of wicked soul would smash such a lovely piece of art? Nay, love! That's... That's what Livewire put into all of it, right? Something along those lines. Hardened nails lightly rapped against the dining table as Kev offered the first cup. "How generousss," Judge Fear hissed, reaching for it. D'aw, the Best Solution... Gets him every time, it does. Two leathery hands gripped Kev's teapot, fluffy cozy and all, and the ghoul delicately poured himself a fresh helping of green tea. Not his personal favourite, but it'll do. However, he would like to address something... "Did you know," he began, setting the teapot down carefully. The ghoul made certain that its spout faced Kev. "That the hossst or hossstessss isss to pour the firssst cup of tea? Jussst sssomething to be aware of for future reference, cadet." No harm, no foul. It wasn't like the alien threw a dirty dish rag onto the teapot and disrespected it.

Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. In any event, time to drink!

There was nothing a good, hearty cuppa couldn't fix. At least, the undead fiend seemed to think so. It couldn't fix a criminal or crime rates like death could, but it came damn close to washing the day's sweat and toil away. A rotten finger gingerly shoved aside the iron gratings of Judge Fear's helm, ethereal "lights" winking within its darkened interior. Don't look too closely, Kev. It would spell certain doom if you did. Siiiiip! Ahh, that hits the spot. A pity about not being able to taste much of it, though...

"Ssso," he suddenly rasped, helm pointed away, "what'sss on your mind, cadet? You ssseem to be thinking about sssomeone. Livewire, methinksss. Are you concerned for her?" He already knew the answer, so you might as well be forthright. Don't want a repeat of week four, do we?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:15 am

The alien tried not to look too pleased with himself at being called generous. It only made sense, after all! Though it was completely possible that Judge Fear was being facetious. Really Kev, giving the bloke that was only having tea for lunch the first pour of tea? A right visionary, he was! A philanthropist of the highest order! Kev wiggled his fingers slightly in his lunch, maneuvering to absorb a bit more before glancing up to face the Judge. "...Ah. Right, right. That's...right, that's how hosting goes." His gaze turned back to the table, feeling sheepish. "I had forgotten, sir. Always thought it was a little weird anyway...what if the host gives you too much? Or too little?" Alas, this was something Kev would remember for leisure hour and the future. Even if he did find it a bit strange...Kev could hear the tea being poured, so he knew what came next. Judge Fear would be sipping his tea, and unless Kev wanted to cut this training day short with a bit of death, or at least being scared witless, he'd do best to keep his eyes down and averted. His body turned to the side as well, one hand leaving the bowl of salmon and reaching for his water. His hand fumbled for a moment, nearly knocking the entire glass down onto the table, but he managed to find it without a mess. The crisp, coolness of the water was refreshing, the alien almost losing himself before he realized Judge Fear was speaking again. He nearly glanced back to the Judge as well, before remembering his helm.

Typical. Though he supposed knowing Kev's thoughts came with being linked...when they merged, it would only increase. So he might as well get used to it now. Kev gave his cup of water a brief look, tilting the cup slightly so that he could get at the water. "You're right, sir. I'm thinking of Livewire. I'm...no more concerned for her then I usually am, though." With the things she'd been through, and the things they had seen, there was cause for concern. He'd almost be worried about her breaking apart without the two of them, though they had Sundays to help, as well as nightly visits from Fear. "I was just thinking about how happy she was, when she gave you that tea cup. And...how it had been a while before she had been that happy. You know? There were hints of it, here and there, after...they left. But until you and I...helped her with those memories of the circus, I hadn't seen her that happy, genuinely happy and..." Kev's fingers gripped the glass of his drink, the alien letting out a small sigh. "I feel like every time I see her happy, it's the first time I've ever seen her happy. And frequently, whenever I see her happy like that, it's directly because of you, sir. I was thinking about how nice that was. I was thinking that...even though all of this is leading up to you and your brother getting those weapons of mass destruction and dropping nukes on everyone, seeing her so happy...kinda makes it worth it. And knowing that Livewire and you got to become closer because of it." Like a ray of light in a fog of darkness.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:17 am

Now, now... Let's not get too flowery with our thoughts, Kev. "You handle it politely," was Judge Fear's simple response. He took another quiet sip of his tea, further elaborating, "If it isss too much, you make asss little a ssspill asss posssible. And if too little, you drink your cup and patiently wait for a refill to be offered." Teatime was serious business, see. And what's that fumbling noise? Almost got the helmeted ghoul to look, had not his helm's interior been exposed.

