0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Breakeven

Post by Kev on Tue May 26, 2015 3:23 pm

((WHOOO SUMMER))

Names were usually preferred short. Especially among humans, who had up to three different types of names. Kev's full name had three structures, but he seldom went by the other two. They were for identification, to know who his parents were, though the 'last' name for humans was similar. Though pondering over names led to Kev looking up at Discord with a sudden curiosity. "You know, most pony names I've heard are short. Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, your name...even Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are just two words. I think this Cadence pony is the first pony I've heard of with three words in her name." And it couldn't just be because she was a Princess, because the other Princesses had either one or two words to their name. Mi Amore Cadenza was a love pony [i]and a fancy pony who needed a long, long name. Had to be her parents' idea.

Twilight had a castle already? Kev blinked, though that sounded vaguely familiar...ah yes! Discord had mentioned it to Fluttershy when he was catching her up. Twilight had a castle, but no kingdom. And apparently this castle was small, not nearly as impressive as the others. "Huh...that's kinda weird." Kev brought up a hand and rested his head upon his palm as he contemplated. "Of course, I've seen castles that didn't really have a kingdom here, but that's usually because the castles had been brought here without the kingdom." Without a kingdom to rule, it made the castle part a little...strange. "But hey, maybe it has more security! As a Princess, Twilight probably needs royal guards and stuff." Princess of Magic and Friendship she may be, all-knowing God she was not.

Kev chuckled back in amusement, and the chuckles only intensified when Discord suggested they'd imprint on Judge Fear. "Kekeke, I bet they would!" Immediately, Kev imagined the Dark Judge, leering dangerously. Opening his dark cape to reveal...A FLOCK OF VAMPIRE FRUIT BATS! The Dark Judge, cackling darkly as the bats attacked little fruit people who counted as being alive. The alien snorted, covering his nose with a sheepish look. "Hehehe...Judge Fear with a bunch of bats...that might actually be adorable or something!" He was dark and gloomy looking, he'd probably mesh well with bats!

"Ooh, versatile?" Kev pondered for a moment. "Hmm...I think an old friend of mine had chaotic magic. Or maybe he was just a magical guy who happened to be chaotic...but something tells me your magic might be more varied since all I really saw from him was healing, floating...stuff like that." The magic Discord seemed to have was almost fueled by his imagination. Still felt like himself, just a different shaped version of himself? Kev raised a brow, not fully understanding such a concept. Even with his own transformations, he had been changed completely so that he didn't feel like himself. He'd never really had a magical disguise or anything...though between Discord's preening and the way he just described himself, Kev couldn't help another snicker. "I'll say this, you're definitely one of a kind!"

Someone's ego was on an upward spiral, as Discord puffed his chest out like a proud rooster and boasted of being extremely powerful, and perfect. The powerful part, he had to agree on. Discord was, after all, the Spirit of Chaos! Spirits weren't weak, as Kev had been learning. "Yes, wouldn't want to hide away all of that beauty, right?" Besides, the original Discord was the best Discord! Though...Kev now scanned his eyes over Discord's form, analyzing him. Never really tried any age shenanigans...it made him wonder how old Discord even was. He had a little white beard...big ole white eyebrows. Was Discord...old?

Speaking of age, Discord set to correcting Kev's assumption that Spike was a pony, the alien shaking his head to draw himself out of thought. "A baby dragon?" He'd seen dragons, but never a baby one! "Aaw..." He was quite close with Twilight, and the alien couldn't help but shake his head at Discord. "I think he sounds kinda interesting! A little baby dragon..." A wittle, scaly critter with tiny little teeth...oh! It was too cute! "Hopefully, if Twilight ever comes, he comes with her. I'd love to meet another scaly reptile! Even if it is a little spawn." Discord followed it up with a note to himself to add turning into a human to a list of reasons why he needed his full power. "If it helps, going through those 'world ending, Gods coming down to destroy stuff, getting kidnapped' type events are really good for boosting your powers. Spars, training and fights are too, but there's usually a lot more fighting during those things. Just...make sure to properly take care of whatever mental trauma comes out of it instead of letting it fester into a whole mess of neuroses..." Not like he was speaking from experience of course!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Thu May 28, 2015 12:35 am

((YEAY-UH SUMMAH TIME!))

That was an unexpected observation…but seemingly true nonetheless. Discord thought for a long moment about that. No, he couldn’t think of any other pony names longer than two words. Perhaps the more legendary creatures wou- Wait a moment… They were all short as well! Tirek, Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Gilda, Sta- ”There was a unicorn named Starswirl the Bearded and another named Clover the Clever once upon a time,” he pointed out thoughtfully. ”I’m not certain if those are titles or actual names… Ponies are strange like that. But other than that, I can’t think of any longer than three words.”

Discord merely shrugged. He supposed that Twilight having her own castle wasn’t entirely unwarranted. It was symbolic of her status, after all, and it kept her from complaining about how useless she felt as a rookie princess. ”I didn’t see any guards when I was last there, but that could’ve changed in the time I’ve been gone,” he speculated. ”Plus there’s no doubt that she’s a princess anymore because of the castle, so I suppose that’s something.” As if the whole alicorn thing didn’t give away her royal majesty already… Then again, nopony really treated her like a princess for a long time, so perhaps it was necessary.

He just couldn’t quit snickering at that idea, especially not when Kev seemed so amused by the thought as well. ”It would certainly be something,” Discord chuckled. It would be even more amusing if they were just fruit bats rather than vampire fruit bats; vampire fruit bats actually looked intimidating. Fruit bats, on the other hand, were literally bats that appeared to be made of fruit. Now that would be adorable. Talk about getting attacked by rainbows!

What’s this? wrote:"I think an old friend of mine had chaotic magic. "

Discord leaned forward attentively in a pose that clearly said ‘go on.’ So, naturally, he was pretty disappointed when Kev wasn’t certain of whether her friend genuinely used chaotic magic or not. Floating and healing, huh? Could be anything, really… The floating sounded almost promising, if this person had no wings. Discord hummed thoughtfully. ”Is there any chance I’ve heard of or met this friend of yours?” Hopefully that wouldn’t end up provoking painful memories again… They’d filled their quota for depressing thoughts and awkward exchanges already.

”I am one of a kind, aren’t I?” he boasted shamelessly. Even in Equestria there was hardly another draconequus to be found these days. Being the odd one in the room wasn’t always a bad thing; he kept everyone on their toes that way. ”It’s true, I wouldn’t have myself any other way.” He hadn’t changed his appearance significantly in the centuries he had been alive for a reason. There was certainly nothing wrong with him; it was everything and everypony else that needed shaken up every once in a while. Poor Equestria must be so boring without him… Unless his situation would end up being like Fluttershy’s was, in which case Equestria would be doing just fine with another version of him running around and correcting things.

