Health Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)
    Stamina Bar:
    13/13  (13/13)

Blue Streak Speeds By

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Time: 3:35 PM
    Date: December 1st, 2014

Okay, so, in the span of what only seemed like a few minutes, Sonic had somehow survived a black hole, gotten spat out on a mysterious beach, and was currently lost in the tropics without any idea where he was, nor a friend in the world to guide him. So, all in a day's work, basically!

Any peace the tropical forest of the Apache Coastline may have once held was promptly shattered by the the very distinct streak of blue tearing through, the wind generated by it causing the various flora to sway precariously. It was really a nice beach, Sonic thought, hardly paying any attention to the trees and brush he dodged along the way. In fact, the sightseeing was keeping him at what he would have regarded as a moderate pace--although that probably would have sounded ridiculous to anyone who didn't know him. He just happened to process sights and sounds on a level that most people without his speed simply couldn't reach. It wasn't a superpower, so much as it was a side effect of him living at such a reckless tempo most of his life, for as long as he could remember, really. When around normal people, he could usually slow himself and bring his energy down to their level, but when he was alone, he was always at his most comfortable living at a velocity most others would have found a little disorienting.

It was a shame, honestly, considering the world looked so dang cool the way he saw it.

Yeah, about that... just what kinda world am I on, anyway? he wondered, giving a little hop to avoid a cluster of bushes. After a couple of minutes of darting around, he had come to the conclusion that had definitely hadn't passed by this place with Tails on their way to Eggman's latest evil funland. In fact, he was pretty sure he'd never seen it before period. He had been to a lot of beaches in his lifetime, and sure, a lot of them did start looking same-y after a while, but the more he ran, the more vaguely alien the place seemed to look. Every millisecond that went by, he was passing some plant he had never seen before, or a flower he just couldn't place. It was a little weird, to put it bluntly. Had he really ended up on an island?

Only one way to find out! he thought with a grin, quickly spotting the one thing he was sure would answer his question. Revving himself up, the hedgehog approached a tree that was much bigger and taller than any of the others he'd seen, shooting straight up the trunk in a flash of light. Once at the top, he immediately braced his leg against a branch, shading his eyes and peering out across the landscape. Well, looked like the deserted island theory was out. Stretching out for miles before him was a canopy of trees, much like the many he'd already passed, and even the stony, jagged peaks of mountain tops past that--another place of interest he'd have to remember for later. But more interesting was what laid even further beyond that: grasslands, stretching well beyond what even he could see, seemingly untouched by anyone else.

Letting out a low whistle of appreciation, Sonic leaned back, confusion starting to give way into excitement. Well, helloooooo future running spot. He still didn't have any idea where he was, or where his friends could be--or heck, even the fate of the Wisps he had tried to save--but he now knew that at the very least he wasn't trapped, and that was more than good enough for him. Within the blink of an eye, the hedgehog was back down the tree again, propelling himself through the forest and soon finding himself on what seemed to be a well worn trail. He hadn't seen anyone yet, but where there was a trail, there had to be people somewhere.

Of course, what Sonic failed to realize was that at the speed he was going, any fellow travelers he ran into were probably going to get quite the surprise...

----

((Open to anyone! Come one, come all.))
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Re: Blue Streak Speeds By

Post by Olabisi on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Oh how Olabisi loved the feeling of sand between her fabric toes. Despite the chill in the air, today was a perfect day to visit the beach. There was little wind and barely a cloud in the sky, so visit the beach she did. After a brief stroll by the ocean, the alien decided to take a walk down a nearby path. There, she would find a large stick. This gave her a rotten idea.

There, in the middle of the path, she proceeded to doodle in the dirt. They were mostly rather unflattering images of various citizens that she didn't like. She couldn't help but chuckle at her masterpiece. It was then that she heard a peculiar sound, like someone was rapidly rushing towards her. Before she could even look in the direction of the sound, she was knocked down by its source. The mummy stood up, brushing herself off annoyedly.

"Hey, you need to watch where you're going!" she barked.
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 3

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)
    Stamina Bar:
    13/13  (13/13)

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:16 am

Well, never let it be said that Sonic had any sort of penchant for thinking ahead.

