Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Breakeven

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:45 pm

((You're welcome! If you ever need any college advice, I wouldn't mind trying to help~))

That little reservation made the alien relieved that Fluttershy had never died while she was here. How would those sweet, tender little ponies have reacted to something so shocking as dying and resurrecting? However, Discord's reaction to the idea of mass death was perhaps much more interesting than ponies realizing their mortality. It actually threw the alien off for a moment, as Kev blinked up at his friend. The other's shock was...confusing. It dawned on him fairly quickly though, that not everybody had been around for those few disasters that threatened to destroy everything in the entire Gamma. Sheepish, the alien seemed to shrink into the back of his chair and duck his head down.

"Well, most cases are isolated, as I'm sure you remember from that encounter in the summer..." Indeed, aside from people suddenly disappearing, the world seemed unaffected by what had happened during the summer. The majority of people didn't even realize there was some sort of war going on between two Queens! "But there are those...rare few enemies who sprout up, with powers that can kill everything and everyone." Kev seemed content to leave it at that, just as Discord seemed content to only hear as much. Suppose that wasn't the most uplifting of things to say... How funny that he didn't even realize how startling that might be to hear. Eager not to leave the subject with his guest feeling uncomfortable, the scaly man seemed to straighten up in his seat. "But don't worry! They obviously have never succeeded, because we don't take that kind of trouble laying down." Even more reason to not feel guilty for sitting out on a couple of disasters!

Discord's frown almost had the Kryptonistanian scrambling! Such a look seemed strange on his usually jubilant muzzle. "Aaaw, Shally! You hurt his feelings!" Kev scolded, holding the cat with his hands beneath her kitty armpits. The cat laid languidly in his grasp, like a limp noodle. "Don't you worry Discord, I'll protect you." The draconequus didn't seem to take kindly to the idea that he needed protection though, insisting that he had faced many things far scarier than a single cat. Surely Shally could not frighten the spirit of Chaos himself! And yet the alien's owlish eyes couldn't help but notice how stiff Discord had become, tail stiff so as to not grab her attention, and wing still shielded. Me thinks the spirit doth protest too much...or however that went. Settling the cat back down upon his lap where she began to knead the fabric of pants covering his knee, Kev gave Discord a knowing look. The cowardly man knew fear when he saw it... "Uh-huh, of course. Merely a diplomatic solution, yes?" Whether it really was fear or not, Kev also knew better than to push the subject when Discord seemed embarrassed. He merely squinted his eyes in silent understanding.

Aah there we go...that grin looked much more natural on him! Snickering lightly, he was delighted to hear that Discord was in agreement. "Absolutely!" Like two misshapen peas in a weird little pod! Waiting for Discord to answer, Kev's slim fingers rubbed and caresses at Shally's neck, the cat purring in response. "Oh? Good! You're very welcome, I'm glad you liked the Santa!" No more tea to pour down into his belly, no more Santas to fit into his gob... Thinking back to Discord's bravery and skills, the alien found himself suddenly curious. "So which beast that you've faced was the most formidable?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:56 pm

((Sorry about the extra delay on this one, I was trying to come up with a story we haven't heard a million times. ;3))

Discord sure hoped that that "most" was accurate. He only had the one experience to go off of himself—clearly not an adequate sample size for this survey. However, he saw no reason to doubt Kev's judgment in this case. Kev did admit that there had been incidents in which the whole world had been in genuine peril… But the draconequus saw no need to go into the gruesome details of those events. He was already put off his tea as it was; no need to push his endurance further. "Of course not! This world has more than its fair share of heroes, after all," he agreed. It was hard to tell from his tone whether he was grateful for or irritated by having that many "heroes" around. (Perhaps a bit of both.) "Well, not necessarily the 'good guy' type of heroes… More the 'enemy of my enemy' type." He shrugged. "Close enough." Beggars can't be choosers, right?

HURT his FEELINGS?! Clearly all of his denial was in vain. Except it wasn't denial because there wasn't anything for him to deny in the first place! Regardless, his expression deepened into a rather ridiculous indignant frown before he turned his nose up at the pair. And the mere thought of him needing protection from a mere "kitty" "Yes, diplomatic," he grumbled. This was worse than that one time he had been sent to the hospital by that talking marshmallow. And just as before, he would one day ensure he got revenge for being humiliated by such a meager opponent. One day, he would return—stronger, more knowledgeable, more powerful—and he would defeat this foe who had cost him so dearly. "One day…" he vowed under his breath, narrowing his eyes at the noodley feline.

