Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Nascence [Week 7 - 9]

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Time: 5:10 AM
    Date: 03/02/0005

A warm body. Fuzzy, large...the alien nuzzled his head against the body and received several wet licks in return. "Mmmngh..." Kev turned his head away, eyes scrunches tight as he tried and failed to avoid the attack. "Myeeeagh..." Giving Metus an affectionate pat before gently nudging him out of bed, the alien pulled himself out of bed as well. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms around before glancing around for a clock. He was awake early, good. Kev plodded his way over to the closet. A new day, a new day of training. This would make the start of week...was it 7? 7 already? Huh. There was a slight rustling and shuffling as Kev got changed, grabbing a long sleeved shirt and two different jackets, a light weight one and a heavy one. He also grabbed a pair of thick winter gloves, a black scarf and a blue knit cap that he stretched across his dome. Once his attire was assessed as being as warm as it could be for the weather, the alien opened the closet and laid his pajamas down onto his bed gently, making his bed before checking on the turtles. Still alive, still cute. Kev gave them a bit of turtle food before making his way to the bedroom door, turning to Metus.

"Ready for breakfast, Metus?" He opened the door and let the dog go first, following behind down the stairs. The past few weeks had been a little hard, but there had been many lessons that he had learned. Kev was feeling a lot better and stronger then he did a few weeks ago. Entering the living room, Kev made his way over to the kitchen and sat himself down at the dining table, inclining his head towards the corpse that was busy in the kitchen. "Good morning, sir."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nascence [Week 7 - 9]

Post by Fear on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:59 pm

When wasn't Metus ready for breakfast? The Great Dane let out an excited - "Woof!" - and happily leaped out of bed, nails clicking against hardened wood. This way, friend, this way! Follow his quivering wet nose if you wanted to see what was on the menu. No doubt the usual, judging by the smell. A hungry dog never differentiated between 'so-so' and 'divine'.

"Good morning, sir."

"Good morning, cadet," rasped a deep, echoing voice.

The Dark Judge was where he could usually be found during early mornings; in the kitchen, busying himself with preparing Kev's nutritional morning meal. It was a practice rife with trial and error, admittedly. Who knew that milk was so perishable, or that certain fruits required refrigeration immediately upon purchase? Rotten hands dutifully attended to Kev's blender, the inactive appliance filled to the brim with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and chunks of pear and banana. "I sssee you are yet again early to rissse. A new habit, perhapsss?" A good one. Two cups of ice-cold milk were added and everything drowned out to the sound of - WHIRRRRRRRRRRR! It must be a sorry existence, being able to only consume liquids and slushy mixtures. Then again, the ghoul considered it a far worse fate to defecate through one's skin.

"There isss a paper on the table for you to read, if you desssire. You ssstill have eighteen minutesss before I can ssserve breakfassst." So why not lounge a bit and enjoy some peace and quiet near the space heater, hmm? "And before you inquire, your friendsss are ssstill living a sssinful exissstence. I took it upon myssself to ssscan early." Seeing as how the alien worried about their health, from time to time.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:21 am

"Perhaps." A habit, or a side-effect to a certain dream waking him up early every so often...either way, it wasn't a bad habit to get into at all, especially during training. "It is...definitely different, waking up early like this. But nice." He peered his head around to get a peek at the blender, stuffed with milk and all sorts of fruits that were then blended up into a smooth mixture. Kev watched on silently as the noise filled the air. Kev was content to sit back in the chair and soak up the warmth of the area. Fear must have the heater on. Judge Fear was quick to point out the newspaper on the table, suggesting Kev read it to pass the time. "Alright, sir." Kev grabbed it up and unfolded it, lifting it off of the table and eyes scanning the words. He glanced up momentarily when Fear spoke up again.

