0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Re: Breakeven

Post by Discord on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:52 am

((It's no problem. :3))

”Well that invisibility potion I’ve seen on the shelves would certainly be fun to play with,” Discord replied. That definitely counted as a goody in his eyes. It was true that he could simply make himself invisible with his increasing power, but he still wouldn’t be able to do much while concentrating on that… What was the point of being invisible if he couldn’t do anything but sit there in the meantime? ”Or, you know, use in battle. For emergencies.” Pffft-HAHAHA!!!

It would seem as if his comment had made Kev uncomfortable, and that in turn made him grimace slightly at the memory. A response of, ”Certainly,” was the only comment Discord added. No need to elaborate any further on that. At least not when there were tea cup showdowns and shiny magic necklaces to earn their attention.

”Interrupting? Heavens no, I was just…” The urge to put on sunglasses in the next moment was almost unbearable. ”…admiring the view.” And if you listen carefully, you can hear the majestic Comedic Timing Crickets singing in their natural habitat. He cleared his throat. ”No, I have enough for now.” His cup was nearly empty at this point, but his interest had long since teleported away from casual sipping.

They swapped necklaces, and Discord examined Kev’s trinket in a way similar to how Kev was handling Discord’s replica. There was certainly power in this little gem, just as there was power in the Elements; he could sense it. It felt…different, somehow, from the Elements of Harmony. He couldn’t quite pinpoint it. He wasn’t certain if this magic or the full set--if there even was a full set--would affect him at all, but he wasn’t too eager to test it out either. In any case, it was a fascinating tidbit. Kev’s comment on the element Discord had handed over made the draconequus smile slightly with amusement. ”Not quite. That one is a replica of Loyalty; Rainbow Dash’s element.” The draconequus quietly observed the way Kev was examining the gem in the center. ”The shape and color of the stones resemble the girls’ cutie marks. I mean, the images on their flanks; Kindness is a pink butterfly, for example.”

Kev passed him back his replica, and Discord returned Kev’s element. Only a moment later, the Element in Discord’s paws vanished back into the thin air from whence it came. He was not at all sad to see it go, or at least he kept telling himself that.

It wasn’t very hard to imagine Kev as the Element of Reliability of Portal Breach… If the title fits, flaunt it. ”Sounds very similar to the Elements of Harmony. I’m not certain how the girls use them, but I do know that they don’t work if the girls aren’t in harmony with each other and themselves.” He assumed they simply concentrated really hard on how much they love each other and then fired rainbows at the nearest Overlord of Chaos once they were glowing bright enough, but he was no expert on that part of the show. He just knew how to stop them. ”I suppose they probably do that the same way you would…”
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:31 am

Invisibility potion? Kev's eyes grew for a moment. "He has an invisibility potion?! That's amazing!" You bet your bruuka that'd be fun to play with! Just think of all that one could accomplish if they could turn invisible! You could avoid some very uncomfortable situations, you could sneak attack someone, you could sneak into the castle where a God or something lay ready to destroy the Breach...it was a potion that was very applicable to life on the Breach! And it may be fun for some pranks... "Either way, hthat is a great thing to have! And useful! I was thinking small with some healing potions, but if he can turn people invisible..." What else could he do? "Come Spring, I think I might go visit this place for sure."

Discord insisted that Kev had not been interrupting anything, as the draconequus was just admiring the view. Kev had...very little idea just what kind of view the inside of a tea cup would offer. The alien glanced down at his own cup, checking to make sure that nothing like an inter-dimensional portal had opened up inside of it. Nope, normal tea cup with normal tea inside. Kev's brow raised and he chuckled. "Wow, you must really like tea!" Though not enough to take anymore, Discord was content with what he had, and the alien bowed his head to show he understood. The two took part in their Show and Tell, looking over each other's trinkets, and Discord corrected him. So this was the Element of Loyalty? Which belonged to a pony named Rainbow Dash? "Huh..." He was confused for a moment, as for why the Element had the shape and color that it had, though Discord explained that as well. The gems were replicas of the Cutie Marks that the ponies that represented them bore. AKA, the little butt tattoos. Kev imagined three more necklaces inside his head, with a butterfly shaped gem, a balloon shaped one, and lastly a diamond shaped one. From what he remembered, those were the cutie marks of Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity, and Discord confirmed that Fluttershy's kindness element was shaped like a pink butterfly. "Aaw..." Sounded rather cute! "I guess this Rainbow Dash was rather electrifying." The alien let out a dorky guffaw, wriggling his eyebrows at Discord without shame as they swapped their little necklaces.

The Loyalty element poofed in Discord's paws, it was a mere image conjured for him to see after all, and Kev looked down at his own necklace for a moment. That had been loyalty, and he himself had...reliability. Which was perhaps another way to say 'loyalty'. Though, his crest was grey and with a shape that most definitely wasn't a lightning bolt. From the sounds of it, the Elements were based on instinct like the crest, though with the added mention that the ponies needed to be in sync both with themselves, and with each other. "That's interesting...I don't think the crests need to be together to work. Would the Elements work without one of the others, or on their own, or do they all need to be together to work?" The crest was quickly draped around his own neck, the tag settling itself along his collar bone as the alien rubbed his chin. "I wish I knew the other crests so we could compare what they all mean...like how reliability and loyalty are similar. The only one I know is love. Maybe that's like...kindness?" Fluttershy was a sweetheart, very full of love and very lovable. Were kindness and love synonymous?

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Discord smiled slightly. Oh yes, invisibility had plenty of uses. And apparently the draconequus was pretty good at advertising. That was an odd thought considering how boring all of those advertisements he had heard on the radio… He certainly isn’t boring; who knows, maybe a touch of Discord is all the advertising business needs.

