650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Nascence [Week 1 - 3]

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Time: 0525
    Date: 01/19/0005

Today is the day.

Today is the day where Kev will regret everything.

But first... he has to wake up.

Clack, clack, clack! 

Hardened nails zipped up the stairs, something at home within the cottage's murky darkness. A monster, perhaps? Or a boogeyman here to feast? Things were much harder to discern in the absence of warm, protecting light. Whatever it was, the unseen creature lumbered its way through the humble abode and occasionally disturbed the quiet air with wet, generous sniffs. Nothing interested its fancy and it resumed its light, noisy saunter toward the master bedroom, where an unsuspecting soul was fast, fast asleep...

Not for much longer.

Alas, no mission was without its pitfalls. The master bedroom's door knob, of all the things, posed as a troubling obstacle for the skulking brute, an anxious whine escaping its throat. Nature had never intended for those without opposable thumbs to master such a thing, had she? No matter, however. Large teeth gently bit down upon the metal, the taste largely unappetizing, and the growling creature turned its head this way and that experimentally. A copious amount of drool helped the process along. Click! Ah, the gratifying sound of success... A wet snout gently pushed aside the door and the creature invited itself further inside, eyes twinkling in the groom.  

Pant, pant, pant!

Who was that laying there, still nestled between several warm, heavy sheets?

As if guided by an unseen hand, the creature rested its heavy chin upon the side of a bed and huffed. Warm, spent air penetrated the ebbing night's cold, yet nothing beneath the covers stirred. That was simply unsatisfying.

So it jumped - every inch of fur and muscle - onto the bed proper in one graceful leap. Ah, now things were level. Pleased with its new vantage point, the creature tentatively felt this new, cushioned surface with a paw as it made its way toward the bed's sole occupant. Careful, now, careful... It paused every so often, as still as a statue, whenever there was unexpected movement. Closer, now, closer... A tail wagged, pointed ears swiveling. Smell... It can smell him! Happiness flooded the creature's mind and driblets of warm, loving slobber fell upon the covers like gooey, viscous raindrops. Oh how badly did it want to whine, burying its snout into his friend's face. The creature straddled the body beneath it and licked its chops, trying its hardest not to pant.

No, not yet.

It patiently remained waiting, eyes trained.

Whiiiiiiine...

Just a lick - a small one! Please oh please! Maybe two licks - three!

And as the clock struck that magical point, big hand resting down at the bottom, the creature's excitement could handle it no further. It threw back its large head and - "A-A-AWOOOOOOOOOO!" - howled, its cry deep and startling. Delighted with how well it had obeyed the master's wishes, it promptly sat upon its friend and went straight to licking. Oh yes, oh yes! You are awake now, friend? You are, you are! Are you happy!? I am happy! I am so, so happy! I'm so happy I could... I could lick you some more!

Truly, the life of a dog was the greatest in all the world; though a cat may disagree...
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nascence [Week 1 - 3]

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Ah, sleep. Was there anything as satisfying and heavenly as pure sleep? It may take a while to get it started but oh...once you fell into sleep's loving embrace, it was hard to tear away. Having a pretty terrible sleeping schedule probably had something to do with it as well. Either way, the Kryptonistanian was in a deep, dreamless sleep when a certain beast prowled around the place. Nestled between the sheets and covered in a quilt, the alien was content to spend the rest of his life nestled inside the covers. It was like a nice warm cave, a refuge from the cold outside that was seeping into the cottage. The noise of the doorknob jiggling made him stir, re-positioning his arms and head, but otherwise the noise was waved aside. That wasn't a cause for concern, right?

Something jumped onto the bed, but when one lives with several animals, the feeling of something joining you in bed was accustomed, so long as no stray claws prodded his sensitive bits. Again, he shuffled about in bed and even nuzzled his pillow in his sleep. "Mmm..." No amount of dribble, no wet nose was going to jostle Kev out of his sleep. The beast's impatience was unnoticed as the minutes ticked by, until finally...

A DEATH KNELL wrote:"A-A-AWOOOOOOOOOO!"

