Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

The Spirit of Adventure

Post by Kev on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 am

Time: 2:45 AM
    Date: January 11, 0005

Well. Life had certainly taken some...interesting turns, as of late. Some of it still made Kev rather anxious, but some of it made him feel really happy and bubbly. It was rather like a roller coaster. Things seemed to go rather well with Sonia after they finally got to the heart of the matter, though. Afterwards, he had left for the City Noise and worked his shift like normal, though soon after that was the trek from the city to the cottage. As much as he wanted to slip into the Sanctuary, by then he had been drained, and flopped right into bed to sleep. Oy, he really needed to work on his sleeping schedule. The alien had woken up around 2, and decided to get things ready. A bag had been packed, with several canteens of water prepared. Judge Fear had mentioned going on an adventure, though Kev was unsure of just how long this adventure was going to last. Presumably just for the day, since it was an adventure for his birthday? Just in case, a blanket had been shoved into the bag, as well as a flashlight and some rope. Because you always need rope! The alien was also unsure about what to bring in terms of clothes. Were they going somewhere cold? Hot? In-between? "I'll just ask him when he gets here.~" Kev hummed to himself, as he screwed the canteen's top shut. The bag and the canteens had been set down by the door, and it was only then that Kev realized that he had not spoken to Livewire at all since the...previous night, and that he had forgotten to tell her about the adventure they were about to go on!

The alien plopped down onto the couch and focused, clearing his own mind. Working this far from the city would be...difficult, but Livewire had a unique enough 'mind' that searching for her ought not to be that hard! The list of possible places she could be were pretty narrow anyway. Either her room at the Inn or the Sanctuary. Anxieties from the past day or two ebbed away as Kev tried to focus instead on the minds between himself and the city. Minds that were not Livewire were only given the slightest glance, searching the city until he could find her unique processor, that he was more familiar with now than he'd ever been before, and a message was sent. Livewire, it's Kev. I hope you're alright after the other night. I need you to come to the cottage, be here by 4:30 am, okay? Judge Fear's going to take us out on an adventure somewhere! So...I guess don't wear anything that'll be too affected by adventure...shenanigans, okay? We'll hang out, the three of us, and we can relax together. It'll be fun. The alien coaxed, not entirely sure what the Cybertronian's mindframe might be like. She could be quite...fragile, at times. Yet also so strong. Maybe what had happened the other night had affected her, maybe it hadn't. Either way...hopefully she'd hear the message and come. They all needed this.

Time: 4:25 AM

The time spent waiting for time to tick by faster was mostly spent getting the animals situated and informing Marvin that he may be gone all day. The robot didn't seem too upset about it, except for the part where he'd mentioned that he was going on an adventure with Judge Fear. Marvin didn't say much about it, but he really didn't have to. The robot would be polite with the Judges, as he always had been whenever they came around, but he did not regard them nearly as fondly as Kev did. Going out on an adventure for his birthday was...new, really. New and exciting. Even if their adventure turned dangerous, Kev was sure it would be miles above his last birthday. Seated on the couch and peeking out the window every so often, the scaly alien waited for the other two to arrive. One likely be shadow, the other on foot, or tire.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: The Spirit of Adventure

Post by Livewire on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:17 am

Time: 4:26 AM

OH MAN.

OH MAN SHE DID IT.

Livewire felt a mix of joy, exhilaration, and terror racing through her as her tires sped across the grassy plane.  She did it, she was outside of the city, and all by herself!  She did it!  SHE DID IT.  ”I DID IT”  Yes, please ignore the shouting, driverless taxi as it raced across the grasses at a speed that might not be considered racing, compared to the other cars that had taken home on Portal Breach.  

Though leaving the city might not seem like a big deal for most, for Livewire it was a rather horrifying concept.  Of the times that she had been outside of the city, most every single one had ended poorly.  Be it a Witch,  Ra Moon, or just wandering around only to get attacked, her opinion on the land beyond the City’s borders was not pleasant in the least.  Which would explain why she had spent a solid 34.6 minutes just pacing back and forth at the city’s border to the Outer City, knowing that once beyond that she was beyond the protection that she relied upon.  But Kev had called her, which both excited and freaked her out at the time.  She was indeed in a rather fragile state from the events two nights before and wasn’t expecting a call, for one thing she didn’t know Kev could DO that.  But he had, and here she was two minutes out from his cottage.  To be honest, she had been speeding through this part of the journey.  With the message left for Skyler and a schedule she would do her best to call at, along with a backpack full of basic supplies that she thought Kev might need and her own energon and she was off!   A dark taxi driving off the trail to Kev’s cottage, making up for the time she had spent convincing herself at the border that yes, she could do this, and that she would be with Kev and Fear and would be fine. Totally fine.