That disconcerting paradox aside, they had a baby dragon to fawn over. (Well, Kev did anyway. Discord didn’t have the same appreciation for the little dragon, apparently.) ”Yes, he’s an adorable little baby.” It was obvious from the tone of Discord’s voice that he didn’t mean any of that. The thought of Twilight coming to the Breach gave him an unfavorable feeling which he avoided exploring, however, as he recalled Fluttershy’s similar wish from when he had first arrived. ”Well if I see either of them around, I’ll know who to send them to visit,” he promised with a slight smile.

”I’m certainly glad that my mentally scarring experience wasn’t a complete waste of time,” he said, sounding as if it were a humorous comment but not laughing. ”I think I’d prefer just sparring instead in the future. There’s less trauma that way. If I do happen to get teleported into a forest of briars right in the middle of a war between rival kingdoms again in the future, however, I’ll know how to deal with the aftermath of it now.” Dear Princess Celestia; today I learned the value of group therapy. ”Live and learn.” Die and then live and learn, more like...
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 pm

((oh god you reminded me that I am very far behind on Regular Show xD SUMMERTIME AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS~))

Starswirl the Bearded and Clover the Clever? Kev's head tilted thoughtfully. "Those are some nice names, too." Starswirl sounded so...magical. And he had a beard! Clover was a pretty name, though Discord had a point. The added mention of being clever and bearded sounded like a title rather then a name. Though, some names could be derived from titles. "Pony names do seem pretty...strange. Sometimes cutesy, sometimes...words all put together. Like Twilight Sparkle! It's like being named Midnight..." Kev paused, trying to think up a proper word to replace sparkle. "...Showers! And then there's these names with titles...ponies are definitely interesting." Three words seemed to be the cap on pony names, Discord unable to remember any with four to five words in it.

No guards? "Hopefully. I imagine she can probably hold herself with her magic, but as a Princess she'd still need some assistance." No no, let's just leave one of our world leaders to be attacked! Then again the world of these ponies didn't seem to be one where murder was popular... Kev gave a quick nod to Discord. "Yeah. Having a castle and land is pretty much what you need for those things. I know there's been some Royalty who've come here, trying to keep their title and kinda shove it around and stuff. But if you don't have the power to back yourself, a castle, or land...well, it's just a title. For instance, my friend Cailia's a Queen and she has an entire island of Fae she rules over." She had power, she had a castle, and she had land with people on it. There was no doubt that she was a Queen. Not that power, castle and land were all needed at once. Prixlezub was a Demon Prince and he had the power to back up his title.

It'd be something alright, and the two shared a rather good chuckle over such a silly situation. It felt rather nice to laugh, compared to the sadness from earlier. It was good to see that even though they both had lost a friend, they were not sinking into a depressing pit of despair. The happy feeling ebbed away when Discord asked if he had ever met the chaotic friend. The idea of another chaotic being on the Breach obviously interested Discord, particularly one with magical skills. The draconequus didn't know any better, and it was with that in mind that Kev averted his gaze to the ground and shook his head from side to side. "I'm sorry, Discord...he left before you came here." His chest felt tight, wound up and unhappy and the alien let out a soft sigh. "I'm sorry, we seem to keep coming back to this, huh?" Awkward, and almost guilty, Kev poured himself another cup of tea without glancing up at Discord. "I'll stop bringing up people who aren't here anymore..." It was the least he could do, considering the situation.

Kev focused on the good, the positives of their conversation, such as Discord's boasting. The alien chuckled, but otherwise did not respond aside from a nod or two of agreement. He found even more amusement in Discord's tone when he described Spike, relaxing and looking back up at Discord again. "Oh, you sound like a big fan." For Discord, a baby dragon was probably just a normal occurrence. Much like any old baby critter. It cries, it poops, it sleeps...Kev could see how such things weren't very mystifying or even interesting to others. Really, just the idea of a wittle scaly guy made him want to gush. "Thank you Discord, that would be lovely." Meeting Twilight would be great all the same, but to meet Spike too? Ah, it'd be great! Though Kev could not return the smile, he attempted to do his best through his eyes. It was a simple offer, but it was one that nevertheless eased the tightness from his chest and almost made him forget about friends long gone.

Kev let out a scoff, though it was in agreement rather then opposition to what Discord had said. "Oh, absolutely. At least we've got something out of it..." Without Fluttershy around though, Kev would hate to see what would happen to Discord if he were ever to go through too much trauma. "Luckily, it's pretty voluntary most of the time. Or a case of wrong time, wrong place. So if you don't want to take part in that stuff in the future, there's usually a lot of other people who will do it. You just make sure to hang tight in the cottage." It did make Kev curious though, and he pulled his fresh cup of tea closer as he pondered. "I actually think it's been a year since I've been involved in any 'end of the world' type situations...or any big fights like that. Flew by fast..." He shook his head, and looked back at Discord. A war between rival kingdoms, was it? Sounded...different. Especially compared to what he had been through himself. "Well, we can sit in our cottages and stay safe together, then afterwards talk about everything over a cup of tea." He punctuated it by pointing towards Discord with his cup. A promise of his own.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun May 31, 2015 4:01 pm

((I'm like two seasons behind at least. xD AND I DOOO but I don't know if we're thinking of the same thing))

He supposed they weren’t horrible names, title-resemblance and alliteration aside. Cutesy indeed, and pretty random as well, exactly like Midnight Showers. Discord snickered. Who knew, maybe there was somepony actually named Midnight Showers somewhere. ”And then sometimes they’re a little too fitting like the apple-bucker named Applejack or the weather pony named Cloud Kicker.” Or Discord the spirit of chaos and disharmony… But again, he had his badassery with which to redeem himself. ”Interesting is certainly one word for it.” He wasn’t sure it was the one he would use to describe anything pony-related, but he supposed it was fitting for somepony like Kev to use.

Nope, there was no doubt that Twilight could hold her own in a fight if she needed to. She had been one of the most powerful unicorns he had ever seen, and as an alicorn she was still formidable. She could always use the guards to run errands for her, though; at least then they’d be of some use.

He had some experience with being unable to really back up his title; these days he still couldn’t even manage half of what he could before coming to the Breach. So much for the-- Wait, Caila? ”I’ve heard of her before… Everyone thought she had something to do with what happened this summer. This lady named Sonia was a queen of one castle, and everybody was speculating that Caila was the other queen we needed to meet,” he explained, sounding as if he were merely pondering aloud. ”If she’s a queen then that certainly explains why the others came to that conclusion…” And if she was Kev’s friend… Discord was suddenly grateful that he hadn’t seen that excursion to the end, even if the way he got out of it wasn’t very preferable.

And again, he just had to ask. He fidgeted awkwardly for a moment as Kev averted his gaze. ”Oh. Apologies.” Again, he wasn’t sure what else to say. Just not mentioning things related to lost friends seemed like a good idea. ”And I’ll stop asking about them,” he agreed.