"NYAH!" Like a very unwelcome alarm clock, howling filled the air. Although the originator had stopped howling, the sound was echoed by the other dogs in the cottage. Kev moved to get up, only to find that he was pinned beneath a furry body. "Metus-!" A warm, slobbery tongue began to lick his face incessantly, the alien turning his face this way and that. "Metus, no, stoooop!" His shoulders wriggled before finally managing to free his arms from the oppression of Metus and the sheets. "I'm awake, I'm awake!" He began to pet and stroke the dog, hoping that giving him some affection would make him calm down. Now what had gotten into him-...!

The alien jerked up a bit, though still found himself unable to climb out of bed, thanks to Metus. It was the first day of training! The beginning of the next few months...an anxious type of excitement built up in him at the thought. The alien continued to stroke Metus' large furry neck, giving extra special attention to the spots behind his ears. "I gotta get up Metus, I promise I won't go back to sleep!" As tempting as it was to slip back in the sheets and sleep, that howl had shocked him enough that, for the moment at least, he was awake and aware. Also, Judge Fear would definitely give him a thumping if he missed the first day of training. Best not ire that temper...

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:53 am

Awake! You were awake! Oh I am so happy to see that you are awake!

Between the stroking and the loving attention behind the Great Dane's pointed ears, Metus was simply overjoyed. He let loose an anxious whine and rested his large head upon Kev's chest, taut muscles relaxing at last. Alas, alas... As wonderful as all of this was, and to be near a good friend, the dog knew better. He lightly huffed and licked the alien's scaly one more time before getting up and leaping off the bed. His mission was complete, but the master was always giving him new tasks. Again, Metus groaned. The large dog moseyed toward an unoccupied corner in the master bedroom, left of the door, and sat upon his ebony haunches. A new mission, yes. A new mission... He yawned once and resumed his gentle panting, sleepy eyes trained upon Kev.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Kev couldn't help but let out a small 'aaw' when Metus laid his head to rest on Kev's chest. It was a big ole head, boxy and practically as wide as Kev's actual chest. The dog really was very sweet, especially for his size. "Who's a good boy~? Who woke me up like a champ~? You did, yes you did~" The alien cooed, scratching Metus right between the eyes before the dog gave him one last lick and leapt off of the bed. Now free, the alien at upwards and used the sleeves of his pajama shirt to wipe away the slobber. Almost hesitant to leave the warmth of his bed, he nevertheless swung his legs over the side of the bed and stretched his arms this way and that, numerous cracks and groans elicited from his body. "Mrrgh..." Once his body felt sufficiently stretched out, he stood up and wandered over to the cupboard next to his bed, grabbing a bit of parchment that laid open it.

His eyes briefly scanned the notice again before he looked to the one that held his scheduling. Grooming and morning chow...thankfully, it wasn't like he had to brush hair or teeth to be all 'groomed', so that would be easy. Kev placed the parchment down again and remade his bed though he noticed that Metus was still in the room. In fact, he was lingering in the corner and watching him intently. "Making sure I won't break my promise, huh?" Hmm, but he couldn't very well get dressed with Metus watching him the whole time. Kev tiptoed to the closet and opened the door, turning the little light bulb on the ceiling on before shutting the door behind himself and putting on his usual clothes. He leaned himself on the door in order to pull his boots on, but soon enough he came out of the closet. "There..." He rolled up his sleeves however, giving his scales a once over to make sure nothing was out of place, brushing a few stray scales off to be swept up later. Once satisfied, he gave a small nod and turned to Metus. "Let's go downstairs, huh?" He started towards the door, lingering by it for a moment to see if Metus would follow.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Heavy Discussion of the Canine Soul:

Metus was positively on cloud nine, but he had a mission to satisfy. Though his friend had not taken forever and a day to get dressed, what Kev decided to wear had the dog's head cocking off to the side. That's... That's all? Another anxious whine, followed by a low groan. Too late to slip into better clothes, however. The master was expecting them any moment! Metus at once got off his furry rump and followed Kev to the bedroom door, gently bumping past the alien to lead the way downstairs. Come, friend, come! The kitchen awaits you.

WHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

A jarring noise to spook even the bravest of souls. Down below in the kitchen moved a towering soul - a dark soul. A thin layer of wispy mist covered the tiling and the temperature was not for the faint of heart. Still, not all was lost. In the corner of the kitchen, tethered to a nearby electrical socket, was a heating lamp. For the last hour it had been working diligently, combating the tides of a chill most unnatural. Such a hearty little thing. "Woof!" barked Metus. He left Kev's side and eagerly walked to his master, where a gangrenous hand rewarded the faithful pooch with several deep, thorough scratches right down to the skin. "Yesss, you have done well, Metusss," rasped a sinister voice, a hiss prevalent. No matter his master's dubious origins or his intentions, the dog licked his chops and nervously directed his muzzle at Kev. "Oh? Isss that right? I sssee, I sssee..." Nothing was elaborated further.

Finished with a certain breakfast smoothie, Judge Fear, one of four Dark Judges tasked with the elimination of all life, at last turned around to better stare at the tinier, unimposing alien before him. An iron helm prevented Kev from discerning any visible expression, human or otherwise. "Sssit," the ghoul ordered, indicating with a spindly corpse finger for the alien to have a seat. The space heater thrummed not too far away. As soon as Kev had, he shambled over and carried a bowl of... well, sludge was just too negative.

"Bananasss, variousss fruit juicesss, yogurt, and low-fat milk," Judge Fear explained. There was a hearty - slop! - as the bowl was set down. "You will eat thisss and you will like it, do you underssstand me?" Well, Kev, you heard the undead fiend. Drink up! You're going to need every ounce you could get.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:25 pm

What a vocal doggy Metus was today. "What?" Well, it wasn't like Metus could really answer...Kev chalked it up to the dog wanting to hurry him along, shrugging to himself. The Great Dane made his way down the stairs first, leading him along. The alien followed behind, giving a slight wince at the loud grinding noise. The blender, no doubt...Fear had insisted on giving Kev an actual diet of food, and that meant he had three months of blended food to look forward to. It wasn't bad, necessarily. Just...different. Into the kitchen Kev stepped, though his attention was drawn more to the ominous mist that swirled above the tiles, rather than the imposing figure standing in his kitchen. Attempting to prod the mist with a foot, he only glanced up when he heard Fear speak to Metus. Wonder what they were talking about...

To go with the mist, the kitchen definitely felt a bit chillier than it usually was. Thankfully the chilliness was offset by a space heater and a sun lamp. It was certainly enough for now, no need to put any fire in the fireplace just yet. As for his thicker clothing, he could put that on before they go outside to work out. Discussion with the dog apparently finished, Judge Fear turned to face the alien, Kev standing there and feeling rather...small. "Alright." As directed by the finger, the alien shuffled over to the table, claiming the chair nearest to the space heater as his own. Mmm, that warmth...

With a sloppy plop, a thick, pasty gruel was set before Kev, the alien giving the mound a stare. Fruit juices were fine, among his favorites in fact! Milk and yogurt, he'd never...been a fan of. Both were made from taking milk from a cow and doing things with it, it was just strange! And then...bananas. Oh, bananas...the alien winced and almost tried to turn away from the slop, only to be commanded to consume the food and like it. How foreboding... "Hahaha...understood, Fear. Sir. Sir Fear. Fear sir?" His head tilted briefly before working pulling off both of his gloves and tentatively sliding both hands inside the goop. Oh goodness it was so wet and gross... "Y-yum! Delicious! Yummy yummy in my tummy~!" The past week of fluffiness and cuddles were definitely on hold. The next three months were all business.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:37 am

"Hahaha...understood, Fear. Sir. Sir Fear. Fear sir?"

You know what they say about looks that kill...