Kev's hospitality broke that train of thought, and once again they were onto a different topic, this time as Kev asked him about which of the foes he had faced was most formidable. "Hmmm…" It was difficult to narrow it down. Surely nothing before those quaint little pony towns started cropping up everywhere, those settlements had impacted the lands so greatly. "I'm not so sure he was the most formidable, but there was that upstart King Anubis; he was fairly troublesome back in his time." Oh boy, that was a one way ticket to memory lane…Which of course meant it was story time whether Kev had really been asking for it or not.

"Anubis was a jackal king in Ancient Anugypt back in my home dimension. I suppose you could say we were 'friends,' but not really. I tolerated him, he generally respected me, you know how it goes." Honestly, he hadn't really cared for the jackals and their subjects whatsoever; it wasn't until things had gotten more interesting that he had really started paying attention to them and their conflicts. "It was a satisfactory arrangement. We left each other alone until one day when he sought me out.

"He had managed to come upon some sort of ancient artifact—I'm not too certain of the details, seeing as I wasn't there for that bit and he didn't include that particular bit of his plans in his evil monologue—and of course this artifact gave him epic, unimaginable power and no longer was I going to be so free because he couldn't have my sort of power undermining his authority over the lands and all that, bored me to tears with the whole spiel. I didn't really have anything going on, so I went along with it. I told him that I 'feared his esteemed majesty's power' and 'I couldn't possibly rise against someone as magical as he' and that 'if he would merely spare me, I'll never forget his clemency' and 'would ceaselessly devote myself to his majesty' and he fell for it!"
    Discord was obviously amused, barely managing to stifle his laughter behind his grin. "The whole thing was hilarious! He genuinely thought I worshipped him! So, naturally, to make sure I didn't forget my place, he stuck me at the bottom of the food chain with the cats.

"Cats were considered an inferior species at the time. Most were slaves to the jackals, not like the ponies of the time. No, the ponies were mostly 'middle class' in a manner of speaking. But that's neither here nor there. Point is, I was as good as any of the cats as far as Anubis was concerned. During my subjugation, however, I saw all I needed to of the way he was running his kingdom. The one good thing about servitude is that it's easy to come up with an excuse for being just about anywhere you want to go, so I was able to explore the entire pyramid and even some of the surrounding city without anyone thinking anything of it. A fantastic place, really, but there was just one little thing that I couldn't ignore…

"Anubis had used his aforementioned unimaginable power to effectively dictate the entire civilization. It was just so orderly!"
    The way he hissed that word made it sound as bad as a swear, and to him it certainly was. "Nopony even thought to rise against him or anything, they didn't even try! They just did what they were told, and it was dreadfully dull. I couldn't just let that pass, of course, what sort of Spirit of Chaos would I be if I had?

"Luckily for me, I had become fast friends with this feisty little purple cat called Baast. She detested Anubis and his reign even more than I did. All it took on my part was a little bit of, ahem, gentle persuasion, and she and her fellow felines started a rebellion. We all escaped, and I would've taken to the stands with some popcorn if Anubis hadn't correctly assumed that I had a hand in the rebellion. I managed to escape him for a while, but one even longer story later, he recaptured me. Fortunately, I didn't even have to lift a claw against him after all; Anubis was so distracted by my capture that he didn't see the cats in the rafters. Baast and her friends dethroned him in record time, and cha—ehm, freedom was restored to the land once more."

Discord lounged back with a satisfied expression which was clearly an unspoken "The End" to his tale. "Not a win I technically achieved on my own, but the day was saved and order was defeated, and all I had to do was pull a few strings and enjoy the show, so still a win." That king had been a fool for underestimating him, obviously.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:06 am

((No problem! I can only imagine how hard that'd be with all of the MLP content there is to work with xD How's college for you, so far?))

"Right, heroes!" Needless to say, the scaly man sounded more enthusiastic than Discord did. The draconequus' tone drew a curious look from Kev, though he caught on to it quickly. A former villain wouldn't be too happy about an abundance of heroes, would he? Especially compared to a mostly neutral, just plain nice guy like Kev. "I kind of like the 'enemy of my enemy' types. A good way for different people to meet! Though sometimes it uh... Can get pretty tense." He scratched at the back of his head awkwardly, knowing that was an understatement. "Still, as long as it works! Personally, I'm just eager to get to know new people." He chuckled shamelessly, crossing his ankles together as he peered up at the Spirit of Chaos. Goodness, look at that frown! It was as if somebody had attached anvils to the corners of Discord's lips!