"You're right, sir. I'm thinking of Livewire. I'm...no more concerned for her then I usually am, though."

Is that so, cadet?

Judge Fear could be a patient spirit, yes. He listened in silence as Kev continued, firstly admitting that he oftentimes thought about the femme's happiness. And secondly, that it was the Dark Judge's influence that had helped crack Livewire's despondent shell. Neither of these the ghoul could rightfully deny, for there was truth in the alien's words. However... A sigh escaped that unfathomable abyss as well, though not quite for the same reasons Kev had done prior. "Cadet," he began wearily, idly rocking his teacup side-to-side. The pale, greenish-yellow liquid sloshing within had suddenly lost a bit of its charm. "I am going to be honessst with you. While I do underssstand that you value the femme'sss happinessss and that you think her friendly relationsss with my judicial perssson isss... adorable, for the lack of a better term, I mussst caution you: I am, and forever will be, a Judge, firssst and foremossst. My duty isss to the law and nothing elssse, you know thisss." So don't... go about idealizing things that weren't rainbows and butterflies, alright? He was a spirit inhabiting a rotten corpse and thoroughly enjoyed murdering the living. There was nothing glorious about that, or particularly friend-worthy. It honestly wasn't a lot of things...

"Neverthelessss - " Judge Fear paused to down his cup, metal creaking against metal " - I do enjoy Livewire'sss company. Ssshe isss truly a being that I cannot readily grasssp at thisss time, but ssshe isss sssomeone to... value, I sssuppossse. A lot more virtuousss than yourssself, ah..." The Dark Judge wasn't a creature known for warmth and kindness; he viewed existence with an aloof air about him, as the law was eternal and everything else withered away in time. Having stated that unhappy business, he rather did like seeing Livewire light up like a tree during Christmas... All those squeals of sheer joy and wonder; if he could make a bomb out of it, it'd be one helluva way to go.

Finished with his serving for now, a rigid arm reached over and poured a steaming-hot cup for the alien. "Well, it'sss a damn good thing that you do not have teeth," he remarked offhandedly. Just look at all that sugar, blimey!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 pm

"Politely." Kev parroted. It wasn't the end of the world if the host poured too much or too little. Too much, just don't make a mess, and too little, just pour a refill. "Alright...that makes sense. I'll try to pour the pot as the host." A few times, he had poured the cup for his guests, but the majority of the time he let his guest pour it themselves. Kev glanced down at his glass and set it to the side, having his fill of water, and he decided to focus on the salmon bowl. The alien almost glanced back at the Judge when he sighed. He sounded...tired. Weary. Of course, he understood why he was tired. It was hard to be a Judge, to be used to keeping his ties minimal and focused only on the other Judges he had. Now? Now he had Livewire and Kev.

"I understand, sir. Livewire and I...we've talked about this before. About how we both are attached to you, care about you, and that despite that, your loyalty and devotion will always be to the Law, and to your brother, first. Even though we care about you, we understand that you cannot drop everything and be with us or anything. And technically, we cannot drop everyone and everything for you either. We all have our...duties..." Judge Fear was just the only one who's duty involved the deaths of everyone they knew and loved. It was still something that was hard to wrap his mind around sometimes. Yet he was finding it easier to do so. Judge Fear himself soon admitted that he did enjoy Livewire's company. Kev could hear some movement, like Fear was putting his cup down. Livewire was a bit mysterious and hard to grasp, likely because the Judge could only access her mind with help from Kev, but he still enjoyed her presence and saw her as someone to value. And of course, Livewire was more lawful then Kev was. The alien snorted in amusement.

"You definitely warmed up to her a lot faster then you did me, sir. Probably because she's lawful, whereas I'm a stone cold sinner." Kev set aside his bowl, where a nice layer of salmon still caked the bottom. He felt like he needed a little something else to 'eat' or 'drink' though. Kev wiped his hands clean on a napkin. "We understand that the law comes first, sir. If you ever had to choose between us, and you choose law, we understand and won't hold it against you, or forget you." Judge Fear had become something of a cause for discussion for the two of them, and very frequently they'd discuss him. They both came to the same conclusion though, and that was that they cared about him, they understood where his loyalties must lie, and they wouldn't regret him.