In fact, the hedgehog's way of dealing with life usually involved him running headfirst into new situations until something happened, for better or for worst. It wasn't really a smart way to go about things, but it was what he'd always done, and old habits had a tendency to die hard--no matter how many lectures you'd received from your best friends about them. With the world pleasantly blurred around him, Sonic was easily able to pick out the dark shapes of trees and boulders as he swept through the forest, but people in lightly colored garments standing in the middle of his path were another story.

As such, he hadn't seen this stranger until the very last second, and by then, it was too late. Poor Olabisi never stood a chance.

"Woah!" the blue blur cried out as he felt himself make contact, hastily putting on the brakes, though he skid a ways before he came to a complete stop. Wow, he'd been in this place for less than an hour, and already he had possibly maimed one of the locals. Real smooth, Sonic. A+ hero you were. Wheeling around, he took in the form of his latest victim, noting with some relief that they were already pulling themselves up. Must've not been too hurt. The second thing he couldn't help but notice, unable to suppress a little jolt at the realization, was that he seemed to be looking straight at a bona fide mummy.

A really tall, angry mummy, who was currently (and justifiably) shouting at him for ramming her into the ground.

...Boy did he sure know how to pick 'em.

Blinking off the initial shock, Sonic quickly got his priorities into gear, numero uno being making sure that he hadn't injured this person. After all, they weren't attacking him yet, and experience had taught him that meant they were probably okay to approach--undead or otherwise. Jogging back towards the mummy, Sonic planted himself a couple of feet in front of her, unable to resist giving her a quick once over for any scuffs or bruises. "Geez, you came outta nowhere! Are you okay?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:21 am

At first, Olabisi thought about once again barking annoyedly at the strange blue creature standing before her. Yet again, her dress was covered in stains. Just how many times was she going to have to wash this thing?! Luckily for him, though, she reconsidered. He was being nice about the whole thing, after all. Why shouldn't she be nice too?

"Pfft, I came out of nowhere? I didn't even see you until it was too late! But... I'm fine, I guess," the mummy replied. "I'm not so sure I can say the same thing for my dress, though. Stains are crazy hard to get out of white fabric."

It was then that the bandaged alien took a moment to really get a good look at... whatever he was. Seriously, what was he, exactly? For a moment, she considered asking him up front, but ended up deciding against it. As unintentional as it was, he would probably interpret such a question as a really rude one to say the least.

((SO sorry for the delayed reply! D:))
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)
    Stamina Bar:
    13/13  (13/13)

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:24 pm

((No worries at all! It's a crazy time of year. ^^))

----

Sonic allowed himself to relax a bit when the stranger didn't try to yell at him again, finding himself thankful that, mummy or otherwise, she didn't seem to be super volatile as of yet. He had complete confidence in his own abilities, so it wasn't that he was intimidated--he just didn't want to roll headfirst into a fight with someone who could be a potential ally.

Plus, she was on the money about one thing: she hadn't exactly been the one dashing recklessly around the forest. "Alright, yeah, point taken." he said after a moment of thought, rubbing the back of his head a little sheepishly after he noticed the state of her clothes. "Sorry for bumping into ya there. And, err, about the dress. You're just the first person I've seen around these parts, and I've been running all over the beach for ages!"

Okay, in reality it was more like, half an hour, but for someone of Sonic's legendary patience, sometimes half an hour might as well have been days.

With the apologies out of the way, and Sonic's own concern satisfied, the hedgehog took a moment to really take in the first inhabitant of... whatever this place was that he'd encountered. His initial idea that she'd been a mummy didn't seem to be that far fetched (unless this place had some sort of weird dress code going on), as the aforementioned bandages seem to attest, but she definitely didn't look like any mummy he'd ever seen. Her eyes were far too big, and, well, pink to be remotely human, for one thing, and she was far too tall to be another fellow hedgehog, or a fox, or... anything, really. Not that he'd really met many mummies in his day. Although, with the kinds of people he hung out with, he was sort of surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Maybe she was an alien mummy...?