"Oh? I see." Everyone was still alive and bustling. Living and sinning. The alien turned back to his newspaper with a slightly happier air, nodding his head in Fear's direction. "Thank you for checking for me, sir." If only the Dark Judge could earn merits like Kev could. Kev's attention centered itself on the paper, looking at the weather reports, weekly news, special events, and advertisements. Nothing to interesting or magnanimous popped out to him and he soon folded the paper up, placing it on the paper neatly. "How're you this morning, sir? Did you have a good night?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

"My night wasss... good, yesss." What else could it be?

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending who you asked), there was nothing of interest to report in today's paper. In fact, there wasn't much news to report in general. One-shots of citizen lives, sales ads, horoscopes, an advice column... Even this week's weather was predicted to be mildly pleasant. Cold, but pleasant. Seems the world of endless oddities and turmoil has fallen into a period of monotony. This was good, no? Perhaps, perhaps... Either way, the newspaper was useful for nothing more than a quick read and then begged to be discarded. "Livewire and I enjoyed a decent cuppa," Judge Fear hissed. Well, he did; the femme had her... energon cubes, was it? Rubbish stuff. The Dark Judge remembered to put the milk away and busied himself with pouring a glass of ice-cold water. It was ice-cold, right? Dreadfully hard to distinguish temperature when your skin was as coarse as leather... and dead, too. "Ssshe keepsss wanting to paint my nailsss all coloursss of the rainbow, but I am not quite sssold on the idea. Red and orange classsh with my current motif of blacksss and navy bluesss immensssely." It might have worked for Judge Fire, maybe, but certainly not for himself.

The alien's meal prepared and with ten minutes on the clock still, the ghoul figured to clean Kev's blender to pass the time faster. It wasn't becoming of a Judge to leave a job half-finished, besides.

Crunch, crunch, crunch!

"Metusss, you know better than to chew with your mouth open."

Crunch, crunch, crunch...

"Mm, better."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:07 pm

"Good to hear." The alien was always a little curious to hear how his instructor spent his nights. Kev knew that he visited with Livewire frequently, almost as soon as the alien's head hit his pillow, but aside from that? How did the ghoul pass the time? Did he pick flowers, draw things in the stars? Smoke a dooby? "Mm, a nice cuppa! Maybe during leisure hour today, I could make you and I a nice cuppa." Typically, he had stuck to water during training. Had to rehydrate and all of that good stuff. He was beginning to miss the 'taste' for tea, though. The Judge also admitted that apparently, Livewire wished to paint those lovely talons. Kev definitely understood the feeling, sometimes he just wanted to buffer and clean those suckers up. Maybe file them or something...but colors would also be nice! "Well, they typically get covered in red one way or the other, don't they?" But no, he supposed having the entire color spectrum on Fear's hands might not be so pleasing to look at. "Maybe you could talk her down to just using blues and blacks, sir. So it'll all mesh. Just an idea."

The alien leaned back into his seat and glanced down at the floor, giving a slight snort when Judge Fear reminded Metus to chew with his mouth closed. Stickler for rules, that one. The alien's gaze found it's way briefly to the window, glancing at the goings on outside. Week 7 might be the start of something new being done to his training, just as it had for week 4. He knew better then to come right out and ask though, the answer would be vague and inconclusive. He would simply have to wait and see.

Last edited by Kev on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Pick flowers, draw things in the stars, and... smoke a dooby? That merited a tinny snort from yours truly. "I have more important thingsss to concern myssself with than to sssmoke grassss," he grunted flatly. What is 'psychic'? Best guard your thoughts carefully, lest you have another uncomfortable repeat of week four. But the prospect of having a nice cuppa later today was nice. A refreshing change of pace, even. It was enough to cheer up this weary, blackened soul. "Yesss, we do need to ssstart working on Livewire'sss tea assssortment ssshe gave usss for the holidaysss. It would be a crime to let sssuch a generousss gift go to wassste." And the femme would be incredibly distressed if she discovered it collecting dust in the pantry. No, tonight was as good a night as any. He'll let Kev choose the flavour to start. Hopefully it wasn't anything fruity... Judge Fear rather liked his blends full-bodied.