The sound of pouring drew Kev's attention and Kev looked back at the table and at Judge Fear, jerking for a moment. There was no sudden vision of terror or bright light before a sudden death, though. The Judge had closed his helm and decided to pour a cup for Kev! "Oh, you don't have to do that." Too late for that though, because the cup was already full of a nice, piping hot fluid. Mmm, freshly poured tea. Now what was this about having teeth? "Oh yes, between all the honey and all the tea, I'm very lucky not to have teeth. They'd be falling right out." Kev reached forward and drew his cup closer, giving the green tea a sniff before he stirred it to dissolve the sugar. "Thank you for pouring some for me, sir."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:59 am

"I understand, sir. Livewire and I...we've talked about this before. About how we both are attached to you, care about you, and that despite that, your loyalty and devotion will always be to the Law, and to your brother, first. Even though we care about you, we understand that you cannot drop everything and be with us or anything. And technically, we cannot drop everyone and everything for you either. We all have our...duties...

We understand that the law comes first, sir. If you ever had to choose between us, and you choose law, we understand and won't hold it against you, or forget you."

"Mm..." You know, this would be a lot easier if these two weren't so confoundedly forgiving. Either out of sheer denial or genuine affection, both Livewire and Kev had willingly resigned themselves to this fate. Friends, perhaps. Or fools. The perspective varied, though the Dark Judge troubled himself not. So long as they were aware of the consequences... "Very well," he hissed. "If you underssstand and are cognizant of your choicesss, I will not intervene. You know the dangersss and ssso do I." It will be interesting to see how these two viewed the Dark Judges after a certain scheme to rid the world of life became a reality... Will they still cling to these words, siding on the cause of friendship? Or will they quickly retract their previous beliefs, falling into the role of an enemy? Alas, alas...

Judge Fear didn't have to, but he did it anyway. Seeing as how he poured the first cup, he might as well pretend to be the host this time around. Etiquette, you know? "You are welcome, cadet. Green tea isss admittedly sssoothing, though I find it too..." Oh, what's the word? "Tame, I sssuppossse. It'sss not very bold..."

But it was apparently great for a psychic migraine, who knew?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:44 am

There were many things that Kev had struggled to forgive. A good majority of these things were represented in his mental exercises, the abandonment of close friends and the severing of ties, as well as slights from those he now viewed with contempt. These all were things that he struggled to forgive, but found himself accepting as he worked every week. There were also many acts that he forgave rather easily, without much moral dilemma or spilled milk. No doubt, the Judge was aware of these, acts commonly done or enacted by trusted friends. Forgiveness was given, if Kev thought that the person deserved it. For whatever reason, Kev thought that the Judge deserved forgiveness.

"Livewire...might be a little different. She didn't see the nukes...I mean, she isn't stupid, she knows you're going to try to wipe out all life but...seeing is believing." Kev gave a small shrug. "Livewire seems to be alright with ceasing to exist though...so I guess in the end she wouldn't mind. I know the dangers, though." He was very aware of them, in fact. "I'm going to be partially responsible, as well. I will never make you choose me over the Law, sir. Though we might end up on opposite ends," The Judge did give Kev permission to help his friends out, after all. "I will be here afterwards to share some tea with you. Or if you succeed, I'll be dead. Maybe I'll pop back up in a week, maybe not. If I can, I'll try. Someone has to pour the tea for you, after all." An apocalypse was no excuse for bad manners! Kev grabbed his teacup into his hands and seemed to just revel in the warm of the beverage for a moment, looking back at the Judge over his cup. "This isn't going to be a ride on the rainbow express. But...you are worth it." People would not approve, just as there were some who did not approve now. A few doubts knocked at the door of Kev's resolve, asking what was so special about Fear that he could toss away everyone else, abandon them to be killed in a nuclear explosion. Except that no one would be abandoned, as after his animals were secure, Kev would warn the others of what was to come, and they would have their fighting chance against the Apocalypse, just as they always had a chance. They didn't get this warning with Ridley. They didn't get it with Mr. Dark. Judge Fear would try to eliminate all life, and he would try again. But this attempt would be the only time Kev's hands would get dirty, and he'd do everything he could to help his friends. The death of Ridley and taking away his weapons...it would be worth it. This was worth it.

