Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Commissioning a Gift

Post by Tally on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Time:Noon
    Date: 08/14/2014

Awkwardness and embarrassment sent butterflies fluttering inside her stomach as she stepped inside of Aya's store. Rasa had done her a good turn, even more so than a good turn, he had done something for her that she would be forever grateful to him for, looking after Ttone. If he hadn't looked out for her ward, Tally wasn't sure what might have happened. Rasa also had no coat, and it got so cold here and he could freeze or get sick or something! It wasn't that far out of the realm of reality.

"Hey Aya, you in?" She called back, looking around for the vampiress. She rather hoped that the other wouldn't make any jokes at her expense over this, she knew she never should have told Aya that wedding joke, but still..she knew that Aya probably would. Oh well.... It wouldn't be that bad. Tally just hoped that Aya had kept Rasa's measurements, if she had to bring the Sangheili in again then it would likely give away the surprise.

Could Aya even sew together a coat? Tally wondered, and if she could how long would it take her? Tally made sure not to wait until last minute but still...she knew nothing about the length of time that went into these sort of things.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: Commissioning a Gift

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:19 am

That was life in a nutshell, doing things you probably ought not to do and reaping the benefits or consequences.  You’d never know what you got until it happened, much like this little visit. Would you get prodding at that old joke or not. Oooooh, it was a mystery . The vampires hadn’t looked up when the bells chimed signaling the arrival of a guest who called out to revel themselves as none other than Tally. With newspaper in hand and a mug poised halfway to her mouth, the draculina lowered the paper to her desk along with the cup and looked up. ”Of course, it is business hours after all. So tell me what I owe the honor of a visiting friend on this fine day?” Rising from her seat as not to be rude she made motions for Tally to enter further and settle in the little guest area. ”Please feel free to have a seat, you must be tired for the heat, yes?” The heat made people tired, right? Aya could never really remember it correctly, she’d just assume anything made humans exhausted.

Happy to see a friend though, the draculina was a little confused as to why her friend was actually here in her shop alone. She never pegged Tally as the sort to enjoy dresses and the like, perhaps because she had a bit of a warrior streak which was never kind to clothes. The profession of growing large and dangerous flora was just as unkind to cloth as well, dirt and whatever else those plants spewed or ejected. ”Now that I think of it, would you care for something to drink? I’m afraid I’m low on anything except water at the moment. I don’t think you’d want hot tea either.” Probably a given, but she didn't want to assume and be wrong.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:29 pm

There she was. Of course she was here...well...now Tally felt a little stupid for asking. "Hah, right...So how have you been?" Had the vampiress been adjusting okay to the heat? Summer couldn't be an easy time for a vampire, that was for sure. "I'm actually here to see about having you make a coat for me. Tally took a seat. "Heat could be worse, but it certainly could be better too."

No Tally was not one for dresses, her line of work didn't really allow for it, and skirts would only hinder her in battle. Still, she could appreciate what Aya did, the woman was an artist, fashioning all sorts of things from fabric. "I'm okay, She shook her head slightly. "You remember Rasa right? Big guy I brought here a little while ago? Anyways...last year I made him some gloves for Christmas but it sort of completely skipped my mind that he doesn't even have a coat. And it gets cold here, so I was wondering if maybe you still had his measurements and would be able to put a coat together? My sewing was pretty shoddy on the gloves, so I know there's no way i'd be able to attempt it." And she wanted this gift to be nice, not something she haphazardly put together out of inexperience.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:09 am

"Hmmmm? I have been...well. I find that not very much changes for me, not too bad for a creature of habit, I suppose. How have you and Ttone been?" Heat schmeat, feeling too warm was for the warm blooded. And Aya Valentine was a cool and clammy temperature all day everyday. She did quirk a brow at mentions of a coat in the tail end of summer. She knew it was prudent to be prepare but, this was a little too prepared. "I'm glad to hear it."She was glad to hear that Tally was at least doing well, if anything Aya was guilty of not really evolving past being a hermit. Maybe one day.

She quirked a brow as her train of thought derailed from hermits to beefy alien males. Rasa, she did indeed remembered Rasa. "I remember Rasa, his clothing was a true joy to make." The draculina's eyes widened, and a smiled started to splay wider across her lips. She actually made him a gift? That was positively amazing. "I think that you did a very good thing and it is hard to remember all items for winter, you were involved with the thoughts of what good your gift would do." Aya paused and shook her head, there was no way she was going to let someone bash their own work, even if they thought it was terrible. "Tally Stevens, if they were shoddy then I doubt he would be able to even put them on in the first place. I'm sure they are perfect. As for measurements, I make it a point to keep all and any in a file for future notice. I would be more than happy to make a coat for Rasa. Am I to assume that this is to be in blue? Or perhaps another color? White, maybe?" White for weddings or white for him to plop into the snow and fly into action from hiding. Considering that dread over remember that joke about 'kicking down the aisle' then the former was to be cause.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 pm

"We're doing alright, Ttones keeping up with her school work. It's weird though, division never use to be this hard but when she asks me a question sometimes I blank. Now I know how my mom felt..." Sometimes the things that Ttone would bring back from class were just beyond Tally's comprehension of math, since when did they started teaching ten year olds long division anyways?

Tossing her braid over her shoulder Tally and looked away a little embarrassed, color spreading across her cheeks. "Thanks Aya," ahahaha, look at you Aya. Bringing up the color white, you stop that you. "I think blue would be pretty good...I mean white would probably get dirty really easily right? And bedsides blue looks good on him." What did you think seamstress? Would this project be doable?