Not allowing himself to dwell on that either, his attention shifted over to himself along with Kev’s, then on to Spike once more. ”I worship the ground he walks upon,” he added in the same bland, monotone voice. In all honesty, he wouldn’t actually mind Spike’s company if the pair came to the Breach. At this point, anything from home would be welcomed by him, even somepony as lame and unfamiliar to him as Spike. He nodded once in response to Kev; he’d be happy to send them over if he ever encountered them.

Voluntary? Who the hell would volunteer to do something like that? He supposed he had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time last summer because he couldn’t recall ever giving his permission to be kidnapped by who knows what in his sleep. Granted he had never told anyone not to kidnap him in his sleep… Regardless, he’d much rather risk getting kidnapped again than just stay in Fluttershy’s little cottage in the woods all the time. He had a job now, and even if he didn’t, he wouldn’t last a second before going completely stir-crazy. Repeatedly reorganizing furniture could only get him so far, as he knew from experience; he needed variety in his life to stay healthy and “sane.”

”There’s an idea,” he said aloud. ”I do enjoy these little talks of ours, as few of them as there have been. Hopefully I’ll actually call first one of these days…” Don’t think about Fluttershy, don’t think about Fluttershy, don’t think about her right now. ”You’re welcome to stop by the cottage in the forest anytime you like as well, of course. I’ll tell the eagle to leave you be.”  Who needs locks when you have birds of prey? Not to mention all the other animals. They seemed cute and cuddly on their own from afar, but a whole hoard of them all over you? Not so much. ”I can show you where it is sometime when it gets warmer if you like.”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:20 pm

((I've caught a few more recent episodes but I haven't seen them like...as a whole. So there's some things I'm like 'oh okay cloud people that's a thing'. And I'm talking about this! Sorry, guess it sounded really weird when just out of the blue xD))

Discord seemed to like his butchered attempt at a pony name, and Kev snickered in return. Some of the pony names were also quite appropriate to their jobs! It did sound coincidental for a pony named Applejack to deal with apples, or a pony named Cloud Kicker to work with weather. "Or Pinkie Pie, the pink pony baker! I wonder how confusing it'd be if a pony had a job that was the exact opposite of what their name is. Like Watery Grave, the baby Doctor." Bet such a pony would go out of business. Though that joke was a bit dark, Kev still snickered to himself before nodding back to Discord, not quite catching that he was a lot less interested then Kev himself was.

Though apparently Discord had heard of Cailia...once he explained, it clicked. "Oh yeah, that's right! Sonia and Cailia were both...mind controlled or something, and pitted against each other in that thing you were talking about. Sonia's a queen too, though I think it's more of a title and a birthright then her having actual land...and of course there's her lobsters..." People being changed against their will into fulfilling roles like that was sadly not unheard of. "Don't worry, Cailia isn't all that bad. Her involvement in that was probably like Sonia's, which is pretty much against her will. Something else dragged them in there, just like the rest of you guys." Though he had to give the group that Discord was with some credit, for putting it together that Cailia was the other Queen. "Hmm..." He made a thoughtful hum, almost wishing he could have been there simply because he was curious and a bit worried about what had happened to Sonia and Cailia during all of that. Sonia had definitely been a lot more sad since then...

Kev shook his head at Discord's apology. "It's alright, you didn't know. I'm the one who knew he was gone, so I shouldn't have mentioned him at all." He almost wanted to say that Kefka was better off forgotten, but that didn't sound right. They had had some good memories...for the short time that they were friends, the clown had been a very good one. To simply forget him would be a great disservice, and there were others that were much better off forgotten. Thankfully, Discord's monotone devotion to Spike lightened the mood considerably, the alien laughing out loud and almost boisterous as it echoed in the Draconequus' mind. "I bet your knees ache from bowing to him so much!" Made sense, after all, if Twilight was a Princess, perhaps her dragon was a duke! Snickering like a gremlin at the idea of a grown Draconequus bowing to a baby Duke dragon, Kev set his cup down on the coffee table so he wouldn't spill it all over himself in his laughing. A few moments later he settled down, wiping a tear away before he grabbed his cup and held it close to his chest. "Oh, you are too good at that flat voice. Especially for a guy with a normally very animated voice!"

Discord liked the idea of coming over to have little talks, even expressing an interest in calling first, and the alien perked up in his chair. "Oh, and it'll actually work too! I have a TTY device now, so if you call, I'd actually be able to answer and talk back!" He paused for a moment, realizing that maybe Discord wouldn't understand why exactly the TTY device was so amazing, and Kev lifted a free hand to point at his own head. "My telepathy doesn't transmit over phones." And yet, he could talk to robots. It was semi-confusing. Perhaps it was because the phone itself didn't have any mind or cognitive properties... "I like our talks too, you're a really interesting guy." Discord offered for Kev to come over sometime, though his head tilted at the mention of an eagle. "Is he like an attack eagle?" He knew Fluttershy liked animals and had quite a few of them, but attack eagles were something else entirely. It hit him suddenly, that Discord was left alone with who knows how many animals, and the alien stared down at the floorboards for a moment. Ouch...even for a chaotic spirit, that had to be a handful. "Alright. And if you ever need any help, don't hesitate to ask." Discord also offered to show him where the cottage was once it was warmer, and Kev looked back up at him to nod. "Thank you, I'd appreciate it! I've always wanted to see the cottage." He'd thought about going, but never really got around to coming over to see the new place.

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:40 pm

((Heheh, cloud people... That show is so messed up it's awesome. xD Hey, we were thinking of the same thing! :D))

Discord would’ve spat out his drink if he hadn’t set it down a while ago. ”Thank Celestia nopony has actually named their foal that!” he exclaimed. That little horse would certainly go out of business, assuming he didn’t change his name long before then.  ”That poor pony’s life would be over before it even started.” No pun intended. That would be a pony worthy of even Discord’s pity…

”Oh yes, the lobsters were there as well,” he said. ”They actually saved us early on.” It had been an unexpected but welcome turn of events at the time, and not a moment too soon either. The Bandersnatch would’ve ended the lives of the entire group right then and there before any of them even knew what was happening if that tidal wave of lobsters hadn’t held it at bay and carried them to relative safety. Ah, memories… It was good to know that Caila wasn’t all bad. Discord was content to take Kev’s word for it, seeing as he didn’t have much to go off of as far as judging her character for himself was concerned. ”Good to know; I look forward to meeting her sometime while she isn’t brainwashed.”

As the conversation turned darker, Discord once again had no idea how he could comfort Kev. As a result, he didn’t say anything; Kev was content to move on to other topics, and he was content to allow it, so he saw no need to risk saying something that may just make things worse. The sound of Kev’s excitable laughing was a welcome contrast from the previously sour mood, and Discord found himself positively beaming along with the sound.