"Well, they typically get covered in red one way or the other, don't they?"

"And blacksss, and bluess, and purplesss..." The list could drone on, really. After all, there weren't just humans littered across Portal Breach's expansive landscape. There were aliens of every make and size, there were in-betweens, there were pesky automatons that didn't want to forsake their masters... And, at times, undead "innocents" caught in the midst of sin. These were fortunately rare, as with Nyreena and Syrus.

Very troubling insinuations...

It wasn't advised to ponder that now, however. At least not until the alien's training concluded. "There isss no talking her down," was the honest truth. If Livewire wanted to do something, she was going to damn well do it. Maybe not immediately or in the foreseeable future, but one day. The lass had gumption in spades. "I'll asssk her to fetch a bottle of acetone from the chemissst one of thessse daysss. Mm, perhapsss thisss upcoming Sssunday." Until then, the ghoul was going to silently pray that Livewire didn't develop a sudden fascination with copious amounts of shellac and kitty caricatures. Guh... In any event, those ten minutes had came and went. A bowl of some goopy mixture and glass of ice-cold water were rigidly set before the alien's scaly fingers. Mm, yum yummy! Nothing like a chunky slush to whet one's appetite, hmm? "You have thirty minutesss ssstarting now," the Dark Judge reminded. "Make them count, cadet." He, meanwhile, had already finished drying off the blender and was soon hobbling outside... waiting.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Judge Fear's snort earned a snort from the alien. Figured he'd be listening in on Kev's thoughts...the scoundrel. Rather then get testy or annoyed though, the alien just reigned his thoughts in and looked back at his instructor. "Isn't tobacco technically grass?" Why be picky about one type of grass over the other? Probably the legal ramifications. Kev rolled a wrist. "It was a joking thought, for the most part. You aren't the type to smoke a dooby, sir." And it sounded like the Judge approved of Kev's idea! "Excellent. It would make for a nice way to unwind after a hard day's work, too." The Judge never complained, but Kev was sure that the fiend had to be exhausted some days. Between training with Kev and visiting with Livewire, his hands were pretty full. And maybe one time, it'd be nice for the alien to do something for him. The Judge could put his heels up and let Kev take care of the tea.

"Mm, good point." Those hands had been covered in a multitude of colors. Kev's eyes scanned those hands, skeletal and green with rot, sharp talons at the end...what would it be like when one day, those hands were covered with green? The alien shook his head and focused though, looking back up at him to keep what limited 'eye contact' they could get. "Really? You can't think of a single tactic for negotiation?" Maybe somebody was just protesting too much. It sounded like Fear wanted rainbow colored talons. "Acetone...?" He asked, questioning, before he adjusted his posture. Shimmying in place, the alien got himself into a proper position for 'eating', looking down at his slop and cold glass of water. Already, he was pulling his gloves off. "I will, sir. Thank you."

And off he went, to wait outside until breakfast was over. Kev slid his fingers into his fruity mush, always appreciative of the tastes. The milk was almost nonexistent to him by now. He took a few pauses in between his 'eating' to get a drink of water, making sure to make every 'sip' count. Soon, all of the water was consumed and he only had a small amount of mush left to consume, making quick work of that not long after. Kev grabbed up his glass and bowl, taking them over to the sink to properly wash and dry them. Stretching the wash cloth across the rack to dry it out, Kev returned to the table to grab his gloves and put them on, before turning and making his way out the door to meet Fear. Time to begin.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 pm

"Nicotiania tabacum isss actually a member of the Sssolanaceae family, and cannabisss belongsss to that of the Cannabaceae family; ol' Mary Jane isss clossser to hopsss and hackberriesss than it isss tobacco, and tobacco isss clossser to nightssshade. Neither are grouped with graminoidsss." Get it right, Kev, gosh. Brief classification lesson aside, the Dark Judge shrugged those drooping shoulders of his and further commented, "I like to read when there'sss not much elssse to busssy myssself with. And no, I would not bother sssmoking a joint. What for? Psssychoactive drugsss are terrible on the sssensssesss." Tended to make one's extrasensory abilities either peter out or endure negative side effects, such as a psionic meltdown. Yippie, Kev! That'd be a great way to start the weekend, wouldn't it?

