Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Carrion Eaters

Post by Bloodscream on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Time: 12:00 AM
    Date: 2/17/15

Dark and Cold. That was Bloodscreams world currently, always lurking in the shadows, licking his wounds, tasting blood on his tongue. He wondered when was the last time he had actually seen the sun. Rage bubbled up underneath the surface, simmering, magma beneath the thin crust of the Earth. The clock was ticking and it was only a matter of time. Doomsday. The end times. Something would give eventually, something would break and something would come crumbling down.

The only question was...what would it be?

Like a nightmare or a shade the mercenary stalked the streets. No steam came from his breath, only the faintest of gleams of silver could be seen in the dark when the rust colored street lamps cast their faint luminescence into the shadows. Doom and destruction. Old blood and new. What could be found in this place? How long before the timer hit zero? Bloodscream was unsure, and so he stalked, looking for any sign that the end was upon them.

How long?

Simon Ashby
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Carrion Eaters

Post by Simon Ashby on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:16 am

There's a light tapping echoing from the opposite side end of the street like fine, heeled shoes against the pavement. Simon deliberately avoids the faint light from the street lamps, still unsure about the city and its inhabitants.

He casts his pale eyes back and forth across the street with the doctor's bag clutched tightly in his black tipped hand, wondering if creatures such as he existed wherever he was. Things he had never heard or seen before seemed to make this city their home; perhaps they were edible.

He had no time to bring blood of his own, only empty glass bottles he had intended to fill in the blood river running in the Underworld, though had had no such luck.
    Simon sniffs the air as he walks, having a sense of smell despite his nose having rotted away long ago.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:43 pm

No what was this? The faintest of tapping reached Bloodscreams ears, someone was walking across the way. Bloodscream looked over, peering out of the dark and caught the faintest glimpse of something. There was always suspicious activity going on in the outer district, free from ISO law the citizens were free to commit crimes to their hearts content. The gangs of the outer district had become familiar images in his mind, their outfits, their walks, their mannerisms.

This body though, this body was not familiar to him. Bloodscream sniffed the air and smelled the strong odor of death and rot. That was far more suspicious than normal, Bloodscream changed his direction and followed after the smell.

He kept to the shadows and quietly stalked along.
    Simon Ashby
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Simon Ashby on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:29 pm

The body weaves in and out of alleys as he continues down the street. Eventually, however, the wind turns and Simon stops in the middle of a step.

The Samedi snaps around hands reaching for blades where there are none. Instead he takes off both his gloves as he surveys the area he had passed through.

"I smell you." he says out loud- but not too loud, he didn't wish to draw unwanted attention. He puts down the bag and places it between his feet, making sure he can feel it so he will notice if it is gone.

"Are you following me?"

Last edited by Simon Ashby on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:30 pm

The smell of rot, the smell of death. That which dripped from the body of the Judge, which marked everywhere he went. If this was to be the Judge Bloodscream would cut him down for daring to enter his district. For causing so much trouble. He follows the stench for some time until the body finally stops, turning around and allowing Bloodscream to see that it is not the Judge at all, but rather what appears to be a completely different walking corpse.

I smell you.

It could smell? Bloodscream observed the corpse a moment longer, waiting to see if it would break. Taking a single step forward the mercenary revealed himself, his weapons very much present and accounted for unlike Simon's. Though his swords remained sheathed for now. "Greetings." The immortal tilted his head ever so slightly, by his accent one could determine that he, much like Simon, was also from England.
    Simon Ashby
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Simon Ashby on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:57 am

The walking corpse looks him over, carefully and judging, especially eyeing his weapon. This one did not look like someone to play around.
    Simon keeps a steady eye on the stranger, attempting to casually remove his gloves. The Samedi flexes his fingers, causing them to pop and crack; he hopes the stalker will assume they are weapons as well.

With a scrape of his now somewhat dirty shoes, he clenches the bag tighter beneath him and hurriedly glances down to make sure the metal clasp holding it closed remains intact.

"Greetings." Simon responds bluntly. "You don't appear very surprised. Who and what are you, if I may be so bold?"
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Over six hundred years had done well to teach Bloodscream that just because one behaved docile did not mean that they would remain so. Many a ruthless killer, himself included, had impeccable manners. He watched the corpses movements carefully, weighing its movements to judge whether or not they would become hostile. Truthfully, if the corpse had no intentions of poking the fire that was already burning within the outer district, Bloodscream had no reason to hurt it.

"Given the circumstances, mayhap it would be best if thou were to give thy name and reason for being here first. I cannot recall a corpse of your likeness before, but then, there are always those who slip through the cracks.

Always new blood coming in or going out, once Bloodscream had been better attuned to the frequency of new arrivals. But since laying claim to the outer district his schedule had become more and more turbulent. Security was not the easiest thing to establish in such a place as this.
    Simon Ashby
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Simon Ashby on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:20 am

Simon squints at the person opposite of him, watching him just as closely. He knew the power of names, he frequently used it in his line of work- both as a Necromancer and as an assassin. And this was not someone he would trust with his name, who knew what they could do...