Magical Talking Sitar wrote:"I bet your knees ache from bowing to him so much!"

”I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Discord said sarcastically. Not even a second later, both of his legs fell off and landed on the floor with a pair of thumps. Discord looked down at them for a second with a blank expression before looking up at Kev. ”It’s worth it,” he said, his tone seemingly completely serious. He couldn’t even give the standard moment for that to sink in for comic effect, however; Kev was already laughing and, much too soon, so was he. What could he say, Kev’s joviality was apparently contagious!

His laughter died down before Kev’s, and he spent the time it took Kev to restore his own composure to reattach his legs, picking one off the floor and jamming it back on forcefully and then the other. He gave them an experimental flex before deciding everything was ship-shape and returning his attention to Kev. He grinned cheesily at the compliment. ”Why thank you; I’m here all week. Well, not here here, but you know…around.” Maybe he should look into entertainment as a more interesting job… He forgot who it was who had suggested that, but after he and his little birdy friend had put on an extremely taxing show for those two nut-jobs in the labyrinth the subject had been brought up, and he couldn’t argue with the logic there. He did love showing off…

No, he had no idea what a TTY device was. Discord eyed Kev in confusion for a moment, but after he brought up how his telepathy didn’t mix well with phones, the draconequus put two and two together. ”Ah, I see.” To be honest, he was probably more likely to send a carrier pigeon with a letter, but he wasn’t about to rain on Kev’s upgrade parade with a comment like that. Instead, he replied to Kev’s compliment with a simple, ”Aw, I try,” and a flip of his paw.

As for the eagle… ”He certainly thinks he is,” Discord replied. ”He likes to loiter around up in the trees and stare at you. He almost attacks me sometimes when I come home from work--we haven’t gotten along very well since the poison joke incident of ’03 months ago. He’s like a big feathery guard dog, and the other animals can be pretty defensive as well; as long as they don’t run scared first, that is.” Those pansy herbivores… ”I’ll let you know if I ever need any,” he promised. Kev had sheep and dogs and stuff, so surely he must be fairly good with animals at least. That also meant that Discord would have somepony to go to if he ever got in over his head with the wildlife back home. There was no doubt that Kev certainly needed to visit the cottage. He couldn’t believe he had never seen it before, and that was a circumstance that must be remedied as soon as the weather was tolerable for the cold-blooded! ”That can definitely be arranged. We’ll keep in touch.”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:48 pm

((I figured, but I thought I'd make sure! Whoo~ Also, sorry for the late post! I was out all day yesterday.))

Pony names ran the full gamut, though it seemed they wouldn't go so far as to name their foals anything dark. Sparkle Glitter Rainbow was the way to go! "Indeed, that poor pony...though I guess I can't really pick on how ponies name their foals considering my people were no different. For instance, my name is derived from our word for 'rude'. Granted, I didn't go on to be a professional rude person or anything, but naming someone after traits and stuff is...pretty by the books I guess." He rolled a wrist, conceding to the strange pony naming system. "Though Applejack the apple pony is still pretty strange..." You can't just take a fruit and pair it with a real name to make a new name! Orangejohnny, Pearfrank and Banananathan...they all sounded ridiculous.

"They were there too? And they...saved...you?" Remarkable. Extremely so, actually, considering how big those things were. Sonia's lobsters were smart for...well, for lobsters, but he had a hard time imagining them coming to anyone's rescue. Still, he'd just have to take Discord's word for it. Kev nodded his head approvingly. "Great! I hope you don't mind me asking but...what were they like, as the Queens?" Again, he couldn't help but wonder what they went through during that whole adventure, especially since Discord and Nym had such bad experiences during it.

Discord's smile was quite welcome, helping to brighten the mood of the room. Strange that he only had the one fang though...must be part of the chaotic being thing. Discord professed to having no idea what Kev meant about his knees being sore from bowing, only for the dang appendages to suddenly fall to the ground! For a moment, the laughter stopped and Kev stared with some concern. One's legs do not just fall off like that... Discord looked down at his own legs and back up to Kev, hardly worried, and merely deadpanned that it was 'worth it'. The alien snorted, before he threw his head back and slapped a knee. "HA!" A more responsible person may see such silliness as a huge waste of magic and time. But not Kev! He merely laughed and laughed, inwardly wishing that he had magic to make his jokes have an extra kick like that. The draconequus attached his legs without an issue, the sight making him chuckle a bit more until it finally died down. Such tiny little legs for someone with so long a body, too! "You're welcome!" Though Discord's joke about being around all week fell a little flat. The alien was glad his elaboration seemed to make sense to Discord, telepathy was one of the big things that seemed to confuse people. Well...that and having no mouth. And being scaly. Okay, there were a lot of things...still, Discord understood and Kev repeated the wrist gesture right back at him.

"Ooh, I see!" So the eagle merely thought himself to be the attack animal. He lurked in the trees, and swooped down on people. Even Discord himself! That was not so much because Discord was a threat though, and more because of how he didn't get along with him. "Poison joke? What's that? You told a joke that poisoned him?" If that was the case, he could hardly blame the eagle for disliking Discord. The idea of a big, feather guard dog sure was funny though. Kev immediately imagined Metus the black Great Dane, covered in sleek feathers, and made a snort. The other animals sounded like they could handle themselves alright. "I think the sheep are the weaker ones. They can be kinda dim...and Percy can be really friendly. Otherwise, everybody else can handle themselves." The alien almost wondered what animals Discord had at the cottage... "You be sure to!" He wouldn't mind lending some help. He'd love to meet every single furry, feathery, scaly critter. Keeping in touch with Discord was definitely something they could arrange, he had a feeling there were tons more stories the draconequus had to share! It'd be pretty great just to talk to him at a time that maybe wasn't so unintentionally depressing for them both.

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Kev’s name meant rude? Discord cocked his head slightly at the factoid; Kev seemed rather polite to him. ”That’s a good thing; you would make a horrid professional rude person. You don’t seem very rude to me.” Maybe there was a story there… That, or Kev had been a rude person in the past and had changed since then? ”Oh, I don’t know… Her name doesn’t sound so strange after considering the rest of her family. She lives with her siblings, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh, as well as her grandmother, Granny Smith.”

”Is that odd?” Kev sounded like he didn’t believe him, or was surprised that the lobsters would do such a thing. He couldn’t see why; they had seemed perfectly obedient and nearly benevolent based on the group’s limited interactions with them. Had they been brainwashed, too, or maybe their leader hadn’t quite been herself at the time so they were influenced as well…?

