Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Re: The Book Thief

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:12 pm

It was a good thing no test jumpsuits were available, because undoubtedly, the yaojing would see them as a fashion disaster. It also looked like it would be stuffy and awfully troublesome to make bathroom visits in.

Xiao was both relieved and disappointed to learn that there would be no fancy clothes involved. On one paw, she did not have to contend with the Ladybot’s rather critical eye about any potential fashion choices, and on the other paw, she had been rather hoping to show off some of her more prettier dresses in her wardrobe. Nonetheless, Xiao Xiao made several mental sticky notes to herself to place a few spells on a few choice pieces of clothing, just in case she needed to very, very, VERY quickly change into something else when she arrived at GLaDOS’ place. She also made a note to put a spell on her sleepwear, just in case a sleepover was in order and to stock up on potential sleepover things (popcorn was a must) and place spells on those too for instant summoning if the need arise. Huh, should she bring alcohol? Xiao wasn’t too fond of alcohol, but the few sleepovers she had with Ryoko had alcohol being consumed at some point so maybe it was a must?

Actually, did GLaDOS even drink alcohol? No, did she even eat? A drunk Ladybot sounded both interesting and like it would be a pain to deal with….

“Your house? Oooo,” she cooed. “I’m looking forward to it even more then! Please do speak up if you need help with anything. I’m not very good with electronically thingies, but I did help fix the Palace when I’d broken parts of it once. I can paint! Or, I can put up curtains! Do you have curtains? Should I make you curtains? I can also arrange flowers (not professionally), tidy kitchen cupboards, sweep, hoover or mop floors too!"
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Well, in spite of GLaDOS's vagueness, her potential test subject was still being agreeable--or as agreeable as she could be expected to be. That was probably one of the easiest subjects she'd had to persuade; many of the scientists weren't nearly so agreeable and required some... prodding. (Fortunately for the creature, this was neither necessary nor possible for GLaDOS to do at the moment.)

"Oh no, I can take care of everything myself." Except acquire a house--that would require some more looking into later. But she wouldn't be bothering the creature about that, or it would probably never leave her alone. "You need not bring anything but yourself. I will take care of the rest. I am not fully sure when I will have everything prepared, but you can be certain that I will inform you as soon as everything is ready."

Hopefully that would be soon. GLaDOS had to get out of this place.

"I will see you another time. I look forward to... what we have planned."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:15 pm

“Oh no, no. Please take as much time as you need,” said Xiao with a wave of her hands. She completely understand how it was to make a house presentable to receive guests. She did not receive guests often (if at all) in the Palace but whenever her best friend came over for whatever reason, she always made sure the place was spick and span for her. How on earth can you expect to reflect that Lord Vaati was a fantastic master to have when you don’t make his palace look as pristine as his hair?

Again, she was assured that she did not need to bring anything. Xiao Xiao nodded, but secretly, she was plotting for all the things to be ready just in case. In fact, she was starting to wonder where and how exactly she could procure a chocolate fountain and whether GLaDOS liked marshmallows or not.

But before the Ladybot could run, Xiao reached out and grabbed her by her metal casing again. She did, however, learned by now that the robot didn’t really like being touched so she withdrew her hands instantly once she was sure her friend had stopped. “Wait, how am I to know? How would you contact me? I mean, I come the library only once every two weeks or so and there is no guarantee I will bump into you. I don’t have a phone-thingie either and I don’t really know what kind of communication things Lord Vaati have in the palace. And unlike me, I guess you can’t just sniff me out… Oh wait, wait! I’ll give you one of my magic message papers things.”

Xiao clapped her hands together to summon a peach coloured note pad. She tore a sheet of paper out from it and hand it to the robot.

“You write, yes? I’ve enchanted this notepad. Any pages in it can be used to send messages to me. Just write on it, fold along the dotted lines to make a paper plane and throw it out into the open air. Ideally, I like paper cranes more, but planes are easier to make guidelines for and could fit all paper sizes. It’ll then magically fly to…. ” She checked the back of her notepad to see where she assigned the destination for this particular block of stationery. “My home! I even worked out a charm spell to make the paper waterproof once in the air too…. but you might not want to test it out in heavy rain just in case.”
    GLaDOS
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by GLaDOS on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:05 pm

GLaDOS had been turning to leave, but paused mid-hover when the Science experiment called out to her again. What was it now?

...Oh.

Back in Aperture, GLaDOS could just speak to whomever she wanted to talk to, and her voice would be broadcast to that part of her facility. She wasn't used to having to actually seek people out, unless she was dealing with a runaway test subject--which wasn't the case here, of course. She supposed she could find out where the creature lived and travel out there, but that could take up a lot of time.

When the creature proposed using some sort of "magic" paper, however, GLaDOS's faceplate gave a slight tip downward. If it actually worked, then it wasn't some "magical" nonsense--it was probably some form of advanced technology. Perhaps it would be useful to study later... though if she were only given one sheet, and she needed to use that sheet to contact her test subject, that couldn't be done. Oh well--perhaps some other time.

"Yes, I can write," she said, accepting the paper with a claw and looking it over. "This seems like quite a useful item... Anyway, I can send you a note once everything is ready." With that, she drew her claw back up into her hover unit, storing the paper in there. "I believe we have everything worked out. This will be... fun."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:11 pm

Had Xiao known her robot friend wanted more of her letter paper, she would have happily given her the whole block. Unfortunately for GLaDOS, Xiao required the obviousness of a sledgehammer to realise and understand things so no additional stationery was dished out today.

The squirrel was, however, delighted to hear the robot regarded her paper as useful. Oh yes, they were, she was about to chirrup but politely stopped her runaway mouth in time. Oh no, if she agreed, wouldn’t it be like she was patting herself on the back. No, no, she would not become that proud and vain of her magic skills.

They weren’t very good at all. Instead, Xiao Xiao latched onto the latter thing the robot said. “Yes, yes, this will be very fun indeed! I’m looking forward to it a lot! I will definitely keep an eye out for your note! I’ll see you then… er… then?”

Her arms reached out as if wanting to press a parting hug on her friend, but decided against it. She waved cheerily with both hands instead. “See you soon, I hope!”

Then she went back to magicking her book back out the window. Soon after, once the book was safe, she climbed out the window as well, exiting the library and finally leaving it in peace and quiet once more.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:46 am