Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

On Business

Post by Hazama on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Time: 11:24 PM
    Date: 31st July, 2014

Dead Master's scythe tucked securely away by his chains, Hazama headed down through the Samba Heartlands. He'd heard stories about this place. Hell, if he'd had any other option, really, he'd probably have taken that. Not that he didn't like the Judges, he just didn't know how long he could walk on eggshells around these two before he got tired of the whole ordeal, and he'd prefer to not have them on his ass. Seven days had worn him thin, and he'd been ready to start shit back in the castle, as well; the possession of the Bandersnatch had been more than genius enough to sway him, though. Luckily, it hadn't come to that, and everything had remained as he'd wished, not wanting to have two corpses on his tail for something he did. Persistence was a fearsome trait, indeed...

However, Hazama had a perfectly good reason for coming to call on these two. Hell, perhaps even these three if that talking car was still around. He didn't know, man! It had been foreeeeveeeeer since that field trip they all had. They should go again! Maybe for a picnic this time. However, jokes had no bearing on the reason he was here, that reason being that he had to check whether that entire thing actually happened or not. It was kind of grating to have to come all this way just to ask that, but unfortunately for our abnormally-haired foreigner, them's the breaks.

Ah, there it was. A farmhouse came into view. The thing looked mundane and serene enough, but the entire area just felt... off. Which meant he was at the right place! Good-o. The serpent walked to the drive, keeping his hat held down on his head so that it didn't fly off in the wind. "Um, hello? Mr. Judge Fear? Mr. Judge Mortis?"...Mr. K.A.R.R.? He called out. "To be fair, I did warn at least one of you that I'd come over sometime. Forgot the tea and biscuits, though." Referring to his mock proposal directed towards Judge Fear in the Sanctuary as if he'd actually meant it, Hazama commented as he moved closer. "Just here to pay a visit and ask something. Business, you know?"

This was probably already going to be a long evening.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: On Business

Post by Fear on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Well, well, well... Look what the cat dragged in.

Hazama's aura, along with that of Phantom's and Terumi's, had been detected long before the snake-in-the-grass opened that syrupy gabber of his. What a rubbish time for the serpent to visit; they were in the midst of packing! But, can't be having ol' Hazama observe any of that, see. No, no... The well-tailored charlatan will simply run off and proceed to gossip as if he were the bloody town crier. An unnatural darkness settled upon the farmland and mist roiled over the serpent's polished shoes.

"Judge Fear," corrected a grave, rumbling voice. From the undulating shadows manifested yours truly, the Dark Judge towering over his guest beneath subdued moonlight and already prodding at Hazama's mental defenses. When he found nothing of interest or could not penetrate whatever fortifications were employed, the prickly sensation was uplifted. Couldn't say the same for all the feelings of bubbling dread and heightened urges for murder, however. "You are here for confirmation," he hissed, getting directly to the point. Ghostly eyes stared down at the serpent, their owner neither amused nor displeased by this unannounced visit. "About whether or not we had ssspent a week in a fictitiousss world dessstined for failure, trapped againssst our will to cooperate with othersss we have no desssire to asssociate with."

There was a pause, something firmly pressing down upon Hazama's shoulders before gradually fading.

"Yesss," Judge Fear continued. "The anssswer you ssseek isss yesss. Will that be all, or do you wisssh to pursssue another topic of interessst?" Psychics were not always the best at conversation.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:54 pm

It was almost as if Hazama could feel his standards being thrown out of the window before Judge Fear had even arrived. You charlatan, with such a gross misjudge of character befitting of your title! Hazama would talk about what he saw if and only if someone offered him a good enough deal for it. Not just willy-nilly! If there was one thing that wasn't good, it was losing valuable things and receiving nothing at all in return.

Feeling a prod against his mind, Hazama didn't move at all. "But I said Judge Fear, Mr. Judge Fear." He replied, the Judge's mental influence touching his own and flowing pretty well with his usual senses, anyway. It wasn't like there was anything to murder out here other than animals he may come across, and he wasn't exactly one for making a show of his abilities. Fear was concise and found the reason, however. He likely found it within the serpent's own mind, which wasn't particularly how he'd planned on getting it across, but it served its purpose well enough, he supposed.