On to more relevant thoughts… ”As do you, I presume,” the draconequus mumbled, his tone reflecting his suspicious curiosity. He might’ve tackled the subject then, but they had magic necklaces to look at. Bad-pun-inspiring necklaces, he might add. Discord couldn’t help but roll his eyes (not literally this time) at the wordplay which Kev made obvious with his aptly described “dorky guffaw.” ”Oh yes, she was rather ecstatic,” he shot right back with a snicker. Heh, get it?

Apparently one didn’t need the complete box set to work these amulets, which was rather convenient given that they presumably had no idea where any of the others were, or even how many there were in all. ”No, all six elements must be used together to work at all,” he explained, shaking his head slightly. Well, they wouldn’t work without each other as far as he knew anyway… It made sense that way; if they could work on their own, they’d likely just be called “The Elements (Harmony is Optional)” or something equally ridiculous. Of course, it may be easier to defeat minor league villains or weaken their real opponents if they didn’t need all six at once to work the magic, but who would want that? Not a very appealing idea to Discord, at least. As for love and kindness going hand in hoof the same way Reliability and Loyalty seemed to… ”Perhaps,” he said, stroking his beard as he thought about it. "They don’t seem quite as similar as reliability and loyalty, but love is closer to kindness than any of the others." Showing love technically doesn’t require a romantic interest, so he supposed that could work. That, and Fluttershy really was full of love. ”It really would be nice to be able to see the others.” Alas, they couldn’t.

”Where did you say you got that crest?” he asked after a moment of thoughtful silence. He thought Kev might’ve mentioned it vaguely in passing, but other than that he hadn't said much about it. Maybe if he knew where they had come from, then he could guess at how many there were. Even if he couldn't, he was still curious.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:56 am

Look at that, a small smile! It definitely looked interesting, with the single fang that poked out. The smile could not keep Kev from catching Discord's mumble though. What a weird tone to use while talking about liking tea...in fact, Discord was acting really weird about the subject of tea in general. Short of asking the draconequus himself, there was probably no way Kev could get the answers to Discord's skull. Discord was a pretty interesting and...different kind of guy, after all. Maybe he had a hate/love relationship relationship with tea? "You presume correctly." Yep, he'd gained a fondness for tea, though it was hardly the only thing he liked to drink. Discord's eyes rolled at Kev's pun, and he even joined in with another pun of his own! "Kekeke..." Ecstatic, he saw what you did there! "That's very...shocking~!" It was probably the easiest pun to make for this situation, but someone had to do it!

Kev's chuckles died down though, as Discord provided more insight to the Elements of Harmony. So all six of the elements needed to be present in order to work. "Hmm...I guess back in your universe, getting all six of them and the elements together was probably really easy. Here, it's...a little harder." A lot harder, really. Even as long as Kev had been here, there had been three ponies present at one time, at the most. Even if all of them had their Elements, they'd be useless without the other three. Discord began to stroke his beard, and it finally struck Kev that wow, Discord actually had some sort of...goat beard. He'd never really noticed it before! It almost distracted him from what Discord was saying, and the alien blinked a few times at him as he processed what had been spoken. Their similarity was...debatable. But as Discord said, it was perhaps the closest one. Generosity, honesty, laughter, and magic...none of them really fit with love. "Right. In a way, I guess you can't be kind without being able to love. And I agree, I had always wanted to see what the other crests were." Now that he knew there were similar objects like these Elements out there, he really wanted to know what the other crests were.

There was a brief silence before Discord spoke up again, and Kev stared back at him a moment before lowering his eyes to the wooden floor. A hand came up to his tag, fingers curling around it. It made sense that Discord would wonder where Kev had gotten such a powerful little thing. It sounded like Fluttershy and her friends had been given the Elements, like they were knighted and bestowed with such gifts. The same was...not exactly true for himself. "Some time ago, around when I first arrived here...I had this friend. He was a really tall robot that transformed into a car. There used to be a lot of those around, but um...this one in particular, his name was Swindle. He owned a shop, and he always had a knack for somehow coming into contact with some interesting trinkets. He had this...warp...space thing in his chest, I think it was where he got a lot of it. Like random things just teleported in there and he'd sell them. One day in the Sanctuary, he came in and gave me this crest. He said it had powerful magic that would activate if I did something that was connected to Reliability. He gave the crest of Love to my friend Jo, and he said he gave them to us because he thought they fit us really well. Maybe for extra protection too..." He rubbed the crest lightly before looking back up at Discord. "He knew about the other crests, but it's been so long that I can't remember what the other crests were. And we can't ask him for ourselves. He's...not here anymore." The alien withdrew slightly into his chair, feeling a little bad that the mood had...dropped. Considering the news that had brought Discord to his cottage in the first place, the last thing he needed was to be reminded that people disappear.

Sub-consciously, Kev rubbed and pulled slightly at the tag around his neck, almost avoiding Dicord's gaze as he tried to think up a way to make it up to the draconequus. Think, think... "I-I think there were probably at least six crests, including mine and Jo's. And thinking really hard, I think I remember two others that Swindle had told me about...one was friendship and another was...bravery I think?" He released his tag and scratched at the side of his head lightly. "That...that sounds right. So we have love, reliability, friendship, and bravery." There! A bit more information he'd managed to wring from his memories! Hopefully that would make up for any unpleasant memories or thought he may have brought up...

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:59 pm

He does like tea indeed… Discord couldn’t help but wonder what other sorts of normal things Kev liked to eat and drink somehow… Wondering would have to wait until after the horrible puns, however. C’mon, Kev, is that all you’ve got? You make the draconequus face-pawlm. ”Watt the heck, Kev.” However, despite how cliché that pun was, he couldn’t help but giggle just a little bit at the harmless fun.

Back to the Elements of Harmony… ”As long as nopony got in the way, yes, I suppose it was,” Discord replied. Of course, somepony always got in the way. After all, who wants to be sent to the moon or turned to stone? It really was easier to assemble the Avengers when they were all in the same dimension.