Kev’s next question wasn’t exactly unexpected, considering what they were talking about. ”…Well, the Whi- Sonia, I mean, was good and Caila was evil, basically,” he explained. ”Caila was literally stealing hearts so she could control the minds of her victims and was tainting the land with dark magic and had a giant throne made of bones and all that jazz that goes with not-so-G-rated evil, and Sonia was trying to defend her kingdom against all that. Sonia was weak and seemed to be dying, actually--she had been wounded by the Re- Caila, and using her magic was draining her--but she still pointed us in the right direction and helped us get there.” As disturbing as all of that had been, he had to admit that deep down beneath the revulsion, he was actually fairly impressed; he wasn’t sure he’d go to such lengths to be intimidating, but it had certainly worked for them. Nothing says danger like destruction on display.

Discord’s sense of humor almost disagreed with Kev, but once he saw that it was a joke, he was laughing right along with the draconequus. He should have expected as much; he got similar reactions to his shenanigans in the Sanctuary. But what could he say, he liked to keep people on their toes.

Oh dear, of course Kev had no idea what poison joke was… He was so tempted to just send a bouquet and show Kev. ”No, nothing like that. It’s a type of plant. If you come into contact with it, it temporarily changes something about you. It’s harmless, really,” he explained simply. ”I got bored and managed to grow some of it in the forest a while back. Fluttershy didn’t recognize it and made some flower crowns out of it, so it made her voice several octaves deeper and made me act an uncivilized common animal.” He hadn’t been laughing at the time, but he couldn’t help but chuckle slightly now. Poison Joke was by far one of his favorite creations. ”I may or may not have scared the feathers off of that eagle and one of his little friends for laughing at us.” Served them right. Even so, he supposed he did regret that, seeing as he accidentally terrified every other animal on the property as well. It had taken longer than he had had patience for, but after a while they all figured out that he was (usually) harmless. That eagle, on the other hand, seemed to hold a bit of a grudge…

”Sheep are not very well known for their daring,” he agreed. Despite how amusing the mental image of one of those cotton candy puffballs chasing Mortis off of the property was ('Traitorsss…'), it was common knowledge that the dogs would be much better at guarding the house.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Kev chuckled to himself. What would a professional rude person even be like? "Thank you. I try not to be rude, but I'll admit that sometimes I put my foot into my..." Kev paused for a moment before bringing up both of his hands and curling his fingers into the air to make finger quotes, "...'Mouth'."" Sometimes that foot might as well be a missile in the face. "I try my best but I have my moments...maybe sometime I can tell you about the time I learned that calling a female fat is a bad idea!" It was a story that definitely made people either laugh or shake their finger at the alien. Kev was rather curious to see which one Discord was. The apple naming trend was apparently a family thing, as Applejack lived with her siblings and her grandmother. Apple Bloom, suppose that one was obvious. Big Macintosh, he had seen some apples with the name Macintosh before, a type of specific apple and one of his favorites! The last one threw him for a loop though. Kev's head quirked to the side. "Her name is Smith? What does that have to do with apples?"

The alien's fingers tapped along the arm of the chair in a rhythm, contemplating the question. Was it odd that Sonia's lobsters saved them? "Mm...a little bit. They can be very nice, and I've seen them get protective over Sonia, but not so much for other people. Plus, I kinda wonder how much saving they can do. They're about the size of a small dog...maybe their little clicker clackers are just that painful." He certainly didn't want to be on the wrong end of those things...

As for the brainwashed Queens, they had been reduced to being a good Queen and an evil Queen. The alien quirked a brow, folding his arms atop his knee and leaning forward in a slight hunch. Kev openly winced as Discord went on. Cailia, stealing hearts out of people's chests? That was definitely not like her! The giant bone throne sounded more like something from Dead World then something Cailia would like. Tainting the land with evil... "Hmm..." Cailia had to have been brainwashed by something very corruptive. All thoughts ground to a halt when he got to Sonia, the alien's fingers gripping at his own pant leg. "She was...dying? No wonder..." She seemed so out of sorts after all of that...of course she'd take a while to get her center back. Cailia had injured her to the point of dying, and even using her own magic was killing her, though she helped all the same. "I owe Sonia a hug...maybe Cailia too." Kev almost wished he could have been there. Would he have been able to help? Do anything at all, for them?

So poison joke was a plant! "Ah! Like poison oak." A magical plant, by the sounds of it. Kev crossed his arms and leaned back into his chair, trying to imagine what such a plant would look like. "It sounds like a plant that Portal X would love." His interest grew when Discord admitted to growing some in the forest, purely out of boredom! Fluttershy had happened upon it and made the two of them flower crowns, thus allowing it to affect the both of them. Fluttershy gained a deep voice and Discord acted like a real animal. "Deep voiced Fluttershy...it's almost hard to imagine." She was so soft-spoken! And the ire from the eagle was due to Discord scaring it and one other animal for laughing at them. The alien snickered. "Serves him right." He glanced down, and took note of the cup of tea that had been drained empty for the past several minutes. He'd been so caught up in the conversation, he hadn't had a chance to put it down and instead kept a finger looped through the handle. Kev stretched his arm across to place the tea cup down on the coffee table again, this time for good. Plucking a napkin from the table, he wiped his hands clean before he pulled his gloves back on. Wiggling his fingers experimentally, the alien glanced up at Discord. "You ought to show me these flowers sometime. They sound fun! A bit disruptive, but fun."

Kev openly chuckled before nodding his head in agreement. "Yeah, usually when danger rears its ugly head, the sheep have a tendency to run away. Glen's a little ram, so he can get feisty, while Lavender is the oldest sheep and she can be protective of them all. The rest of them? Little scaredy sheep."

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Discord let out a slight snicker at Kev’s appropriately placed air quotes. ”Don’t we all?” he responded. He was sure everyone had lapses in manners every once in a while. Even ponies got snippy when they didn’t like their company. And apparently Kev had earned his stripes in that regard… Insulting any lady’s appearance was never a good idea for those who valued their health. ”Ouch... I’ll bet that wasn’t a very enjoyable experience.”

”There is a type of apple called a granny smith,” he explained. How he knew that was beyond him; it wasn’t as if he had ever gotten bored enough to start researching different species of apples. Maybe he had seen some in a grocery store somewhere…

So apparently the lobsters weren’t usually quite so helpful. Or intimidating. ”Hmm.” Discord tilted his head slightly and thought about that for a moment. ”At the time at least they were serving as the Whi- Sonia’s knights. They were doing their ‘best’ to secure the lands over which Sonia presided, which meant attacking the Bandersnatch to save us, defending the castle, and I assume aiding the locals considering how many were taking refuge in the castle. They also helped get us to Caila’s lands and fight a giant rabid shrimp along the way under Sonia’s orders, so…” He shrugged. ”Also--if memory serves--they were a bit bigger than small dogs.”