Ancient bone creaked and popped, Judge Fear's ghastly fingers curling. He either took great offense to Kev's disregard for the proper instructor-instructee etiquette, or he was highly disapproving of the alien's sing-song. Whatever it could be, the Dark Judge let his displeasure be known by enveloping Kev in an asphyxiating psychic shroud. Feeling a little sick today, aren't we? The uneasy sensation vanished as fast as it had arrived, and the towering ghoul promptly left Kev to his morning chow. "You have twenty minutesss to eat," he rasped, not allowing much in the form of verbal communication. "Not a sssecond more and not a sssecond lessss. Meet me in the backyard when you are finissshed. Do not forget your mannersss." And then he was gone, the mist cluttering the kitchen floor dissipating into thin air. Dark Judges, oi.

As for Kev's breakfast smoothie, well... It didn't taste so bad? A little fruity and still very much like bananas, but it was rather enjoyable as far as texture was concerned. Sweet, too! Kev would have very little trouble digesting his meal, though he may find the milk and yogurt things to be desired. At least it wasn't whole milk...

Metus whined and took a seat next to Kev, quietly panting. He'll be right beside you, friend!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:58 pm

The Judge's fingers curled audibly, the alien stiffening up at the sound of it and giving him a wary look. Maybe just stick with Sir...or Judge Fear? Hadn't really answered which he preferred, did he? An almost strangling sort of feeling enveloped his mind for a moment, three guesses where that originated from. And the first two don't count. "Nnargh..." His fingers curled into the blended food mixture at the feeling, and just as fast as it came, it disappeared. The alien glanced up as the ghoul gave his...commands? 20 minutes to 'eat', then he was to go out to the backyard and...not forget his manners? Kev's face turned quizzical at that, before nodding at Fear as he left, mist going with him. "20 minutes..." He turned his gaze to the mixture of food on his bowl, moving his hands around in it slightly to really get it absorbed through the pores. It was definitely very fruity, the bananas stood out most of all, but it was also almost...pleasing? The creaminess reminded him of some of the thicker soups he'd consumed, such as the soup Judge Fear himself had brought to the shop! Thick, full of flavor, and not too pleasing, despite it.

Kev cast a brief glance down at Metus, he'd pet you, except then you'd be covered in food! And then the food might get some dog hair in it...ugh. Grossness all around, and then Judge Fear would be even more displeased. Instead, he hummed to himself and kicked his feet a bit as his scales 'did its thing'.The minutes came and went, and the bowl was practically empty. "Finished~! With a few minutes to spare, too!" He stood up from his seat, wiped his hands on a napkin, and placed his bowl in the sink. The most curious thing however, was that when he tried to go back up the stairs, Metus would block his way! As if the Great Dane refused to let him go back up the stairs! He needed to go back up there, to get properly dressed and get his list! The alien tried his best to sneak around him, attempting to trick him and even climb up and around the dog, but Metus was as stubborn as his owner. Eventually giving up and scurrying out the side door, dodging past the wicker furniture on the patio and coming to a stop on the grass outside. Though it only took a few moments for the cold to really hit him, arms hugging themselves around himself and pulling his cape closer. It was dark, and cold outside...his eyes blinked several times to adjust to the lighting.

"M-metus wouldn't let me go back to my room to get warmer clothes..."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Kev will be soon to learn that having a few minutes to spare was never going to be enough. And, as Metus so expertly demonstrated, the alien was going to have the sole misfortune of starting his training on an even worse footing. Looming like a shadowy spook in the backyard stood an ominous Dark Judge, an impenetrable chill surrounding his decrepit body. Though the alien could never tell what facial expressions the ghoul was capable of, he didn't need the use of his eyes in order to find out.

"Do you know what time it isss, cadet?" Judge Fear was, as predictably, irate.

He tapped at his bony wrist with a hardened fingernail, pointing to a figurative watch. "It isss 0601. You are late, cadet. The penalty for being tardy for your morning fitnessss isss ten pusssh-upsss. Drop and assssume the posssition." Admittedly, such a punishment was obscenely light in comparison to what a real cadet had to suffer through. But the alien was no cadet, however, nor was he sacrificing fifteen years of his life to have the honour of wearing a badge. Lucky him. As Kev got to complying with his instructor's orders and ceased rubbing those twiggy arms for warmth, Judge Fear humoured the former's previous confusion. "You know what I've read lately?" he hissed, tone borderline insincere. "I read that cold-blooded animalsss cannot readily generate their own body warmth. I alssso read that they require their outssside environsss to help assssissst in the processs. Ssso, for example, a cold-blooded creature would ssstruggle without consssidering the necessssary preparationsss during the harssssh winter morningsss. Hmm! I wonder where that leavesss you, cadet?" To make a long story short, Kev will not be permitted for a change of clothes. Why? Because he didn't think ahead. That was dangerous thinking, see.