As Kev reluctantly began to explain the origins of the amulet, Discord couldn’t help but guiltily note the alien’s use of past tense. That would definitely explain why he hadn’t mentioned where the amulet had come from before. The draconequus just barely managed to maintain a neutral expression throughout the explanation, his composure only remaining intact despite the guilt and sadness that was suddenly clawing at the heart he didn’t even know he had because he didn’t move or speak. Kev finished and shrank back in his chair, and Discord looked down at the floor to avoid his gaze. ”He sounds nice,” he said simply after clearing his throat. His voice sounded calm and gentle enough… More calm than he expected. He would’ve liked to comfort Kev, but he wasn’t sure how. Fluttershy would’ve known, she was a better friend than he was…

Kev made a move before he could think of something to say, changing the subject onto something less depressing. Discord gladly took the opportunity to focus on something else. ”I’m not sure about bravery,” he said unsteadily, ”but Friendship is Magic…” It wasn’t the first time he had admitted that, but it was still difficult for him to say even now, just for a different reason.

And apparently now it was time to change the subject again if the tears threatening to spill over his eyelids was any indication. He cleared his throat again and desperately tried to think of a different subject, one that wouldn’t lead so directly into composure-destroying territory. He glanced around and-AHA! Tea really is friendliest of drinks… So many purposes!

”Speaking of magic… I’m afraid your tea has vanished into thin air,” he said suddenly, his tone reminiscent of someone breaking some tragic news to a child. Now was as good a time as any, it would seem, to address the disappearing elephant-like beverage conundrum in the room…
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Seems that pun had gone too far, if Discord's reaction was any indication. Especially his statement, which was actually a pun but to the untrained ear, it sounded like the draconequus was completely done with these puns. For a moment, Kev's head quirked to the side and he blinked back at Discord. Usually when people said 'what the heck', or it's more....family unfriendly counterparts, they said it for a reason. The alien relaxed when he heard Discord's giggling though, giving a snort of his own. "Sorry, I just couldn't resist." He apologized, not really very apologetic about it at all.

True, people could get in the way. Enemies, fleeing citizens or something...and if the world were in peril, it might be harder to organize a 'get together' of the ponies and the elements. Still, it did seem much easier then most of the plans that Kev had seen for stopping the end of the world. If every disaster could be avoided by getting specific people to bring specific jewelry, they could very well be set for any disaster. "Mm, I see." These elements were worth pondering, quite curious and very interesting.

The room became a lot more uneasy with Kev's explanation though, Discord seemingly catching on that Swindle had disappeared even before Kev had stated as much. The use of past tense probably helped...Kev avoided Discord's gaze as well, settling it on the arm of his chair and keeping his hands busy by fiddling with his crest. Awkwardness settled in as Discord cleared his throat. "Yeah...he was really nice for a guy named Swindle..." He offered a weak chuckle, and pinched the crest between his fingers. Swindle had been a good friend, during the time Kev had had him. Perhaps Swindle had not been a good father, in the end...but a good friend, he did remain. At least good enough, perhaps not as good as Fluttershy, who had at least left a note for Discord. Swindle left a note for Skyler and Livewire, but no other notes were given. In fact, it was only a few days before that Kev had received a note for the first time from someone who was leaving for good. The memory of the letter from someone he had never really known that well and how of all the friends he ever had it was Laharl and Flonne that actually thought to leave him a note...Kev's fingers curled tightly around the crest and his averted eyes were dark, almost angry. But, mostly just sad.

Kev did finally glance back up at Discord, his own feelings subsiding as he blinked at the draconequus. Friendship is magic...? "Yeah...I guess sometimes it is." Why did he sound so...uneasy? Kev's head tilted slightly, eyes narrowing in thought. Wait...they were talking about crests and elements and how they compared...was Discord saying...? "Wait...do you mean friendship and magic are like...the same element?" Kev had certainly been friends with people who were magical, was still friends with magical people. They didn't seem to have any kind of...friendship magicy powers though...

"Hm?" What was this about magically disappearing tea? For a moment, Kev stared blankly back at Discord before craning his neck to peer down at his own cup. "It looks pretty normal to me." There was still a little bit of tea at the veeery bottom of the cup, waiting to be absorbed. Silence grew between them before it dawned on the alien swiftly. "Oh! Oh, I'm sorry, I forget who all does or doesn't know about me and how my kind are sometimes..." Discord had only been here one time before, after all, and it wasn't exactly the type of visit where one could give a biology lesson. Arguably, this visit may fall under the same category, except that maybe a biology lesson would be a good, non-depressing break. "It's actually not magic, I just absorbed it into my skin." Kev held a hand out, showing off the smooth scales of his palm. "Between the scales, I have pores, and they can soak in liquids. It's how my kind take in water and other liquids, since we don't have a mouth. Technically all of my body can absorb it, but my palms and fingers are best. And it draws less attention then taking off my shirt in front of guests and bathing myself in tea."

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Discord casually attempted to ignore the dark look he had glimpsed cross Kev’s face as he had awkwardly glanced up for the third time. Seeing Kev so distraught was strangely troubling; he had only ever seen the Kryptonistanian in a good mood with a figurative smile on his face. Frankly, he didn’t want to know what Kev had to be thinking of to put that array of emotions on his face. Believe it or not, he would prefer to be surprised by the evils that the Breach and its inhabitants could concoct. If he didn't, then how would he maintain such an immensely positive attitude about everything? Knowing what was on Kev's mind would probably only make him feel even worse, anyway… He just had to ask, didn't he. He really needed to learn to think of others every now and again. At least with the few nice others, anyway; who cares about the rest? He has to have someone to have a little discordant fun with.