"Really? You can't think of a single tactic for negotiation?"

Getting a little bold for your britches... If you don't want to see those mangled hands drenched in green blood anytime soon, mainly being yours, then you ought to know better than to pester fate. Exposed, bone-white knuckles noisily cracked in one hand, the other extremity blackened by unnatural soul-fire. "Some argumentsss are not worth the effort," Judge Fear confessed. And given the fact that Livewire had been a little... saddened recently, it would be borderline stupid for the Dark Judge to come off as some obtuse brute. Who did you think he was, some selfish git like Potter?

"Yesss, acetone. For removing nail polisssh." The alien should consider reading more to expand his knowledge of the world.

Ah, but that could surely wait.

0600 right on the dot, the alien not a second late. Good, very good. His sense of punctuality was shaping up quite nicely. Now, then... "Metusss." Nothing more needed to be said. The dog understood his cue without fail and the energetic Great Dane happily bumped his glistening snout against Kev's hip. This way, friend, this way! It's time to run and admire your property. Do you like jogging? I sure do! Let's jog together and enjoy the company. "Woof!"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Suddenly, it was agriculture time. Kev blinked back at the Judge as he rattled on several facts detailing the difference between tobacco and weed, with the both of them proving to be nothing like grass. Those sure were a...lot of words. The alien's head tilted to the side as he took them in, the Judge admitting that he liked to spend his time by reading. Hmm...that was something of interest to note. As for the affects of drugs on the senses, Kev shrugged begrudgingly. "I never really took drugs recreationally, they always got...sorta thrusted upon me. And it was always really weird and trippy..." A bit of a havoc on the senses, now that he thought of it. Particularly that dip in the pool...

Kev's brows raised as the Judge cracked his knuckles, eyes taking in the white bones. Yeah, he remembered when you wore the skin down by rubbing your knuckles on his dome. Good times, good times...but perhaps Kev was getting a bit too casual. His hands folded across his lap in a respectful manner, giving a nod. "Good point. Tell her I said hello, please." And the acetone was for removing the nail polish. How interesting. With a nod in response to that and his breakfast absorbed, the alien made his way to the backyard. It was still rather dark out, which was expected. The moment Kev arrived, the Judge called out Metus' name and the dog was at Kev's hip in an instant, ready for their morning jog. Kev gave his body head a pat before he got started, the two of them passing by the creek and the dark forest. The creek had less frost in it this time, a sign of the spring that would be coming. The water babbled for them as they breezed past the shadowed wilderness and made their way across the vast parts of the territory, using the stone fence as their guide.

Dew clung onto his boots and moistened the bottom of his pants, but Kev didn't mind it too much. It would dry in the sun. Grass crunched beneath them softly as the jogged, the alien reaching a hand out to lightly touch the stone wall every so often. Just to make sure he wasn't making an odd zig zaggy pattern as he jogged. Eventually the fence brought them back around and they could see the front of the cottage again, the alien taking in it's beauty even in the dark. It really was a nice home. Eventually they circled their way back to the backyard, and Kev jogged back over to the place where he had been when he first began. The alien panted a few times, but otherwise wasn't horribly winded or exhausted by the jog.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:05 am

Sorta thrusted upon me...

Thrusted...

There was a sloooow creak of the Dark Judge's leathery neck as he pivoted at the waist to better stare over a shoulder. "...One doesss not sssimply have drugsss thrussst upon them," he corrected. How... Why... Bah, never mind! This had to be yet another one of Kev's bizarre trips into the Sanctuary, where, oddly, the mental recollection of an LSD, vodka, coffee-filled pool came to mind... That definitely didn't belong to the ghoul. Right, training!