That was thinking that got a cadet killed. And a dead cadet, even one such as the alien, was useless to the Dark Judges' virtuous agenda. "The ssssun will be up ssshortly," Judge Fear rasped. Very soon, in fact. "Another hour, cadet, and you will have itsss raysss to rectify your foolissssh missstake." Er... soon enough. "Now, your pusssh-upsss. On my count, cadet."

"Down."

This was going to be a loooong first day.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Judge Fear loomed like a lone scarecrow. As if it wasn't already chilly enough, the air surrounding Judge Fear was downright arctic! If there was one thing Kev learned from being around Judge Fear, it was that 'cold' plus 'Judge Fear' equals 'Unhappy Judge'. Cadet? "Um...6 o'clock?" The alien replied, tone more hopeful than confident. His eyes were trained on Fear's movements, watching him tap his wrist to indicate to...nothing in particular. If he didn't have a watch, how did he know it was 6:01? Psychic inner clock? "Late? But only by a minute!" Ten push-ups? In this weather?! "But...but..." With a groan, he complied. Reluctantly, his arms stopped hugging his chest and instead hugged the ground as he edged his way down into the wet, cold grass. "Nnnyaaargh..." Body now basically parallel to the ground, his arms were bent, waiting to be directed to start his push-ups. Though before that could start, it seems it was time for a...story?

So he'd read that cold-blooded animals could not produce their own heat, huh? "That's interesting." Kev commented. Nothing Fear was saying was particularly new to Kev, he lived with this knowledge. Plus, Fear's tone was rather...interesting. This was leading up to something bad, wasn't it? So when Fear's diatribe ended with an open-ended question directed at Kev, his gaze flew from the dewy grass to his drill instructor. "It probably leaves me to freeze to death. All the more reason for me to go inside and get something warm to wear, right?" Couldn't have a dead cadet, yes! He almost grew hopeful! If Judge Fear knew that Kev was coldblooded, that meant he'd let him go get a jacket! Right? Riiiight?

Judge Fear wrote:"Down."

"..." An hour til the sun comes up?! He couldn't be out here for an hour! "I'll probably freeze to death by then!" Okay, that might be an exaggeration. Kev had never actually been so...unprepared for cold weather like this before. Between the sun and his own clothing, it'd make training out here a bit better! Definitely not so terrible...but as it stands now? These long sleeves and the cape were not nearly enough to chase the cold away. Not at all. Alas, Judge Fear was serious. Very serious. He redirected his gaze to the dewy grass and sighed. "Down..." Flexing and bending his arms, he lowered himself to the cold grass, wincing at the feeling. Yet at the same time, it was so tempting to just flop over right now and laze in the grass! Hnngh, but that was not how push-ups worked. He had to go back up now...and, with slightly shaky arms, he pushed himself back into starting position! "One...!" This was going to be a long day indeed.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:47 pm

Only by a minute, squawked Kev.
    But... but, protested Kev.

Judge Fear simply glared at the alien and rasped in a straight, level tone, "You will freeze to death if you are lucky, cadet. Asss it ssso happensss, however, I know of a cadet who ssstupidly took hisss instructor'sss previousss warningsss for granted and assssumed that thingsss would be easssy. Are thingss easssy, cadet?" Another rhetorical question, another shining moment in Kev's life to further reflect upon with mild resentment. And speaking of shining moments, a second was about to rear its ugly head...

"One!"

"Where'sss the fire, cadet?" the Dark Judge demanded to know. "I wasssn't aware that my count included yoursss. Assssume the posssition, cadet, and thisss time lisssten to my inssstructionsss. Again, down."