Blinking himself out of his daze, Sonic looked back to the stranger, unable to help noticing she seemed to be eyeing him with the same amount of curiosity he had for her. She didn't say anything, though... maybe she'd never seen a hedgehog before, if his alien theory was correct. Or maybe she was just trying to be polite. Looked like it was up to him to break the ice again, he thought with a smirk, holding his hands up in a friendly gesture. "S'alright, you can look! I'm used to it by now." That was life when you were the world's #1 Hero, after all. "Hey, what's your name, anyway?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:32 pm

The mummy looked away from the strange blue creature, embarrassed. It would seem that he noticed her staring at him. She let out a sigh of relief when he made it clear that he didn't mind, though. Apparently confused and fascinated stares was a thing that he was well-accustomed to.

"I'm still sorry for staring, though," she apologized. "The name's Olabisi, by the way. If that's too much of a mouthful, you can just call me Ola."

As the two of them conversed, a thought crossed the bandaged alien's mind. This stranger really didn't seem to know his way around here. Maybe he was new? She opted to ask him just that.

"Say, you wouldn't happen to have ended up here after getting sucked into a blue light, would you?"
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)
    Stamina Bar:
    13/13  (13/13)

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Seeing how sheepish the mummy appeared, Sonic wondered if pointing out that he'd noticed her looking at him was the best idea. He really didn't mind--back where he came from, he had been a celebrity and a world renowned hero from the tender young age of... honestly, now that he thought about it, he couldn't really remember anymore. Seemed like he'd just been adventuring forever, in the grand scheme of things. The point was, people had a tendency to stare wherever he went, and he had adapted enough to ignore it most of the time. Heck, maybe even enjoy it a little, depending on who was doing it.

So really, from his perspective, this girl really wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. He still wanted to reassure her, though. "Hey, no worries. Not like you were the only one starin'." he shrugged, ears perking up when she introduced herself. So, Olabisi, huh? Now that was an interesting name right there. Not one he'd ever heard before, which once again left him wondering where she was from--and where he was, for that matter.

Smiling, he offered his arm to her in a handshake, deciding to opt for the casual. "Nice to meet you, Ola!" he replied, glad they were getting introductions out of the way so he wouldn't have to keep thinking of her as "the mummy", or "the girl" anymore. Talk about impersonal. "I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog."

And if he said those words a little too proudly, or puffed his chest out just a little too far, well, that was for Olabisi to decide.

With the two of them now properly acquainted, and their earlier awkwardness mostly pushed aside, Sonic's new companion wasted no time getting to the big questions. Honestly taken aback, the hedgehog found himself unable to do much more than blink at her, bug eyed, before crashing back to earth and realizing how dumb he must look. "Uhhh, yeah, actually, now that you mention it..." Geez, was this really going to be that easy? Trying to gain back some semblance of chill, Sonic crossed his arms, projecting the air of someone who did what he described next daily. "I was just outrunning a super massive black hole down the elevator shaft of a megalomaniac's giant interstellar amusement park, when the next thing I know, I see a blue flash of light, and wham. End up here with a face and mouth full of sand." He spat, as if suddenly remembering he still had grains in his teeth. "How'd you guess?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Olabisi was silent for a moment. She was going to have to tell him, wasn't she? Yup, she was. If it wasn't her, someone else was going to have to do it eventually. She sighed before dropping the bombshell.

"I know because that's how everyone gets here," the mummy began. "I fell into one of those blue portals myself. We're apparently all brought here because of the destruction of the... megaverse, I think it's called. Everyone around here comes from their own universe, and they were all brought here because of the eminent destruction of their universe."

The alien looked away for a moment before turning back to face the hedgehog.

"Sadly, there's no going back once you're here. Hope's not completely lost, though. A friend or two of yours might join you here someday. I had my best friend join me here not too long ago. As a matter of fact, we're living together now."
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)
    Stamina Bar:
    13/13  (13/13)

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:50 pm

"...Haaeeh?"

Was Sonic's eloquent response to the information Olabisi had kindly given to him. Truth be told, he had sort of been expecting most of it. He had expected interdimensional shenanigans, given that he had never seen this place before, and it didn't match any description he could have given of his own planet. He had been expecting that blue light he saw to be what transported him here, since even he realized that the black hole being the thing to do it was a little far fetched. Heck, he even halfway expected to hear that there was no way back, which, yeah, was definitely all kinds of terrible, but just because someone said something didn't necessarily mean it was true.