Kev was confused. At first, Discord was confused right along with him, cocking his head to the side. Had Kev misheard him? Apparently so…but now he understood. ”Yes, the same element,” he verified. ”The Element of Magic back in Equestria basically is the Element of Friendship, hence why Twilight is now the Prince of Friendship and all that pomp.” The whole show was not nearly a big enough deal to the draconequus to earn as many musical numbers as it did. It had taken basically an entire season to get all of that sorted, so, needless to say, he had gotten bored with that particular subject looong ago. ”So, yes; Friendship is Magic, literally.” Would he ever feel comfortable with saying that phrase or any variation of it? The world may never know… He still grimaces a little every time.

As for the disappearing tea: ’Looks pretty normal’ he says… Discord joined Kev in peering into the teacup, looking first at the small amount of leftover leaf water and then up at the alien with an expression that was somewhere between ‘it takes two to pull off a vanishing act’ and ‘one hundred and twenty seven percent done.’ When Kev suddenly realized the error of his understanding, that expression morphed into a smirk of some sort. He leaned back into his seat again, expecting a long-winded explanation and only receiving a relatively simple one with some elaboration attached.

He blinked a few times. Well, that would certainly explain why Kev had stuck his fingers into his cup… Discord couldn’t help but snort a little bit at the mental image of Kev ripping his shirt off and wallowing in tea while his guests had trouble reacting to such a spectacle (or, even better, accepted it as normal and didn’t react at all). ”I had a cousin who could do that once,” he replied thoughtfully. Absorb things, that is. Not the whole ripping-your-shirt-off thing. Anypony with clothes could do that. ”Anyway, what about solid foods, or even really thick liquids? Are you able to absorb those, too, or do you just not need to eat anything solid, like a bat or something?” He’d never seen Kev ingest anything but tea by this point, so naturally he had to ask. Besides, it would be useful information if he ever decided to try going mouthless again. "Not that there's anything wrong with being like a bat, of course. After what happened to Fluttershy, I can't really judge bats anymore."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Discord's own confusion at least helped to clue Kev into realizing that Discord was trying to say something else. Rather then stating that friendship was magical, Discord was commenting that friendship literally was magic. The two elements were one and the same! "Huh..." Kev did remember Discord updating Fluttershy on Twilight's Princess status, as well as her getting some sort of castle. "Did Fluttershy and the other Element holders become Princesses too? And do their elements have a second meaning like Twilight's does?" It seemed logical to him, that if Twilight's element was friendship and magic, that the other elements would have a dual meaning as well. Of course, Kev was also working with the assumption that the Elements were all equal to each other when Magic was a bit stronger then the rest.

For the second time in the past few minutes, Kev had managed to completely miss what Discord was attempting to tell him, and the draconequus' face was rather apt in its expression. It had been so long since he had actually had something to drink around someone who was new to him, that he didn't catch on quite as quickly as he could have. Eventually the mistake was realized, and Kev attempted to explain it as best as he could. Hopefully Discord wouldn't be too confused... "A cousin, really? Wow..." The alien sounded slightly impressed. No one else he'd ever told had a cousin who absorbed foods like that! ...Granted it was a very specific thing, but still! Naturally, Discord had a few questions, though Discord's comments generated a few questions of his own.

"After what happened to Fluttershy...? Did she become a bat or something?" Must have been related to the little...time differences between Discord and Fluttershy, because she never mentioned being a bat! Slightly distracted, he got back on track with a sheepish look. "Right! It depends. I've had some friends blend up solid foods and give it to me like that. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Like you mentioned with thicker fluids, it's a little harder. Definitely takes longer and if there's chunks of solid food inside of it, it's not going to be absorbed. So sometimes I've been given blended up food and it just kinda...leaves a weird crumby mess on my scales. But no, I don't really need solids! I need water to be hydrated, and sunlight because my body is a lot like a plant. Anything else is probably just 'extra'. We didn't have quite the variety of foods on my planet that this place does. Maybe a few fruit juices or something, but otherwise? The variety here is actually pretty amazing!" Meats of all kinds, vegetables and fruits, and the different flavors that could be gained by different seasonings and method of cooking! Ah, it was kinda amazing. The alien let out a slightly wistful sigh. "There've been a few times where I've wound up transforming into a human and getting to taste food is always my favorite part of being a human. Or technically anything with a mouth, really..."

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun May 03, 2015 8:52 pm

((Sorrysorrysorrysorry I've been mega busy recently. D: Too many tests and projects.))

”No, Twilight’s the only princess,” Discord clarified. ”Not really sure why… Magic is the most powerful of the elements, so perhaps that has something to do with it.” It could’ve been a character thing, but all of the girls had their own flaws--including Twilight. Discord doubted that they’d all become princesses, though. He didn’t know nearly as much about how that worked as the princesses would have, but something told him that alicorns were scarce for a reason and would probably be staying that way. For centuries there had only been two, and now there were still only four since Twilight joined their ranks. Not many could be trusted with that kind of power; they were talking about ponies here, after all. ”Not all of them have double meanings. Most of them are just what they say on the tin.” Magic was special like that.

Naturally his allusion would require some explanation, given how ridiculous it sounded to the uninitiated. ”Yes,” was his blunt response before he decided to elaborate further. ”Long story short, she was turned into this bat-pony hybrid thing for a little bit. Something with a vampire fruit bat infestation in Applejack’s orchard or something of the sort.” He wasn’t actually there, of course, but he had heard all about it. That cliffhanger, though… Yikes. ”It was quite the fiasco; nopony will ever look at a bat the same way ever again.”

So apparently Kev couldn’t absorb solids, as he had presumed but thought to ask. His body being like a plant threw the draconequus a bit, but he decided not to ask. ”Yes, variety really is the spice of life.” He glared at the wall as he said that. Speaking of allusions, something really had to be done about this monotonous, unchanging décor. One of these days… ”You get to get away from typical old juice and water, and I get to eat something that is neither horse feed nor my own idea.” He made a note to himself to get out and try more of the restaurants. Fluttershy had mixed up her shopping list a little bit to try something new, but that just wasn’t the same as having an alien you’ve never met cook your dinner.