The outline of Kev’s cottage showed up, slightly different in color than the trees and sky.  The taxi came to a rolling stop before the trunk popped open and a green backpack was thrown out to land upon the ground with a hard “thump”.  She transformed and shrunk down at the same time until her 4’5 self was standing there, pulling on one of her more durable sweaters.  This one she had even used a stain-resistant yarn on, so she could clean it by beating it out pretty much.  After the lost sweater in the Queen’s Event, she had placed more stock in the durability of a material as well as its appearance.  The child walked over to her backpack and picked it up, putting it upon her shoulders before she started her stroll to finish the last few yards to Kev’s cottage.  With a Knock Knock Knock! she announced her presence.

A trip with Fear and Kev?  That was juuuust enough to get the femme out of the city without her acting like she was being spotted by a sniper.  A regular ball of nails, this one.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:54 am

Time: 5:00 AM

Nothing said "happy birthday" like waking up at the crack of dawn and left standing around for another half hour, right?

Right!

Ever punctual down to the wire (it was never good for a Judge to be tardy), a shadowy blot zipped across the meadow at lightning speeds. It snaked this way and that, treading over both pebble and dewy blade, before it came to a gradual crawl at the foot the alien's quaint little cottage. Were they ready? Was it safe? The mobile shade circled once and then twice, mimicking a shark just beneath the water's surface as it began to boil.

...bwoop, bloop, bwoop, bloop, SPLASH!

And out popped everyone's favourite genocidal spirit of the law; unless, of course, if your name was Sonia Montiago, Tally Stevens, and Washu Hakubi. Knock Out was only worth an honourable mention. Inky droplets went everywhere as a tall, lanky figure clawed itself up and out from the murky depths. "Good morning, Kev and Livewire," thundered a deep, reverberating voice. Chains jingled and ancient bone creaked, Judge Fear easily towering over the mismatched pair. He appeared largely the same, shrunken heads with mantraps and all, and the ghoul did a quick once-over at Livewire's sweater and Kev's selected attire. Ah, good... It seems they were fully prepared for today's mystery excursion, dressed for the elements and leaving nothing to chance. They were bound to like what he had in store. Best to make certain, however. "Are you ready to depart and have you packed everything asss I had inssstructed? Once we leave, there isss no turning back until the day isss finissshed." That went the same for any bathroom breaks, breakfast meals, or... whatever it was that these two needed to do before setting off. Being a non-undead sure was difficult.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:06 am

Eventually, Kev could spy a car driving its way through the grasses! It hit Kev, that this was the first time in a while that he had seen her in this mode. He definitely knew she could turn into a car, of course he knew that. It was part of being a Cybertronian. He'd forgotten that her car mode was actually a taxi, though! He was so used to her being in her smaller, robot mode. Outfitted in a cute dress or nice sweater. Seeing her drive up was a little jarring at first, but no less exciting! Standing up off the couch, Kev took a quick glance around and peeked inside his bag. Hmm...wonder what Livewire may have brought for the trip. Several knocks sounded on the door, and Kev opened it, giving the smaller robot a hug immediately. "I'm glad you came!" She was wearing a sweater, that was pretty par for the course, but the backpack was new! "I like the backpack." He plopped down on the couch and waved her over. "I can introduce you to Marvin and the indoor animals while we wait for Fear!" Maybe another time, she could frolic with the sheep, Chester, and Llama.

---
    "Hmm..." As the time ticked by and the introductions had been made, the alien and Livewire waited on the front porch for the third member of their party. "I know he wanted you over here at 4:30...I don't remember if we were leaving then or not." Sure hope nothing had happened. Though, Judge Fear was a tall, strong psychic and if something had happened, he would have heard by now. He probably either got hung up 'at work', or was just taking a bit to come over. Who knew how fast shadow travel took, anyway? The alien had decided to forgo his cape, it could get caught on anything and might be too heavy for their adventuring, though the boots, gloves, pants and long sleeved shirt he usually wore would probably be good. As far as he knew, Livewire couldn't 'get hot or cold' like that, so her sweater ought to be alright, no matter where they went.

Wait, was that a moving shadow? The alien's eyes scanned the grass, he could have sworn he saw something moving...there! He saw it again! His eyes were trained on the black puddle as it began to bubble up like a vat of liquid about to boil over. The shadow seemed to act like water as Fear's lanky, imposing form crawled its way up and out. A strange sight to see, though it was becoming something he was used to. The alien straightened his pose and gave Judge Fear a bright wave. "Morning!" Kev was quite eager to see what was in store, there was no mistaking it. Though he tried to pull back the enthusiasm, rocking on his heels as the Judge looked them over. "I'm ready, and I packed everything I thought we'd need! Anything I may have missed, I bet Livewire's got." Aah, so he was right to assume they'd be gone all day. Made him wonder how far they were going that they had to stay all day, though! "I've done everything I pretty much needed to. How about you, Livewire?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:31 am