What he hadn't ever been expecting were the words 'destroyed' and 'universe.'

"Woah woah woah," the hedgehog sputtered, clapping a hand to the side of his head like her words physically overwhelmed him. "I can't believe I'm saying this--no, seriously, I really can't believe I'm saying this--but slow down a second here." He seemed to straighten himself now, hands splayed out for emphasis. "Did I just hear you imply that my universe was destroyed?"

That thought, for Sonic, was completely brainbreaking. It just didn't register. He refused to believe his world could have been outright destroyed after what had happened to him in space. Sure, the black hole had been terrifyingly big, but Eggman's amusement park was really the only thing that could have been obliterated in it's path, as far as he knew. He had taken the bad guys down, and saved the day, just like he always had. Just like he always would. Olabisi had to be wrong somehow.

Still, despite his steadfast convictions, the hedgehog couldn't help the sudden flutter of unease growing in the pit of his stomach.

"Look, I maaaay have forgotten to mention this earlier, but I was kind of in the process of saving my universe when that portal thing showed up. Or at least the planets in it." he gave a little one-armed shrug in a way that attempted to be casual, though it was clear there was more tension in his body then there had been before. "There's no way it could be destroyed on my watch."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:50 am

"Oh! Sorry, sorry," Olabisi apologized, waving her hands. This was a lot to take in, after all. "But yes, you did hear me right. Everyone who is brought here was brought here because of the eminent destruction of their universe."

The alien could see the look on Sonic's face. She could read his expression perfectly. It was a look of pure disbelief. She knew how he must have felt. This wasn't easy news for her to take in when she first arrived either. After a long, awkward silence, the hedgehog spoke up again. Apparently he had been in the middle of saving his universe at the time of his departure.

"Ah, a hero I see. Look, maybe I'm not the best person to explain this. Maybe you should take it up with..." the bandaged woman paused for a moment. Was this a good idea? "Well, he's kinda the overseer of this world. It's said that you can summon him by saying his name. It's..."

She sighed. Here goes nothing!

"X. Portal-X."
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:28 pm

"X. Portal-X."

Ask and you shall -

CRACK - OOOOOOOOOOM!!

In a blaze of cyan energy streaked everyone's favourite resident Portal Deity. His polished shoes were a blur, his legs pinwheels of pure speed, and just as it seemed that he would be zooming past the two chatter-birds... SCREEEEECH! Portal-X put on the brakes and kicked up an ungodly amount of sand. It blotted out everything; the sky, the beach, and even each other! "Oops! Did I do that?" asked a dapper voice. With one graceful flourish of his hand and a light tap of his heels, a mysterious gust of wind rolled through the area and whisked all that pesky sand and debris away. Now let's get a good look at his newest - "Oh my!" Portal-X gasped, slapping both hands upon his featureless face. "A blue hedgehog! You sure don't see that everyday." It was on par with seeing a red echidna and an evil man who didn't at all resemble an egg.
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)
    Stamina Bar:
    13/13  (13/13)

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 pm

As quick on the draw as Sonic was, in the face of being told his world was gone--that he'd failed somehow--the hedgehog could only bring himself to stare at the girl in front of him like she'd grown two heads.

"That... listen, that can't be right." he pinched the area above his nose, privately wracking his brain for something that could make her see. "I save worlds. Whole galaxies, even. That's what I do, that's what I've always done, and that ain't gonna stop anytime soon." Opening his eyes, he fixed Olabisi with a gaze that was not unkind, but still fiercely stubborn all the same. "I can believe you when you say I'm in a different universe. Been there, done that, and frankly, this place does seem kinda whacked out. But trying to convince me that my world is gone? Just like that? That's not cool." She had to be confused somehow.

She has to be.

Firmly having convinced himself, Sonic leaned back on his foot, and waited to hear what the girl had to say next. His ears did perk up when she mentioned an overseer, inwardly working out what that meant. So, there was a god that oversaw this place, huh? After what Olabisi just told him, he wasn't feeling all that inclined to believe her, but it did increase his feeling of unease. Gods had a tendency to be bad news where he came from. Maybe he had something to do with Olabisi's claims, if he really existed. Maybe...