Stifling a snicker, the alien rubbed Shally's paws together gently, making it look as if she were clapping. "Now look at that face. You owe him an apology, little miss! And the best apology is changed behavior." Tilting his head down, Kev bumped his nose against her little pink one lightly. Boop! "I still love you though~." Placing the cat down, she lazily stretched across Kev's lap and blinked up at Discord in a drowsy manner. All the while, scaly fingertips began to comb though her fur in gentle strokes. Not even the vow could display the cat's peace, the tortoiseshell merely staring up at him as if daring him to try. Shally was perhaps a bit vain in her assurance that Discord would never get his revenge.

"Oooh, you fought a King?" A terrible one by the sounds of it, though with Discord's past, it'd be interesting to hear what this King was like. Whether he was good, or so bad that even Discord disliked him! All eyes on the uneven ones owned by a draconequus, both scaly and feline, intent to hear this tale. King Anubis, jackal King in some land called...Anugypt. Funny, it sounded like the Earth Egypt. Discord held a shaky acquaintanceship with the King, one of tolerance and sort-of respect. This all changed on one faithful day! Kev's large eyes widened with interest. On this day, the King revealed that he had found a magic artifact and would use it to imprison the wild card known as Discord. The alien gasped openly, shocked at this development as even while recalling it, the spirit just sounded bored. He became much more animated soon after, sincerely amused as the King easily believed Discord's bluff. Indeed, sometimes playing to one's ego was quite useful! And it sounded like this Anubis had more than enough ego to spare.

Assured that Discord would be no issue, the jackal put him in the same position as cats, who were lowest on this totem pole! A deep growl vibrated across Kev's lap, the alien glancing down to see a very unhappy cat. He scratched behind her ear and whispered softly into her little kitty mind, tender thoughts that she was definitely not the lowest of the low! Turning back to Discord, Kev remained respectfully quiet, yet still gave him a sympathetic look upon hearing of the treatment doled onto him by the King. Surely, such days had not been enjoyable. Still, it put him in the proper spot to witness the kingdom, and how Anubis ruled it. A scaly brow arched as Discord revealed how Anubis used this unimaginable power; to control the masses into being sheep. "Eh..." Not even Kev was impressed! And of course, Anubis' reign was the very opposite of Discord's very spirit.

Discord's final plan was to use a bit of persuasion to generate a rebellion, though the name of the purple cat he used as a pawn drew a light wince from the alien. Well, that was definitely a familiar name. Letting it slide off his back swiftly, he focused on the rest of the story instead. Discord and the cats had escaped, though Anubis wouldn't leave things to lie. He figured out Discord's bluff, and realized what he had done! Furious, Anubis eventually captured Discord but was attacked by the cats hidden in the rafters before he could lay a paw on him! The Jackal king was dethroned, and people were free once again! Clapping eagerly, Kev chuckled. Sometimes those are the best stories of all! Close to the action, but not too close! I'm surprised that everything wound up working in your favor in the end. It sounds like it was a difficult time, but at least you had uh...Baast, to back you up!" Head cocking to the side, he considered Discord's story. "So, did she take the King's place?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:50 pm

((Finally settled in. :'D I actually like all my classes, so that's cool. Living in a dorm is weird since I've only ever lived with my parents before, but not at all bad. :3 I actually like it, and enjoying school again is fun, so yay! Things are going well!))

“Yes, I suppose it is, isn’t it?” He doubted he would’ve voluntarily kept the company of a pair of undead judges, several anime characters of varied questionable moralities, a couple of robots, and various other odds and ends if he hadn’t been stranded in the wilderness with them for a week, so yes; he had definitely met some new people. He may not even remember most of their names by now, but he could probably pick them out of a police line-up should the need arise. (And it probably wouldn’t. Those judges were nothing if not efficient.)

Discord quickly stuck out a forked tongue at the feline when he assumed Kev may not catch it. Something told him that their simple battle was merely a fraction of a much larger cold war… One which he would emerge from no less than unquestionably victorious! For now, however, this seemed to be a draw, as their animosity was put on the backburner. Storytime is much to sacred to be violated by war.