Oh thank goodness, something familiar.  The child was all too eager to dive straight into that noodly alien’s arms, taking in the familiar feel of Kev to ease her nerves.  Oh, oh she was not comfortable at all.  The girl had been doing her very best to not get fidgety with her apprehension of the outside world but she was still on edge.  Now that Kev was here she could feel her own tension melt away as she nuzzled her taller friend.  Man, she was short.   “I’m glad I came, too!”  They were doing a thing, after all!  How could Livewire sit out when Kev had described it so well?  Also it was Kev who asked, but if Fear had asked she would have come too.  Man she loved those two dorks.  Oh, the backpack.   “Thanks!  I saw it an’ I just thought, well, it might be good to have!”  She was planning on transforming into something that didn’t have a transwarp access, after all, and so she needed to get used to carrying her own stuff around on her back.  Oh man, Kev said the magic word: animals.   “Yes yes let’s do that!”  The child let go of her friend to clap her hands together excitedly, already looking forward to the pre-game events before Fear arrived.  Man, she loved animals.

“…maybe, he needed to pick something up?”  As Livewire stayed beside Kev on the porch, she couldn’t help but to lean against the alien.  She was rather dependent on physical affection for comfort, especially when she was so out of her element as this.  She closed her optics and bopped the alien with her head in an affectionate nudge as they waited.  Honestly, she thought he looked so weird without his cape.  The only time Livewire had seen Kev in different outfits was when he partook in Closet Shenanigans, but those events were few and far between.

Wait, Kev twitched.  Livewire’s blue optics lit up again as the protective shields slid back into her help with a click! as she looked around.  Her optics didn’t catch the shadow as it dared across the ground until it pooled together, and then out climbed her absolute favorite ghoul.   “Hi Fear!”  The femme began to bounce lightly on her heels in excitement for the journey ahead.   “I’m ready, too!  I’ve got supplies an’ water an’ energon an’ blankets an’ first aid an’ just, a lot of stuff.”  Oh sweet child, she was so excited that she couldn’t even get all the syllables out.  She had done her very best to ready herself for this mystery trip, even though most of her supplies were for Kev.

Eh, if she had energon and a basic kit she’d be fiiiiiine.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:46 am

"I'm ready, and I packed everything I thought we'd need! Anything I may have missed, I bet Livewire's got."
    “I’m ready, too!  I’ve got supplies an’ water an’ energon an’ blankets an’ first aid an’ just, a lot of stuff.”

And just a lot of stuff... Everything was simple in the eyes of a child.

A quick glimpse into Kev's mind served its purpose, psychic tendrils finding clean water to be in abundance and packed with great care. Good, because Kev would not want to have the sole misfortune of contracting any waterborne illnesses or parasites. There were medical supplies in case of accidents, a torch to ward away both darkness and night, warm clothes for a fresh change, and... hmm... ah yes, bug spray. Splendid! There will be plenty of creepy crawlies where they were going. Judge Fear was largely pleased with Kev's packing and deemed the excited pair ready for a day's worth of wonder. And venomous bugs, and wild animals, and quicksand, and perilous terrain, and... well, you get the point. Wonder! Though he hadn't the foggiest clue what the energon was for...

"Excellent." But, backpacks or not, they certainly weren't going anywhere so long as they remained bolted to Kev's porch! Rotten, leathery hands beckoned for them to approach and their shadows gravitated toward the Dark Judge's call. Ah, pay that no mind. Just a (mostly) harmless side effect of his beguiling aura. "Come to me..." urged the ghoul soothingly. Come to him, friends, and be rid of your troubles... If only for just a day. There were so many fascinating things to show you... "Come," he repeated, "and embrace the night."

While it was still young and free of the dawn's coming rays.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 am

"Maybe." It wasn't exactly unheard of that Judge Fear would go to the stores. If anything, Judge Fear definitely went to the shops of Portal Breach, to buy whatever Judgey things he needed. "You're right, maybe he just had to pick something up before we go." They definitely needed a lot of supplies, after all. As for the physical affection, Kev was quite content to give it to Livewire. The younger and smaller Cybertronian leaned against his body, and he had an arm wrapped around her to support her. Livewire and himself had always been quite affectionate, but he'd noticed that it seemed to be...different, now. A good kind of different, just like Livewire's progress. He knew that she was anxious about leaving the city as well, so this trip was something of a big step for her. He returned the nudge to the head and gave her back a reassuring pat. Everything was going to be alright.