"Cornelius. Cornelius Benjamin." Simon responds, making an effort to look and sound casual while still remaining aware of his surroundings. He glances up and down the street, his glassed over eyes almost turning separate ways.
    "So, you've met other corpses, have you? What is your name? And your intentions?"
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Oh yes, there was quite a bit of power in names. Especially for one such has him, one who had been stuck on this infernal plane for oh so long. Six years. Almost anyways. Oh how the time just flew here.

"Cornelius. Cornelius Benjamin."

But were you truthfully? Bloodscream doubted that this corpse was a fool, and he could feel the tension in the air. Like a snake that might perhaps strike, or a bird that was getting ready to take flight. There was very little trust to be found here. The fact that the other was so good at hiding it just set off warning bells in Bloodscreams head. "You may call me Zachariah, I am a mercenary in these parts. And yes actually, it is not all that uncommon for the dead or even stranger to wander among the living in these parts. You are freshly arrived?"
    Simon Ashby
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Simon Ashby on Tue May 26, 2015 11:28 am

"Well, a pleasure to meet you, Zachariah." The corpse responds, plainly and flatly. "I suppose I can't very easily hide that, hm? I am indeed... freshly arrived."
    Fresh was a way he rarely described himself. It was a way he rarely described anything, actually.

"Maybe I will feel more at home than I thought." Simon adds, just as flatly, after considering what Zachariah had told him. "Seeing how I am freshly arrived, you wouldn't mind telling me about this place, perhaps?."
    Before his conversational partner could reply, the Samedi holds up a finger in the air, as if to stop him.
    "And I think, most importantly, whether or not there is a graveyard nearby."
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:07 am

"Likewise,"  the mercenary responded in kind. His tone even and unwavering, much like Cornelius. "And yes, it is fairly obvious. None other really has your unique appearance."

So the new arrival wished to know about the city did he? "You are currently in the outer district of Portal City. I would advice you to proceed with caution, the inner city is protected by special guardians, making all crime illegal within the inner city parameters. But out here they have no jurisdiction, so I would recommend treading lightly. " He paused and allowed the undead to soak up those details.

"You may find sustenance in the sanctuary in the center of the city, as well as find a place of residence at the stock pot inn, both are free for newly arrived citizens. However I would warn you of the sanctuary, tread lightly, or you may just end up making more enemies than friends...as for a graveyard, there is one further out into the forest in that direction."

Bloodscream pointed off in the direction of the graveyard. "Another thing, I shall warn you that your powers are likely to be less than they were in your world, newly arrived citizens are often weaker than what they were before they arrived."[/color][/color]
    Simon Ashby
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Simon Ashby on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:53 am

"None have my appearance? Then what manner of corpses are they?" Simon touches one of his sharp teeth that he never retracted. "Unless you are referring to my... less common features. And if the sanctuary is within the inner city, I assume it is being watched over by these 'special guardians' as well?"

Simon's eyes dart to the side as Zachariah points, attempting to make a mental note of where he had pointed. It was near futile, as he was terrible with directions.
    His mismatched eyes roll back to the pale stranger, judging him.
    "You assume I intend to break your laws? And, may I ask... how long have you been here exactly?"

Without swords and without powers. He wouldn't just need to tread lightly in the inner city, but everywhere else as well.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:26 pm

"None have my appearance? Then what manner of corpses are they?"

"Their own manner, some more human than others. You shall see if you should meet them." The immortal regarded the undead's sharp teeth and frosted over stare "You assume correctly, everything within the inner city limits, including the sanctuary, fall under the ISO's protection."

"You assume I intend to break your laws? And, may I ask... how long have you been here exactly?"

"Whatever your business, I would think you would appreciate knowing what possible dangers lay ahead of you. As one denizen of this world to another. From someone who has been here too long, to one who has just arrived." The pale man looked about, the night was still young, but Bloodscream still had things he had to do. "Whether your choice should be the inn or the graveyard, it is best that you hurry along your way. Night will not hold forever, and it would be best for you to find someplace soon. This place is full of danger, and if you are unwise you will find yourself trampled beneath the march of others."

Simon Ashby
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Simon Ashby on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:20 am

"Then I hope to meet them soon- perhaps they could be of help." He removes his hand from the fang and adds: "Not that you have not been helpful."
    Wouldn't want to seem rude of course, it could end badly.

"It is appreciated, though I have not seen many souls- or otherwise, about. Is this area surely so fraught with dangers?" He pauses and regards the stranger with a glance before looking in the general direction of the graveyard.
    "I shan't keep you then. 'Til we meet again, Zachariah."

He begins turning away, but still seems to be very much on his guard. When he leaves, it is quietly as to hear any pursuers.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 am