Kev's light jog around his property had always been particularly simple; today was no different. The whole thing took no longer than fifteen minutes and soon, after a bit of leaping and galloping on Metus' end, the gallivanting pair at last returned to their little dark storm cloud. Kev was rather... colourful with his adjectives. "At eassse," commanded Judge Fear. Panting, the Great Dane took his place beside the Dark Judge and rested his ebony belly upon the dewy earth. Excuse him, friend, but his part in your training was sadly over. "It isss now time to begin your dynamic ssstretchesss, mm... Asss with before, there isss a new addition to your routine." Fun, no? Time for the big reveal. Bulbous knuckles cracked as a low hiss escaped the fiend's decrepit throat. "You are to give me double the usssual requirement, pausssing five ssseconds in-between repsss. I have every confidence that you will sssurpasssss my expectationsss." And in case there was any confusion on the alien's behalf...

If your pendulum swings had been fifty, they are now one-hundred. If your perp squats had been thirty, they are now sixty. Get the picture, cadet? Good, now start. You were running on his time.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:12 pm

The Judge commanded they be at ease, and Kev's posture stiffened up as he looked back at the Judge, though his eyes did dart to watch Metus flop onto the ground and rest. Lucky dog...his part was over. Kev's had barely begun. But unlike before, he would not dread any changes and bemoan his failures, he would try to accept it instead, and do what he was supposed to do. Truth be told, he actually wouldn't mind being a little challenged. As he figured, this week marked a change in his exercises. Instead of being done within a certain time frame, he was back to the quantitative count, but now he had to do double the amount. Shouldn't be too hard...with the previous time frame, he probably did almost double the amount of stretches anyway. A few more wouldn't hurt, right?

"I have every confidence that you will sssurpasssss my expectationsss."

The alien paused at that, giving the Judge a long stare as he digested the words. Judge Fear was...confident that Kev would surpass his expectations...Kev's chest seemed to swell, and his gaze softened for a moment before the alien got down to business and assumed the position. Training was not the time to be mushy, after all...though Judge Fear's confidence in him was greatly appreciated. The alien would not let him down. Arm circles were first, and Kev held his arms out so they were horizontal to the ground. His arms began to rotate, starting with the small circles. They rotated in a forward direction, the alien keeping it up as he went. These were the only stretches that were actually in their core, time based rather then quantity based. Before he had to do it all in five minutes, so this time he'd have to do it all in ten minutes. For 100 seconds, he swung his arms in the circle, counting in his head. Once he reached 100, the circle widened into a medium sized circle and he started again. After this set was complete, he widened the circle until he was rotating his arms as far as they could go, in large circles, and he counted again. Once those circles were finished, he rotated his arms, backwards this time, and in the small circles once again. He continued this for the medium and large circles before eventually meeting the end of the exercise requirement, arms dropping to his sides. The muscles in his arms had a nice twinge, but otherwise he felt that there actually wasn't as much pain as he would expect.

Leg swings were next, and before he started, the alien had to pause. He used to do five sets of ten swings for each leg, making fifty for each leg. If it was double that was a hundred for each leg. About...ten sets of ten swings? Yeah, that sounded about right. Placing his hands firmly upon his hips, Kev lifted his right leg and began. Back and forth, his leg swung, and as advised by the ghoul, he made sure to pause for five seconds between each rep. He decided to finish off his right leg first, stubbornly swinging that leg until he'd reached ten sets of ten swings. Kev used the pause to rub his leg down for a moment before he started to swing his left leg, pausing between the reps. Again, he could feel a few twinges in his leg muscles, and the things were definitely a little tight, but they didn't feel like limp rubber bands. Eventually that leg was finished off as well, Kev again rubbing that leg down before he got into position.