…That was something he never thought he’d think. Splendid!

”Wait a minute, be kind rewind, transforming into a human? When and how, pray tell, did that happen?” Discord asked suddenly. It wasn’t that he hadn’t heard of anything like that before, he just didn’t expect to encounter that here. And so, it was Kev’s turn to explain the not-so-subtle allusion.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 08, 2015 2:41 am

The only Princes, huh? Well, besides the Princesses who made the moon and sun rise. That had to be strange, to have a friend that suddenly becomes a Princess like that. He almost wondered if any of them got jealous, but the ponies didn't seem the type. The bearers of Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity, Honesty, and Laughter probably wouldn't get jealous, or at least not jealous enough to cause a rift. They probably got over it. Though it still seemed the tiniest bit unfair... "Most powerful..." Kev steepled his fingers, pondering. Magic/Friendship was the strongest, which made sense considering how strong magic in general seemed to be. If Twilight became a Princess and held the strongest Element, it seemed like she was something of a leader! "The other Princesses raise the sun and the moon, right? So what does Twilight raise, the stars?" Twilight's element was also the only one to have a double meaning. The rest of the ponies had elements that were just one thing. Perhaps in the world of ponies, magic and friendship were just two sides of the same coin. Creating friends somehow...generated magic. Pretty weird, but not nearly as weird as the story about how Fluttershy became a bat!

Intrigued, Kev leaned forward to listen to the long story made short. Fluttershy had been turned into a...bat pony hybrid through some very specific shenanigans. Apparently Applejack's farm (wonder what she grew on that farm, nyuck nyuck) was infested with vampire fruit bats. The alien seemed interested to hear more, but it seems Discord didn't know anymore details. Suppose it was fair, since Kev didn't know much about the crests. "I don't think I'd be able to look at a bat the same way, if my friend turned into one. Still, I bet she was cute." Bats were rather adorable, after all. Even vampire fruit bats were probably cute! "So a vampire fruit bat is a bat that eats fruit and...blood?" Though Kev had been acquainted with vampires of all kinds, he had yet to run into any vampire bats.

Kev nodded in agreement, Gods knew he was getting a lot of variety in his life recently. Not entirely unwelcome though! "Variety is rather...nice." The alien sounded a little distracted as he said so, though he soon took notice of the way Discord was staring at the walls. What in the world...? He decided to ignore that and focus on what Discord said. Horse feed and his own idea? Hm, suppose a place that was full of ponies would only have things a pony would wanna eat. From the look of Discord, he probably liked a HUGE variety of food. No wonder he had to create it himself with magic! Kinda reminded him of an ability Bonkers had. "What do the things you create taste like? Do they taste just like food or do they have a magic-y aftertaste?" For a moment, things were quiet, before Discord suddenly picked up on something Kev had said and asked for some elaboration. The alien chuckled, leaning forward to rest his elbows upon his knees.

"Well, it happened the first year I was here. Swindle had a lot of strange and magical things in his little warp space thing, you remember me saying earlier, and among those things was a gun that changed your species. You put DNA in there, aim and fire it at someone, bam! They are changed. You could even put a timer for how long it lasts, and I was a human for a week once. Ate until I had a very large belly. I've also been aged down to a small child, turned into a female of my kind, and turned into an Alternian. Some of that was from Portal X though, and since Swindle is gone now, I think it's Portal X who would change your species if you wanted to change it now." And here, the alien suddenly looked around before he leaned in toward Discord. "Tell you the truth...ever since I befriended Fluttershy I've been a little tempted to go to Portal X and ask to be turned into a pony. It just seems...interesting, you know? But, heh, I guess it's a little silly. I'd have hooves, certainly couldn't go do my job...I'd have to make some arrangements, relearn how to walk, probably." The alien pulled away to rest his back against his chair. "It's just one of those things you consider but never really do, I guess..." Maybe one day...?

SUBTLE FORESHADOWING.

((It's fine, I know that feel! Summer just started for me thankfully. I do have a summer class but it doesn't start til the end of June! Good luck on your finals!))

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun May 10, 2015 12:54 pm

((LUCKY! My finals are the 20th and 21st, so I've still got a little more than a week to go. :P Thanks for the luck!))

Hey, he remembered the artificial day-night cycle! ”Actually the stars are revealed by Luna at the same time as the moon, usually,” Discord corrected. ”As far as I know, Twilight doesn’t do anything like that. Neither does the third princess.” He really didn’t see the point of Twilight and Cadence being alicorns sometimes… They were more like moderately intelligent pony-sonified abstractions, really. Of everything Discord wanted to know about what had happened since he had left Equestria, finding out what Twilight had to get up to as the so-called Princess of Friendship seemed to be the only thing truly irritating him. This was at least the third time it had come up in conversation, for Celestia’s sake!

Cute? Discord blinked once. ”I suppose… In a creepy, bat-pony sort of way.” Only a mother, Kev, only a mother. At the question of whether vampire fruit bats drank blood, Discord’s reaction became much more animated. ”Blood? Oh nonono, just fruit. They suck all the juices out of the fruit and have pointy teeth with which to do so. They’re not harmful to ponies directly, only to their crops.” That would be terrifying. To be perfectly honest, Discord actually was a little put-off by that… Blood-sucking bats may have seemed extinct in Equestria, but if Kev knew of blood-sucking bats, then they either existed in his homeworld and/or they existed here on the Breach. Hopefully they were friendly, or at least bribable. If not, then he was probably going to have a pretty bad time when he inevitably encountered one…

Setting that chilling notion aside, they moved on to other inquiries. ”They taste however I want them to,” he explained in response to Kev’s next question. As long as it wasn’t paper, he usually didn’t even care what taste he ended up with; he kept himself on his toes like that. ”Lately anything I try has had the original flavor of whatever I’m altering as an after-taste--I’ve only just recently become powerful enough to create genuine objects out of thin air so I’ve been making do with illusions--but other than that, it’s dealer’s choice.”