Olabisi wrote:"It's said that you can summon him by saying his name. It's... X. Portal-X."

"Wait, what?!"

What happened next came so fast even he would have had a hard time dodging it. There was sound, a figure moving towards him in such a familiar way that Sonic vaguely wondered if he should sue, and then the hedgehog was consumed in a sandy wonderland for the second time that day. A new record! Just as quickly as it engulfed him, it was gone, leaving him, yes, once again spitting up sand. The irony of the situation was certainly not lost on him. "Okay, I'll admit it: I deserved that."

Once he finished clearing all remaining sand from his face, Sonic narrowed his eyes and took in their latest... arrival. The shape was humanoid, that much he could glean, but nearly everything else pointed to this not being the case--namely the fact that he had no face, at least that he could discern. Humans didn't tend to have X's in the place of facial features.

Realizing he was being addressed, the hedgehog snorted, for once not really in the mood for any shenanigans. "Yeah, well, I do try to be original." he retorted somewhat lamely, crossing his arms in defiance. "So, you must be Portal-X, huh? Ola here was just telling me about you." opening one eye, he jerked a thumb towards said mummy for emphasis. Secretly, he was now feeling even more nervous--if Olabisi was right about this, then what else was she right about...? "Somethin' about how my world was destroyed and I can't go back. You know how it is, I'm sure."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Wed May 06, 2015 9:46 am

"Whoa," the mummy muttered to herself. "I wasn't even sure if that was actually going to work, but there he is!" Despite what she had heard before about summoning him, Olabisi was still not prepared for the sudden appearance of Portal X, THE Portal X. It worked, it actually worked!

Though she did feel bad for the strange blue hedgehog, the alien still couldn't help but chuckle as he found himself spitting up sand. Karma, perhaps? She hoped that he didn't notice, and quickly silenced herself.

"Yes, Portal X," she piped in, acknowledging the portal deity with great regard. "I was sure that you could tell him more about his situation than I could ever hope to."
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Wed May 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Aw, would you just look at these doe-eyed babes. With an elegant flourish of his hand and a click of his polished heels, Portal-X bowed before his two citizens. "At your service," said he, the Wise and... Not Entirely Sane. Ah, but what was this? The Portal Deity glanced up and brought a hand to his ear; the very one and the same that had magically sprung outward from his head like a daisy in Spring. "Situation? Destruction of his world? Oh certainly, certainly!" And so, with a happy bounce in his step, the jovial and, aha~!, rather dapper Portal-X instantly latched onto his little blue prickly friend. Pay no mind to the one-armed hug, or to the black hand reaching up to tug on your grumpy cheek. "No need to be so sour," the Portal Deity remarked. "Yes, your world went kablooey like everyone's, but hey! Look on the bright side, mate - you're alive and that's what counts." But maybe Sonic wouldn't see it this way? Thinking, Portal-X rubbed his chin in only the most serious of thought.

Read: not at all.

"Well," he continued, thoughts stringing along as a hand lightly patted the hedgehog's shoulder, "it could be worse, agreed. But there is plenty opportunity here and your heroic deeds aren't necessarily tethered to one universe. I'm sure you'll do just fine here, m'boy. But!" And here the Portal Deity took a step back, allowing Sonic his precious breathing space. "But, who am I to decide? You are free to do as you please, be it for good, evil, or nothing at all. Same to you, Olabisi. Though I believe you both to operate on a more... hmm, virtuous standpoint."

Ah, but that was enough yapping these kids' ears off. ...Did Olabisi even have ears? Eurgh, best not to consider one's anatomy. He shoved the nosy interruption aside and continued, "Now then! I reckon you have questions, yes? If so, ask away. I will answer everything in the same tune as I had five years ago." A pause.

A pause, before...

"Er... pardon me, Olabisi, but... where are your ears?"
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)
    Stamina Bar:
    13/13  (13/13)

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog on Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 am

Olabisi wrote:"I wasn't even sure if that was actually going to work, but there he is!"