Perp squats. Kev spread his legs shoulder width apart, toes spread outward rather than inward. His back was straight, and his shoulders even, and again he paused to think. He had done three sets of ten for a total of 30. It was 60 now, which would be six sets of ten. With that in mind, the alien began to squat down, his legs below his knee keeping still for the most part. The lifting was primarily in the thigh, back, and abdomen. Down he went, and when he came back up, he paused for five seconds before he dropped back down. Once he reached three sets of ten, he was beginning to feel a little tired, but he continued. Judge Fear thought that he could surpass his expectations, and so he would try to. Down and up, down and up, again and again he squatted until he had finished all sixty of his perp squats. By now his body really was itching for a break, but there was still one more stretch to go. Leg lunges. Kev placed his hands on the back of his head, fingers lacing together as he assumed the position, with one leg slightly in front. He leaned forward, lunging, and made sure to keep his knee from touching the ground. The amount was the same as the perp squats, with the extra stipulation that they were three sets of ten per leg. Focusing on his right leg for now, Kev paused for five seconds before lunging forward again. It'd be six sets of ten, this time. By the time he finished up the sixtieth one, his leg muscles were doing a lot more then twinging, but he still had one more leg to go. Switching leg positions, he began to lunge forward on the other leg as well. He was determined to do his very best, to make a good start for the next three weeks.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 pm

You will be getting a challenge later today, rest assured. For now, however, you had stretches to busy yourself with. "That'sss it, cadet," rasped the fiend, studying Kev's sweat and toil with a critical eye. "Pace yourssself, mm... Breathe and focusss not on the body'sss ailsss. Sssuch agoniesss are merely illusssionsss and nothing more; hindrancesss to your goal." Every tremble in your aching muscles, every shudder in your tense breath... Let these serve as the instruments of progress, evidence of your determination to change!

But stretches alone will not carry you to success.

Pleased with the alien's thirst for a challenge, Judge Fear was all too eager in giving Kev what he so desired. "A pity you cannot sssweat, cadet. I would have enjoyed the sssight." As cruel as he was encouraging, and no longer was the Dark Judge appeased with Kev's stretches. He wanted something more. Naturally, the stakes were destined for a raise and Judge Fear didn't bother to hide his budding sadistic streak. "It isss time for your crunchesss and pusssh-upsss. Give me two-hundred of the former and one-hundred of the latter. I want them done properly and there are to be no breathersss in-between." The pleasure was nearly discernible in his otherworldly voice alone. "When you are ready, cadet, you may begin. The count isss yoursss." So don't take all day, yeah?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Judge Fear gave his advise as he usually did during these stretches, though Kev was grateful for it all the same. Especially since the advice was more about pacing, breathing, and ignoring any pain, rather then criticizing Kev's form or how he was doing on his stretches. This was progress. Progress was a bit painful, sure, but it had to be. Kev took a few calm breathes as he went about his stretches, focusing on how many reps he had left instead of the pain in his muscles. Eventually the pain ebbed away, his stretches finished, and the alien stood at attention to listen to the Judge's view on the exercise.

Judge Fear wrote:"A pity you cannot sssweat, cadet. I would have enjoyed the sssight."

...Kev had to squint a little at that one. That was...interesting. Then again, Judge Fear was a murderous Judge so yeah he probably wanted to watch Kev suffer and struggle with his stretches. Crunches and push-ups were next, the two of them were like bread and butter. Before he got down into position though, he had to stare at his instructor. "T-two hundred of the former and...a hundred of the latter? No breathers?" His voice almost sounded like a squeak, before the alien composed himself. Two hundred crunches and one hundred push-ups, no big deal! That was...that would be fine! "You've got it, sir." Crunches first, the alien settled himself down into the grass and took the position, lying himself flat on his back. His legs were lifted so that his knees made for the very tip of a triangle, and his arms folded across his chest. He took a deep breath in and began, lifting himself up into a small crunch and back down. The key to crunches were to do them in a very fast motion, pausing too long would shake the rhyme and then the crunch would fall out of sync. He kept it up instead, up and down, quick motions, keeping count as he went. "Nine, ten..." He was used to doing fifty of these types of crunches, though he usually did a hundred of the bicycle crunches. They might not have been the same type of crunch, but it helped. Ignore the pain, pain was an illusion...it was impermanent. It took a bit, but eventually... "198...199...200!" His back settled down into the grass, abdomen stinging.