Kev was as animated a story-listener as he was a story-teller, gasping in all the right places. Little Shally didn’t appreciate the sentiment of cat subjugation much, as one would expect. Best keep her furry toes on the other side of Discord’s personal bubble, then, eh? Of course he would never dream of harming the poor little puss, no no no, this is merely a cold war after all. He chose not to let himself dwell on evil plans for too long, however. There were much more interesting evil plans being implemented in the past to focus on.

Oh, a scaly-thing after his own heart! There was no doubt that Kev found the king’s plans as detestable as he had, even if it probably wasn’t for the exact same reasons… But no matter. The day ended in victory, and he didn’t even have to get his claws dirty. “Oh certainly. Why risk life and limb on the front lines when you can have a much better view of the action from the balcony?” he replied agreeably. “Baast was certainly one of my better partners—in crime.”

Anyway, “Oh, no. I don’t believe she did. They actually dispensed with authority all but entirely for a while; an entirely democratic society. That was fun… Of course that didn’t last very long. I forget the name of the guy, some jackal cowardly enough to let cats keep him in check with little to no resistance on his part. Those dogs were not about to underestimate those felines again, though, so all’s well that ends well.” Sounded rather like the opposite of progress to him as well, but the cats had no further objects that he knew of, so who was he to judge?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:39 am

((Whoo! I know the dorms were weird for me for the same reason. Plus, I was an only child so I'd never had a roommate before. Thankfully, I got a pretty good one! I'm glad you're having a good time! Also, sorry this took a while! I've got a babysitting 'job' twice a week and looking after three boys (a 7 year old, a 4 year old, and a 2 year old) can be exhausting. ))

"Mhm! Nothing says 'getting to know somebody' like completing a complicated task or trying to survive together!" Be it riddles, searching for random items, or even trying to plan out a strategy, the noodly alien found that it was a nice icebreaker! Amazing the kind of bonds get struck in the heat of the moment! Though Discord's romp through the thorny woods sounded less like an icebreaker and more like...an iceberg sinking. Kev's head tilted to the side thoughtfully. "Of course, maybe stressful situations like that aren't the greatest for meeting people...but you still have me, Discord!" He motioned to himself eagerly. Aside from a mutual loss of a friend, they didn't have to meet under disastrous circumstances!

Discord's stealthy raspberry was indeed missed by the alien, who's eyes were temporarily focused upon his cat. The snake tongue was not missed by Shally herself, who seemed to squint her bright eyes at the draconequus. Not much missed her gaze, not when it flickered the way his tongue did! Lucky for him that it wasn't in paw reach. Her gaze silently simmered on him throughout the tale, intensifying at the subjugation of the other cats and lessening at the apparent feline victory. The calico's eyes tilted upwards in light pleasure as Kev's fingers continued to knead behind an ear.

Nodding in agreement, the scaly man did give Discord a questioning look. "I'm a little surprised...you seem like the type to love the spotlight! Though heh, like you said... Maybe the spotlight seems less appealing when it's attached to a weapon for aiming." He winked a rather large blue eye to the larger noodle creature. He would hold no judgement over the draconequus' desire to stay off the front lines. The alien wasn't exactly Mr. Soldier himself. "Have you had many partners in crime?" Kev asked, innocently enough. Though that one bad guy had proven to be an awful partner, at least there were others, like Baast!

For a moment, word of the cats' progress made the little scaly man perk up in his chair! Though just as quick, he sagged a bit. "So after all that effort, a jackal still wound up being in power..." A shame. Shally didn't seem to agree, finding her own pleasure in the detail that this new jackal leader was firmly beneath the claws of the cats. "At least he sounds more...agreeable than that king. and definitely not a tyrant!" He raised a fist in light solidarity. "And as long as the citizens are satisfied, I guess it is an improvement!"

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:48 pm

((Same. :D And yikes, I'll bet that is exhausting...))

Discord snickered. It was a valid point; he knew from multiple experiences how a common foe could bring everyone together (he had even been one of the “everyone” a few times). After all, despite their differences, a will to live was generally something everyone had in common. Or a will to leave, rather… Life wasn’t really of the utmost importance for a couple of undead judges or whatever else there was around here that couldn’t technically claim to be living. They had been more interested in getting out of that forest than much else.

He couldn’t help but laugh aloud at Kev’s enthusiasm. It was good-natured laugh, though. “Yes, I suppose I do!” Of everyone on the Breach, Kev indeed was the only one he hadn’t had to struggle to survive with. Well, him and—nevermind, nothing.