"Personal space bubble! My, my." Hazama commented in regards to the pressure applied to his shoulder. Even if the Judge hadn't moved a muscle, Hazama knew it was either him or his brother. It wasn't exactly a mystery. Regardless, Fear filled in the blanks and answered his question. "No, that was all I wanted. Glad I spent a week in that place for nothing, huh... thank you for your time, humble homeowner." Work face on, Hazama turned, walking away. He hadn't gone all that far before he stopped, however; he'd thought of something else. Good job he remembered now and not sometime down the line.

"Oh? Hold on a second, Judge. Got any idea why we were sent there? Or what that thing at the end really was? I'll be on my way after this, I promise." May as well try and make the journey worth something, after all, and the Judge had more, shall we say... tools at his disposal to figure things out where others - Hazama, notably - may have difficulty discerning the bigger picture. The serpent kept his questions short and sweet, anyway. He didn't particularly feel the need to prolong this more than necessary, especially when he had other stops he'd be making on the way back.

Lacking merely in willpower to take long doing pretty much anything after that week, Hazama unfortunately had nothing but time.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Once a serpent, always a serpent. Hazama may shed his skin as much as he desired, but the Dark Judges will forever remain skeptical of his ambiguous intentions.

"But I said Judge Fear, Mr. Judge Fear."

Alas...

The ghoul was not put on this miserable cesspool of a planet to entertain the fancies of a one Hazama/Yuuki Terumi. Judge Fear merely let the serpent have his fun while quietly looming over him. It was all he wanted, he said... Maybe, but the Dark Judge knew better. No sooner had Hazama about-faced and thought to leave the farmstead, the Dark Judge was already trailing close behind. By the time the serpent pivoted upon his heels and asked his next question, Judge Fear was already figuratively breathing down his neck. It could be said that psychics were also not very keen on personal space bubbles.

"There hasss yet to be a definitive anssswer," he answered. Hazama's mind would throb and ache, a mild drawback of being so close. "However, it isss my belief that we were abducted for nothing more than a game of sssport. A contessst, if you will, between two ssstronger deitiesss." It made sense, given the entity that had been pulling the Red Queen's strings. As for the entity itself? A coyote howled off in the distance, its cry jarring the pregnant lull in their conversation. "I had ssseen it - once, before we had been whisssked to the dreamworld." Once, back at the forest where everything had been set into motion. How funny, though... There were a few consequences that had reflected the first group's poor choices, and yet... Judge Fear hummed and arrived to a logical, albeit potentially upsetting conclusion. "I know not itsss name nor itsss true form, but I know that it wasss a deity. And it wasss one that had thrussst usss into a dreamworld with no inherent meaning or purpossse. It wasss, Hazama, a farce. A child'sss game and nothing more, where we were the entertainment."

It was... an odd feeling, to realize that one was nothing more than another's plaything. Judge Fear was honestly not a fan of the epiphany. But it was what it was, and he would rather leave it to rot in the past. Things were better off that way.

He kept his gaze downward upon Hazama and patiently awaited the serpent's response, whimsical tone and all.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:08 pm

Put here to entertain Hazama you may not be, but you did a wonderful job of it at times, Mr. Judge. Equally, a commendable job was done at confusing him. For a start, he turned around to find himself staring into the Judge's chest. Looking up at the helm of this corpse, Hazama had to comment. "You can't come home with me, you know. It's bad manners to invite yourself in." He didn't waltz into the farmhouse, did he? He'd have thought that this Dark Judge would have some tact, but it appeared what was needed was a lesson in etiquette.