As for the manipulated queens deserving hugs, Discord couldn’t disagree. He was fairly certain most of them needed a hug after that venture, excepting the genuine psychopaths of course. That Limewire robot especially needed some TLC; she seemed to have had the worst time of all of them during the ordeal, the poor thing. Unlike the rest of them, she had been very openly devastated by most of what they came across. With that on his mind, the draconequus opted out of speaking. He simply nodded and murmured in agreement.

”Yes, only better,” he confirmed on the subject of Poison Joke. The two plants were alike both in name and the method they used to contaminate their victims, the key difference being their effects. They were supposed to also be alike in that certain luckier individuals (e.g. Discord) were supposed to be largely immune to the plant’s effects. As luck would have it, however, the magically compromised would-be Master of Chaos didn’t have the juice to even cure the effects himself, let alone prevent them in the first place. ”He has good taste. I might just have to offer him a tribute sometime,” he said with a mild grin. Or maybe a drink… This X was sounding less and less horrid all the time. You know, aside from the kidnapping and gory mischief, of course. ”Flutterguy is hilarious,” he snickered, almost wishing Kev could’ve witnessed it for himself. It took a great amount of willpower and a sudden change of topic to avoid from dwelling on that memory long enough to cause him more stress. ”That’s what I said…” Stupid bird. He still blamed the pair of them for his bad rep with the rest of the animals. Then again, he supposed he might have overreacted just a little… But the point was that they had been jerks and the rest was irrelevant. At least he had been able to slowly regain the trust of the various creatures that surrounded the cottage; no permanent harm done. ”I’ll send you a bouquet sometime,” he promised with a wink when Kev expressed his wish to encounter the flowers himself. The fun part was that Kev would have no idea what the Joke would look like until it was too late; hilarity would certainly ensue. And to be honest, Discord was actually pretty curious as to how the flowers would affect somepony like Kev…

”If I had to choose between getting rammed by a sheep or getting mauled by an eagle, I would certainly pick the ram,” he pointed out. ”As ferocious as I’m sure he is, claws beat cute when it comes to intimidation.” He supposed the scaredy sheep could always just appeal to one’s better nature to protect the house… Assuming that anything that needed a good ramming even had a better nature.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:26 pm

That was true, most everyone has had at least one moment where they've said the very worst thing, or at least inappropriate thing. "Good point." Kev snickered in return before leaning towards Discord. "I guess I can tell you then, the reason I was given my name is because when I hatched, I insulted a female who was looking after the eggs in my area of the nursery. I don't really remember it, but she never let me live it down. Apparently I told her she smelled disgusting. Or at least, the just-hatched equivalent of that!" Definitely not the best first impression to make, especially not for someone who would be looking after you until you became an adult. Kev straightened up in his seat, chuckling to himself at Discord's reaction. "Oooh yes. It made me wary of females for a while, especially when I first came here. But I'm pretty much over it now!" He said with a bright and cheery tone. Though admittedly, if he ever saw that female again, it probably wouldn't go well...

"Oh! Right, those are the green apples. I prefer the red, myself...but I see, that makes sense." Something dawned on the alien, and quick, because he tilted his head to the side and scrunched his eyes in thought. "So...does that mean her first name is 'Granny'? Or is it just a title because she's the grandma?" Whoever named her sure was reaching for the apple name, there. What if she never had a kid, and that kid never had a kid? She'd just be Smith, the weirdly named mare on a farm of apple horses.

Knights...? Guess that went with the whole 'Queen' theme. The rest of what Discord was saying, made less sense to him. "Wait, she had lands? And...and people she ruled over?" That was...strange. Sure, there were things Kev didn't know about Sonia, but he was pretty sure she didn't have a secret plot of land with servants and stuff on it! He scratched the back of his neck. "Ehe, I guess that might have been part of the...brainwashing. Dump her somewhere, turn her into the Queen, make everybody else see her as the Queen..." It was a lot more elaborate then what Kev was used to. "I'm glad they were able to help you all so much, though. Sounds like you really needed it. Bandersnatch, giant shrimp...even helping you get there." He trailed off once Discord confirmed that the lobsters hadn't been quite so small. The scaly alien raised a brow, leaning himself closer to Discord again. "How...much 'bigger', exactly?"

"If poison joke doesn't give you any rashes, then I suppose it really is better." Kev agreed with a slight chuckle. Unless of course, it gave you a magical rash...Kev chuckled again at Discord's idea. He shuffled in his chair, leaning an elbow on the arm rest. "I bet he'd like that. I don't think he gets much in the way of gifts, so a tribute of poison joke could really make his day." The God may have been scary at times, but Kev thought that deep down, he must have been a nice guy. Maybe he just had some issues expressing himself. Wasn't like he had the best role models...a brief shiver went down his spine as a memory surfaced, of a giant being. Unimaginable in it's strength, possessing a beard made of wires and wielding a trident. Destruction, the feeling of being squished to death. Kev shook it off, but not before he brought his arms closer to his body, almost hugging them to himself as he forced it away. Indeed, there were worse Gods then Portal X out there... The alien blinked a few times, almost missing what Discord said next and inclining his head as he looked up at the draonequus. "Flutter...guy? Oh! Because she has a guy's voice! That's clever!" Fluttershy, Flutterguy...not half bad! "I think his little eagle pride just got bruised. Maybe with some time he'll get over it. And if not, you could always give him lots of...whatever eagles like to eat. To show him that you're more then just 'that guy who scared them that one time'." In Kev's mind, Discord didn't necessarily need to ask for forgiveness when the eagle and his friend had first laughed at Discord and Fluttershy in the first place.

Kev openly snorted at the wink, bringing his hands up to cover his nose. "A bouquet? Well! That'll certainly be a first for me! That'd be nice, almost worth getting all magic-i-fied." A nice bouquet of poison joke that he would then sniff and appreciate, probably putting it in a vase as it did it's thing. If it made Discord act like an animal and gave Fluttershy a male voice...what could it do for himself? Give him a mouth? Make him sound like a woman? Turn him into a snake? The possibilities were endless. "I wouldn't know what to pick. Glen's got some big horns, though they're all curly. I guess maybe he'd just bruise you, or maybe break a bone if he pinned you against something. But getting mauled by an eagle, eesh." The alien openly cringed. "That would probably spill a lot of blood. So...I guess I'd choose getting rammed too."

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Discord couldn’t help but snicker at Kev’s anecdote. Never let him live it down? ”I’ll say; she must’ve been planning on holding quite the grudge to name you after the incident,” he observed. ”Mares…” That last mutter may have sounded a little fond, but otherwise was dripping with every ounce of happy bachelor he was. ”At least you’re not permanently scarred by it, that’s always good,” he added with a grin. ”It’s far from the worst name you could be stuck with, after all. Just imagine if you same was something like…” He hummed for a moment and tried to think of a really horrible name. ”…I dunno, Tree Hugger or Quencessetianobayolocaturgrathageyyilungbarrowmas or something equally ridiculous. Kev is a rather nice name, especially compared to those.”