Of course it was magic, duh… Everything is magical these days. This species-altering gun sounded rather whimsical. Oh the havoc that could be wrought with that gun! Discord wistfully thought of the possible shenanigans that could’ve been had if he had had the chance to know this Swindle guy… Think of all the wondrously humorous things these gadgets could do if they were in the right hands! The chaos that could’ve been had was teasing him! And apparently Kev had quite a bit of experience with that kind of thing, if that sizable list was anything to go off of. Discord’s eyebrows raised with pleasant surprise and he whistled; somepony gets around... When Kev leaned in to tell him something, he mirrored the Kryptonistanian, his eyes narrowed as if they were about to gossip about something.

He couldn’t say he was disappointed; Kev had thought about seeing what it was like having hooves?

Discord half-stifled a gasp by biting his lip, the most devilish jovial expression on his face now. THE TEMPTATION! The only thing causing him to hesitate was that he knew he wasn’t quite powerful enough to manage a full transformation like that for very long yet. He could pull off the illusion for maybe an hour or so, but it would be taxing… Oh, but he was so tempted to try anyway! He could totally do it, couldn’t he?! Couldn’t he?!?! ”Never say never,” he ground out, his voice strained as if he were struggling to hold in some major spoilers here.

His expression was probably scaring Kev a little by now… Or at least giving off a variety of implications; it wasn’t exactly a poker face. ”If only I was just a little bit stronger!” he said quietly to himself, almost certain and certainly not caring that Kev had probably been able to hear every word. Because who needs Portal X’s shenanigans when you’ve got an OP Discord in your thread?

He finally calmed down all at once, letting out a breath and sagging down onto his chair. ”I need to find somepony to practice my fighting and magic with, this is getting ridiculous,” he mumbled dejectedly. ”You would make a great pony, Kev,” he added more positively.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 14, 2015 8:48 pm

((You're welcome! And wow, it still isn't final time yet xD Aw well! It'll be here before you know it. Oh, and this Saturday is a new Discord episode of MLP~ that ought be fun!))

Oh! ...Oh, so the stars and the moon and...probably the whole night sky was under Luna's jurisdiction, as the night pony. That actually made a lot of sense. He supposed it was the same for Celestia and the day sky! With...clouds and...whatever else counted as the day sky. Twilight didn't raise anything into the sky, and Kev nodded his head to show that he understood. Right, right, yep-WAIT third Princess?! The alien stopped mid-nod and stared. "There's a third one?" A lot of what Discord and Fluttershy had talked about that one day may have gone over his head, though there were still bits he had picked up on. This third Princess though... "Huh. So I guess Twilight and this other Princess probably just do...normal Princess things. Like..." Kev rubbed his chin for a moment before giving a shrug. "Okay, I don't know what Princesses do, but I guess it's like leading any other country or something."

It was only with Discord's reaction that Kev realized how awkward it was to speculate on how 'cute' Fluttershy may or may not have been as a bat pony. The scaly alien chuckled sheepishly. "Right, right." Not everyone really cared or paid attention to how 'cute' something may be, and they probably wouldn't ponder over how cute their friend might be. Especially a recently disappeared friend...Kev was content to let that part of the conversation drop at least, and instead focused on learning about the bats. The very idea of the bats slurping up blood seemed to really disgust Discord! "Oh! Vampire fruit bats! Riiight, they eat the fruit juice like a vampire! Okay, now it makes sense..." The little ponies didn't have to worry about any bats scraping and licking their hide for blood, though they did have to worry about their fruits being sucked dry. "Do you think leaving out fruit juice for them to drink might help? Or would they just ignore it and focus on the fruits?" Animals could be rather stubborn, sometimes.

Discord's magically conjured food tasted however he wanted them to taste. "Ah, so if you were interested in a chocolate milkshake, you could make it taste like a banana! Or like a steak, if you really wanted it to." Suppose the magic of a being like Discord would have such chaotic properties! Unpredictable and all. Though with this place being the way it was, Discord's magic was still affected and so anything he conjured up for food merely had an aftertaste of the original flavor. Otherwise, however, it was whatever Discord felt like doing! "Hopefully, it doesn't take long for your powers to come back in full. They sound pretty great, not to mention useful." Kev gave every detail he could remember to Discord, informing him of how easy it once was to turn one's own body on a whim. Though it also opened the door to pranks that included being turned like that...and there was the fact that the first time he'd been turned into a human, it wasn't really...something he asked for. He had been used as the guinea pig for the gun without being told what it was or how it worked, just 'sit here Kev and let me shoot you with this gun'. Mmm...he shook his head, and paid attention to Discord instead. The draconequus leaned in close to hear Kev's 'secret', and the reaction was more animated then he anticipated. But, Discord seemed to like the idea, from what he could tell! He looked positively ecstatic, and it was only Discord's strained response that made Kev realize why he was reacting this way. Kev's brows shot up for a moment, before Kev brought his gloved fists up to his cheeks in an ecstatic expression of his own. "Hee~! Alright, no nevers for me!~" Magic, though confusing, could be so great sometimes! It almost made him wonder if X's powers were some kind of magic...

The prospect of turning into a pony, a desire he'd had for about two years, made him a little excited himself, rather then scared of Discord's great pokerface. Though Discord's magic was obviously not something to take lightly, it was still a fun little idea!~ Though reality soon set in, as Discord's strength as still below what it could be. Kev's hands drooped until he laced his fingers together and rested them on his lap. "I'd offer to help you out, but I'm afraid I'm not very magical." Though he had certainly been trying. "I can't really think of anybody offhand that's magical...maybe you could put something on the bulletin board! 'Magic guy looking for magical opponent to build up magical skills'. It's worth a shot." He gave a quick shrug before Discord added that Kev would make a great pony. The reaction was pretty instant. Kev clasped his hands together, and his eyes seemed to get a smidgeon bigger, not to mention a tiny bit sparkly as he looked back at the Discord with utter glee? "You really think so?!" He made a soft 'eee' noise before continuing. "Since I'm green, I guess I'd probably be a green pony, but I don't mind! I wonder what my mane and tail would be like! And I wonder if I'd be a unicorn, or a pegasus, or a normal pony! I really wouldn't mind though, I'd be happy just to be a prancy little pony!"