As if it wasn't evident enough with the slightly concerning level of personal space breaching that was going on at that point in time. It was honestly giving the serpent a slight headache, which was just more evidence of mental tampering. Could just be that aura, though. The aura of a Dark Judge always was an odd thing. Still, Hazama endured and sought not to comment and interrupt the response he was getting from the thing. It certainly was better information than he'd have gotten elsewhere, that was for sure. Didn't want to jump to any wrong conclusions, after all.

Arguably, he was being fairly gullible, but it wasn't like Fear had much reason to lie.

However, what caught Hazama's attention was the mention of having seen it before. It tempted Hazama to delve into the mind of his acquaintance himself, but not only did he not know just how much he would have to sift through or how much defence he would have to breach, but the idea of Fear getting annoyed and calling his friends to play metaphorical volleyball with the body Hazama was currently using wasn't exactly his idea of a good time, even if he was just a ghost. He was on the Judges' own turf right now, anyway. That and the fact that a mental link like that would likely hurt him more than it would help him led to the strictly unsavoury notion that creating a mental link here and now might not be the best of ideas. Much more than he'd be bargaining for, anyway.

Not that the explanation he got wasn't satisfactory, anyway. It made the serpent think when it came to the whole thing being a farce. It had already resembled a miniature war of sorts, what with there being two Queens locked in an near-ending conflict, the summoned Champions being the losing side's ticket to an endgame comeback. "A deity, huh...?" Hazama mused, thinking of how that word was thrust around. It could be anything, from a powerful godly user - take Hakubi, for example - to something more. It leaned towards the latter, however, when you connected the dots; Hakubi was a powerful god herself, and gods were prone to notice when something had been tampered with by someone on their level. She'd noticed enough shit from the Judges for that to be true, and on top of that to trick her into playing the game and being unable to stop the entire farce where it stood and break it apart was more than enough to convince him that it was something stronger than her. The question remained, though... what was stronger than her? There weren't many options, but it was still far too early to be coming to any conclusions, especially with his potentially limited knowledge. He had to find more sources. After all, just because the Judge had seen it didn't mean that was its first appearance.

This little excursion had raised far more questions than it had answered, but the green-headed snake was alright with that. "Ah, that's it... I told you I forgot the tea and biscuits! I'll bring some for you, next time we're in Sanctuary. Doesn't that sound wonderful, Mr. Judge?" It surely would, wouldn't it, Judgey-Wudgey? "You're far too strong to need anything from little old me, so I'll just be on my way, now. Really, though... thanks." Hazama announced, not thinking of anything else this time that he wanted to ask specifically the Judge. What he had would do, so he continued on.

And just like that, at last the serpent was gone.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:38 pm

"You sssay that asss if I need your consssent." Let that dangle for a moment, the ghoul's words a chilling implication.  

Admittedly, the only reason Hazama was getting anything at all (besides a mantrap to the face for surprise facial reconstruction) was because he remained blissfully nonliving. Judge Fear had no judicial reason to lie, or even clear motivation to act openly hostile. He did, however, keep his mental faculties heavily guarded. A smart man, that Hazama. He knew better than to go provoking an unnecessary hornet's nest and thereby encouraging a dogged pair of antagonists to pursue him to the very ends of the earth. Which they would, of course. As everyone discovered upon Crowley's death, Judge Fear was not the kind to entertain a bluff.

Hazama spoke of tea and biscuits, his voice fluttering about as it was wont to do. Charm had since lost its meaning since denying the grave. Nevertheless, Judge Fear humoured the odd little man and saw him off his way. "Don't ssskimp out," he hissed, eyes trailing Hazama's departure. It felt as if the whole world was watching. "Ceylon and ssshortbread bissscuitsss. I look forward to it, Hazama."

Judgey-Wudgey, eh?

Not so fast, Mother Dearest. You don't get to mock the law and avoid the consequences!

Right when Hazama was on the property's cusp and destined to fade from sight, the Dark Judge, standing in the exact spot he had been left at and rigid, casually raised a hand. With a sharp twist of his wrist he pretended to pinch something, his pointed talons grinding together most horridly.

Hope the serpent didn't mind his right earlobe blossoming into a cherry-red, ha ha!

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:52 am