Kev carefully slipped his fingers inside of the tea, being mindful of the temperature but finding that it was cooler than expected. "Green tea isn't my first choice either. I find it kind of...light. More water than tea. I probably should have put some mint, or honey in this to give it a bit more taste, but just sugar is fine. Are you finished with your cup, sir, or should I pour you some more?" He asked, briefly nudging his head in the direction of Fear's special cup.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:44 am

Now just hold on a minute there, cadet. What did you just say? Judge Fear pretended to tweak an ear, leaning forward with the side of his helm inclined towards Kev. "Eh...? Alright with ceasssing to exissst? Whatever for?" he inquired to know. That surely can't be right. Livewire was a lawful being. So lawful, in fact, that she was willing to encourage Death's teachings to the sinful masses. She was... well, precious! "Everyone elssse can ceassse to exissst but Livewire," the ghoul huffed. Leathery fingers gripped that teacup for dear unlife, the Dark Judge counting a list upon his other free hand. "Everyone except for: Mortisss, K.A.R.R., Alasssdair and Sssutekh, all the other dead individualsss that are lawfully-abiding citizensss, and..." Oh, right. Ghostly eyes sloooowly latched onto the alien, searing white pinpricks seemingly intensifying.

"...And your petsss," he added tentatively.

"This isn't going to be a ride on the rainbow express. But...you are worth it."

D'aw, right in Montague - should he still be here. Judge Fear leaned back his head and had a boisterous ethereal guffaw. "HA HA! Alright, alright... That wasss a good one. I guesss you are not allowed to ceassse exisssting either, but only becaussse we have our little agreement." Mustn't forget about that, cadet. He wagged a nasty fingernail and continued, hissing, "And you had better return after I finisssh blowing up thisss iniquitousss planet. I can pour my own cuppa, but you owe me. You ssscorn me, cadet, and I'll float down to the Pool of Sssoulsss to box your earsss myssself!" Them fightin' words and he absolutely meant each and every single one.

But it was good to know that Kev found green tea to be equally... lacking. Mint or honey, though? The ghoul shook his head, the stubborn purist. "I'd rather jussst ssskip the green tea entirely, but yesss. I would fancy another, pleassse and thank you. How wasss your lunch?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Judge Fear rubbed at the side of his helm, a familiar gesture. That was his 'I'm sorry cadet, I didn't quite hear that, could you repeat that?' gesture, and sure enough the ghoul leaned forward and inquired why she'd ever think that. "Well, almost all she's ever known is the Breach, and losing people she's held close. Frequent disasters and mental trauma...she probably thinks that existing is pain, existing will always bring about this sort of thing, so if anyone found a way to just make existing...stop, she wouldn't mind. Because she could never be hurt again." It was a viewpoint Kev could understand, and one Fear ought to as well. Life was unfair, life was misery with happy pauses, yes? "Of course, this was back when she was...very bad off. You know...before we helped her out. Maybe she doesn't think that way anymore? Or at least, it's not so extreme." Hearing her admit it had been distressing, yet he found some comfort in the fact that, if he brought about a nuclear end of all things, at least one person wouldn't hate him for it.

Though the Judge's indignation drew a curious blink from Kev. The corpse gripped his tea cup and listed off all of the people who weren't supposed to cease existing. Livewire was at the top, along with Mortis, K.A.R.R., Alasdair and Sutekh, dead lawful citizens, and...there was a pause. The Judge turned his glowing gaze upon Kev, and the alien leaned back slightly at the intensity of it. Why did he seem so...Kev's eyes widened and for a moment, he wondered if the Judge was going to add Kev to that list. The air seemed to fill with tension, the alien's eyes softening as the Judge spoke up...

"...And your petsss,"

"And my...pets." The alien slowly repeated, blinking a few times before he relaxed. Well, of course it'd be his pets...of course. Had the alien himself not just said that he didn't want to get between Fear and the Law? That meant that eventually Kev would cease to exist. Judge Fear would get to kill him, as promised. "I'll include instructions for all of the animals in my will. Either for you or for whoever you'd get to take them in." The alien offered with a slight shrug. The Judge leaned his head back and guffawed loudly, the alien snorting at the sound of it. Can't pull one over on Judge Fear~!