"Yeah, there he is alright..." the blue hedgehog muttered, fixing the ground with an expression that could almost be read as forlorn. What had he done to deserve this? Dealing with strange new worlds was one thing, but gods? It wasn't like he hadn't dealt with those before, but for some reason, he didn't really like the looks of this one--especially if he could move that fast. That was his thing, dangit!

Curling his lip into a frown, Sonic scoffed as Portal-X took his bow, for the moment none too impressed. Oh, so now he has manners. he thought, clearly forgetting just who the rude one in this situation was. Okay, so the magical ear thing might have taken him just a little off guard, but any awe or wonder in his gaze immediately dissolved when the god wrapped an ever-so-chummy arm around him, causing him to squirm and kick to no avail. "Hey! Personal space, have y'ever heard of it?" Said grumpy face only grew more death glare-y when he latched on to his cheek and tugged like he was a pouting child, igniting an embarrassment in the hedgehog that only worsened when he realized Olabisi was looking. No one besides certain pink hedgehogs ever dared to touch him like that. If this went on much longer, Sonic was considering showing him why.

If there was one thing he did know and know for certain, however, it was this: this guy was absolutely insane.

Somehow, this little nugget of knowledge failed to make him feel any better when he really listened to what Portal-X had to say, though. It was one thing to hear Olabisi say it, but hearing the news so casually delivered from the being partially wrapped around him made him literally bristle. He wondered if it was possible for gods to feel pinpricks. "The bright side? You're telling me my home, friends, everything is gone, and you want me to look at the bright side?" Although he was doing his best to project defiance, anxiety was finally starting to pound through him, and the fact that he was denying this optimism in the first place was probably a clue to his mental state. Optimism came easily for him, usually. It was part of who he was, part of how he got by even when times were rough. But being told so easily he had lost everything, that he'd failed... that was a new level for him entirely.

Growling, he wrenched away when Portal-X finally let him go, although his defensive stance betrayed that he was listening. He didn't like what he was hearing, but he listened. The sentiment that he could be just as heroic here struck a chord with him, as that was one of the few personal laws he always abided by. He would always be willing to help, no matter where he was, or how strange the people were. This place was... weird, but it was no weirder than anywhere else he'd been, and he was sure he could easily make a life here if he so chose to.

The problem was, he just couldn't believe it--even after hearing it from the god of this world himself. He couldn't believe that there was no going back, not yet, not until he made sure for himself. He had people back there waiting for him, people who relied on him. Come hell or high water, Sonic would find a way to come back to them--to save them, no matter what the cost.

Tails, Knuckles, Amy...

Shaking himself out of his thoughts, the hedgehog adopted a much more relaxed pose as he took in the rest of what Portal-X had to say, re-crossing his arms gently. "Well, that's good to hear, because I play by my own rules." he said with a grin. "Would've been just my luck to end up in a place that enforced like, a dress code or something."

Suddenly looking a bit more somber, Sonic turned to Olabisi, unsure how to phrase what he wanted to say next. "Look Ola... X..." (That one might have been said with just an eensy bit of a glare) "I get what you're trying to do, I think, but I can't accept that answer yet. Not until I've seen more of this place, not until I know for sure. I got people waiting on me back at home, and, just... yeah. Besides, no offense," And this look was directed squarely at Portal-X. "But I don't exactly have the best track record with... higher authority."

Well, that was out. The offer to get some questions answered from the god himself was a tempting one, but truth be told, Sonic found himself itching to get out of there after what he'd just heard. Olabisi said he got sucked in by a portal... if that really was how everyone arrived in this world, then surely there were others popping up all over the place, right? With his speed, it probably wouldn't be hard to find one. Maybe, if he was lucky, he'd stumble across one that could take him home. "I can't speak for Ola on that one," he snorted, already starting to stride off purposely. "And I've got something I need to do before I ask any questions. I do have a recommendation, though..."

Pausing, he looked over his shoulder, giving the pair behind him his best smirk. "Don't blink." With a cheeky wink in Olabisi's direction, he was off in a streak of light, tearing through the trees like a force of nature. Those portals weren't going to find themselves.

---

((Woah, this turned into a monster of a post! I think I'm going to end Sonic's journey in this thread here. Thank you to the both of you for participating in this with me, it's been a ton of fun! If either of you guys would like to end it out, feel free. :) ))

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 am