He couldn’t say he had much of a preference when it came to apples. Or even food in general, considering his favorite anything changed spontaneously every time he thought of the next best thing. What could he say? He just didn’t like it when-- His thought train was derailed when Kev brought up an actually-pretty-good question. He stared blankly at Kev for several seconds before finally shrugging. Pony titles... ”I guess it’s her name? Everypony calls her Granny Smith, even if they’re not related, so...”

”Yes?” Discord answered uncertainly. He wasn’t sure why Kev was having such a hard time wrapping his head around all this… If whatever had set the whole thing up had the power to kidnap twenty residents of the Breach--several of which had godlike powers--whisk them off to somewhere that may or may not have even been a part of Portal Breach proper, and brainwash a bunch of people and creatures to play its games, surely everything else would be easy enough to believe? Or maybe that was just him; he was used to some pretty advanced magic, after all. Recreating the whole world was something he had managed twice already, so it wasn’t much of a stretch for him to believe. Kev, on the other claw… ”On average?” Discord motioned a paw to indicate several feet. ”Pretty huge considering the size lobsters are supposed to be.”

He couldn’t remember any times that Poison Joke had caused a rash. He supposed it was possible, though. Perhaps if somepony just so happened to brag about being immune to poison oak or ivy just before walking into a patch? He couldn’t think of any other ways it could happen at the moment, though. ”No, nothing that annoying,” he replied. By which he meant nothing that specific level of irritating. Much, much more annoying certainly, but nothing specifically that annoying. ”Well, I may just have to surprise him then. Should be an interesting experience, to say the least.” Introducing the resident Portal God to Poison Joke; assuming he told X of the plant’s effects, what’s the worst that could happen? ”If I could even reach him, that is.” He could always try climbing a mountain and shouting to the heavens like a loon, he supposed. Lost in that mental image, he didn’t realize that Kev was in distress until he noticed him shake it off. Discord blinked once, but decided not to call Kev out on it. No need to prolong the disconcerting suffering, he guessed.

Heheh, Flutterguy… ”I believe it was actually Spike who came up with that one,” he pointed out. ”The girls ran into a patch a long time ago, and he came up with nicknames for almost all of them. ‘Flutterguy’ just happens to be the only one with any reason to stick.” That filly had run headlong into Poison Joke three times now. One would think she would learn… As for appeasing the neighborhood guard-bird; ”I’ve seen him eat fish before,” Discord said thoughtfully. ”That’s not a bad idea.” Throughout their turbulent relationship, he had decided to just let the bird gather his own food--he didn’t want to risk getting mauled again, and frankly, the bird could use the exercise--but maybe if he offered a fishy olive branch, they could stop hating each other. ”I just might have to try that.”

Discord grinned. ”Well then, I’d say it’s about time you got one.” Who doesn’t enjoy a nice bouquet of flowers? Poison joke would certainly make an aesthetically-pleasing arrangement; the flowers could definitely be compared to sapphires by romantics, as blue as they were. ”I’ll send it over when you least expect it.”

He nodded as Kev figured aloud that getting rammed would be a better experience. ”Precisely. I prefer my insides on the inside.”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:50 am

"Ooh yeees...never doubt how much of a grudge someone can hold. Especially a female..." Sometimes a female of his kind would take a grudge to the grave. For a moment, Discord's slightly wistful mutter was met with a bewildered look from Kev. Mares? It took a bit of thinking for him to remember that Discord came from a world of horses, and so the term for 'women' was probably 'mares'. Haha! That almost got awkward for a moment. The alien gave Discord a glance over however, interested by the tone in his voice. Slightly fond perhaps but otherwise there was a sense of humor from the way he said it. Even relief? The alien shifted forward in his seat with a raised brow, mischief evident in his tone. "Not much of a mares'...stallion, are you?" Pony terms were ever so slightly confusing to mimic. Indeed, the name had left no scarring and had barely even been noticed when it came to the other Kryptonistanian spawn. The only one who really seemed to care about it was that female. Discord figured there were worse names out there, and the name 'Tree Hugger' earned an amused chuckle from Kev. The other one though? His eyes steadily widened at the sheer length of it, let alone all of the syllables! He wouldn't even bother trying to repeat it. "Yeah, I prefer Kev over Tree Hugger and...that."

Discord seemed as confused as Kev himself, giving a shrug. "Ah, right..." Perhaps Discord was the wrong person to ask anyway. He wasn't Applejack, or even Granny Smith herself! Unless either of those ponies ever came, perhaps he ought to just accept whatever Discord could give him as an answer. Something else that poor Discord couldn't exactly explain was the specifics behind the brainwashing with the Queens. Giving them lands to rule over, as well as subjects, especially subjects that needed a refuge. Where did they come from? Where did they go? So many questions were buzzing within Kev's scaly dome, and yet this was the wrong person to ask. Discord didn't even get to live all the way to the end...it just seemed so strange. What could have done this? Definitely something that was bigger then the likes of Hazama or Ra Moon himself... "I see!" It was best left dropped, and he moved on to the next subject. Namely, watching the size that Discord indicated with his hands. "Huh...then again, from what I heard Sonia was pretty strong herself...despite being mortally injured. Maybe the lobsters were beefed up too." Someone fed those things some steroids...

No rashes from the Poison Joke, though it seemed everything else was on the table considering it could change one's voice or very behavior. Kev openly chuckled, imagining the look on X's face if he received some of those flowers. "Oh yeah, especially if he decides to return the favor." Discord could expect anything from a bouquet of flowers that were actually butts, to a persistent rain cloud of bacon wrapped weenies lingering over his head. "Tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure how to reach his home...it floats up in the sky. You could always summon him though. All you have to do is speak his name and he usually appears. Especially at inopportune moments." The memory, a memory that wasn't even his own, had breezed by Kev's mind quickly but the effects of it had lasted long enough that Discord seemed to notice. The draconequus didn't say anything, but the way he blinked seemed confused. Kev gave him an apologetic look, hoping that Discord wasn't too freaked out. No more thinking about the past today...

So Flutterguy did not come from the mind of Discord, but instead from the dragon Discord so admired? "Huh!" Apparently all of the ponies had run into a patch, and Spike came up with nicknames for all of them. "I see! So what did the Poison Joke do to the other ponies?" It might give him more of an idea of what to expect from the Poison Joke, if he knew what else it could do aside from changing Fluttershy's voice. Discord seemed to like the idea of giving the eagle some food. "Good luck, I hope your fishy offering will be enough to melt his icy eagle heart. Hopefully the fish won't be too hard to gather up." The stores seemed to sell quite a bit, and there was always the idea of fishing for it! It all depended on which Discord preferred to do.

