Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Pancakes are suppose to be happy

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Yeesh, this poor waitress. At least things had gone pretty well! Better than they could have, at least. Sonia could have gotten angry and this could have escalated to a shouting match but thankfully that did not happen! Instead, they had had a very civil discussion on the matter. Albeit a very tense one...in any case, Kev was definitely tempted to leave the waitress an extra tip since she seemed upset. Maybe she'd relax when she realized that the two were not about to get into some drastic, explosive argument.

"Alright, Sonny! I can't object to that, next time you pay then!" It was nice to hear that Sonia wanted there to be a next time! The alien did not want to lose Sonia as a friend, after all. He had been a little afraid that her feelings being rebuffed might make her back away and leave him, feeling too hurt to continue being friends. If she wanted there to be a next time though, that was good! The waitress took their orders, and took a surprisingly short amount of time to bring the food out! "Mm...smells pretty good!" He complimented, looking mostly to Sonia's waffles and coffee. Grabbing up the syrup bottle and squeezing the contents into his bowl, he worked his gloves off and slipped the fingers of his right hand into the bowl, while his left hand was occupied by the orange juice.

"So, do you have to work today? Or do you have today off?" He asked curiously wondering if when they parted ways, she would make her way over to her Cafe to work. Just a bit of light conversation, now that things had died down.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:40 am

That poor waitress indeed. Sonia nodded in thanks to the other woman and quietly observed her food, no longer hungry. This did not stop her from eating though, methodically chewing pieces of waffle before swallowing, ignoring how it slid down her throat like wet paper. Everything would be okay, for now. She could keep it together for Kev, she would make sure to see him off as happily as she could. He wouldn't know. "How's your syrup and orange juice?" That had to be so sweet, too sweet, Sonia didn't know how he did it.

Unable to take another bite so soon after the others she decided to give her stomach a chance to rest and instead sipped at her coffee. "I've got work after this. Alex and Velspar decided it was okay if I came in late today." They would have rather her see him off than miss the opportunity. Sonia just hoped they weren't getting too over-swamped....

"What about you? Do you have work after this?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Next time he ever turned into a human, or anything else with a mouth, he was going to have to try some waffles. They looked good! A little soft, definitely goop-y with that syrup on top, but still rather interesting! "I really like the orange juice!" Kev wiggled his fingers slightly in the drink. "It's very fulfilling. The syrup though..." The fingers of his other hand wiggled, the syrup rolling off in little droplets, back into the bowl. "The syrup though. It's...mmm very deep. Thick. It's not really absorbing too fast either...and it is really sweet." Ah well, he'd 'eat' whatever he could. "How're the waffles?" Probably a bit too filling, since she stopped to sip some of her coffee instead. "And the coffee?"

Aah, so she had worked afterwards. Kev nodded his head. "Sorry if I chose a bad time." At least Alex and Velspar were okay with it! "Yeah, I have work after this too. My shift was a little later today. After work though I'm likely gonna pass out in bed...you?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Oh. Bitterness rolled across her tongue making Sonia's nose crinkle and reach for the cream. She poured two in and stirred before tasting again and was pleased to find that it was a little more bearable. At least this was nice.

"How do you deal with the pulp?" She questioned, watching as Kev dipped his fingers into his orange juice. Sonia poked at her waffles some and ate a bit more, but her appetite really had left her it seemed. While on the outside she was managing on the inside things were not so nice and neat. The thought of having to go to work after this made her feel a little queezy.

"It's alright, and i'll probably do the same. Just head home and get some sleep." Really though she wasn't sure at all what she'd do.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Sonia wrinkled her nose and poured some cream into her coffee, guess it wasn't very good. Kev didn't like coffee much, he preferred tea, fruit juices, and water. Hopefully the cream made it taste better. Sonia asked how he dealt with the pulp and he shrugged, bending himself down to peer into his drink. "I ordered mine without pulp, so I don't think it has any. If there's a little bit in there, that's fine. The pulp is kinda...weird, you know? It's a little too thick for me to absorb. It tends to just stick to my scales."