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Fri May 15, 2015 9:13 pm

((I know! *squee* I can't wait!))

”Yes, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, a.k.a. Cadence,” Discord confirmed, his tone high, mighty, and patronizing as he said the pompous name. He personally didn’t care much for Cadence; he acknowledged her existence, and that was about it. She had never stood in his way, and no other occasion had brought them together extensively. Discord smiled slightly at Kev’s speculation. ”Basically. Cadence is kinda like Twilight, except she's supposed to be the Princess of Love. She's got her own little kingdom in the north and all that jazz--the Crystal Empire.”

Kev wrote:"Do you think leaving out fruit juice for them to drink might help? Or would they just ignore it and focus on the fruits?"

The draconequus thought for a moment about that. ”Actually, it might have… I wonder if Fluttershy or any of the other girls thought of that one,” he pondered. "It probably would have worked." He would have to keep that in mind just in case he ever encountered any fruit-suckers of any kind in this world. With Fluttershy gone, he would be responsible for taking care of the animals that had come to love and rely on her… He gulped quietly, trying and very nearly failing to hide the emotions that thought provoked. Hopefully he and the animals would be able to get along better than they had in the past… He hadn’t forgotten the poison joke incident.

Returning to the artificial flavoring conversation was a welcome distraction from the dark tunnel that train of thought was heading. ”Sure, why not?” he said with a smile, shoving those thoughts roughly to the side once again. Oh, the day he was back to his full strength… That would be the day. ”Indeed. Just making do with illusions is getting old, even as amazing as I am at creating them,” he said wistfully. He hated settling for magic tricks; he was practically a god for crying out loud! He could do much, much, much better than simply a bunch of fancy illusions. Back in Equestria, he had been able to reshape the fabric of reality itself. His goal at the moment was to be at least half that strong once again; just enough to be back to his old self at least for the most part, and that would be enough to hold him over.

Speaking of his incompetence, Kev seemed positively euphoric at the thought of turning into a pony. No nevers indeed! If nobody else got to it first, Discord was definitely going to make sure the Kryptonistanian woke up as a pony one of these days. Of course he wasn’t going to boast that aloud and ruin the surprise… Kev probably wasn't absolutely certain as to what what the full extent of Discord’s power really was, and he couldn’t wait to show him one of these days when he was finally capable of much greater feats. Who knows, maybe they would even get kidnapped by the same villain someday; wouldn’t that be awful. Sadly, Kev couldn’t offer much assistance in the magic-learning department. However, he did suggest that Discord put out a personal ad of some sort. ”Perhaps,” he replied thoughtfully. It wasn’t a horrible idea, but he wasn’t sure how eager he was to call himself out on how so very inferior he was at the moment. Who knows who would see such a thing in such a public place? What if somebody like those judges or that Gary, Hazmat, Whatshisface guy saw it and took advantage? That would not be good at all considering how much he valued his continued existence. He didn't, however, see any harm in looking at the bulletin board every once in a while. Who knows, maybe somepony else would post something there that would snag his attention.

Discord just couldn’t help but smile at that little squee of joy. He stood by what he had said; Kev really would make a great pony. It took most of his self control to not laugh aloud at the ‘prancy little pony’ line, though; he suddenly had a very vivid vision of Kev as a little green pony frolicking gaily through a field of flowers and sunshine with the most dewy-eyed expression possible. Oh Celestia have mercy… ”I was a pony once,” he reminisced suddenly. ”Of course it was only a temporary disguise, but I think it counts.” If it had been good enough to fool Tirek into thinking he was a unicorn, then it definitely counted.

Speaking of… ”And then there was when Twilight got turned into a human and Spike got turned into a dog--twice actually, but only in an alternate universe of sorts--and then Fluttershy had the whole bat thing…” Twilight got to have all the fun, didn’t she? ”Oh, and then there was that other time I was a stained glass window, and a balloon, and a butterfly, and a few other things,” he added. ”Nothing quite as interesting as changing age or turning into an alien thanks to magic, however, and none of it lasting a whole week.” In fact, half of that had only lasted a few hours or less… Just enough to get his point across before he moved on to the next guise. Of course he couldn’t exactly complain; being a normal pony or human or inanimate object would get so boring after the initial novelty wore off.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 am

((New episode was funny and cuter then anticipated! Plus, top notch Discord animation!~))

Mi Amore...Cadenza? Kev pulled his head back slightly, one eye squinting. That...name, paired up with the way Discord said it, really made it sounds very...'frou frou'. The draconequus might as well stick his snout up into the air as well. Any people Kev had ever heard use such a tone typically had their noses held high in the sky. Ugh...Mi Amore Cadenza. "And I thought Celestia was a fancy pony name...that one completely blows it out of the water." Even among Princesses, it was the fanciest, shmanciest name of them all. "I much prefer Cadence. It's pretty, without being so...long." And Cadence was similar to Twilight, being Princess of Love while Twilight was Princess of...Magic/Friendship? Both basically being Princesses of...well, ideas, honestly. Though friendship could actually make magic...maybe love could too? "Ooh, Crystal Empire! I bet when Twilight's older, she'll get her own castle and all that." Her own plot of land to rule over, like Princess Cadence.