“Precisely.” As fun as it was to run the show and get the recognition for it, too, his continued existence and the privilege of watching was reward enough without the extra attention of crosshairs. “Knowing when to stick to the sidelines is what’s been keeping me alive for quite some time now.” It was the only reason he had lived as long as he had that summer, after all. Only to be crushed by a rock in the end… He was going to be thinking about that for years, he just knew it. Not fair… Whatever, at least he hadn’t stayed dead, which would have been infinitely more embarrassing.

“Well… No, not a whole lot of them, no,” he said, a pensive look on his face. At least, he didn’t think so… He supposed that to somepony with a normal lifespan it would seem like a lot, but considering the couple hundred years he had been fully conscious for, it just didn’t seem like all that many to him. “But I suppose a fair few… Not all of them particularly friendly.” He couldn’t help but think of Tirek as he said that. And how that particular fiasco hadn’t been the first time a foe had been hoping to get the drop on him by getting close, as they knew from his story, even if he had been the most successful. He preferred to work alone anyway.

Discord merely shrugged. “They seemed okay with it. After the first successful uprising, it wouldn’t have been too difficult for them to stage another if they had been unsatisfied, so~” Baast wasn’t one to let herself and her fellow felines be subjugated a second time. When he left her, she had certainly seemed to have the whole situation pinned under a claw. He wasn’t worried.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:13 pm

((Very, phew. Thankfully, their mom gets off for winter break so I'll be having a winter break too! I hope you're doing well and best of luck with any finals or projects you have for the end of the semester!))

Making the draconequus laugh felt like a worthy achievement. It filled Kev's chest up with pride, as the alien squinted his eyes with pleasure. He adored this feeling, cheering up those he cared about and turning frowns upside down. How lucky for the two of them that the scaly man didn't have to embarrass himself any in order to do it this time! "Yes indeedy, feed the needy!" He added, both elbows tucked in and waving his arms in tandem with his words. Well, aside from that dorky bit, there was nothing embarrassing!

Looking at it from Discord's perspective was interesting, large blue eyes turning thoughtful. "Hm...I never thought of it like that before. Well, I did but..." Kev trailed off, scratching the scales of his chin. "It's easy for somebody like me to decide to stick to the sideline and out of the line of fire, you know? I'm kind of small, not very powerful...and my planet could be very harsh. So like you, sticking to the sidelines has kept me alive! Coming here has made it a bit different, since sometimes you have to march up to whatever's causing trouble and punch them in the face...and that has gotten me killed a time or two...or four. Plus, I'm naturally a coward anyway." Before the subject could turn too deep or depressing, he threw in a wink and a light chuckle. "But it's interesting to know that someone as powerful as you thinks like that too! I think it's smart...at least compared to the kind of people who boast about their powers and get bad attention that way. Honestly, some of the people who tried to destroy this place could have flown under the radar if they didn't feel the need to brag that they were the ones who did it." It must do wonders for the ego, but Kev still had to question the logic in that.

Ah...right. Considering Discord's past, he should have considered that some of these partners in crime would be involved in actual crimes. Head cocking to the side, the alien seemed to soak in the pensiveness of Discord's gaze. "That's alright. Sometimes that's just how it is. In my case, I actually seem to attract the less friendly types! Not everybody can be nice, and that's fine too. The important thing is that you don't let them mistreat you." This, the alien said with a bit of wisdom to his mental voice. What little he had heard regarding this Tirek sounded like a bad situation, and the other's betrayal was horrible! Poetic in an ironic sense, maybe, but needlessly cruel in his opinion.

Regarding the feisty felines, Kev chuckled lightly. Indeed, after one successful revolution, the cats had reclaimed power into their claws and could better steer the wheel that lead to their future. "Good, then! They sound very self-sufficient." Smart, too.

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:28 pm

The first laugh may not have been, but this second guffaw was somewhat at Kev’s expense… He couldn’t help it, he looked like a T-Rex! And the extra y’s in his words certainly weren’t helping that ridiculous image. Discord shook his head and wiped a tear away from his eye. He hadn’t laughed like that at something so harmless in quite some time! Typically it was his own poking fun that he laughed at. What? His moral compass had never pointed perfectly north…

Discord nodded along with most of what Kev was saying, only balking for a moment at that bit about having died four times. Good heavens… “Precisely. What good is such a healthy ego if you’re just going to get yourself killed? The balance between limb and pride is the only one I’ve ever striven for. And I will deny having ever said that.” The same sentiment could be made of his chaos, after all; what good is turning the world inside out if one never gets to see it? Unless he is sacrificing himself for 100% garunteed everlasting chaos so complete that harmony will never be restored at any point in any timeline for now and forever more until the whole of space time and reality itself collapses never to rise again… That’s different.