"Well, thank you! Maybe I could give you a bouquet too, do you have any flowers that you like?" If nothing else, perhaps the flowers would do a good job of brightening up the little cottage where Discord lived. Kev chuckled, crossing one leg over the other. "Oh, I don't doubt it. Hmm...does Poison Joke affect animals? ...Non...talking animals that is? I might have to watch out for how it'll affect my pets, if it does..." Wouldn't want little Oscar to suddenly grow huge, or Metus to shrink. "I prefer my insides untouched and perfect. I can't blame you there..." No one liked pain! Except maybe a masochist.

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:27 pm

It took him a moment to realize that maybe Kev was a little confused by his word choice. At the very forced mimicry, however, it dawned on him that he had slipped back into his old habits. He felt he was doing better, but he still tended to slip up when he wasn’t thinking much about it. ”I like to think I have my moments,” he replied with a snicker. That cat had certainly been fond of him, at least… He still wasn’t quite sure exactly what he did right then, seeing as he hadn’t even been trying to win her affections… What were the-- oh yes. ”Precisely.” Better to have a name that everyone can pronounce; prevents headaches on both ends.

Steroid-pumped lobsters indeed. ”It’s not improbable,” he agreed. He hadn’t actually given the subject much thought previously, instead preferring to avoid even thinking about the whole escapade. He supposed he just thought that whatever was behind the portals was also the cause of at least a few of the various mishaps and such that he had heard of or experienced firsthand--brainwashing was usually an easier feat than opening a doorway to another dimension, after all. Or it could have been some inhabitant of the Breach; super powerful beings like the judges or Hazama or even Discord himself (at least eventually) seemed to be practically commonplace, so it was certainly a possibility that one or more of them could be playing with the strings. Whatever it was probably either took captives as game pieces and brainwashed them all into subservience, put them all to sleep and fooled them into believing that they were actually on a deadly adventure, or something similar. They really had no way of knowing for sure until they knew who was behind the whole thing, but even so, it wasn’t much of a stretch for Discord to believe possible. He was even willing to bet that he could manage something similar at his full power… Except for the deadly part, of course; he was reformed and all that.

”Return the favor?” Discord echoed, his tone a mix of curiosity, eagerness, and trepidation. He just couldn’t help but wonder what that would mean. He was…what was the word Pinkie had once coined? Nervous-ited? On one paw, maybe he would be repaid with vicious maiming or brutal murder. On the other claw, imagine the magical prowess… So impressive it’d likely be worth any suffering. He’d have to bring a camera just in case he was too dead to witness it. ”If he usually responds when called, I think it’d be best to avoid his home,” he reasoned aloud. ”Something tells me he wouldn’t take an unannounced visitor nearly as kindly as you.”

Kev wrote:"So what did the Poison Joke do to the other ponies?"

Discord snickered at the thought--he loved that plant so much. ”Well, Twilight Sparkle--our local master of magic--had a floppy horn, so she couldn’t use her magic. Excitable Pinkie Pie got a swollen tongue so she couldn’t talk, fashionable Rarity got foot-long dreadlocks all over her body, Rainbow Dash couldn’t fly straight, Applejack became really tiny and her sister Apple Bloom doubled in size. Hmm… That was all aside from Flutterguy.” He wondered how Kev would be affected… Maybe he’d have to lurk around a bit when he sent that bouquet to see what it would do. Well, he said lurk… ”Thanks. They shouldn’t be too much trouble, but even if it is, it’ll be worth it so long as it works.” He was more than willing to spend an hour either collecting or buying fish if it earned a place in that feathery nuisance’s good graces.

”Surprise me.” He preferred not knowing what to expect. That, and he didn’t really have a favorite flower. ”Oh yes; they affect pretty much anything sentient,” he said. He hadn’t even thought of the dogs or sheep accidentally getting into the flowers, but he could easily see why Kev might be worried about that. ”Best to just keep it out of their reach.”

”Mmm-hm.” No masochists here! That was the only reason he was even remotely grateful for his manner of death--it was quick and, for the most part, completely painless.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Interestingly enough, trying to imagine Discord in a relationship was...strange. The draconequus was an amalgamation of animals, did he prefer mares, or would he want to date a goat? Perhaps a dragon? "I guess they're just moments in the end, huh? I gotta say, you do seem like a bachelor." Despite the vague interest in Discord's taste, he didn't have to worry about any attempts on Kev's part to match him up with anyone. There was absolutely nothing wrong with being single. "Mhm!" Kev was a nice, simple name. Too short for a nickname perhaps, though he had been called Kevvy in the past.

Discord found the idea of power pumped lobsters to be a probably one, especially compared to everything else that had happened. If two people could become powerful Queens, surely lobsters could be given some strength. Though Sonia had her own magic, Kev was hard pressed to imagine any sort of 'magical powers' that Cailia possessed. Super long hair powers? On the subject of Portal X, Discord sounded both curious and nervous. The alien held up a hand and hid his face behind his palm as he snickered. "Kekeke, don't worry! I'm sure he won't do anything too bad. He's pretty tame. Whatever he does, will definitely be temporary!" Kinda like the Poison Joke itself! The alien paused, and tapped a chin. Hm...suppose the only times he remembered anyone visiting Portal X, it was during times when he hadn't been himself...disasters and all that. Kev winced, nodding to the draconequus. "Good point. It'd probably save you a trip, too." Discord may have the ability to fly, but flying all the way up might tire him out.

Kev leaned forward with interest, which had only been heightened by Discord's snickering. Twilight Sparkle, the element of Magic and Princess of Magic, found her very source of magic to be unusable! A floppy horn? Those things looked so hard! To imagine it being floppy...the alien snorted in amusement. Motor mouth Pinkie Pie gained a swollen tongue, and Rarity, a unicorn who took pride in her appearance, was given dreads! "Oh Gods..." Rainbow Dash couldn't fly, Applejack shrank and her sister grew! "A lot of these sound pretty...ironic." With a name like Poison Joke, the jokey nature of the transformations was definitely on purpose. Still, it was strange how the plants somehow knew the right transformations to make in order to affect each pony individually. "You're welcome! Sometimes, that which is hardest is most rewarding." The alien agreed sagely. Besides, a little bit of hassle with the fish was worth it to repair a relationship with the eagle.

Kev's eyes sparkled mischievously, hands clasping with a soft clap. "Oh~! Surprise you, huh? Oh, I'll surprise you good." The spirit of Chaos needed something spontaneous and different! Definitely not just a bouquet of roses or dandelions. No, Discord needed something special! "Sentient?" Hm...did his own animals count? Either way, Discord advised that he keep the poison joke away from them. "Definitely will do! I'll keep them safe and sound from the poison joke." Though if the Poison Joke made his animals talk or something, that'd sure be neat.

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:16 pm