Sonia remarked that she'd likely do the same, going home to get some sleep as well. Kev nodded his head. "I hope you sleep better tonight, Sonia." This outing seemed to be going well, at least from what Kev could tell. Surely, any anxieties Sonia had were now soothed, yes? Kev pulled his hand out of the bowl of syrup and wiped them on a napkin, making a slight face. "Syrup is so incredibly sticky..." Gross...once he felt like he'd gotten the most of the syrup off, he dipped the fingers into his glass of orange juice. He focused on that exclusively.

"So, you mentioned that you'd be paying for me next time...any idea when and where you want to do this 'next time'?"

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 pm

"Ah, right right, sorry about that. I completely forgot." She played with her food a little more, embarrassed at having forgotten something so quickly. "Sounds like that has to be a pain." Getting pulp stuck on your skin, what an annoyance that had to be...something just clinging all disgusting to you. Drinking more coffee proved to be an excellent distraction, the liquid settling hotly in her stomach.

"I'm sure that I will," she lied, her hand clenching at her dress underneath the table. Continuing on she made a game of picking at her waffles, slowly pulling them apart until they were in tiny chunks on her plate. "I suppose it would be sometime after you come back, would that be alright?"

It would be months away and they would be apart for a long time. Maybe that was exactly...what she needed...maybe?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:19 am

"Oh, it's fine! It's not important to remember, just a drink order." Frankly, he was used to having to give helpful reminds. Judge Fear, the poor corpse, had a memory like a goldfish sometimes. Mind like a sieve! Not everyone had a steel-trap mind like Kev's. "It can be, gotta do a lot of scrubbing in order to get it off. It's even worse than chunky food or trying to rub some whole food in there." Ugh, chunky good was awful, but pulp was certainly the worst!

Sonia assured him that she would sleep better tonight but...he had his doubts. Kev wanted to offer reassurances, or some advice, anything that could help her out. Unfortunately, it felt like anything he would say would either be useless fluff or make thing worse. He decided to just nod instead and peer down at her plate. "Waffles not very tasty?" She just kinda seemed to be picking at them and making them mush. Sometime after he came back would definitely be for the best, he had to use the rest of these days to wrap things up and spend as much time with people before his social circle was suddenly reduced to one, two people on Sundays. "I think that's fine! Could let us catch up on everything that happens between now and then." Hopefully neither of them would change too much.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:29 pm

Right. Not important. Right. There wasn't anything to be apologizing so much for. "that really does sound like it would be a pain, don't know how you deal with it." Sonia popped her knuckles but was unhappy to find that it did not disperse the tension she felt growing in them.

Seeing as how Kev chose to say nothing in regards to her word that she would sleep better, she figured he must have believed her, and left it at that. "Hm?" She looked up from her waffles to Kev, and then once more back to her plate to fully take in the sorry state she'd left them in. "Ah no they're fine, just not feeling really hungry. Sometimes breakfast doesn't settle well with me." She waved it off and put her fork down before checking the time.

She wanted to leave and stay at the same time. She wanted Kev close, but knew that keeping him around would only make things so much worse. He would see her when...whatever it was that was going to happen...happened. She couldn't let him see that. She couldn't bear to let him see that. He needed to go anyways...

"Looks like it's getting to be about that time. Alex is going to have my head if I show up late to work and leave him and Velspar with the entire morning rush." God she didn't want to go. She was afraid of staying though.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:10 pm

"Ah, it's not so bad...I reckon those things are irritating to get in your teeth. Or even worse, popcorn kernels! I'm not sure how you can handle have teeth. They seem so...complicated. So much upkeep you have to do with them!" Teeth were frankly, more trouble than his skin ever was. At least if his skin was damaged, it typically shed off anyway. But from what he knew about any creatures with mouths, once you screw your teeth up, they were screwed for life.

"Oh...right. I see." He nodded his head and withdrew his hands, orange juice about finished anyway. Kev wiped his hands on a napkin, though he couldn't help but continue to look across the table at Sonia. She had taken this all...rather well. Almost too well. She couldn't be taking it this well, but he didn't want to wrench it out of her and hurt her. He placed his napkin down on the table. "Sonia..."

Sonia wrote:"Looks like it's getting to be about that time."

"..." As much as they still had to actually...talk about this, the world was still spinning around them. They both had their respective jobs to tend to. "Right...I hope you had a good time with me though, Sonia. This was nice and...I look forward to doing it again." He withdrew his wallet and waved the waitress over to let her know they were ready to go. No doubt, the woman was ready for them to leave. "I hope you have a good day at work, Sonia." Please don't let this ruin your day...