"I guesss you are not allowed to ceassse exisssting either, but only becaussse we have our little agreement."

The alien stiffened, body freezing up at that one. His chest tightened up and for a moment, he wondered if he should pinch himself to make sure he hadn't fallen asleep while eating lunch. Judge Fear decided that Kev wasn't allowed to cease existing either! ...Only because of the agreement. And only because he had managed to make the Judge laugh. Those were the only reasons, and Kev wasn't about to fight him on it. "How generous of you, sir. Thank you." The alien's tone was casual, keeping it cool, but the Judge being the empath he was could probably feel the emotions rolling off of him. Relief. Contentment. Affection. He turned his attention down to his tea, focusing on absorbing that before chuckling at Fear's insistence that should Kev keep him waiting, he'd go down to the Pool and punch him in the ears.

"I wouldn't dream of it! I'd come back sir, I would. But only because I owe you. And because I cannot leave all of the people I care about. If for some reason I got stuck down there, you have my permission to come on down, smack me in the ears, and drag me back up to the Breach! It's not a place I'd much like to be stuck in." Judge Fear and his resistance to adding anything to tea...in any case, the alien set down his cup and wiped his hands before he reached forward and tilted the spout into Fear's cup, pouring his tea for him. The pot was set back down, the fuzzy cozy given a slight pat, before he looked back at the Judge. "You're welcome. And lunch is good! I still have a little bit of salmon left, but I've eaten all of the greens, and they were both very good. I kinda wish I could smell it forever. I might have to borrow some of the recipes from you when this is all done so I can make some of these dishes for myself and Nym."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:21 am

Yes, yes. Life was unfair, so roll over and just die. Judge Fear knew this better than anyone, except - "But Livewire isss lawful," he hissed. Seems the ghoul was stuck on this one particular detail, as typical. "Ssshe isss not sssupposssed to ssstop exisssting due to having sssuffered from her more damaging, iniquitousss bondsss." He had already read your mind, cadet. Starscream? Cyberwhat'sit, yes. But he was ultimately an empty metal shell. Hardly individuals with a virtuous belief in mind. And as for Swindle and Overcast... Again, not technically living, though they were not cemented in conviction. The same was true for Deadsilver, Casshern, Potter, Samara, and Megamind. None of the names above had the tenacity of a Judge. "Exissstence isss not alwaysss a wonderful thing; to exissst isss to sssuffer. Nonethelessss, it isss possssible to develop coping mechanisssmsss to better accept the harshnessss of reality. You, cadet, have already been made aware of thisss." Though it came about through weeks of grueling training; someone with a fragile mental state such as Livewire's would not be able to... handle it quite as well, if at all.

"Mm, I am not going anywhere," and the Dark Judge was adamant. "My duty isss to the law and upholding it. The living are wicked and mussst be eradicated for the righteousssss unliving, and if Livewire fallsss into the latter category, asss hasss already been decreed, I will remain to protect her. Whoever harmsss the lawful ssshall anssswer to me." So long as she avoided a similar pitfall that Syrus and Nyreena had stumbled into, of course.

And yes, your pets~!

Look at that scaly bastard, trying to keep his composure and not collapse into a blubbering mess of sheer happiness. Judge Fear wasn't sure if he should pity Kev for his choice in close "friends", or if he should be amused that the alien was positively twitterpated. "I am a generousss ssspirit of the law," was the not at all humble (and knowing) response. And permission!? "Pah, asss if I require your consssent to travel down there and reminds you of your duesss." You didn't have a choice in this matter, cadet. Either you come back and give the ghoul what you promised, on whatever day that opened, or you suffered one hell of a ghostly nightmare in the Pool of Souls. Don't tempt the Dark Judge, because he will. All positive thoughts of beating a bit of common sense into the alien's obtuse skull ceased when the fiend was given another hearty cup. What's this about...