Kev was quite interested to hear that Discord actually thought his idea could work! A prideful little gleam in his eye, the alien listened as Discord continued. "Well, now we have some ideas in case we ever run into any vampire fruit bats here! Not that I know anyone that farms those kinds of crops, but still. I bet they could wreak some havoc in the grocery stores." He kinda wanted to see one of these bats now...Making any food he wished taste like something else, mmm. If Kev could do that, he'd make everything taste like fruit juice! Maybe even chocolate! Kev couldn't help but tilt his head at Discord curiously, as the draconequus expressed his frustrations with having illusions and little else. Hm...Kefka could do magic, as could Terra, but he couldn't really remember anything...specific nor magical. Flying? Discord could do that. The alien rubbed at his chin before looking up at his guest. "What else can you do?" The scaly alien really did have no idea what Discord could do, or even what most magic people could. Harry could teleport, turn into an animal, and he'd known some vampires who could change into animals too. Discord was already an animal though! What sorts of shenanigans could he do, that he could think of turning Kev into a pony? Could he change objects and people, like those transforming guns and X's own powers could?

Discord at least considered the bulletin board. Perhaps wasn't a rejection! Kev had no idea what all magic entailed, maybe it couldn't be so simple. Nevertheless, the option was there and now Discord had been informed of it. Kev's excitement at possibly turning into a pony made Discord smile, which made the alien chuckle a bit. That was what this visit needed, smiles! "You were?" Oh, it was just a disguise. Another magical skill, no doubt. "Ooh, did you feel like a pony too? Or did you feel like your normal self? Since it's a disguise, was it just a visual change?" Sort of like an illusion? It made him wonder if Discord changed himself like that often... Apparently species changing wasn't limited to Portal Breach either! Twilight became a human, someone named Spike was a dog, they already talked about Fluttershy being a bat, but it was when they got to Discord that things really got interesting! Not to mention that it answered Kev's own pondering about Discord!

"A stain-glassed window, a balloon, and a butterfly? Wow! Did you do it yourself?" Kev couldn't even imagine what being a window or a balloon was like! And he thought that having teeth and hair was strange...what could it possibly be like to be glass in a frame? Or a plastic doodad whose innards were air? It was freaky to think of! ...Or maybe not. Discord found it much less interesting then what Kev had gotten up to, and those transformations were not nearly as long. "I still think it's pretty neat. That other stuff is neat too, with Twilight being a human and that Spike pony being a dog." Kev had four dogs himself! Wonder what they'd think if he turned into a dog for a day...

Last edited by Kev on Tue May 26, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun May 24, 2015 11:50 pm

((That episode was pretty great. :D I enjoyed it a lot! In other news, this should be the last reply (at least for a while) that takes way too friggin' long because I'm not going to be as busy for a while. *whoop whoop!*))

Discord almost snickered. ”Everypony else prefers ‘Cadence,’ too.” He supposed Celestia did sound pretty uppity as well… He was just used to that one by now. Plus, it had so much whimsy that he was more likely to make fun of it for being a pun of sorts than how fancy it was. Celestia raises the sun, Mi Amore uses the gravity of love, Pinkie Pie is a pink pony who sells pastries; he could go on. Of course his own name wasn’t any different in that regard, but at least he was a dragon…ish thing and not a teeny, girly, talking horse with a squeaky voice. He was badass enough to get away with it.

”Actually, Twilight just recently got her own castle,” he corrected when Kev interrupted his thoughts. ”Just before I left, actually, but she doesn’t have a kingdom or anything as far as I know… And it’s nowhere near as impressive as the other castles in Equestria.” Except maybe the Castle of the Two Sisters… It may look cool now that it’s all decrepit and spooky and surrounded by chaotic dark forest, but back in its hay-day it kind of sucked. Or at least that’s what he thought; ponies are more easily impressed.

The mental image of vampire fruit bats rampaging through a grocery store made Discord snort in amusement. Of course the shoppers would probably just kill them all off, but assuming they didn’t--as Discord was--the scene that would ensue was absolutely priceless. ”Absolutely,” he agreed aloud with a smug grim. ”I bet they would imprint on Judge Fear.” ’Attack-sssssss my juisssse-thirsssssty army-ssss!!!’ Discord was barely able to stifle the snickering that followed that thought.

Kev wrote:"What else can you do?"

Discord had recovered by the time Kev asked that. Naturally he would be curious… ”Oh, all kinds of things. Chaos-based magic is very versatile,” he replied cryptically. It wasn’t that he cared for mystery enough to guard the truth, but rather that it really was versatile; he could give some general examples, but to explain it all would take days which the late hour wouldn’t permit.

Speaking of curiosity, Discord was soon bombarded with questions about his actually-not-too-shabby list of shape-shifting exploits. ”I still felt like me, just a different shaped me,” he explained. If that made no sense, then he was not about to apologize. ”Boring old regular unicorn on the outside, epically powerful mischievous and devilishly handsome draconequus on the inside.” He couldn’t help but preen a little bit as Kev praised his ability. Just a little bit…

”But of course,” he boasted with his chest puffed. ”I was quite powerful back in Equestria. Usually I prefer to maintain my form, however. As handsome of a stained glass window as I am, you simply can’t beat perfection,” he explained, gesturing to himself to indicate said perfection. (A.k.a. his expertly animated countenance, of course.) ”And I’ll admit that I really never have tried altering my age before… No circumstance, I suppose.” He was kind of tempted now, however… Nothing too extreme, of course--he didn’t want to be either kind of drooling mess and unable to fend for himself.

”Spike’s a baby dragon, not a pony,” he corrected, reluctant to bring the topic away from his prowess. ”He and Twilight are close friends, there’s something dramatic about it in their history. He isn’t very interesting.” Discord preferred the company of older dragons; they were much more unpredictable. It was nothing personal, he just didn’t like boring normal ponies. ”Said the one who has never tried going human… I’ll add that to the list of reasons I need my power to return to full capacity.” That sounded like he was talking more to himself than Kev. He had quite a sizable list going… He’d have to leave that in X’s complaint box once he ran out of scroll.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 pm