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:01 am

At that Sonia did crack a small smile. "Dental floss helps with that. But yeah, they can be a bit of a pain." At least she didn't have to deal with the same issues as Zurg. Teeth chips everywhere. Sonia remembered that, she had to pick some of his shedding out of her hair once.

Kev wrote:Sonia..."

"Hm?" She looked back at him, wondering what he might have to say. Was it actually anything important? Perhaps not, Kev consented to leaving after all. "Of course I had a good time Kev," She rose from her seat and crossed her arms in front of her. "I can't wait to do it again too..." Sonia pulled out a five and laid it on the table for the waitress.

The woman came over and after checking to make sure that everything was okay she handed Kev the check and cleared away the dishes. Once the waitress was gone Sonia looked back at Kev, there was a pain beginning to grow inside her stomach. "I hope you have a good day too Kev." Sonia stood there awkwardly unsure if she should hug him or not.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:44 am

Kev chuckled back. "Right, I remember trying to use dental floss once! String for teeth..." He shook his head in a good-natured fashion, humans sure did create odd things, though it seemed to go well with their biology. Kev pondered if he should push the issue, but he decided not to. This visit had been good, right? They ate pancakes together, they caught up, they even laughed a bit! Maybe Sonia would come out better for this!

"Same here." Wonder where they would go to next time. For a moment, Kev stared down at the bill that Sonia had placed before realizing it was her contribution to the tip. Though he was covering the food, she could tip the waitress if she wished! Gods knew the woman deserved it. Kev nodded to the waitress and took the check, pulling the correct amount of credits for the food before placing a five down with Sonia's. That taken care of, he stashed it away and stood up from his seat.

For a moment the two stared at each other, and Kev could feel the awkward tension growing between them again. He pulled at a sleeve awkwardly before taking a step forward, looking to her as if for permission. He debated, if he should. It may make her feel uncomfortable, considering...then again, when would he see her again? Did he really want to end it on an impersonal moment? When she did not seem to object, he came closer. Kev wrapped his arms around her in a loose hug, trying to keep the hug casual, yet also put as much into it as he could. "Thank you, Sonia."

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:34 am

"Yeah, string for teeth." That was certainly one way to put it. As Sonia waited she shifted her weight from one foot to the next, the pain in her stomach becoming annoying. She wanted to lie down and try to make it go away, but she couldn't just call it quits and skip work. Alex would have her head on a pike if she even thought about doing that to him.

Sonia stared back, the awkwardness growing to palatable levels, when Kev finally decided to do something by coming closer it was a relief. The tension in her shoulders eased ever so slightly as he wrapped his arms around her. Sonia returned the embrace despite the stinging that was starting in her chest. She hugged him back, keeping her embrace just loose enough so that it did not appear to be something that it couldn't be. "Thank you Kev," she said and held him for a moment longer.

She pulled away and tightened her coat around her body. "Be careful out there okay? Try not to do anything too dangerous. Remember to write if you can?" this would be the last time she saw him. When he came back things would be different, but would they be for the better? Would he change? Would he be even further from her than now?

Sonia made her way for the door, holding it open long enough for Kev to get out before leaving herself. The cold air biting at her cheeks, it was strangely soothing all in all. "Bye Kev." She smiled and waved at him one more time, then made herself walk away.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:44 am

Ah. Good. Sonia didn't pull away, or shove at him, or even wince. Instead, she relaxed when he hugged her. Kev let out a sigh of relief, giving her a slight squeeze. "You're welcome." There was no need for their friendship to diminish or disappear, they could still be friends, even with this knowledge. Kev still cared for her, and Sonia still cared for him. The hug lasted for a few moments longer before she pulled away, the alien following suit.

"I will...you be careful too. Okay? I'll try to keep as safe and secure as I can~! And you'll be the first person I write!" Technically the only one, as well. The two of them walked to the door, Sonia holding the door open for Kev, who nodded to her and exited. Brr, cold...he pulled his jacket tighter around himself and zipped it closed, even pulling the hood up to protect his scaly dome. "Bye, Sonia. Have a good day at work!" He made his way to the City Noise, suddenly extremely tired now. He still had his shift to look forward to, he could not sleep just yet. At least he could sleep easier now, though!

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 am