Discord almost snorted… He couldn’t deny that Kev did tend to hang around the unfriendlies of this world more often than those of a higher moral ground. Just look at who he’s having tea and candy with at the moment! He also couldn’t deny that next sentiment… He gave a soft, almost pained smile. “Precisely.” Tirek never would have made it as far as he had if Discord had just roundhouse kicked him back into Tartarus for trying to ruffle his feathers in the first place. He had been manipulated, and looking back on it, couldn’t believe he had ever fallen for it. He had seen the signs and ignored them, when he should have done something about them.

“Oh yes, Baast and the clan can certainly handle themselves.” He was about to continue, but a sudden yawn prevented him. “Excuse me, I was about to say, it’s a wonder they didn’t just start their own civilization apart from the jackals. I suppose they were satisfied enough living alongside them.” He had glanced inconspicuously out the window, only to discover that darkness had fallen at some point during their conversation. Curse those short winter days… Of course he had no intentions of leaving tonight if it could be helped. He knew it was probably improper, but he was more than willing to take advantage of Kev’s hospitality for the rest of the night if it delayed a certain occasion which he was not looking forward to whatsoever. “Cats really are good at fending for themselves, I’m sure they could have developed and implemented their own laws and government if they so wished.” Perhaps Kev wouldn’t notice how late it was getting, or if he did, then he would notice how cold it was outside, and take pity on his poor dwaconequus pal...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 am

A goofy, mouthless T-Rex, one couldn't blame Discord for laughing at such a sight. The only thing that would have made it better is if the dorky phrase had been replaced with a dinosaur like screech. The scales on Kev's cheeks flushed a bright shade of emerald, chuckling along with the draconequus. He wasn't quite sure what possessed him to do that other than...well, being a goober! It seemed to work out fine though, the alien was in good goober company after all!

"Wow..." Kev blinked openly at Discord, eyes wide. "That sounds so wise! I'll have to remember that for the future..." That line about limb and pride in particular. Balancing his chin in one hand, the alien hummed thoughtfully. "A shame that some people have such fragile egos that they'd risk their lives to build themselves up. At least you're a smart guy, even if you'll deny it." He winked playfully, finding it interesting that Discord would want to deny his words. Probably because it didn't live up to his chaotic title.

The pained smile drew a wince from the reptile, eyeing him with a soft tension in his body. Good job Kev, very subtle. What's worse, he felt truly out of his element on how to pick Discord up from this one. No stranger to being duped or betrayed, his hesitation came from just how little he knew about the situation. Oh sure, he had heard what the noodley draconequus had told Fluttershy of it, but he still felt like a novice in the world of colorful ponies. Saying much of anything else may have been crossing a line or boundary. So Kev did the safe thing and gaze the other creature a sympathetic look. Not a speck of pity, merely sympathy and even apologetic though he'd had nothing to do with Tirek and his misdeeds.

Further discussion on the subject of Baast was briefly interrupted by a yawn that stretched over Discord's grey muzzle. Kev drew back lightly, blinking as if just realizing the time. Still listening as his guest spoke, he found his gaze wandering to the window as well. Tulsit, it was quite dark out there! With all this jibber-jawing, it had slipped his mind that the evening was still young when Discord first appeared on his doorstep. Gaze focused on the night sky, he responded with a small laugh. "That's cats for you. I bet they wanted something to tease and boss around." Independent as they were, some cats definitely carried some sort of superiority complex over their owners. "And as great as they are, cats can be very lazy sometimes." Turning to look at the draconequus once again, the mouthless alien seemed to be looking him over for a moment before speaking up.

"From the sound of that yawn, I'd say somebody's tired...if you want, you could stay the night here! I wouldn't mind, it's dark and cold out there after all." And it wasn't like there was anybody else who'd mind a guest staying the night, Kev thought to himself with only a little bit of bitterness. "Sending you out there would probably count as animal cruelty." His gaze roamed the furniture Discord was lounging upon, trying to think to himself if that would make a proper bed for his lanky pal. "I have...s-something of a guest bed upstairs, if you'd prefer a real bed and not a couch."