"Do you think it'd be possible to get it done before Christmas? I understand if it can't be, I mean making stuff out of fabric..that's way beyond me so I can't imagine how difficult it is to make a coat." She could tell you things about poisons and plants, but sewing was an area where she was completely clueless.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:29 pm

"Ah, I'm glad to hear it. I can't say that I mind arithmetic all too much. But I have a need for it in my field. It is a good opportunity for you and Ttone to learn something together." Aya wasn't going to poke at Tally's math allergies, mostly because it was rude and then it was just something she was gonna chuckle to herself at some time in the future. Division was easy peasy!

The draculina peered at Tally, a closed lip, smile spread on her face at Tally's obvious reaction to the long running white joke. Ha! She was never going to let that die. Never. But on a more serious note, Aya nodded in agreement. "Agreed, blue would suit him very well and be far easier to clean up should a mess occur." It was a good thing she still had his measurements and the fabric colors she used on his previous garments in a little file. Which she was going to have to dig in that filing cabinet for but after Tally departed.

"Christmas? Oh yes, I definitely can get it done. And thankfully, there are a magical thing called patterns that lend a hand to the process. It gets easier with time, and I've had plenty to learn the tricks of the trade." Luckily, Aya had enough experience for four people, so Tally could keep strong with her dangerous plants and Aya would work with the needles. "And I'll be sure to keep it quiet if I do see him, I can assume its supposed to be a surprise, correct?"
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm

"Yeah, at least we get to spend time together." And everyone knew that Ttone could probably use a bit more parent and child interacting after everything that she had been through. "Though, not sure what long division is going to do for me now."

Tally squinted in retort to the smug little smile that the draculina wore. Oh Tally was kicking herself for ever coming up with that joke, look at what it had gone off and done? Bad past Tally. Bad. "I'm glad you said so, honestly I was unsure. I really don't know anything about making clothes so I don't know if there's certain rules you follow or if certain fabric comes in certain colors or what." Which is why she was here, best to leave these sort of things to professionals. Another huge wave of relief when Aya said that she'd be able to get it done overcame her.

"Yeah, I just really want to surprise him with it you know? He's been such a great friend, and he doesn't have one, and it's gotta suck being stuck here when the winter hits. So...yeah." That was pretty much it. Honestly she was still feeling pretty stupid for never noticing how the other had no coat, or even a jacket. Gloves weren't going to do much to keep him warm if he didn't even have one of the other two.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu May 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Aya gave a small nod and a hum of agreement though she found undeniable humor in Tally questioning the further use of long division. "Time is a valuable thing, though it seems you'll be likely to use something when you least expect it." This came from the experience of thinking she'd never need arithmetic and ended up in a profession dealing with math in many aspects. The irony was never lost on the draculina for that.

However the squint was noted and Aya simply smiled as though she never saw it, content to run this joke right into the grave at this point. It amused her highly, maybe a little more than nessecary given how much time had passed but when you had a good joke why not hold onto it? "Oh it isn't a problem in the slightest. As for the rules and colors, it unfortunately changes with the seasons or events so it is about keeping up with the times as much as anyone." This coming from someone who owned no cellular device nor knew how to drive. At least she had a TV. "You needn't worry one bit, Tally. It will be fine." It was a good thing she just came to Aya after all. The poor dear was just fraught with worry over making sure the gift would be perfect and done on time. It was heart warming to see how considerate people were towards one another.

"I understand," She paused, putting that little joke Tally shared with her aside to really examine her friend."I do not doubt for one minute he is a good friend and it i s kind of you to think of his needs when he might not voice them himself." Aya suspect that he must not go out often in the winter if he lacked appropriate gear. Unless his kind were the sort to go charge the mountain no matter what. She wouldn't be making any assumptions. "I'll be sure to get it done in plenty of time so you can wrap it for the holidays. Don't worry about measurements, I still have them in his file with other customers so it will be quite hush hush." Yay secrets!
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:03 pm

"Yeah, you're probably right. Though I really hope long division doesn't play into saving the breach at some point" If such a thing ever happened, probably best to hand the reigns off to someone else.

And what was all this now? Seasons? Colors? Okay Aya reel it in now, Tally could probably tell you all about colors and seasons when it came to plants, and she knew that there were colors that were meant to go with the seasons when it came to fashion, but God help Tally if she knew any of it. "I'l trust your judgement on that and just leave it to you." If Aya said she could pull it off and there was nothing to worry about then Tally would believe her.

"Thanks Aya, I really appreciate it. Do you want the payment up front now or after the coat is done?" Tally didn't mind paying upfront for Aya, she trusted the other not to swindle her.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:06 pm

She gave a quiet snort. "If it does, I shall be waiting with baited breath and a notepad ready to become the least likely Hero of the Breach." It was mild sarcasm, but if it did happen, Aya would be absolutely over the moon. But sadly, the chance was next to nil for such an event.

Now that was what Aya always loved to hear. Her judgement. Trusted. She was the quite literally the reigning Queen of Fashion go to on Portal Breach. And to be frank, she also extended this title to Xiao Xiao. They had been for a good long while now which made the vampire quite proud. "And I thank you for that, Tally. You will not be disappointed, not one bit." Just gotta believe cloth, Tally. Believeeee.

"It is not a problem, Tally. I am happy to be of assistance. As for payment, simply bring it when the coat is finished and you can assure it is of the quality you seek. Then we can talk." A rule of thumb for the vampire was to always wait after, for customer satisfaction of course.

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:39 am