"...Recipesss?" Oh, right. Guess those were a thing, huh?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:56 am

Kev's head quirked, and the alien's eyes narrowed as he tried to understand his instructor. What did Livewire being lawful have to do with how she felt about existing? "I don't know what to tell you. She's lost a lot. Even though she is lawful, being lawful hasn't protected her from losing people. She feels the void from those people, and this is all she's known." At least Kev had the fortune to have been born and raised on his home planet. Not the best planet, nor even the best people to be raised by, but he had something that he had known aside from Portal Breach. He could properly compare what he'd had with what he had now, to decide which was better in the end? Livewire only had Portal Breach. "She's not supposed to stop existing but...she's just been hurt a lot." The circumstances of her creation weren't much better...to just suddenly pop into being one day, and not have anyone to guide you? It was a hard thing. Though Judge Fear did have a point... "You are right, sir. I have learned this, learned new ways to cope. Maybe that is what she needs to learn...though I don't know where to possibly begin with that." It was almost astounding what a good coping mechanism could do. The alien had run through the full gamut; denial, anger, depression, blind hope, apathy...he had to sample all of them to learn what was best. Livewire had certainly dabbled in some of those same coping mechanisms, but she wasn't being trained and guided towards a more proactive coping mechanism.

Kev looked back to the Judge, staring at him silently from across the table as the Judge insisted that he wasn't going anywhere. He had a job to do, and that job involved killing the living. It also involved defending the lawful, and Livewire was one such being. He would remain to protect her, keep her safe from harm. Judge Fear could help her where others could not, and he could definitely do it with assistance from Kev himself. The alien peered down at his tea. Livewire and himself were definitely alike...this he saw, now more then ever. They both attached themselves to a being who would never leave them. "Thank you for that, sir. For remaining to protect her." Kev, was an adult. Even though he had his own reasons and feelings for anchoring onto the Judge, Livewire had more reason to. What the femme needed was someone who she knew would never leave her. Fear was bound by duty, by the law. It was easy for someone to say they wouldn't leave, but it was another thing entirely to actually do it.

Kev's cup of tea was set aside, now empty, and he instead got to work absorbing what was left of his salmon. One hand kneaded at the mush, fingers wriggling in the goop as the Judge showed his humble, bumpkin colors. "Of course you are, sir." The humblest. The alien snorted and shrugged. "Well, you are a Judge, sir. You really don't need my consent at all, but I figured I'd give it anyway. In any case! I make it a habit not to stay in the Pool any longer then I have to." Squish squish squish went the bowl, soon set to the side as he finished off the salmon. Just in time too, because the food was the subject at hand. "...Yeah, recipes." Kev blinked at him, head tilted. "You know, the instructions for how you made this stuff. You didn't just throw a raw fish in the blender with raw vegetables and stuff, right sir? You had a process! ...Right?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 pm

And why are you narrowing your eyes, cadet?

Something that should have been clear as day obviously wasn't. Mortals, alas. You could only expect so much out of them. "Of courssse ssshe wasss not protected from thessse insssincere relationsss with sssinnersss and criminally-inclined automatonsss," Judge Fear scoffed. The alien wasn't telling him anything new. "Prior to our arrival, there hadn't been anyone to ssstand up for the righteousss unliving. Thisss world isss infesssted and there can only be but one cure: death." It was, as the femme had painted right on this very teacup, the Best Solution; the virtuous path to redemption! "Pain, mm... Pain isss a feeling, and feelingsss sssubssside in due time. Livewire hurtsss now, yesss. But remember, cadet, the lesssson of impermanence. Her fate need not sssuffer indefinitely." And you bet your scaly arse he was right. Unsurprisingly, Kev hadn't a clue how to go about improving the femme's quality of existence.

"Ssshe isss a child," he rasped. "And though I have no experience with raisssing youthsss, a child requiresss guidance. Consssissstent guidance." Which none of Livewire's caretakers really had. The ghoul shook his helm at the state of these sorry affairs. "Ssstructure, dissscipline, and an impartial oversssight; children are malleable. Get them young to ssshape their mindsss and charactersss accordingly." It certainly worked for Law School, didn't it?

But unlike the potential cadets given to the law, the femme had already been tainted. Her corruption from sinful influences ran deep, perhaps even deeper than the Dark Judge had the privilege of knowing.

Training her like he was Kev would only be disastrous.

