Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

A request of godly proportions

Post by Sonia on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Time: 11:00 PM
    Date: 09/17/14

Late in the dark of the night was when she chose to leave her house, the voices of the horde filling her head, making up for the quiet of the night. Their whispers echoed back and forth, bouncing off the walls of her head as she stepped outside. Since her abduction by the unknown entity, and her forced transformation into the White Queen she could not escape the idea that perhaps there a way to return her horde to normal. For so long she had resigned herself to their growth, unaware that they had become too much to handle until it was far too late. They were out of control. As much as she hated to admit it she knew it to be true, and so did others. Yet she could not bring them to heel, the older ones remained loyal to her, but they were outnumbered by the larger generations beneath them. Those which held less loyalty to her as her powers were stretched to even further limits.

But not when she was the White Queen. No when she had worn the crown of white, been changed by the entity, she had been in complete control. She needed that again, she needed that unity.

"....X....I need to speak to you." she said, not wanting to speak too loudly. "...please.."
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Re: A request of godly proportions

Post by Portal-X on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Ask and you shall receive.

Not too long after her soft-spoken plea of desperation, a sharp, playful whistling came from Montiago's immediate right. There, moseying down the night sidewalk, was a man. But pay heed, dear reader. This was no ordinary man. For, as well-tailored as his crisp black suit may be, his polished dress shoes lightly tapping into the brisk evening air, he was not an entity to be trifled with. Skin an opaque ebony and a cyan "X" emblazoned" upon his otherwise blank, smooth face, the Deity of Balance known only as Portal-X stopped before his lovely guest. With an elegant flourish of his hand did he so bow, respectfully and in one fluid motion. "You rang, my dear?" inquired Portal-X, his tone velvety. He even tipped an invisible top hat, the cheeky bastard.  
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Who was this whistling in the dead of night? So vagabond traversing the shadows? So snake oil salesman slinking through the dark. Perhaps a murderer coming to cut her from guts to grin. But no, it would not be any of these things, though that did not stop the horde from being on high alert, their voices hissing in her mind, warning her to be careful, telling her to get out of there, demanding that she keep herself safe.

"You rang, my dear?"

Of course how could one run or hide from someone like this? "Yeah, thanks for answering." After all, a great deity like him wasn't exactly required to answer the calls of a simple mortal. "I needed to ask you something really important, you remember when we were abducted by that entity?" Did anything really ever miss his gaze? Sonia did not know, but she could not assume that he knew everything as well. "Well, when I was taken I was changed, I became something else. I was wondering..if you could do that again? Make me what I was before? Please?"
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 am

A vagabond? A snake oil salesman? A murderer? My, my - someone's imagination was running amok. In truth he was all of these things and none, a deity unbound to mortal constrictions and moral paradigms. "You are welcome," replied the almighty Portal-X, reigning Portal Deity of Gamma-X. Just a fancy title, that. It didn't mean much to the trickster (though it did look snazzy on stationery). "And yes, I do remember when my dear brother and I had our little game together. Not going to lie, but you lot had me a bit worried every now and then." It had been a rather cantankerous lot! Ah, but the women before him had not come to discuss the past, nor dissect certain events better left at rest. She had come for one thing and one thing only...

Ascendance.

The Portal Deity rubbed his inky chin with a thoughtful hand, occasionally shifting his weight upon one leg and then the other. "You must be referring to the White Queen," he spoke. Yes, that had to be it. The White Queen and all her self-control. Now, could he transform her again? Could he invoke the ancient magic and blood within this frail lass and grant her wish?

"I can indeed do this, but... you must understand, my dear, that I cannot directly become involved with my citizens' lives in such a manner. It would not be balanced. You, my dear Montiago, will have to undergo this process yourself; it is the only way." What she asked for was not impossible, though the consequences of the Portal Deity's meddling would be... palpable, to say the least. It would rob the woman, strip her of any future development, and thereby make her weaker than she already is and will become. No, Portal-X could not take it upon himself to commit such a heinous crime. Montiago had to go through with her personal demons, her fears and her sorrows, and triumph. Otherwise, she would be doomed to fail... "That is unfortunately my answer and it shall not budge," he affirmed with a faint shake of his head. "However, I will linger if you have any additional queries you wish to make." After all, Portal-X has all the time in the Gamma.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:55 pm

So it had been Portal X and Portal Z, conflicted, Sonia's mouth turned a little downwards. In her opinion X shouldn't have called it a game, people died after all, Livewire had been really upset seeing her like she had been. Of course, what was that to X? No doubt he already knew of any damage that had been done, and what were the words of a mortal to that of a God?

Sonia already knew the truth anyways, X's nature was not malicious....it was balanced.

"Yes, that's it." She confirmed, nerves making her stomach feel tight.

X wrote:"I can indeed do this, but... you must understand, my dear, that I cannot directly become involved with my citizens' lives in such a manner. It would not be balanced. You, my dear Montiago, will have to undergo this process yourself; it is the only way."

And there was her answer. The horde whispered louder, unhappy with the God's verdict to fix their Queen, to make them better. The edge of Sonia's eye twitched at their noise, pain lancing over her brain. For a moment it looked as if she might have argued, but Sonia gave it up. X was the deity of Balance. She already knew that she would not be able to sway him.

"...I understand.." She would have to figure things out on her own. X asked her if she by chance had any other questions. Slowly shaking her head she looked down. "Thank you for coming to see me."
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Alas, it was undoubtedly the answer dear Montiago had not been hoping for...

If the frail woman had wished to argue, Portal-X would not take issue. What was a healthy discussion of two clashing perspectives, hmm? But he knew quite well. Oh yes, he did. Montiago was not the only one wishing for a different answer. Several thousand minds were as open to the Portal Deity as the night sky that blanketed their world. He could not be swayed, no. But he could be made to listen and offer a friendly ear. Alas, alas! Montiago did not desire it so and it seemed that they were now fated to part their separate ways. A pity, truly. Portal-X always reveled his interactions with the many strange and fascinating citizens of Portal Breach. "Of course, my dear, of course," thus purred the Deity, whimsically bowing his head. "It was no trouble at all and I quite enjoyed our brief chitchat together. We should do it again sometime, yes?" Ah, but no doubt the poor girl was tired.

"You ought to go home and rest; soak up in the bath and rid your weary bones of the cold." After all, it was not healthy for a land-dweller to be as bitter as the icy seas. "I bid you adieu, my dear. Til next we meet, and on the eve of something grand." So cryptic, so enigmatic! But the wily Portal-X, for all his charms and agreeable demeanour, was not without his trickster ways.

Another polite bow of his head and the Portal Deity sauntered off, whistling into the cold air without a worry or care in all the Gamma.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 pm