Metus let out a soft whine as his master displayed no signs of remorse.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:51 pm

MMMMMMM yep, he was upset. Yep, yep. Yep. Everything from his tone to his demeanor to his gaze was just...mmm. Right off to a great start! Gods he hoped this wasn't what the next three months were going to be... "It's not that I took your warnings for granted, I just didn't think it'd be like this!" Get dressed immediately, who in the world would be able to tell that 'things are going to be rough, I will break you to rebuild you' meant 'put on all of your clothes immediately'? "But no, I suppose it's not easy..."

Kev glanced back up and blinked. Fire...? ...Tulsit, did he really screw up the very first push-up?! "I thought you wanted me to start on 'down', I didn't realize you were literally going to demand when I was up and down..." Was there some sort of instructional manual that he'd forgotten to read? As demanded, the alien resumed the position, glaring into the dirt. There, he was down! Down in the grass. With a cool breeze whipping by every so often...mmmmm. And this time he did not lift himself up.

"Alright, I am down uh..." Suppose if Fear was calling him 'cadet', he had to call Fear something back that wasn't 'Fear'. "...Siiiir?" He tried again, but without the added stuttering of Sir Fear- Fear Sir.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:33 pm

"Lessss yapping and more pussshing, cadet." Don't get the ghoul wrong, Kev. It's not that Judge Fear was upset. On the contrary, he was quite neutral of everything thus far. But, if he were to play the role of being the alien's instructor for at least three months' time, then something had to give. You know what else had to give? Kev's back.

As cruel as he was kind, the Dark Judge did not immediately give the 'up' command. Why should he? If his cadet, pseudo or not, had been complacent enough to assume and commit even the simplest of mistakes, he deserved to be punished for not thinking ahead. Such as it had been in Law School, where the tiniest of errors could mean the difference between life and death. It wasn't in the Dark Judges' best interests to have a dead cadet, now, was it? After a grueling five seconds of leaving Kev to shoulder the burden of gravity, Judge Fear finally relented. "Up," he hissed. The ghoul spoke not a thing after that, eyes intensely trained upon the alien's shivering back.

Perhaps he was expecting something...?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 am

Yapping, he could do less of. Yep, he shut his gob and merely kept to position, staring down at the grass. Pushing, though...? These were push-ups, right? If he were pushing, it'd be up! Also known as the direction Fear did not want him to go into just yet. However, as Kev held his body weight, nothing to support his body except for the very tips of his toes and the palm of his hands, he was beginning to really feel the strain. Ah, nope nope nope! Stay in position! And the position was definitely not touching the grass! Though he was really tempting to lower himself ever so slightly closer to the ground...

Nope! Resist the temptation! Resist it! When the word finally came, the mercy that could be held in a single word was almost dizzying, the alien pushed with all of his might, just as he had before! For a moment the alien floundered, about to lower himself back down into the down position, before remembering what happened when he went up before he was supposed to. Presumably he needed to stay up until Fear said down. His arms locked into place, supporting his body in the air! "Nnn..." Again, the cold air was biting at him, and holding his body up like this was very strenuous. The muscles of his arms were crying out, shaking from the cold and the work out, but the alien stubbornly refused to budge. He wasn't going to mess up for a third, or possibly fourth time! Seriously, how many times was it that he'd made a mistake now? He'd kinda lost count...

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 am

That's right, Kev - feel the burn. Quiver as your body cries out in pain! Judge Fear wouldn't be a true sadist at heart if he didn't take pleasure in watching the alien struggle. Things were only going to become worse from here on out, a fact that he positively relished. "Nnn...?" he hissed, repeating Kev's displeased grunt. It would be yet another mistake the alien will be reluctant to duplicate. "Lassst I checked, cadet, 'nnn' isss not a number recognized in the Englisssh language. Know what that meansss?" Of course you do, because errors were second nature and you didn't know how to follow even the most basic of instructions. "It meansss you get to assssume the posssition and ssstart all over. Down!"

A soft whine escaped Metus' throat and he laid down, head resting upon his forepaws sullenly. Sorry, friend...

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:30 am