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:04 pm

"Thank you!" It's about time someone realized his wisdom and intelligence. With ponies it was all "oh you're evil so it doesn't matter" and "what are you eating" all the time... "What can I say? Being underestimated usually works out in my favor." Back in Equestria, that was what had ensured that he had those loopholes to slither through (Celestia not protecting the Elements of Harmony better the first time, for example). Here, it made most less eager--if not entirely unwilling--to tangle with him, seeing as they were uncertain how powerful he truly was and therefore uncertain of what they were getting into.

Kev wrote:"That's cats for you. I bet they wanted something to tease and boss around."

Discord snorted. Certainly... He carefully tucked his tail under him, careful not to jostle the tuft in an overly-tantalizing manner, and sent a pointed glare at the small, furry elephant in the room. "It wouldn't be unheard of." The next statement, on the other hand, saw the draconequus on the receiving end of a suspiciously lengthy look. Discord didn't say anything, instead choosing to answer with a straight-faced look of his own. Yes, they certainly are, aren't they?

"Why, Kevin, you are just too kind!" He really was sometimes. Discord didn't even have to ask aloud or bribe him with his continued comfortable existence or anything. "Oh yes, you wouldn't want the ESPCA on your tail, now would you?" Okay, so maybe there was incentive, but nothing too serious. Ponies weren't reknowned for their tendencies towards interdimensional travel, after all, so they had nothing to fear from that not-actually-existent Equestrian agency.

"That would be ideal," he replied, getting to his feet, though he felt somewhat odd about taking the offer of the bed. He wasn't exactly sure why... Perhaps it had been the stutter? That could have just been Kev mis-thinking, however, so... "If that's fine by you, of course." Ehhhhhh that was just as odd... He decided to just stop talking for the time being.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:18 am

"You're welcome!" Goodness, this guy was like a little ray of sunshine! The alien's eyes began to squint in a look of contentment. It was joined by a soft laugh at Discord's next words. "It does, huh?" After taking a moment to apparently think something over, he cocked his head to the side and gave the noodley creature a shrug. "In that case, I guess I really won't mention your genius to anybody! The more underestimated, the better you come out on top, eh~?" Kev threw in a cheeky wink. From one underestimated peon to another!

Shally the furry elephant did little more than mewl in a low, drawn out tone. The queenly kitty was unamused with the draconequus' tone! Kev was far more amused, chuckling to himself. "Yeah, they're the pet you love to serve!" At least he certainly did! Fingers wiggled affectionately at his cat, the aliens stare nevertheless remained suspiscious and focused upon the chaos spirit. He received a rather interesting face in return, raising an brow at him. What an interesting person! And definitely not at all like a cat, nope, no way at all absolute truth. No matter how much he lazed about on the couch and wished to make the world a chaotic funderland. Not catlike at all!

Kevin eh? "Pfft...that's my name, don't wear it out! And there's no such thing as being too kind when you have guests!" A house guest was to be treated with the utmost of respect and care! Stuffed with food and pumped with tea! In this case, candy. Though he didn't quite know ESPCA by name, he could guess from the subject they'd been discussing that it must have been an animal control group. "Yeah they're the last people I need on my non-existent tail!" Darn inter-dimensional animal control, riding on his butt and wagging their hooves at him for being a meany to poor Discord!

Awkwardness seemed to settle on them like a thick fog after Kev's suggestion that his guest take one of the bed upstairs. He stared back at the draconequus, scratching the back of his scaly dome with a sheepish and short laugh. It would be fine, it would! The situation was just...awkward and strange. The alien debated for a moment if it was even worth bringing up. Alas, Discord deserved the truth, did he not? Avoiding the other's gaze and suddenly finding the wall very interesting, Kev began. "It is fine by me, you'll need some room to sleep of course! I'd never ask for you to sleep on the floor. It's just...that bedroom used to be my ex-girlfriend's so it's...a bit awkward. The decor of her old room is also...embarrassingly frilly and ladylike so I'm a little self-conscious. But!" His gaze snapped back onto Discord quickly. "As long as none of that bothers you or...or makes you feel weird, please do take the bed! You're far too long to sleep on the couch." Well, he had to admit that he never thought he'd be inviting a male chimera creature into his ex-girlfriend's bed. Truly a unique situation. And hopefully not awkward enough to send his guest running...

Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 pm

((*dying velociraptor noises* I hope you're not as busy as I've been, and if you are, then I wish you the best of luck! :'D))

Kev wrote:"In that case, I guess I really won't mention your genius to anybody! The more underestimated, the better you come out on top, eh~?"

Discord blinked. On second thought… “Well, maybe mention it to just a few others…” As wonderful as being repeatedly underestimated tended to be, there were some ponies out there who could stand to be reminded of his brilliance and power every now and then, and he very well couldn’t have them forgetting it, now could he? Creatures like those judges, on the other hand, he would much rather have remained unknown to. Undead executioners were not something he wanted to be on the radar of.

Ex-girlfriend, huh? Well that would explain some of the awkward almost-hesitation. He was sure he wouldn’t be bothered too much by those circum—

Kev wrote:"The decor of her old room is also...embarrassingly frilly and ladylike so I'm a little self-conscious."

—stances… On second thought, maybe he would rather avoid that. The one advantage that he had found that came with living in the Breach was the distinct lack of sunshine and rainbows compared to Equestria. Despite its flaws and room-a-plenty for Discord-style improvement, this dimension did have a nice, not incredibly girly, non-merchandisable air about it that he found himself rather fond of. Even the animals weren’t as cute.

He supposed Kephin did have a point about the couch or floor not being very good options… He glanced down at the couch he was sprawling all the way off the ends of with a critical eye. Then he glanced towards the stairs, which he assumed was the general direction of this ex’s room. Whatever thought process then occurred resulted in him returning his gaze to straight ahead with a little too carefully neutral expression. He then slowly shrank down until he could obviously fit comfortably on the couch. His choice was obvious.

“This will do.” He gave one of the cushions an affectionate pat. But not too affectionate. Firm. A very firm, manly pat. More like a slap on the figurative back. Like guys do. Not the kind of thing you would ever see in Princess Sparkle Ponyland.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:05 pm

((Busy is relative...I'm only busy two days out of the week with this babysitting gig but sometimes it takes me several days to get back into the 'zone' for writing posts. Kids are such a handful sometimes... I bet you're busy with college stuff though, and I wish you the best of luck! Also side note, Discord deciding the couch would do made me think of this gif from The Force Awakens: boop))

Ohoho, just a few huh? Kev's scaly brows arched in amusement, withholding any chuckles to be polite. Guess there was a difference between being underestimated and being entirely unknown. "In that case, I think I could mention your chaotic genius to a couple of people... I'll try to talk you up without giving away your trade secrets~!" The draconequus really was an interesting guy to know, and quite fun too! Perhaps he did need a little 'mentioning' at others. Discord could always use some new friends!

With the explanation for Kev's awkwardness given, the alien stared back at his guest with his best pokerface. The ensuing silence seemed to be filled with even more awkwardness, at least it seemed so to the scaly man. He twiddled his thumb's and tried to seem completely relaxed. And not at all like he wished he could smack his own head and chide himself for making Discord seemingly uncomfortable. It wasn't as if the Kryptonistanian was not used to having people stay the night, but none of them had ever been as...long and lanky as the draconequus before him. Shoving him onto the couch seemed like an uncomfortable choice. Everybody else to stay the night seemed to fit fine on it, only Randall came close to being as lengthy! Then again good ole Randy only stayed the night because he helped a sleep-drunk Kev find his way home. Note to self, say 'hi' to that monster and make something nice for him as thanks.

Subtly, the alien's dark blue gaze followed along with Discord's, a little confused as he did so. The couch, the stairs, and then...forward. Ever so slowly, the lanky beast began to deflate into the cushions like a balloon animal that had run out of air. With the way his body curved into the cushions, he looked ready to sleep right then! "As long as you're sure!" Kev added, eyeing the manliest pat he had ever seen given to a couch cushion. Yes, the both of them were strong and manly. They dreamt of doing push-ups and eating steak! Raw steak! Manly. "In that case, I can go ahead and grab you a pillow and a blanket. It can get pretty cold this time of year." Kev insisted, rising up from his chair and more genuinely relaxed now that the awkward exchange was finished. Taking the steps two at a time, the reptilian man ascended the stairs and made a beeline for the trunk at the foot of his bed. A soft pillow with a simple white pillowcase and a folded up quilt. Bundling them both up in his arms, he swiftly returned to his guest downstairs and offered them to him happily.

"I hope these will suffice!"

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:49 pm