Hngh, but he was not yet done. There were still some push-ups to be done. With a slight groan, the alien rolled himself over and assumed the position. Were he a mammal that could sweat, he would be soaked in it about now. He was beginning to feel like that little feeling to be challenged had been met...though he knew today was far from over. "Down, up, one." This time through, he paced himself. He breathed out as he went down, breathed in as he came back up, and paused for a few seconds before moving back down. Down, up. Out, in. He could almost lose himself in the cycle, though he couldn't afford to. He'd lose count! "Down, up...97...down, up...98...down, up...99. Down, up...100!" His arms gave way beneath himself and the alien flattened onto the grass with a fwomp though he was quick to pick himself back up off the grass and brush aside any blades that came with him. "May I have a drink of water, sir?"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:36 am

And not even so much as a whiny plea for air... Colour the ghoul mildly surprised - pleasantly so.

"That isss enough," Judge Fear hissed, raising a gangrenous hand. "You have adequately sssatisssfied your dynamic ssstretches for the day." Did you appreciate the agonizing burn in your limbs, cadet? The Dark Judge knew he did. Moving onward with Kev's training, he procured two very heavy weights from a nearby grassy pile beside the alien's glasshouse. As with before, during week four's progress, the bar kept being raised ever higher. Thud! Hear that, cadet? That was the glorious sound of your pending demise. Nah, but one could dream. There was a miniature earthquake and the weights found themselves effortlessly rolled forward, stopping just short of Kev's curious feet. "Pick them up," the fiend demanded. If the alien was wondering why these blasted things were so gosh darn solid, it's because... well, they are. In fact, these damn things were heavy enough to kill a person. Ah, more wishful thinking. "Congratulationsss, cadet. You've now been approved to work with 21 kilogramsss." Sarcasm, or...? "Asss with before, I want double your previousss regimen. No breaksss, no half-finissshed jobsss, and done to your count."

"May I have a drink of water, sir?"

Eh? Oh yes, yes...

A hand was rolled and Metus immediately obeyed. "Yesss, you may." But don't take too long, you hear? There was a schedule to keep and you weren't getting any bonus points for failing to accomplish today's demanding tasks. Something plastic and cool found its way into Kev's hands, the Great Dane happily panting.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:27 am

Judge Fear raised a hand and deemed what he'd done to be enough for his stretches. The stretches definitely worked, his body felt properly limber and ready to lift. Maybe a little bit sore, but otherwise, ready for more. Next up would be weight training, and the Judge pulled out new dumbbells. Just like last time, weight had been added, and the alien stared as the dumbbell made a heavy thud noise upon being set down on the ground. Those were...pretty thick looking dumbbells. The dumbbells were rolled over towards Kev's feet and the Judge swiftly demanded that he pick them up, the alien reaching down to wrap his fingers around each one. He lifted, breathing out as he flexed his arms and allowed for the weight to sit in his hand, testing the heaviness. It felt kinda heavy, but his muscles didn't feel like they were going to give out either. Tense from the added weight, but that was it! Color him surprised, though perhaps not too surprised since he'd taken to using his leisure hour and Sundays to practice with the weights. "21?" He'd started with seven kilograms, before moving up to 14, and now he had 21 kilograms to lift. Going with this pattern, the next upgrade would probably be 28 kilograms. This workout regimen was also to be doubled, with no breaks, no half arsed attempts, and he'd be doing it on his own count. Kev nodded his head and was about to begin before the Judge elected to let him have water. Kev set down his dumbbells and took the bottle from Metus' mouth gladly, unscrewing the top and pulling off a glove. He poured water into his own hand and relished in the smooth coolness. Mmm...satisfaction. Alas, there was work to be done. He held the water bottle out for Metus to grab, giving the dog a pat on the head, before the dumbbells were grabbed and he went to work.