Especially once Judge Fear had made his appearance, Livewire's demeanor becoming quite excited and eager! The alien chuckled slightly, finding it adorable, before taking note of what she had packed. "Oh, definitely make sure you get in some Energon today, alright?" He had not forgotten their little talk about her 'experimenting'. He gave her a few more reassuring pats before turning to the Dark Judge, who was quite pleased with their packing. The Judge held his hands out, seeming to beckon them and indeed, their shadows seemed to heed the call. Well that was a little new. Kev gave their respective shadows a curious, almost wary look. Kev placed his trust in Judge Fear's hands, however, and stepped off of the porch with Livewire. Being asked to embrace the night did sound a little ominous, but by now he figured that was just Judge Fear's way. The man could make a trip to the market seem dark and ominous. Still, the alien approached. He was ready to embrace the night.

Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:21 am

The child nodded as Kev confirmed that her assumption was possible.  For a brief moment, Livewire’s mind entertained the fantasy that had begun after Christmas.  It was odd, picturing Fear as a normal shopper.  His towering frame dwarfing all others and the wings of his helmet acting as a beacon for his location as he made his way through the aisles.   “Do you have thisss soap in pomegranate?”, the representation of Fear in her mind stated to a clerk, and that was all it took for Livewire to burst out into a fit of giggles.  

Physical affection was something Livewire depended on.  She couldn’t trace when it had begun, but the femme had tracked how her mood progressed when she was denied it for a time.  A few days she would be fine, but after that her temperament took a nose-dive into a depressive state.  It wasn’t just the lack of touch that did it of course, for none of the femme’s cuddles were only contact.   Though she and Kev’s sessions may have grown quieter over the years they had grown more emotionally intimate.  With the alien nearby she felt safe and loved, and that was the same for all of those that held the femme’s love.  If she cared about someone enough to offer a hug or kind words, then she would offer them her thoughts and feelings as well.  With Fear’s introduction, these occurrences with Kev had only grown more frequent as their bond deepened.   Just another reason for her to love the ghoul.

But now was not the time to ponder, for there were adventures to be had!  The child nodded her affirmation that she likely picked up what Kev left behind, and then nodded again at the reminder for her to consume that day.   “ ‘Kay.”  She did not regret the science behind her decision to starve herself to the point of almost going into stasis, as she had gained some good data from it.  But she did regret making Kev worry, making him afraid for her when her actions became known.  So even though she wanted to explore the limits of her body a great deal, Kev’s peace of mind would always be more important to her.

Livewire’s feet readily left the porch as Fear beckoned them close, all too ready to begin.  While his wording planted a small seed of apprehension in Kev, Livewire just thought it sounded nifty keen.  Embracing the night?  How would she even DO that?  Well, walking herself and her misbehaving shadow right into the embrace of Judge Fear sounded like a good place to start.  The femme adjusted the straps to secure her backpack before her own small, metal hand reached to take Fear’s, huge in comparison.  She assumed that she didn’t need to hold onto him for the transport based on what she had experienced in the Sanctuary.  She just wanted to hold onto him, is all.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Do you have this soap in pomegranate... Kids today, oi! No respect for their rotting, irritable elders. Though, to be fair, Livewire's fantasy wasn't too far from the truth itself. Asking around for a purple sheep tea cozy wasn't as easy (or romantic) as it sounded. It also garnered quite a bit of odd stares...

Predictably, Livewire had expressed a child-like innocence and curiosity; Kev, meanwhile, ought to have more faith in the law! As the femme reached out to take one of those inviting hands and showed no signs of apprehension, the alien... eh, he clearly needed a small boost to his confidence. This naturally came in the form of the Dark Judge leaning forward, slender corpse fingers latching onto Kev's shoulder and firmly dragging him closer. Hardened fingernails dug into the alien's clothing, ensuring that he wouldn't be able to worm way. That would be quite unpleasant, see. Whisking a single body in so short a distance (such as the Sanctuary) was one thing, but this? Best not to take any chances. "Don't be ssshy," he hissed, tone betwixt amusement and aggravation. "It'sss not like I am going to wrench out your sssoul and leave your comatossse body on the other ssside..." And after all they've been through together, Kev? You wound the ghoul! Take after Livewire's example and grow a pair.

Though one could suppose that Kev was not going to enjoy this next bit.

Their hands (or shoulder) now in his grasp, inky wraiths eagerly churned about three pairs of feet - one of them steadily tipping towards the cool, slumbering earth. Were you ready for this, friends? Of course you were. Surely you feared not even Fear himself if you were crazy enough to embark on this little adventure! Completely at peace with those and everything around him, an ancient creak escaped the ghoul's fragile joints. He fell backward as rigidly as one would imagine a corpse being laid to its final rest, except this time it was about to take two others. Backward, where a shadowy gate opened with a sinister crackle and seemingly reached out to devour them. Falling, falling, aaaand... gone!

Both Livewire and Kev were dragged into the abyss without a word or prayer, neither hide nor hair of them to be seen soon after. Nothing, save for their little shadows racing across the sleepy meadow under the vigilant care of their malevolent escort.

((Gonna make a new thread later today.))

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:40 am