"I fear not..." Judge Fear again shook his helm, knowing better than to entertain wishful thinking. "Livewire isss fragile; broken. What you learn with me, and how, will be the femme'sss undoing. And asss much asss I think her needing of a coping mechanisssm and a more ssstable foundation to nurture it, ssshe cannot be forced or harssshly encouraged. The damage from her negligent bondsss hasss already been done, mm..." But this wasn't to say that Kev should give up on Livewire, or adopt a laissez faire approach. Quite the contrary! Pensive, the ghoul rubbed his concealed chin with a leathery hand, his other still clutching onto his untouched tea. "Hmm... Though, I sssuppossse," he tentatively began, "it would not hurt for Livewire to have a bit more ssstability in her exissstence. You know, sssomething for her to fall back on; sssupport. But if there isss to be change regarding the femme'sss perssson, it needsss to originate from within. Unlessss ssshe hasss committed a crime and isss under invessstigation, I advissse that ssshe dissscover the bulk of herssself through natural meansss." Lawfully, of course. And Kev, mate... Don't be so grateful just yet, because you were still going to die. Livewire can plan a celebration for your return.

...Yeah, recipes. You know, the instructions for how you made this stuff. You didn't just throw a raw fish in the blender with raw vegetables and stuff, right sir? You had a process! ...Right?"

And this was the humble bumpkin's cue to stare.

"...Right, then. Time for your mental exercisssesss." It was approaching that time, anyhow. The Dark Judge wolfed down his second cuppa and quickly stood up, as quickly as a stiff could, and placed the teacup into Kev's sink. "Sssee you outssside, cadet. Don't be late." Pleading the fifth on this one!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:12 am

Merely concentrating, sir! Narrowing his eyes to concentrate. The alien's eyes became half-lidded as he stared back at the Judge. Mm, sometimes it was like they were speaking a different language with each other. Too bad it wasn't the type of language barrier that Judge Fear could just learn through his connection with Kev, like Kev's native language. From Fear's point of view, Livewire had been hurt because there hadn't been anyone like the Judges to stand up and protect citizens like Livewire. The world was apparently infested with criminals and insincere people who were going to hurt people, and the solution? Death. Always death. "Mm." He grabbed his glass of water and started finishing it off. "Guess it's a good thing you're here now, to stand up for those citizens." Pain was indeed a feeling that didn't last forever. Kev himself no longer felt the pain that seemed to linger like a stink before. But Livewire...? "She hasn't just been feeling this pain for the past couple of months though, Fear...she's been feeling this pain for a long time. What if it's too late? What if it's reached permanence?"

Perhaps the lack of guidance was why her pain seemed to linger and last for so long...the last part was a little questionable, but for the most part, Judge Fear was correct. Livewire had gained guardians and lost them. It wasn't consistent or reliable, definitely didn't make for any solid structure. "Maybe with actual and consistent guidance, she'll be able to move on...her pain won't be so...long-lasting. It'll be impermanent." The two of them could help to guide her, though neither could exactly step up as new guardians. Livewire was young and yet, not so young. She needed enough guidance to keep herself going and know how to exist for several years to come, without necessarily being entirely dependent on them for her strength. Such a thing could not be done through training, though. Not for Livewire. The training would be too rough for her, the Judge's bark might hurt more than any bite. While training was no option for her, the Judge did think stability would help her. Support. Guidance. In the end, any change would need to come from within. Though that didn't mean she couldn't have a bit of advice and guidance from others. "What kinds of natural means do you think would work best for her? Meditation?"

And lo, the Judgey stare. Someone had been caught, but before Kev could investigate and figure out just what Fear did to fix Kev food, the Judge awkwardly excused himself and declared that mental exercises would be starting soon. "Mmhmm." Fear chugged his last cup of tea before he stood and shambled over  to the sink, placing his cup in there. "I'll come right out after I wash the dishes, sir." Kev answered as he collected his cups and bowls, stacking them together and lifting them with both hands. He gave the Judge one last squint before walking over to the sink and placing the dishes in there. He grabbed a wash cloth, soap, and set to work on cleaning all of the dishes, attempting to be fast without skimping on the work. Once the tea cups, glass and bowls were clean, dried, and put away, Kev took a deep breath and made his way outside. The mental exercises didn't generate the anxiety it used to in him, it was just another aspect of training now. Challenging in a different way than physical training, but not something to be afraid of now. He stepped out onto the grass and easily found the Judge. He was a dark storm cloud in the middle of a grassy meadow, surrounded by flies. Kev stepped over to him and waited patiently.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:42 am