First was the side lateral raise, Kev assumed the position and held his arms out to his sides, fingers gripping the dumbbells snuggly. Taking a steady breath in, Kev then let the breath out as he lifted his arms up and out to his sides, breathing in again as he lowered them back down. There was only a slight pause before his arms were back up again. The change in weight was barely noticed for this lift, and Kev was able to work his way through it without anything worth complaining about. It was simple enough. Next up was squat alternating dumbbell press, and this exercise needed a tweaking in his form and position. Kev adjusted his feet, spreading them apart, before he brought his hands up to hold the weights securely over his shoulders. Hands still gripping them tightly, Kev began to squat down, waiting until his thighs were about parallel to the ground, before he moved back up. As soon as he had reached his starting position, he flexed one arm upwards. Squatting down again, he simultaneously flexed his arm downwards as well, and as he moved his way back up, he flexed his alternating arm up as well. He kept his breathing steady, and his grip tight, though his pace for this exercise was a lot slower and more measured. The alien didn't want to trip or even tip over...he took his time before reaching his final squat. He shuffled, bringing his feet closer together as he turned his hands around so that his palms faced the front. The next exercise was the alternating dumbbell curve, and it was a rather simple one to do. Starting with the left arm, he flexed his forearm up, breathing out as he did so. The muscles tensed and even trembled at some points at the very apex of his flex, but he worked his way through it to finish the reps. He took his time with this exercise as well. Halfway done with his exercises, he was itching for a break. He couldn't though, not yet. He still had more to do.

Standing overhead dumbbell triceps extension was next, and he would only need one dumbbell for this one. Kev leaned down and set one on the grass. The remaining dumbbell, he grabbed with both hands and adjusted the way his hands held it before he was holding it the correct way. He'd have to be careful with this one, he remembered hitting himself in the head last time. Not enough to do any damage, but it smarted. Keeping that in mind, the alien was slow and hesitant as he moved the dumbbell behind his head and neck, arms folding into place and locking up tightly. Kev's eyes closed briefly as he took a deep breath in before he let the same breath out and began to lift upwards, moving the dumbbell up and keeping a steady grip on it. He breathed in and edged the dumbbell down slowly, being mindful of his own head, before lifting it up once again. A few times, the dumbbell touched the edged of his scaly dome that was covered in a yarn hat. A few stray bits of fabric clung onto the dumbbell's rougher edges, but otherwise the dumbbell passed by Kev's head without any blood or bruises! Sorry, Judge Fear. Maybe next time! Soon he had reached the end, which Kev was very grateful for, and Kev moved that dumbbell to one hand while he reached down to pick up the other one. The alternating dumbbell front raise was next. Kev assumed the position, palms facing his sides, before he flexed one arm upwards and outwards, in a motion almost like he were bowling. Alternating between his arms was rather easy to do, and although the motion still felt a little odd, it was nice to move his arms in a different way and allow some certain other muscles a chance for rest. Keeping his breathing in check, he paced himself to finish this exercise with only a few muscle trembles. Last of all was the standing bent-over two-arm dumbbell triceps extension. Probably the weirdest of the positions, Kev assumed it none the less. Hunching over with his knees bent slightly, he kept his arms bent over as he took in a deep breath. Letting it out, he flexed his arms backwards as far as they could go, before bringing his hands back in again. It was an easy enough motion, though his back was beginning to ache by the end of it from the odd, hunched position. Still, he paced himself carefully and tried not to rush. Rushing made for an awful job. Only when he reached his final count did the alien straighten his pose again and set the weights down. He rubbed his arms over, but was intrigued to find that they weren't nearly as sore as they had been when he began, nor when the weights had first changed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:12 am